Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2022, 05:31 PM   #5901
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I understand the need for verification these days, but given we're talking about a 10 year old rape victim, I think we could have held off on the numerous statements and op-eds questioning whether this was true, or worse, outright stating it was fabricated as an abortion sob story in the wake of the Dobbs case, with no facts other than suspicion of a convenient narrative.

I understand weirdo ghouls in politics pretending that stuff doesn't happen. Even understand why the WSJ jumps in. But the Washington Post has actual reporters on staff who could pick up a phone and verify for themselves. Embarrassing shit from that paper and someone should be fired.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 05:51 PM   #5902
RainMaker
General Manager

Although it is pretty fucked up the Senator from Ohio and their Attorney General publicly stated that the story is fake. Jordan has a history of protecting pedophiles but not a great sign for kids when the Attorney General is in on it too.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:36 PM   #5903
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Thank you, actually worked for me on my computer. I think it was probably paywall for me on mobile because I'm local and was over my "free" limit. Ironically the reason I saw the news was because I got the alert of the article being pushed out.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-13-2022 at 06:36 PM.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:47 PM   #5904
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
He didn't have to. He strong armed Mexico to stop many illegals before they crossed the wall. And with the Remain in Mexico policy, limiting asylums etc. Mexico knew if they didn't stop the illegals, they would remain in Mexico for a long time.

Trump’s Best Means for Stopping Migrants Is Mexico’s Government - WSJ

Illegal border crossings skyrocketed under Trump compared to Obama. They got considerably worse during his tenure.

https://www.cato.org/blog/trumps-bor...migrants-sneak
Old 07-13-2022, 06:48 PM   #5905
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Although it is pretty fucked up the Senator from Ohio and their Attorney General publicly stated that the story is fake. Jordan has a history of protecting pedophiles but not a great sign for kids when the Attorney General is in on it too.

Although the AG made himself look even worse by publicly stating that as AG, he'd know if this occurred and they were tracking down a rapist. Perhaps he doesn't have quite the pulse of the LE community as he boasted.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:15 AM   #5906
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Illegal border crossings skyrocketed under Trump compared to Obama. They got considerably worse during his tenure.

Cato article referred WaPo which is behind a paywall so had to poke around a little more. Cato also referenced a pdf which was dated. Here is the most recent 2021 version that I could find

Access Denied

The Cato article was geared towards "sneak-in" or "got aways" and not total "Illegal border crossings".

In the pdf, Table 2b on pg 16 shows the breakdown of "got aways". There were some good years and some bad years (just like for Obama) and I wouldn't characterize that as "skyrocketed" relative to Obama's performance.

Now if we talk about "encounters" which Pew defines as "apprehensions .. and expulsions". But for whatever reason, the Pew graphic below says prior to Mar 2020, it was just apprehensions. I don't have the stats for expulsions, but guessing Trump's will be higher than Obama's (but don't really know). The graphic is below

Migrant encounters at U.S.-Mexico border are at a 21-year high | Pew Research Center

Something did happen during Trump's tenure around May 2019 (have to research that more) but overall, you can see he did pretty well (and so did Obama) in keeping encounters down.

And we see Biden's. Although the pdf doesn't have 2H 2021 or 2022, I think we can extrapolate it'll be pretty high also.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-14-2022 at 07:21 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:22 AM   #5907
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Although the AG made himself look even worse by publicly stating that as AG, he'd know if this occurred and they were tracking down a rapist. Perhaps he doesn't have quite the pulse of the LE community as he boasted.

You'd think his subordinates would have told him pretty quickly "hey, we do really have a 10-year old child rape case".
Old 07-14-2022, 07:33 AM   #5908
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Something did happen during Trump's tenure around May 2019 (have to research that more) but overall, you can see he did pretty well (and so did Obama) in keeping encounters down.

Googled some more. There was a WaPo article (paywall) but found this NBC article dated Jun 9, 2019.

Quote:
So far this fiscal year, 610,000 immigrants have been apprehended by CBP for illegally crossing between ports of entry. If the current numbers continue, they could surpass 2006 levels, said one official.

In my above post, I referenced Trump "strong armed" Mexico and Mexico's admission it worked, it happened around Jun 2019. From the Pew graphic, you can see encounters dropped dramatically right after.

Quote:
The monthly figures were released on the same day that American and Mexican officials are slated to hold high-level talks at the White House to discuss President Donald Trump's threat to impose tariffs on Mexican goods.

Trump has vowed to punish Mexico with potentially crippling tariffs unless it does more to to halt Central American migrants from reaching the U.S. southern border.
:
"Mexico, you know, wants to make a deal," Trump said during a trip to Ireland. "They have their entire delegation right now going over to probably the White House location to negotiate with our people."

I don't think there is any doubt Trump threats worked, made Mexico act more hard line, and encounters dropped significantly.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-14-2022 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:40 AM   #5909
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Mayor Pete is definitely a good speaker. But only if we see good results from the Infrastructure/Transportation $ he is managing and so far, I've not read much.

If Mayor Pete continues to produce visible and tangible stuff with his infrastructure $, I'll consider him.

Quote:
General Motors is building out a new network of EV fast chargers in partnership with Pilot Co., owner of the Pilot and Flying J highway travel centers, and EV charging network EVgo.

The companies will install a total of 2,000 fast chargers at 500 of Pilot’s locations along American highways at intervals of approximately 50 miles, they said Thursday. The partners expect to have a significant portion of those chargers installed and operating by the end of 2023.

“GM and Pilot Company designed this program to combine private investments alongside intended government grant and utility programs to help reduce range anxiety and significantly close the gap in long-distance EV charger demand,” said Pilot Co. CEO Shameek Konar in a statement.

The deal, which is expected to benefit from grants made available by the U.S. government, is part of a broader $750 million effort by GM to build out an accessible fast-charging network as it gears up to launch a series of new electric vehicles over the next few years.
Quote:
... will include high-power fast chargers capable of charging at up to 350 kilowatts as well as charging stalls designed to accommodate electric vehicles that are towing trailers. The chargers will be open to all electric vehicles that are compatible with DC fast charging.

I've seen Pilot stations around but don't have a good sense how prevalent they are from Texas and south of the Mason-Dixon line (where most of my driving has occurred). But yeah, if its an average of 50 miles to get to a store, my range anxiety will go away.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:49 AM   #5910
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You'd think his subordinates would have told him pretty quickly "hey, we do really have a 10-year old child rape case".

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” -Upton Sinclair

You mean a Republican who went on FoxNews to sow doubt about this could have just looked up the facts in his own office instead of spreading propaganda, yet chose to do so? /shocked Pikachu face/

It's almost as if he might not be acting in good faith and should be held accountable for that rather than pretending it might have just been incompetence.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:30 AM   #5911
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't think there is any doubt Trump threats worked, made Mexico act more hard line, and encounters dropped significantly.

I also wouldn't want my kids to be removed from me and held in an alternate facility possibly for month (or years) while being processed. Who knows how they are being treated, or who is caring for them.

As much as it was inhumane, it was effective.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #5912
Ksyrup

Putting aside the current debate about a 10 year old rape victim potentially being required to give birth to the resulting child, I think Dems and pro-choice advocates should focus on/stress that the issue of children resulting from rape/incest doesn't just stop at having the child. Not all states allow for the termination of parental rights of a rapist and even where laws exist, it's not a given that it will happen. Consider an abusive or ex-BF scenario in which there has been consensual sex at some point but also a rape. Some of these cases don't get prosecuted, and even if they do, there has to be a determination that the rape resulted in the conception of the child.

There are plenty of instances where rapists attempt to gain custody or some sort of parental rights, I assume mostly as a revenge or control factor and not so much because of the kid.

They should be talking about documented instances of rape survivors being forced to co-parent with their rapist.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:43 PM   #5913
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Do all Targets have charging stations, or just ours?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:56 PM   #5914
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Cato article referred WaPo which is behind a paywall so had to poke around a little more. Cato also referenced a pdf which was dated. Here is the most recent 2021 version that I could find

Access Denied

The Cato article was geared towards "sneak-in" or "got aways" and not total "Illegal border crossings".

In the pdf, Table 2b on pg 16 shows the breakdown of "got aways". There were some good years and some bad years (just like for Obama) and I wouldn't characterize that as "skyrocketed" relative to Obama's performance.

Now if we talk about "encounters" which Pew defines as "apprehensions .. and expulsions". But for whatever reason, the Pew graphic below says prior to Mar 2020, it was just apprehensions. I don't have the stats for expulsions, but guessing Trump's will be higher than Obama's (but don't really know). The graphic is below

Migrant encounters at U.S.-Mexico border are at a 21-year high | Pew Research Center

And we see Biden's. Although the pdf doesn't have 2H 2021 or 2022, I think we can extrapolate it'll be pretty high also.

Not sure why we would talk about apprehensions and not people who got through. Either way, numbers skyrocketed on both in 2019. Like almost 3 times that more than any Obama year. I'd argue the policy was a pretty big failure by both metrics.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:19 PM   #5915
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fucking horrific.

National Right to Life official: 10-year-old should have had baby - POLITICO
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #5916
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I also wouldn't want my kids to be removed from me and held in an alternate facility possibly for month (or years) while being processed. Who knows how they are being treated, or who is caring for them.

As much as it was inhumane, it was effective.

There is no excuse for that.

I can understand separating them temporarily while parents are getting processed but no doubt they screwed up big time.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #5917
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Do all Targets have charging stations, or just ours?

Mine has a limited number.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #5918
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
There is no excuse for that.

I can understand separating them temporarily while parents are getting processed but no doubt they screwed up big time.

They didn’t screw anything up. The inhumanity was the plan from the start.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #5919
Ksyrup

Quote:

Hey look, another GOP AG who says untrue shit publicly instead of bothering to do minor research!

Old 07-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #5920
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Saying he didn't bother to do minor research lets him get off when we know he was going to say this whether it was true or not. He wasn't going to tell the truth even if he knew it.

SI

Old 07-14-2022, 08:08 PM   #5921
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Saying he didn't bother to do minor research lets him get off when we know he was going to say this whether it was true or not. He wasn't going to tell the truth even if he knew it.

SI

The goal was always to scare people away from legally protected acts through extrajudicial means.

Just more fascists.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-14-2022 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:10 PM   #5922
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Anyone know if the Secret Service is planning to testify to rebut (?) Hutchinson's story?

I googled and didn't see anything out there. I'd be disappointed if the commission doesn't try to force the testimony.

I'm guessing there is some Executive Privilege that would shield the SS but I'd think there is someway to apply pressure.

Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021 -- after oversight officials asked for them, watchdog says | CNN Politics

Quote:
The US Secret Service erased text messages from January 5 and 6, 2021, shortly after they were requested by oversight officials investigating the agency’s response to the US Capitol riot, according to a letter given to the House select committee investigating the insurrection and obtained by CNN.

This should tell you everything about who is telling the truth.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:13 PM   #5923
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm sure Biden will have those people fired and Garland is looking into obstruction of justice charges. /s
Old 07-14-2022, 08:36 PM   #5924
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm sure Biden will have those people fired and Garland is looking into obstruction of justice charges. /s

bahaha
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:00 PM   #5925
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Not sure why we would talk about apprehensions and not people who got through. Either way, numbers skyrocketed on both in 2019. Like almost 3 times that more than any Obama year. I'd argue the policy was a pretty big failure by both metrics.

As always, we'll agree to disagree on your/my conclusions.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-14-2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:13 PM   #5926
Edward64
Head Coach

Good to know they are working on this. It's not near what Schumer wants in total spending but I would like to know more details on the highlighted.

Manchin rejects climate, tax elements of party-line Dem bill - POLITICO
Quote:
Joe Manchin on Thursday rejected Senate Democrats’ proposed energy and climate investments, as well as their goals of increasing taxes on the wealthy and large corporations, according to a Democrat briefed on the discussions.

Instead the West Virginia senator said “unequivocally” during a meeting with Majority Leader Chuck Schumer that he will only support reducing drug prices and a two-year extension of Affordable Care Act subsidies as components of a party-line bill designed to evade a filibuster, the person said.

Manchin’s rejection at the meeting blew up weeks of discussions over a larger legislative package. It leaves a slim health-care focused bill as the only option for Democrats who have long hoped to send far more expansive legislation to President Joe Biden’s desk before the midterms.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #5927
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
I've seen Pilot stations around but don't have a good sense how prevalent they are from Texas and south of the Mason-Dixon line (where most of my driving has occurred). But yeah, if its an average of 50 miles to get to a store, my range anxiety will go away.

Flying J Map | Flying J Locations

Pretty prevalant, by design. Their original/primary use case is servicing truckers on the interstate system. The two other major competitors (the merger of Pilot & Flying J combined two of the biggest) are Love's and TCA, both of which you may have seen if you've spent decent time on the interstate system.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:40 AM   #5928
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
As always, we'll agree to disagree on your/my conclusions.

I'm sorry, what?

In the graph that you posted, the Obama years show the lowest totals since the chart begins (2000)*, and then 2 and 4 years after Trump taking office we see huge spikes. You can argue the 2021 spike based on methodology (from the article) but you can't argue the 2019 spike.

*and, indeed:

Old 07-15-2022, 09:46 AM   #5929
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'm sorry, what?

In the graph that you posted, the Obama years show the lowest totals since the chart begins (2000)*, and then 2 and 4 years after Trump taking office we see huge spikes. You can argue the 2021 spike based on methodology (from the article) but you can't argue the 2019 spike.

*and, indeed:

Here's how I would organize my response. 2 sections to discuss ...

1) Original RM post.
Quote:

And my answer below. Cato article was a subset of total illegal immigrations and discussed the got aways.
Quote:

Access Denied

See my quote below and link to more recent report and table referenced below. Tell me if you think got aways "skyrocketed" relative to Obama's performance. Go ahead and enter the Obama/Trumps nos into excel, average them out, and tell me if that fits your description of "skyrocketed"

Quote:

2) I then brought up the Pew article that talked about "migrant encounters". Migrant Encounters + Got Aways = (I think) true nos of illegal immigration. But there is no single chart with this so it's logical to me to break it out between #1 above and this #2.

See Access Denied

Add up & average Obama's 2009-2016 and Trumps 2017-2020 for "apprehensions". Tell me if you believe the average is "skyrocketed".

3) I brought up Trump's policy with Mexico. If you look at the Pew Graphic, you can see a dramatic drop off after those "threats" happened with Mexico

Quote:
In my above post, I referenced Trump "strong armed" Mexico and Mexico's admission it worked, it happened around Jun 2019. From the Pew graphic, you can see encounters dropped dramatically right after.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-15-2022 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:50 AM   #5930
Edward64
Head Coach

Specifically for this comment

Quote:

Can you tell me the 2 and 4 years after Trump took office? I only see 2019 spike? Are you attributing the 2021 spike to Trump?

In previous post, I supplied link to what I believe are the official nos. I see the spike in 2019 only (and a significant reduction after the discussions/threats to Mexico).

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-15-2022 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #5931
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you tell me the 2 and 4 years after Trump took office? I only see 2019 spike? Are you attributing the 2021 spike to Trump?

Policy-based effects don't evaporate overnight, so it's reasonable to attribute something that happens in H1'21 to pre-Biden policies. Plus, Biden's hasn't wound down Trump's policy, anyway. Which is, as we will see, a problem.

Back to the numbers. It would appear the perception gap between you and RM is because the 1.7M "migrant encounters" is inflated compared to past time periods because of the high recidivism rate, i.e. people attempting to cross multiple times. Why?

Quote:
When migrants are expelled under Title 42, there is no penalty. They're just removed from the country without any formal mark on their record. That's leading many migrants to cross again and again, hoping to evade the Border Patrol.

"Repeat crossing rates have skyrocketed this year," said Jessica Bolter, an associate policy analyst at the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute, "because expulsions under Title 42 are actually a lower consequence for single adult migrants than they would have faced in previous years."

That means that thousands of migrants are being counted more than once in the total number of Border Patrol apprehensions during the past year.

"If Border Patrol arrested one person three times in the same year, that would be counted as three encounters," Bolter explained in an interview.

DHS officials estimate that the recidivism rate during some parts of the year was as high as 38% — meaning the number of individual migrants apprehended while crossing the border last year was likely closer to 1.1 million than 1.7 million.

Recidivism rates were high back in 2000 as well, which prompted immigration authorities to institute new penalties for repeat border crossers. Bolter thinks the Biden administration should consider something similar now.

"At this point, Title 42 is functioning badly as a deterrent," she said. "And it's also cutting off access to protection" for thousands of migrants who might have valid asylum claims.

Source.

If we go back to your comment which started this, which was that the Trump policies "worked", we can see that in fact that this is not the case. The simplistic policy of blunt expulsion did little to stem the flow, and in fact stranded (by policy) many migrants in dangerous Mexican border cities.

As for the argument that Trump's pressure on Mexico (via tariffs) resulted in fewer crossings, after an initial drop in mid-2019, the very numbers we've been talking about above put paid to that particular argument.

As with many GOP/Trump policies, it sounds good on the surface (which is why you're defending it), but once you start looking at the details, the edifice falls apart. Like trickle-down economics, or abstinence-only sex education.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:04 AM   #5932
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Policy-based effects don't evaporate overnight, so it's reasonable to attribute something that happens in H1'21 to pre-Biden policies. Plus, Biden's hasn't wound down Trump's policy, anyway. Which is, as we will see, a problem.
We'll agree to disagree on this. The reason why 2021 increased significantly is because of the anticipation that Biden would be more sympathetic.

Quote:
Back to the numbers. It would appear the perception gap between you and RM is because the 1.7M "migrant encounters" is inflated compared to past time periods because of the high recidivism rate, i.e. people attempting to cross multiple times. Why?

Didn't really think about recidivism rate and unsure what that means in this context of nos. I wasn't thinking about 1.7M being inflated, I was going with the raw nos.

So agree, back to the nos. I provided you raw numbers (I believe they are official) on apprehensions by Obama and Trump years. I believe they include recidivism meaning same person 3 times is counted as 3 times.

If you add & average them for Obama and for Trump, you will see why I disagree on the description of "skyrocket". Can you let me know if you agree it meets your definition of "skyrocket"?

Quote:
If we go back to your comment which started this, which was that the Trump policies "worked", we can see that in fact that this is not the case. The simplistic policy of blunt expulsion did little to stem the flow, and in fact stranded (by policy) many migrants in dangerous Mexican border cities.
I don't think I said Trump illegal immigration policies worked (meaning over his 4 years). It did keep illegal immigration down but I would certainly not call it a success (e.g. no Wall). But I would not call it a total failure either. Quote me if I said otherwise.

However, I did specifically say the "strong armed Mexico" did work.
Quote:
He didn't have to. He strong armed Mexico to stop many illegals before they crossed the wall. And with the Remain in Mexico policy, limiting asylums etc. Mexico knew if they didn't stop the illegals, they would remain in Mexico for a long time.
Quote:
The article I quote from the Mexican government official was Jun 2019. In the Pew chart, you can see the spike was reduced after that.

Quote:
As for the argument that Trump's pressure on Mexico (via tariffs) resulted in fewer crossings, after an initial drop in mid-2019, the very numbers we've been talking about above put paid to that particular argument.
I'm not sure I understand this statement? I don't understand the bolded. Let me reiterate just in case my POV is not clear
1) There was a spike in early 2019. In the Pew article, it shows it peaking in May
2) Trump "strong armed" Mexico with threats in Jun 2019. I don't think this is debatable, if so let me know if you don't think this really happened around then?
3) Starting around Jun, you can see the number of illegal encounters declining. Look at the graphic in my #5906 which I believe shows this clearly
What do you disagree about my 1-3?

Quote:
As with many GOP/Trump policies, it sounds good on the surface (which is why you're defending it), but once you start looking at the details, the edifice falls apart. Like trickle-down economics, or abstinence-only sex education.
I actually don't disagree with you here. I only disagree specifically to our illegal immigration discussion re: skyrocketed & Mexico strong arming was a failure.

My 2 questions to you are:

1) Do you believe "got aways" skyrocketed under Trump comparing it to Obama? I've provided link and table reference with the (aka back to the) nos
2) Do you believe "encounters" skyrocketed under Trump comparing it to Obama? I've provided link with 2009 to 2020 data/nos

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-15-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #5933
GrantDawg

Quote:
Flying J Map | Flying J Locations

Pretty prevalant, by design. Their original/primary use case is servicing truckers on the interstate system. The two other major competitors (the merger of Pilot & Flying J combined two of the biggest) are Love's and TCA, both of which you may have seen if you've spent decent time on the interstate system.
And QT is fighting to get into that space. Bucky's it seems is just happy to have their massive stores more spaced out.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:41 AM   #5934
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I only did OTR trucking a few weeks but there’s nowhere near enough truck stops in this country. Especially given the DOT hours of service rules. Not like you can keep going down the highway every time you come to a full stop.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:17 PM   #5935
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And QT is fighting to get into that space. Bucky's it seems is just happy to have their massive stores more spaced out.

Buc-ee's is also strictly no truck. It's basically truck stops for passenger cars only (part of what makes it such a humorously Texas institution, too)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-15-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:24 PM   #5936
Edward64
Head Coach

In our area, Costco has best prices. 2nd is QT.

Does anyone know how much revenue and profit a (for example) QT can make per fast charger? I understand smaller gas stations prob won't uptake it but I'd think the larger ones with a nice store (where all the money is being made anyway) would do this with a little incentive from the government (e.g. Mayor Pete and the infrastructure $).
Old 07-15-2022, 12:52 PM   #5937
Flasch186
Coordinator

I’m disgusted by the Biden mbs stuff

Just goes to show that like trump taught us, regarding autocrats, time is truly on their side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:29 PM   #5938
bhlloy
Coordinator

Biden is literally a fucking SNL caricature of himself. Jesus fucking Christ.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:43 PM   #5939
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

In a totally expected development:
Texas Medical Association says hospitals are refusing to treat women with pregnancy complications

Quote:
The association has received complaints regarding hospital administrators disallowing medical care providers from offering critical services to patients with ectopic pregnancies and other child birth complications.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-health-texas-government-and-politics-da85c82bf3e9ced09ad499e350ae5ee3

Quote:
In one case, a central Texas hospital reportedly told a physician not to treat an ectopic pregnancy until it ruptured, the letter said. An ectopic pregnancy, which occurs when a fertilized egg attached outside of the uterus, is not viable.

Basically, "We can't do anything until you start dying."

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-15-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:16 PM   #5940
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Biden is literally a fucking SNL caricature of himself. Jesus fucking Christ.

He's always been pretty bad dating back to his Senate days.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:28 PM   #5941
RainMaker
General Manager

Biden is meeting with the ruler of UAE on his trip.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:38 PM   #5942
Flasch186
Coordinator

Wtf 🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:31 PM   #5943
PilotMan
Head Coach

yep, not sure a middle east trip timed right now was the right play. Gas prices be damned. Just does not play well at all. MBS is such a POS.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:19 PM   #5944
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Can u imagine the conspiracy theories that would be out there if a prominent democrat’s ex wife died of blunt force trauma from falling down stairs?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:34 PM   #5945
PilotMan
Head Coach

Wait we don't have the Clinton's killed Ivana meme's yet?

Like Steam?

Old 07-16-2022, 09:18 AM   #5946
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

/Opens up the envelope/
Ok, so it was George Soros
In the pizza parlor
With a copy of Mein Kampf
I'm tired of playing Democrat Clue. Can we go back to playing Monopoly where we all get to buy up property with our trust funds and charge the poors ever increasing rent?

SI

Old 07-16-2022, 09:38 AM   #5947
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
/Opens up the envelope/
Ok, so it was George Soros
In the pizza parlor
With a copy of Mein Kampf
I'm tired of playing Democrat Clue. Can we go back to playing Monopoly where we all get to buy up property with our trust funds and charge the poors ever increasing rent?

SI
SI doesn't the credit for being the keyboard comedian that he deserves.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:58 AM   #5948
PilotMan
Head Coach

Speaking of buying up all the property to charge more and more rent.....this is getting to be such an issue that it's moving the entire market and resetting housing costs for millions of Americans and pricing millions more out of the market. It's going to get so much worse before the politicians decide they need to do something. By then, it'll be a disaster for so many places.

Like Steam?

Old 07-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #5949
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SI doesn't the credit for being the keyboard comedian that he deserves.

I try entirely too hard to get the good lines. I don't have "easy effort" comedy like real comedians and I throw a lot of things at the wall to see what sticks. Most don't land or are just bad dad jokes, but I'll keep trying

(It's nice to be appreciated, tho)

My wife, from the other room after I told her this one: "He could have used the Jewish space laser"

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-16-2022 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #5950
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Speaking of buying up all the property to charge more and more rent.....this is getting to be such an issue that it's moving the entire market and resetting housing costs for millions of Americans and pricing millions more out of the market. It's going to get so much worse before the politicians decide they need to do something. By then, it'll be a disaster for so many places.

Isn't that basically California property, in a nutshell, for most of our lives?

SI