Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #201
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Game only generated one prospect in the draft who are potential 2-5 stars.

Needless to say, that won't fly.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #202
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Exporting the file now.

I don't know why I keep doing this and forgetting to process trades.

So wait.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-10-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #203
muns
Pro Starter

You bring your closer boy back out into the market? I suspect there is gonna be a nice bidding war over him.

Ouch that draft sucks, you add a lil flavor to it?
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #204
kaosfere
College Prospect

I hate when my DVR catches up to real time and I have to watch commercials.

*time-killing non-sequitor*
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #205
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you didn't make a trade, the file is up. If you did, gimmie a minute to process and re-upload. ONe day, I'll stop messing this up.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #206
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
You bring your closer boy back out into the market? I suspect there is gonna be a nice bidding war over him.

Ouch that draft sucks, you add a lil flavor to it?

Yeah, I did bring him back out last night, so he's out there. So is Ricardo Gonzalez.

And yes, I added some flavor to the draft. 60 players with 2-5 prospect star ratings.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #207
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

That's it, my season is over already. So much for the improvement we made last year, we just went backwards in pitching this year. I guess next week is another year.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #208
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Highlanders looking for one strong MR guy and REALLY looking for a high contact guy to bat second or third. I have enormous cap room left so could take on a high priced guy or a multi player salary dump that includes one high quality player. For a 90+contact guy i would dip into my top tier prospects (1 of them!). Age of player back to me would have to be <31 so he would still be viable when I expect my organization to peak. Pipe dream I know but can't hurt to ask.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #209
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

New file is up for Baltimore and Hartford for their trade.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #210
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
I didnt. I think he overpaid, but for pitching overpaying is common and you gotta do it to compete. He got a guy that will sit atop his rotation for a while. He has an interesting team IMO.

Well this is my first free agency so I'm green for sure. During the first rounds I got nobody (and I went after about 10 guys) so I assumed I was low balling people too much. Then I had very little options in starting pitching so I made up my mind to go high just to get at least one good starting pitcher in my rotation. I was going to go with "meet demand" but seeing how there was plenty of teams with money to blow, I played it safe. Well I hope he's worth it.

It takes time in a league like this to get a feel for the going rate of a player on the market. The star rating system is not much of a guide and I don't have enough experience to know whats a good bid for a good player. Is the star rating system based on position or is it an overall rating among all players??

It is my belief that offering extentions in the begining of a year will be cheaper than offering it at the end... all things being equal, is this correct?

Later
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #211
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_number View Post
Well this is my first free agency so I'm green for sure. During the first rounds I got nobody (and I went after about 10 guys) so I assumed I was low balling people too much. Then I had very little options in starting pitching so I made up my mind to go high just to get at least one good starting pitcher in my rotation. I was going to go with "meet demand" but seeing how there was plenty of teams with money to blow, I played it safe. Well I hope he's worth it.

It takes time in a league like this to get a feel for the going rate of a player on the market. The star rating system is not much of a guide and I don't have enough experience to know whats a good bid for a good player. Is the star rating system based on position or is it an overall rating among all players??

It is my belief that offering extentions in the begining of a year will be cheaper than offering it at the end... all things being equal, is this correct?

Later

Magic, I think you did a nice job. Your team last year wasnt on anyones radar and then look out!!!! You were top 3 for like the first 4 months. Now you add a good pitcher. Things should be looking alright for you again this year I would think.

It takes time to get used to the league, and to determine whats a fair deal in trades and in FA, but like I said everyone over pays on the open market in FA for a top notch starting pitcher. 10 mil is prob the average, and you didnt go much above that. I Think you did what you had to do.

The star rating system is based on the positions like you said, which I dont like but thats OOTP for you.

Also with the contracts it all depends. If a guy is coming off a bad year he might be cheaper at the beg of the year. If he has a good year he will be more expensive at the end. It can go the other way too though and if a guys wants a ton of money and you dont want to give it to him and he sucks it up, his price tag may come down, and youll prob re sign him....

Also dont be afraid to ask someones opinion through PM on a deal or a contract. Most of the guys here are open and honest with you, even if they are in your division. I have done it more than a few times, just to see if i wasnt looking at something correctly, and I think im ok in terms of what im doing.

Looking forward to seeing how Nori pitches for you this year and what his stats end up looking like.

Last edited by muns : 09-11-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #212
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Later

You didn't really overpay in my opinion. Had you not bid that, I'd have gotten him for a year less than you did, at similar money.

You now have an ace to build around and he won't have to do much to keep you competitive, so long as you can build an offense around him, which is doable in this league.

So I dunno. It's all touch and go, but with Colorado improving, Boston lurking Hartford surging and then Quad City getting stronger, you had to do something and I don't think this is a bad move in a league where tip-top pitching is still a premium asset.

We just have a split of aggressive v. more conservative owners around here, so the philosophies have just as much to do with what happens as anything else.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #213
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't remember the last time I got a big named free agent to actually sign with me... Maybe Prado in 1968. Maybe GG is right and that the players don't want to play for my team!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #214
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't remember the last time I got a big named free agent to actually sign with me... Maybe Prado in 1968. Maybe GG is right and that the players don't want to play for my team!

Then you must be one hell of a day trader b/c you have the results we all strive for.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll take your advice Muns & start spamming u all for tricks of the trade. I'm used to learning the hard way... I've always been the wild child in my circles & feel that doing it yourself is the best way to go. You remember better when you make mistakes, at least that is the case for me. All in all, not a bad signing, esp. since I really needed to bag a starter once SP Myers left the team... that rat!
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Last edited by magic_number : 09-11-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #215
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Poor guy...I'd pass you a tissue if I thought you could hold it with all of those rings on your hands...

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #216
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Poor guy...I'd pass you a tissue if I thought you could hold it with all of those rings on your hands...

That gave me a chuckle

DC Ive exported, so it should be there
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #217
TimGuru
High School Varsity

NY has exported, with all kinds of important things going on. Major overhaul of the whole system and some other attempted tweaks.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #218
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Darkcloud, I need a few more minutes please. Sorry I'm pulling a chief rum tonight

Old 09-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #219
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, I exported earlier today just in case I didn't get home tonight but it really didn't have everything complete and was rushed. So you'll see an export from me, but its not my real one. Sorry for any delay. I'll be fast I promise!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #220
magic_number
Mascot

just sent in 2nd time can u use that one instead, DC??
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Last edited by magic_number : 09-11-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #221
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
Dola, I exported earlier today just in case I didn't get home tonight but it really didn't have everything complete and was rushed. So you'll see an export from me, but its not my real one. Sorry for any delay. I'll be fast I promise!

+1----I Forgot about the draft again

Muns I got a PM from you but I can't never open them from anyone?? I have pop ups OK but still a no-go I request that u guys e-mail me @ [email protected] rather then PM me b/c I can't get it to work... sorry...
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 09-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #222
magic_number
Mascot

Q: Does the A.I. do a good job with your draft picks? Just wondering.
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 09-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #223
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Muns I got a PM from you but I can't never open them from anyone?? I have pop ups OK but still a no-go I request that u guys e-mail me @ [email protected] rather then PM me b/c I can't get it to work... sorry...

What happens when you click the "Private Messages" link in the top right, under where it says "Welcome, magic_number"?
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #224
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
+1----I Forgot about the draft again

No worries. Ill make sure i send it to you at your email addy for next time (too late now). Have you just tried to click on the PM link in the top right hand of your screen? I have to do that as the pop up that comes up saying i have a pm I cant ever get to work either.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #225
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Q: Does the A.I. do a good job with your draft picks? Just wondering.

Its hit and miss IMO.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #226
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok done, sorry about the delay DC. I am all set and my file is up.

Last edited by Alan T : 09-11-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #227
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I wasn't around until now anyway. So alas, it's time for exports.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #228
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
What happens when you click the "Private Messages" link in the top right, under where it says "Welcome, magic_number"?

It works just fine... has a wonderful list & all, boy do I feel dumb. A clear case of operator head space. Well, now I'll know where to look if I get a no-go pop-up in the future.

Muns, I'll reply to your PM to see if it works from this link that list all the PM's I have gotten... can you confirm?

I have come to the realization that Thursdays will be a very busy night, DUH
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #229
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Processed the deadline deal. Now I'm gonna run the file. Brooklyn and Ann Arbor absent.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #230
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
It works just fine... has a wonderful list & all, boy do I feel dumb. A clear case of operator head space. Well, now I'll know where to look if I get a no-go pop-up in the future.

Muns, I'll reply to your PM to see if it works from this link that list all the PM's I have gotten... can you confirm?

I have come to the realization that Thursdays will be a very busy night, DUH

yep it worked, so you should be good to go now bud
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #231
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Friday, January 31st, 1975
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF P. Buchanan to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B M. Logan to a minor league contract extension.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent C S. Jones to a 4-year contract worth a total of $17,675,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B D. Forrest to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR C. Schumaker to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CL D. Hennessey to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $7,120,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B G. Roberts to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B J. Sánchez to a minor league contract extension.
Thursday, January 30th, 1975
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent 3B R. López to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,070,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SP W. Scott to a 2-year contract worth a total of $570,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed CF N. Jones to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent CL X. Tien to a 4-year contract worth a total of $34,420,000.
Wednesday, January 29th, 1975
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B M. Dunbar to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B N. Hunter to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed LF W. Davis to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed CL T. Kumagai to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP G. Carr to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF D. Dunn to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF D. Lee to a minor league contract extension.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #232
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sunday, February 2nd, 1975
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent CF D. Myers to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,530,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B H. Schmidt to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B R. Mejía to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF M. Carlson to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B T. Harper to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP D. Paul to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF T. Rogers to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed LF R. Miller to a minor league contract extension.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed SP T. Sparks to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $16,770,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP A. Miller to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $4,890,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 3B C. Mercado to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed C F. Vázquez to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP R. Padilla to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $9,135,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed LF T. Holt to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed CF A. Hughes to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed RF J. Montero to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS D. Harmon to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR A. Challinor to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B B. Chapman to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CF J. Warren to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B B. Short to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B N. McKnight to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR W. O'Donnell to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR M. Ramos to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B R. McGill to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF C. Knapp to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B S. Johnston to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed LF D. Santiago to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR M. Johnson to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SS K. Hayes to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed CF D. Beck to a minor league contract extension.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent 2B M. Jones to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,730,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 2B G. O'Healy to a minor league contract extension.
Texas Travelers: Signed free agent SP R. Hooper to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,710,000.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent MR J. Vargas to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,445,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP L. Ramírez to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP J. García to a minor league contract extension.
Quad City Thunderstorms: Signed free agent CF R. Gonzáles to a 5-year contract worth a total of $28,000,000.
New York Highlanders: Signed free agent RF E. Hoskins to a 3-year contract worth a total of $25,580,000.
Saturday, February 1st, 1975
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B G. Warren to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B R. Howard to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 1B N. Dotson to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed 3B J. Stone to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed RF M. Williams to a minor league contract extension.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #233
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1975 DRAFT ORDER

1. Brooklyn
2. New York
3. Colorado
4. New Orleans
5. Ann Arbor
6. Toronto
7. Compton
8. Texas
9. Boston
10. Hartford
11. Rio Grande
12. Baltimore
13. Columbus
14. Quad City
15. Atlanta
16. Valdosta
Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #234
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: RF T. MacFadden
Round 9, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: CF K. Smith
Round 9, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: 1B N. Cantú
Round 9, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: C A. Fountain
Round 9, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP A. Poutanen
Round 9, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SP R. Knoppert
Round 9, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SS P. Gonzáles
Round 9, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: CF P. Castillo
Round 9, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: RF T. Vigueras
Round 9, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: RF J. Cervantes
Round 9, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF L. Alemán
Round 9, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP P. Fournier
Round 9, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: SP H. Boersma
Round 9, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: CF R. Conner
Round 9, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF J. Sekiguchi
Round 9, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: LF D. Kirk
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP S. Mercer
Round 8, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: SP B. Long
Round 8, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: SP F. Hernández
Round 8, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: LF Z. Hsing
Round 8, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: CF J. Maxwell
Round 8, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: 2B A. O'Donnell
Round 8, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP R. Clark
Round 8, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: SP C. Ward
Round 8, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: RF M. Avilés
Round 8, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: CL T. Chase
Round 8, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP J. Leyva
Round 8, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: LF J. Blevins
Round 8, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: 3B C. Sellers
Round 8, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: C V. Gates
Round 8, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP J. Velásquez
Round 8, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP N. McGinnis
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS W. Perales
Round 7, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: 3B J. Gonzáles
Round 7, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: SP K. Adamczak
Round 7, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: C M. Costa
Round 7, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP R. Schultz
Round 7, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SP A. Ríos
Round 7, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: CF G. Ramírez
Round 7, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: SS J. Ellis
Round 7, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: CF A. Lozano
Round 7, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: 2B J. Turner
Round 7, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF E. West
Round 7, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP C. Román
Round 7, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: SP V. Frazier
Round 7, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: 2B J. Reeves
Round 7, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF F. Ortega
Round 7, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP C. Torres
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP F. Ramírez
Round 6, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: SP R. Harvey
Round 6, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B H. Xú
Round 6, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: 1B G. Pratt
Round 6, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF R. Ibarra
Round 6, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: LF J. Michael
Round 6, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: C R. Ryan
Round 6, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: SP D. Brown
Round 6, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP B. Pope
Round 6, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: MR R. Maxwell
Round 6, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP K. Auchinleck
Round 6, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: 2B M. Desjardins
Round 6, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: SP B. Smith
Round 6, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: SP D. Ortíz
Round 6, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF A. Salazar
Round 6, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP C. Mayes
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: RF M. Schmidt
Round 5, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: LF L. Carson
Round 5, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: C T. Joyce
Round 5, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: CF P. Banks
Round 5, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP R. Allbutt
Round 5, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SP J. Gonzáles
Round 5, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: 2B A. Rangel
Round 5, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: 3B K. Peters
Round 5, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: RF J. Zambrano
Round 5, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: MR A. McPherson
Round 5, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF B. Duplessis
Round 5, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP J. Salcido
Round 5, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: SP L. Paige
Round 5, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: LF J. Harris
Round 5, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: LF R. Rodríguez
Round 5, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: 1B Y. Yang
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 1B C. Gutiérrez
Round 4, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: SP N. Chipman
Round 4, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: SP S. Ueno
Round 4, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: SP B. Baker
Round 4, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: RF B. Douglas
Round 4, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: RF A. Rosa
Round 4, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP K. McGillis
Round 4, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: RF J. Benson
Round 4, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP N. Yamada
Round 4, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B D. Gaines
Round 4, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: C R. Morris
Round 4, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: RF F. García
Round 4, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: SP J. Stevens
Round 4, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: C M. Forest
Round 4, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP M. Medina
Round 4, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP M. Crews
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B C. Wurzburg
Round 3, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: SP T. Lloyd
Round 3, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: 3B B. Reid
Round 3, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: C H. Morales
Round 3, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP P. Subandrio
Round 3, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SS J. Rigsby
Round 3, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: 2B R. Hernández
Round 3, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: 1B S. Murto
Round 3, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: C H. Williams
Round 3, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: MR M. López
Round 3, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 2B J. Tejeda
Round 3, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP J. Leis
Round 3, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: SP J. Mata
Round 3, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: 3B J. Chase
Round 3, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF P. Douglas
Round 3, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF A. Lagario
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C A. Mitchell
Round 2, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: CF G. Baird
Round 2, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: SP P. Wilson
Round 2, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: C T. Makino
Round 2, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SP A. Guzmán
Round 2, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: 2B J. Negrete
Round 2, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: RF H. Aragón
Round 2, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: LF F. Herrera
Round 2, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 3B D. Contreras
Round 2, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: MR Q. Medici
Round 2, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: MR P. Guerrero
Round 2, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: CF J. Torrez
Round 2, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: 1B J. Guerrero
Round 2, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: C H. Sims
Round 2, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 1B E. Cherry
Round 2, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF J. Brown
Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C Y. Chong
Round 1, Pick 2 - New York Highlanders: SP D. Berui
Round 1, Pick 3 - Colorado Rancheros: SP J. Hart
Round 1, Pick 4 - New Orleans Rens: 3B K. Nishida
Round 1, Pick 5 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: LF B. Schmidt
Round 1, Pick 6 - Toronto Osprey: SP M. Brown
Round 1, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: RF E. Morgan
Round 1, Pick 8 - Texas Travelers: 2B J. Gonzáles
Round 1, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: RF L. Pizzoli
Round 1, Pick 10 - Hartford Harpooners: SP M. Vázquez
Round 1, Pick 11 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP G. Owens
Round 1, Pick 12 - Baltimore Terrapins: RF F. Ruíz
Round 1, Pick 13 - Columbus Crusaders: RF V. Narvaes
Round 1, Pick 14 - Quad City Thunderstorms: LF G. McKay
Round 1, Pick 15 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 1B L. Abbott
Round 1, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP P. Silva
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #235
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1975 SPRING TRAINING STANDINGS

CL
Texas 15-9
New York 14-10
Baltimore 14-10
Toronto 14-10
Valdosta 12-12
Brooklyn 9-15
Rio Grande 9-15
Atlanta 9-15

RL
Compton 18-6
Quad City 15-9
Columbus 12-12
Boston 12-12
Ann Arbor 11-13
New Orleans 11-13
Colorado 10-14
Hartford 7-17

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-11-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #236
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
yep it worked, so you should be good to go now bud

Roger that, bro.
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #237
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

TOP SYSTEMS, 1975
Code:
Minor League Systems # Team Points Top 5 Prospects 1st Hartford Harpooners 289 3B S. McGill (1st), LF G. Baker (4th), P D. Robinson (6th), P J. Aquino (15th), P D. Simpson (29th) 2nd Brooklyn Brownstones 208 C Y. Chong (2nd), C M. Fontaine (12th), RF J. Valéncia (17th), RF M. Schmidt (27th), SS S. Endo (34th) 3rd Ann Arbor Wolverines 171 LF B. Schmidt (3rd), 1B B. Barrett (9th), RF J. Lane (20th), RF M. Daniels (21st), 2B R. Stace (54th) 4th New Orleans Rens 166 LF J. García (14th), 1B G. Mata (22nd), C T. Makino (26th), 2B F. Acevedo (31st), P S. Gonzáles (37th) 5th Columbus Crusaders 125 LF K. Kelley (5th), RF S. Oliver (13th), P R. Fritz (23rd), P R. Wilkins (48th), 1B D. William (87th) 6th Rio Grande Roadrunners 79 LF S. Patterson (24th), 2B G. Stewart (30th), P M. Kelley (43rd), RF G. Turner (64th), P M. Thompson (71st) 7th Boston Settlers 79 SS L. Crawford (16th), P B. Silver (32nd), P M. López (46th), CF J. Smith (59th), RF L. Pizzoli (61st) 8th New York Highlanders 78 1B T. Conway (10th), CF B. Waller (41st), SS R. Hoffman (50th), RF L. Pierce (84th), P M. Green (90th) 9th Baltimore Terrapins 77 CF D. Sánchez (18th), P E. Barraclough (47th), 2B G. Moore (55th), RF R. Huff (60th), 2B B. Booth (73rd) 10th Compton Brothers 75 RF D. Hunter (8th), CF A. Poole (19th), P B. Huggins (78th), 1B C. Curtis (94th) 11th Colorado Rancheros 57 1B C. Trujillo (7th), P M. Stewart (53rd), LF C. Drew (74th) 12th Atlanta Firecrackers 56 1B R. Pacheco (25th), SS W. Pearce (36th), CF S. Harmon (42nd) 13th Texas Travelers 55 1B J. Poe (11th), P E. Washington (67th), 2B J. Gonzáles (72nd), RF J. González (75th) 14th Toronto Osprey 44 P K. Gates (33rd), RF I. Booker (51st), CF C. Numbers (69th), 2B C. Morgan (81st), P G. Méndez (96th) 15th Valdosta Peanuts 39 RF C. Knapp (28th), RF S. Anderson (52nd), SS K. Hayes (79th) 16th Quad City Thunderstorms 7 RF J. Jaimes (77th), LF G. McKay (99th)
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #238
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SALARY REPORT
Code:
Rank Team Payroll 1 Atlanta Firecrackers $64,965,000 2 Valdosta Peanuts $64,902,000 3 Colorado Rancheros $64,715,650 4 Compton Brothers $63,844,000 5 Columbus Crusaders $63,222,900 6 Rio Grande Roadrunners $63,074,250 7 Toronto Osprey $62,829,400 8 Boston Settlers $62,274,650 9 Baltimore Terrapins $61,561,000 10 Quad City Thunderstorms $58,620,540 11 Hartford Harpooners $55,492,140 12 Texas Travelers $53,704,800 13 Brooklyn Brownstones $53,201,680 14 New Orleans Rens $49,817,800 15 Ann Arbor Wolverines $48,923,400 16 New York Highlanders $48,187,320
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #239
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Red Headed stepchild breaks into the top 30! Will he make it to the majors this season, or will he be treated like a red headed stepchild and cast off into the minors? Only Spring training results will tell!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #240
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
SALARY REPORT
Code:
Rank Team Payroll 1 Atlanta Firecrackers $64,965,000 2 Valdosta Peanuts $64,902,000 3 Colorado Rancheros $64,715,650 4 Compton Brothers $63,844,000 5 Columbus Crusaders $63,222,900 6 Rio Grande Roadrunners $63,074,250 7 Toronto Osprey $62,829,400 8 Boston Settlers $62,274,650 9 Baltimore Terrapins $61,561,000 10 Quad City Thunderstorms $58,620,540 11 Hartford Harpooners $55,492,140 12 Texas Travelers $53,704,800 13 Brooklyn Brownstones $53,201,680 14 New Orleans Rens $49,817,800 15 Ann Arbor Wolverines $48,923,400 16 New York Highlanders $48,187,320

This astounds me. I remember when there was a time when..well, this wasn't the story at all. When teams spent barely anything. Very intriguing stuff.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-11-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #241
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
1975 SPRING TRAINING STANDINGS

CL
Texas 15-9
New York 14-10
Baltimore 14-10
Toronto 14-10
Valdosta 12-12
Brooklyn 9-15
Rio Grande 9-15
Atlanta 9-15

RL
Compton 18-6
Quad City 15-9
Columbus 12-12
Boston 12-12
Ann Arbor 11-13
New Orleans 11-13
Colorao 10-14
Hartford 7-17

Geez I know I had just about every single starter at AAA but thats just horrible
Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #242
muns
Pro Starter

Cringer had a nice sim here, picking up a few quality guys
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #243
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
This astounds me. I remember when there was a time when..well, this wasn't the story at all. When teams spent barely anything. Very intriguing stuff.

I could have spent more but it didn't seem to make sense this year. Promising spring training results, although I had my A team in there except for recent acquisition and I know others were probably doing some test driving.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #244
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wonder how that's gonna work. Jones is gonna back up Tanaka? Play first base? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #245
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Cringer had a nice sim here, picking up a few quality guys

Didn't really think I would get the Catcher. Is it possible to have two guys behind the plate at the same time? I mean I need to have two pitchers on the mound to equal one real one, so it all evens out....
Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #246
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
Geez I know I had just about every single starter at AAA but thats just horrible

Why do that? To get a better sense of who's ready for the show? I just use ST to test my line-ups... your way may be better...

** Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent MR J. Vargas to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,445,000 - not a bad deal, the RR's took him from me. I was hoping to get baby bull back to the hood, but I guess Team options are not popular with the FA's huh?

I wish we could have more time w/the rookie draft. B/C I take too long looking at each Rook/FA to get it done after work. You were right muns... the A.I. chose two RF in Rd. 1 & 2... I don't need no more OF! Someone is getting fired!
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #247
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

dola- Glad to get Mike Jones back as well.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #248
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Vargas isn't a bad pickup either. Hopefully my bullpen carries the load for some of the starters...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #249
magic_number
Mascot

I just tried to get my file & got an error??
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #250
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Why do that? To get a better sense of who's ready for the show? I just use ST to test my line-ups... your way may be better...

Yeah, it's a good way to test out who might be ready for those last few roster spots. ST is also a good idea to test a guy at a different position to give them experience to do it during the season.