Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2005, 09:15 PM   #101
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 6 - Sunday, April 8th - Boxscore

Code:
[1] Ancients AB R H RBI AVG All Stars AB R H RBI AVG B.Hamilton CF 4 0 1 0 .375 B.Blade 2B 4 1 1 0 .364 K.Kelly 3B 3 0 0 0 .267 A.Tucker CF 3 1 1 0 .333 E.Delahanty LF 4 0 0 0 .320 J.Nights SS 3 0 0 0 .167 S.Thompson RF 4 0 1 0 .300 P.Pflaggstettler RF 4 0 4 2 .526 C.Anson 1B 3 0 0 0 .000 D.Fouts 3B 3 0 0 0 .250 B-J.Ward PR 0 0 0 01.000 D.Gonzalez 1B 3 0 0 0 .273 G.Kelly 2B 4 1 2 1 .231 A-J.Potpie 1B 0 0 0 0 .100 G.Davis SS 4 0 0 0 .143 H.Hays C 3 0 0 0 .357 B.Ewing C 4 0 0 0 .250 S.Gunner LF 3 0 0 0 .333 O.Radbourn P 3 0 0 0 .143 R.Nielsen P 3 0 0 0 .000 S.Knowles P 0 0 0 0 ---- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- --- [1] Totals 33 1 4 1 Totals 29 2 6 2 A-Subbed Defensively (1B) For Gonzalez In 9th Inning B-Pinch Ran For Anson In 9th Inning Ancients........ 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 1 4 1 All Stars....... 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 - 2 6 2 [1]Ancients IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA O.Radbourn LOSS(1-1) 8 6 2 2 2 2 0 131 3.31 [1]Totals 8 6 2 2 2 2 0 [1]All Stars IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA R.Nielsen WIN(1-0) 8 3 1 1 1 7 1 105 2.93 S.Knowles SAVE(3rd) 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 19 0.00 [1]Totals 9 4 1 1 2 8 1 ATTENDANCE- 47,454 DATE- Sunday, April 8th 1900 TIME- Day T- 1:27 LEFT ON BASE- Ancients: 7 All Stars: 6 DOUBLE PLAYS- Ancients: 0 All Stars: 0 ERRORS- B.Hamilton, D.Fouts, J.Potpie DOUBLES- P.Pflaggstettler(1st) HOME RUNS- G.Kelly(2nd) SACRIFICE HITS- A.Tucker WALKS- K.Kelly, C.Anson, J.Nights, D.Fouts STRIKE OUTS- B.Hamilton, K.Kelly, E.Delahanty-2, S.Thompson, G.Kelly, O.Radbourn-2, D.Gonzalez, R.Nielsen WILD PITCHES- O.Radbourn WEB GEMS- Bot 2nd: George Davis robbed Rob Nielsen of a base hit.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #102
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That's more like it!

Rob Nielsen demands a raise.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:59 AM   #103
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The National Herald - Monday, April 9th

SPORTS

Code:
LEFT OUTS AT NEGRO LEAGUE I Leftovers....... 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 0 4 0 Ones............ 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 - 4 7 0 Win:Rogan(1-1) Loss:Carlton(1-1) Martin Dihigo had 2 base hits and Bullet Joe Rogan tossed a shutout at Black Diamond Pk where the Negro League I Ones beat the Left Outs Leftovers by the score of 4 to 0. Rogan(1-1) contributed a very nicely pitched game. He was stingy on the mound, allowing just 4 hits and 4 walks in 9 innings improving his ERA from 11.12 to 4.30. Neither team managed to score after the 4th inning. Steve Carlton(1-1) suffered the loss. He pitched 6 innings and surrendered 6 hits and 1 walk. AL PRE WWII AT JAPANESE LEAGUE Pre-Americans... 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 3 10 0 HOF Players..... 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 - 2 4 0 Win:Grove(1-1) Loss:Inao(0-2) Homeruns- B.Ruth(3rd), E.Averill(2nd) Lefty Grove was able to finish what he started and was credited with a complete game as the AL Pre WWII ballclub defeated the Japanese League HOF Players by a score of 3 to 2 at Nintendo Field. Grove(1-1) put on a good performance. He allowed only 4 hits and 4 walks in 9 innings reducing his ERA from 7.71 to 3.95. AL Pre WWII managed 10 in their victory. Kazuhisa Inao(0-2) took the loss. He was knocked around by AL Pre WWII, allowing 10 hits and 3 walks in 7 innings. LATE 20TH AT AL POST WWII Modern Stars.... 0 4 0 0 2 0 0 1 1 - 8 12 1 Post-Americans.. 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 3 9 1 Win:Johnson(2-0) Loss:Ryan(0-2) Homeruns- E.Murray(3rd) The red-hot Late 20th Modern Stars tallied 4 runs in the 2nd inning and had very little trouble at Yawnef Park downing the AL Post WWII team. The score was 8 to 3. Randy Johnson(2-0) gave Late 20th a solid outing. He allowed 9 hits and no walks in 7 innings. Johnson racked up 8 strikeouts. Late 20th finished with 12 hits while AL Post WWII ended up with 9. Nolan Ryan(0-2) was the losing pitcher. He allowed 6 runs and 7 hits in 7 innings. Late 20th extended their winning streak to 7 games. Joe Torre was very irritated after the contest. 'Just our luck to run into a team that's playing like a juggernaut right now. I have to congratulate Bobby Cox on his team's recent performance. A very impressive run.' CARIBBEAN AT DEAD BALL ERA Estrellas....... 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 3 4 0 Ghosts.......... 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 - 4 6 0 Win:McGinnity(1-0) Loss:Tiant Sr.(0-2) Homeruns- P.Coimbre(1st), T.Speaker(1st) Joe McGinnity went the distance at Deadball Park where the Dead Ball Era Ghosts beat the Caribbean Estrellas 4 to 3. McGinnity(1-0) earned his pay with a solid performance for McGinnity. He went 9 innings surrendering 4 hits and 6 walks. After the 4th inning, neither team was able to score. Luis Tiant Sr.(0-2) was given the loss. He gave up 4 runs and 5 hits in 4 innings. NL PRE WWII AT NL POST WWII Pre-Nationals... 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 4 0 - 7 14 1 Post-Nationals.. 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 - 5 11 1 Win:Hubbell(2-0) Loss:Perry(0-1) Save:Dean(1st) Homeruns- C.Klein-2(2nd), J.Mize(1st), M.Ott(4th), P.Traynor(3rd), R.Clemente-2(3rd) Chuck Klein smashed 2 homeruns as the NL Pre WWII club beat the NL Post WWII ballclub by a score of 7 to 5. Klein provided much of the offense. He smashed a bases-empty 'big-fly' in the 6th inning, smashed a solo-shot out of the park (his 2nd of the season) in the 8th inning and hit a single in the 9th inning. NL Post WWII threatened in the 9th but NL Pre WWII was able to put down the rally. Carl Hubbell(2-0) went 8 and 1/3 innings allowing 5 runs for the win. Hubbell got relief help from Dizzy Dean who gained credit for his 1st save. The losing pitcher was Gaylord Perry(0-1). He served up 3 gopher balls in 6 innings. 'We didn't get the key hits when we needed them' Tommy Lasorda said. 'We did what we could, we just didn't pull out the win. What can you say?' TURN OF CENTURY AT NEGRO LEAGUE II Centurions...... 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 2 8 1 Twos............ 0 0 0 5 1 3 0 0 - 9 14 0 Win:Redding(1-1) Loss:Young(1-1) Sam Bankhead had 2 base hits and 3 RBI and Cannonball Redding completed the game without help from the bullpen as the Negro League II Twos defeated the Turn of Century Centurions 9 to 2 at Shadowball Stadium. Redding(1-1) pitched well for Negro League II in their victory. He surrendered 8 hits and 3 walks in 9 innings. Negro League II banged out 14 on the afternoon. Cy Young(1-1) was the loser. He allowed Negro League II 5 runs in 3 and 1/3 innings of work. OLD TIMERS AT FOFC Ancients........ 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 1 4 1 All Stars....... 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 - 2 6 2 Win:Nielsen(1-0) Loss:Radbourn(1-1) Save:Knowles(3rd) Homeruns- G.Kelly(2nd) Rob Nielsen pitched 8 strong innings and Persimmon Pflaggstettler had 4 hits and 2 RBI at FOFC Stadium as the FOFC All Stars beat the Old Timers Ancients by the count of 2 to 1. FOFC scored the deciding run in the 8th inning. Barrett Blade slapped a base-hit. A. J. Tucker came next and he laid down a sacrifice bunt. After another out, Pflaggstettler stepped in and he lashed a single, and an error was also committed, scoring the run. Old Timers made it exciting in the 9th, but they were unable to push the needed runs across. Nielsen(1-0) allowed 1 run in 8 innings, and picked up the victory. Sammy Knowles recorded the save, his 3rd. Old Hoss Radbourn(1-1) was tagged with the loss. He gave up 6 hits and 2 walks in 8 innings. Despite losing Frank Selee was optimistic after the game. 'We'll get over this one. Sometimes the breaks fall your way, sometimes they don't. Any one of a dozen little things go different, and we come out on top.'
Old 10-24-2005, 07:58 AM   #104
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

As I drive to the ballpark early this morning, I'm thinking about the fact we are off to an amazing 6 and 1 right now. I felt like we would be able to compete, but I certainly didn't expect to start the season this well. It's been an interesting first week, we've won pitching duals and shootouts, and even in our 1 loss, we had people on base, we just didn't come up with any clutch hits.

Now, I'm not naive enough to think it's going to be this easy all season. We've been home for our first two series, when we go on the road and play in the Yellowstone size parks the Centurions, Ghosts, and Ancients play in our power will be nulified to some extent, and when we go to some of the band boxes that the power teams play in our pitching will probably struggle.

We've had quite a few players step up for us so far this season. I'd like to see a little more consistency with the bats. Blade, Tucker, Hays and Pflaggstettler are hitting well so far. Heck Persimmon has been so good I had to move him to the heart of the order, and he hasn't disappointed. Gonzalez is playing well enough right now to set up a platoon with Potpie. Bullock, who's doing fine, will still get plenty of playing time, because of the position, even if he wasn't playing well he'd still see ample playing time. Fouts started off great, but he's slipped enough for me to give Palmer some more at bats. Gunners is playing well in limited action - right now I think I'll stick with a platoon between Ton and Gunner, but I need to make a mental note to get Gazelle in a game soon. Gazelle is better against lefties, maybe I'll give him a start if we play a tough leftie soon. I'd like to work Treacy in as well, but Blade is playing too good right now to pull him from the lineup, and even when he wasn't hitting great he was still setting the table.

As for pitching, I was real disappointed in Bo's recent outing. He was horrible, and he said as much to me, appologizing and promising to do better in his next outing. I have confidence in him, I know he can get the job done, it must have been just one of those nights. After his over-reaction to his first outing, and a crushed bathroom mirro, Kronside has been great, and Sammy has pitched lights out. The starters, except for Hunter, have been great and Rodney has shows real promise as a long reliever, though I won't right him off for the rotation. I haven't pitched Williams yet, I was saving him in case I needed to use a 5th starter, but it looks like the starters are ready to roll and I won't need a 5th this time around.

As for tonight. I'm not sure what we'll be doing with the lineup, because I'm not sure who we will be facing.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #105
Johnny93g
College Starter

John Williams is willing to play any role coach thinks is best for the team, but John Williams is itching to get some game action!!!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:16 AM   #106
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
John Williams is willing to play any role coach thinks is best for the team, but John Williams is itching to get some game action!!!

Don't worry son, you'll get plenty of work. Remember the season's a marathon not a sprint (cliche #1 )
Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #107
Johnny93g
College Starter

Question, i cant remember if this was in your original info you posted, and im being lazy right now, but whats the story with injuries, length, severity?
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #108
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
Question, i cant remember if this was in your original info you posted, and im being lazy right now, but whats the story with injuries, length, severity?

Injuries will occur, they are built into each players card, the length/severity is random. Injuries can be day to day or as long as 15 games (I believe that's the max). We've had a few - "player is injured on the play - but he shakes it off and can contnue in the game" messages already. When an injury occurs I'll make sure it's discussed. I'm also trying to stay on top (at least in a limited bases to injuries on other teams).
Old 10-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #109
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Persimmon:

"Wow, first time my name's been in the paper this year..." Browsing the game capsules.. "My hitting's about where I want it to be... but I HAVE to start fielding better. The power's coming though, I'm seeing the ball real well."

"Hey Gunner, you want to hit the cage a bit... Need to work on driving the ball in the gap."
Old 10-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #110
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 7 - Monday, April 9th - Radio Broadcast

Top 1

There's a checked swing...
But Suzuki gets a piece of it anyway
It's a pop fly into right
Pflaggstettler comes in on it...
Easy out
Suzuki couldn't get his bat out of the way
One out
Due up next is Isao Harimoto

Harimoto cuts on a curve that
misses in the dirt
That ball is trapped nicely by Bullock
Harimoto was badly fooled by Mighty's
big breaking curve
STRIKE THREE!
Isao was a little overanxious
Two gone for Japanese League

Nomura fights one off his fists
It's lined weakly to the left of third
Palmer is over quickly
Easy out
That does it for Japanese League
in the top of the 1st

Bottom 1

Blade starts... but lays
off the pitch upstairs
Ball four, Bessho walks him

The runner goes
Nights loves to hit and run...
Broken bat ground ball to first
Oh trots to the bag
Score It: 3
One down for FOFC
A. J. Tucker is still in
the on-deck circle
and Persimmon Pflaggstettler is looking
for a bat in the dugout

Tucker hits a high pop into
short left field
Nagashima and Matsubara sprint
towards the outfield
Here comes Yamamoto
Matsubara puts his glove out...
Makes a lucky catch in front of Yamamoto!!
That's two away

Off speed pitch on the way...
And Pflaggstettler watches it
go by for the third strike
Takehiko Bessho holds the All Stars
scoreless in the first

Top 2

Oh swings and misses
STRIKE THREE!
Mighty strikes out Saduharu Oh
One down for Japanese League
Koji Yamamoto is in the on-deck circle
ready to make his way to the
plate for Japanese League

Curveball in the dirt
Swung on and missed...Strike three
Bullock fumbles it,
but quickly recovers to tag Yamamoto
Two down
Mighty retires the first two
Japanese League batters

It's a quail shot headed
towards the outfield
Nights takes off after it...
Leaps...
And Nagashima is OUT!
Very impressive range shown on that play!
Jeff is very fine fielder!
Mighty sets them down in order
Here in the top of the 2nd

Bottom 2

Potpie swings...
Hard groundball, left of third
It's by Nagashima and skips
out to Yamamoto
Potpie rounds first
The left fielder is after it.. cuts it off
and fires it in quickly to second
Potpie returns to first
as Koji gets a nice throw in to Kawakami

Here's the change up...
Waiting on it...
Palmer drives one over Harimoto's head...
Harimoto backing up quickly...
He's got his legs twisted...
But he rights himself in time
Harimoto recovers and makes the grab
One away
While we wait for the next batter
Let's see what's happening in other games

NL Pre WWII and AL Post WWII
have yet to score
Late 20th leads AL Pre WWII 3 to 2
Left Outs clipping Dead Ball Era 4 to 0
NL Post WWII is edging Caribbean 1 to 0
Koufax and Cuellar currently dueling
Negro League II leads Old Timers 1 to 0
Negro League I and Turn of Century
are all knotted at 1
Duffy has hit his 1st homerun
for Turn of Century
And right here in FOFC No score

Smashed to short
Matsubara comes up with it
Throws to second
He's out
Could be two . . .
Not in time!
Score It: 6-4
The runner on first, Potpie, is out
Two down
Nomura asks for a new ball
He calls time and trots out to the mound
A conference going on between
Nomura and Bessho

Stan Gunner hits a drive down the line
If it stays fair it may be gone
Koji Yamamoto is right at the foul pole
He won't get it, it's a
foul ball for Gunner
Just to the left of the pole
318 feet from home plate
. . . Gunner back in the box
And here comes the next pitch
Bounding ball to second
Taken by Kawakami
Over to first
In time!
Score It: 4-3
That's three outs, side retired

Top 3

The pitch is just inside
and Matsubara holds up
Bullock points down at the
first base umpire
He went around
That is strike three!
One up, one down for Japanese League

Swung on and hit sharply to short
Nights plays it on one hop
Over to Potpie...
Out of there!
FOFC gets the second out of the inning

High hard fastball, swung on...
It's a grounder hammered at second...
Blade is there...
IT'S INTO RIGHT!!...
It took a HIGH hop right over him!
That's a single for Bessho

Suzuki drives the ball to
right for extra bases
Bob Horner is giving the green light...
The throw is coming home...
Aggressive baserunning by
Japanese League...
Not cut-off...
Bessho scores!
Trailing runner advances.
Double for Suzuki

Harimoto pops a curveball straight up
Barrett Blade has it in his sights
Blade makes the play
That's all for Japanese League
After 2 and a half innings
in FOFC this afternoon,
Japanese League ahead 1 to 0

Bottom 3

There's a shot off the bat of Al Mighty
But it's right at Kawakami
who makes the catch of the line drive
Mighty throws his bat into
the dirt in disgust
FOFC with one away
Bessho steps off the mound as
he waits for Barrett Blade to
come to the plate

Good slider, inside part of the plate
Blade gets the bat on it...
Slams a sharp grounder to the right side
Kawakami grabs it...
Throws to first...
OUT!
Two up, two down for the All Stars

It's a routine fly into left
Yamamoto ranges over and reaches up
This should do it...
And Yamamoto grabs it for the out
1-2-3, nothing across...

Top 4

In the dirt
That's ball four
That's not the best way
to start an inning.

Oh sends a hot smash to the mound
Mighty takes it on one hop
Fires to Blade for one
Back to first for the double play!
And there's two away

Sinking fastball...
Yamamoto swings...
Raps a hard ground ball
right at Nights...
He snares it easily, throws to first...
Out by a step
That's it here in the top of the 4th
It's 1-0 in favor of
the visitors from Japanese League
We'll be back in just a moment

Bottom 4

Drilled on the ground to second
Taken by Kawakami
Over to first
In time!
So one up and one gone

Pflaggstettler hits a three hopper
towards Makato Matsubara
Matsubara scoops it and fires
it to first for the out
That's the second out of the inning

Struck him out on a fastball
Potpie goes down swinging
That's all for the All Stars
in the 4th inning
No runs, no hits and no errors...
We go to the 5th...
Japanese League ahead 1 to 0

Top 5

Nagashima rips a fastball down the line
This one may have the distance...
But will it be fair?
It is heading right at the foul pole...
It is....

A foul ball!
. . . Nagashima back in the box
Nagashima rips a whistling
liner down the line
Bingo! Palmer spears it!
A shot hit right on the screws
but right at the FOFC third baseman
One up, one down

Matsubara swings and misses
Strike three
Matsubara didn't have a good
cut at that pitch
That's two away
Nights comes over from his shortstop
position to say a few words to Mighty
Tetsuharu Kawakami will be next up...

Sinker, down at the knees...
Swung on...
Kawakami hits a Baltimore chop...
Past the infield into right for a single!
That was a difficult ball to handle

Bounding ball to the mound
Mighty grabs it
His throw to first
GOT HIM!
Score It: 1-3
That's it for Japanese League
Here at FOFC Stadium, After
4 and a half innings,
Japanese League has one run,
3 hits and no errors
While FOFC has no runs,
one hit and no errors
Japanese League has left 2 on base
FOFC has stranded 2

Bottom 5

It's a high fly into right
Suzuki ranges to his right
Reaches up, and takes it for the easy out
With one down, up next is Billy Bullock
To be followed by Stan Gunner

Taken by Kawakami
Over to Oh
Got him!
Two up, two down for FOFC

Swung on and hit sharply to second
Kawakami plays it on one bounce
Over to Oh...
Out of there!
That's all for the All Stars...
After 5 innings here at
FOFC Stadium in FOFC,
Japanese League leads 1 to 0

Top 6

Right down the middle... strike three
Suzuki must have been looking
for something else
He just froze on that pitch
One out
Due up next is Isao Harimoto

Off-speed pitch...
Harimoto swings at it...
Hits a high fly to deep center
Tucker bolting after it...
This one might carry all the way
Tucker jumps for it...
It bounds off the fence
It's a two-bagger for Isao Harimoto

Nomura swings and lifts one toward left
Gunner drifts over slowly...
He is under it now...
And makes the easy catch...
Two down in the 6th
Time for a station break
This is the Strat-O-Matic Broadcast System
your 4 Sports Network...
OK, we're back and ready to go...

Looks like Oh will be given
a free pass here
And he is... that's four wide ones
Koji Yamamoto is the batter due up next

It's a quail shot headed
towards the outfield
OHHHH, snagged by a retreating
Nights for the out
Outstanding range shown on that play!
That'll do it in the top of the 6th
No runs, one hit, no errors
and 2 men left on base
Japanese League on top 1 to 0
And now we'll pause for station
identification
This is your Strat-O-Matic
Broadcast System...

Bottom 6

Fastball, a beauty...
Steee Rike THREE!
That's one away

Changeup down low...
Blade makes contact and hits
one out to center
Isao Harimoto is drifting over...
Now he's under it...
Easy out for Bessho
Two down
Takehiko Bessho retires
the first two batters in order

Sinker, at the knees...
Swung on...
Nights hits it into the hole
on the right side
Kawakami ranging to his left...
Scoops it up...
Throws on the run...
And Nights is out by a step at first
That ends the inning
After 6 innings, Japanese
League leads by 1

Top 7

Topped in front of home
Bullock gets to it
He throws
He is SAFE!
That's an infield hit for Nagashima!

Matsubara fouls off the bunt attempt
The count goes to 1 and 2, we'll have
to see if they keep the bunt play on
Matsubara squares
Matsubara lays down a great bunt!
There is no chance to get the lead runner
Matsubara might beat it out...
Fielded by D.Palmer
the throw to first...
close play...
SAFE, Matsubara beat it out!
Nagashima takes second

Kawakami reaches out and pokes it
on the ground to right
Base hit for Kawakami
Japanese League adds to their lead
Japanese League on top 2 to 0

Bessho squares around
He bunts it . . .
Fielded by A.Mighty
the throw to first...
close play...
Out
Bessho gets the job done.
One down, two to go...
Al Mighty has to bear down now

Japanese League is trying the squeeze!
Here comes Matsubara
Suzuki bunted it to the mound
It's a good one
Mighty rights himself after the delivery
Races in
He sweeps the ball to Bullock
in one motion
OUT!
The squeeze play is unsuccessful
Time to check the scoreboard

NL Pre WWII and AL Post WWII are tied at 5
Late 20th leads AL Pre WWII 4 to 3
Maddux battling Hoyt
Left Outs is pounding Dead
Ball Era 11 to 4
Jenkins enjoying the big Left Outs lead
Caribbean is in front of
NL Post WWII 6 to 3
Linares has hit his 2nd
homerun for Caribbean
Negro League II with the lead
over Old Timers 3 to 0
Wilson has hit his 1st homerun
for Negro League II
Negro League I is in front of
Turn of Century 7 to 4
Williams comfortably ahead
for Negro League I

Suzuki takes a short lead against
the lefty Mighty
Mighty looks Suzuki back
He is unable to get his normal lead

A high fastball...
Harimoto swings late...
He hits a routine pop just left of Blade
Barrett is under it...
And takes it in for the easy out
Harimoto was looking for the breaking ball
here in the top of the 7th
They leave 2 runners stranded
Japanese League has 2 runs,
7 hits and no errors
While FOFC has no runs,
one hit and no errors

It's time for the 7th inning stretch!

Bottom 7

Bouncer in the hole
and past Saduharu Oh...
Base hit into right field!
That one had eyes on it
Good piece of hitting by Tucker

Pflaggstettler hits a deep
fly ball into the alley
Yamamoto chases it down
The ball hits the base of the wall
399 feet from home plate
Yamamoto smacks the wall and
falls to the ground
Koji is after it as Persimmon
heads for second
Pflaggstettler does not slow down...
He is digging for third...
Finally, Yamamoto has the ball...
Here's the throw...
SAFE, Pflaggstettler slides under
the tag by Matsubara
Textbook hook slide
Pflaggstettler has himself a triple
And there goes Bessho's shutout
But Japanese League still leads by 1

Potpie lines one over second for a single
He rounds the bag hard and
starts for second
Oh, look at that throw by Suzuki
Potpie scrambles back to first and holds
Through the drawn in infield!

The ball is low and outside
Did he go around?
The umpire says no
Ball four
For Palmer, that's 1 walk today

Bullock hits one off the end of his bat
It is twisting towards short
Matsubara fields it cleanly
Zips it to second
OUT!
Over to first
Double play!
Bullock needs to get the lead out
Two down

And Gunner will sit down...
strike three called
That is the third out for FOFC here
in the last of the seventh
The attendance has just been
announced at 32786

Top 8

Nomura hits a screamer at Barrett Blade
Blade takes it with the backhand...
The throw is short...
Potpie scoops it on one hop

Nomura is out!
Nice play by Potpie
Mighty retires the first batter to
face him in the top of the 8th

Fastball...
Oh jumps all over it...
It's juiced to deep left
There goes Gunner after it
Racing hard...
He dives...
And he's got it!!!
Beautiful play by Stan Gunner!
We're all tied up at 2 with
two away this inning

Comebacker, right to Mighty
Over to Potpie for the easy out
And that will do it for Japanese League

Bottom 8

Breeze brings Ton in to pinch hit for the pitcher

Ton hits a fly ball to right
Ichiro Suzuki camps under it
He's got it
One down, nobody on
Game tied

It's a high pop just behind the plate
Nomura, Oh, and Nagashima all
converge on the ball
THEY COLLIDE!!
And the ball drops untouched
No error charged
. . . Blade back in the box
Blade hits a pop into short left field
Nagashima sprints out
Yamamoto and Harimoto sprint
towards the infield
Isao Harimoto sticks his glove out and
IT POPS OUT!
The official scorer rules a single

Nights will try the hit and run!
He rips a grounder
It's into left field
Jeff Nights has a base hit
The hit and run works to perfection!
Blade takes third

Fastball... just outside
Tucker will take first on the walk
That will load 'em up for Persimmon
Pflaggstettler

Smashed to short
Matsubara comes up with it
Throws home and nails him!
On to first
He's OUT, a home to first double play
Score It: 6-2-3
And that retires the side

Top 9

Breeze brings in Kronside to pitch

Big bender, low and inside...
Swung on...
Line single to Gunner in left...
Picking it up in a hurry is Gunner...
Nagashima takes a wide turn...
But stays at first base
as the throw comes in

Nagashima takes his lead
Curveball low... Matsubara
checks his swing
There goes Nagashima on a delayed steal!
Bullock displays his strong arm...
Right on the money...
Nagashima is out by a mile

Sinking line drive
Caught by Deacon Palmer
With two gone, We're all tied up
at 2 in the top of the 9th

There's a ground ball into the hole
Palmer and Nights converge on it
It's fielded by Palmer who fires to first
SAFE is the call by the ump
Close play!!

Ground ball to the mound
Taken by Kronside
Over to first
In time!
That wraps up the inning
for Japanese League
So After 8 and a half innings
FOFC has 2 runs, 6 hits and no errors
While Japanese League has 2 runs,
9 hits and no errors
Japanese League has left 7 stranded
FOFC has failed to bring home 5

Bottom 9

Curve ball, falls off the table...
Potpie lunges for it...
Gets the bat on it...
Hits a ground ball down
the left field line
Nagashima diving to his right...
It's by him, heading into the corner
Potpie rounds first...
He will try for two
Yamamoto makes a smooth pick-up
Here's the throw...
Not in time!
Potpie has himself a double

Palmer fouls off the bunt attempt
The count goes to 1 and 2, we'll have
to see if they keep the bunt play on
Palmer squares around
He bunts the ball . . .
Fielded by K.Nomura
the throw to first...
Out
Palmer gets the job done.
With one down

Oh yells something out to Bessho
Takehiko nods his head

Lined hard to short
It's over Matsubara's head for a single!
Potpie scores from third!
FOFC wins 3 to 2
Kronside gets credit for the win
Bessho takes the loss
The hitting star for FOFC
was Jeeberoni Potpie
He was 3 for 4
And that wraps things up
So long from FOFC.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #111
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 7 - Monday, April 9th - Boxscore

Code:
HOF Players AB R H RBI AVG All Stars AB R H RBI AVG I.Suzuki RF 4 0 1 1 .147 B.Blade 2B 3 0 1 0 .360 I.Harimoto CF 4 0 1 0 .148 J.Nights SS 4 0 1 0 .188 K.Nomura C 3 0 0 0 .300 A.Tucker CF 3 1 1 0 .333 S.Oh 1B 3 0 0 0 .138 P.Pflaggstettler RF 4 1 1 1 .478 K.Yamamoto LF 4 0 0 0 .214 J.Potpie 1B 4 1 3 1 .286 S.Nagashima 3B 4 1 2 0 .242 D.Palmer 3B 2 0 0 0 .100 M.Matsubara SS 4 0 1 0 .200 B.Bullock C 4 0 1 1 .250 T.Kawakami 2B 4 0 3 1 .385 S.Gunner LF 3 0 0 0 .267 T.Bessho P 3 1 1 0 .200 A.Mighty P 2 0 0 0 .000 A-K.Ton PH 1 0 0 0 .200 J.Kronside P 0 0 0 0 ---- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- --- [1] Totals 33 2 9 2 Totals 30 3 8 3 A-Pinch Hit For Mighty In 8th Inning HOF Players..... 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 - 2 9 0 All Stars....... 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 - 3 8 0 [1]HOF Players IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA T.Bessho LOSS(0-1) 8 1/3 8 3 3 3 4 0 127 2.93 [1]Totals 8 1/3 8 3 3 3 4 0 [1]All Stars IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA A.Mighty 8 7 2 2 2 6 0 123 1.69 J.Kronside WIN(2-0) 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 12 0.00 [1]Totals 9 9 2 2 2 6 0 ATTENDANCE- 32,786 DATE- Monday, April 9th 1900 TIME- Day T- 2:13 LEFT ON BASE- HOF Players: 7 All Stars: 5 DOUBLE PLAYS- HOF Players: 2 All Stars: 1 DOUBLES- I.Suzuki(2nd), I.Harimoto(1st), J.Potpie(1st) TRIPLES- P.Pflaggstettler(2nd) CAUGHT STEALING- S.Nagashima SACRIFICE HITS- T.Bessho, D.Palmer WALKS- K.Nomura, S.Oh, B.Blade, A.Tucker, D.Palmer STRIKE OUTS- I.Suzuki, I.Harimoto, S.Oh, K.Yamamoto, M.Matsubara-2, P.Pflaggstettler, J.Potpie, S.Gunner, A.Mighty GIDP- S.Oh, P.Pflaggstettler, B.Bullock

Last edited by Breeze : 10-24-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #112
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - TEAM UPDATE

We have 2 more games against the Japanese HOFers then we get 3 against the Late 20th Century Modern Stars and 2 against the Dead Ballers before going on the road for the first time (terrible schedule creator in this game).

I'm not sure who the Japanese team will throw against us. I think Kaneda is next followed by Sugishita, but it appears Sugishita isn't getting used much. We'll have to see who they throw at us - nice work tonight guys. See you tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #113
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - LEAGUE UPDATE

After the game I go to the league website to view stats and records for other teams, I also take a moment to look at injury reports, and am surprised to not only see the numbers of injured people but who's injured. I expected the Newspaper would highlight this information better, maybe it did and I just missed it, but the list looks like this:

Whitey Ford is out for 13 more days - Tendinitis

DiMaggio is out for 13 as well - sprained ankle

Schaulk is out for 8 - bruised hand

Aaron is out for 14 - groin injury

Seaver is out for 9 - sore shoulder

Bancroft is listed as day to day (I think)

Wagner will miss 11 games - groin injury

Sugishita is out for 9 games - back spasms

Pop Lloyd will miss 12 - hamstring

Man that's some big names - thank God we've avoided the injury bug so far...where's some wood to knock on????
Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #114
Travis
Pro Rookie

Wow, Bullock, I owe you one, helluva throw to make Nagashima look foolish!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #115
JeffNights
College Prospect

What? No Web Gems out there at Shortstop?
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #116
Blade
College Prospect

Another great win all! Let's keep it going!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:06 AM   #117
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The National Herald - Tuesday, April 10th

SPORTS

Code:
NEGRO LEAGUE I AT TURN OF CENTURY Ones............ 1 0 0 0 3 2 1 0 0 - 7 10 0 Centurions...... 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 - 4 10 1 Win:Williams(2-0) Loss:Waddell(0-2) Save:Foster(2nd) Homeruns- C.Bell(1st), J.Burkett(1st), H.Duffy(1st) Center fielder Cool Papa Bell homered and scored 3 times at Yellowstone Park where the Negro League I Ones beat the Turn of Century Centurions 7 to 4. In the 6th inning Negro League I went on top for good when they scored 2 runs on 2 hits. The big moment was provided by Martin Dihigo who silenced the stadium when he doubled plating two runs. Negro League I and Turn of Century each finished the night with 10 hits. The winning pitcher was Smokey Joe Williams(2-0) who allowed 4 runs in 7 innings. Williams got help from Bill Foster who was credited with his 2nd save. Rube Waddell(0-2) was the losing pitcher. He pitched 6 innings giving up 8 hits and 2 walks. LATE 20TH AT AL PRE WWII Modern Stars.... 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 4 6 1 Pre-Americans... 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 - 5 10 2 Win:Hoyt(1-1) Loss:Maddux(1-1) Homeruns- K.Puckett(2nd), C.Gehringer(1st), B.Dickey(2nd) Waite Hoyt came through with a solid 3 innings as the AL Pre WWII team outscored the Late 20th Modern Stars 5 to 4. AL Pre WWII won the game with a rally in the bottom of the 8th inning scoring 2 runs utilizing 2 base hits. Bill Dickey opened up the scoring as he hit a bases-empty home run (his 2nd of the season). Joe Cronin came to the plate and drew a walk. Two outs later Charlie Gehringer stepped in and he stroked a single. John Smoltz then threw a pitch that the catcher muffed scoring the final run of the inning. AL Pre WWII out-hit Late 20th for the game, 10 hits to 6. The win was credited to Hoyt(1-1) who went 3 innings allowing no runs. Greg Maddux(1-1) was tagged with the loss. He got hit pretty hard, allowing 10 hits and 3 walks in 7 and 2/3 innings. CARIBBEAN AT NL POST WWII Estrellas....... 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 2 - 8 14 2 Post-Nationals.. 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 3 0 0 1 - 7 7 1 Win:Salazar(1-0) Loss:Gibson(0-1) Homeruns- P.Cepeda(2nd), O.Linares(2nd), W.Mays-2(5th) Left fielder Perucho Cepeda jacked one out of the ballyard and had 3 RBI at Big League Field where the Caribbean Estrellas beat the NL Post WWII ballclub in 11 innings by the score of 8 to 7. The game was deadlocked at 6 after nine full innings. Caribbean won it in the 11th inning. Pancho Coimbre got things going when he smacked a single. Cepeda next to the plate and he drew a walk. Omar Linares then doubled scoring a run. Miguel Gonzalez followed and he hit a sacrifice fly scoring the final run of the inning. Caribbean had 14 hits for the game and NL Post WWII had 7. Lazaro Salazar(1-0) went 2 innings allowing 1 run for the win. Bob Gibson(0-1) absorbed the loss in relief. He gave up 2 hits and 1 walk in 1 inning. NL PRE WWII AT AL POST WWII Pre-Nationals... 0 0 4 0 0 1 0 0 0 - 5 12 1 Post-Americans.. 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 0 1 - 6 13 0 Win:Palmer(2-1) Loss:Marquard(0-1) Homeruns- E.Lombardi(2nd) Robin Yount had 2 base hits at Yawnef Park as the AL Post WWII club won a thriller over the NL Pre WWII ballclub in, 6 to 5. The game was won by AL Post WWII with a run in the bottom of the 9th inning. After an out was recorded, Yount drew a walk. After another out, Mickey Mantle stepped up to the plate and he delivered a single resulting in a mighty exciting win for AL Post WWII and the 24,808 home town fans in attendance. AL Post WWII totaled 13 on the night. Jim Palmer(2-1) picked up the victory, allowing no runs in 2 innings. Rube Marquard(0-1) was the loser. He allowed a few too many baserunners giving up 13 hits and 3 walks in 8 and 2/3 innings. DEAD BALL ERA AT LEFT OUTS Ghosts.......... 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 1 1 - 6 12 1 Leftovers....... 4 0 1 0 0 3 3 0 - 11 11 1 Win:Jenkins(2-0) Loss:Chesbro(1-1) Homeruns- J.Foxx-2(5th), F.Jenkins(1st) Third baseman Jimmie Foxx smacked 2 homeruns and had 4 RBI as the Left Outs Leftovers topped the Dead Ball Era Ghosts by a score of 11 to 6 at Overshadow Pk. Foxx had a big evening at the plate. He rifled a three-run blast in the 1st inning, blasted a solo shot (his 5th of the season) in the 3rd inning and banged out a single in the 7th inning. Left Outs had 11 hits for the night. Ferguson Jenkins(2-0) got credit for the victory, pitching 8 innings and allowing 6 runs. Jack Chesbro(1-1) was given the loss. He served up 3 gopher balls in 6 and 2/3 innings. Foxx said, 'It was just all timing. I had pretty good rhythm at the plate tonight. You've got to take advantage of mistakes when you can. A couple pitches were definitely up a little bit - right in my zone.' NEGRO LEAGUE II AT OLD TIMERS Twos............ 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 - 3 7 0 Ancients........ 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 0 7 0 Win:Mathis(1-0) Loss:Keefe(0-2) Homeruns- J.Wilson(1st) Verdell Mathis pitched a complete game shutout as the Negro League II Twos defeated the Old Timers Ancients 3 to 0 at Cow Pasture Field. Mathis(1-0) was very good in the win. He allowed only 7 hits and 2 walks in 9 innings improving his ERA from 5.14 to 2.25. Both teams ended up with 7 on the night. The losing pitcher was Tim Keefe(0-2). He surrendered 7 hits and 3 walks in 9 innings. JAPANESE LEAGUE AT FOFC HOF Players..... 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 - 2 9 0 All Stars....... 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 - 3 8 0 Win:Kronside(2-0) Loss:Bessho(0-1) Jeeberoni Potpie had 3 base hits at FOFC Stadium as the Japanese League HOF Players lost a heartbreaker to FOFC All Stars by the score of 3 to 2. FOFC won the game with a run in the 9th inning. Potpie doubled. Deacon Palmer stepped into the batter's box and he laid down a sacrifice bunt. Billy Bullock then ripped a base-knock resulting in an exciting win for FOFC and a wild post-game celebration by the home town fans. FOFC rapped out 8 hits for the afternoon. Jace Kronside(2-0) went 1 inning allowing no runs for the victory. Takehiko Bessho(0-1) took the loss. He pitched 8 and 1/3 innings and surrendered 8 hits and 3 walks.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-25-2005 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #118
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

"There is a shot hit my Bullock and the winning run scores for the FOFC All Stars..."

"Still watching the highlights of the game?" Dick Howser asks as he stands in the open door to my office.

"Can't help it, I turn on the TV for background noise, and eveytime our game comes on, I have to watch it. I've been extremely impressed with our teams resourcefulness." I explain as I grab the remote and turn off the television.

"Yeah, we've been good and lucky so far."

"Agreed."

"So what are we doing tonight?" he querries.

"I'm not sure, you know who's pitching?"

"I think it's Keneda."

"Yeah, I'll have to look it over."

"Who we throwing?"

"It's Hunters turn again."

"Hope he pitches better than last time out." Howser says matter of factly.

"Me too."

"What if he doesn't?"

"You mean with regards to his spot in the rotation?"

"Yep, how long will you stick with him in the 4 spot?"

"If he pitches poorly tonight, I'll probably give him 1 more shot. I have too many other good pitchers who want to slip into the roation to not give them a try."

Howers nods in agreement. "What about tomorrow? You going to go back to Babson or will you work in a 5th starter this time?"

"I'm probably going to let Williams throw tomorrow." I answer. "That reminds me. Help me remember to tell Sal, so Williams doesn't throw to much today and he doesn't get him up for relief purposes tonight."

Howser answers, "I think I saw Sal's car when I came in. I'll go look for him."

He walks out of the office and shuts the door, while I start looking at scounting reports on Keneda, hoping I'm not wasting my time only to find out the Japanese HOFers are planning on using Starrfin or someone else. At least we won't have to face Sugishita this series...I think he's their best starter.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-25-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:06 AM   #119
JeeberD
General Manager

It's about time I started hitting the ball...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:30 AM   #120
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
It's about time I started hitting the ball...
You and me both. glad I know how to sacrifice.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #121
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Tuesday, April 10th - Radio Broadcast

Top 1

There's a high pop down
the right field line
It's going to go into foul territory
Potpie and Blade are chasing
it down the line
Potpie makes the catch
over his shoulder going away
One away in the top of the
1st for Japanese League

Breaking ball...
It darts down and out
as Wakamatsu swings way over it
He was fooled completely
Hays loses it momentarily,
but now finds the handle and tags
Tsutomu as he was heading for the dugout
Two gone for Japanese League

It's a Texas Leaguer to center
Here comes Tucker...
He is really motoring...
He reaches down...
But catches it on one hop!
Nomura is on with a bloop single to center

The Whiff!
Hunter punches Oh out!
Owen Hunter holds Japanese League
scoreless in the first inning

Bottom 1

Sinker, at the knees...
Swung on...
Blade hits it into the hole
on the right side
Kawakami ranging to his left...
Scoops it up...
Throws on the run...
And Blade is out by a step at first
So one up and one gone

Slow ground ball
Nagashima is charging it
He fires it to first
He's OUT
Two down

Long fly to center
Harimoto has a long run...
He's there and hauls it in
Tucker is retired on a fairly deep fly
1-2-3, nothing across...

Top 2

It's a high fly ball into shallow right
Pflaggstettler runs in...
He calls for it...
Blade yells "take it"
And Pflaggstettler puts it away
Nagashima is retired on
a lazy fly to right
FOFC gets the first out of the inning

Ball four is the call
Hunter can't believe the call
And barks at the home plate umpire
The ump points out at Hunter
Harimoto takes first base

Harimoto sneaks away from the base
Hunter steps off the rubber
Looks Harimoto back to the bag

Base hit to left for Kawakami
Third base coach Bob Horner is motioning
Harimoto to third...
The throw is cut off...
That holds Kawakami at first

Kawakami stretches his lead
Kawakami does not get a good lead

Matsubara laces the fastball into right...
Kawakami is running on the pitch
Kawakami makes the turn at second...
Harimoto scores easily...
Pflaggstettler uncorks a throw to third...
Too late, he is in standing

Nomo squares around
Nomo lays down a great bunt!
There is no chance to get the lead runner
Nomo might beat it out...
Fielded by O.Hunter
the throw to first...
close play...
SAFE, Nomo beat it out!
Kawakami holds at third
Matsubara takes second

STEEE... RIKE THREE!
Hunter catches him looking
Suzuki doesn't get it done
Two down
Tsutomu Wakamatsu is due up next

He misses, wide... Ball four
Hunter walks in a run!
Kawakami crosses the plate
Japanese League leads 2 to 0
And the bases remain jammed

Nomura swings and lifts one toward right
Pflaggstettler drifts over slowly...
He is under it now...
That's it here in the top of the 2nd
It's 2-0 in favor of
the visitors from Japanese League
We'll be back in just a moment

Bottom 2

Curveball in the dirt
Nomura fumbles it,
but quickly recovers to tag Pflaggstettler
One up, one down for FOFC

A sharp breaking curve...
Potpie was waiting for it
He hits it squarely... and well
Wakamatsu turns to chase it down...
This one is going, going...
GONE!
Jeeberoni Potpie can touch them all

Hays hits a fly ball to center
Isao Harimoto camps under it
He's got it
Two out, nobody on
Japanese League ahead 2 to 1

Ton really smacks this one
He was waiting on the change
It's a gapper...
But hit high...
Suzuki has a shot at it
He leaps for it at the fence...
OUT!!!

Top 3

It's a high pop-up in back of second
Blade is under it
Waiting..Waiting...
My, this one's a "major league" pop-up
Blade snags it for the out
And there's one away

Strike three called
A curve that broke over
Number 4 for Owen Hunter today
4 on the year
And there's two away

Ground ball through the middle
Blade ranges behind second
Nice pick up...
Twists and fires it
OUT!
That ends the top of the 3rd
No runs, no hits and no errors
After 2 and a half innings, Japanese
League leads by 1

Bottom 3

It's a smash over short
Matsubara leaps
Just over his outstretched glove
Palmer makes a wide turn at first
He will hold at first
The ball comes in quickly

Hunter squares to bunt
It's dribbled down the third base line
Nagashima bare hands it...
Sidearm toss to first
Just in time!
Nice play
Credit Owen Hunter with a sacrifice
One down for FOFC
Barrett Blade is in the on-deck circle
ready to make his way to
the plate for FOFC

It goes wide of the plate
Nomura can't handle it
Charge a wild pitch to Nomo

Swing and a miss, strike three!
Barrett Blade appeared to be
looking for a fastball
But Nomo fooled him with a hook
Barrett looked a little
silly on that swing

In the dirt
That's ball four

Tucker swings
There's one into the alley
That one is going to be trouble
It's by Suzuki
Tucker doesn't slow down
He heads for third base...
He'll make it easily
Triple number 2 of the year
for A. J. Tucker

Swung on and hit to shallow center
Tough chance for Harimoto
He grabs it
Nice play!
Score It: 8
That does it for FOFC here
in the bottom of the 3rd
But they pick up 2 runs
So After 3 innings, FOFC on top 3 to 2

Top 4

It's a routine fly into center
Tucker ranges over and reaches up
He grabs it for the out
That's one away

There's a fly ball to A. J. Tucker
Tucker circles under it...
He makes the play

Nomo lifts a long fly ball...
Heading into left...
Hit pretty good, carrying very well...
Ton heading back...
IT'S OUTTA HERE, A HOME RUN!

Tucker ranges over and reaches up
This should do it...
And Tucker grabs it for the out
That retires the side
The HOF Players score 1 run in the inning
After 3 and a half innings,
The score is tied at 3

Bottom 4

Potpie pops one straight up
And it will be Nagashima making the play
With one down, up next is Harry Hays
To be followed by K. A. Ton

Curve ball...
Hays swings and misses by a mile
The bottom dropped out of that one!
A wicked pitch!
One more chance for FOFC this inning

It's popped behind home plate
Nomura throws down his mask
He's running back
At the screen...
The wind blows it right into the screen
. . . Ton back in the box
Curve, at the belt...
Ton times his swing...
Hammers a long fly ball...
Tsutomu Wakamatsu retreats
toward the fence
He leaps...

It's gone, put that one on the board
A home run!!

Off-speed pitch...
Palmer swings at it...
Hits a high fly to deep center
Harimoto bolting after it...
This one might carry all the way
Harimoto jumps for it...
It bounds off the fence
It's a two-bagger for Deacon Palmer

Hunter takes the pitch...
That one is low for a ball... WAIT
The umpire says that one caught the knees
Hunter's outta there
After 4 innings
FOFC ahead 4 to 3

Top 5

Fastball... low and away, ball four
Hunter puts the tying run on base
Not a good idea

Base hit to left for Nomura
Bob Horner puts up the stop sign...
Wakamatsu will stay at second

Grounded into the hole
Tremendous diving grab by Nights!
Throw to second for one
They might turn it . . .
Double Play!
Score It: 6-4-3
That's two away

The batter checks his swing
Here's the appeal
Nagashima swung, that's strike three
Nagashima isn't happy at
all with that call
That wraps up the inning
for Japanese League
So After 4 and a half innings
FOFC has 4 runs, 5 hits and no errors
While Japanese League has 3 runs,
6 hits and no errors
Japanese League has left 5 stranded
FOFC has failed to bring home 2

Bottom 5

Letterhigh, hard slider...
Swung on...
It's a line drive belted toward Matsubara
It's by him...
Wakamatsu comes in...
Plays it off his chest
Recovers quickly, throwing into second
Good defensive recovery
Keeping Blade to a single

Blade inches slowly away from the bag
Nomo's throws over have been effective
Blade has a shorter lead now
He must be getting tired
diving back into the bag

Nights maneuvers to hit behind the runner
Grounded towards the middle
It bounces off Matsubara's chest!
No play on Nights, base hit
Nights gets an infield hit
Blade takes second

Tucker looks to lay one down
He bunts the ball . . .
A quick glance at the lead runner...
Fielded by S.Oh
the throw to first...
Out
Tucker gets the job done.
One out
The All Stars have a 1 run lead

Pflaggstettler is waiting
Persimmon need wait no more...
he's outta here
Just another victim of
Nomo's breaking ball
Two gone in the bottom of the 5th
Japanese League is still in quite a jam
Clutch situation for Jeeberoni Potpie
He'll come up against the righthanded Nomo

It's a high bouncer to second
Kawakami waits for it to come down
Snap throw to first...OUT!
Jeeberoni leaves the FOFC
faithful disappointed
That does it for FOFC in the 5th
They leave 2 on base
3 stranded so far today

Top 6

Curve, a beauty...
Strike three looking!
Hunter punches him out!

Slider, down and in...
Kawakami manages to hit a shallow fly
Pflaggstettler charging hard... dives...
Great diving catch by Pflaggstettler!
He slid several feet after
making that stab
Two down
Hays asks for a new ball
Hays and Hunter

Hard ground ball to the mound
Outstanding play by Hunter!
His throw to first
GOT HIM!
The HOF Players go down in order, 1-2-3
After 5 and a half innings,

FOFC ahead 4 to 3

Bottom 6

Hays chases the change up
Hits a slow grounder right past Nomo
Kawakami snares it behind the bag...
Plants...
Throws to first...
Beats him by a step for the out!
One down for FOFC
K. A. Ton is still in the on-deck circle
and Deacon Palmer is looking
for a bat in the dugout

There's a long drive...
Its' way back there...
Tsutomu Wakamatsu is at the wall...
He's jumping for it...
He's got it!!!
What a great play by Wakamatsu! Well he is known to have a good glove out there!

Palmer takes the pitch
STRIKE THREE, is the call
Palmer can't believe it and
says something to the ump
Chalk up a whiff for Nomo
That's the third out of the inning
Three up, three down
It's 4-3, FOFC

Top 7

Bobby Valentine will send up a
pinch hitter for Hideo Nomo
Yes, Kenichi Yazawa steps
out of the dugout
He will be up there against Hunter

Fastball over the plate
Yazawa swings and sends a shot
to deep right-center
Tucker and Pflaggstettler are
converging toward the fence
Tucker has a chance...
He goes up for it...
Man alive! He pulls it down!
Fantastic play by A. J.

Suzuki hits a deep fly ball into the alley
K. A. Ton chases it down
But the ball hits the base of the wall
Ton hits the wall and falls to the ground
Suzuki is into third with a triple
Now they check on Ton
He's okay
That ball hit right at the
base of the fence
399 feet from home plate

Swung on and missed by Wakamatsu,
he's down on strikes

Grounded towards the bag
Palmer comes up with it
Over to first
In time!
Score It: 5-3
Hunter shuts down Japanese League
here in the top of the 7th
So FOFC still with the lead
as we go to a commercial break

Bottom 7

Bobby Valentine will be bringing
in a relief pitcher
Victor Starffin has been called
from the bullpen
A few warm up tosses and
we'll be set to go

Sinker, down at the knees...
Swung on...
Treacy hits a Baltimore chop...
Past the infield into right for a single!
That was a difficult ball to handle

The runner is off with the pitch
Hit and run!
Grounded down the line
Oh trots to the bag
One out
Due up next is Jeff Nights

Groundball to short
Treacy is trying to advance
to third base...
A quick glance at the lead runner...
The play is to first...
And Nights is out

Tucker works the walk...
Passes the baton to Persimmon
Pflaggstettler
who will see if he can get
Treacy in from third

Swung on and hit to shallow left
Tough chance for Wakamatsu
HE DIVES
HE'S GOT IT!
TREMENDOUS DIVING CATCH!
Starffin owes Wakamatsu a dinner!
Score It: 7
announced at 46242

Top 8

It's popped behind home plate
Hays throws down his mask
He's running back
At the screen...
The wind blows it...
Right back to him
Saduharu Oh is out
One gone for Japanese League

Shigeo Nagashima swings
It's a line drive...
Sizzles past Nights into left...
Base hit for Nagashima...
Ton is over to cut it off...
Now he tosses it in to the infield
Nagashima is on with a sharp single

Knowles' pitch is a sinking fastball
Harimoto tries to hold up
Ball four
Hays points down to third
He did not go around

Smashed to short
Taken by Nights
Throw to second for one
On to first
Double Play!
Score It: 6-4-3
here in the top of the 8th
and one man left on base
They are running out of time

Bottom 8

Grounded towards third
Nagashima scoops it
LONG THROW...
HE'S OUT!
One up, one down

Routine grounder to third
Nagashima scoops it up
Over to first for the out
Two down
Starffin retires two in a row

Here's the appeal
Ton held up, and draws a walk
Starffin isn't happy at all with that call

Big slow curve...
And it's in there, strike three
After 8 full innings,
they lead by 1

Top 9

Curve in the dirt... and
Matsubara holds up
Looked like he went around from here
But the plate umpire says no
Hays asks the first base ump's opinion
He says Matsubara went around
Strike three, swinging
Japanese League with one away
Kronside steps off the mound as
he waits for Victor Starffin to
come to the plate

Hiromitsu Ochiai is swinging a bat
He'll come up to hit for Victor Starffin

Ground ball to the left side...
Nights scoops it up
Over to first for the putout
That's two away
position to say a few words to Kronside
Ichiro Suzuki will be next up...

Suzuki swings very late
He pops it foul
Hays gives chase
Here comes Palmer
They are both at the rail...
Hays makes the play
FOFC wins 4 to 3
Hunter gets credit for the win
Kronside notches the save
Nomo takes the loss
was A. J. Tucker
He was 1 for 2
And that wraps things up
So long from FOFC.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #122
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 8 - Tuesday, April 10th - Boxscore

Code:
HOF Players AB R H RBI AVG All Stars AB R H RBI AVG I.Suzuki RF 5 0 1 0 .154 B.Blade 2B 4 0 1 0 .345 T.Wakamatsu LF 2 0 0 1 .286 J.Nights SS 3 1 1 0 .211 K.Nomura C 4 0 2 0 .324 A.Tucker CF 2 0 1 2 .345 S.Oh 1B 4 0 0 0 .121 P.Pflaggstettler RF 4 0 0 0 .407 S.Nagashima 3B 4 0 1 0 .243 J.Potpie 1B 4 1 1 1 .278 I.Harimoto CF 2 1 0 0 .138 H.Hays C 4 0 0 0 .278 T.Kawakami 2B 4 1 1 0 .367 K.Ton LF 3 1 1 1 .231 M.Matsubara SS 4 0 1 1 .206 J.Kronside P 0 0 0 0 ---- H.Nomo P 2 1 2 1 .500 D.Palmer 3B 4 1 2 0 .214 A-K.Yazawa PH 1 0 0 0 .000 O.Hunter P 1 0 0 0 .000 V.Starffin P 0 0 0 0 .000 B-S.Treacy PH 1 0 1 0 .333 D-H.Ochiai PH 1 0 0 0 .000 B.Knowles P 0 0 0 0 ---- C-G.Gazelle LF 0 0 0 0 ---- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- --- Totals 33 3 8 3 Totals 30 4 8 4 A-Pinch Hit For Nomo In 7th Inning B-Pinch Hit For Hunter In 7th Inning C-Subbed Defensively (LF) For Knowles In 9th Inning D-Pinch Hit For Starffin In 9th Inning HOF Players..... 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 3 8 0 All Stars....... 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 - 4 8 0 HOF Players IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA H.Nomo LOSS(0-2) 6 7 4 4 1 6 2 95 8.25 V.Starffin 2 1 0 0 2 1 0 35 0.90 Totals 8 8 4 4 3 7 2 All Stars IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA O.Hunter WIN(1-1) 7 7 3 3 3 7 1 116 7.20 B.Knowles HOLD(1st) 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 21 9.00 J.Kronside SAVE(1st) 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 10 0.00 Totals 9 8 3 3 4 8 1 ATTENDANCE- 46,242 DATE- Tuesday, April 10th 1900 TIME- Night T- 1:34 LEFT ON BASE- HOF Players: 7 All Stars: 7 DOUBLE PLAYS- HOF Players: 0 All Stars: 2 DOUBLES- D.Palmer(1st) TRIPLES- I.Suzuki(2nd), A.Tucker(2nd) HOME RUNS- H.Nomo(1st), J.Potpie(1st), K.Ton(1st) SACRIFICE HITS- A.Tucker, O.Hunter WALKS- T.Wakamatsu-2, I.Harimoto-2, J.Nights, A.Tucker, K.Ton STRIKE OUTS- I.Suzuki, T.Wakamatsu-2, S.Oh, S.Nagashima-2, I.Harimoto, M.Matsubara, B.Blade, P.Pflaggstettler-2, H.Hays, D.Palmer-2, O.Hunter GIDP- S.Oh, T.Kawakami WILD PITCHES- H.Nomo WEB GEMS- Top 5th: Jeff Nights robbed Saduharu Oh of a base hit. Bot 6th: Tsutomu Wakamatsu robbed K. A. Ton of a Homerun!

Last edited by Breeze : 10-25-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:26 PM   #123
JeeberD
General Manager

I love hitting home runs...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 PM   #124
tucker342
Pro Starter

Yay! My first time as hitting star! we're on a roll right now
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #125
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

phew.....a much better outing than last time...still kind of scary though.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #126
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

I was so drained following the game last night, I left the park without showering, got home, got cleaned up, put my head down and was asleep in a matter of minutes. In fact, my wife was talking to me but I don't remember what she was saying.

When I awoke on Wednesday, I rolled out of bed, found the morning paper, fliped to the sports section and began reading the outcomes of the other games...
Old 10-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #127
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The National Herald - Wednesday, April 11th

SPORTS

Code:
NEGRO LEAGUE I AT TURN OF CENTURY Ones............ 3 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 - 8 10 0 Centurions...... 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 3 7 0 Win:Smith(1-0) Loss:Joss(0-1) Homeruns- O.Charleston-3(5th) Oscar Charleston cracked 3 homeruns and Hilton Smith allowed Dusty Baker to rest his bullpen, tossing a complete game at Yellowstone Park as the Negro League I Ones beat the Turn of Century Centurions by the count of 8 to 3. Charleston propelled Negro League I to victory. He delivered a solo blast in the 3rd inning, smashed a bases-empty 'big-fly' in the 5th inning and ripping a solo home run (his 5th of the season) in the 7th inning. Negro League I managed 10 in their victory. The victory was credited to Smith(1-0) who went the distance, allowing 3 runs. Addie Joss(0-1) was the loser. He served up 3 homeruns in his 9 innings. 'I've spent a lot of time in the cage and made some adjustments and they've paid off,' Charleston said. 'I just take the same approach up there. I don't overanalyze it. I go up there, see the ball and try to put a good swing on it.' LATE 20TH AT AL PRE WWII Modern Stars.... 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 1 - 4 6 0 Pre-Americans... 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 - 3 8 0 Win:Smoltz(2-0) Loss:Gomez(0-2) Save:Gossage(4th) Homeruns- A.Simmons(1st), B.Dickey(3rd) 33,831 fans were treated to a fine game at Glory Stadium as only one run separated the combatants at game's end. The Late 20th Modern Stars won by the slimmest of margins, 4 to 3. John Smoltz(2-0) slammed the door shut in an excellent relief performance. He did not allow a baserunner in his 1/3 of an inning. Late 20th had only 6 hits for the game. Goose Gossage was credited with his 4th save. Lefty Gomez(0-2) was hit with the loss. He pitched 9 innings allowing 6 hits and 6 walks. CARIBBEAN AT NL POST WWII Estrellas....... 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 - 4 11 0 Post-Nationals.. 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 - 3 7 0 Win:Valenzuela(1-0) Loss:Bunning(0-2) Save:Salazar(1st) Homeruns- M.Gonzalez(2nd) Catcher Miguel Gonzalez connected with a 'big fly' and had 2 RBI at Big League Field where the Caribbean Estrellas beat the NL Post WWII club 4 to 3. Caribbean erupted with the game winning runs in the top of the 8th inning scoring 2 runs utilizing 2 base hits. Antonio Pacheco opened up the inning nicely when he laced a one-base hit. Omar Linares followed, but he was set down on strikes. After another out, Gonzalez came to the plate and cleared the fences for a two-run home run (his 2nd of the season). NL Post WWII threatened in the 9th but Caribbean was able to put down the rally. The win was credited to Fernando Valenzuela(1-0) who went 2 innings allowing 1 run. Valenzuela got relief help from Lazaro Salazar who gained credit for his 1st save. Jim Bunning(0-2) was the losing pitcher in relief. He pitched 2 innings and surrendered 4 hits and no walks. NL PRE WWII AT AL POST WWII Pre-Nationals... 0 1 0 6 7 1 0 0 1 - 16 19 0 Post-Americans.. 0 0 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 - 4 11 1 Win:Rixey(2-0) Loss:Hunter(1-1) Homeruns- P.Waner(1st), R.Hornsby(2nd), J.Mize(2nd), G.Hartnett-2(3rd), P.Traynor(4th) Catcher Gabby Hartnett blasted 2 homeruns and had 3 RBI and Eppa Rixey went the distance as the NL Pre WWII ballclub ballclub embarrassed the AL Post WWII team by the count of 16 to 4. Hartnett had a big day against AL Post WWII. He doubled in the 2nd inning, smashed a two-run homer in the 5th inning and smashed a solo-shot out of the park (his 3rd of the season) in the 6th inning. NL Pre WWII bats were very productive in the 4th inning which saw them plate 6 runs on 4 hits and the 5th inning with 7 runs on 7 hits. NL Pre WWII had 19 hits for the night. Rixey(2-0) was the winner allowing 4 runs for the game. The loss was charged to Catfish Hunter(1-1). He was knocked around by NL Pre WWII, allowing 7 hits and 3 walks in 3 and 1/3 innings. DEAD BALL ERA AT LEFT OUTS Ghosts.......... 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 - 4 8 1 Leftovers....... 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 2 4 0 Win:Plank(1-1) Loss:Sutton(0-1) Homeruns- H.Heilmann(2nd) Eddie Plank delivered 9 solid innings as the Dead Ball Era Ghosts defeated the Left Outs Leftovers by a score of 4 to 2 at Overshadow Pk. Dead Ball Era went ahead for good in the 6th inning plating an isolated run on 2 hits. The Left Outs bats were silent in the bottom of the 9th. The win was credited to Plank(1-1) who went the whole way allowing 2 runs. The losing pitcher was Don Sutton(0-1). He surrendered 4 runs and 8 hits in 8 innings. 'I've been working on a few things in my delivery, and I think I'm hitting a good groove.' Plank said after the game. 'I'm ready to start another game tomorrow!' NEGRO LEAGUE II AT OLD TIMERS Twos............ 1 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 2 - 6 11 0 Ancients........ 1 6 0 2 0 9 0 0 - 18 18 1 Win:Welch(1-1) Loss:Brewer(0-2) Homeruns- E.Delahanty(1st), C.Anson(1st) Ed Delahanty cracked a homer and had 7 RBI at Cow Pasture Field as the Old Timers Ancients embarrassed the Negro League II Twos by the lopsided score of 18 to 6. Delahanty was in a groove all evening. He hit a bases-empty home run (his 1st of the season) in the 1st inning, doubled plating two runs in the 4th inning and doubled plating all three baserunners in the 6th inning. Old Timers bats were hot in the 2nd inning when they had 6 runs on 3 hits and the 6th inning with 9 runs on 10 hits. Old Timers ended up with 18 hits for the game while Negro League II had 11. Mickey Welch(1-1) went 8 and 2/3 innings allowing 6 runs for the victory. Chet Brewer(0-2) was charged with the loss. 'Actually, I didn't feel that comfortable at the plate today' Delahanty said after the game. 'Despite that, I'm happy with the results! JAPANESE LEAGUE AT FOFC HOF Players..... 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 3 8 0 All Stars....... 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 - 4 8 0 Win:Hunter(1-1) Loss:Nomo(0-2) Save:Kronside(1st) Homeruns- H.Nomo(1st), J.Potpie(1st), K.Ton(1st) One run was the difference at FOFC Stadium as the FOFC All Stars defeated the Japanese League HOF Players 4 to 3. Owen Hunter(1-1) delivered a fine performance for Hunter. He went 7 innings surrendering 7 hits and 3 walks. After the 4th inning, neither team was able to score. Jace Kronside got the save, his 1st. Hideo Nomo(0-2) absorbed the loss. He gave up 4 runs and 7 hits in 6 innings.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #128
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

"You do realize you aren't going to play .875 ball the rest of the season," my wife says as she walks in to the kitchen.

I start to respond but she's gone back into the den to get our oldest son dressed in time to catch the bus. I continue reading, until my 5 year old son, Brett, runs in to give me a kiss.

"Love you dad."

"You too son, have a good day at school."

"Mom told me you won again! Way to go...Do, do, do, do...(my son has a stuttering problem when he gets excited)..do you think you'll win again tonight?"

"I hope so."

"You, you, you ...think, you, you, you....think you can win every game?" he asks with eyes as big as saucers.

"Nope, sorry son, it's just not going to happen."

Slightly deflated he say, "I think you might, you, you, you...."

...mother interrupts, "I just saw the bus go by, it's going to turn around and be here is just a couple of minutes, you better hurry." I get another quick kiss, and a "I'll see you tomorrow."

I hear the bus pull up outside and stop, and a few minutes later I hear it rumble off. My wife returns to the kitchen, gives a peck on the cheek and says, "I'm really happy for your start, but you aren't going to play .875 ball all season."

"Brett thinks I might win the rest of my games...that would give me a win percentage of 99%." I say with a sly smirk.

She stares at me as if to say, it's too early for your stupid little jokes.

"Ok, ok....I know. If we can win 2/3rds of the games we have a shot to win the division. All this start has done is to give us a few games cushion early."

She nods, and says, "I'm going back to bed. When the twins get up give them mini-wheats for breakfast."
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #129
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - League Update

I had to sit though a Marketing meeting for some reason. I guess because they are planning on shooting some commercials and wanted to make sure I was aware that some of my players would be needed periodically for them. I honestly could care less, of course if they interfere with the teams batting or fielding practice - that will be another story.

As I head back to my office, I pass Chuck Tanner who's sitting on a computer looking at the league web site:

Dynasty Baseball League Website

"So how do things look?" I ask startling Chuck.

"We look great! 2nd best team pitching, hitting well, we look really good."

"At 7 and 1 I'd hope we look good."

"Yeah, but man do the Pre-Nationals look impressive offensively. You know their Total Percentage is almost 1000...On base is .390 and slugging is like .637 unbelieveable....and the Modern Stars - wow they have a team ERA around 3.00 and I thought we struck out a bunch of people - they have almost 20 more Ks then we do."

"And we get them next..." I add.

Sal passing by digs, "We'll their K's are going to go up against us."

Tanner hops up quickly and says, "We aren't striking out that much, come back here and take a look, we're hitting pretty well as a team. Hang on...come here - I want to talk about this..."

I laugh out loud, knowing that Sal was only kidding but Tanner in his ultimate optimizum can't let a dig go.

NOTE: Thanks again to CW for providing a server.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #130
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

As soon as I sit down in my chair after the Marketing meeting and the conversation with Tanner, Dick Howser pokes his head into my office, ""Gazelle has arrived."

I get up and look around for him, finally locating him in the training room of all places. Must be a sore buttocks (sorry coudn't resist the thought). "Gazelle, I know your probably pretty frustrated having not played. But Pflaggstettler is playing out of his mind right now, Tuckers been great all season and Gunner and Ton are preforming. I haven't given up on you, but your poor Spring sort of put you behind the 8 ball. I am planning to get you in against the next lefty we face - so keep your head up and be prepared."

"I've been going stir-crazy shagging flies and taking BP. I just hope my timing hasn't gone all to hell. Y'now that timing that produced two hits in the spring...

I'm ready whenever you put me in, Skip..." He responds with a smirk on his face.

I walk off feeling good that Gazelle has adopted a positive attitude. It would be easy for him to be disgruntled already, and in fact he's quite the opposite. He even has a since of humor about the whole thing. I return to my office and being looking for Williams to arrive.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-26-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:59 PM   #131
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

Sitting in my office, I am working on the new lineup, watching the door closely for a couple of players. When Williams walks in, I jump up so I can catch him before he gets busy in other conversations or card games.

"Hey Williams, can I speak to you for a minute? I know you've been itching to play, and I'm really sorry it's taken so long to work you in. I'm sure Sal has already told you, but it's your ball tonight. Go out and pitch like you did in early Spring."

John Williams responds "Coach, you have no idea how badly im itching to get in their....Ive had an idea this start would be mine, and im ready.......im gonna turn some heads today.....thanks for the chance!!!"

Coach Breeze smiling, "Just remember - stay within yourself - you aren't going to strike out 27 batters and you probably won't throw a no-hitter, just keep the ball down, change speeds and hit corners."

"Coach, thats what i do best"

Benton walks off knowing Williams is totally right 'that is what he does best"
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #132
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze
Coach Breeze smiling, "Just remember - stay within yourself - you aren't going to strike out 27 batters and you probably won't throw a no-hitter,

That's MY job.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #133
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 9 - Wednesday, April 11th - Radio Broadcast

Top 1

Hot shot grounded to the mound
Williams grabs it
Over to Potpie
Got him!
And there's one away

Fly ball to right
Pflaggstettler is under it
He grabs it for the out
That is the second out here
in the top of the 1st
Nights comes in to kibitz with Williams
While we have a moment,
let me set the outfield distances for you
It's 318 feet down the line in left
399 feet to left-center
408 feet to straight-away center field
Then over in right-center
it's 385 feet from home plate
and 314 feet to the right field foul pole

In the dirt
That's ball four

Drilled deep to right-center
Tucker trying to track it down
He's at the fence
IT MIGHT BE . . .
NO, IT'S CAUGHT!
Score It: 8
After one-half inning
It's Japanese League nothing,
the All Stars coming up

Bottom 1

Blade slices a grass cutter to Oh's right
He dives for it...
Can't get it...
Kawakami is over as well...
Just off his glove into right field
Blade sneaks one through
for a lead off single
Kawakami was shading Blade toward second

Drilled deep to center field
Harimoto takes off after it
He can't get to it
Nights running hard out of the box
Harimoto has the ball
Nights digging for 2nd
He's slides in, Safe!
Blade takes third

Base hit to left for Tucker
Blade scores
Dick Howser is giving the green light...
The throw is cut off...
And that allows the run to score

Apparently not afraid of Kaneda
Tucker stretches out to his lead
Curveball from Kaneda...
There he goes for second!
Nomura pegs it down
He slipped on the throw
But he got it off...
The speedy Tucker slides in safely!
3 steals in 3 attempts on the year
He is one of the best on the basepaths

Bouncer in the hole
and past Kawakami into right field
An opposite field hit!
FOFC adds to their lead
FOFC on top 3 to 0

WATCH OUT!
Kaneda has hit Potpie!

Bounced towards the hole
Smooth pickup by Matsubara
Over to second for one
Over to first
Not in time!
Score It: 6-4
Pflaggstettler takes third
The runner on first, Potpie, is out
One away for FOFC here in
the bottom of the 1st
Harry Hays will be up next...
he will be facing the lefty Kaneda...
Runners on the corners

Base hit to center for Hays
Pflaggstettler scores
Dick Howser puts up the stop sign...
Fouts will stay at second

Gazelle drives the ball to
center for extra bases
Fouts scores
Dick Howser is waving the runner home...
The throw is coming home...
Hays scores!
Trailing runner advances.
Double for Gazelle

There is going to be a change in pitchers
Masaichi Kaneda will hit the showers
Tetsuya Yoneda will be coming on in relief
We are in the bottom of the
1st here at FOFC Stadium
FOFC ahead 6 to 0

Dribbler to short
Gazelle breaks for home
Matsubara grabs it
Over to Oh
Got him!
Score It: 6-3
That's two away

Fastball...
Blade jumps all over it...
It's juiced to deep center
There goes Harimoto after it
Racing hard...
He dives...
And he's got it!!!
Beautiful play by Isao Harimoto!
That's three outs, side retired

Top 2

Slow ground ball
Nights is charging it
He fires it to first
He's OUT
That's the first out of the inning
Japanese League is in 7th
place in the standings
6.5 games out of first

Swung on and popped up
Nights is waiting...
And that's an easy out
Two down
Hays asks for a new ball
Hays and Williams

Sinking fastball...
Matsubara swings...
Raps a hard ground ball
right at Fouts...
Out by a step
That's all for the HOF Players
No runs, no hits and no errors...
We go to the bottom of the 2nd...
FOFC ahead 7 to 0

Bottom 2

It's hit to the left of third
It's a base knock!
The ball glanced off of Matsubara's glove
Matsubara retrieved it, but
not in time to get Nights
Jeff is safe on first with a single
No throw on the play

Nights takes his lead from first...
He's challenging Yoneda's pickoff move
Slow curve...
The speedy Nights heads for second
The throw from Nomura...
The slide...
Nights is called out at second base
Wasn't even close

Hard line drive to second
Kawakami makes a great catch!
Score It: 4
Two gone for FOFC

Fastball, down the middle...
Pflaggstettler swings and
skies one to left
Yamamoto is at the fence...
Looks up...
Doesn't have a prayer...
It's a homer for Pflaggstettler!
Number 2 for him this season
He also has 10 RBI's

Let up pitch grounded through
the middle...
Kawakami ranges towards
the bag at second...
Makes a smooth pick up...
Has to make the throw across his body...
Can't get enough on it to beat Potpie
SAFE!...Score it an infield single

It's a rainbow shot toward center
Harimoto reaches up
Makes the catch!
Didn't have to move an inch
The All Stars go down in
the bottom of the 2nd
After 2 innings at FOFC Stadium
here in FOFC,
FOFC on top 8 to 0

Top 3

There's a ground ball into the hole
Fouts and Nights converge on it
It's fielded by Fouts who fires to first
SAFE is the call by the ump
Close play!!
Through the drawn in infield!

Bobby Valentine will send up a pinch
hitter for Tetsuya Yoneda
Yes, Tsutomu Wakamatsu steps
out of the dugout
He will be up there against Williams

It's in on the hands
Inside... ball four
Wakamatsu trots to first as
Kawakami takes second

There's a 58 footer!
Hays can't come up with it...
It's off his chest and the runners
will advance...
Wild pitch by Williams

Here's the appeal
Suzuki swung, that's strike three
Suzuki isn't happy at all with that call
That's one away

Base hit to center for Harimoto
Kawakami scores
Bob Horner will send the runner home...
The throw is cut off...
And that allows the run to score

Nomura drives one into right
Persimmon Pflaggstettler sprints
over to make the play
Two down

Oh pulls it on the ground
It's in the hole at first...
And past Jeeberoni Potpie...
base hit into right field!
Here comes Harimoto rounding second...
Third base coach Bob Horner waves him on
Here he comes...
Safe... runners at first and third
A single for Saduharu Oh

Pounded on the ground to first
Potpie to Williams covering first
Score It: 3-1
FOFC has 8 runs, 9 hits and no errors
While Japanese League has 2 runs,
3 hits and no errors
Japanese League has now left
3 runners stranded
in a relief pitcher
Keishi Suzuki has been called
from the bullpen
A few warm up tosses and
we'll be set to go

Bottom 3

Sinking line drive
Caught by Shigeo Nagashima
One away for FOFC here in
the bottom of the 3rd

Gazelle swings and sends
a high fly to right
It is hugging the line...
Suzuki is over at the fence...
It's going to be close...
It's just foul!
Gazelle just missed on that one
. . . Gazelle back in the box
Curve, a beauty...
Strike three looking!
Suzuki punches him out!
Two away now for FOFC
They're ahead by 6 runs
FOFC has 9 hits on the evening

Williams hits a three hopper
towards Makato Matsubara
Matsubara scoops it and fires
it to first for the out
And that will do it for FOFC

Top 4

Taken by Williams
His throw to first
GOT HIM!
One up, one down

Slider, down and away...
Matsubara reaches for the pitch...
It's a grounder to the third base side...
Fouts is there
IT BOUNCES OVER HIS HEAD!...
Gazelle is hustling after it...
Matsubara with the big turn...
The throw from Gazelle goes into second
And Matsubara holds at first

There's a fly ball into
straight-away right
Pflaggstettler one hands it...
OUT!

Bobby Valentine brings on Hiromitsu
Ochiai to hit for Keishi Suzuki
Japanese League is way behind
They need baserunners...
Lots of them!

A slider by Williams
Ochiai gets good wood on it...
Gazelle back-pedals quickly...
Up with his glove...
Out!
So ends the top of the 4th
For Japanese League
and one man left on base
After 3 and a half innings,
FOFC on top 8 to 2
in a relief pitcher
Victor Starffin has been called
from the bullpen
A few warm up tosses and
we'll be set to go

Bottom 4

There's a fly ball to Ichiro Suzuki
Suzuki circles under it...
He makes the play
One down for FOFC
Jeff Nights is in the on-deck circle
ready to make his way to
the plate for FOFC

Nights hits a deep fly
Yamamoto retreats toward the fence
He leaps...
He's got it!
Here's the ump coming out
To brush the plate clean
There's two away

Dribbler in front of home
Nomura gets to it
He throws
He is SAFE!
Tucker gets an infield hit

Pflaggstettler sits on the change up
He lofts a fly ball towards Harimoto
Harimoto gliding under it...
Appears to lose sight of it
Has it again...
And makes the catch in medium center
After 4 innings in FOFC this evening,
FOFC ahead 8 to 2

Top 5

Suzuki gets the bat on it...
Blade grabs it...
Throws to first...
OUT!
That's the first out of the inning
Two more to go

It's a Texas Leaguer to right
Here comes Pflaggstettler...
He is really motoring...
He reaches down...
But catches it on one hop!
Harimoto is on with a bloop
single to right

Changeup...
Ties Nomura up in knots
An awkward swinging strike three!

Williams' pitch is a sinking fastball
Oh tries to hold up
Ball four
Hays points down to third
He did not go around

Soft liner to second
Blade leaps
He makes a great catch!
Score It: 4
in the top of the 5th
The ground crew, headed up by John Deere,
is coming out to smooth the infield dirt
The fans get a kick out of them
as they sometimes put down their rakes
and do a little "dance" to the music

Bottom 5

Grounded down the line
Nagashima comes up with it
His throw to first
GOT HIM!
One away...
Oh is coming over to the mound...
He wants to chat with the pitcher...
Here comes Nagashima also...
Now they return to their positions

He rips a grounder to second
Taken by Kawakami
Over to first
In time!
That's two up, two down

Hard ground ball to short
Matsubara grabs it
Over to Oh
Got him!
Score It: 6-3
And that will do it for FOFC

Top 6

Here's the appeal
Nagashima held up, and draws a walk
Williams isn't happy at all with that call

There's a hard grounder down at Nights
He's in front of it...
But he muffs it!
Error on Jeff Nights
as that ball just ate him up!
It crawled right up his arms
and clipped him in the chin

Kawakami rips a solid shot to right
Pflaggstettler ranges to his right...
He is juggling it!...
Finally finds the handle
Whew!
Runners can't advance
One down...
Williams has to continue to bear down

Kenichi Yazawa is swinging a bat
He'll come up to hit for Victor Starffin

Yazawa rolls one toward Barrett Blade
He scoops it and fires to first...
Close play
OUT, says the first base umpire
Kenichi Yazawa is turning red with rage
As he glares at the umpire
Better be careful

Suzuki swings and lifts one toward center
Tucker drifts over slowly...
He is under it now...
We head to the bottom of the 6th
here in FOFC...
Still 8-2, FOFC
Hideo Fujimoto will be coming on
to pitch for Japanese League
Hideo has appeared in 4 games this season
with a record of 0-2
In 7 innings, he has an 10.80 ERA
Victor Starffin has finished his work
here this evening

Bottom 6

Slider, inside...
Swung on...
Gazelle rocks this one...
He got all of it...
It's going... Going...
GONE!
Man, he really crunched it!
Fujimoto looks dejected on the mound

Swing and a miss
Struck him out
Number 5 on the season for Fujimoto
One out
Due up next is Barrett Blade

A hot shot on the ground to Kawakami
He's got it cleanly on one hop...
Over to first and Blade is out
That's two away
Matsubara comes over from his shortstop
position to say a few words to Fujimoto
Jeff Nights will be next up...

Nights rips a fastball down the line
This one may have the distance...
But will it be fair?
It is heading right at the foul pole...
It is....

A foul ball!
. . . Nights back in the box
Harimoto ranges over and reaches up
This should do it...
And Harimoto grabs it for the out
That's three outs here in
the bottom of the 6th
Now Japanese League will
try to close the gap
To at least try to make it respectable

Top 7

In the dirt
That's ball four

Swing and a miss
Strike three
Nomura goes down on strikes
And there's one away

Curveball, down in the dirt...
Good stop by Hays keeping
it in front of him
That's a walk for Oh
Benton Breeze is talking to Chuck
Tanner, the bench coach
and Sal Maglie, the pitching coach
That was a poor series of
pitches by Williams
They may be concerned he's
starting to lose it
It doesn't look like they
are too worried, however

Curve, up high...
Yamamoto rips it to center...
Williams hung that breaking ball
However, Koji got under it just a bit
Tucker started back on it
Now he's coming in...
He's under it and makes the easy catch
"Can of Corn"
That's out number two
All Stars' pitching coach, Sal Maglie,
is out to talk with Williams

Fastball jams him inside...
Nagashima turns on it...
Pulled down the line...
Gazelle gives chase...
He plays it nicely off the fence...
Nagashima is rounding second...
He'll try for three
Nagashima's slide...
In there with a triple!
Shigeo clears the bases
He now has 2 RBI's on the day

Fastball, on the hands...
Swung on and popped up
Fouts is waiting...
And that's an easy out
And that retires the side

Bottom 7

Hit right back to Fujimoto
On to first and Tucker is gone
One gone for FOFC

It's a wicked breaking ball
Out of the strike zone
Pflaggstettler checks his swing
Nomura appeals to the first base umpire
Take a seat, Persimmon
Two men gone, nobody on
FOFC leads by 5

Fastball, busted in on the hands
Potpie manages to get a piece of it
Bouncing it over the mound
Matsubara cuts it off in front of the bag
Rifles a throw to Oh...
And Potpie is called out on a close play
announced at 46873

Top 8

Rodney comes in to pitch for the FOFC All Stars

Baltimore chop
Into right for a single!

Bobby Valentine will send
up a pinch hitter
Hideji Kato steps out of the dugout!
He will be up there against Rodney

Fastball down low...
Kato swings and hits one out to center
A. J. Tucker is drifting over...
Now he's under it...
Easy out for Rodney
Kawakami trots back to first
With one down

Potpie yells something out to Rodney
James nods his head

Base hit to center for Suzuki
Third base coach Bob Horner
doesn't want to gamble
Nothing ventured, nothing gained...
Kawakami will stay at second

Taken by Blade
Throws to second
He's out
To first
Double Play!
Score It: 4-6-3
So that's it for Japanese League
They fail to score against Rodney
In the top of the 8th for Japanese League
No runs, 2 hits, no errors
and one man left on base
Hideo Nomo will be coming on to
pitch for Japanese League
Hideo has appeared in 2 games this season
with a record of 0-2
In 12 innings, he has an 8.25 ERA
Hideo Fujimoto has finished his work
here this evening
Japanese League's defensive changes are...
Kato will bat 9th and play CF

Bottom 8

Fouts hits a fly ball to center
Hideji Kato camps under it
He's got it
One down for FOFC
Harry Hays is still in the on-deck circle
and Gerald Gazelle is looking
for a bat in the dugout

Matsubara plays it on one bounce
Over to Oh...
Out of there!
Two away

Nomo misses low on that one
Gazelle draws the walk
Number 1 today by Nomo

Taking his lead is Gazelle
Nomo is paying a lot of
attention to Gazelle
They want to hold Gazelle close
He's excellent on the basepaths
Now he throws over...
It's close...
SAFE

Treacy pinch hitting for Rodney hits a routine grounder to second
Kawakami comes up with it
Over to first
In time!
That wraps up the inning for FOFC
So After 8 innings
FOFC has 9 runs, 11 hits and one error
While Japanese League has 4 runs,
8 hits and no errors
FOFC has left 3 stranded
Japanese League has failed
to bring home 10

Top 9

Fozborg pitching for the FOFC All Stars

Nomura sends a wicked smash in the hole
Fouts can't cut it off
Nights makes a great backhand stab
Leaps and fires to Potpie
Katsuya is out on a bang-bang play!
Great play by Jeff Nights!
9th for Japanese League

Oh slaps a hard grounder past second
Pflaggstettler is over to pick it up
He tosses it back to second
Oh will hold with a clean single

Dribbler to first
Potpie will take it himself
FOFC ahead 9 to 4 with
two away this inning

Big slow curve...
And it's in there, strike three
FOFC wins 9 to 4
Williams gets credit for the win
Kaneda takes the loss
was Gerald Gazelle
He was 2 for 3 with a homerun
He also knocked in 3 runs
And that wraps things up
So long from FOFC.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #134
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 9 - Wednesday, April 11th - Boxscore

Code:
HOF Players AB R H RBI AVG All Stars AB R H RBI AVG I.Suzuki RF 5 0 1 0 .159 B.Blade 2B 4 1 1 0 .333 I.Harimoto CF 4 1 2 2 .182 J.Nights SS 4 1 2 0 .261 H.Nomo P 0 0 0 0 .500 A.Tucker CF 4 1 2 2 .364 K.Nomura C 4 0 0 0 .289 P.Pflaggstettler RF 4 2 2 2 .419 S.Oh 1B 3 1 2 0 .167 J.Potpie 1B 3 0 1 0 .286 K.Yamamoto LF 5 0 0 0 .158 D.Fouts 3B 4 1 0 0 .200 S.Nagashima 3B 4 0 1 2 .244 H.Hays C 4 1 1 1 .273 M.Matsubara SS 4 0 1 0 .211 G.Gazelle LF 3 2 2 3 .667 T.Kawakami 2B 4 1 2 0 .382 J.Williams P 3 0 0 1 .000 M.Kaneda P 0 0 0 0 .000 J.Rodney P 0 0 0 0 ---- T.Yoneda P 0 0 0 0 ---- E-S.Treacy PH 1 0 0 0 .250 A-T.Wakamatsu PH 0 1 0 0 .286 S.Fozborg P 0 0 0 0 ---- K.Suzuki P 0 0 0 0 ---- B-H.Ochiai PH 1 0 0 0 .000 V.Starffin P 0 0 0 0 .000 C-K.Yazawa PH 1 0 0 0 .000 H.Fujimoto P 0 0 0 0 .000 D-H.Kato PH,CF 1 0 0 0 .500 -- -- -- --- -- -- -- --- Totals 36 4 9 4 Totals 34 9 11 9 A-Pinch Hit For Yoneda In 3rd Inning B-Pinch Hit For Suzuki In 4th Inning C-Pinch Hit For Starffin In 6th Inning D-Pinch Hit For Fujimoto In 8th Inning E-Pinch Hit For Rodney In 8th Inning HOF Players..... 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 - 4 9 0 All Stars....... 7 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 - 9 11 1 HOF Players IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA M.Kaneda LOSS(0-2) 0 1/3 6 7 7 0 0 0 35 8.79 T.Yoneda 1 2/3 3 1 1 0 0 1 34 10.12 K.Suzuki 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 10 0.00 V.Starffin 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 25 0.75 H.Fujimoto 2 1 1 1 0 2 1 26 9.35 H.Nomo 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 15 7.62 Totals 8 11 9 9 1 3 2 All Stars IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA J.Williams WIN(1-0) 7 6 4 4 6 3 0 125 5.14 J.Rodney 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 15 4.50 S.Fozborg 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 11 3.00 Totals 9 9 4 4 6 4 0 ATTENDANCE- 46,873 DATE- Wednesday, April 11th 1900 TIME- Night T- 2:20 LEFT ON BASE- HOF Players:11 All Stars: 3 DOUBLE PLAYS- HOF Players: 0 All Stars: 1 ERRORS- J.Nights DOUBLES- J.Nights(1st), G.Gazelle(1st) TRIPLES- S.Nagashima(1st) HOME RUNS- P.Pflaggstettler(2nd), G.Gazelle(1st) STOLEN BASES- A.Tucker(3rd) CAUGHT STEALING- J.Nights WALKS- I.Harimoto, K.Nomura, S.Oh-2, S.Nagashima, T.Wakamatsu, G.Gazelle HIT BY PITCH- J.Potpie STRIKE OUTS- I.Suzuki, K.Nomura-2, S.Nagashima, P.Pflaggstettler, G.Gazelle, J.Williams GIDP- I.Harimoto WILD PITCHES- J.Williams
Old 10-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #135
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

You have got to love it when your 5th starter gets spotted an early lead, and Williams with an early lead can be tough, because he typically has pretty good control. I know he walked 6, which is way to many, but I think he felt giving into the strike zone in those instances were unnecessary, and he had kept them off the board pretty good until the last inning. I probably should have pulled him an inning earlier, but I felt he was going good enough to get 1 more inning, and he hadn't played all year, so I threw him a bone.

I slept in this morning, only getting up in time to kiss my oldest before he got on the bus. I arrive at work, and since I didn't hang around to watch Sportscenter with the guys and I didn't really watch the out of town scoreboard in the outfield, I pick up the paper to see what happened around the league last night...

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #136
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The National Herald - Thursday, April 12th

Code:
[1]NEGRO LEAGUE I AT TURN OF CENTURY Ones............ 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 - 2 5 2 Centurions...... 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 3 - 7 8 1 Win:Mathewson(1-1) Loss:Day(1-1) Homeruns- O.Charleston(6th) Christy Mathewson pitched 9 strong innings and Joe Kelley had 2 base hits and 3 RBI as the Turn of Century Centurions defeated the Negro League I Ones 7 to 2 at Yellowstone Park. Mathewson(1-1) was very good in the win. He allowed just 5 hits and 1 walk in 9 innings lowering his ERA from 4.50 to 3.13. Turn of Century rapped out 8 hits for the afternoon. Leon Day(1-1) was given the loss. 'He had his 'A' game today,' Connie Mack said of Mathewson. 'Very impressive performance.' [1]LATE 20TH AT AL PRE WWII Modern Stars.... 0 0 0 0 2 1 1 0 0 - 4 8 0 Pre-Americans... 4 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 - 7 12 0 Win:Lyons(2-0) Loss:Sutter(0-1) Homeruns- E.Murray(4th), C.Gehringer(2nd), B.Ruth(4th) Ted Lyons went the distance at Glory Stadium as the AL Pre WWII club beat the Late 20th Modern Stars 7 to 4. AL Pre WWII took the lead for keeps in the 7th inning when they scored 3 runs on 4 hits. The key offensive moment was provided by Rick Ferrell who came through for the home fans when he stroked a base-hit scoring two baserunners. AL Pre WWII banged out 12 on the afternoon. The win went to Lyons(2-0) who allowed 4 runs in the game. Bruce Sutter(0-1) took the loss in relief. He was hit hard and gave up 5 hits and 2 walks in 2 innings. [1]CARIBBEAN AT NL POST WWII Estrellas....... 3 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 - 6 8 0 Post-Nationals.. 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 3 1 - 7 11 0 Win:Marichal(3-0) Loss:Garcia(1-1) Homeruns- P.Cepeda(3rd), O.Linares(3rd), J.Morgan(2nd), S.Musial(2nd), E.Mathews(1st), B.Gibson(1st) Third baseman Eddie Mathews hit a homerun and had 3 RBI as the NL Post WWII ballclub won a dandy at Big League Field over the Caribbean Estrellas, 7 to 6. NL Post WWII won the game with a run in the bottom of the 9th inning. After an out was recorded, Pete Rose doubled. After another out, Roberto Clemente stepped in and he smacked a single resulting in a mighty exciting win for NL Post WWII and the 34,802 home town fans in attendance. NL Post WWII had 11 hits for the night while Caribbean had 8. Juan Marichal(3-0) got credit for the victory, pitching 1/3 of an inning and allowing no runs. The losing pitcher was Mike Garcia(1-1) in relief. [1]NL PRE WWII AT AL POST WWII Pre-Nationals... 1 0 2 0 0 0 5 0 1 - 9 13 0 Post-Americans.. 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 - 6 8 2 Win:Grimes(2-0) Loss:Feller(0-3) Save:Vance(1st) Homeruns- T.Williams(3rd), R.Jackson(1st), R.Yount(1st) Burleigh Grimes had 3 base hits and 2 RBI as the NL Pre WWII team outscored the AL Post WWII team 9 to 6. Grimes(2-0) pitched well enough to earn the win. He surrendered 7 hits and 7 walks in 8 and 2/3 innings and surrendered 3 'round-trippers'. Due to a poorly pitched ballgame, scoring in 5 different innings was still not enough for AL Post WWII to come away with the victory. Grimes was helped out by Dazzy Vance who recorded his 1st save. Bob Feller(0-3) was the loser. He was touched for 11 hits and 3 walks in 6 and 2/3 innings. DEAD BALL ERA AT LEFT OUTS Ghosts.......... 1 1 2 2 3 1 0 0 0 - 10 17 0 Leftovers....... 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 - 5 10 2 Win:Johnson(2-1) Loss:Roberts(0-1) Homeruns- E.Collins-2(4th), M.Cochrane(1st), D.Snider(2nd), J.Foxx-2(7th) Eddie Collins smashed 2 homeruns and had 3 RBI and Walter Johnson tossed a complete game as the Dead Ball Era Ghosts topped the Left Outs Leftovers by a score of 10 to 5 at Overshadow Pk. Collins had a big day against Left Outs. He cracked a solo homerun in the 1st inning and popped a two-run clout over the fence (his 4th of the season) in the 4th inning. Dead Ball Era simply wore out the Left Outs pitching staff, scoring in 6 different innings. Johnson(2-1) picked up the complete game victory, allowing 5 runs. Robin Roberts(0-1) absorbed the loss. He was unable to control the Dead Ball Era offense and allowed 12 hits and 2 walks in 4 and 1/3 innings. [1]NEGRO LEAGUE II AT OLD TIMERS Twos............ 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 - 2 11 0 Ancients........ 1 1 1 1 5 0 0 0 - 9 12 1 Win:Clarkson(1-2) Loss:Wickware(1-2) Homeruns- W.Brown(1st), G.Kelly(3rd) John Clarkson was able to finish what he started and was credited with a complete game as the Old Timers Ancients beat the Negro League II Twos by a score of 9 to 2. Old Timers jumped out to the early lead in the first inning scoring a single run using 3 hits. Old Timers totaled 12 on the afternoon. The winning pitcher was Clarkson(1-2) who allowed 2 runs for the game. Frank Wickware(1-2) suffered the loss. He struggled with his control issuing 7 walks in 4 and 1/3 innings. [1]JAPANESE LEAGUE AT FOFC HOF Players..... 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 - 4 9 0 All Stars....... 7 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 - 9 11 1 Win:Williams(1-0) Loss:Kaneda(0-2) Homeruns- P.Pflaggstettler(2nd), G.Gazelle(1st) Gerald Gazelle hit one over the fence and had 3 RBI as the FOFC All Stars defeated the Japanese League HOF Players by a score of 9 to 4 at FOFC Stadium. John Williams(1-0) contributed a pedestrian performance to earn the win. He went 7 innings allowing 6 hits and 6 walks. FOFC managed 11 in their victory. Masaichi Kaneda(0-2) was hit with the loss. He gave up 7 runs and 6 hits in 1/3 of an inning.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:09 AM   #137
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

After reading the paper, I check the league website so see if it's updated

Dynasty League Baseball

And I'm pleased to see the information includes last nights games.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #138
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Any way to get player stats on the website?

-Chas

Last edited by Chas in Cinti : 10-27-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #139
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti

-Chas

They are there...just click on the team name...

Old 10-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #140
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti

-Chas

Hey Chas,

Sure - the infos there. Each team name is a link to player stats, then every player name is a link to more specific information including lefty/righty breakdowns, obp, slugging %, and more.

I believe the links at the top for league leaders will also create lists of names that are clickable and the team stats should be clickable to the same player stats page you can access from league records page.

EDIT - looks like Blade beat me to it and boy was he more consise

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 AM   #141
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Team Update

"Well things continue to roll right now, " Howser says.

"Yeap, the big lead early sure was helpful." I reply

"Gazelle played a hell of game."

"I know, I'm going to keep playing him against lefties for now. I need to find him and tell him. I also need to track down some players and talk with them as well. I know we are 8 and 1, and I know that everyone should be happy with that, but these guys are all great players and I'm sure none of them want to be sitting on the bench - so I'm going to reassure them that they'll be getting their shots and not so worry about it."

"Who you going to talk to?" Howser asks, "Treacy, I'm sure."

"Yeah, Treacy. Probably need to catch up with Terp, that ones playing time has really dropped. If we weren't facing a lefty last night Terp probably would have started. Who else?" I pause as I think, "Ton can't be too happy, especially seeing Gazelle have a good night. With Tucker and Pflaggstettler killing the ball, Gazelle playing well against the lefty and Gunner hitting well enough to justify playing against RH pitchers, he's got to feel he's slipped down the depth chart."

"Probably right," Howser chimes in.

"You suggest anyone else?" I ask.

"I think everyone else is rotating in enough for now."
Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #142
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

I left notes in the lockers of the players I wanted to speak too, and Treacy is the first to walk into my office. I'm studying the scouting reports - well actually I'm eating more than studying...

"Treacy, I wanted to appologize for not getting you more playing time. It's just real hard to pull Blade out of games right now, the guy has over a .400 OBP and SLG percentage. He's scoring runs, stealing bases and I'm not telling you anything you don't already know - he's better defensively that you. I am going to get you some playing time soon though. I actually have a thought on how I can work you into some games."

He responds, "You don't need to explain yourself to me. I'm here for the team ... whatever I can do to help. If you want me to pick up sunflower seed shells in the bullpen, I'm your man. Just know that I will be ready to play whenever you ask!"

"I appreciate that attitude, and that attitude has a lot to do with why we've been successful to far. Thanks Treacy, and by the way. Field some balls at 3b today. Fouts and Palmer are struggling so I might give you a few at bats at the hot corner."

He turns and walks out.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #143
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

Gazelle after seeing my note walks in. He has a huge on his face and seems to me moving a little quicker - I guess a 2 for 3 night with a homerun in your first action of the season will do that for you...

"Great game son. I'm really proud of you, your attitude, patience and performance. Apparently the time off didn't affect your timing too badly. You played so well for the time being I'm going to let you start against all left handers."

He answers, "Well, Skip, I wasn't mad at you for sittin'-- particularly the way I stank up the joint in spring. But I was determined to put a hurtin' on whichever pitcher I faced first.

"I've never played angry before. Everything's always been so easy. But I think it helped me focus. I'm looking forward to getting back in there."

I smile turn and walk off, without turning around I yell back, "I'm going to have to come up with a way to keep you pissed off...I can probably do that."

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #144
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

I'm sitting at my desk studying scounting reports trying to determine the best way to attack the Late 20th Century's sluggers when Terp walks in.

"Terp, I wanted to talk to you. I want to make sure you realize that you'll be getting plenty of playing time through the year, and not to be too concerned about your lack of play recently."

"Hey coach! Im ok with it. I've been kinda in a funk lately, not sure why I haven't been able to swing the bat as well. Maybe it had something to do with that collision a couple games back."

"Hopefully one of these days I'll get back out there and prove that my slump is just temporary...until then, no worries. "

I nod, and say encouragingly, "Don't worry, you'll get back in again, and soon."
Old 10-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #145
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

I leave my office, looking for Ton, I got tired of waiting around for him to show. I find him in the underground batting cages, smashing balls into the back net.

"Ton, can you turn off the pitching machine for a second?"

He complies.

"Ton, I know you want to have a lot more than 13 at bats, but I really have a hard time right now working you in. Pflaggstettler is playing out of his mind, and I need to ride him while he's hot. Tucker is getting on base regularly and is a great table setter with speed. That leaves 1 spot for Gunner, Gazelle, and you. I'm sure before the season is over you'll be playing regularly, just be patient."[/quote]

Ton shrugs. "I can't very well complain about your lineup selections when the team's winning all its games. I'll wait."

I nod and give him a few words of encouragement before I leave. As I'm heading back to my office I think to myself 'boy do we have a great group of guys'.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #146
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 10 - Thursday, April 12th - Radio Broadcast

Top 1

Biggio swings and misses
STRIKE THREE!
Babson strikes out Craig Biggio
1st for Late 20th

STRIKE THREE, CALLED!
That's two away

Murray starts... but lays
off the pitch upstairs
Ball four, Babson walks him

Babson grabs it
Over to first
In time!
After one-half inning
It's Late 20th nothing, the
All Stars coming up

Bottom 1

Sinking fastball...
Blade swings...
Raps a hard ground ball
right at Boggs...
Out by a step
So one up and one gone

Sharp breaking curveball...
Nights reaches for it...
Hits a two bouncer right to Ripken...
Grabs it easily...
Fires a bullet to Murray at first!
Nights is out easily
Here's the ump coming out
To brush the plate clean
There's two away

High heater from Johnson...
Tucker cuts at it...
Hits a bouncer right side...
It goes by the diving Biggio and Murray
It's into right for a single
Tucker takes his turn and holds at first

Tucker is taking his lead from first
Tucker has to hold tight to the bag

The pitch gets away from Johnson
Piazza can't handle it
Charge a wild pitch to Johnson

Change up, on the inside corner...
Pflaggstettler was looking for it...
He hammers the pitch...
It's a deep fly to left-center
It's into the alley...
That will score a run
Pflaggstettler is in at second
standing with a double
All Rice could do was keep him
from getting a triple

There's a routine pop by Potpie
Ripken moves under it and
makes the routine catch
At the end of one inning,...
FOFC ahead 1 to 0

Top 2

Sinking line drive
Caught by Jeff Nights
One gone for Late 20th

Grounded down the line
Potpie flips to Babson covering
That's two away
position to say a few words to Babson
Gary Carter will be next up...

Hard ground ball to first
Potpie to Babson covering first
Babson shuts down Late 20th here
in the top of the 2nd
So FOFC still with the lead
as we go to a commercial break

Bottom 2

Excellent sinker pitch, outside...
Bullock gets good wood on it anyway
There's no doubt, that one is outta here!!
Bullock circles the bases
As Johnson asks for a new
ball from the umpire
Now FOFC ahead 2 to 0

Here's the appeal
Palmer held up, and draws a walk
Johnson isn't happy at all with that call

Swing and a miss
Strike three
Gazelle goes down on strikes
One down for FOFC
Brian Babson is in the on-deck circle
ready to make his way to
the plate for FOFC

Swung on and missed...
Babson is down on strikes
Time to check the scoreboard

NL Pre WWII and Japanese League
are deadlocked at 1
AL Pre WWII and Caribbean
are all knotted at 1
NL Post WWII is edging Negro
League II 1 to 0
Turn of Century is edging
Dead Ball Era 2 to 1
Negro League I leads Left Outs 1 to 0

Palmer watches Johnson move...
He's moving away from the bag
Curve, inside corner...
Palmer's on his way to second!
He couldn't resist
after getting a very nice lead
The throw by Piazza...
Hook slide...
Out!
Nice throw

Top 3

Winfield gets the bat on it...
Blade grabs it...
Throws to first...
OUT!
And there's one away

Johnson swings and misses
STRIKE THREE!
Babson strikes out Randy Johnson
With two gone, FOFC ahead 2 to
0 in the top of the 3rd

Fastball, STRIKE THREE!
Biggio was frozen on that
fastball by Babson
High and on the outside corner
He was looking for an off-speed pitch
That's all she wrote
A three up, three down inning
So After 2 and a half innings
FOFC on top, 2-0

Bottom 3

Blade hits a screamer at Craig Biggio
Biggio picks it up and fires to first
The throw pulls Murray off the bag
Murray swipes with the glove

Blade is out!
Nice play by Murray
FOFC with one away
Johnson steps off the mound as
he waits for Jeff Nights to
come to the plate

Sinker, at the knees...
Swung on...
Nights hits it into the hole
on the right side
Biggio ranging to his left...
Scoops it up...
Throws on the run...
And Nights is out by a step at first
One more chance for FOFC this inning

Tucker hits a deep fly ball into the alley
Dave Winfield chases it down
But the ball hits the base of the wall
Winfield hits the wall and
falls to the ground
Tucker is into third with a triple
Now they check on Winfield
He's okay
That ball hit right at the
base of the fence
399 feet from home plate

Lunging after the change-up
Pflaggstettler hits a grounder
through to right...
Scoring from third is Tucker
Credit Pflaggstettler with
a single and an RBI

Pflaggstettler takes his lead
Fastball at the knees...
The runner breaks for second!
Piazza pumps...
but no throw, he holds onto the ball
He is SAFE!

Johnson jams him with a fastball
Swung on and topped out toward short
Ripken is up with it...
Over to Murray at first
And Potpie beats it out!
Pflaggstettler advances on the play

Bullock hits a sharp grounder
to Randy Johnson
It rolls up his arm
Johnson can't find the handle
Bullock is safe on the error by Johnson

Palmer swings...
He hits it to deep left...
Rice is at the fence...
This one is going... going.....

CAUGHT!!!
Jim Rice makes a great catch
at the fence!

Unbelievable!!!
The crowd is giving him
quite the applause
That retires the side...
2 runs cross the plate for FOFC
After 3 innings, FOFC leads 4 to 0

Top 4

There's a towering fly ball hit by Boggs
Pflaggstettler sprints over,
and makes the catch
One down for Late 20th
Eddie Murray is still in
the on-deck circle
and Mike Piazza is looking
for a bat in the dugout

There's a liner over short...
Solidly stroked by Murray
No chance for either Nights or Gazelle
That one had base hit written all over it

It's a scorching liner to the short stop
OUT!
Nights didn't have to move!
Murray stays put
Two gone for Late 20th

Bouncer up the middle and
past Barrett Blade...
Base hit into center field!
Third base coach Jimmy Williams
holds the runner, Murray

Hot line drive to first
It's into the outfield for a base hit!
Murray scores from second!
Rice takes third

Carter swings awkwardly... strike three
Babson took something off
of that breaking ball
He had Carter way out in front
That's all for the Modern
Stars in the 4th inning
They get 1 run across
Midway through the 4th inning,
the All Stars still lead, 4-1

Bottom 4

Curve in the dirt... and Gazelle holds up
Looked like he went around from here
But the plate umpire says no
Piazza asks the first base ump's opinion
He says Gazelle went around
Strike three, swinging
One up, one down for FOFC

Grounded towards the sack
Taken by Boggs
His throw to first
GOT HIM!
Two down
Johnson retires two in a row

Blade tries to hold up
Piazza points down at the
first base umpire
The ump says he went around
STRIKE THREE!
That'll do it in the bottom of the 4th
No runs, no hits and no errors
FOFC ahead 4 to 1
And now we'll pause for station
identification
This is your Strat-O-Matic
Broadcast System...

Top 5

Curveball in the dirt
Bullock fumbles it,
but quickly recovers to tag Winfield
One out
Due up next is Randy Johnson

It's a duck snort headed
towards the outfield
Nights is after it...
Running hard...
He snares it for the out
Excellent range shown on that play!
Two up, two down for Late 20th

Swung on and hit sharply to second
Blade plays it on one hop
Over to Potpie...
Out of there!
1-2-3, nothing across...

Bottom 5

Struck him out on a fastball
Nights goes down swinging
That's one away

Tucker cuts on a curve that
misses in the dirt
That ball is trapped nicely by Piazza
Tucker was badly fooled by Johnson's
big breaking curve
STRIKE THREE!
A. J. was a little overanxious
Two down

Breaking ball...
It darts down and out
as Pflaggstettler swings way over it
He was fooled completely
Piazza loses it momentarily,
but now finds the handle and tags
Persimmon as he was heading for the dugout
So it is nothing across for the All
Stars in the bottom of the 5th
After 5 innings
FOFC has 4 runs, 6 hits and no errors
While Late 20th has one run,
3 hits and one error

Top 6

Changeup down low...
Boggs makes contact and
hits one out to left
Gerald Gazelle is drifting over...
Now he's under it...
Easy out for Babson
One up, one down

Bouncer in the hole
and past Palmer into left field
Base hit to the opposite field!
That one had eyes on it
Eddie Murray can handle a bat
Hence his .343 average

Swung on and missed
Strike Three!
Piazza couldn't lay off the high fast ball
Number 7 on the day for Babson
FOFC leads 4 to 1 with
two away this inning

Soft liner to short
Nights makes a nice play on it
Score It: 6
We head to the bottom of the 6th
here in FOFC...
Still 4-1, FOFC

Bottom 6

Potpie takes the pitch
STRIKE THREE, is the call
Potpie can't believe it and
says something to the ump
Chalk up a whiff for Johnson
One away
While we wait for the next batter
Let's see what's happening in other games

NL Pre WWII is on top of
Japanese League 3 to 1
AL Pre WWII is on top of Caribbean 3 to 1
NL Post WWII leads Negro League II 1 to 0
Turn of Century is comfortably ahead
of Dead Ball Era 11 to 5
Negro League I is in front
of Left Outs 3 to 0

Topped in front of home
Piazza grabs it
Over to Murray
Got him!
Score It: 2-3
And there's two away

Palmer hits one toward third
Boggs fronts it...
Oops, he bobbles it...
Now he has the handle...
Long throw to first
Got Palmer by three steps!
Man, that is one slow truck horse
on the base paths!
That ends the bottom of the 6th
After 6 innings, the All Stars lead by 3

Top 7

Nights plays it on one bounce
Over to Potpie...
Out of there!

Carter rips one to right
He hit it right on the nose...
Pflaggstettler is off to the races...
He is coming fast...
He dives...

OUT!
Nice play by Persimmon Pflaggstettler

Winfield pulls one into left field
Hooking away from Gazelle
Gerald is there
This one would end the inning...
He's got it for the out
And that will do it for Late 20th

Bottom 7

Change up...
Gazelle hits a fly ball to right
Carter is under it...
He's got it
Late 20th gets the first out of the inning

Fastball, swung on and missed
Take a seat Mr. Babson!
Late 20th gets the second
out of the inning

Blade pounds a grounder
toward Boggs at third
Wade moves in front of it...
Whoops... a bad bounce
But Boggs stayed with it
Over to first and Blade is retired
Nice play by the Late 20th third baseman
Three away here in the bottom of the 7th
After 7 innings FOFC ahead 4 to 1
The official attendance has
just been announced
48982 fans here at FOFC
Stadium this evening

Top 8

Bobby Cox will send up a pinch
hitter for Randy Johnson
Yes, Rickey Henderson steps
out of the dugout
He will be up there against Babson

Henderson hits a fly ball to left
Gerald Gazelle camps under it
He's got it
FOFC gets the first out
here late in this contest

Grounded back to the mound
Babson comes up with it
Tosses it to first and gets him

There's a fly ball to A. J. Tucker
Tucker circles under it...
This one would end the inning...
He makes the play
That's all for Late 20th
After 7 and a half innings
in FOFC this evening,
FOFC ahead 4 to 1
Bobby Cox will be bringing
in a relief pitcher
John Franco has been called
from the bullpen
A few warm up tosses and
we'll be set to go

Bottom 8

There's a cue shot off the
end of the bat by Nights
Murray makes the routine catch
of the soft liner
So one up and one gone

Curveball, breaking in on him
DOWN HE GOES!...
It missed him for ball four
Tucker's slow getting up...
Here comes Tay Pemup the trainer...
He looks OK, just shaken up a bit...
Tucker heads down to first

Tucker sneaks away from the base
Franco tosses another quick
one to first...
Even the speedy Tucker looks
a bit tentative now...
He doesn't seem to be getting a great lead

Swung on and chopped to the left of third
Boggs comes up with it
Sidearms it to Murray
And Persimmon beats the throw!
It must be the shoes!

Flyball to center
it's caught
Tucker has a chance to move up...
Tucker is trying to advance
to third base...
Here's the play...
He's SAFE!

Pflaggstettler watches Franco carefully
As he stretches out his lead
Franco holds the runner

Bullock swings and lifts one toward right
Carter drifts over slowly...
He is under it now...
The All Stars fail to capitalize
So for FOFC in the bottom of the 8th, No
runs, one hit, no errors and 2 men left on base
nd 2 men left on base

Top 9

There's a ground ball
between first and second
OH, Potpie snags it in short right field
He throws it to the pitcher
covering the bag
OUT is the call
What a play by Potpie
While we wait for Mike Piazza
to get a new bat
Let's check the scoreboard
These scores are final...
NL Pre WWII nipped Japanese League 4 to 3
AL Pre WWII gets an easy win
over Caribbean 7 to 1
NL Post WWII downed Negro League II 2 to 0
Redding takes the loss, his
record drops to 1-2
Bunning the winner, he's now 1-2
Turn of Century ripped Dead
Ball Era 12 to 6
Negro League I toppled Left Outs 7 to 3
Stearnes has hit his 2nd homerun
for Negro League I
And in our contest FOFC ahead 4 to 1
OK, let's see if Late 20th can
get back in this ballgame
Currently down by 3

It's a smash over third
Palmer leaps
Just over his outstretched glove
Piazza makes a wide turn at first
He will hold at first
The ball comes in quickly

Rice raps a hard grass cutter toward short
Nights takes two steps to his left
Scoops it up
Over to second for one
Back to first for the deuce!
And that will do it for Late 20th
FOFC wins 4 to 1
Babson gets credit for the win
Johnson takes the loss
was Persimmon Pflaggstettler
He was 3 for 4
And that wraps things up
So long from FOFC.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #147
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GAME 10 - Thursday, April 12th - Boxscore

Code:
Modern Stars AB R H RBI AVG All Stars AB R H RBI AVG C.Biggio 2B 4 0 0 0 .000 B.Blade 2B 4 0 0 0 .297 W.Boggs 3B 4 0 0 0 .349 J.Nights SS 4 0 0 0 .222 E.Murray 1B 3 1 2 0 .333 A.Tucker CF 3 2 2 0 .389 M.Piazza C 4 0 1 0 .400 P.Pflaggstettler RF 4 1 3 2 .457 J.Rice LF 4 0 1 0 .300 J.Potpie 1B 4 0 1 0 .280 C.Ripken SS 3 0 1 1 .378 B.Bullock C 4 1 1 1 .250 G.Carter RF 3 0 0 0 .212 D.Palmer 3B 2 0 0 0 .188 D.Winfield CF 3 0 0 0 .083 G.Gazelle LF 3 0 0 0 .333 R.Johnson P 2 0 0 0 .143 B.Babson P 3 0 0 0 .167 A-R.Henderson PH 1 0 0 0 .214 J.Franco P 0 0 0 0 ---- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- --- Totals 31 1 5 1 Totals 31 4 7 3 A-Pinch Hit For Johnson In 8th Inning Modern Stars.... 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 - 1 5 1 All Stars....... 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 - 4 7 0 Modern Stars IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA R.Johnson LOSS(2-1) 7 6 4 3 1 9 1 99 3.00 J.Franco 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 15 6.00 Totals 8 7 4 3 2 9 1 All Stars IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA B.Babson WIN(2-0) 9 5 1 1 1 7 0 120 2.25 Totals 9 5 1 1 1 7 0 ATTENDANCE- 48,982 DATE- Thursday, April 12th 1900 TIME- Night T- 1:31 LEFT ON BASE- Modern Stars: 4 All Stars: 5 DOUBLE PLAYS- Modern Stars: 0 All Stars: 1 ERRORS- R.Johnson DOUBLES- P.Pflaggstettler(2nd) TRIPLES- A.Tucker(3rd) HOME RUNS- B.Bullock(1st) STOLEN BASES- P.Pflaggstettler(1st) CAUGHT STEALING- D.Palmer WALKS- E.Murray, A.Tucker, D.Palmer STRIKE OUTS- C.Biggio-2, W.Boggs, M.Piazza, G.Carter, D.Winfield, R.Johnson, B.Blade, J.Nights, A.Tucker, P.Pflaggstettler, J.Potpie, G.Gazelle-2, B.Babson-2 GIDP- J.Rice WILD PITCHES- R.Johnson

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:17 PM   #148
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Pitchers are a scary lot. Especially middle relievers. When things are going bad, they're out there 3-4 times a week, in situations that no one cares about. But when things are going GOOD.. they have nothing to do. The team's going great, everyone's happy.. but bored pitchers are dangerous pitchers. Especially in the bullpen.

Prior to the next FOFC game, the bullpen pitchers (The All-Pines as they're called) grab the skipper's hat and cover the brim with a copious amount of Tiger Balm.. used to relax tight arm muscles, but can feel it's heat.

When the Skipper puts on his hat next, he's in for a rude surprise...

(Keep Up the Good Work )
Old 10-27-2005, 09:17 PM   #149
Blade
College Prospect

Doh...Blade is going downhill!

Good win, though!

Old 10-28-2005, 05:45 AM   #150
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

I wake up completely groggy. I stumble around, get a cup of coffee and start searching for the paper, there is something I really want to find out this morning, only I can't put my finger on what it is. I search for quite a while as I sip my coffee, then it dawns on me that the paper is still at the road. I literally smack myself on the side of the head and head outside. I get about 4 steps out the front door and realize it's quite cold. I look down and see that I'm in a torn up teeshirt and my boxers, so I duck back inside, put on some close and a windbreaker and retrieve the paper. By this time, I've realized what I wanted to find out was the Late 20th's projected starters for the next couple of games. I think it's going to be Maddux and Martinez, but I don't follow them that closely, so I wanted to double check that.

I open the paper and the first thing I read is the results from yesterday...