Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #251
saldana
Pro Starter

i would tend to agree with the vote for dubb, but i dont want to risk the double vote death this early with nothing to go on.

the post just above me from CrimsonFox trying to point at autumn makes pretty much no sense to me, so the misdirection there has my suspicions up...if i had to vote right now, thats where it would be.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #252
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Obviously vengence.

Vengeance was an equally applicable motivation for voting you or Path (you had both voted for him), so I don't think that was DV's reason.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #253
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
unvote ntndeacon
Vote dubb

ntndeacon has now voted, dubb has not. Have I missed something where he said he would be gone or something? If so I'll move my vote but I don;t recall any.

I'm here I just haven't voted yet. No need to get our panties in a bunch. I missed the vote yesterday b/c I thought the deadline was 10p. I'm not going to miss the deadline tonight. Plus I think I have been fairly active today considering everyone elses activity for the day.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #254
Danny
Head Coach

And with a crash of lightning, LATHUM IS REBORN.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #255
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Resurrector - May, once per game, bring a dead player back into the game as a vanilla player for their side (i.e. vanilla wolf or vanilla villager). If it was a player who was lynched, the resurrector may not have voted for that player.

Was obviously used. Now the question is if Lathum is now a wolf or a villager.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #256
Autumn
Head Coach

Whoa. Anyone going to confess to that?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #257
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Saldana

I'm already tired of Saldana's slander attempts toward me, now two days in a row when he admit he has nothing to go on. WW 100 and some things just never change.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #258
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've got a question for Lathum when he shows up; don't think it makes sense to ask it in the thread until that time.

I'm putting this here as a reminder for myself, more than anything else.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #259
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i would tend to agree with the vote for dubb, but i dont want to risk the double vote death this early with nothing to go on.

the post just above me from CrimsonFox trying to point at autumn makes pretty much no sense to me, so the misdirection there has my suspicions up...if i had to vote right now, thats where it would be.

I'll try an explain it again. Lathum voted for Autumn. Then he unvoted for autumn and voted for DT. If autumn is a wolf, he doesn't want Lathum around throwing more votes his way as one of them might stick. That's it.

And maybe it isn't a "WOW" moment. Maybe just an "Oh." or a "Interesting..."
But I like "wow" moments.

I do see earlier that autumn made big posts about analysis and percentages. Someone else just said that that is suspicious to give a lot of info altho myself I think more villagers spend that kind of time. Autumn is still a candidate fort me as is henry who voted for DT and still hasn't said anything else here.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #260
Autumn
Head Coach

Henry and EF remain my biggest suspects, if you can even call them that, though looking back at their votes i don't get a bad vibe The one that does stand out actually is Schmidty's vote yesterday, which strikes me as odd. But I don't really want to throw him out there since he said he won't be around today.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #261
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyway, on a separate note I think that we can start working on a COT (or maybe distrust) pretty quickly at this point.

1.) Resurrector comes forward in the thread, knowing that they are tied to Lathum.
2.) Seer scans proclaimed Resurrector tonight.

Seer comes forward to help us bag two wolves if Resurrector scans wolf. Does not necessarily have to come forward on Day 3, but I hope that they would not leave us hanging too long with two wolves in hand.

Assuming seer does not come forward, we have a nice tidy two person COT to start Day 3.

Anyone see flaws with this approach?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #262
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Vote Saldana

I'm already tired of Saldana's slander attempts toward me, now two days in a row when he admit he has nothing to go on. WW 100 and some things just never change.

actually dubb, your anger at me is rather righteous in this case....what i had meant to say was that i was in favor of the vote for you because you were a missed vote from yesterday, and that was the only reason.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #263
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote Count I think

230 Abe votes NTN (1)
238 NTN votes EF (1-1)
240 Darth votes J23 (1-1-1)
247 EF votes Autumn (1-1-1-1)
248 RealDeal votes EF (2-1-1-1, EF)
249 Abe unvotes NTN, votes Dubb (2-1-1-1, EF)
254 Lathum is reborn
257 Dubb votes Saldana (2-1-1-1-1, EF)

EagleFan -2
Dubb - 1
Saldana - 1
Autumn -1
J23 - 1
Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #264
Autumn
Head Coach

Though the more I think about it, the more I think that it might be more fruitful to look elsewhere than DT voters (and not out of self preservation). I suspect Hoops and DT were both good, in which case it would be smart for a wolf to stay on Hoops, or another target, and not get in the list of someone who lynched a villager.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #265
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I dont understand that move. The Borg win is a village loss and a wolf loss from what I understood the rule to be.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #266
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm guessing that there was at least one wolf on each of the top two vote getters; pretty standard when they are both villagers.

From my standpoint, with Lathum back and no confession on the Resurrector, the list on me is shorter. So I think it is easier to look at that group of four rather than the DT list of five.

I'm inclined to go with either RendeR or PB, as neither has really given a whole heck of a lot of reason for voting for me. Neither did RD, but he at least was honest about it rather than making it something about past games (my interpretation).

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #267
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I dont understand that move. The Borg win is a village loss and a wolf loss from what I understood the rule to be.

lathum isnt rezzed as a borg...it says he is vanila for whichever side the ressurector was on...so lathum is either a vanila villager or a vanilla wolf
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #268
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

He comes back as a vanilla villager/wolf, depending on what side has the Resurrector role. So he is no longer Borg, assuming I'm reading the rule correctly.

So,
- If the Resurrector is a villager, they just brought us back a good villager who should hopefully be cleared in pretty short order.
- If the Resurrector is a wolf, the wolves just bought themselves a day of time while Lathum is lynched instead of one of their own.

That is how I think this went down.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #269
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Sorry I was reading the ressurector as bring ing back the dead to the side that they were on.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #270
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Whoa. Anyone going to confess to that?

Yep.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #271
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If no-one comes out as the ressurector I would assume that person is a wolf and Lathum therefore would now be a wolf.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #272
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Doh!!! I was just a little late on that one I guess.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #273
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nice move path. This gives us a CoT of path and Lathum (as long as path is on our side but why would he come forward if he were a wolf and put a target on his head and Lathum's).
Old 01-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #274
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Anyway, on a separate note I think that we can start working on a COT (or maybe distrust) pretty quickly at this point.

1.) Resurrector comes forward in the thread, knowing that they are tied to Lathum.
2.) Seer scans proclaimed Resurrector tonight.

Seer comes forward to help us bag two wolves if Resurrector scans wolf. Does not necessarily have to come forward on Day 3, but I hope that they would not leave us hanging too long with two wolves in hand.

Assuming seer does not come forward, we have a nice tidy two person COT to start Day 3.

Anyone see flaws with this approach?

I'm fine with being scanned. My reasoning was that as a cleared villager Lathum is a great asset, and since my power brings them back vanilla and is one and done I figured that tossing a vet back in the village mix is a good deal for us.

It seemed a power to be used early.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #275
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well that is better than voting him out and seeing if the rez was good that way like I was gonna suggest.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #276
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm fine with being scanned. My reasoning was that as a cleared villager Lathum is a great asset, and since my power brings them back vanilla and is one and done I figured that tossing a vet back in the village mix is a good deal for us.

Yep, and I'm pretty happy with the idea of you + Lathum as a D2/D3 COT.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #277
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree with this analysis, and it seems to me like someone who was thinking about it, rather, than someone who just made it up right now on the spot.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #278
Autumn
Head Coach

I figured it was you, Path, so I feel pretty good about you two. It would be very prudent to get in a scan of one of these fellows though.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #279
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree. Good play.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #280
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I figured it was you, Path, so I feel pretty good about you two. It would be very prudent to get in a scan of one of these fellows though.

Why did you think it was Path?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #281
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Why did you think it was Path?

I had hinted at it a little bit.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #282
path12
Coordinator

Late dola, you probably wanted Autumn to answer that though. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #283
Autumn
Head Coach

He had made a comment earlier about having a power he wanted to use early, then boom.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #284
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote crimsonfox

in class will explain later
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #285
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
lathum isnt rezzed as a borg...it says he is vanila for whichever side the ressurector was on...so lathum is either a vanila villager or a vanilla wolf

this is correct
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #286
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
vote crimsonfox

in class will explain later

Interested in hearing this as I was leaning that way myself.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #287
path12
Coordinator

Since I've got nothing better to go on, for now:

VOTE CRIMSONFOX
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #288
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a reminder, Tuesday Night = Date Night

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #289
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am interested as well, as I was thinking Crimson's antics were more from lack of experience playing the game. Of course new does not equal good. However it does give them a modicum more trust than I probably should give.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #290
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm tempted to follow Lathum's lead as I think he and Path are both good at this point, I don't want to jump on what I'm worried will be a run that won't give us decent voting information.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #291
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote Count I think

230 Abe votes NTN (1)
238 NTN votes EF (1-1)
240 Darth votes J23 (1-1-1)
247 EF votes Autumn (1-1-1-1)
248 RealDeal votes EF (2-1-1-1, EF)
249 Abe unvotes NTN, votes Dubb (2-1-1-1, EF)
254 Lathum is reborn
257 Dubb votes Saldana (2-1-1-1-1, EF)
266 Hoops votes PB (2-1-1-1-1-1, EF)
270 Path claims Resurrector
284 Lathum votes CrimsonFox (2-1-1-1-1-1-1, EF)
287 Path12 votes CrimsonFox (2-2-1-1-1-1-1, EF-Crimson)

EagleFan -2
CrimsonFox - 2
Dubb - 1
Saldana - 1
Autumn -1
J23 - 1
PB - 1
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #292
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got to go make dinner and I'm unsure where to go with my vote so far. I'll ponder it this evening and get back before deadline.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #293
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I am incredibly suspicious of people who post a vote, insinuate they have some information, and say "I will explain later". This never makes any sense to me. Even if you don't have time for a full explanation, in the time it takes to type that you will explain later, you can provide some basis for your vote.

I actually believe Lathum was rezzed by a villager and is thus now a villager, because I don't think the wolves would use a rez power like that so early in the game. But the suspense vote is a major pet peeve of mine, because it is often used for bad purposes.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #294
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm tempted to follow Lathum's lead as I think he and Path are both good at this point, I don't want to jump on what I'm worried will be a run that won't give us decent voting information.

I'm at least as worried about the "Vengeful God" role keeping us from getting good voting information. I expect people are being careful about this. I know Saldana commented on it in the thread and I'm certainly aware of it with my votes.

I'm going to try and avoid letting it dictate my actions, but if there are two equally valid options that seems like a prudent tie-breaker in my mind.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #295
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm at least as worried about the "Vengeful God" role keeping us from getting good voting information. I expect people are being careful about this. I know Saldana commented on it in the thread and I'm certainly aware of it with my votes.

I'm going to try and avoid letting it dictate my actions, but if there are two equally valid options that seems like a prudent tie-breaker in my mind.

One thing about that Vengeful God role. I for one was reading it wrong originally -- I thought it meant that the second vote on that person would trigger the death but in rereading it is the second vote from the same person.

So as I understand that, if I voted hoops (lets call you the VG), unvoted him, and then voted him again that second vote would doom me. Or if I voted for him day 1 and put a vote on him day 2 then boom.

If I was mixed up maybe someone else was as well.......hence this post.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #296
Schmidty
Coordinator

Checking in. Got home from work, and now it's off to tutoring. I'll be around by the deadline.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #297
saldana
Pro Starter

i am pretty confident in path/lathum both being good.

if path were a wolf, why confess to being the ressurector? he is inviting a scan by revealing and a wolf would just have sat back and let us try to argue over whether or not to lynch lathum on the chance that he came back furry.

and since i was leaning towards it anyway and have no reason not to trust lathum at this point, although i am anxious to hear what he "knows"

vote crimson fox
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #298
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE KWHIT

Lets see what hornets pop up from that.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #299
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
VOTE KWHIT

Lets see what hornets pop up from that.

Why?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #300
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think Lathum knows anything that the rest of us don't. The only possibility is that something happened last night before he died?

I think more likely he just didn't have time to write out his explanation, which will be just as ill-founded as the rest of us. I think jumping on this bandwagon seems a poor idea right now.

We're now up to 8 candidates, and I'm not strongly tempted by any of them. Arg. A bit more thought.