Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
BKL
n00b

FOF 8 - Too Easy or Just Right?

I have read from some people that FOF 8 is too easy after a few seasons when playing in single-player mode. To be fair, I've also read a few posts with people saying they are terrible at the game. Despite those posts, the view seems to be that this is the best football management game available.

I am starting a single-player game. Just wondering about everyone's experience with single-player difficulty. To put this in perspective, I play OOTP Baseball and have won the World Series twice in 21 seasons and made the playoffs about 12 times. That level of success is fair for my liking - i.e., hard to win it all, but you have a chance in a lot of seasons. Note that I also like to occasionally have a losing season.

So, is the game too easy for a single player? If so, do is there any workarounds or "house rules" I should establish, such as limiting my total salary, or letting the AI draft for my team each year, etc.? Or, is the game likely fine just the way it is? Note that I like to play out games, game-planning, and call plays.

Thanks!

BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #2
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

How much have you played FOF before?

The game is fairly easy to those who already understand how to beat the AI in FOF. It is not extremely easy to win it all, but if you know what you're doing, it should be easy enough to have a playoff team year in and year out.

Easiest base house rule is, "Do not resign anyone unless they are in the last year of their contract." Another easy one is "Do not offer any player *less* than what they are requesting." Another good one is "no initiating trades with the AI."

I would suggest to start with those rules (or none at all) and if it gets too easy, add some other handicaps.

Last edited by Front Office Midget : 09-11-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote