Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #251
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Road wins! 11 innings! This crap is made up!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
September 17:

RL Tie-breaker Playoff
Colorado 3, Boston 1 (11 innings)

Extra innings! Man, those are the ones you scratch your head and wonder what little play may have turned the whole game. And I needed that one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #253
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
September 17:

RL Tie-breaker Playoff
Colorado 3, Boston 1 (11 innings)

Damn. No one is even THINKING about laying down.
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #254
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

September 19:

RL Tie-breaker Playoff

Colorado 8, Boston 5 (2-2 Series)
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #255
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Shit, can't lose no more.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #256
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Damnit, let me win one home game! Just this one!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #257
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
September 19:
RL Tie-breaker Playoff

Colorado 8, Boston 5 (2-2 Series)

of course it goes to 5 games....extra innings too I bet

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #258
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

September 20:

Colorado 6, Boston 1

Colorado wins the Republic League title
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #259
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Home team hasn't won yet, what happens in game 5?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #260
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Most. amazing. season. ever.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #261
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Grats again Chief, hope you lose in the Classic!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #262
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Good job chief!!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #263
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

WOW!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #264
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Oh crap, that is rough for Boston.

Way to go CR, back to the big dance and against a new team this time. Congrats and good luck this time.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I have to drive like 3 hours tommorrow morning so going to bed. I'll figure out where this season went right/wrong over the weekend. Grats again to Atlanta and Colorado.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #266
kaosfere
College Prospect

*whistles in awe*

Amazing. Congrats to Atlanta, and to you two lunatics in the RL. This was great fun to watch.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #267
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is going up now.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #268
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

gstelmack, heck all the guys at the top of both leagues, great year.

edit: this is for the guys not in the Classic of course, I already said congrats to them.

Last edited by Cringer : 08-29-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #269
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Hell of a season from top to bottom....one for the ages....

Thanks guys!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 08-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #270
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

OMG, this is ape shit crazy.

gstelmack may be on suicide watch after this one.

My hats off to the best competitor I have faced in this current run. Boston and gstelmack deserves so much more than this. I can't wait to go over this one, box score by box score.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #271
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, if this season ends with another FOOL Classic sweep, I am going to be pissed.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #272
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Hell of a season from top to bottom....one for the ages....

Thanks guys!

Well, it wasn't that great at the bottom really. We enjoyed watching the top though.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #273
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Oh, if this season ends with another FOOL Classic sweep, I am going to be pissed.

I have to admit I am kind of on your side this time around, a little bit.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #274
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If there was a three-way tie, we'd effectively have a double-elimination tournament to get rid of one team, then we'd do a best of three game playoff to determine the team to advance.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #275
muns
Pro Starter

WOW. HELL OF A SEASON!!!!!! Congrats cheif on being able to get back to it!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #276
kaosfere
College Prospect

Is this the first time the league's seen bonus-ball?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #277
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh and a BIG...

to Dark Cloud in two capacities. One, for running a league as exciting as this, and, Two, for the incredible season Quad City had. It's easy to forget them in the hubbub of the tie-breaker series, but they were right there, and were one of the more pleasant surprises of the season.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #278
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

At least Boston made him earn it. I mean, at least it wasn't the cakewalk it's been in the past. Shows there are teams that are hungry and want it, so that's cool. Boston isn't going away either and he's got the farm system to boot.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #279
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Is this the first time the league's seen bonus-ball?

Yessir. Never happened before. We thought we were gonna come close a few years back when Valdosta finished 2 GB, but...this is the first time it's actually happened for real. Much less with 3 teams within the distance.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #280
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I have to admit I am kind of on your side this time around, a little bit.

I will gladly take the support.

I'll need it. I am giving up the home field to the CL again.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #281
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
OMG, this is ape shit crazy.

gstelmack may be on suicide watch after this one.

My hats off to the best competitor I have faced in this current run. Boston and gstelmack deserves so much more than this. I can't wait to go over this one, box score by box score.

Man its been his year for what seems like forever......just cant seem to get over that hump.....
Old 08-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #282
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Yessir. Never happened before. We thought we were gonna come close a few years back when Valdosta finished 2 GB, but...this is the first time it's actually happened for real. Much less with 3 teams within the distance.

Looks like I joined at the right time.

This is awesome. Thanks, y'all.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #283
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At least Boston made him earn it. I mean, at least it wasn't the cakewalk it's been in the past. Shows there are teams that are hungry and want it, so that's cool. Boston isn't going away either and he's got the farm system to boot.

From a fun perspective, nothing beats this.

But my cardiologist prefers the cakewalks.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #284
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Looks like I joined at the right time.

This is awesome. Thanks, y'all.

We are glad your here bud.....
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #285
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Oh and a BIG...

to Dark Cloud in two capacities. One, for running a league as exciting as this, and, Two, for the incredible season Quad City had. It's easy to forget them in the hubbub of the tie-breaker series, but they were right there, and were one of the more pleasant surprises of the season.

I appreciate that. Makes me really glad I came back this year to run them. I knew we have a special group and I didn't want to give up on them yet, because unlike my past teams, I feel REALLY connected to some of the youngsters we've got. I'm really proud of them. Even though it'll go down as a 3rd place finish, I think we've effectively cleaned the stain of our life as the hapless Chicago Comets for good with our 4th straight winning season.

Maybe I really do know what I'm doing?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #286
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh and a BIG...

Old 08-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #287
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is 54.71 MB and is uploading now. @ 14%
Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #288
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I appreciate that. Makes me really glad I came back this year to run them. I knew we have a special group and I didn't want to give up on them yet, because unlike my past teams, I feel REALLY connected to some of the youngsters we've got. I'm really proud of them. Even though it'll go down as a 3rd place finish, I think we've effectively cleaned the stain of our life as the hapless Chicago Comets for good with our 4th straight winning season.

Maybe I really do know what I'm doing?

Happiest thing for me from the Quad City perspective? You still have Montoya over there, and you picked up Proctor, one of my favorite pitchers. It broke my heart letting him go.

Did you know he once went 20-0 in the minors? Check it out. I was like, "Okay, next season he goes in my rotation."

(P.S. That rookie season was my championship season)

Old 08-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #289
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

COLUMBUS SALARY CAP VIOLATION

The Board of Directors acknowledged the salary cap violation of the Columbus Crusaders. They have issued a warning, but remind the owner that a future violation would result in the loss of a draft pick. We understand that it was just a good faith mistake, given the confusion related to which salary cap number to follow and the issue was rectified without much of a real issue.

So we consider the matter closed at this time.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #290
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Happiest thing for me from the Quad City perspective? You still have Montoya over there, and you picked up Proctor, one of my favorite pitchers. It broke my heart letting him go.

Did you know he once went 20-0 in the minors? Check it out. I was like, "Okay, next season he goes in my rotation."

(P.S. That rookie season was my championship season)

That trade we made with you was still one of the smartest trades I've ever made in this league. It was the thing that started my revival over here. We still have to go out and get some arms, but offensively, we've got some talents on the way. I'm still really glad I went and got Theirry Fournier at a time when I thought we would content, but thought trading Hardee was the right thing to do, even though he was still young.

Fournier is just 21 now and that trade seems like forever ago.

I've never built a team this way before, but it's been fun. Montoya is a beast, too.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the two numbers thing can be confusing. I am glad I had my close call with that last year. It showed me the difference between the two and how to manipulate both.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #292
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I have to give my kudos to Baltimore. He's quickly emerging as one of the best GMs in our league and I didn't think he was gonna have as big a year over there has he did, but the Terps were right in the battle until the end and to me, that's just huge. He's made some nice signings and given that Baltimore is one of my favorite teams in the league due to their early success, I think it's awesome that he's brought them back to prominence.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #293
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That trade we made with you was still one of the smartest trades I've ever made in this league. It was the thing that started my revival over here. We still have to go out and get some arms, but offensively, we've got some talents on the way. I'm still really glad I went and got Theirry Fournier at a time when I thought we would content, but thought trading Hardee was the right thing to do, even though he was still young.

Fournier is just 21 now and that trade seems like forever ago.

I've never built a team this way before, but it's been fun. Montoya is a beast, too.

What's great about that trade is, for all that I traded away, do you think I have regretted once? Of course not. Davis has been every bit the powerful ace I thought I was trading for.

And if the game didn't do some little contract hiccup like it sometimes does, Davis signed a pretty cheap three year extension this past season.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #294
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is at 46% I'd give it another 25 minutes or so. I have to go make sure my gf isn't mad at me for sitting in here an hour longer than I intended.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #295
graygoose12
H.S. Freshman Team

In all of the seasons of online OOTP leagues I think this is the first time I've made the playoffs.

I had a rising team that was going to challenge in the RWBL, but that league abruptly ended. In that league I started with a terrible team, with some good young players.

Other than that I've usually taken over bad teams, and haven't had enough time to develop anything before the league ended.

So I am pretty excited about this. It makes me happy that I was not only to overcome Valdosta(thanks to cap issues) but also hold off the other rising teams in the CL.

I look forward to the Classic!
graygoose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #296
kaosfere
College Prospect

Alrighty, DC. I gotta be up in 7 hours to help a friend move so I'm going to disconnect and unwind for a while. Congrats again to you and everyone.

I'll see how I ended up in the morning!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #297
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
File is at 46% I'd give it another 25 minutes or so. I have to go make sure my gf isn't mad at me for sitting in here an hour longer than I intended.

ahhhh....... good luck with that one...... mine is gonna be here tomorrow, and i can already hear it.... "dont start with that fool thing tonight"... makes me laugh
Old 08-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #298
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12 View Post
In all of the seasons of online OOTP leagues I think this is the first time I've made the playoffs.

I had a rising team that was going to challenge in the RWBL, but that league abruptly ended. In that league I started with a terrible team, with some good young players.

Other than that I've usually taken over bad teams, and haven't had enough time to develop anything before the league ended.

So I am pretty excited about this. It makes me happy that I was not only to overcome Valdosta(thanks to cap issues) but also hold off the other rising teams in the CL.

You surely have earned it.... Your offseason was nice!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoose12 View Post

The RWBL ended?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #300
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

WOW what a season, I am just sad I had to take a quick nap for work and was unable to be here live.

Congrats to Goose and Chief. I am torn who I want to win the Championship as I want it to stay in the CL; but I also don't want to see Chief and his Colorado team become the Buffalo Bills of FOOL.

Last edited by Commo_Soldier : 08-30-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote