Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #51
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Pushed an update to PlayerTracker that will let you pick a defensive formation, and then will show the current height, weight, and combines for a player, and color them like combines are colored during the draft. This allows you at a glance to see which players might be short or over/under weight for their position.

Spoiler

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:11 PM   #52
TAFIV
n00b

nice update, now if only i knew for sure how important height/weight actually is at each position...
TAFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #53
Yoda
High School Varsity

getting this error-
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #54
Yoda
High School Varsity

same error with fof8 utilities
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #55
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

You have rookies.csv open?
Old 12-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #56
Ben E Lou

Oh..that's the FOF2K7 folder. That's the problem.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #57
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The issue is that he did not select the league directory from the dialog. Note that the league name is missing from the error.

But yes, this thread is for the FOF8 utilities, I've moved on from FOF7.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #58
gstelmack
Pro Starter

New update posted - Draft Analyzer now lets you set the height / weight factors per position rather than being global. Basically every tick for height is 1 pt per every 2 inches away from average for that height, weight is -1 pt for every 2 pounds away from ideal. I don't currently disable the height bar for positions where it does not matter, but the adjustment will still be 0.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #59
gstelmack
Pro Starter

We have our first external contribution - Caligari has added player age to the PlayerTracker displays.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #60
Caligari
Mascot

Baby steps (for me)!
Caligari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:29 PM   #61
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I just pushed an update that now includes Interrogator. Ben is the primary target for this, but other commissioners that want to track additional stats can make use as well, and maybe some single player users will find some utility as well.

The UI is pretty straightforward: pick a league, optionally check a box and specify a season to limit it to that season forward, and optionally specify a file to "open" when it is done executing (this is typically a script, and I use shell execute so it will do whatever is appropriate for the extension, which may be to execute a batch file or open a web page). Click the "Generate CSVs" button and wait.

It will process the Solevision files for each season in its range to get data not exported by the in-game export facilities. It will then generate the following files in the leaguedata folder:

game_information_extra.csv - additional tidbits for each game, such as run direction and pass distance stats for each team
drive_results.csv - results of each drive for each game it processes
player_season_extra_yyyy.csv - additional player stats for each game

The latter file includes the plus / minus stats, along with other bits we teased out in FOF7. For example, we track more detailed information on kickoffs beyond just number of touchbacks.

I am reasonably confident in the plus / minus stats, I believe based on FOF7 analysis that "HasKeyCoverage" is something else entirely and should be ignored (I would still like to figure out what), and other stats may be wrong simply because the file formats have changed. For example, "HomeOtherRushAttempts" in the game_info_extra field has numbers > 1000 so something got rearranged and I need to decode this. I will be checking these fairly quickly, but I wanted to get the initial release in so commissioners (especially Ben) can work out their processes while I work on stat correctness.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #62
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Several Interrogator updates have been pushed to correct +/- and some other stats, and improve the workflow for commishes.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #63
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

In regards of the interrogator and + / - Grades per play.

The Interrogator generated the .csvs in the league data folders and as an Average IT User I got 2 cuestions.

1) Where the leaguedata folders are now? (Steam user)

2) How do I compile and get the % of the reports about + / - ?

Thanks in advance.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #64
gstelmack
Pro Starter

1) %localappdata%\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Eight\leaguedata. There is a folder there for each league, and the csvs are in there.

2) Reports are up to you. They are CSVs: you can do Excel tricks, import them into a database, whatever. This just gets you access to the numbers.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #65
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
1) %localappdata%\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Eight\leaguedata. There is a folder there for each league, and the csvs are in there.

2) Reports are up to you. They are CSVs: you can do Excel tricks, import them into a database, whatever. This just gets you access to the numbers.

I found the numbers, but how can you know what player and teams are the IDs they show in there?? This is gold, absolutely amazing. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #66
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The PlayerID column matches up with other player CSV files in that same directory. You need to do some poking around and digging if you're going to work with that data.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #67
Ben E Lou

This may be resolvable in Windows 8, and if so, I'm all ears: the icons for Interrogator and Draft Analyzer are identical. I have both pinned to the taskbar, but even after using both just about daily for a couple of weeks, I forget which one is which and am constantly opening the wrong one. Is there a way I can change one of the icons, or is that something Greg has to do?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #68
TAFIV
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
This may be resolvable in Windows 8, and if so, I'm all ears: the icons for Interrogator and Draft Analyzer are identical. I have both pinned to the taskbar, but even after using both just about daily for a couple of weeks, I forget which one is which and am constantly opening the wrong one. Is there a way I can change one of the icons, or is that something Greg has to do?

if you're not worried about the icon being football related and just something so you know what it is do the following, it will give you access to the standard icon pack that comes with windows

1. create a shortcut
2. right click the shortcut - select properties
3. click "change icon" button (bottom of page under shortcut tab)
4. where it says "look for icons in this file:" click browse
5. for file name type "%SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll" (without the parenthesis of course ) , click open
6. pick an icon, click it
7. click ok
8. window will close, click ok again
9. unpin the old icon from your taskbar
10. drag the shortcut to the taskbar to pin it
11. enjoy

sorry this is the easiest way to do it yourself, there isn't a way to change the icon of a program, that i know of short of coding, just of shortcuts

Last edited by TAFIV : 01-09-2017 at 06:32 PM.
TAFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #69
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Bah, I'll find time to fix the icon soon. Not sure what to, but something different.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #70
gstelmack
Pro Starter

New icon, plus a fix for playerids in long-time leagues.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #71
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #72
Ben E Lou

Is there a way to get quarter-by-quarter scores from Interrogator data? The drive results csv is a great start, but unless I'm missing something I can't get extra points/2-point conversions. (Working on custom box scores.)
Old 01-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #73
Ben E Lou

Oh yeah, it also doesn't get return TDs, pick sixes, etc.

I guess ideally a "scoring plays" table would be the ticket here?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #74
Ben E Lou

One other item that isn't there: the Solecismic POG.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #75
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I have the player of the game, although it's an "Active Player Index" rather than a playerID.

Scoring plays may be possible, but I'm not sure I've entirely figured out extra points / 2 point conversions. May take some work.

Quarter by quarter points is definitely feasible.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #76
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

How do you include the weights by position in the Draft Analizer?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2017, 07:03 AM   #77
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Open the weights dialog, and use the position drop-down combo box to select the position. You will note all the sliders on the right and the position weight itself change.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #78
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Open the weights dialog, and use the position drop-down combo box to select the position. You will note all the sliders on the right and the position weight itself change.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #79
gstelmack
Pro Starter

New version pushed with additional fields in Interrogator:

game_information_extra now has a column for the Player of the Game ID. BEWARE: this is only valid for the current season. Once you roll into next season and the game cleans out its database of players, these are no longer good. I can't match up the number here for older games with the records as written.

player_season_extra has PenaltiesCommitted and PenaltiesAccepted. PenaltiesCommitted is probably more useful, but PenaltiesAccepted is there for completeness and excludes any declined penalties the player committed.

I believe these last 2 are mostly accurate, but my list of penalties on onside kicks is pretty limited (I found one), so I don't fully guarantee I got every declined penalty right. If anyone finds errors here, let me know and I'll dig deeper.

My focus right now is on getting scoring plays finished, which means more research into punt plays (I'm close, but tracking down a few more fields), FG plays, and onside kicks. As always I am keeping my 010 editor templates for the binary files updated on GitHub as I make progress.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #80
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Greg, here's the before/after of the game's text output, making it clear why "mark drafted" isn't working.

FOF7
1. Cincinnati - Swinton, Charlie, DE, Western Illinois
2. Washington - Marsh, Cornelius, QB, Arkansas
3. Jacksonville - Prior, Jameson, DE, Duke
4. Pittsburgh - Diaz, Kenyon, OLB, Ohio State
5. Kansas City - Bates, Zack, QB, Mississippi State
6. Dallas - Donovan, Bucky, RB, Mississippi State
7. San Diego - Kinney, Alfredo, CB, Florida State

FOF8
Pick #1 - Tampa Bay - Witt, Ellis, QB, James Madison
Pick #2 - Arizona - Richiardi, Brady, DE, Wake Forest
Pick #3 - San Francisco - Davis, Herb, DT, Fairfield
Pick #4 - Denver - Shapiro, Junior, QB, Washington
Pick #5 - Buffalo - Humphries, Alexander, CB, Notre Dame
Pick #6 - San Diego - Hastings, Devan, DT, Georgia
Pick #7 - Cincinnati - Shade, D.J., RB, Eastern Michigan

Mark Drafted works just fine when pulling from within the game (ie. sp), but I'm doing my first mp draft and pulling from Conscriptor (ie. here) DA is giving me the "Could not find player name on drafted line" error.

I can manually enter the picks in DA, but I'd rather not have to do that for the entire draft. How are others getting around this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Conscriptor is version 2.6.1 and DA is version 8.1.4.0.

Edit: Hooper hooked us up with the fixes from Aston and Ben. All is well now. Thanks!

Last edited by garion333 : 02-10-2017 at 11:29 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #81
SocratesJC
n00b

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but didn't we have a 'Game Plan Analyzer' for FoF7? Any chance for something like that being developed for FoF8?
SocratesJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #82
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesJC View Post
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but didn't we have a 'Game Plan Analyzer' for FoF7? Any chance for something like that being developed for FoF8?

Maybe, but not until I'm done cracking the Solevision files to finish up scoring plays. After that I need to crack the new formation and playcalling stuff, then I can consider Game Plan Analyzer, since you really need to know specific plays now.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #83
SocratesJC
n00b

Quote:
Maybe, but not until I'm done cracking the Solevision files to finish up scoring plays. After that I need to crack the new formation and playcalling stuff, then I can consider Game Plan Analyzer, since you really need to know specific plays now.

That would be awesome!

...by far the most useful tool I've used in FOF.
SocratesJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 PM   #84
Seahawk76
n00b

Does anyone else have an issue with Norton Internet Security helpfully removing the WindowUtility.dll for my computers safety? Haven't found a way to tell NIS this is safe, so wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.
Seahawk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:12 AM   #85
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Is this when you install or after? Make sure you don't really have a virus trying to infect that DLL...
Old 03-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #86
nexttwelveexits
n00b

I'm trying to use the Draft Analyzer for the first time, but I can't seem to load the rookie class. It's telling me it can't find the rookie file, and I can't find the rookies.csv file manually either. I'm currently in FA1 of my sp game. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
nexttwelveexits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #87
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttwelveexits View Post
I'm trying to use the Draft Analyzer for the first time, but I can't seem to load the rookie class. It's telling me it can't find the rookie file, and I can't find the rookies.csv file manually either. I'm currently in FA1 of my sp game. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

c:\Users\[your user name]\App Data\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Eight\leaguedata\[league name]

App Data is a hidden folder, so make sure you can see hidden folders. What version of Windows are you using?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #88
nexttwelveexits
n00b

I was able to find it and load a class. Now I'm just trying to decode all the information being presented to me. Thanks for your response!
nexttwelveexits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:17 AM   #89
smacneill
n00b

Draft Analyzer, Player IDs do not match up

Quote:

*** Update ***

Oh, I see the problem. My draft_personal.csv hasn't updated with the members of rookies.csv. How odd! Oh well....

Hi

Greg, thanks for all you work, very cool. utilities. Was the playerids fix above just for PlayerTracker? I seem to have something similar in DA.

"
Parse Error
Player IDs do not match up:
8207,Lassner,Johnny,QB,Boston College,73,219,484,16,6,780,95,70,19,29
"

The line starting 8207 matches the entry in rookies.csv. There are 4 lines after that one, mostly zeros, don't what they are.

DA 8.1.4.0
FOF8 8.0c (Steam)

This is SP, start of 8th season. All was fine the previous seasons.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone.

Stewart

Last edited by smacneill : 03-31-2017 at 11:01 AM.
smacneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:43 AM   #90
Ben E Lou

Can someone remind me of the definition of "successful" plays? I believe Greg uses the Football Outsiders definition, but a quick search makes it appear that it's not easy to find.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #91
TMA
n00b

This is from the FO methods page, which might be what you're looking for:

On first down, a play is considered a success if it gains 45 percent of needed yards; on second down, a play needs to gain 60 percent of needed yards; on third or fourth down, only gaining a new first down is considered success.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Methods To Our Madness
TMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #92
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can someone remind me of the definition of "successful" plays? I believe Greg uses the Football Outsiders definition, but a quick search makes it appear that it's not easy to find.

Code:
bool IsPlaySuccessful(short yardsGained, short down, short distance) { short yardsNeeded = distance; if (down == 1) { yardsNeeded = (short)((distance * 4) / 10); } else if (down == 2) { yardsNeeded = (short)((distance * 6) / 10); } return (yardsGained >= yardsNeeded); }
Old 05-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #93
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Anybody else having trouble getting Player Tracker to run?
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #94
The Duke
n00b

Draft Analyzer N00b reporting in. How do I keep track of drafted players during a draft? Can I export the drafted players from the Conscriptor and import these in the Analyzer? Everyone keep drafting players from my list and I'm losin' track
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #95
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Draft Analyzer N00b reporting in. How do I keep track of drafted players during a draft? Can I export the drafted players from the Conscriptor and import these in the Analyzer? Everyone keep drafting players from my list and I'm losin' track

Click in Analyzer, at the end of the Top line wirhin the conscriptor, then copy paste the list in the relevant box within the Draft analyzer. It should do
Old 05-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #96
The Duke
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Click in Analyzer, at the end of the Top line wirhin the conscriptor, then copy paste the list in the relevant box within the Draft analyzer. It should do

Really? That simple? Yup, it works!
Thanks Shark!
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:35 AM   #97
Trence
n00b

Hi, I've got a quick question for you experts. On the draft analyzer tool, what do the numbers under where it says 'All Positions" mean? For example, if it says 100 combine and 10 bars, does that mean it values combine scores ten times that of the bar values?
Trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #98
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Pretty much, those are the weights used when calculating the rating numer
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #99
garion333
High School Varsity

Greg, would it be possible (ie. easy) in Draft Analyzer for you to add a third WR group in the combine weights screen for slot receivers? Having only FL and SE in there limits the results and I'd like to be able to target some slot guys easier.

Last edited by garion333 : 07-06-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #100
unbbmas
n00b

Hello I have download the Bin file ,I have extracted the files and I have run the files and nothing happens ,I'm using windows 10 ,any idea what is the problem ? thank you

Last edited by unbbmas : 09-23-2017 at 01:00 PM.
unbbmas is offline   Reply With Quote