Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #401
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Yupyup! I was just about to say "Why are we following the advice of someone who we think is a wolf? Are we that easily swayed?"

If you're refering to spreading out the votes to force out the warlock, we're following the plan because it makes sense. If everyone is tied at 1 a piece, then whoever is lynched had the warlock voting for them, so we lynch them tomorrow. Trading 1 villager (today's lynch target) for 1 wolf tomorrow (warlock) is definately worth it considering that we outnumber the wolves.

If there are late moves to throw off the plan, then I, and many others, would likely look a lot harder at the people making those moves.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #402
J23
College Benchwarmer

Hrm, just in case...

Lathum, can the warlock role choose not to use his minion's voting power?

The description doesn't say anything about having an option, but the thought crossed my mind and wanted to make sure.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #403
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
If RealDeal does not change his vote, we could have MartinD vote me instead of EF (I think RealDeal voted for EF, right?). That should get things back in line.

Happy to go along with this - just be aware that I'll be offline from about 5.30 or 6 US Eastern time (the time difference strikes again...)

I'm just in for a brief look (am just back from my training run - only 13 weeks to London!), so will make the appropriate unvote/vote in a wee bit.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #404
Autumn
Head Coach

ONe wrinkle I'll add -- we don't know that there is necessarily a warlock in the game. So the wolves might be happy to go along with this as it will simply waste a day's voting.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #405
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Hrm, just in case...

Lathum, can the warlock role choose not to use his minion's voting power?

The description doesn't say anything about having an option, but the thought crossed my mind and wanted to make sure.

the Warlock does not have that option.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #406
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

can the priest PLEASE bring danny back
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #407
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

That would be pretty sweet.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #408
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

the priest needs to save his rez for the mage....at least until he reveals and either gives us who to trust or who to lynch...if the mage goes down and then gets rezzed, he will still be able to give us the results of his scans.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #409
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't know...Danny seems to be oozing wisdom more than any mage
Old 01-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #410
J23
College Benchwarmer

Completely agree w/ saldana in this. Building a COT would be nice, but we'll get just as big of a COT rezzing the seer, plus scan results. The only way I could see using it now is if something wacky happened w/ the voting to make the priest think they were going to be killed.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #411
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm siding with dubb right now. I don't think listening to something EF wants to do right now is a good idea.
I'm not gonna screw up the plan, but remember EF is a target please.

I also think there is validity in keeping an eye on realdeal/golden eagle. I think they are wolves.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #412
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah...vote saldana

Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #413
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Darth plays much tighter as a wolf than he is so far this game. He is either a villager or feeling much more comfortable. It's enough for me to not vote that way.

Oozing? He's a good player, but I'll take a seer any day of the week with the cunning already having been killed.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #414
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'd be careful declaring anyone a villager at this point without a seer stepping forward with a scan or a display of a villager power.

I'm also not sure why I'm in the "who the hell knows" bucket when I was the first one to vote Darth yesterday and didn't move it off when I had all day to do so.

I've only declared clap as villager and I stand behind that because of how he tried to nail darth and stick to the plan.

I put you in the "who the hell knows" category because I really haven't detected anything about your posts, neither good nor bad. dubb and autumn's moves confused me but yours really I get no read on. That's all. Nothing damning. Nothing saving.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #415
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I've only declared clap as villager and I stand behind that because of how he tried to nail darth and stick to the plan.

I'd have to look back, but I remember that Clap was trying to force the tie yesterday to narrow down the warlock, but Autumn threw it off in the last minute.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #416
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here's a question. How do werewolf kills work? Do all the wolves "vote" on a killamongst the pack? Do just ONE of them vote?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #417
Autumn
Head Coach

CF, they decide amongst themselves. They have to come to a decision and put in the order to Lathum by deadline. It's possible if some of them aren't in thread, they might leave it up to one of them to do.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #418
KWhit
Coordinator

Whoa.

All this talk of rezzing Danny is worrying me. We have to save that for the seer.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #419
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Whoa.

All this talk of rezzing Danny is worrying me. We have to save that for the seer.

Well, that's good unless the priest gets killed before the seer, or the priest gets outed and night killed. Sure, saving the seer is the optimum play, but the safe play would be rezzing Danny, meaning the wolves are down 0-1 and we have a CoT, leaving the wolves to have to decide whether to get seer hunting or knock off the circle (and giving the BG someone to guard).
Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #420
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, that's good unless the priest gets killed before the seer, or the priest gets outed and night killed. Sure, saving the seer is the optimum play, but the safe play would be rezzing Danny, meaning the wolves are down 0-1 and we have a CoT, leaving the wolves to have to decide whether to get seer hunting or knock off the circle (and giving the BG someone to guard).

Yeah, I know. And I see what you're saying. But I have just been in too many games (it seems like every one I've played in lately) where the seer has died without leaving us any indication of who he scanned (see EF last game, and I think the seer did the same thing in the game before that).
Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #421
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am not a big fan of the plan because there are too many unknowns. We are essentially wasting an important day of voting history. It is the day after a wolf has been killed and voting history will be important to us down the road.

It also takes just one person who has a gut read to deviate from the plan and fuck everything up.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #422
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I know. And I see what you're saying. But I have just been in too many games (it seems like every one I've played in lately) where the seer has died without leaving us any indication of who he scanned (see EF last game, and I think the seer did the same thing in the game before that).

BTW, I am NOT advocating the seer to do anything to reveal or jeopardize himself, though. I just like the idea of having the priest around as a backup plan if the seer gets offed before we learn anything from him.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #423
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
It also takes just one person who has a gut read to deviate from the plan and fuck everything up.

Then they die tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #424
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Then they die tomorrow.

It still seems risky for a role that may or may not be in the game. It is a good idea in theory but its probably not going to work. If there is no warlock, then the wolves are laughing at us right now.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #425
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am not a big fan of the plan because there are too many unknowns. We are essentially wasting an important day of voting history. It is the day after a wolf has been killed and voting history will be important to us down the road.

We might be missing out on voting history for the day, but I think people's reactions to the plan are/will be pretty telling. As a villager, there is no way you should not want to sacrifice 1 villager today for a sure wolf tomorrow especially since we have a priest to rezz the seer if we get extremely unlucky.

By doing this, we either force the hand of the wolves to throw off the tie, or we find out who the warlock is. Either way, we learn a great deal from today if all of the villagers get behind the plan.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #426
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It still seems risky for a role that may or may not be in the game. It is a good idea in theory but its probably not going to work. If there is no warlock, then the wolves are laughing at us right now.

If there is no warlock, there would be no lynch, and we'd lose 1 day of history, you're right. If there is a warlock, then we kill a wolf, or force the wolves to try to sabotage the plan to save them.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #427
J23
College Benchwarmer

As of 426, here's today's voting:

(284) Render votes for EF
(322) EF votes for Render
(329) Schmidty votes for EF
(349) Poli votes for CF
(354) Autumn votes for EF
Plan comes together
(364) PB votes for Render
(365) RealDeal votes for EF
(366) J23 votes for PB
(367) Saldana votes for Kwhit
(368) Clap votes for RealDeal
(373) Jackal votes for Poli
(379) Autumn unvotes EF, votes for GE
(380) Poli unvotes CF, votes for MartinD
(382) EF unvotes Render, votes for CF
(384) MartinD votes for EF
(391) Spleen votes for Schmidty
(398) Kwhit votes for Clap
(412) CF votes for Saldana

Vote totals are EF at 4, lots at 1

Render, Schmidty and RealDeal are the only ones not following the plan so far.

I'm out until shortly before deadline most likely. I really hope I don't have to come home to move my vote because we can't all get behind this.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #428
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can tell this isn't going to work. I just can't wait to see who decides to pull the trigger.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #429
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Of course, I'm not opposed to seeing EF fall today and we put this plan into action tomorrow. Chances are we'll have two fewer players and the chances that we can execute the plan tomorrow are greater, statistically speaking.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #430
KWhit
Coordinator

I hope to be back online between 8-9, but I am on Daddy duty tonight by myself so you never know.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #431
saldana
Pro Starter

fyi all, i will probably not be back until after the deadline, or very close to it.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #432
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am just expressing my object to the plan and my doubts that is going to work. I will go along with it if everyone does.

It will be nice to come back and say, see I told you this was not going to work.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #433
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Just to be clear, I think the warlock plan is good, just not when we have to coordinate more than a dozen votes. If I happen to survive to when we are down to 5-6 people, I'll gladly participate. At this point, however, I just want to play the freaking game.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #434
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FYI the vote for EF by Dubb in post 284 does not count, Render is responsible for making his own vote

Last edited by Lathum : 01-26-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #435
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FYI, lathum is a hater.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #436
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
FYI, lathum is a hater.

Only the Vols
Old 01-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #437
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Count

EF-3-Realdeal (365), Schmidty (329), MartinD (384)
CF-1-EF (382)
Sal-1-CF (412)
Kwhit-1- Sal ( 367)
Clap-1-Kwhit (367)
Realdeal-1-Clap (398)
GE-1-Autumn (379)
PB-1-J23 (326)
Render-1-PB (364)
Schmidty-1-Spleen (391)
Poli-1-Jackal (373)
MartinD-1-Poli (380)

No Vote- Render, GE

Last edited by Lathum : 01-26-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #438
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Only the Vols
At least you know my team. You're such a vanilla fan I don't even know who you root for.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #439
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
At least you know my team. You're such a vanilla fan I don't even know who you root for.

Not sure about college, but I think he is a Jets fan for the pros.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #440
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Not sure about college, but I think he is a Jets fan for the pros.

I hate you both
Old 01-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #441
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I hate you both
:highfive:
Old 01-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #442
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've read all of your posts. very closely, in fact. And when you say "hey, we're in a better position now because of what I did" four times, it comes across as someone who is trying to "spin" the outcome of last night to their favor.

One more time, and slowly this time.

I NEVER TOOK CREDIT FOR THE END RESULT!!!!

I did say that we are in better shape than we would have been with the other plan. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

Funny how you are trying to twist my words around. In each of those quotes I clearly say that I messed up and did not try to claim any kind of responsibility for what happened on the positive side. But it is plain and simple: I did what I did and we are in a better position. Without one event the others don't happen.

Now we have not only voting history to look at but we can try to disect what any of the scrambling after my move meant.

To be honest I would think that the wolves would be the ones pissed the most about what I did...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #443
MartinD
High School Varsity

I should have been in bed 20 minutes ago, so just doing what's needed.

VOTE AUTUMN

Will see how things work out in the morning...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #444
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Just to be clear, I think the warlock plan is good, just not when we have to coordinate more than a dozen votes. If I happen to survive to when we are down to 5-6 people, I'll gladly participate. At this point, however, I just want to play the freaking game.

That is playing the game...

Why wait until the game may be beyond the point of no return? Your plan only works if the warlock is the last one left. If there are 2 wolves left and you try that it is game over and the wolves win.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #445
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
I should have been in bed 20 minutes ago, so just doing what's needed.

VOTE AUTUMN

Will see how things work out in the morning...

Don't you need to unvote first?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #446
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I will go along with the plan for now, but again I have documented my concerns.

VOTE J23
Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #447
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That is playing the game...

Why wait until the game may be beyond the point of no return? Your plan only works if the warlock is the last one left. If there are 2 wolves left and you try that it is game over and the wolves win.

I think he means why not let each person play their own game instead of being bullied into being told what to do, as which is happening. However it might also be a good defense for a wolf. I do agree that this "telling everyone how to vote stuff" is getting a bit heavy-handed especially when it means someone's butt on the line. The wolves are getting a free kill AND a free lynch tonight.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #448
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Count

EF-3-Realdeal (365), Schmidty (329), MartinD (384)
CF-1-EF (382)
Sal-1-CF (412)
Kwhit-1- Sal ( 367)
Clap-1-Kwhit (367)
Realdeal-1-Clap (398)
GE-1-Autumn (379)
PB-1-J23 (326)
Render-1-PB (364)
Schmidty-1-Spleen (391)
Poli-1-Jackal (373)
MartinD-1-Poli (380)
J23- 1- GE (446)

No Vote- Render
Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #449
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Then they die tomorrow.

WHich tells us nothing really, except that human nature ESPECIALLY INTERNET human nature is resistant to being told what to do. No guarantees of catching a wolf.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #450
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

unvote saldana
vote Eaglefan