Pro Starter

I submitted for doing puzzles

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #52
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
ok put in my action to do the rowing due to my stamina also said to put in extra effort too...this is a must win challenge today

I've put in normal effort for now (average endurance, average teamwork, and excellent strength). If you guys think I should put in extra effort let me know. We really need to maximize our chances of winning this thing because fire is extremely important (also it be great if we didn't have to go to tribal).

Also, I think I've said this before, but I have poor camp skills and average food gathering skills. I think getting camp in order is more important, but should I allocate my points towards food gathering for day two?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #53
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I've put in normal effort for now (average endurance, average teamwork, and excellent strength). If you guys think I should put in extra effort let me know. We really need to maximize our chances of winning this thing because fire is extremely important (also it be great if we didn't have to go to tribal).

Also, I think I've said this before, but I have poor camp skills and average food gathering skills. I think getting camp in order is more important, but should I allocate my points towards food gathering for day two?

let's see what day 1 and the challenge bring first.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #54
The Jackal
Coordinator

I submitted rowing last night, and as you can likely guess I'll be on food a lot of the time
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #55
Autumn
Head Coach

Challenge deadline. I will work on the results and narrate the challenge in a short while.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #56
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY ONE CHALLENGE

Boats & Ladders

The two tribes assemble for a challenge for the first time in this season of Survivor. Starting on their own beaches, across the bay from each other, each tribe waits for the call and then bursts into action. Their first task, build a boat that will help them reach the center of the bay where a lit torch awaits them.

All seven tribe members help, taking the vines, bamboo, coconuts and other materials that have been assembled for them and attempting to form it into a craft. The task is clearly a challenge for some, while others jump right into fashioning something. Both beaches are filled with the sounds of the tribe members calling to each other heatedly, grabbing at materials and directing each other, sometimes to contradictory effect.

The Villagers are the first to make some progress, their boat taking shape while the Werewolves are still attempting to find an initial structure. While Hoopsguy is at a loss and contents himself to back on the villager beach, handing materials to others as he can, the others seem to get on the same page, Darth Vilus and Chesapeake leading the design and getting the raft finished.

The Werewolves struggle to keep up the pace, J23, Jackal and Greyroofoo all getting their hands into the construction, but the others less sure how to proceed. Things seem dire as the Villagers are pulling far ahead, but SnDvls pulls the group together keeping the various builders from going in different directions and lining the materials up for them. With his efforts the Werewolves get their craft into the water only shortly after the Villagers.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #57
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I think we may lose this one
we did not organize all the minute details just the major ones
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #58
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think we may lose this one
we did not organize all the minute details just the major ones

Judging from the loss and the wording of the challenge, it sounds like maybe we send more actions then just who is rowing and who is on the puzzle?

For example, should we designate someone as the leader for the puzzles and if there are objects to grab, who should grab them?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #59
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

can't hurt
Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #60
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Judging from the loss and the wording of the challenge, it sounds like maybe we send more actions then just who is rowing and who is on the puzzle?

For example, should we designate someone as the leader for the puzzles and if there are objects to grab, who should grab them?

my guess too. Not to sound like sour grapes, but it's crap when that's not spelled out in the rules or in the challenge or even when Darth asked a question that sort of addresses it it's stated the we only need to submit to what part of the challenge we are doing. Kinda pisses me off a bit actually.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #61
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Autumn - did everyone PM you with a job/role for the challenge? If not who didn't?

Also will we be required to tell you every detail of every challenge from here on out? if yes please give us all the details of every challenge from here on out thanks (i.e. what is or isn't required to be reported/worked out like we didn't need to gather stuff to build the boat today.) Also if multiple say they will do something (like be the leader or grab an object) who's action takes presidence the first or last person to PM you?

Just want some clarification before the next challenge.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #62
SnDvls
Pro Starter

why is maple leafs in our thread????

WTF???

I have a screan cap for proof if needed
Old 06-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #63
Autumn
Head Coach

SnDvls, yes everybody sent in a PM.

You are not required to send in any particular level of detail. Some of what you saw in the results was a result of the villagers deciding on a detail that you guys did not. Some of it was just a result of the particular ratings involved in the challenge, as I decided to narrate it.

As I stated in the rules, the plan you come up with in thread, how appropriate it is, how consistent the PMs that get sent in to me are all will affect your performance. IN your particular question, if several people messaged me to do the same thing, I would determine on a case by case basis what happens, but that fact would affect the performance of that action in a negative way.

I guess what I want to say is that I wrote up the results the way I did to try to let you know what sort of things might help or harm challenge results, not to suggest you did not do something you should have.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #64
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY ONE CAMP RESULTS

It is your first day on the island and you are stranded there among the cameramen with only a machete, a pot and some canteens. You get busy before sunset to find some way to survive on this island.

People scatter about, exploring the island, looking for what they can do to help. You count yourselves lucky to find great sources of food, filling up the camp stores with bananas, coconuts and berries. In particular, The Jackal and J23 fill up the larder. Jackal manages to actually catch some small game with some traps he readies, providing a big heap of promising meat to be dried, and hopefully cooked, eventually J23 manages to spear a number of fish and find some crabs, himself and the tribe enjoys a much more satisfying meal tonight than any of you expected. Indeed, you still have enough food for tomorrow.

Some work on putting together a shelter for the night. The work doesn't go particularly well though, no one having a clear idea exactly what to do, and most heading off to gather food before anything that useful has been finished. When the rain comes you find yourself huddled under a haphazard roof of leaves that leaks and blows away in the wind. There is some structure there, but it does next to nothing so far to shelter you. You do not look forward to your first night here.

Between your efforts in the challenge and working today, your nutritious meal, and then a long miserable night exposed to the elements, you will each lose 6 health points. SnDvls in particular looks rough, having pulled some muscle during the challenge and just looking exhausted. It has struck you how miserable surviving on this island could be.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #65
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

WTF???

I saw him a little awhile ago in this thread actually. I figured he had accidentally clicked on the thread (I did that once on the villager thread actually and immediately hit the back button) and hit the refresh button a few times and then he was gone. I also saw his name for the second time in this thread just a minute ago.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #66
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:

WTF???

lol, I gots me a screen shot as well
Old 06-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #67
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I saw him a little awhile ago in this thread actually. I figured he had accidentally clicked on the thread (I did that once on the villager thread actually and immediately hit the back button) and hit the refresh button a few times and then he was gone. I also saw his name for the second time in this thread just a minute ago.

it's still showing there for me...I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but he's been in here for a long time
Old 06-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #68
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - his profile is showing that he's actually now "viewing the thread"
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #69
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Would sending in a vote for maple leafs be prudent?

Or would it just make me look like a cry-baby for losing the challenge.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #70
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Would sending in a vote for maple leafs be prudent?

Or would it just make me look like a cry-baby for losing the challenge.

LOL
Old 06-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #71
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Between your efforts in the challenge and working today, your nutritious meal, and then a long miserable night exposed to the elements, you will each lose 6 health points.

Thought I'd point this out in case anyone missed it. We each probably want to use one effort point on resting so none of us get knocked out of the game and so we don't completely suck in the next challenge.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #72
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Old 06-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #73
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also just a guess, but I'd imagine that everyone in the other tribe also lost some health points.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #74
Racer
College Benchwarmer

The one thing I'll say in regards to the MapleLeafs thing is that if he had truly had intentions of breaking the rules, he probably would have viewed this thread as a guest. Still he could have been reading this thread not realizing it was against the rules.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #75
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also just a guess, but I'd imagine that everyone in the other tribe also lost some health points.

I would guess that they all lost 3-4 for the challenge and then depending on their food/shelter would have lost more. Seems like we lost a lot with the amount of food we gathered today. Typically in Survivor food is more important than shelter in the early days, then the trend starts to turn as you are subjected to the elements and become tired from all the challenges you need more rest...just my opinion on the matter though.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #76
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'll openly take suggestions on who to vote out tonight too. I'm leaning towards the standard WW tatic...the quiet ones

especially in a game like this where we need a team as there is no true werewolf
Old 06-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #77
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

J23 manages to spear a number of fish and find some crabs, himself and the tribe enjoys a much more satisfying meal tonight than any of you expected. Indeed, you still have enough food for tomorrow.

Between your efforts in the challenge and working today, your nutritious meal, and then a long miserable night exposed to the elements, you will each lose 6 health points.

Quote:
I would guess that they all lost 3-4 for the challenge and then depending on their food/shelter would have lost more. Seems like we lost a lot with the amount of food we gathered today. Typically in Survivor food is more important than shelter in the early days, then the trend starts to turn as you are subjected to the elements and become tired from all the challenges you need more rest...just my opinion on the matter though.

SnDvls, I would read it again. Based on what Autumn said, I would say we lost our points from the challenge and our crappy shelter since we apparently have food left over. I should probably devote my points to resting and food since I'm poor at camp (as should whoever is excellent at food finding), but I think most of our tribe should be focusing on recuperating and shelter building.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #78
Danny
Head Coach

I put two effort points into shelter so it's a shame we couldn't come up with a better shelter.

Challenge results sucked, but we should have a better idea of how to structure our submitted actions going forward.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #79
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Talking

Quote:
SnDvls, I would read it again. Based on what Autumn said, I would say we lost our points from the challenge and our crappy shelter since we apparently have food left over. I should probably devote my points to resting and food since I'm poor at camp (as should whoever is excellent at food finding), but I think most of our tribe should be focusing on recuperating and shelter building.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I would think that with the amount of food we found that we would NOT have lost so much health as we could gain some back with the food since we seem to have leftovers.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #80
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - agree on the shelter building...we really need to sort this out tonight so we have a united front on who is doing what.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #81
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I guess I wasn't clear enough. I would think that with the amount of food we found that we would NOT have lost so much health as we could gain some back with the food since we seem to have leftovers.

I'll definitely be using one point to recuperate.

Any thoughts on whether I should use my other points towards camp (poor at) or food (average at)? I wish I was more useful around camp.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #82
Danny
Head Coach

Priorities should be recuperating and working on camp. We appear to have extra food.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #83
Autumn
Head Coach

Guys, I spoke with Maple Leafs. He didn't understand that the tribe threads were private, but upon rereading the rules he understands that they are. He apologizes and that should be all cleared up now.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #84
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sure who to vote for tonight. However, I think we need to have more active thinking in this thread so I'll vote for someone who hasn't said much. I would hate to have to vote off my initial impressions of the people who haven't said much, but as of right now that's how I would have vote as I don't see much else that makes one person a better option to keep then another.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #85
Autumn
Head Coach

I should have highlighted in the camp summary that a good deal of your misery is due to the lack of a fire. You know that if you had a way to keep warm and dry things out after a rainstorm, as well as cook food, you'd be in much better shape.

Last edited by Autumn : 06-07-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #86
Racer
College Benchwarmer

So basically, I really hope everyone starts talking more so it makes it easier tonight's vote easier.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #87
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I should have highlighted in the camp summary that a good deal of your misery is due to the lack of a fire. You know that if you had a way to keep warm and dry things out after a rainstorm, as well as cook food, you'd be in much better shape.

Hi guys,

I just pm'd Autumn to see if we can put effort points towards trying to create fire, specifically using a pair of glasses (if anyone wears a pair) and tinder. On the real life show people have actually been successful with that method before.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #88
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hi guys,

I just pm'd Autumn to see if we can put effort points towards trying to create fire, specifically using a pair of glasses (if anyone wears a pair) and tinder. On the real life show people have actually been successful with that method before.

Alright guys, this is huge. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with quoting Autumn's PM directly since it's mechanics related.

From Autumn:

"I would certainly allow you or someone to spend points to try that, yes. It seems possible that someone might have the ability to pull that off. Since you are asking, I'll let you know that SnDvl's surgeon is the only tribe member with glasses."
Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #89
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also, not sure it will make a difference, but for camp tomorrow, I requested that I primarily carry things such as bamboo logs and covering to the camp site since I have excellent strength.

Should I revise it to cutting bamboo (wondering if that is more strength based or camp skills based)?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #90
The Jackal
Coordinator

Interesting. Sorry I haven't been more active, had a busy weekend and I've been sick the last day. I don't have much of an indication of where to vote except that CF seemed to do poorly in the rowing. But I don't know who I'll vote for.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #91
Danny
Head Coach

Interesting.

Regarding the vote, I also lean towards voting someone who is less active. It seems going forward we really need everyone to be active and work together to improve on our outcomes.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #92
The Jackal
Coordinator

Personally I don't think I'll be voting for J as he and I gathered a ton of food, nor SnD for the effort he showed, he'll need to recuperate some tonight.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #93
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'm out for the rest of the night but I've submitted a vote and actions, will check back late or tomorrow morning
Old 06-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #94
J23
College Benchwarmer

I unfortunately will have to rest with a good chunk of my effort points tomorrow. I received a PM stating that I'd be basically useless in a challenge until I rested up a bit.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #95
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I would have been worse at puzzlnig for sure. I gathered food and built shelter, but now that I know more about things I will probably spend ALL my points on shelter tomorrow. I'll be ready for the swimming challenges. Hope they come quickly I'll ace that.

Let's spend as many shelter points tomorrow as possible.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #96
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I give anyone that wants permission to use my glasses to start fire
Old 06-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #97
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

What kind of skill set do you think is best for trying to start a fire with glasses?

If its puzzles then I'm your guy.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #98
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
What kind of skill set do you think is best for trying to start a fire with glasses?

If its puzzles then I'm your guy.

Maybe Camp? Maybe being calm? A combination of the two? (another possibility scrappy)
Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #99
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll let you guys know, just because I think it may be too vague of a term, that Scrappy in the game refers to physical feistiness, ability to fight for something or fight someone off, for example.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #100
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also, I think it is necessary for it to be sunny out for someone to start a fire with a pair of sunglasses and tinder (I could be leaving out stuff you need to). Whoever tries to start it might want to submit two conditions on how two use their effort points (one if it's sunny and one's if it's rainy or cloudy).

It also might be good for two people to puts efforts towards starting a fire together to increase our chances.