Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #1301
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think the first engineer to log in should go ahead and submit an order to investigate the fence so we can get the results (not you though, Hoopsguy).

JAG, I think the idea of rerouting is smart.

That's a good idea if we get the info back immediately.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #1302
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, who should I train for, wait for it,....wait for it....in-doctor-nation. Like indoctrination, but punnier.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #1303
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I spyed on LSG who did nothing last night but sleep.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #1304
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Okay, who should I train for, wait for it,....wait for it....in-doctor-nation. Like indoctrination, but punnier.

What role could we use?

I was thikking about promoting the medic...thoughts? I don't want to lose anythone else

Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #1305
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Did you get the impression that the skittering thing came for you or for LSG? I am guessing you, right? Because you weren't protecting LSG, just spying on her.

Although I don't know if BK has any common sense thing in that if you're spying on someone who is attacked, you switch to protect mode.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #1306
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - JAG
First Officer - Autumn
Second Officer - Lonestargirl
Security Chief - Packerfantic
Ensign - Zinto

Chief Engineer - hoopsguy Exhausted
Engineers
Crimson
Darth
Simbo

Medical Staff
Doctor - saldana
Medic - Shiggles

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - Danny Exhausted
Slavemaster - Chubby Exhausted
Gally Master - Julio Exhausted
Security Crewman - Chief Rum
Security Crewman - dubb Exhausted

Scientists
Schmidty
britrock Exhausted

Trainer - Abe Sargent Exhausted

Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

Deceased
mauboy - Lynched Day 2 SURVIVOR

Day 3 has begun

Here's the list. To make someone a medic I have to use an enlisted person such as security or miner or medic. No miners left, so i don;t want to lose security at this point, but do you want Shiggles as a doctor?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #1307
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BK, do I now count as a scientist for missions?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #1308
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

I'm good at that
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #1309
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Very nice. Shiggles seems like the best bet.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #1310
Autumn
Head Coach

I see, it does say crew members might or might not know they are Spawnlings. So maybe Dubb is a good scan.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #1311
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, from the sounds of it dubb was the intended target of the attack. I tend to agree with him we might want to be sure he wasn't infected, but let's not rush the decision as we have plenty of time until deadline. Whoever dubb shot at didn't end up getting significantly hurt or they would be wounded. If the attack had been successful, would dubb not have noticed he was attacked? I don't know the answer, but if we have reason to think the attack failed, we would rather investigate someone who could have a better chance of being spawn.

I will also be interested to know what Danny saw since he was in the crew quarters as well and that info could be useful too before we decide on an investigation.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #1312
saldana
Pro Starter

Do we know if a phaser can be used by a spawn to damage part if the ship...wondering if the problems with the fence could be because dubb shot a piece of equipment?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #1313
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wouldn't he be foolish to ask to be scanned in that case? Also we know he was in the crew quarters last night which I wouldn't think would have anything to do with the fence.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1314
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, do I now count as a scientist for missions?
No. There are a few situations though where people are grouped by job type and you are included for those purposes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #1315
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Wouldn't he be foolish to ask to be scanned in that case? Also we know he was in the crew quarters last night which I wouldn't think would have anything to do with the fence.
Because he woukd kill me during the exam...and i am not certain, but I think that when spawn attack, they still show up in their public role location unless they are being spied on
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #1316
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lagging behind, but wondering if Crimson didn't get his order in to work with me?

Quote:
Once again, only a small amount of night work occurs. It seems people are more afraid of exhaustion than the Spawn at this point. One who is not afraid of exhaustion is, Hoopsguy who once again is working through the night, this time on Power Facility 2.

He is not the only one seen to be active at night.
Abe & britrock are completing Abe’s training to be a trainer in the Science Labs and Julio is seen outside the Warehouses in Building A while Chubby is similarly seen outside of the Slave Pens. Meanwhile Danny & dubb are seen lurking in the Crew Quarters.

In the morning you once again see everyone is accounted for. People are enjoying their oatmeal when the blaring klaxon of a warning alarm goes off. It seems as though the Perimeter Fence is beginning to fail. At first glance it doesn’t appear to be damaged in any sort of way. There are three options, any or all of which can be used. Engineers can attempt to repair it, you can attempt to power it from the back-up Power Facility, or an Engineer can study it to try and determine why despite the lack of damage it seems to be failing.

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #1317
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Because he woukd kill me during the exam...and i am not certain, but I think that when spawn attack, they still show up in their public role location unless they are being spied on

We probably need to take those trade-offs, especially if we can promote someone to fill that position. Same way that we trade seers for wolves when we find one.

And if he is only a spawnling, by virtue of attack last night, we have Dubb back on the side of good, you further validated in trust, and the good guys still intact while the bad guys "wasted" a night action.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #1318
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, okay. So what was your action last night? I see you were in the crew quarters again.

I Watson crew quarters also, watching autumn who was sleeping like a baby. I heard a phaser shot.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #1319
Danny
Head Coach

Actually I think I saw one, nothing about hearing one
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #1320
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I think we want the scan on Dubb early - if we do have some complication with Dubb=bad and offing Saldana, then Abe can factor this information into his "promotion" decisions.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #1321
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I Watson crew quarters also, watching autumn who was sleeping like a baby. I heard a phaser shot.

Great, now I'll never be able to sleep again.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #1322
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, I think we want the scan on Dubb early - if we do have some complication with Dubb=bad and offing Saldana, then Abe can factor this information into his "promotion" decisions.

Yes, getting immediate results is a big bonus to the village in this game. I would really like to hear from an engineer and maybe from Saldana too if we decide to look at Dubb.

I'm a bit bothered by CF's play this game. A villager CF seems more likely to be involved in the actual play and decisions. He hasn't jumped in to deal with this fence issue, didn't help Hoops last night, and generally doesn't seem to be grappling with the game.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #1323
hoopsguy
General Manager

In one way, I'm sort of glad that CF didn't help me last night - it only took 5 to complete that facility conversion, so it would have been done if he joined me. I was mistakenly assuming 7 ... ran out of time to look everything up, assumed it was same as building I had worked on previously. So we would have lost access to some resources, I assume, if we had converted it.

I had earlier thought that we might want to try and near-complete the buildings, but if we believe that me working on the building led to a loss of some service anyway then we might as well start talking about what to convert first, and resign ourselves to not having some of our buildings until after take-off.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #1324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if we are going to be stuck on the planet for awhile then we really need to do whatever we can to put a hard-core lock on our cleared resources ... protecting them at night, having them travel less, etc. The last thing I want is to be stuck on this planet and then take off with a half-dozen spawnlings + no circle of trust. Maybe I'm being a little paranoid here, but the sanctity of our trust lists is really important in this ruleset.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #1325
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darn it, actually had a little bit of availability today and finding a lack of chatting partners
Old 06-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #1326
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going to go ahead with this order (from earlier JAG post) in the next hour or so, unless others have different thoughts to bring up now:

Quote:
Other 2 engineers + chief engineer: Convert crew quarters (10 cycles) and power facility 2, hoops also reroutes power from backup to areas covered by facility 2 (optional, we can discuss if there's a reason not to do this)
Old 06-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #1327
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, Hoops, I think we need you to work with one other engineer on the crew quarters.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #1328
Autumn
Head Coach

I think it won't take terribly long to get off planet, especially if we work some at night, we could be blasting off tomorrow. With no away missions currently, and the fence hopefully maintained, we don't have to worry about random spawnings.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #1329
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In one way, I'm sort of glad that CF didn't help me last night - it only took 5 to complete that facility conversion, so it would have been done if he joined me. I was mistakenly assuming 7 ... ran out of time to look everything up, assumed it was same as building I had worked on previously. So we would have lost access to some resources, I assume, if we had converted it.

I had earlier thought that we might want to try and near-complete the buildings, but if we believe that me working on the building led to a loss of some service anyway then we might as well start talking about what to convert first, and resign ourselves to not having some of our buildings until after take-off.

We can finish converting the power facility you started and reroute power to the areas covered by it so we don't lose the functionality of those buildings for now. We do need to figure out what order to get things completed in, figure out what optional buildings we want, and nail that down, probably sometime today because after this next but of converting, we're going to lose some important functions for a time.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #1330
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, Hoops, I think we need you to work with one other engineer on the crew quarters.

No, each engineer needs to supervise today.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #1331
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Who knew guard duty would be so exhausting... Ugh.

Ok, so I am more than willing to go somewhere today if need be, and I will be around to check on where I need to go and what I need to do later on. Until then I don't have any suspects to be concerned with at this time.

I think we're probably talking about an "Is it plugged in?" scenario with the fence. That's just what I think, though. It seems maybe with whatever happened last night, something or someone may have bumped a cable loose or something.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #1332
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops supervises 5 people in crew quarters and reroutes power as discussed
Another engineer + Chubby supervise 10 slaves in crew quarters
Another engineer supervises 6 slaves in power facility 2
Old 06-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #1333
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, getting immediate results is a big bonus to the village in this game. I would really like to hear from an engineer and maybe from Saldana too if we decide to look at Dubb.

I'm a bit bothered by CF's play this game. A villager CF seems more likely to be involved in the actual play and decisions. He hasn't jumped in to deal with this fence issue, didn't help Hoops last night, and generally doesn't seem to be grappling with the game.

Then fucking vote me out then.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #1334
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So brief summary of what we've decided to work on today:

Schmidty and Britrock: Both do Research: High level of research towards honing spawn scanning thing (you two can submit this order now, I don't think there is anything more useful to do than work on that)

saldana: Investigate someone

Danny: Pass out weapons

Simbo Klice: Investigate what's wrong with the fence

Hoopsguy: Lead team of 5 to convert crew quarters
Hoopsguy: reroute power from backup to areas covered by facility 2
Autumn - convert crew quarters
Zinto - convert crew quarters
PackerFanatic - convert crew quarters
Chief Rum - convert crew quarters
Julio Riddols - convert crew quarters

CrimsonFox: lead slave team to convert crew quarters
Chubby: Lead slave team to work with CrimsonFox on crew quarters

Darth Vilus: lead 6 slaves in conversion of power facility 2

Abe: Train someone to be a doctor

Dubb: Man Security HQ

Shiggles: ?

Here is JAG's orders from before updated to be more specific in the engineering section.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #1335
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I thought it was very clear he was talking about working through the night.

this seems much snottier than it needed to be
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #1336
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

All righty then

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1337
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

vote crimsonfox

Happy?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1338
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, each engineer needs to supervise today.

Other than the one investigating the fence that is.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #1339
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Sorry you took it that way. I didn't see anything snotty about it. This is Werewolf, right? If someone doesn't do something that might have helped, we're going to wonder about it. I thought I remembered a great deal of discussion from Hoops about whether working at night was a good plan.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #1340
Autumn
Head Coach

Crimson, could you please check out the fence so we can figure out what's wrong with it?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #1341
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just to provide some extra clarity for Barkeep on the PM, what explicitly does re-routing power cover?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #1342
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
are you certain we can use 6 cycles split across 3 things like that? BK can we?

I will submit the conditional order however to help you Hoops.
Also tho will wait to make sure we can use all this stuff while it is on the ship while we are still here.

Perhaps you missed this post hoops where I said I was waiting until we got answers and then when we got all those answers we didn't like the thought of moving power yet until we figured out a way to keep using all our buildings. At that time I was waiting around just for the night result before day came along. I also asked if we shouldn't wait for day to come before submitting orders because I thought you were talking about day. Why didn't you reconfirm if I was submitting for day or night if you were concerned about it getting done before deadline.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #1343
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"I am available to supervise down in the Crew Quarters for anyone who wants to do some honest labor today," Hoopsguy declares. Before heading down there you also notice that he's rerouted power from the backup Power Facility to the Perimeter Fence. This seems to have fixed, for the time being, any problems with the perimeter fence.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #1344
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I had Pass questioning my testicular whereabouts a couple games back and you're concerned with an overly snotty comment?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #1345
Autumn
Head Coach

ha ha
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #1346
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, I'm glad we did that first. Or that HOops did.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #1347
Autumn
Head Coach

CF, don't check out the fence!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #1348
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

checking out stupid fence but feel this will waste valuable time. granted fixing it blindly might set off any booby traps.
I want to use autumn as a mattress.

ps i am very very very tired as i went to bed 3 hours ago and am only up because i have stomach cramps.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #1349
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting hoops, I was thinking you'd do that to Facility 2, but it seems to have improved the fence. Which makes me think the problem may be with the facility that powers the fence.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #1350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sigh