Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #1201
Autumn
Head Coach

EagleFan had wnated us to try to keep him alive so he could go for the spark. Obivously in the end he was right, since we had it in our targets (without knowing it) and that might have tipped things in our favor. But it seemed like we had to go into "sacrifice a wolf" mode. Unfortunately we ended u doing that every day lol
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #1202
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, I left my reveal suspicious on purpose. It seemed at that point that if it wasnt' me with my poor reveal, it was going ot be Danny. Danny was our cunning, and so we were hoping to get him scanned. I was brutal, so it made more sense for me to get lynched. I took you out becuase I figured youd go right back after Danny the next day, you had just been too good at ferreting us out. PLus we needed to leave the scanners alive to have any chance, since we needed Danny ot get scanned.

Why did you guys both scan KWhit that night? I was sure Dannywould get scanned since he had been the lead suspect all day.

We basically felt we had to go after CoT members. There were too many poeple who had or could confirm their roles and eventually it was going to be a matter of picking us out of the few people left without one. And we had a cunning, so there was a desire to let him get scanned.

Also, we knew there was a role that would reveal evidence of its killer if we nightkilled them, so it was safer to take out known roles and not reveal one of us.

Basically we just kept getting burned iwht you guys putting wolves on the chopping block. Therefore we kept making ourselves suspicious by having to try to save them, and earning more suspicion the next day.

I had a full reveal planned that I think would have convinced people, but it just didn't make sense to go through iwth it and have Danny get lynched.
To answer for me, Kwhit had been concerning me for a while. So I hoped he was in Transformer mode.

The one flaw to your plan, was the scan thing - Danny could have come up as a decepticon even under that scenario - though I'd like PB to confirm - was the Fallen a cunning??
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #1203
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I actually was The Sacrificer. Hence why I was bluffing at more than I really was, being nightkilled was my role.

Heh, when you claimed to have a powerful role, I figured you were the Sacrificer hoping to get killed by the wolves.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #1204
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
To answer for me, Kwhit had been concerning me for a while. So I hoped he was in Transformer mode.

The one flaw to your plan, was the scan thing - Danny could have come up as a decepticon even under that scenario - though I'd like PB to confirm - was the Fallen a cunning??

I missed that too, I guess when he was converted he took over The Stalker role.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #1205
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, Danny was the Fallen, and the Cunning. We kind of hoped to trick you guys on that since you were figuring they would be separate.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #1206
Autumn
Head Coach

No, there was no Stalker. He was just Cunning.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #1207
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah, I think if Danny had been vanilla, I would have gone through with my original plan of a good reveal, let DAnny get lynched and hopefully have bought enough trust to coast along for a while. Even with that though, without a role that could be confirmed 100% I was going to get some votes eventually.

And I thought we had a teeny chance because I thought KWhit was under the radar. If you guys distrusted him enough to scan first, clearly we were screwed.

Alan especially deserves tons of credit, he nailed every false move we made. Unfortunately, this is why we usually kill you day one or two, Alan ;-)
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #1208
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

You guys didn't have much go right this game did you?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #1209
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Even before the game started when Lathum stated his intention of voting EF...and then they both turn out to be wolves.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #1210
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah, I think if Danny had been vanilla, I would have gone through with my original plan of a good reveal, let DAnny get lynched and hopefully have bought enough trust to coast along for a while. Even with that though, without a role that could be confirmed 100% I was going to get some votes eventually.

And I thought we had a teeny chance because I thought KWhit was under the radar. If you guys distrusted him enough to scan first, clearly we were screwed.

Alan especially deserves tons of credit, he nailed every false move we made. Unfortunately, this is why we usually kill you day one or two, Alan ;-)

I don't know if you would have won, but I think you would have last longer by sacrificing Danny...We're probably still playing to deadline today and into Monday...
Old 11-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #1211
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know if you would have won, but I think you would have last longer by sacrificing Danny...We're probably still playing to deadline today and into Monday...

I agree with this. I think in my mind you and Danny behaved pretty similar the day before but I wasn't sure of the link. When you voted for dubb instead of Danny that kind of helped me think I was right. if you had come out and sacrificed Danny at the start before I even had put all of my info out on the table, I likely would have passed you by with the asusmption there was only two wolves left and that was not the time one would sacrifice the other with so many good guys left.

I had no idea about kwhit. I don't think i remember him doing anything at all to make me even consider digging deeper into his posts. I wouldn't have gone after him for a while.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #1212
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I guess that's part of why I was unsure why you kept nightkilling proven roles. Granted, you didn't want a huge CoT, but if you nab Darth before last night, KWhit might have lasted quite a while.

He still wouldn't have. I had a table layout of players who were cleared, those uncleared and those with roles that could clear themselves. It was basically mathematically impossible for us to win from very early on unless one of us ended up in the trust list. I was really hoping by putting heat on Lerriuqs and being more suspicious that I would get scanned.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #1213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Why in the world did you kill me on Night 1? Granted, I was going to go after Lathum with guns blazing if you left me alive but it was pretty clear he was dead either D2 or D3. I didn't understand that at all when I had made it as clear as could be that my role was used and no longer a threat to you guys.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #1214
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Why in the world did you kill me on Night 1? Granted, I was going to go after Lathum with guns blazing if you left me alive but it was pretty clear he was dead either D2 or D3. I didn't understand that at all when I had made it as clear as could be that my role was used and no longer a threat to you guys.

I believe Lathum was hoping that it would look like a setup and take the heat off of him.

Sorry to kill you so early though Hoops, I think I've been involved in doing that twice to you lately.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #1215
hoopsguy
General Manager

I did not have a problem with the dying as much as I thought it was a bizarre/poor choice by the wolves if they understood my role. And I tried as hard as I could to advertise it to you guys
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #1216
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, it wasn't about the role. In your case it was all about taking some attention of Lathum, which obviously didn't work.

I know I sent in the order to kill JAG, despite his used up role, because I knew he would be in disguise mode. I was also worried about hitting someone in transformer mode and losing a kill.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #1217
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He still wouldn't have. I had a table layout of players who were cleared, those uncleared and those with roles that could clear themselves. It was basically mathematically impossible for us to win from very early on unless one of us ended up in the trust list.

And this was my fault. I honestly expected when the role reveals came out that the wolves/Fallen would jump on their spare roles and basically nullify everyone else's reveal. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way and was something I needed to expect.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #1218
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah and I think it was a combination of some built in difficulties for the wolves, poor play by us and strong villager play. If the first couple days had gone differently, maybe our fake roles would have worked better.

Oh and on day 1, my goal was to get as many reveals as possible. At the time I was not a wolf and I kept my vote on new candidates to get as many roles out there as possible to limit down the field of who I needed to kill.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #1219
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I definitely think it was a combination. I think some fake reveals would work fine, but they work a lot less when you've been under pressure. The fact that we were already under scrutiny meant that anything we were going to say was going to be examined very carefully and probably not hold water. If we could have avoided pressure and then slipped it out it would have looked better.

Just some bad luck having two wolves in the thick of hte voting day one and it followed from there.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #1220
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely think it was a combination. I think some fake reveals would work fine, but they work a lot less when you've been under pressure. The fact that we were already under scrutiny meant that anything we were going to say was going to be examined very carefully and probably not hold water. If we could have avoided pressure and then slipped it out it would have looked better.

Just some bad luck having two wolves in the thick of hte voting day one and it followed from there.

I think this was key. Eaglefan for instance bought him some time with his reveal, but after a while it became obvious that he wasn't giving useful information and it ended up being a bit suspicious. If you all had actually had the stalker role that could have fed that information to Eaglefan, this would have been so much easier for him to get away with perhaps.

Lathum's reveal was unfortunate because it ended up being a role that could be "proved" if it had been real.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #1221
Autumn
Head Coach

Right, Lathum was caught by having a role he had to step up with. The roles EF and I were trying to fake were a bit tricky to fake without getting caught. We might ahve gotten away with it if we weren't under pressure, as even Lerriuqs wasn't producing enough to avoid pressure himself. But being under scrutiny already and then having a fake role is always tough.

I actually had a plan earlier to counterreveal as the witness after EF had, get him killed off and hopefully buy a lot of trust. But that was a hard role to fake, it could have blown up.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #1222
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Right, Lathum was caught by having a role he had to step up with. The roles EF and I were trying to fake were a bit tricky to fake without getting caught. We might ahve gotten away with it if we weren't under pressure, as even Lerriuqs wasn't producing enough to avoid pressure himself. But being under scrutiny already and then having a fake role is always tough.

I actually had a plan earlier to counterreveal as the witness after EF had, get him killed off and hopefully buy a lot of trust. But that was a hard role to fake, it could have blown up.

In this game it was probably easier to fake than a Scanner would have been. I know there was a lot of pressure on me, but I can't imagine faking it in this game when you have to scan them in the right mode. IMO, the pressure on me almost wasn't fair since figuring out the right one to scan wasn't easy to begin with...
Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #1223
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i was the borrower - that's what lerriuqs and i were talking about with my "interesting power" - and FWIW i sent in my order to "borrow" Darth's powers tonight if the game had gone on, in case the wolves went after him. i figured if i picked a decepticon i would be converted or something and i didn't really want to do that, so i was kind of cautious and waiting to see who i should use my power on
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #1224
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i was the borrower - that's what lerriuqs and i were talking about with my "interesting power" - and FWIW i sent in my order to "borrow" Darth's powers tonight if the game had gone on, in case the wolves went after him. i figured if i picked a decepticon i would be converted or something and i didn't really want to do that, so i was kind of cautious and waiting to see who i should use my power on

I expected you to steal Lerriuqs power early on, with the assumption that we would nightkill him. That was actually another reason we didn't chase after him. If he had been a regular seer that would have been a sweet move to do early since he was revealed.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #1225
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My goal was to try to make it another night to go after the all park. As it turned out I had GE as one of the two to chose from that I was going to chose from to scan that night. If I had lived another night and chosen GE it would have completely changed the game for us.

Unfortunately at that point I was the sacrificial wolf.

A for the fake reveal. I was about to do the reveal and then checked the thread and lerriuqs had already revealed. I knew I was probably doomed but thought that making the reveal may buy me a night and maybe two because of the Lathum thing that was going on.

The problem that I quickly had was that I saw it was too publicly known that my scans could show what someone did that night which means if I chose wrong I am done. I chose Lathum because he actually had no night action and figured that I could sell it as "if I catch him that night we don't waste a day". I was going to use the angle that "the wolves would send him to do the kill since there is so much heat on him already" but then saw that the order for which night kills were done was also public knowledge.

I was stupid after the second night and claimed a slutting. I lost focus and regretted it once I hit post. I did that because I was being asked about it in thread and thought that it would look suspicious if I ignored the question.

Thanks for running the game PB.

Now for the question which I asked earlier but never saw the answer for, what is all spark?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #1226
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Now for the question which I asked earlier but never saw the answer for, what is all spark?

It's a cube that basically gives life to the Transformers and, at least in the films, to other inanimate objects (i.e. the sponsors that paid to have their products come to life like the Mountain Dew vending machine, the X-Box 360, etc.). It was destroyed when Optimus Prime absorbed it but shards of it survive in the second.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #1227
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I had no idea about kwhit. I don't think i remember him doing anything at all to make me even consider digging deeper into his posts. I wouldn't have gone after him for a while.

Yay for me. Small victory there, since otherwise you were all over the wolves like white on rice.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #1228
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Danny touched on it but I think the game would have been impossible for us to win.

That being said, I played horribly and got what I deserved. It just seemed there were to many roles that were to easy to conform. Having a 5-6 person COT on day 2 is way to powerful for the villagers. It limits who the wolves can kill.

Also, the roles not in the game weren't very powerfull, so when everyone has a role, you need to pick the lesser of roles to lynch, that put us at a disadvantage.

The game would have gone differently for certain if I don't fuck day 1 up. But I still think we don't stand a chance.

That said, I thin PB ran the game very well and a hearty thanks to him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #1229
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

In this farewell
There’s no blood
There’s no Alibi
‘Cause I’ve Drawn Regret
From the truth
Of a Thousand Lies

[Pre-Chorus]
So let Mercy Come
And Wash Away

[Chorus]
what i`ve Done
I've faced myself
To Cross out what I’ve Become
Erase Myself
And let Go of What I’ve done

Put to rest
What you Thought of Me
While I clean this Slate
With the Hands of Uncertainty

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

For What I’ve Done
I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I’m Forgiving What I’ve Done

[Chorus]

What I’ve Done
Forgiving What I’ve Done

-Linkin Park

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote