Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #901
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Got my email from DirecTV telling me they are gifting Sunday Ticket Max. They gave it to me for free after week 9 last year. I guess they are so desperate to keep subscribers they aren't waiting for people to call and threaten to leave...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #902
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really like the new practice squad rules. Teams actually have a legit taxi squad this year. Up to 6 guys(was 2 before covid) can have more than 2 years experience and you can designate 4 guys a week that can't get poached.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #903
Galaril
Pro Starter

Ouch Broncos just lost Von Miller for the season. Torn ankle tendon. I wonder how many big name players go down the next month due to limited TC and pre season games with contact
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #904
Thomkal
Head Coach

oof
Old 09-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #905
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I was looking at NFL Network on TV (we have Spectrum) and I noticed that NFL Red Zone, one channel down was no longer available. I've had it for two or three years now. So I asked their online support, and it seems that they changed their tiers of services (and we had the Sports Pass added). So even though I still get NFL Network. Red Zone is not included unless I change to one of the current tiers and pay $5 extra/month to get access to Red Zone and about 10 other sports channels including NFL Network...which I still have.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:23 PM   #906
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Got my email from DirecTV telling me they are gifting Sunday Ticket Max. They gave it to me for free after week 9 last year. I guess they are so desperate to keep subscribers they aren't waiting for people to call and threaten to leave...

I was hoping they'd do this. I think they gave it to me for free last year and I didn't even realize it. So far this year I've just gotten a Week 1 free preview message from them. Would be nice to have even though I wouldn't use it much.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #907
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

They actually sent me an email about it during the draft and I forgot about it until 2 emails today. I didn't even realize there was game tomorrow. It's like I've got no concept of time anymore.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #908
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
My prediction:

1.) If Tua remains healthy, he will be a Pro Bowl QB within his first five years.

2.) Burrow will be a solid starter, but not elite.

3-4.) Hurts and Fromm will be low-end starters/quality backups

5-7.) Love, Herbert, and Eason won't make it in the league.

Herbert has proven me very wrong.

He's probably my favorite QB to watch right now. So many guys come into the league with a Howitzer arm and nothing else and wash out. It is so cool to see a guy with a cannon who also (so far) has all the other traits as well.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:03 PM   #909
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This game has 34-7 written all over it
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #910
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Being stoned watching the Manningcast is a truly wonderful experience.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #911
sabotai
General Manager

Andrew Thomas is a better TE than Evan Engram, change my mind.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:43 PM   #912
bhlloy
Coordinator

Andrew Thomas is a better Tight End than Tackle, change my mind
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #913
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
lots of weird and negative stories about Earl Thomas over the last few years.

I hope I am wrong about this, but it sure seems like there could be some CTE-influenced behavior changes going on there.

Quote:
Dola: The ravens could not get rid of him fast enough. They were just waiting for an excuse to do it. You don’t do that with a player who simply had a fight at practice. There’s a lot going on there :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
It does seem strange how quickly and aggressively they seemingly wanted to move on from him. What are the weird stories you've heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The more team related ones seem to be missing/being late to meetings, multiple altercations with teammates and not really wanting to play in the scheme or put in the work to pick it up - it would be ironic after the way he left Seattle if that turns out to be the only scheme he really wants to play in (where he really just had the freedom to play center field in almost every set).

With that being said the Cowboys will pick him up, pay him and design a defense around him because they never met a talented headcase they didn't like.

Just bumping this thread with discussion of the weird twist in Earl Thomas's career/life... I felt the speculation of him landing on his feet was very reasonable at the time, but the story just... ended. Like, he wasn't in camp anywhere this past summer, his agent wasn't chattering, to my knowledge he just disappeared from the football world.

Wow. He was a guy working through an arguably HOF worthy career, and basically in a flash and a bad headline, he's just gone.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote