Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #151
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I couldnt get into FLOP...
The lack of draft took the fun out of it for me.
Sim Day#1, FA Day#2, Draft/FA#2/Spring training on day#3 and repeat and I'll resign my only Non-FOOL league to make time for this one...
But if you decide to go non-draft again I will cheerlead and encourage from the sidelines! But no pressure, I really don't want to leave my other league

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #152
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
I couldnt get into FLOP...
The lack of draft took the fun out of it for me.
Sim Day#1, FA Day#2, Draft/FA#2/Spring training on day#3 and repeat and I'll resign my only Non-FOOL league to make time for this one...
But if you decide to go non-draft again I will cheerlead and encourage from the sidelines! But no pressure, I really don't want to leave my other league

A draft and a Vulture League could be cool. Especially with that kind of schedule that you outlined.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #153
Tasan
College Starter

I'm fine with draft, and we'd definitely have some kind of Vulture League. Also, I want to do this in OOTP-X. Maybe if our Vulture works, we can talk Alan into integrating it for FOOL-X at some point.

DC, when would you be available to talk about the setup? I'm a little fuzzy on getting this all ready to go for online purposes, and I'd need help with factors for the Vulture league.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #154
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I'm fine with draft, and we'd definitely have some kind of Vulture League. Also, I want to do this in OOTP-X. Maybe if our Vulture works, we can talk Alan into integrating it for FOOL-X at some point.

DC, when would you be available to talk about the setup? I'm a little fuzzy on getting this all ready to go for online purposes, and I'd need help with factors for the Vulture league.

For whatever it is worth, I have been testing feeder leagues with a FOOL type set up in OOTP-X. From what I can tell it works ok as long as you get the PCM values right (so it doesn't flood the market with too much talent). The biggest issue in the old FOOL days was the FOOL PCMs were too high, and the Vulture League PCMs were too high and it created a perfect storm of talent madness

From my experience in testing feeder leagues in ootpx, they work fine as long as PCMs are kept in check. If you don't do that then you end up with too much talent in 20 seasons or less.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #155
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

TimGuru sent me a Facebook note (he can't post on FOFC from his phone) and said he's down for this, too.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #156
Tasan
College Starter

Alan, if you wouldn't mind sharing some of your research, I'd love to incorporate your PCM numbers into this league. It turns out I'm real busy this weekend, so would early next week be good to talk about setting this up?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #157
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
TimGuru sent me a Facebook note (he can't post on FOFC from his phone) and said he's down for this, too.

Great! We're gonna keep the number of teams low like the original FLOP. I'm sure this frantic pace is gonna be tough for everyone.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Alan, if you wouldn't mind sharing some of your research, I'd love to incorporate your PCM numbers into this league. It turns out I'm real busy this weekend, so would early next week be good to talk about setting this up?

Sure, I don't mind tossing in what I know to help you set it up. I'm going to have to pass on participating as I feel any more leagues of any kind (FOF/OOTP/whatever) will only pull me away from time I can spend on current leagues, and I already feel like I'm not doing enough for FOOL-X as it is

As for the feeder leagues, basically I find when you set your PCM values for the league, the players created for that league come out in ranges based on those values. You have the scrubs still, the average players and then the superstars. I don't remember the exact values that I used at the time (I no longer have that test league I don't think. I will have to look for it), but they were a bit below AAA FOOL-X level. That in turn resulted in the average player in that vulture league being a career minor leaguer at best, but a handful of guys ended up being good enough to at least be a major league backup or major league starter, with one or two all stars in there.

Even that little still inflated the overall level of talent in the league a little bit, but not too much where it wasn't manageable.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #159
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm interested.

Can you guys give specifics on what you mean by vulture league? I think I know what you mean, but want clarification.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #160
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I'm interested.

Can you guys give specifics on what you mean by vulture league? I think I know what you mean, but want clarification.

The original FOOL had a separate league called the Vulture League. The idea behind it was two-fold (though it didn't end up working that way) that it'd be a league where people who wanted to play in FOOL could participate while waiting for a team and the other idea was for it to be home to players who were almost major league ready (think Japan) and that could make an impact to teams when signed. But they had six years deals in that league, so a lot of them would be signed when they were already in their prime, so it made people decide how they'd spend their money...and not all of them came over and were all that amazing.

I dunno how it'd work now, but that's the premise of the original VL.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #161
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I'd be interested in a league that uses the weekends. Man i get FOOL and FOOL-X withdrawals on the weekends on the weekends. I need something to occupy my time on the weekends anyhow.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 09-11-2009 at 12:54 PM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
I'd be interested in a league that uses the weekends. Man i get FOOL and FOOL-X withdrawals on the weekends on the weekends. I need something to occupy my time on the weekends anyhow.

You can spend time with my wife during the weekends. That would give her something to do and free me up more time to do fool stuff!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #163
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You can spend time with my wife during the weekends. That would give her something to do and free me up more time to do fool stuff!

My wife might have a problem with that a bit lol. I hope you knew i wasn't saying you didn't deserve the couple days off. I was just saying I like the leagues so much i want more.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #164
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My wife might have a problem with that a bit lol. I hope you knew i wasn't saying you didn't deserve the couple days off. I was just saying I like the leagues so much i want more.

I was just adding humor. It is what I do best

Old 09-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #165
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I was just adding humor. It is what I do best

You paying for the plane tickets?

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 09-11-2009 at 01:13 PM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #166
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You paying for the plane tickets?

plane? Use Amtrack, see the countryside!