Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #201
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Luke Crawford is really earning his contract. consistently on these win share lists.

I honestly cant believe you brought this up.

Glad you are happy with it, but finishing 30 games out of first doesnt really support anything you have had to say about him. Maybe its just me but that 10 mil might be better off going someplease else??? He only finshed as an MVP candidate once, the year everybody and their mother had an off year.

Not really sure why I even responded as I hope you continue to give guys like that those contracts as it just ties up FA money.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #202
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Luke Crawford is really earning his contract. consistently on these win share lists.

He is a monster...no doubt!

But it's a team game!
I had no hitters and 1 pitcher (and 3 fielders, but that hardly counts) on the winshares lists. Which opens the debate (which neither side can win because it's all theoretical) would you of been better of letting Craw walk and signing 3 above average ML players with the money saved, or did things work out best for you...

That said....If I had Crawford on my current team,with my current cap room, I would of totally offered Crawford that contract
I am a Crawford away from being MUNS...

So...uhhh...what do you want for him??

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #203
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post

I honestly cant believe you brought this up.

Glad you are happy with it, but finishing 30 games out of first doesnt really support anything you have had to say about him. Maybe its just me but that 10 mil might be better off going someplease else??? He only finshed as an MVP candidate once, the year everybody and their mother had an off year.

Not really sure why I even responded as I hope you continue to give guys like that those contracts as it just ties up FA money.

HEY!!! My mom was on FIRE that year...so back off

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #204
Anthony
Banned

he's a great leadoff hitter who'll one day be the leader in steals. and he's got a great glove. and he's not an OF.

with the playoffs being added i don't need to worry about finishing 30 games out of 1st - i just need to worry about getting the 2nd most wins in my conference. i got my infant in my hands or else i'd really lay into muns right now.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-08-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #205
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Ackk....edited because of a conscience

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

Last edited by ekcut : 11-08-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #206
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
i got my infant in my hands or else i'd really lay into muns right now.

Well then, your child just saved you from further self-embarrassment.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #207
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I am editing this post because it was stupidly pointless. Anthony is an ass. Have at him.

Last edited by TimGuru : 11-08-2008 at 04:06 PM.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #208
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
I agree with the school of thinking that Crawford's contract is depriving the Violators of resources that could be spent elsewhere.

I don't think Crawford's contract is bad at all. It could be better if there wasn't the huge year at the end, but for the average it is good. If one were to make an argument as to why the Violators are going to have problems they should look at the contract given to Oliver, not Crawford.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #209
Anthony
Banned

Steve Oliver was just named to the All Star game. he's earned his salary this season. next season is next season and i'll worry about it when i get to it. there aren't many people who take financials seriously in this league so i'm not about to hire more people for the team Accounting Dept. if we run into a pickle cap-wise in the future we'll cut salary and not compete that year. sometimes you gotta go for it. if others are content to watch the same team win the conference year after year then that's their problem.

i would like to also point out that Tim Guru is allowed his opinion. it wouldn't be a relevant opinion, but he's allowed it nonetheless. like me, he has never taken his team to the playoffs. unfortunately, unlike me his highest finish has been only 5th place - the Violators have been in 2nd place once, 3rd place 3 times. he's had over 300 more games under his belt, but that has translated into only 62 more wins. he has only a .439 lifetime career winning percentage, whereas the Violators are .002 away from having a .500 career winning percentage. so, while Tim may have his opinion on whether Crawford is worth that contract or not, he may want to start having some opinions about his own team. the Violators will always be fine because i'm running the team so you need not worry about us and how much we're paying our superstars.

Crawford has put up a very similar season to his MVP winning year. in fact he has more triples and hits this season than that season. so he's earning his money. this season alone this is where he's ranked in the following categories (for SS):

AVG: 1st
OBP: 1st
Hits: 1st
Triples: 1st
Runs Scored: 1st
Stolen Bases: 1st

wow.

what? you want more?

Slugging: 2nd
OBPS: 2nd
Runs Created/27 Outs: 2nd
VORP: 2nd
Doubles: 3rd
EBH: 3rd
Total Bases: 2nd

he's above and beyond the best SS in the league. another year, another mention on the win shares reports. par for the course. would it be great if for the money i'm paying him he could pitch - sure - but for his position and his credentials he deserves to be paid in the upper rungs of the league. sometimes when you want to have the best player at his position you have to pay a premium.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-08-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #210
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Wow, my winning percentage is that high? I didn't realize I had done well when I first took over a team that the AI had been running for 4 years. God knows I've been purposely trying to get the top draft pick for the last 3 seasons. I suck so bad that I can't even pull that off.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #211
Anthony
Banned

and i took over a team that has never been to the playoffs and has drafted an OF in 7 of the 8 years i've controlled the team, so what's your point. we all have our challenges when we take over a team.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #212
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Interesting fact:

Top 4 shortstop qualified players' salaries belong to:

The AI
Violators
Black Sox
Violators
Old 11-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #213
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
and i took over a team that has never been to the playoffs and has drafted an OF in 7 of the 8 years i've controlled the team, so what's your point. we all have our challenges when we take over a team.

Oh thats right. The Friday sim is the most important sim of the week, so you skip the draft sim instead, and get crapola, then whine.

And my POINT is, I do not unrealistically boast how fucking fantastic my team is or should be, you know, like you do.

Nor do I cry that I might quit the league because the league must be broken because my imaginedly fantastic team sucked again. You know, like you do.

Nor do I run away and hide for 3 days when my team sucks for a sim. You know, like you do.

Last edited by TimGuru : 11-08-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #214
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
And my POINT is, I do not unrealistically boast how fucking fantastic my team is

well, again, for a guy whose team has finished no higher than 5th place, ummmm, you really don't have much to boast about in any given year.

zzzzzzzzzing.

thank you, folks, try the veal.

that's what you call an alley oop. you set that up so good i may have to call you John Stockton.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #215
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
well, again, for a guy whose team has finished no higher than 5th place, ummmm, you really don't have much to boast about in any given year.

zzzzzzzzzing.

thank you, folks, try the veal.

that's what you call an alley oop. you set that up so good i may have to call you John Stockton.

You stupid fuck, no one, I mean no one thinks you are clever. "Try the veal"? Lame.

How about "Try some humble pie" you stupid prick. How can you brag on and on when you have done nothing. You finished in 3rd place 3 times? WOW! So even with the expanded playoffs you aren't in it. You've been here for what?--8 seasons now? What have you done that gives you any right or reason to be the boasting asshole that you are? Are you really that big of a damn troll?

This is a great league with alot of very good people. But this one guy is single handedly killing my desire to be around here. And I'm tired of seeing people defend the guy as if he's just some funny guy that I don't understand or whatever. "Let's put him on the BoD!" Yeah, that's a great idea.

I would like to see a vote about ousting this guy.

Last edited by Pike : 11-08-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #216
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You see, that's the thing. It's not about defending him. Just ignore him if he bugs you (and he clearly does).

I just don't let anything he says bug me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
You stupid fuck, no one, I mean no one thinks you are clever. "Try the veal"? Lame.

How about "Try some humble pie" you stupid prick. How can you brag on and on when you have done nothing. You finished in 3rd place 3 times? WOW! So even with the expanded playoffs you aren't in it. You've been here for what?--8 seasons now? What have you done that gives you any right or reason to be the boasting asshole that you are? Are you really that big of a damn troll?

This is a great league with alot of very good people. But this one guy is single handedly killing my desire to be around here. And I'm tired of seeing people defend the guy as if he's just some funny guy that I don't understand or whatever. "Let's put him on the BoD!" Yeah, that's a great idea.

I would like to see a vote about ousting this guy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #217
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

forget it

Last edited by Pike : 11-08-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #218
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Nice job ekcut, muns, and Ramz!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #219
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Thanks to everyone for the congrats as well!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote