Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #301
nflchampion
n00b

Is it possible to use the game output instead of Extractor runs in future versions of the Draft Utility? I ask because I've had a lot of difficulty getting Extractor working well through Crossover on OS X, but Draft Analyzer worked well using the in-game outputs. It helped to use the draft order export, but having it be uniform would be outstanding if at all possible.
nflchampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #302
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Possible error: team locations that contain an apostrophe. FOFL has a "Sam's Town", and the team wasn't inserted into the db. I'm assuming it's an issue with escaping the string.

Yes, that's likely the issue. Thanks.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 PM   #303
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion View Post
Is it possible to use the game output instead of Extractor runs in future versions of the Draft Utility? I ask because I've had a lot of difficulty getting Extractor working well through Crossover on OS X, but Draft Analyzer worked well using the in-game outputs. It helped to use the draft order export, but having it be uniform would be outstanding if at all possible.

I don't believe the rookie bar values are exported from the game pre-draft?

I need to touch base with Greg if he found a way to pull it from the in-game outputs, or I've missed it since I haven't had time to work on an update until recently.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 AM   #304
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

7.0b added draft_personal.csv and players_personal.csv as outputs. They show all bars from the perspective of your own scouts. These should replace Extractor in Conscriptor as they're much easier to output. draft_personal would be for amateur drafts, and players_personal would be for dispersal drafts. (If you get this in there for dispersal drafts, I'll probably end up doing another one, fwiw.)
Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 AM   #305
Ben E Lou

Oh...the analyzer dump isn't formatted correctly in 2.52. The line breaks that it needs aren't showing up.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-25-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #306
QuikSand
lolzcat

I know this is a trivial thing, but the default set of attributes that are shown for players is a little silly. SCHOOL yes, but ADJUSTED GRADE no. A common sense refresher there would seem to make sense to me - and obviously we can pick out own with a little effort, but a more sensible starting point would be nice. Some of us watch birthdates carefully, I'd love to see that in the default set.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #307
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Adjusted Grade allows you to sort pretty close to the FOF sort, given that the draft class is grouped by position in the new exports.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #308
RedDoby
n00b

The NFLsim league will be using this utility in a few months. I am not familiar with it at all and was wondering if it has intelligence enough to select for computer controlled teams, or does the commissioner generally have to make the selections for them?

Thanks for all you guys do.

Last edited by RedDoby : 04-25-2014 at 11:19 AM.
RedDoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #309
cuervo72
Head Coach

Speaking of adjusted grade - is the raw grade included in any of the game exports (I don't have them available right now to check)? Because I noticed after importing the FOFL draft that the adjusted grade and raw grade columns were populated with the same values. (Or is that what we're already talking about?)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-25-2014 at 02:10 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #310
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Not the raw grade, no. I mentioned that in the exports thread. I have the FOF weights somewhere in my DraftAnalyzer code that you can divide by to get the raw grade from adjusted, it's just a per-position factor.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #311
WheelsVT
High School JV

My time has been limited so it's been really slow going on the updates here, but I'm trying to get to them.

It would be helpful if someone could PM me the export files needed to setup a draft that has a penalized pick, and also any draft that had some draft order issues other than due to a penalized pick.

God bless MikeD for trying to get me excited and going again, but with infant twins at home I never know how a night will turn out. Not exactly great coding conditions.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #312
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDoby View Post
The NFLsim league will be using this utility in a few months. I am not familiar with it at all and was wondering if it has intelligence enough to select for computer controlled teams, or does the commissioner generally have to make the selections for them?

Thanks for all you guys do.

If you take the step to run the mock draft it will help make the scout picks a little smarter based on need otherwise it will follow the grade order while avoiding selecting multiple guys at the same position.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #313
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT View Post
My time has been limited so it's been really slow going on the updates here, but I'm trying to get to them.

It would be helpful if someone could PM me the export files needed to setup a draft that has a penalized pick, and also any draft that had some draft order issues other than due to a penalized pick.

God bless MikeD for trying to get me excited and going again, but with infant twins at home I never know how a night will turn out. Not exactly great coding conditions.

Trust me, there are plenty of folks around here that are passionate about this game but don't always have the time. In the end we are all in the same boat. Family first, work second, friends third and loner hobbies come in after that to fill the dwindling void called "free time".
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #314
Andreh
n00b

is there anyway to save your priority list order from inside the conscriptor?
Andreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #315
WheelsVT
High School JV

I've managed to switch out the Extractor part for in-game exported scout data. Still working on some more things before posting the update.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #316
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
(If you get this in there for dispersal drafts, I'll probably end up doing another one, fwiw.)

Got it working for the allocation draft now too.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #317
Normie32r
n00b

Quote:
An update everyone's been waiting for...

Version 2.5

-Added ability for GMs to upload extractor output to have their own staff's view of rookie skill bar values.

Can someone step me through how to do this? I have exported all the data from in-game. Now what?
Normie32r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #318
WheelsVT
High School JV

Version 2.5.3

Fixed bug introduced in 2.4.2 where mock draft player detail URLs no longer worked.

Fixed bug where Analyzer output did not include a newline.

**Updated GM player ratings import to use FOF7 generated files instead of requiring another utility like Extractor to pull the data out first.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #319
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normie32r View Post
Can someone step me through how to do this? I have exported all the data from in-game. Now what?

The update you quoted used Stelmack Extractor to pull the ratings data for import. However, if your commisioner installs the update I just posted you'll be able to use the game generated scout files instead.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #320
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Version 2.5.3

Fixed bug introduced in 2.4.2 where mock draft player detail URLs no longer worked.

**Updated GM player ratings import to use FOF7 generated files instead of requiring another utility like Extractor to pull the data out first.

Note that this update has a few SQL commands to run as part of the update. See upgrade_2_5_3.sql in the includes/mysql directory.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:51 AM   #321
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Version 2.5.3

Trying to do a new install with this version and am getting "Query was empty" after I've entered everything and it tries to run the installation script.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:28 AM   #322
WheelsVT
High School JV

Sorry I've been hard to reach this week.

The install error was due to an extra blank line at the end of the install.sql script, and I found I again included my config file for my test server. Seriously?

I updated the zip file and you shouldn't have any issues now.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #323
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Noticed during our current CCFL draft, when looking at the Analyzer output, the utility is not grabbing players with multiple-part first or last names correctly.

This is what it is displaying for two players:

2. - Moon, Blue, WR, Moorhead State
54. - Van, Logan, WR, Wagner

And this is what their full names actually are:

Blue Moon Elliott
Logan Van Pelt

Last edited by PackerFanatic : 05-30-2014 at 12:55 PM.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #324
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Noticed an issue between the main players list and the mock draft list.

From the players list:

RNFL Front Office Football Conscriptor version 2.5.2 (page comes up fine, no prob)

From the mock draft page:

RNFL Front Office Football Conscriptor version 2.5.2 (passing a different ID, no info is grabbed)

As you can tell by the links, we are v2.5.2

Last edited by PackerFanatic : 07-18-2014 at 02:09 PM.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #325
WheelsVT
High School JV

PackerFanatic, the URL issue is fixed in 2.5.3. It's happened when I started using the in-game IDs for the URLs.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #326
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I realized we weren't up-to-date after I posted, of course...and just verified that you are correct. Thanks man
Old 08-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #327
Ben E Lou

3(32) pick was forfeited for cap violation. Conscriptor listed 2(32) as forfeited instead. Probably similar to the 32nd-pick-traded bug. Universe file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv universe_info.csv (35.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #328
aston217
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
3(32) pick was forfeited for cap violation. Conscriptor listed 2(32) as forfeited instead. Probably similar to the 32nd-pick-traded bug. Universe file attached.

I'm not sure if the CyFL 32nd-pick-traded bug is being referenced here, but we have the same thing. The universe file I checked and verified as correct.

The "Pick Owner This Year" table within universe_info.csv is of this format:

ROUND / (TEAM ID + 1) / TRUE OWNER.

In other words, the row that reads "1 / 9 / 10" means "In this year's Round 1, Team Id = 8's pick is owned by Team Id = 10."

By modifying the values here I found that the team that held 1.32, if you changed their "Pick Owner This Year" Round 1, that would show up in Round 2. And vice versa. It does not seem to affect any other picks.

I stepped through the logic of the import code (where you read in the universe_info.csv file), and that appears to be 100% correct.

import_fof7_draft_run.php
Code:
foreach($lines as $line) { $fields = preg_split("/,/",$line); if (!$staff && strcmp($fields[0],"Draft Order")==0){ //we have a pick line, process it $fields = preg_split("/,/",$line); $team_id = trim($fields[3]); $pick_order[$pick] = $tids[$team_id]; $pick+=1; } if (!$staff && strcmp($fields[0],"Draft Pick Owner - This Year")==0){ //now see if the pick owner is actually different. $round = $fields[1]; $orig_team = $fields[2]-1; if ( $orig_team!=$fields[3] ){ //they traded that pick away $start = ($round-1)*32; for ( $i=$start; $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team]; $i++){} $pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]]; } } .... }

So, I'm assuming it has something to do with the display. But I'm not able to check the database and see what was actually entered there. Perhaps it's being thrown for a loop somehow when there's a missing pick (the draft page for Round 3 ends at 4.1 and omits the offending 3rd round pick).

The other thing worth mentioning is that the forefeited pick showed up under Draft Owner This Year as a pick that moved to Team Id = 89.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #329
aston217
College Prospect

Actually, now that I think about it, this last line here:
Code:
$pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]];

$tids appears to be an array of the league's 32 $city ids (in other words, $tids[10] = whatever number is used for Green Bay's city id, since Green Bay's team id number is 10). In this file, I see $tids being constructed but I don't believe it will have an array index of 89.

When the pick has been "traded away" for cap violation penalty, $fields[3] will contain 89. So that's going to be an undefined offset, and $pick_order[$i] is going to be, well, I'm not too sure what. "Undefined", perhaps?

So when this comes up later...

Code:
// Store the processed data into the database foreach($pick_order as $key=>$value) { if ($value == 'xxx') { $player_id = '-1'; } else { $player_id = kDraftHalt; } $statement = "insert into pick (pick_id, team_id, player_id) values ('$key', '".$teams[$value]."', $player_id)"; mysql_query($statement); }

...I'm not sure what's in $value for the offending pick, but $teams[$value] is probably not going to be what's expected?...

Sorry, I'm not too sure, there's a lot going on with that file.

Long story short, probably what I'd do is:
Code:
$pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]];

Before making that statement, check if $fields[3] == 89, and if so, $pick_order[$i] seems like the later code is expecting it to be 'xxx'.

Last edited by aston217 : 08-25-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #330
aston217
College Prospect

I did some more looking into it and here's what I found, it actually isn't importing correctly.

Code:
if ( $orig_team!=$fields[3] ){ //they traded that pick away $start = ($round-1)*32; for ( $i=$start; $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team]; $i++){} $pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]]; }

$pick_order is an array of all draft picks that starts out as simply the draft order (i.e, no trades). This code runs when it detects that a team has traded their original pick in a given $round to another team. It does this by starting with the first pick of the round in question and incrementing up through the $pick_order table until it hits the next pick owned by $orig_team, the team that has given away their pick. Then it swaps ownership to the new owners of the pick.

For example, if the Lions have traded away their Round 2 pick to the Bears, the counter starts at $pick_order[32] because 32 = (2-1) * 32. It compares the team that holds $pick_order[32] and sees if that's the Lions' Round 2 pick. If not, it goes on to $pick_order[33] and so on.

The problem? $pick_order[32] is 1.32. This is because instead of starting with $pick_order[0], which I think was the (safe; I would've thought the same) assumption, $pick_order actually starts with 1, as defined earlier in the file. $pick_order[0] is initialized to be owned by 'xxx' and is never used again by the conscriptor.

So when we're trying to find a pick to re-assign ownership for, instead of starting at the first pick of $round, we starts at the 32nd pick of the previous round. When it's a trade involving a #32 pick, guess who the owner of the 32nd pick of the previous round is? $orig_team. The counter $i never increments because it meets the test condition right away, and the previous round's 32nd pick is assigned to the new team instead.

From looks of it, then, it might have nothing to do with cap violation penalties. It's just you would think $pick_order[31] == the 32nd element of the pick_order array, but no. So I believe, but have not tested, that the fix is this (in red):

Code:
if ( $orig_team!=$fields[3] ){ //they traded that pick away $start = ($round-1)*32 +1; //now we start at the first pick of the round for ( $i=$start; $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team]; $i++){} $pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]]; }

This wouldn't have affected picks other than the 32nd because that's an edge case. In all other cases the test $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team] wouldn't pass initially at $i=$start, so it would have incremented normally until it found the correct pick to swap ownership for.

Sorry for all the verbosity. Trying to be thorough in case I need to look back for future reference; I certainly don't want to step through all the debugging again.

The earlier change I suggested for the cap violation teams and checking for "new team id" being 89 still makes sense to me, but it looks like it doesn't impact conscriptor anyway. But don't quote me on that.

Last edited by aston217 : 08-25-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #331
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
I did some more looking into it and here's what I found, it actually isn't importing correctly.

Code:
if ( $orig_team!=$fields[3] ){ //they traded that pick away $start = ($round-1)*32; for ( $i=$start; $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team]; $i++){} $pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]]; }

$pick_order is an array of all draft picks that starts out as simply the draft order (i.e, no trades). This code runs when it detects that a team has traded their original pick in a given $round to another team. It does this by starting with the first pick of the round in question and incrementing up through the $pick_order table until it hits the next pick owned by $orig_team, the team that has given away their pick. Then it swaps ownership to the new owners of the pick.

For example, if the Lions have traded away their Round 2 pick to the Bears, the counter starts at $pick_order[32] because 32 = (2-1) * 32. It compares the team that holds $pick_order[32] and sees if that's the Lions' Round 2 pick. If not, it goes on to $pick_order[33] and so on.

The problem? $pick_order[32] is 1.32. This is because instead of starting with $pick_order[0], which I think was the (safe; I would've thought the same) assumption, $pick_order actually starts with 1, as defined earlier in the file. $pick_order[0] is initialized to be owned by 'xxx' and is never used again by the conscriptor.

So when we're trying to find a pick to re-assign ownership for, instead of starting at the first pick of $round, we starts at the 32nd pick of the previous round. When it's a trade involving a #32 pick, guess who the owner of the 32nd pick of the previous round is? $orig_team. The counter $i never increments because it meets the test condition right away, and the previous round's 32nd pick is assigned to the new team instead.

From looks of it, then, it might have nothing to do with cap violation penalties. It's just you would think $pick_order[31] == the 32nd element of the pick_order array, but no. So I believe, but have not tested, that the fix is this (in red):

Code:
if ( $orig_team!=$fields[3] ){ //they traded that pick away $start = ($round-1)*32 +1; //now we start at the first pick of the round for ( $i=$start; $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team]; $i++){} $pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]]; }

This wouldn't have affected picks other than the 32nd because that's an edge case. In all other cases the test $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team] wouldn't pass initially at $i=$start, so it would have incremented normally until it found the correct pick to swap ownership for.

Sorry for all the verbosity. Trying to be thorough in case I need to look back for future reference; I certainly don't want to step through all the debugging again.

The earlier change I suggested for the cap violation teams and checking for "new team id" being 89 still makes sense to me, but it looks like it doesn't impact conscriptor anyway. But don't quote me on that.

Thanks so much for the debugging! This definitely helps point me in the right direction right off the bat.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #332
WheelsVT
High School JV

I'm not dead, just have a new computer and some more important work tasks taking my time right now. I'll get to this soon. It's not completely off my radar.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #333
aston217
College Prospect

Unofficial hotfix 2014-09-15
fof_draft_wheels_astonhotfix20140915.zip

Posting this unofficial hotfix with a modified import_fof7_draft_run.php file. I made the changes I specified here and here. (The code changes should be commented //aston).

Addressed issues:
  • 32nd pick traded bug, where a 32nd pick traded showed up a round early
  • draft hang on pick due to cap violation

This is untested, but if one of you guys could test it and see if it's resolving those issues, that'd be great!

Last edited by aston217 : 09-15-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #334
aston217
College Prospect

FWIW, I did a test run (I think?) of this on localhost using XAMPP. It imported the past CyFL draft correctly and ran through the cap violation removed pick correctly, I think, although I was clicking "Force Pick" for the previous pick. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #335
aston217
College Prospect

The site I hosted the file at (ge.tt) is down, so I re-uploaded:

fof_draft_wheels astonfix
http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/osfl...s_astonfix.zip

There was some kind of error in the last file, but evidently I fixed it somehow this morning, as we're now running this version live for the OSFL draft. I can confirm that it does fix the 32nd-pick-traded bug on import, as we had one of those trades here. We'll see how the penalized picks go.

Another change that's reflected here is that player bars are now width bars to reflect that they are width ranges (i.e, 50-75 or 75-100).

Old 09-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #336
aston217
College Prospect

Wheels (or is this much older code?), I noticed the java.js file seems to be a mash of custom draft-utility specific code, and the MooTools library.

However, it's impossible for me to tell where the latter ends and the former begins. Would you by any chance have any idea?

The reason being its use of MooTools' $ and $$ syntax seems to conflict with jQuery, which is needed by an external chat plugin. The fix is supposed to be easy enough (change the $ and $$ syntax), but I don't want to change the library code.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #337
aston217
College Prospect

New version of the hotfix, because the old one (apparently) didn't fix (or even change) the cap penalty issue due to an extremely dumb mistake on my part.

Download: fof_draft_wheels_astonhotfix.zip

Notes
  • Some files have from the original .zip that I downloaded have a lot of extra line breaks. That seems to happen when you upload to FTP in ANSI rather than binary. Sometimes this causes it to not play nice. If there are serious page-breaking errors, try uploading to FTP in binary mode instead.
  • The code sets cap-penalized picks to a value of "-1". However, kDeclinePick is "-300". I don't know why this discrepancy is there or if it will have an effect.
  • I guess the cap penalty pick handling aspect of this fix is still untested.

If you do run into a cap penalty pick issue, what will happen is that users after a penalized pick, will be unable to make their own picks. "Select this player" will not be an option, and "make pick" from queue won't work.

If that happens, you will have to go into the database via phpMyAdmin and manually change the offending pick's player_id from the picks table from NULL to "-300".

Old 10-02-2014, 02:35 AM   #338
aston217
College Prospect

Quote:
- Site admin can designate other GMs (and their own team) as draft admins which have all the rights as the site-admin except for setting up a new draft. This means they can select for other teams, change draft settings, pause/rollback, etc.

Whole lot of DOLA now. (Non critical) Bug report about the above.

player.inc.php:

Code:
if (!$login->is_admin()) { $joins[] = "left join selection on selection.player_id = player.player_id and selection.team_id = '".$login->team_id()."'"; $col[] = "selection.player_id is_selected"; $col[] = "selection.selection_priority"; }

This is in the middle of constructing a giant query run to get all the info on a given player.

The selection table crucially identifies whether the player exists in a team's queue or not. That table is not included in the query if a team has also been designated as a draft admin.

So for teams that have been designated as "draft admins", players added to queues will still appear on their player card as not queued. I think it's only cosmetic and not sure if it has other ill effects.

It seems like the sturdiest solution would be to check instead the value of $login->team_id to make sure it's not "admin" or any other "illegal" team. This might merit its own function (or constant) somewhere.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #339
WheelsVT
High School JV

Aston, you tha man. Obviously I've been consumed in other real-world tasks (twins, work, etc), but I'm running into these issues first hand in the RNFL, and they suck.

Thanks for the HARD work to figure out the code and create hot fixes. I'm going to pull them into the distro tonight and post out the update.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #340
WheelsVT
High School JV

I can't get your latest hotfix to download, but I did find your mistake on the first hotfix

Can you fix the link? I'll pull in your updates and host it.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #341
aston217
College Prospect

Ah man, ge.tt is down again?

Attaching. There are some cosmetic changes in here too (I must have just pulled the folder from the OSFL or CFL draft) -- I changed the way the bars display. Ignore style.css and player.inc.php to uninclude those.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fof_draft_wheels_astonhotfix.zip (712.6 KB, 40 views)

Old 10-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #342
WheelsVT
High School JV

I kept them in there and posted v2.6 on the first page. The Aston hotfix version.

Last edited by WheelsVT : 10-16-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #343
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Thank you, Aston (and Wheels)!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #344
aston217
College Prospect

Uh oh, I've discovered another error with importing FOF7 drafts.

This can happen when teams both give away and receive a future pick in the same round.

import_fof7_draft_run.php

This file is an import_fof7_draft_run.php with the fix. That's the only file affected.

The problem is with the bolded:

Code:
if ( $orig_team!=$fields[3] ){ //they traded that pick away $start = ($round-1)*32 +1; for ( $i=$start; $pick_order[$i]!=$tids[$orig_team]; $i++){} $pick_order[$i] = $tids[$fields[3]]; }

This is again the code where the draft utility figures out where to assign picks when trades have occurred. Here's the issue:
  • When the utility looks for the proper landing space of the traded pick, it uses the existing $pick_order
  • To effect the trade, it modifies the existing $pick_order.

This code is processing the universe_info file line-by-line, so trades that occur later in that file (which is ordered by year, round, and then team_id) are using modified $pick_order to assign their trades.

The way it's supposed to work is by checking the original Pick Order. I.e, the original pick order states "Team A has pick #___ in Round 1." Then when a trade happens where Team A's pick is received by Team B, the utility needs to go through the Original Pick Order and find what #___ Team A's pick was.

The fix stores the original pick order in a separate, unmodified variable.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #345
WheelsVT
High School JV

Thanks Aston. I've added the replacement file and posted this as v2.7.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #346
aston217
College Prospect

Wheels, yikes, Hooper just reported an error. I must've supplied you with a bad page.inc.php file at some point (it used a custom wrapper we had for the CFL to test out a draft chat there a while back).

The affected file is page.inc.php. This will cause a blank screen or error message if not replaced. It references wrapper_chat.html instead of wrapper.html.

page.inc.php

My fault, sorry!

Old 11-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #347
WheelsVT
High School JV

v2.7.1
Corrected page.inc.php file added.

...one of these days I'll feel like working on the staff draft part of the utility.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #348
garion333
High School Varsity

Enhancements and bug fixes here >>>>>>>>>> Staff draft
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #349
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Enhancements and bug fixes here >>>>>>>>>> Staff draft

I just don't have the time. Also not aware of any major bugs needing fixing?
Regardless, if someone has time to make bug fixes and carry this forward please do. Aston??

I'd like to play some MP and not have to think about draft issues in the MP universe. Ben's "similar players" feature on his leagues has me thinking about a few things I want to try.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #350
garion333
High School Varsity

Oh man, I wasn't pressuring you, it's just that with what time you DO have I'd much rather it be spent on anything related to the utility and not towards a live GM draft client thingy. If there's nothing more to be done, then ignore me.

If there's any bugs, I don't know about them.

Last edited by garion333 : 12-05-2014 at 06:41 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote