Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

FBCB: Interactive dynasty

Alright guys, I'm going to try this, as I've gotten good responses from some of the people over at the TDCB. I'm taking the first 6 names I get for this first season, so if you don't get yours in on time, I'll just add you to year 2. I will take the names and edit them to the top rated recruit in that particular region, for that particular position, then follow the recruiting trail, all the way through college, and the NBA if anybody makes it. Here is the format to send me your high school players and info:

Player name
Height/Weight
Position
High School
City, State

Hope to get this going as soon as possible, so please guys, get me some players to work with.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
Travis
Pro Rookie

Player name: Travis Elkin
Height/Weight: 6'2, 220
Position: PG
High School: Minneapolis Roosevelt H.S.
City, State: Minneapolis, Minnesota

:Edit: Sorry about that, full name is there now.

Last edited by Travis : 04-07-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kyle Kappe
6-4 200
SG
Temple City High School
Temple City, Ca
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 AM   #4
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Alright, 2 to start. I'll more than likely add myself if I'm running short. Travis, what's the last name for your guy? Need first and last please.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #5
JeffNights
College Prospect

Jeff Nights
6-5 245
SF
Wyandotte Roosevelt H.S.
Wyandotte, Michigan
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:22 AM   #6
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Larry McGillicuddy
6-6, 235
SF
Palm Bay HS
Melbourne, FL

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 AM   #7
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sunny Verma
6'5'' 223
SG
Neuqua Valley HS
Naperville, IL
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:57 AM   #8
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Player name - Brian Butts
Height/Weight - 6'2 215
Position - Sg
High School Oak Park
City, State Kansas City, Mo
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #9
rjolley
College Starter

Rick Jolley
6'9/245
PF
Roosevelt
Gary, IN
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #10
st.cronin
General Manager

Sean Treacy
6'7" 225
SF
Harwich High School
Harwich, MA
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #11
Recoil
High School Varsity

Coy Childress
7'1, 285
C
Canton High School
Canton, GA
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #12
JeeberD
General Manager

JeeberD Mack
6'9" 250lbs
PF
Irvin High School
El Paso, Texas

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #13
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Dylan Airhart
5'9 170
PG
Litchfield Highschool
Litchfield Minnesota
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #14
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rob Nielsen
6'4", 210
PG
Palm Springs High School
Palm Springs, CA
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Danny Wilson
6'10", 260 lbs
C
Detroit Catholic Central
Redford, MI
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:08 PM   #16
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Danny Wilson
6'10", 260 lbs
C
Detroit Catholic Central
Redford, MI

A Shamrock?
ewwww

Old 04-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
A Shamrock?
ewwww

Haha. I'd use my own school but come on, realisim!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ha JeffNights, I gotta ask now, where'd you go?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #19
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Player name Deke Prosser
Height/Weight 6'9"//274
Position PF
High School: Sidney Lanier High School
City, State: Montgomery, AL
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #20
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Wow, thank you guys. I didn't really expect that much of a response. I believe I counted 14 players that were given to me on this message board, plus 1 from the FBCB message board so far. I added myself to season 1, so I'll have 8 recruits this season, and 8 next season. This means I'm not taking anymore recruits for 2 years, so please guys, refrain from giving me anymore names until I say it's time again. Thanks. I have errands to run today, and work tonight, so I probably won't be getting the initial report ready until later on tonight. Then I'll give where the first 8 recruits are as far as their rank nationally and regionally. Now, this is my first time trying a dynasty report like this, so bear with me, and be patient. It may not start off quite so good, but it'll get where I want it to be. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #21
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Ha JeffNights, I gotta ask now, where'd you go?

I used my own schoool.

GO Bears.

I dont think Roosevelt and C.C. ever competed agianst each other expect in wrestling, and that was at the bigger team invitationals.

At the time, we were quite good at wrestling, and they were some great battles.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #22
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Season Preview

Alright guys, I'm finally ready to begin this diary. After going through and editing the top ranked players in the region of the positions for the first 8 players, I came up with 2 5 star recruits, and 6 4 star recruits. I did have to go out of region for a couple players, otherwise we'd have ended up with a few 3 star recruits. So without further adeu, here is a look at the first elite eight recruiting class.

SF Jeff Nights (6'5", 245, Wyandotte Roosevelt HS, Wyandotte, MI) ranked #1 nationally
Top 5 Schools: UCLA, Florida, Duke, Cincinnati, Oklahoma
Scouting Report: Very balanced offensive game with good ratings inside and three point, also has good steal ratings on the defensive end. He's averaging 15.6 ppg and shooting 29.4% from three point land.

SG Kyle Kappe (6'4'', 200, Temple City HS, Temple City, CA) - #2
Top 5 Schools: California, Utah St., Oklahoma St., Syracuse, Fresno St.
Scouting Report: An absolutely lights out shooter, with a three point rating of 82, and a potential of A in that category! He's averaging 18.1 points a game, and shooting 34.6% from three point land.

SF Larry McGillicuddy (6'6", 235, Palm Bay HS, Melbourne, Fl) - #12
Top 5 Schools: UCLA, Miami, Virginia, Cincinnati, Indiana
Scouting Report: His stock is really dropping, as he is only averaging 9 points a game his senior year. He doesn't really have one particular category which he excels in. He could end up at a mid-major school before it's over with.

PG Travis Elkin (6'2", 220, Minneapolis Roosevelt HS, Minneapolis, MN) - #14
Top 5 Schools: Ohio St., Oklahoma, N.C. State, Stanford, Georgia
Scouting Report: Already handles and dishes the ball well, but expected to get even better before it's over with. He's about as quick as you can get, with solid hands on the defensive end. He's averaging 15.3 points and 4.2 assists per game.

SF Bryce Good (6'6", 231, Argos HS, Argos, IN) - #17
Good will enter the NBA draft
Scouting report: Bryce definitely has the stats to be playing in the NBA next year, as he is putting up 17 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists a game. I'm not sure he'll have a stellar NBA career though, as most of his potential ratings are C's and D's, with a couple B's, and even 1 F. A couple years of college would probably do him some good.

SG Brian Butts (6'2", 215, Oak Park HS, Kansas City, MO) - #18
Top 5 Schools: New Mexico, California, St. Johns, Oklahoma St., Iowa
Scouting Report: Another guy that seems to be just an average player, as his stats and ratings don't exactly excite anybody. He does slash to the basket nicely, with a nice inside game, but is definitely not a good passer. He's averaging 15.4 points a game.

SF Mike Schaplowsky (6'4", 210, Wichita West HS, Wichita, KS) - #26
Top 5 Schools: Iowa, New Mexico, Oklahoma St., St. Johns, Syracuse
Scouting Report: A pretty strong shooter, with good potential to get better in college. Din't let him pass the ball much though, his pass rating is only 8. And definitely, definitely keep him away from the boards. He averages 3 rebounds a game, and almost all of them are on the offensive end. He is the least likely of our elite 8 to succeed.

SG Sunny Verma (6'5", 223, Neuqua Valley High School, Naperville, IL) - #30
Top 5 Schools: Syracuse, Iowa, Tennessee, Illinois, Cincinnati
Scouting Report: As expected out of a SG, all his shot ratings are pretty high, with good potential at all of them. He is struggling with his long range shot this year however, making only about 1 of 4 attempts. He also isn't a very strong rebounder, and tends to make quite a few defensive mistakes.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #23
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

October 1, 2003

Indiana Times

Good to declare for NBA draft

SF Bryce Good from Argos High School in Argos, Indiana has entered the NBA draft. Good is averaging 17 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 4.1 assists a game, and was being recruited by UCLA, California, UConn, Ohio St., and N.C. State before making his announcement. He was named Mr. Basketball in the state of Indiana last year, and is ranked 17th overall in the nation, and the 5th best SF in the nation. Early projections have him going anywhere from the middle of the first round to the early second round. Good luck to him.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #24
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

One thing I've forgot to mention is that jksander wanted me to add him as an assistant coach and track his progess, so I've started him at IPFW (per his choice)
Old 04-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #25
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As we get set to open up the season, we've had all but one of our recruits sign. Let's take a look at who is going where.

SF Jeff Nights(MI)

The #1 player in the nation signed a letter of intent with the Bruins of UCLA, surprising many people that thought he would stay close to home. "I just haven't been impressed enough to sign with Michigan, and Michigan St. doesn't offer the major I want. UCLA is an up and coming team, plus they have my major, so it was a pretty easy decision." Jeff was also getting looks from Florida, Oklahoma, Duke, and Maryland.

SF Larry McGillicuddy(FL)

It looked like UCLA might have a very solid recruiting class coming in, as Larry was very close to signing with the Bruins as well, but he decided he wanted to be a lot closer to home, so he signed with Miami. "I just decided that having my friends and family like 3,000 miles away from me just wasn't right for me. I know Miami may struggle a little bit in the ACC, but I feel confident I can help them out." Also in the running for Larry was Virginia, Cincinnati, and Indiana.

SG Kyle Kappe(CA)

Kyle will see a lot of another of our elite eight members, as he signed with California. He and Jeff Nights will see each other at least twice a year since Jeff signed with UCLA. Utah St. was the surprise school in the mix for Kyle, but he decided he would rather play for a more higher profile school. "Although Utah St. has been very impressive the last couple years, I felt that I was better suited to be at UCLA, where I'll have a much better chance at playing in the NCAA Tournament." Besides Utah St., Oklahoma St., Syracuse, and Oklahoma offered Kyle a scholarship.

SG Brian Butts(MO)

Brian may be the only elite 8 recruit this year that doesn't sign with a school in a power conference, as he decided to ink with New Mexico. "I've heard that the Lobos will really be looking for a SG next year, and they just had the right offer for me. The Mountain West Conference is always competitve anyways." Brian was also being hotly recruited by California, St. Johns, Iowa, and Oklahoma St.

SG Sunny Verma(IL)

Sunny will be calling the Big Apple home for at least the next year, as he signed with the Syracuse Orangemen today, ending all speculation that he may sign with his hometown Illini, who were in the mix for him. "How can you not want to sign with a team that just recently won the national championship, and is returning quite a few of those core guys. I'm hoping to come in and lead the Orange back to the title game next year." Aside from Illinois, Sunny also was contacted by Iowa, Tennesse, and Cincinnati.

PG Travis Elkin(MN)

Travis will be signing with a big 10 rival of his hometown Gophers, as he inked with Ohio St. earlier this month. "The Buckeyes are a tremendous fit, and are in much better shape to reach postseason player next year. Nothing against Minnesota, I loved the school, but I think I'll have a better shot here at OSU." The Gophers weren't even in Travis' top 5, instead he considered Oklahoma, N.C. State, Georgia, and Cincinnati.

This just leaves SF Mike Schaplowsky (me!)

SF Mike Schaplowsky

"Mike is having a tough time getting looked at, because he's only been playing basketball for 2 years" said his high school coach, Kevin Hartley. He has been contacted by the likes of Iowa, New Mexico, Syracuse, Oklahoma St., and St. Johns, but has not yet been offered any scholarships. One can only hope this young man ends up somewhere, even if it is a local school like Wichita St., or even UMKC or Kansas St.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #26
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As we enter December, we still have one recruit that has not yet signed.

SF Mike Schaplowsky

Mike is still working hard, but still has yet to be offered a scholarship. The only thing that has changed from last month is that Syracuse has lost interest, and Maryland has picked up interest. "The coach at Syracuse, what's his name? Boeheim or something? He's just mad because I made a joke that his guys got lucky against Kansas last year, and now they don't want to sign me. Oh well, their loss." Mike's #1 right now is Iowa, and rumor has it they are very close to offering him a scholarship
Old 04-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #27
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Finally!

We start off 2004 on a good note, as SF Mike Schaplowsky was finally offered a scholarship for the Oklahoma St. Cowboys, and he was quick to accept. "It could be fun playing against Kansas and Kansas St. I've been looking at the Cowboys for a while now, and when they offered me a scholarship, I had to accept. After all, you never know if I'd have been offered another one or not." Mike will have a lot of talent playing beside him next year, and there is already talk about him being redshirted. "If it happens, it happens. I can wait another year to play if need be, but as a redshirt I can still practice with the team, which would give me valuable experience for when I do finally play."

Also, we caught up with Jonathan Sanders, the young assistant coach at IPFW. IPFW is an independent team which is just 3-11 on the young season. Sanders has been widely credited in the signing of C Beau McGinley, a one star recruit who signed with IPFW. "Beau is a good pickup, he'll help us in the middle. We've got good solid wins against Austin Peay, Buffalo, and Liberty. I don't expect to be a division 1 coach anytime soon, but maybe after a couple years here, I can get on as an assistant with a team that actually plays in a conference." Good luck to him.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:21 AM   #28
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2003-2004 Season Wrap-Up

NBA Draft

Many people thought it was a huge mistake for Bryce Good to declare for the NBA draft his senior year of high school. The concensus was that he didn't have enough potential to be a quality player yet, let alone a star. It seems those predictions were right, as the NBA draft went by, and Good's name was not called. In fact, it took until the last day of the free agent period for Bryce to get on with an NBA team, as the Philadelphia 76ers finally signed him to a 1 year contract for $322,817. Looks like Bryce may have made a big mistake.

How elite 8 teams fared

It's actually the elite 7 this year, since Bryce made the mistake of going pro, but I thought it would be fitting to review how the 7 different teams that signed a member of our elite recruiting class ended their seasons.

UCLA (Jeff Nights)

The Bruins had a bit of a rough year, finishing 17-15 overall and 10-8 in the Pac Ten Conference. They got a bid to the NIT tournament, but lost in the first round.

Miami (Larry McGillicuddy)

The Hurricanes made a decision showing in their first year in the always tough ACC, finishing with a 16-16 record, 8-8 in the conference. That showing was good enough to get them into the NIT, but they also lost in the first round.

California (Kyle Kappe)

The Golden Bears had a tough season, finishing 15-16 overall and 8-10 in the Pac Ten Conference. They were not invited to postseason play.

New Mexico (Brian Butts)

New Mexico had a lot of success this year, finishing 23-10 with a 9-5 record in the Mountain West Conference. They also won the Mountain West tournament, earning an automatic berth into the NCAA Tournament. They made a good showing there, winning their first round game before bowing out in the second round.

Syracuse (Sunny Verma)

The Orange had an incredible season, finishing 31-6 overall, and going 15-1 in the Big East conference. They won the Top of the World Invitational, and also run through the Big East tournament, before finally losing in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.

Ohio St. (Travis Elkin)

Ohio St. also had a successful year, winning the Las Vegas Invitational and going 13-3 in the Big Ten conference which was enough to make them the Big Ten regular season champions. They lost in the semifinals of the Big Ten tournament, but still received an at-large berth into the NCAA Tournament where they lost in the Sweet Sixteen. The Buckeyes finished 27-8 overall.

Oklahoma St. (Mike Schaplowsky)

The Cowboys won the Great Alaska Shootout and went 11-5 in the Big Twelve conference. They were invited to the NCAA Tournament, but were upset in the first round. They finished with an overall record of 24-8

Jonathan Sanders: Assistant coach

Jonathan did some good things over at IPFW, as the team still finished a dismal 7-21, and had the 274th best recruiting class. It was good enough for him to get a call from Jerrod Goings at UTEP, who offered him a spot as the new scouting director. Jonathan quickly accepted. "I'm going to be scouting for a team that plays in Conference USA. That's almost better than being a head coach at a low prestige school. Notice I said almost."

Well folks, the first year of this interactive dynasty is in the books. I hope you all have enjoyd thus far. In this second year, not only will I be going through the recruiting results for the second elite eight class, but I will also being going through game by game for our 7 elite eight recruits from this year. I'll be telling how their team does and how the player does. It could be a lengthy process, so I'll probably only do a couple weeks at a time in a post. Any comments or suggestions guys, feel free. And you guys that have a recruit, or a college player now, or even Bryce Good, add your comments please. That's why I started this dynasty, to get people involved

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 04-30-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:40 AM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Keep up the good work.

Danny Wilson domination soon.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:51 AM   #30
larrymcg421
Head Coach

First time in one of these dynasties I've signed for my favorite team. Hope I can take them to the ACC title.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:11 AM   #31
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Looks to be interesting, I will be reading
Old 04-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #32
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms
Jonathan Sanders: Assistant coach
It was good enough for him to get a call from Jerrod Goings at UTEP, who offered him a spot as the new scouting director.

Woot!

Mr Sanders, your job will be to destroy those evil Lobos and Brian Butts...

Old 04-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #33
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Season Preview

Preseason Tournaments

Syracuse (Sunny Verma) and UCLA (Jeff Nights) were both selected to play in the 2004 Coaches Invitational.

Ohio St. (Travis Elkin) and New Mexico (Brian Butts) will both be going to the 2004 Great Alaska Shootout, where they will meet in the first round.

Oklahoma St. (Mike Schaplowsky) will play in the 2004 Maui Invitational.

California (Kyle Kappe) will play in the 2004 Top of the World Invitational.

Miami (Larry McGillicuddy) was not invited to a preseason tournament
Old 04-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #34
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2004 Elite Eight Recruiting Class

The Elite Eight for the 2003-04 season is in, and let's take a look at it.

PF Rick Jolley (6-9, 245, Roosevelt HS, Gary, IN) - ranked #2 in nation
Top 5 Schools: Florida, St. Johns, Arkansas, Utah, Texas
Scouting Report: Rick is quite a dominating force inside, with great rebounding and block potential. He has no kind of shot whatsoever, and his inside game continues to improve. He's averaging 9.6 points and 6.4 rebounds a game.

C Coy Childress (7-1, 285, Canton HS, Canton, GA) - #9
Top 5 Schools: Florida, Maryland, Kansas, Iowa, Ohio St.
Scouting Report: Coy is a force inside on the boards, pulling down almost 10 rebounds a game his senior year. He has great rebounding potential, but just average potential in pretty much everything else. He is also averaging 13.2 ppg.

SF Sean Treacy (6-7, 225, Harwich HS, Harwich, MA) - #11
Top 5 Schools: Arkansas, St. Johns, Michigan St., Notre Dame, Texas
Scouting Report: Sean is a great shooter, with unlimited potential to make shots. He's shooting 31% from three point land, and averaging 16.5 ppg. His main weakness right now is free throw shooting, where he only has a rating of 28.

PF JeeberD Mack (6-9, 250, Irvin HS, El Paso, TX) - #12
Top 5 Schools: Stanford, Texas, Georgia, Fresno St., Mississippi
Scouting Report: JeeberD isn't much of an offensive player, as he just doesn't have the ratings or the potential to be a major offensive threat. Defense is his main game, as he averages 2 steals and 3 blocks a game. You can probably expect 5-10 ppg from him, but not much more.

PF Deke Prosser (6-9, 274, Sidney Lanier HS, Montgomery, AL) - #14
Top 5 Schools: Kentucky, Utah, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma St.
Scouting Report: Deke has limited potential to be a college star, with D ratings in 6 of the 12 rating categories. He will give you a great effort on the boards though, as he pulls down 9.2 boards a game.

C Danny Wilson (6-10, 260, Detroit Catholic Central, Redford, MI) - #27
Top 5 Schools: Arizona, St. Johns, Arkansas, Notre Dame, Pepperdine
Scouting Report: Danny averages 14 points and 6 rebounds a game, and you will very rarely see him shoot a three pointer, as his rating is 0, with an F potential. Danny does have the potential to be a good passer for a C, and he has some great inside moves.

PG Dylan Airhart (5-9, 170, Litchfield HS, Litchfield, MN) - #29
Top 5 Schools: Syracuse, Missouri, Illinois, Miami, Memphis
Scouting Report: Dylan could very well be the freshman PG of the year next year, wherever he ends up. He has dynamic passing skills, and he gets his fair share of points as well. Right now he's averaging 14.8 points and 8.8 assists a game. Those are stellar numbers for a high school player.

PG Rob Nielsen (6-4, 210, Palm Springs HS, Palm Springs, CA) - #37
Top 5 Schools: Arizona, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan St., Oklahoma
Scouting Report: This guy doesn't impress me very much, he could be just a college backup. He averages right at 10 points a game, but his assist to turnover ratio is horrible. For every assist he makes, he also commits a turnover. That is not at all what you are looking for out of a PG.

So there you have it, the next group in the interactive dynasty. And guys, I've decided that I won't take anymore players for the next couple seasons. I really think that 16 players is enough to keep track of for a while, without adding 8 new recruits every year. I think that when this first class becomes seniors, I'll add another recruiting class. Hope that is acceptable with everybody. Thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #35
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As we enter November, 6 of our 8 recruits have signed with colleges, 2 at the same college. And I will say this, the SEC will be loaded with freshman talent next year, as 4 of the 6 recruits so far have signed with SEC schools. Let's take a look at who is going where.

C Coy Childress(GA)

Coy passed on Georgia's offer, and instead signed with their football rival, the Florida Gators. "Florida is a damn good team, and they could use a good C like me. I'll do great things for this program.

PF Rick Jolley(IN)

The Gators of Florida will have one heck of a freshman frontcourt next year, as Rick also signed with Florida. "With both me and Coy joining the Gators, the rest of the SEC better look out. It could be a fabulous year.

PF JeeberD Mack(TX)

Jeeber's big focus is on getting a good education, which is why he has decided to go to Stanford University. "I don't expect to have an NBA career, so I want to get a good college education while I'm playing college basketball, and the best place I found to do that was Stanford.

PF Deke Prosser(AL)

Alabama was in the running for Deke until the very end, but the Kentucky Wildcats ended up winning over Prosser at the end. "Kentucky has been more successful over the past few years, and I wanted to go to a more traditional winning basketball program.

SF Sean Treacy(MA)

Sean will be joining Coy, Rick, and Deke in the SEC, as he will be heading to Arkansas to give the Razorbacks a shooter. "Arkansas has really struggled to find good, consistent shooters over the past couple years, and I hope to fill the void they've been missing.

PG Dylan Airhart(MN)

Dylan will be following in the footsteps of some solid PG's, as he will take his act to UConn. "The Huskies already have some solid guards, so I may not play as much this year as I would like to, but I plan on developing into a solid college PG.

And lets take a look at our other 2 recruits that have yet to sign.

C Danny Wilson(MI)

Danny is looking at St. Johns, Arizona, Maryland, Arkansas, and Notre Dame, but St. Johns appears to be the logical choice right now, as they are the only school to offer him a scholarship.

PG Rob Nielsen(CA)

Apparently Rob's turnover problems are scaring teams away, as he has yet to have a scholarship offer sent his way. He wants to go to Arizona, but the Wildcats won't accept his sporadic play, especially considering the top notch PG's they've had in the past. It's anybodys game for Rob right now.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #36
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As we get ready for the 2004 Coaches Invitational, which will feature Syracuse and UCLA, let's take a look at where all of our recruits are on their teams projected depth chart.

Mike Schaplowsky (Oklahoma St.)- 2nd off the bench
Kyle Kappe (California)- Starting SG
Larry McGillicuddy (Miami)- Starting SF
Brian Butts (New Mexico)- Starting SG
Travis Elkin (Ohio St.)- Starting PG
Sunny Verma (Syracuse)- 4th off the bench
Jeff Nights (UCLA)- 4th off the bench

Syracuse is ranked 11th in the preseason polls, while UCLA and California both received votes.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #37
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 2004: Episode 1

Coaches Invitational

Nov. 8

#11 Syracuse- 97, Texas A&M- 61 -- The Orange led 51-28 at halftime, and absolutely destroyed Texas A&M to advance to the quarterfinals against George Washington. Sunny Verma played only 4 minutes, but hit his first three pointer as a college player.

UCLA- 89, Siena- 51 -- UCLA cruised to an easy victory tonight, 47.8% from the field. Jeff Nights played 9 minutes and scored 3 points, all from the free throw line. He also had 2 rebounds.

Nov. 10

#11 Syracuse- 89, George Washington- 69 -- Syracuse came back from a 47-44 halftime deficit and shot 58% from the field, but looked sluggish on the defensive end as GW shot 47% from the field. Verma again saw only 4 minutes of action, and didn't score at all, but did have an assist.

Notre Dame- 76, UCLA- 71-- The Bruins fell short against a tough Notre Dame team in a game that could have went either way. Nights did not score, and only played 4 minutes.

Nov. 12

#11 Syracuse- 65, #4 UConn- 46 -- The Orange really locked down defensively as they forced 23 UConn turnovers. Verma scored 4 points late, and saw 5 minutes of action.

Nov. 14

#2 Arizona- 93, #11 Syracuse- 83 -- The Orange suffered their first loss of the season in the championship game of the coaches classic. After a shootout of a first half, which saw Arizona take a 64-51 lead at halftime, the second half was much, much slower. Verma got his first real action of his young career, getting in 13 minutes thanks to some major foul trouble. 5 players had 4 fouls for the Cuse. Verma had 2 fouls himself, but did score 5 points, all from the line. He also had 2 rebounds an and assist.

Syracuse drops to 13th in the polls, and UCLA lost their votes, but California picked up 5 votes.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 04-10-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #38
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

November 2004: Episode 2

Nov. 15:

Ohio St.- 82, East Tennessee State- 58 -- An easy game for the Buckeyes, as they led by 15 at halftime and never looked back. A solid college debut for Travis Elkin who had 9 points, 5 assists, and 3 rebounds.

Miami- 100, Air Force- 69 -- The Hurricanes showed that they have the ability to put up some points, as they scored 52 in the first half, shooting 52.9% from the field. Larry McGillicuddy had his good and bad points, as he scored 11 points on 3-9 shooting, and pulled down 8 rebounds. Unfortunately his ballhandling wasn't sharp as he committed 5 turnovers.

Nov. 17:

Oklahoma St.- 102, Texas-San Antonio- 66 -- The Cowboys rolled to an easy victory, forcing 22 turnovers and committing just 9. Mike Schaplowsky scored 12 points, shooting 3-6 from the field and 6-7 from the line in his debut.

Marquette- 80, New Mexico- 74 -- The Lobos had no answer for Steve Novak, who put up 31 points on 11-17 shooting. Brian Butts scored 13 points on 6-14 shooting in his debut.

Ohio St.- 85, Xavier- 81 -- The Buckeyes struggled a little bit against Xavier, and absolutely could not stop Romain Sato who put in a career high 42. Elkin had another nice game, dishing out 7 assists in the losing effort.

Nov. 18:

2004 Top of the World Invitational

#24 Arkansas- 93, California- 75 -- The Golden Bears lost in the first round of the Top of the World Invitational, and drop to the losers bracket. California actually played the Razorbacks tough, but just ran out of gas against a much deeper bench. What a debut it was for Kyle Kappe, who scored 36 points on 14-19 shooting, including 6-10 from three point land. He's making himself known early.

Nov. 20:

California- 85, SMU- 78 -- The Golden Bears will play for 5th place in the Top of the World invitational after getting by the Mustangs. Kappe continues to impress, putting in 17 points tonight on 5-14 shooting. He looks to have quite the career ahead of him.

Nov. 21:

#14 Alabama- 78, California- 70 -- The Golden Bears will have to settle for 6th place in the Top of the World Invitational after a tough loss to the Crimson Tide. It's an even more disappointing loss considering they were up by 10 at halftime. It has been rumored that Kappe will be checked for steroid usage soon after putting up 19 points tonight, giving him a total of 72 for the tournament.

Syracuse stays 13th in the polls, while Miami receives 18 votes.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #39
MrBug708
Head Coach

Neuq's at Cuse...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #40
JeeberD
General Manager

Stanford? Meh...

Old 04-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #41
Blade6119
Coordinator

Colton Mayes
6'6", 225 lbs
SG
Desert Mountain High School
Scottsdale, AZ
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #42
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms
And guys, I've decided that I won't take anymore players for the next couple seasons. I really think that 16 players is enough to keep track of for a while, without adding 8 new recruits every year. I think that when this first class becomes seniors, I'll add another recruiting class. Hope that is acceptable with everybody. Thanks

Tough luck, Blade...

Last edited by JeeberD : 04-11-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #43
st.cronin
General Manager

soooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeee
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #44
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Blade, I'll keep your guy on record for future reference. I plan to go through this think pretty quick if I can, maybe doing 2 or 3 weeks a day, if not more. So it shouldn't be but a couple months before I'm ready for another elite eight class. And JeeberD, what's wrong with Stanford?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #45
JeeberD
General Manager

I was just hoping to stay in-state...

Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #46
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well, Texas was your #2, right behind Stanford, if that's any consolation. By the way, what do you think of the way things are running so far? Should I do something different? Add something? Take something away? Let me know, I'm always looking for ways to make this better.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #47
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I like the summaries...personally im more partial to month by month updates rather than game by game but it isnt running too bad just my preference.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #48
JeeberD
General Manager

Things seem to be running great, but don't burn yourself out with the game-by-game recaps. Seems like that could be a lot of work for you...

Old 04-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #49
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I don't mind doing a game by game recap, it gives a better feel for each player and how they perform every game. I'm actually taking things right of the thread at 400softwarestudios, and doing it just like they are doing it. I can't remember what it's called, but you guys should go check it out too.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #50
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So am I going to St. Johns because I'm ready to go beat some skulls.