Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #151
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think the biggest decision I have to make is "Am I going to be Yaphet Kotto or Harry Dean Stanton?" I think I'll go with Stanton. THat way I can have a cat.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #152
Danny
Head Coach

unvote hoopsguy
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heading to bed, see ya'll in teh morn

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #154
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

yay not a spawn!

at work til 3pm EST but may be a hair later as I have to teach orientation again today. just a heads up
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #155
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Anybody want to volunteer to be trainer? Anybody have suggestions for who it should be? A miner or a scientist, maybe?

I would recommend a miner. Whoever we choose is going to lose their current public role and it seems like miners are the ones we can most afford to lose as:

1. There are more of them than most other groups.
2. They give a 'very small bonus' to mining mission success whereas scientists affect the success of missions of all sorts.

Looking at what a trainer does (determining what the group needs among a large number of roles) and the group of miners, it seems like the type of role Abe would do really well with. I wouldn't mind seeing Julio designated as it either since he had a rather early exit last game and I think he could do well with it.

It looks like we could potentially train more than one person to be a trainer if we so choose to do so, though the people we pick to be trainers are going to lose their actions and we only have so many AP to designate people to training.

Barkeep:
1. Is the second officer suppose to PM you with who they choose or just announce it in thread?
2. Are actions we take submitted via PM or listed publicly? (probably a stupid question)
3. Do we need to submit an order for sleep at night or is it assumed if we do not submit any other night order?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #156
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, I found my answer to 2.:

Quote:
Performing Actions
Except where noted, in order to perform an Action you must PM the GM. Actions will be processed in the order they are received and then posted by the GM. Most actions take place immediately, though repair or conversion actions are not completed until the end of a cycle.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #157
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

We are on the same page Jag. I was thinking Julio myself for the first trainer, but Abe is a good choice. We can have more than one I believe, so we can train both, but let's use Abe first.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #158
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Barkeep, read the whole damned thread and not just the bolded part

K. Thanks
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #159
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

It looks like you can assign enlisted crew (including miners) to other enlisted crew jobs once a day too, so it appears you can get a start on assigning other miners to more interesting roles. Since I have more AP than you, once D1 starts and it costs AP to designate someone to training, it probably makes more sense for me to do it for now so you can reassign enlisted crew.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #160
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
2. Are actions we take submitted via PM or listed publicly? (probably a stupid question)
Except in the places noted, actions are done via PM.
Quote:
1. Is the second officer suppose to PM you with who they choose or just announce it in thread?
This could have been done in the the thread (didn't make that clear) but this action has been submitted
Quote:
3. Do we need to submit an order for sleep at night or is it assumed if we do not submit any other night order?
Sleeping is assumed to be what you do unless you submit a different order, so no order necessary. It is helpful, however, for those who CAN perform night actions, whether public or private to submit a sleep order so that I know when all actions have been submitted.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #161
saldana
Pro Starter

when does CF get his rectal exam?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #162
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, do i get that as a free action since i won the bet?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #163
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*crosses his legs*
Old 06-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #164
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

why are you posting all in bold?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #165
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Without the Spawn Overlord, the Spawn were doomed to die out and thus Spawn Planet has been made safe," the famous scientist had explained. He hadn't been all that famous at first, but as he was offering a theory that those in power in power wanted to hear, the fame soon came. Especially when two future mining missions result in plenty of Crystlium and no sign of the Spawn. The debate shifted to whether a permanent colony should be established and soon enough the answer to that became yes.

There were some initial struggles, but when aren't there when a new colony is established? The initial band of colonists was soon replaced by a slightly larger group. The plan had stated that in another 6 months the 22 present would be supplemented by another 150. Only those 150 will never come now.

Schmidty had always claimed he'd created a device which would tell if there were any Spawn in a 50 km radius. Useless on the individual level, but perhaps useful on the macro level. Of course with no Spawn around it was impossible to know whether it worked or not, but the green glow of the device was reassuring. So it was understandable when a few became weary when the friendly green glow suddenly turned to an ominous red. Still the decision was made to forge ahead. When the first body turned up, that was far more of a concern. Still things had been so good for long enough that people were reluctant to leave. Leaving became the only option after the second body.

The re-emergence of the Spawn had always been considered. It was why so many of those present and who had been mined had also been cross trained in other areas. Now the decision had been made by
Captain Jag and Second Officer Girl to make one of the few pure Miners, Abe Sergant into the trainer.

Flexibility has to be the key in these conditions after all. The buildings the colonists called home now had been converted out of parts of the colonization ship. And with some effort they could become a ship again. Those efforts would now have to be made.

Locations

Building A:
Warehouse 1 7 cycles required for conversion
Inaccessible
Warehouse 2 7 cycles required for conversion
Inaccessible
Warehouse 3 7 cycles required for conversion
Inaccessible
Warehouse 4 7 cycles required for conversion
0 / 40 units filled
Warehouse 5 7 cycles required for conversion
0 / 40 units filled
Water Supply – 0 units (Enough reserves for 0 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 0 units (at least 20 required for lift-off)

Slave Pens Fully Operational
Slave Pen 1 2 cycles required for conversion
4 slaves present
Slave Pen 2 2 cycles required for conversion
4 slaves present
Slave Pen 3 2 cycles required for conversion
4 slaves present
Slave Pen 4 2 cycles required for conversion
4 slaves present
Slave Pen 5 2 cycles required for conversion
4 slaves present

Building B:
Power Facilities Fully Operational
Power Facility 1 5 cycles required for conversion
Powering Building B
Power Facility 2 5 cycles required for conversion
Powering Building C
Power Facility 3 5 cycles required for conversion
Powering Building D
Power Facility 4 5 cycles required for conversion
Powering Security Fences
Power Facility 5 5 cycles required for conversion
Back-up

Water Plant Fully Operational 7 cycles required for conversion
Producing enough water for all Survivors each day

Building C:
Security HQ Fully Operational 2 cycles required for conversion

Armory Fully Operational 4 cycles required for conversion
19 phasers accounted for

Brig Fully Operational 4 cycles required for conversion
No crew being held

Building D:
Crew Quarters Fully Operational; 20 sleeping berths 10 cycles required for conversion

Medical Facilities Fully Operational 4 cycles required for conversion

Scientists’ Lab Fully Operational 2 cycles required for conversion

Officers’ Offices Fully Operational 7 cycles required for conversion

Peremiter Fence
Fully Operational

Ship
Nothing yet converted

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - JAG
First Officer - Autumn
Second Officer - Lonestargirl
Security Chief - Packerfantic
Ensign - Zinto

Chief Engineer - hoopsguy
Engineers
Crimson
Darth
Simbo

Medical Staff
Doctor - saldana

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - Danny
Slavemaster - Chubby
Security Crewman - Chief Rum
Security Crewman - dubb

Scientists
Schmidty
britrock

Miners
Shiggles
Julio
mauboy
Abe Sargent

Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

Day 1 has begun
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #166
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A reminder that there is a small bonus offered for people who post summaries every 125-250 posts to help those who need to catch-up do so. As an example:
Quote:
Summary of Posts 119-165

Barkeep posted Night 0 (post 119) and offered chance for a new trainer. After some discussion it was decided that Abe would become the trainer. Barkeep posted Day 1 (post 165).

Summaries should include any major points of discussion, any events (i.e. away teams), and any actions which seem particularly pertinent.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #167
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Security Chief is here and is ready to chief that crap out of all the security...or something like that
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #168
Autumn
Head Coach

So we have no water reserves, but the water plan it producing enough for us every day. It seems we want to build up a reserve right away so that the Spawn can't hurt us by taking out the water plant. I'm going to suggest we go out on a water mission today.

For my other action I can plan a mission for tomorrow. A mining mission perhaps, or just an exploration mission. Might be good to just pave the way for a successful mission, I assume Barkeep will be posting surprise mission opportunities over the course of the game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #169
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, so some major areas for discussion today:

1. What areas to start converting

Seems like warehouses 1-3 would be logical starting choices since we can't access / use them anyway and they are required for take-off.

2. What do we want to do for away missions?

My first thought is we may want one of each for water and crystilium. The bonus to future missions might be good once we have some stock of things.

3. Do we want to execute or not execute today?

Normally I'm not a fan of no lynch, but I have no understanding for what the starting numbers of spawn might look like (people who played in other Spawn games have thoughts on that?), but this is a rather different ruleset so I'm willing to hear an argument for not lynching if someone has one.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #170
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems the main question is what order we want to convert things in. We lose the capability of a module once it's converted, so we want to have a smart order. Like stock up water, and then convert the water module. Keep the power module until we've converted enough other modules that it makes sense to take it offline. I'll admit this type of thinking is not my strong suit, but I think JAG is probably perfect for it.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #171
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Even if we know what the perfect order is (which I don't to be honest), we may not want to advertise it immediately so that spawn can't easily interfere with our plans. The first three warehouses do seem to make a lot of sense as a starting idea though since they don't serve a function for us.

So I hadn't fully grasped the away team thing, but we could potentially run as many as 4 missions today (though I don't think we want to do more than 2-3), but Autumn, you can plan future missions and then those future missions have a better chance for success.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #172
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought of that, JAG, but it seems a bit self-defeating to try to keep things to ourselves just so the Spawn don't find out. I do agree though that if you have a good idea of how to proceed, as our Captain I'm fine with you keeping your plan under wraps and revealing a bit at a time.

The warehouse seems smart, I don't know of a downside to that.

I will be glad to spend one point leading a Water mission today. I will spend my other one planning a future mission.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #173
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure I quite understand all the spawn end of things. But since there's a chance of conversion of everybody who goes on an away mission, as I understand it, it seems we want to keep our missions as limited as possible. We know we need some water reserves, and we have to harvest 20 crystillium. It seems getting those two things done as efficiently as possible is key. Maybe we even want to consider not doing any Away missions today, and instead planning missions for tomorrow. I assume a planned mining mission, for instance, will harvest more than an unplanned one. If we can get away with one less mission becuase of that, we have less chance of spawnlings.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #174
Autumn
Head Coach

So perhaps today we should focus on solely conversion work? I could plan two away missions for tomorrow (water and mining) and then tomorrow we could rake in the stuff. That's one suggestion for moving forward to limit missions and conversions. Are there other methods of conversion in the game?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #175
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm not sure I quite understand all the spawn end of things. But since there's a chance of conversion of everybody who goes on an away mission, as I understand it, it seems we want to keep our missions as limited as possible. We know we need some water reserves, and we have to harvest 20 crystillium. It seems getting those two things done as efficiently as possible is key. Maybe we even want to consider not doing any Away missions today, and instead planning missions for tomorrow. I assume a planned mining mission, for instance, will harvest more than an unplanned one. If we can get away with one less mission becuase of that, we have less chance of spawnlings.

That's an excellent point, we should do what we can to make missions have the highest chance of success to limit that. That means having you plan our missions, include scientists on missions if possible, miners on mining missions, etc...

So if we're going to do convert buildings today and prepare for starting some missions tomorrow, we need to have engineers supervise either people or slaves and since we want scientists to go on missions starting tomorrow, we probably want to have one (or two if possible?) work with Abe today on his trainer studying.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #176
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are there other methods of conversion in the game?

It looks like Spawn have an attack type to potentially convert others:

Quote:
A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #177
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Redshirt Dubb checking in. I'm willing to play my role out on away missions. Just make sure not to stand too close to me while we are out there. I think we've all seen this episode before.....
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #178
Autumn
Head Coach

So people can only do conversion work if being supervised by an engineer, is that right? So yeah we should figure out the max work we could get out of that crew.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #179
Autumn
Head Coach

So do the spawn convert instead of kill?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #180
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Probably, atleast in the early going. I've been spawn in the past.

I really haven't read the rules for this one too well yet, but in the past it was an either or. You either convert or you kill.

There will be other factors in play that make it impossible for spawn to convert. For instance, in past games spawn could no longer convert after lift off.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #181
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

More serious matters.

It's day 1 and Hoops is still alive....
Old 06-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #182
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
So people can only do conversion work if being supervised by an engineer, is that right?

That is correct.

Quote:

The Spawn can either convert or kill. After lift-off they may only kill.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #183
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So people can only do conversion work if being supervised by an engineer, is that right? So yeah we should figure out the max work we could get out of that crew.

So each person supervised does 1 cycle of work and slaves, in sets of 2, do 1 cycle of work. Engineers can supervise up to 4 people (4 cycles of work total) or 2 people and 2 slaves (3 cycles of work total) or 6 slaves (3 cycles of work total). The downside of using people is they may not have any APs to do other role activity.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #184
britrock88
Pro Starter

Can I, as a scientist, train with Abe at night?

I know my primary purpose should be to help out with any away missions. Given that talk for today is beginning to go in another direction, though, let me know what I can do to help out (at this point, I guess I'm asking what I should convert, though supervision does need to be figured out).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #185
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Alright, so some major areas for discussion today:

3. Do we want to execute or not execute today?

Normally I'm not a fan of no lynch, but I have no understanding for what the starting numbers of spawn might look like (people who played in other Spawn games have thoughts on that?), but this is a rather different ruleset so I'm willing to hear an argument for not lynching if someone has one.

Only argument I would pose for this - and it goes against the grain for me - is that (going from memory) we did not have starting Spawn in the last game. Instead, they were created the first night. So if history repeats itself with this rule set then we might be executing someone when we have no chance of getting a spawn in the process.

I'm not sure I believe this myself, but that would be the argument that I would pose if I'm trying to come up with reasons to bypass the lynch, essentially turning Day 2 into Day 1.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #186
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Can I, as a scientist, train with Abe at night?

I know my primary purpose should be to help out with any away missions. Given that talk for today is beginning to go in another direction, though, let me know what I can do to help out (at this point, I guess I'm asking what I should convert, though supervision does need to be figured out).
Yes
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #187
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Even if we know what the perfect order is (which I don't to be honest), we may not want to advertise it immediately so that spawn can't easily interfere with our plans..

We're somewhat limited in trying to "keep plans to ourselves". The best we can do, in my mind, is make sound decisions in the thread. Be aware of when someone may be attempting to redirect good ideas in the thread. And we should try to make redundant decisions, as others have pointed out - water mission, protect water, etc.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #188
britrock88
Pro Starter

Okay, JAG, LSG, whoever else needs to do it, I'll help train Abe.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #189
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
More serious matters.

It's day 1 and Hoops is still alive....

Damn it, was hoping no one would notice.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #190
Zinto
College Starter

I think we need to make sure we collect water as much as possible without affecting making sure we lift off as soon as possible. It seems like it is vastly important to make sure everyone is getting their daily ration so that we can keep everything moving smoothly.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #191
britrock88
Pro Starter

The facilities REQUIRED on-ship and the manpower required to convert them:
Power Facilities (at least 4 of the 5) - 20 cycles
Water Processing - 7 cycles
Cargo Holds 1-3 - 21 cycles
Crew Quarters - 10 cycles
Officers’ Offices - 7 cycles

That's 65 cycles at a bare minimum. The more facilities we can convert, though, the better.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Missions - goal on those traditionally is to make sure command does not go on the missions. We don't want to compromise our chain of command to the chance for conversion. But we usually send the other folks out there, knowing that more bodies --> more resources --> take off faster (and eliminated conversions).
Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #193
saldana
Pro Starter

Does any one have any other suggestions for me other than to scan Captain JAG?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #194
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Got a break from orientation classs...

I can supverise slaves doing a building conversion with an eingeneer if we think that's the right way to go (not sure how gung ho I am on missions without planning)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #195
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This seems worth clarifying publicly:

Right now when people go on away team they are subject to risk of becoming a Spawnling. Should the perimeter fence stop working each time a person moved between buildings, or otherwise went outside, they would be at risk for becoming a Spawnling. So, for instance, most people start the Day in Building D, as that's where the Crew Quarters are. If they were then to do work in Building B there would be a chance they would become a Spawnling.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #196
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
The facilities REQUIRED on-ship and the manpower required to convert them:
Power Facilities (at least 4 of the 5) - 20 cycles
Water Processing - 7 cycles
Cargo Holds 1-3 - 21 cycles
Crew Quarters - 10 cycles
Officers’ Offices - 7 cycles

That's 65 cycles at a bare minimum. The more facilities we can convert, though, the better.

Thank you, I was about to do this and you saved me some work.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #197
britrock88
Pro Starter

What's a scientist without a mission to do? :-D
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #198
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Only argument I would pose for this - and it goes against the grain for me - is that (going from memory) we did not have starting Spawn in the last game. Instead, they were created the first night. So if history repeats itself with this rule set then we might be executing someone when we have no chance of getting a spawn in the process.

I'm not sure I believe this myself, but that would be the argument that I would pose if I'm trying to come up with reasons to bypass the lynch, essentially turning Day 2 into Day 1.

From BK's write-up, we have detected spawn in the vicinity with Schmidty's device and we're leaving due to a couple of deaths from spawn, so it seems unlikely we don't have any to start. So if that's the only reason not to, then we should be executing without question.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #199
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This seems worth clarifying publicly:

Right now when people go on away team they are subject to risk of becoming a Spawnling. Should the perimeter fence stop working each time a person moved between buildings, or otherwise went outside, they would be at risk for becoming a Spawnling. So, for instance, most people start the Day in Building D, as that's where the Crew Quarters are. If they were then to do work in Building B there would be a chance they would become a Spawnling.

Gah, that's horrible. We have a hell of a lot of ground and people to protect.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #200
Autumn
Head Coach

So if the Chief Engineer works with an Engineer they can do 6 cycles of work on a conversion. Alternatively a Chief could supervise up to 5 cycles of work. An engineer could supervise up to four cycles of work. So supervising costs 6 total AP for a chief (chief + 5 workers), or 5 total for an engineer.

Chief+Engineer Convert = 6 cycles, 2 AP
Chief+5 person team = 5 cycles, 6 AP
Engineer+4 person team = 4 cycles, 5 AP

Chief+8 slave team = 4 cycles, 1 AP
Engineer+6 slave team = 3 cycles, 1 AP

We've got I think a chief and three engineers it seems having a chief and engineer work together is the best bang for the buck, but really cuts down on how many total workers we can mobilize.