Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #51
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I didn't let him go. I offered him extensions all year long. But it wasn't good enough. I'm fine to let him go for all of the money you offered him, as my plan is to spend minimally for the entire decade.

Is that still your plan, DC? I was wondering if you were still holding to that. Do you have a payroll figure in mind?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Valdosta...

I have been thinking of moving one my minor league franchises there and sullying the good name of the Peanuts. What say you, Alan?

I'll have to think of something witty to say and respond to this later. I keep typing things out and erasing them. My humor needs a recharge tonight

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #53
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
I didn't let him go. I offered him extensions all year long. But it wasn't good enough. I'm fine to let him go for all of the money you offered him, as my plan is to spend minimally for the entire decade.

Yeah, I know....sorry if I rubbed it in there. I had one go that way on me early on in my FOOL experience. Definitely not as tragic, with the trade and all there, but I understand. Its the last I'll say about it.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'll have to think of something witty to say and respond to this later. I keep typing things out and erasing them. My humor needs a recharge tonight

Heh, I already have an idea for a promotion. At the concession stand on opening day at the new Valdosta Single A (ATL) franchise, a box of Crackerjacks selling for $5 a pop, and a bag of Peanuts just $0.20.

That way, everyone knows what's more valuable.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #55
Tasan
College Starter

Don't piss off the commish!

Remember that stud 5 star prospect you had?

1 star now!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #56
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Don't piss off the commish!

Remember that stud 5 star prospect you had?

1 star now!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Is that still your plan, DC? I was wondering if you were still holding to that. Do you have a payroll figure in mind?

No, not really. And if I did and told you all, that'd surely take all of the mystery out of it, wouldn't it.

But no, it's not particularly deliberate. I'm assembling talent as I see it. We all know this league moves fast and as a result, my strategies often change with it, depending on what entry points I see to make a move one way or another.

At this point, I'm just sorta watching things.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #58
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Got the guys I wanted, very nice. I feel a small bit of urgency to challenge over the next week or two (this and next season).
Old 11-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #59
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

i've definitely have gone overboard with my spending, i need to reign that in. i don't like being in a position where i can't compete for the top FAs (since this is an offseason league it makes sense to have money to do things....in the offseason). after my 3-4 year window expires i'm definitely changing things up. it'll be a new era for Long Island and i'm looking forward to it. i want to see how awesome Luke Crawford can be, if he can say he's the best SS in the league after he hangs up his cleats. and watching BJ Silver win numerous awards for the next 8-10 years will be fun. i just wish i didn't make that trade with Toronto where i traded them Manny Lopez for Arthur Summers. my thinking was since i was moving into a hitter's park it'd make sense to put the focus on, well, hitters, and use a good young pitcher whose numbers would be skewed in a hitter's park as trade bait. Summers never really wowed me, although he's been an extremely excellent fielder, winning a Gold Glove 3 times in a row while on my team.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #60
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Crap, I am over $65 million in salary. I thought I was going to be ok and just under. I have never been over that I remember, real close once but not over. Am I allowed to cut guys right now? I think I am....
Old 11-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #61
Tasan
College Starter

Well I'm ready to see this draft class. I have nothing to do FOOL-wise until after the sim tonight.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Crap, I am over $65 million in salary. I thought I was going to be ok and just under. I have never been over that I remember, real close once but not over. Am I allowed to cut guys right now? I think I am....

You can cut guys right now to get under the salary cap as needed. Just keep in mind though the rules regarding cutting a player. Can't cut anyone making more than $5mil a season unless they are in the last guaranteed year of their contract. Also be careful that you don't cut too much salary that it causes your team to go negative budget for the season. (Most teams tend to have between $5mil and $8mil extra cash to work with if you need to cut players.) Last season with a payroll of $59mil, you ended up with a surplus of $11 mil. So if you end up right at the cap, and don't change much else, you could likely say you should be safe with a $5mil cut.

Your other option is you could always try to trade some salary to another team that has cap room. Some teams might be willing to either trade for a player they need, or if you find no takers, you could see if someone would be willing to eat small salary if you throw in a minor league player of some sort.

So you have a few options available to you.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #63
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Alan. I wasn't looking to drop a ton, just enough to get under. I posted that SP in the trade block but don't even need to do that now I think. I forgot about an SP I sent down to AAA last year and who wouldn't make it back up this year either. He was costing me 2.5 or 3 million, so I cut his arse and I am perfectly fine and dandy now with the cap.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #64
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I just got back to my desk. I have about a million PMs and stuff, so the sim is going to start in about 10-12 minutes or so. Sorry for the delay.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #65
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, lets get this started. Tonight we'll be going from December 1st until Feb 1st. Draft pool is revealed tonight as well.

I am getting exports now.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No export from Chicago, Colorado, Napa Valley or Wyoming

Old 11-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #67
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Are any teams on AI control that you don't list as not having exported? Trying to gauge today's health-o-meter.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #68
Tasan
College Starter

I just didn't bother exporting. Not much to do right now.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #69
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I'm a little worried about brittdad because I know he had some plans (he had spreadsheets galore when I spoke with him earlier). I hope no learning curve issue bit him.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #70
Tasan
College Starter

DC go check the trade forum ;- )
Old 11-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #71
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Are any teams on AI control that you don't list as not having exported? Trying to gauge today's health-o-meter.

The only team that I didn't mention was Columbus which is pretty much AI now since Turner disappeared several weeks ago.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #72
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Friday, December 2nd, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed C B. Johnson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,065,000.

Saturday, December 3rd, 1983
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS N. Weeteling to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CL D. Hennessey to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $12,450,000.

Sunday, December 4th, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed RF D. Hunter to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $9,832,500.

Monday, December 5th, 1983
Baltimore Gothams: Signed 3B T. Dale to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR J. Pérez to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $1,390,000.

Tuesday, December 6th, 1983
New York Panthers: Signed free agent RF R. Chávez to a 4-year contract worth a total of $35,540,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR Q. Medici to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $2,835,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SP M. Brown to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $25,900,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B B. Fulgham to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B C. Holmes to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B E. Brown to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 3B M. Romero to a minor league contract extension.

Thursday, December 8th, 1983
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent SP J. Torres to a 1-year contract worth a total of $620,000.

Sunday, December 11th, 1983
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent RF M. Rasmussen to a 3-year contract worth a total of $3,680,000.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #73
Tasan
College Starter

Look at Mac get another contract. Go Big Mac.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #74
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Monday, December 12th, 1983
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent 2B P. Turner to a 1-year contract worth a total of $320,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent CL P. Castillo to a 1-year contract worth a total of $450,000.

Tuesday, December 13th, 1983
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent RF S. Thacker to a 2-year contract worth a total of $980,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP P. Wilson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,250,000.

Wednesday, December 14th, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 1B N. Hunter to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,230,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR S. Miller to a 1-year contract worth a total of $375,000.

Thursday, December 15th, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 2B E. Finch to a 1-year contract worth a total of $550,000.

Friday, December 16th, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF A. Walsh to a 2-year contract worth a total of $760,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 1B R. Silva to a 1-year contract worth a total of $400,000.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent LF C. Knapp to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,710,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP A. Hernández to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,150,000.

Saturday, December 17th, 1983
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent MR S. Osborn to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,970,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 2B W. Reed to a 3-year contract worth a total of $3,000,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SS É. Loiselle to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,630,600.

Monday, December 19th, 1983
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent LF D. Hurley to a 1-year contract worth a total of $950,000.

Tuesday, December 20th, 1983
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent RF V. Narvaes to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,780,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent MR J. Foster to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,500,000.

Thursday, December 22nd, 1983
Toronto Osprey: Signed free agent C M. Fontaine to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,000,000.

Friday, December 23rd, 1983
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent MR R. Frederick to a 3-year contract worth a total of $9,020,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent RF C. Weighell to a 6-year contract worth a total of $27,780,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP S. Godbout to a 1-year contract worth a total of $490,000.
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent SP F. Flores to a 1-year contract worth a total of $570,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent 1B L. Heijnen to a 1-year contract worth a total of $850,000.

Saturday, December 24th, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent CL Á. Cruz to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,595,000.
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent 3B G. Rodríguez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $385,000.

Tuesday, December 27th, 1983
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF I. Booker to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,360,000.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #75
TimGuru
High School Varsity

The Hartford emell seers are back in action, baby.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #76
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I can't wait to see my email from Weighell considering what he got and what I offered him (2 years, 4 mill total. )
Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sunday, January 1st, 1984
Long list of players who retired listed here:

Spoiler

Monday, January 2nd, 1984
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent C L. Palmer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $795,000.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #78
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Draft Pool has 27 players between 2 stars and 5 stars in talent.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Good G-d almighty. Hartford is seriously at unconscionable level of talent. Thank goodness for playoffs or else, there would be no point to playing the season. Not that it means much if you're gonna lose, but...at least now there's something to play for. I hate playoffs in a league this fast, but....it's almost necessary with the way that it's easy to build a dynasty here given the way talent distributes. Or doesn't, as it were.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Not a knock on the Pooner Nation, of course. I love Pooner nation. I'm just talking about the strange levels of talent inequality, despite the numbers of human owners.

We're clearly a league where the free market fails miserably, because too many owners overvalue their own players, so great to good players languish on teams that will never sniff the playoffs.

So in that way, we're very much like real life.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #81
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up.

I wanted to take a minute to talk about the Survey some as well. I want to thank everyone for their responses, I got pretty close to 100% league response and that tells me that the league still cares about what happens here and everyone wants to work to making it a better league.

Out of the people responded, the hot issues were:

The majority of owners felt there was too much drama, people not getting along and issues between owners (either they had issues with another owner or someone else obviously did).

There were also several owners that mentioned that the Pace/speed of FOOL might be a bit too quick and we might want to considering slowing it down just a hair.

When asked if the issue listed was enough that caused the owner to want to leave FOOL if not fixed, an overwhelming majority said things had gotten bad enough that they considered quitting or already wanted to. The majority also said they would want to stick around if things could be improved.

Also, almost everyone would be against any kind of restart of the league in the future. The majority liked the history and that was a big drawing point for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had somewhat lengthy conversations with several of the owners in regards to problems they may have had with other owners in the league. I don't see any point in trying to place the blame any longer to say who started what or who is at fault. I am going to personally take the blame for all of the drama that has happened the past few weeks. I sat back and just hoped it would fix itself by just asking it to get better. I should have done something sooner, but I didn't. After hearing so many people that are so unhappy with how the drama has become a black cloud on most of the conversations in the league, I have no choice but to act.

I am implementing a no-drama rule for the league. This is not intended to prevent people from doing friendly trashtalking with friends and I don't expect to police that, but I absolutely will not tolerate any more attacks, insults or calling other owners names in a provoked manner. I also am not tolerating any one picking fights or provoking someone else into a fight.

I have already spoken with a number of various owners involved and tried to make sure that it was very crystal clear that there is a very fine line that I'll be forced to respond to if anyone crosses it. I don't expect there to be any further problems and I would like to hope that we can put this black cloud behind us.

I had many different owners mention that this is the best OOTP league out there, and I would rather us focus back on that instead now. There are obviously all kinds of issues being looked at currently (offensive numbers in the game, how minor league contracts end up getting done, etc) and I fully expect those as well as many others to be handled in time.

I want to thank everyone once again for their input, conversation and thoughts and I fully welcome anyone who has questions or concerns to let me know. I have an open door policy and don't bite (too much).

Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #82
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

From the retired list, this scared the crap out of me for a second:

2B K. Tanaka retires.

I don't want C H. Tanaka to ever retire. He can be 53 and have all 10's for ratings and he will have a spot on my roster.

Last edited by Cringer : 11-12-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #83
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
From the retired list, this scared the crap out of me for a second:

2B K. Tanaka retires.

I am pretty sure that your Tanaka is going to play forever.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #84
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

No more drama??? does that mean I have to retire this little guy?

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #85
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
No more drama??? does that mean I have to retire this little guy?

I don't think he has to be retired just yet. I think the Baltimore Chipmunks has a nice ring to it.. and might just be what is needed to overcome Napa Valley!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #86
Tasan
College Starter

We need a clause that covers chipmunks. Fast.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #87
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I finally took some time to run a bunch of tests regarding signing players for Minor league contracts. I wanted to test my hypothesis regarding the game logic on how players sign for minor league deals.

After spending about 2 hours on various tests, all I can say is that I think i was utterly wrong. In fact, I couldn't even find any logic that dictates how the minor league players would decide which team they chose to go to.

I chose a group of 10 free agents all of which were asking for minor league deals.. I had every team in the league offer a minor league contract. I then ran through and processed the offers several times. The interesting thing is that it does not seem random where players went.. but more importantly, they didn't favor the team with the lowest team number at all. (Hartford didn't receive any of the players despite offering MLCs to all of them)

All I can determine is that I was wrong about that assumption and now have less idea of why they decide to go where they do, but it does not seem that a team has an unfair advantage based on team number at least.

There still are obviously issues with how OOTP9 has players accept Minor league contract offers over major league offers though, but that is a different issue all together.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #88
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

[quote=Alan T;1885945]
After spending about 2 hours on various tests, all I can say is that I think i was utterly wrong. In fact, I couldn't even find any logic that dictates how the minor league players would decide which team they chose to go to.
quote]

Did you check and compare the strength of the position for the team they signed with? I would be inclined to think that there is something that can be pointed to if it is not a random event.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #89
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Quote:

Did you check and compare the strength of the position for the team they signed with? I would be inclined to think that there is something that can be pointed to if it is not a random event.

I think something along those lines has to be a factor, but looking through the results a bit further, the same players don't always go to the same teams, there is just a decent level of consistency for who goes where. For instance, out of the 4 Starting pitchers that i used, a good number of times Baltimore signed 2 or 3 of the 4. Baltimore however is listed as the #1 organizational and #1 overall rating for Starting pitchers on the positional strength overview. (#5 for team ranking at that position).

Meanwhile Napa Valley seemed to get the same centerfielder a good number of times and they are 5th team ranking at CF, but 11th org ranking and 10th overall. I don't find low or high team, org or overall ranking at a position being consistent where any of the players ended up signing.

Location doesn't seem to play a part (for instance the center fielder that really liked Napa Valley alot is from Louisiana), etc...

Last edited by Alan T : 11-13-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #90
Tasan
College Starter

Turn on personalities and see if you get something different. I'd almost be willing to bet its still using some of those, even though we have them off.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #91
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Turn on personalities and see if you get something different. I'd almost be willing to bet its still using some of those, even though we have them off.

I'll give that a try a bit later. Trying to get some actual work done now for a bit. Good suggestion though.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #92
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think something along those lines has to be a factor, but looking through the results a bit further, the same players don't always go to the same teams, there is just a decent level of consistency for who goes where. For instance, out of the 4 Starting pitchers that i used, a good number of times Baltimore signed 2 or 3 of the 4. Baltimore however is listed as the #1 organizational and #1 overall rating for Starting pitchers on the positional strength overview. (#5 for team ranking at that position).

Meanwhile Napa Valley seemed to get the same centerfielder a good number of times and they are 5th team ranking at CF, but 11th org ranking and 10th overall. I don't find low or high team, org or overall ranking at a position being consistent where any of the players ended up signing.

Location doesn't seem to play a part (for instance the center fielder that really liked Napa Valley alot is from Louisiana), etc...

Duh...I didn't need 2 hrs of studying to tell you that!

I wonder if Ballpark has any factor. Baltimore is a great pitchers park, perhaps that entices the pitchers to sign...just guess, as there are some other pitchers parks as well. Maybe a combination of all things. A good organization, a good park etc etc.

I think it comes down to discrimanating photos...I've said muns has that super zoom lens and knows how to use it.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #93
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Have we ever debated turning them on perminantly? Personally I think that will help with those teams with stacked AAA teams. Even out the talent depth a little bit.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #94
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I hate personalities. We don't know how they work and to have something so subjective affect stuff in-game, would be troubling. Heck, coaches would be more useful than personalities IMHO.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #95
Tasan
College Starter

I don't like personalities, I just think that something below the surface of what we are seeing is affecting the game. Please lets not turn them on for good, but I'd like to really know what is at the heart of the MLC acceptances.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #96
muns
Pro Starter

im willing to bet that its just random like a lot of other things in the game.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #97
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I don't like personalities, I just think that something below the surface of what we are seeing is affecting the game. Please lets not turn them on for good, but I'd like to really know what is at the heart of the MLC acceptances.

I'm almost certain that it's random.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #98
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Sunday, January 1st, 1984
Long list of players who retired listed here:

Spoiler

Monday, January 2nd, 1984
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent C L. Palmer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $795,000.

LOL will this league STOP giving Luther Palmer employment??? i don't know why i offered him that deal, the worst hitting catcher keeps tempting GMs with that awesome power of his.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #99
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Not a knock on the Pooner Nation, of course. I love Pooner nation. I'm just talking about the strange levels of talent inequality, despite the numbers of human owners.

We're clearly a league where the free market fails miserably, because too many owners overvalue their own players, so great to good players languish on teams that will never sniff the playoffs.

So in that way, we're very much like real life.

yeah, it doesn't make sense about the disparity in talent. but i got playoffs in the league so i'm happy with that. i was the 1st to say that with all the human owners in this league who are also trying to field competitive teams it boggles the mind how one team can have such a large amount of talent, as if they were the only ones trying to win. i expect to see a team like Hartford if FOOL was a a 16 team league with Hartford being the only human-run organization. perhaps around the late 80's is when we'll see the ebb and flow to their talent level. they obviously can't keep the same players forever.

i think you're correct in the good players languishing on bad teams part. but that's more due to financials that allows a team that doesn't have a chance of winning to still keep veterans on the roster. in the real world if a GM feels his team is out of contention they'll trade a CC Sabathia or like the A's guys like Haren and Harden to save money and get something in return. there's no penalty to keeping good players on your cellar dwelling team.

there's not enough players looking to become FAs and cut off renogotiations with their teams. there should be more guys in their prime saying "thanks, but no thanks - i'm gonna become a free agent".
Old 11-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #100
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
LOL will this league STOP giving Luther Palmer employment??? i don't know why i offered him that deal, the worst hitting catcher keeps tempting GMs with that awesome power of his.

Check out 44yr old Christopher Larson on Boston

FOOL- Leduc Bullets