Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How soon will you take the vaccine?
Day 1 that it's available for me 25 42.37%
First month 13 22.03%
Second month 7 11.86%
Third month or later 12 20.34%
I'm a trout anti-vaxxer 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2021, 08:46 AM   #251
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well I just got my one shot J&J vaccine this morning. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to when they told us that they were doing walk ins at work. So I have to call in sick the next 48 hours. Having already had covid I hope that means any side effects are minimized.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:11 AM   #252
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have mine scheduled finally, (Moderna) since AZ opened up to everyone over 16 for tomorrow and the 2nd on April 27th, will be nice to finally get this done.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #253
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Just got the Pfizer shot. Very little waiting at WalGreens. If I don't post again in 24 hours then assume i became a zombie.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 03-29-2021 at 10:39 AM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:22 AM   #254
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Well I just got my one shot J&J vaccine this morning. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to when they told us that they were doing walk ins at work. So I have to call in sick the next 48 hours. Having already had covid I hope that means any side effects are minimized.

I hope this isn't the case, but the fact that you've had COVID might make it worse b/c your body will have a strong immune response ready to go.

My cousin had COVID and got J&J and ended up with the 24 hours of flu-like symptoms.

Good luck!
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:39 AM   #255
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I have my second on Sunday (Pfizer) and I'm dreading about how I'm gonna react. I posted that I had a brief, but terrifying hospital stay due to COVID back in December. When I got my first shot a couple of weeks go, I had 48 hours of COVID symptons that had similar reactions as to when I had COVID. Even a moment where I thought I was losing my breath. And everyone is saying it's both easier and harder (depending on the person) when they get their second shot. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. Well, not the worse, but a crappy 48 hours.

Ugh, 12 hours after getting it, felt awful. Body aches, chills, low grade fever, headache. Still feel awful, but the chills are gone
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #256
Swaggs
Coordinator

I got my second Pfizer on Saturday and felt terrible yesterday. Muscle pain/stiffness in my upper body, low grade fever, and sore throat. Feel great today. Such a strange phenomenon.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #257
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Wife and I both got our first Pfizer shots this week at different mass vac sites. Took an hour to hour and a half for each but we were a bit lucky as I know some waited up to 3 hours and one of the sites ran out and had to turn people away.

No day after issues. Was a bit sore all over but I think I just slept wrong.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:54 PM   #258
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm curious if there's any rhyme or reason to a healthy person's reaction to the vaccine and how they would fare with Covid (if they haven't gotten it yet).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:23 PM   #259
Cuckoo
College Starter

Had my 2nd Moderna on Saturday morning. Woke up at 6 a.m. Sunday with a slight headache and shivering uncontrollably. It took me a bit to get warmed up but no fever. That was pretty much it for me.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:28 PM   #260
Izulde
Head Coach

Second dose of Pfizer kicked my ass - 46 hours of chills, 31.5 hours of fever. Muscle aches, headache, etc.

Some interesting things when comparing notes with a friend of mine - neurodiverse people, at least from our limited data, have a higher rate of prolonged, more severe reactions (autism for sure, though likely other divergences).

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #261
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

1st dose of Pfizer down. My arm hurts. And apparently I have Izulde to look forward to.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #262
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
1st dose of Pfizer down. My arm hurts. And apparently I have Izulde to look forward to.

yay coffee
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #263
pantera
n00b

Brother & his wife got their 2nd Moderna Saturday afternoon. Fine until bedtime, then a restless sleep, felt weak & tired yesterday, back to normal today.
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:45 PM   #264
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera View Post
Brother & his wife got their 2nd Moderna Saturday afternoon. Fine until bedtime, then a restless sleep, felt weak & tired yesterday, back to normal today.

Good to know, thanks. I get my second next Wed.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #265
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yup just a sore arm so far and very little zombification. My second dose is 4 weeks from now and I am not looking forward to it.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #266
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yeah i had a nmegasore arm for a couple days...and once the weekend hit I was TOTALLY fatigued

like I felt like a 16 ton weight was on top of me
Old 03-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #267
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I hope this isn't the case, but the fact that you've had COVID might make it worse b/c your body will have a strong immune response ready to go.

My cousin had COVID and got J&J and ended up with the 24 hours of flu-like symptoms.

Good luck!

I really hope not. I'm about 10 hours in and can't tell if I feel anything. Tired, maybe a bit light headed. We'll see how the night goes, but I hope it's all good.

Like Steam?

Old 03-29-2021, 06:54 PM   #268
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera View Post

This was our experience with 2nd Moderna, too.

We were restless all night until we took Motrin around 5am and then were able to sleep.

The day of was fine, the day after was bad, the day after that - back to normal.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:47 PM   #269
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

is insomnia a side effect of the vaccines?
Old 03-29-2021, 10:21 PM   #270
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Moderna shot #1 done. No effects at all. We'll see about that in 4 weeks.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:07 PM   #271
Galaril
Pro Starter

I got lucky this am. On just a whim since I have had not luck for weeks getting n appointment I decided to check the Kroger pharmacy site in Colorado and low and behold they had an appointment this evening 15 minutes from my house so I grabbed it. I got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine with my second shot on the 19th.

Last edited by Galaril : 03-29-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #272
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

It wasn't insomnia for us so much as temperature control went all wonky. Low grade fever, chills, and sweats (along with some aches and dizziness). So it's hard to sleep when uncomfortable. Fever-ish dreams, too.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:01 AM   #273
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
yeah i had a nmegasore arm for a couple days...and once the weekend hit I was TOTALLY fatigued

like I felt like a 16 ton weight was on top of me

This was close to my experience. Arm was a bit sore, but I was wiped out for 3-4 days. I didn't feel sick, just tired all the time.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:33 AM   #274
pantera
n00b

Quote:
From my own experience and from people I spoke with, 1st Moderna shot tends to just give a slightly sore arm.

2nd shot, it was just hard to sleep that first night. Happened to me and a few friends, family members. It's some combination of a mild fever, chills, maybe a headache, and a sore arm. So you tend to wake up feeling quite tired and stumble through the next morning. But by the evening or the 2nd day, you're pretty much back to normal, if a little tired.

I sell to a few health clinics, and I'm very friendly with a couple of directors there. According to them, the above is pretty common. No reports of truly awful side effects. And some people have almost zero side effects or just a slightly sore arm for both shots. I have a coworker who had the tougher reaction to the 1st shot and didn't feel anything on the 2nd one. Weirdo.

Last edited by pantera : 03-30-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:39 AM   #275
Butter
Coordinator

My son is getting his 2nd shot tomorrow, my wife next Tuesday, and me and my other child 2 weeks from tomorrow.

So, I have a serious question. At what point can we dispense with the masks? It seems like by mid-to-late summer everyone will have had more than a chance to get vaccinated. At that point if you are not vaccinated, it is really on you, isn't it? The rest of us just keep getting vaccinated every year like the flu, and then the others keep getting COVID in varying degrees of severity. And like the flu it sounds like there'll be a ton of COVID variants, some worse than others, some more vaccine resistant than others.

Or do you foresee the masks being a permanent thing, sort of like how they are typical to be worn on mass transit and in public by many in certain Asian countries?
Old 03-30-2021, 07:32 AM   #276
pantera
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
So, I have a serious question. At what point can we dispense with the masks? It seems like by mid-to-late summer everyone will have had more than a chance to get vaccinated. At that point if you are not vaccinated, it is really on you, isn't it? The rest of us just keep getting vaccinated every year like the flu, and then the others keep getting COVID in varying degrees of severity. And like the flu it sounds like there'll be a ton of COVID variants, some worse than others, some more vaccine resistant than others.

Or do you foresee the masks being a permanent thing, sort of like how they are typical to be worn on mass transit and in public by many in certain Asian countries?
I tend to agree with you on the 1st part. Masks off by the fall? Exception being if they find that the vaccines tend to wear off quickly and we need a booster in the fall/winter. Or a variant emerges that the current vaccines can't handle.

On your 2nd question, I can foresee myself wearing a mask during typical flu season when I will go on errands or shopping, or get on public transportation. Why not? I'm used to wearing one now, it's not too much of a bother. If it can reduce my chances of catching a flu or cold, put one on. (I wouldn't wear one to a friend's house or to a restaurant) I think there will be a slight culture shift in that regard, because there won't be a stigma about wearing one in the future. I think a lot of people will carry around hand sanitizer in their pocket/purse too.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #277
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
My son is getting his 2nd shot tomorrow, my wife next Tuesday, and me and my other child 2 weeks from tomorrow.

I'm with you. There's a certain point where everyone that wants a shot has gotten one. And think that would be by first half of Summer like in June. I am sure my mask regimen will become much more lax (e.g. grocery store, walking the trails, going into a gas station to buy a coke, getting a hair cut etc.).

With that said, there are still some groups where vaccinations are not yet approved for like younger children. So out of respect for that, if I had to go to a Chucky Cheese (are they still around?) or to playground, I would wear a mask. Not for me but for them in case I can still infect even if vaccinated.

Additionally, if I was in an airport/plane, I think I'll be wearing a mask for the forseeable future (and hope the airlines continue to enforce it).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #278
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It's a good question.

I think that American individualism will cause us to never adopt masks like they have done in certain Asian countries.

I am very very pro-mask right now. But once the numbers are down--and especially once kids can get vaccinated--I don't see myself wearing one.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:38 AM   #279
Ksyrup

I wish we had timed this correctly so masks could be done away with before hot weather. Another summer of mask-wearing and I'm going to be hot, sweaty AND irritable.

I have not minded wearing a mask during the winter. I sometimes kept it on even when I didn't need to for warmth.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-30-2021, 09:35 AM   #280
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well on queue, I feel mostly the same as when I had Covid, but less intense.

Like Steam?

Old 03-30-2021, 06:56 PM   #281
BYU 14
Coordinator

Got my first Moderna about a half hour ago, I can tell my arm will be a little sore tomorrow, so glad it timed that tomorrow is a non-lifting day. Hopefully that is it.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:00 PM   #282
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Got my first Moderna about a half hour ago, I can tell my arm will be a little sore tomorrow, so glad it timed that tomorrow is a non-lifting day. Hopefully that is it.

I definitely felt the arm the next day. But after that, it was fine. Smart of you to schedule it for an off day.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:13 AM   #283
miami_fan
Coordinator

I got my 2nd dose of Pfizer about an hour ago. Nothing yet but let's see how the rest of the day goes.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:04 AM   #284
Kodos
Resident Alien

Mildly sore arm and somewhat runny nose the day after my first Pfizer shot on March 22nd. Hopefully second shot is similarly uneventful. Just grateful that I'm on the path to immunity and have the prospect of life returning to some semblance of normalcy after my son gets his shots (he becomes eligible tomorrow). I'll mask up when necessary, but really looking forward to being able to let my 12-year-old daughter do more activities with her friends without having to insist they're held outside. This whole thing has been rough for her. My son, on the other hand, has been happy enough to stay at home all the time. We'll force him to return to school after his second shot. He's a sophomore in high school.

It's been pretty painful trying to navigate keeping my 79-year-old father (who lives in our house) and my wife (who has increased risk factors) safe while also trying to make sure my daughter gets to interact with her friends in person from time to time when circumstances allowed outdoor activities. There has been more arguing/negotiating with my wife (and daughter) during this time than at any previous time in our marriage. I can see how this thing would break up a weak marriage, especially if the spouses aren't generally on the same page when it comes to safety precautions.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-31-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #285
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm gonna throw this in here, seems likely as anywhere to find an answer (cause I've struck out with my own Googling)

Has anybody seen a reasonably solid and reasonably detailed explanation about what states get which vaccine and how that's determined?

It's by far the question I've been asked the most in some form ("How come we only get Moderna around here? Where's the J&J?", etc etc) but darned if I find an answer to it.

I've gone through the CDC info that I found, it shows the weekly allocations of each drug for each state (which then have to be requested by the state up to that limit) and explanations about the deadlines for states to request, all the other rules for them .... but I've yet to find anything that explains the top-level process for how each brand is being allocated in the first place.

Anybody hook me up?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:36 PM   #286
BYU 14
Coordinator

I can only speak for my state since I am connected to the process through my job, but here it is based on requisition date. Pfizer was the first to made available in AZ, followed by Moderna, which is now slightly more common than the Pfizer. Johnson and Johnson was the last vaccine requisitioned here, so it is basically filling in the remaining demand based on the DHS allotment/distribution.

J&J is mainly available through family Medical practices, which are receiving their vaccines after the Pharmacies and Public Health centers were already queued up, so very few Pharmacies have J&J. And since it is one dose, those appointments are tougher to get by both available supply and demand.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:37 PM   #287
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dola, I suspect the volume of all vaccines manufacturers will start to even out as we move into late spring, early summer.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:38 PM   #288
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I can only speak for my state since I am connected to the process through my job, but here it is based on requisition date. Pfizer was the first to made available in AZ, followed by Moderna, which is now slightly more common than the Pfizer. Johnson and Johnson was the last vaccine requisitioned here, so it is basically filling in the remaining demand based on the DHS allotment/distribution.

J&J is mainly available through family Medical practices, which are receiving their vaccines after the Pharmacies and Public Health centers were already queued up, so very few Pharmacies have J&J. And since it is one dose, those appointments are tougher to get by both available supply and demand.

Thanks. By golly, if I read you right, I think what I told someone last night was reasonably close then.

Quote:
states can get X amount of shots per week, but what you got depends on what you already had, how you did with it, etc etc. So I think we started with Moderna & that made us more likely to get more allocations of it
Old 03-31-2021, 03:16 PM   #289
Thomkal
Head Coach

Mom got her second Moderna shot yeserday, no complications so far just a sore arm. I get my second Pfizer shot next week
Old 03-31-2021, 03:54 PM   #290
Ksyrup

KY is opening up for everyone over 16 on Monday. Pfizer for 16 and up, Moderna and J&J for 18 and up, I think is what I heard.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:07 PM   #291
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Finally convinced my 90 year old dad to get it since he can do the J and J one.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:25 PM   #292
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice!
Old 04-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #293
JediKooter
Coordinator

Get my second dose on the 7th. First shot, arm started to hurt right before bed, but, the pain was gone by the time I woke up the next morning. No other side effects other than I'm still pretty ugly.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #294
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Get my second dose on the 7th. First shot, arm started to hurt right before bed, but, the pain was gone by the time I woke up the next morning. No other side effects other than I'm still pretty ugly.

So you're a zombie then?
Old 04-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #295
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So you're a zombie then?

In the mornings, most definitely!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 04-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #296
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

For everyone who has had at least one shot, how do we feel about Microsoft and Bill Gates now?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:38 AM   #297
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
For everyone who has had at least one shot, how do we feel about Microsoft and Bill Gates now?

I have begun to use Microsoft Edge exclusively. Not sure why though.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #298
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I got my 2nd dose of Pfizer about an hour ago. Nothing yet but let's see how the rest of the day goes.

No difference from the first one meaning no reaction at all.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #299
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

No change, I can't remember, but pretty sure I had planned to get this new Microsoft man stamp tattoo before the shot though.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #300
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

I named my first kid, Clippy.