Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #851
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Just dropped about 45F overnight, on our way to -30's on the weekend. At least the dog doesn't want to go on long walks when it's this cold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bah.jpg (42.2 KB, 269 views)
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #852
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Meanwhile up here in hell on earth, we have had yet another week of <-20 temps with windchills putting them well below -30. Tomorrow the high is -27. Average high for this time of year is somewhere around -4.

From what I've read, this has been the coldest winter here in 35 years, and the third coldest of the past century. Not only that, it's also been one of the snowiest winters ever, with more snow than we've had since '96-97. And for anyone curious, the spring of '97 is referred to as The Flood of the Century in these parts because shit hit the fan when all that snow melted. I'd be concerned if I ever believed we'd actually get temperatures above 0 again in this godforsaken shithole.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #853
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Meanwhile up here in hell on earth, we have had yet another week of <-20 temps with windchills putting them well below -30. Tomorrow the high is -27. Average high for this time of year is somewhere around -4.

From what I've read, this has been the coldest winter here in 35 years, and the third coldest of the past century. Not only that, it's also been one of the snowiest winters ever, with more snow than we've had since '96-97. And for anyone curious, the spring of '97 is referred to as The Flood of the Century in these parts because shit hit the fan when all that snow melted. I'd be concerned if I ever believed we'd actually get temperatures above 0 again in this godforsaken shithole.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes this spring/summer. Our epic floods last june were a combo of a cool spring, deep snowpack, then a shit ton of rain in the mountains that melted all of the snow. As long as we get a bit of a warm early spring, without rain we should be ok on the flood front. It's funny, in Calgary whenever the weather is bad we always say at least we don't live in Edmonton or Winnipeg. Thanks for keeping up your end of the bargain!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #854
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Picked up my mother-in-law at the airport last night after her nearly 2 month trip to Florida and I will be picking up my mom tonight after 2 months in Mexico.

Haha.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #855
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Yep, that was the winter that I decided to get the hell out of there and never really think about going back. FTR, this winter here in Cincy is the worst in the 11 years that I've been here and easily comparable to the ND winters I grew up with as a kid.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #856
MrBug708
Head Coach

Going to be a miserable two days on the roads in Socal.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #857
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So much for soccer on Sunday..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #858
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Man, I knew that week of decent weather was a damn tease. I was just hoping we could get high 20's-high 30's to finish off this winter and limp into spring. NOPE

I can't wait to graduate and hopefully move south. I'll deal with hurricanes.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #859
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
The nutrient value of the manure is a part of it, but it's mainly a value added proposition. He could just sell his crops for a price or he could feed those crops to my animals and charge me a premium and he'll come out better than just selling the crops. If the cost of a crop goes up (fuel, fertilizer, etc..) then the price I pay him goes up accordingly.

OK, that wasn't nearly as horrible as I was expecting....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #860
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

At least, unlike 96-97, you've got the Jets!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #861
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have a feeling this one will be pretty bad. One more FU from winter before it peaces out.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #862
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have a feeling this one will be pretty bad. One more FU from winter before it peaces out.

When you've had snow in July and August you never really take your parka out of the front closet.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #863
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
At least, unlike 96-97, you've got the Jets!

Very true! High five!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #864
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Going to get 6-10 inches on Sunday. Looks like the kids may have Monday off.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #865
tarcone
Coordinator

Monday and Tuesday, I imagine. We start with 1/10 inch of ice, followed by sleet, then the snow. 6-8 inches for us.

Schol may be out through Wednesday down in my area.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #866
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looks like this fucker is going more south than originally projected. Good. It's still going to be bad but I'll take half a foot less.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #867
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Looks like this fucker is going more south than originally projected. Good. It's still going to be bad but I'll take half a foot less.

Yep, some different amounts, but solidly between 6-9 inches for us in NKY. Still no word on ice accumulations. I've checked around here, no salt to be found. I hope the city still has some.

Like Steam?

Old 03-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #868
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

All the milk and bread are gone!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #869
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This thing is trending for a total bust now where I live. Would be shocked if we get 3" now. It's going to go south. Thank god Lake Erie froze up.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #870
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Whole lot of nothng going on this morning when I woke up.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #871
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are near the center of where it is projected to be the worst. Stocked up on essentials and ready for whatever happens.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #872
tarcone
Coordinator

We got a little ice, then some sleet, now a flurry. They have toned down the amounts. Looks like the storm shifted south. We are in line for 4-6 inches.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #873
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

we had a forecast of 1-3 inches of sleet, now we have 5-8 inches snow, plus the sleet... hooray

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #874
Comey
College Starter

Looks like it's going to miss us, for the most part, in CT. That's a huge relief.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #875
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Everything here is starting to ice over, roads are going to be pretty nasty soon.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #876
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

We have 3-4 inches here, which is not much for a huge winter storm. But we're in the 70-80 inch range for the season, which is close to three times normal. I just received our bill from the company that plows our subdivision (we're on private roads - it's the only way to get a subdivision paved in a state that's pretty much on life support when it comes to infrastructure maintenance).

Normally, we never even approach our cap under our plowing contract. We just pay in five installments. Our February bill is 60% over our normal bill for the entire year. Salt costs more now - it's in short supply. It's crazy. We're going to have to do a special assessment in the subdivision to pay for all of this. And we'll probably have to get the pavement people out early to seal cracks and do some repairs.

In general, because our state has greatly reduced maintenance on the infrastructure, pothole season will probably be even worse for cars than this winter has been.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #877
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

also, its 55 out now

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #878
rowech
Pro Starter

They were saying 12-16 inches out of this storm last Thursday. Then it scaled down to 8, then to 3-6, and now it looks like we might get 2. What a pathetic forecast. Second time they've done this this season -- get everyone all worked up over nothing.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #879
PilotMan
Head Coach

Still no snow here. We've had the light freezing rain this morning but it's been quiet after that. As it's getting colder I imagine that the sidewalks and roads will start to freeze, but so far so good. Big change from what all the signs were pointing to.

Like Steam?

Old 03-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #880
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

steady rain now

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #881
tarcone
Coordinator

our warning has turned into and advisory. 3 inches tonight. With a total of 3-4 inches. Jeez, what a let down.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #882
Blackadar
Retired

My flight to DCA was canceled last night due to the weather. Given how booked the flights are the rest of the week, I might be working out of my house for the entire week. Woot!
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #883
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have heavy snow here. Good thing is I was already off and wife's work closed. Kid is home from school so it should be a fun day.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #884
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

we have maybe one inch of snow.... cant tell if its snowing or just windy. so much for 10 inches though

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #885
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not much here, morning commute was ok. Kids daycare is closed which is kind of annoying. Should have been a delay at most.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #886
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i have decided it is still snowing, but i cant imagine it getting to be a significant amount.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #887
PilotMan
Head Coach

We had a strong 3+ inches on top of our ice. The county is out of salt and is only dumping sand now. No school today, no surprise. Probably no school tomorrow either. Just finished the driveway. The street is still a mess but I imagine that the main roads are alright if you are careful.

Certainly not the 6-9 that we were looking at, but this guy ain't complaining.

Like Steam?

Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #888
tarcone
Coordinator

And we might have gotten another inch over night for about 2-3 inches total. A far cry from the 9 inches we were going to get.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #889
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Good news, it's warmed up almost 40F since the weekend. Bad news, it's still just 0F. Worst news, wife and I went to our friends house and spent the night, so cold that the car wouldn't start and had to jump it in the morning. Yuck. Glad work has plugins and I don't have a garage full of crap.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #890
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Dola: Also glad I don't live in Winnipeg =)

Last edited by nilodor : 03-03-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #891
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Dola: Also glad I don't live in Winnipeg =)

It's only 6 degrees colder there...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #892
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Looks like it's actually the same temperature in Calgary right now. In fact, 3 degrees Celsius colder in the 'feels like' department.

Of course, you can stare at the mountains from inside your house, while I just get to watch my dog run away (at least until it freezes to death a mile out).
Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #893
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
We are getting THUNDERSLEET at my house right now
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #894
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

It's never going to end!!!! 8-12 inches tonight into tomorrow for C-Town

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #895
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Hmmmm.....75 degrees today, snow chance tonight. That's a helluva cold front.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #896
PilotMan
Head Coach

No kidding. Today has been awesome.

Like Steam?

Old 03-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #897
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
It's never going to end!!!! 8-12 inches tonight into tomorrow for C-Town

They are predicting 7-10 inches tonight and tomorrow for Detroit.

I am not amused.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #898
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Wonderful, it's suppose to rain overnight on Wednesday and then freeze for the morning commute.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #899
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
They are predicting 7-10 inches tonight and tomorrow for Detroit.

I am not amused.

Some say 4-8 for around here, but weather.com is saying 2-4. It will be near 50 in two days anyway.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #900
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This is the weather forecast for our area starting at noon today. Yikes.....

Quote:
Now until 5 PM: Warming up under a sunny sky. High: 77 north to 81 south. South winds 10-20 mph.

5 PM – midnight: Increasing clouds with a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Temperatures dropping into the 30s. Becoming very windy with northwest winds gusting to 50 mph.

Midnight – 5 AM: Rain changing to snow with accumulations likely northeast and a chance of accumulations south of I-70. Over 4 inches could accumulate from this fast moving storm with the most likely spot being northeast of a Maryville to Chillicothe line. Windy with northwest winds 25-50 mph. Temperatures dropping to 28°

Wednesday: Rapidly clearing sky with winds strong early, diminishing during the day. High: 42°