Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #251
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I like these ideas -- maybe Telle and KWhit leading small away teams? That way if something goes wrong, sabotage would be easier to identify.

I'm wondering which has better chances for success:

1 larger away team with 1 officer, 2 scientists and 4 privates

or 2 smaller away teams with 1 officer, 1 scientist and 2 privates each.

The success of an away team is based on if it was planned (only one of the two could be planned), the number of non-scientist crew present, the number of scientists and the number of spawn..

Whereas regardless of how we break it up, every member going out has a 10% chance of being infected. Not sure what weight we want to put success vs being able to track spawn in the early stages.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #252
KWhit
Coordinator

I think today I should plan an exploratory away mission as well as plan for a mining mission for tomorrow (they can be saved for future use). That will use my AP for today.

Telle can lead the exploration mission today.

We can also send the slaves on an away mission for mining today as well (unless the slave pen has to be repaired first).
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #253
hoopsguy
General Manager

We probably need the scientist to take part on the away teams. And the scientist also needs to be scoped by the doctor sometime early in the game. I'm not endorsing it being Day 1, since he will get put in harms way a few times. But probably no later than after the Day 3 mission.

I know we want to check out the officers, but there isn't an officer who is going to be exposed as often as the Scientist. And the knowledge that he is going to be checked should serve as a counter-measure to the Spawn making him a night attack (theoretically). If he started as Spawn then we are going to have a couple of lousy away missions before we get him, but he won't make it into mid-game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #254
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops, missed that there are multiple scientists. Hmm.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #255
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
We probably need the scientist to take part on the away teams. And the scientist also needs to be scoped by the doctor sometime early in the game. I'm not endorsing it being Day 1, since he will get put in harms way a few times. But probably no later than after the Day 3 mission.

I know we want to check out the officers, but there isn't an officer who is going to be exposed as often as the Scientist. And the knowledge that he is going to be checked should serve as a counter-measure to the Spawn making him a night attack (theoretically). If he started as Spawn then we are going to have a couple of lousy away missions before we get him, but he won't make it into mid-game.

Yes. The command staff as a whole will be priorities for scans, so I'm hoping the spawn lay off us for a while.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #256
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I would likely say we probably will be exposing Telle as much as the scientists if we have her lead alot of the away missions. So while I understand your point, I think we should also consider the same approach for Telle to be scanned at some point in the upcoming days.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #257
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'd rather mine/explore than risk trying to fix the Security HQ and have it not fully repaired after we spend our AP. Utilizing the slaves while we can is a good idea too. At some point we will need phasers...

As a lowly private I'm pretty much awaiting my orders
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #258
Passacaglia
Coordinator

BK -- in the rules, I (the Warden) get 1 AP per cycle...does that mean I get 1 AP each day, and 1 AP each night?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #259
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I think today I should plan an exploratory away mission as well as plan for a mining mission for tomorrow (they can be saved for future use). That will use my AP for today.

Telle can lead the exploration mission today.

We can also send the slaves on an away mission for mining today as well (unless the slave pen has to be repaired first).

Sounds good to me!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK -- in the rules, I (the Warden) get 1 AP per cycle...does that mean I get 1 AP each day, and 1 AP each night?
Yes
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #261
KWhit
Coordinator

5 people max per away team. So we could send out 3 away teams today.

I can plan an exploratory mission and a mining mission.

Render can lead the planned exploratory mission with himself, a scientist, and 2 privates.

Telle can lead the planned mining mission after render gets back with herself, a scientistm, and 2 privates.

Sladana can lead a mining mission of all slaves.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #262
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm in favor of maxing out our teams today. Theoretically, there should be fewer Spawn today than any other day up until the point where we catch one. We landed in the safe area, so we aren't likely to find as much Crys - which means that we may need to go with a volume approach to collecting it.

Only caveat is that we need to make sure we have sufficient resources left on the ship to help with repairs. I want phasers, dammit.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #263
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lets see if I can sneak in a dola ...

I'm not sure that "max teams" will be optimal strategy for tomorrow or any other following day. Depends on our results, to some extent. But we are also putting more people out there to potentially get converted by sending bigger teams. Tomorrow's teams may be compromised to a greater extent, which would dampen our success in finding Crys.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #264
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Excuse me First Officer Kwhit. Sir, would you please come with me?," Dr. path 12 asks. A little while later the two men emerge from the office.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm in favor of maxing out our teams today. Theoretically, there should be fewer Spawn today than any other day up until the point where we catch one. We landed in the safe area, so we aren't likely to find as much Crys - which means that we may need to go with a volume approach to collecting it.

Only caveat is that we need to make sure we have sufficient resources left on the ship to help with repairs. I want phasers, dammit.

As long as the Chief Engineer and 3 other engineers work on the HQ today, that should give the 5 points needed to repair the HQ (as long as no one fakes their work and I am understanding how the bonus point works for the Chief). We wouldn't want the engineers on the away teams any ways, so I don't think the two conflict at all.

The only things really I am worried about in away team planning is how much risk we are putting ourselves at in regards to spawns, and what the impact on our cargo hold that any crystlium that we mine up will mean (in regards to water that is dumped out to put in the crystlium). .

Either way I think what Kwhit suggests is fine with me, and we have to get the crystlium anyways so might as well get started.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #266
KWhit
Coordinator

So here's what I suggest we do today (away team wise). I just put the privates and scientists in order as listed in the role list.

KWhit: Plans exploratory mining mission and plans mining mission.

Exploratory Mission (mining)
Render - Second Officer (Leads it)
LoneStarGirl - Scientist
Claphamsa - Private
Marc Vaughn - Private

Planned Mining Mission
Telle - Ensign (Leads it)
PackerFanatic - Scientist
Chubby - Private
bulletsponge - Private

Unplanned mining mission
Saldana - Slavemaster (Leads it)
4 slaves
Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #267
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Are the slave teams limited to only 5 members also? I was under the impression that the full slave group went with Saldana.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #268
KWhit
Coordinator

Actually, we might be able to send out another away team if we include the security guys. Do they do any good during the day cycle?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #269
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Are the slave teams limited to only 5 members also? I was under the impression that the full slave group went with Saldana.

Not sure.

BK?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #270
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
"Excuse me First Officer Kwhit. Sir, would you please come with me?," Dr. path 12 asks. A little while later the two men emerge from the office.

Works for me.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #271
Telle
College Starter

So, when leading an away mission.. do I actually DO anything? Or is what happens all up to Barkeep?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #272
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, we might be able to send out another away team if we include the security guys. Do they do any good during the day cycle?

I can put people in the brig, but I don't think that's such a huge deal on Day 1.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #273
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So, when leading an away mission.. do I actually DO anything? Or is what happens all up to Barkeep?

Just up to BK.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #274
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I can put people in the brig, but I don't think that's such a huge deal on Day 1.

That action's really only good during the night cycle, right?

So the question is how much we want to risk infection while out on away missions. I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to try to put together another mission.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #275
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Limited to 5. Saldana can only keep track of so many. Also just a reminder that officers can lead slaves on away missions as well, but Saldana can ONLY lead slaves.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #276
KWhit
Coordinator

Running off to lunch. I sent in my actions to BK (planning for the away missions).
Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #277
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not sure how much I want to expose the people who need to protect us from the spawn at night outside to possibly be infected. To send them out would mean risking another officer as well as the security team who needs to guard us, plus giving far too many targets for the doctors to look at.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #278
Barkeep49
Coordinator

KWhit goes to his small office. He emerges a while later carrying two plans for away missions.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #279
Tyrith
College Starter

I agree with everything that's been said about the Security HQ, so that's what I'm going to spend my day doing. Note to other engineers -- make yourselves useful
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #280
The Jackal
Coordinator

If you think you'll need a medic for any of these away teams I'm up for it, otherwise I'll wait and hope there aren't too many injuries to deal with.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #281
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ok, reading up now. I'm open to fixing anything. I still havent' had a chance to back-read previous games. I'm off to do that now.

I'll defer to those in the know as far as what I should repair, and am happy to work with the Chief to get that bonus cycle.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #282
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
That action's really only good during the night cycle, right?

So the question is how much we want to risk infection while out on away missions. I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to try to put together another mission.

No, it's a day action.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #283
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So are LSG and I going to split up on the two planned missions then?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #284
Tyrith
College Starter

Should we be sending slaves instead of privates on these missions? Having them dead doesn't really hurt us, and the infection chance is per person, so it might be worth it to use them instead of taking a chance of getting actual crew infected.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #285
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
If you think you'll need a medic for any of these away teams I'm up for it, otherwise I'll wait and hope there aren't too many injuries to deal with.

I think your day action should be used doing medical stuff.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #286
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Should we be sending slaves instead of privates on these missions? Having them dead doesn't really hurt us, and the infection chance is per person, so it might be worth it to use them instead of taking a chance of getting actual crew infected.

After seeing BK's post, I was thinking this too.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #287
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post

Pros:

You get a bonus for having the privates on the away team

Cons:

Privates are risk of being infected by spawn.
If any of the privates are spawn they could interfere with the mission.

Maybe the slaves would be a good idea if they went 3 slave + scientist + officer... but I think that should be left up to Render and Telle to decide how they want to handle their away teams (or if they don't want to go at all for some reason)
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #288
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tyrith picks up his tools and heads over to the Security HQ. It's going to be tough, but he's confident he can do it.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #289
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I was planning on spending my day repairing the HQ, but if I'm not needed there, please let me know what you'd like me to be doing.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #290
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Ok, reading up now. I'm open to fixing anything. I still havent' had a chance to back-read previous games. I'm off to do that now.

I'll defer to those in the know as far as what I should repair, and am happy to work with the Chief to get that bonus cycle.

If you are in agreement with Tyrith, you can send in your order to take advantage of that bonus.

I think there are numerous people here who think that the Security HQ is a priority for repairs (me included) and I would prefer the engineers make their own call today rather than waiting for someone to use an Action Point issuing an order.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #291
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I think your day action should be used doing medical stuff.

It seems the only thing I can do is cure people's wounds, and unless we've got people on the suicide watch, doesn't seem like anyone's hurt yet.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #292
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pros:

You get a bonus for having the privates on the away team

Cons:

Privates are risk of being infected by spawn.
If any of the privates are spawn they could interfere with the mission.

Maybe the slaves would be a good idea if they went 3 slave + scientist + officer... but I think that should be left up to Render and Telle to decide how they want to handle their away teams (or if they don't want to go at all for some reason)

From the rules:

(The Slave Master may only lead an away team made up completely of slaves).
Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #293
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I was planning on spending my day repairing the HQ, but if I'm not needed there, please let me know what you'd like me to be doing.

You can't repair -- you're not an engineer. Also, your day action of handing out weapons will be needed once the engineers get the security HQ repaired.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #294
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
From the rules:

I think he was talking more about the other two missions that KWhit planned.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #295
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
It seems the only thing I can do is cure people's wounds, and unless we've got people on the suicide watch, doesn't seem like anyone's hurt yet.

That action will probably be needed after the away mission.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #296
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From the rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Limited to 5. Saldana can only keep track of so many. Also just a reminder that officers can lead slaves on away missions as well, but Saldana can ONLY lead slaves.

Was referring to this.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #297
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
That action will probably be needed after the away mission.

Standing by.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #298
hoopsguy
General Manager

Medic!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #299
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, hope our medic is more alert in the case of a real emergency.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #300
path12
Coordinator

I would humbly suggest that First Officer KWhit and I spend the night together in the brig.