Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #301
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Do you have a smart phone? You can purchase from the steam app.

True, but if it's anything like the Christmas vacation event the fun part was going after the achievements and interacting with friends and others from FOFC.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #302
Ramzavail
College Starter

is this still true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Steam doesn't care how many computers you are installed on, it only cares that you only play the game on one computer at the same time...

so I don't have to unlicense any games on steam before I reformat this laptop?
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #303
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've been able to play games on my laptop and my desktop and never had a problem. I haven't tried to play the same game on both though. I believe DG to be correct.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #304
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, that's still true
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #305
whomario
Pro Starter

I did have to verify my account (got an email telling me to) either after i switched from my old laptop to my new one or when i first used my new one at my parents house (i´m not quite sure which was it) but that was the extent of it.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #306
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
is this still true?

so I don't have to unlicense any games on steam before I reformat this laptop?

Don't forget to backup your steamapps/common folder, so you don't have to re-download them all, though.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #307
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I did have to verify my account (got an email telling me to) either after i switched from my old laptop to my new one or when i first used my new one at my parents house (i´m not quite sure which was it) but that was the extent of it.

The email is for the optional two step verification rather than a DRM restriction. You can turn it off, but it really is a great security feature to protect your account so it is really not recommended that you do.

There may be some games with activation limits outside of Steam's DRM, but Steam itself doesn't have any such restriction. You'll be able to download games on your account as many times as you would like on any number of PCs, provided you only have one active login at a time.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #308
Ramzavail
College Starter

but what about saved games? Don't I have find those and save them myself?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #309
Ramzavail
College Starter

I don't mind re-downloading the games - I'm reformatting the whole thing.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #310
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
but what about saved games? Don't I have find those and save them myself?

Depends on the game. If the game doesn't have Steam Cloud you will have to find the save files and back them up manually.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #311
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Shots fired. This is a hell of a deal if you don't already own most of the games.

THQ Bundle $50

Save 84% on THQ Collection on Steam
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #312
mckerney
Coordinator

Looks like they're putting the Summer Sale deals up then.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #313
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, sale is begun.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #314
mckerney
Coordinator

Looks like there's no Summer Camp this year though.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-12-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #315
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Looks like there's no Summer Camp this year though.

Hard to say. They've been adding stuff to the front page even after the sale stuff went up.

There's a box for stuff friends have bought and stuff friends want that wasn't there when the summer sale page first loaded for me, for example.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #316
RainMaker
General Manager

Noticed Civ V is on sale pretty big. Was going to grab a few of the remaining DLC. Looks like their servers are getting hammered though.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #317
mckerney
Coordinator

Ah, I see there are achievements you can get on your profile. Right now they're mostly just for voting though, nothing you get in games.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #318
whomario
Pro Starter

Crusader Kings II for 9,99 is one you might want to look at. Basically everything from Paradox is down individually as well for the duration of the sale.

store is being pounded. Don´t you guys have to be at work or school or sth ? Geez, it´s like noon or 2 pm on a work day
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #319
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Crusader Kings II for 9,99 is one you might want to look at. Basically everything from Paradox is down individually as well.

store is being pounded. Don´t you guys have to be at work or school or sth ? Geez, it´s like noon or 2 pm on a work day

"Week day? Is this... what day is this?"

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #320
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Crusader Kings II for 9,99 is one you might want to look at. Basically everything from Paradox is down individually as well.

I really really really want to get into the Paradox games. I have CKII and Europa Universalis III but neither have really hooked me. CKII has come pretty close. Paradox packs are always crazy. I mean, I could have games for years of play in their pack alone.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #321
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Was really hoping ArmaII:CO would be a day 1 daily. I'm tired of waiting
Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #322
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Was really hoping ArmaII:CO would be a day 1 daily. I'm tired of waiting

I'm watching this one too. It dropped from $30 to $24. Should we expect this to go lower?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #323
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

With it sitting at the top of the sales charts on Steam for the past few weeks I'm anticipating it being a daily deal. How much lower? Maybe $15?

If it doesn't, it will still be there at the end.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #324
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Crusader Kings, here I come! Tonight the fiancee and I will rule Winterfell!!

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #325
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Crusader Kings, here I come! Tonight the fiancee and I will rule Winterfell!!

FYI:

Make sure you download V0.2 of the "Game of Thrones" mod. V0.1 doesn't work with the latest patch.

I have been playing as Bronze Yohn Royce. My goal is to have the Royce's become Lords of the Vale.

It progresses slowly, though my current character, Andar Royce, is married to Margery Tyrell, though my first character, Yohn, did end up giving her two children while he was still alive and she was his daughter-in-law. Weird, I know.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #326
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Margaery is a saucy dame.. She'll do anything for a taste of the throne.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #327
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
FYI:

Make sure you download V0.2 of the "Game of Thrones" mod. V0.1 doesn't work with the latest patch.

Yuppers. I'm on the mod team, so let me know if you have any questions or comments or input or notice anything or whatever.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-12-2012 at 05:15 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #328
WVUFAN
College Starter

My username is WVUFan1971

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #329
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yuppers. I'm on the mod team, so let me know if you have any questions or comments or input or notice anything or whatever.

I think it needs a lot more events. Once everything becomes a single kingdom there isn't much to do. I liked playing in the world, but I didn't have much to do other than marry children off every few years.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #330
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Am I just dense or are today's deals going on for way more than a day? Says the offer for COD:MW3 ends more than 27 hours...

Anyway, that's one my son will be happy to get. He left for a Summer camp last Sunday and I told him to give me a wishlist if the sale ever started when he'd be away and that one was at the top of his list

FM
Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #331
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Not sure why the Daily Deals say that but I would assume they will end at 1PM EST like they always do.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #332
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It progresses slowly, though my current character, Andar Royce, is married to Margery Tyrell, though my first character, Yohn, did end up giving her two children while he was still alive and she was his daughter-in-law. Weird, I know.

I picked the Manderly's of White Harbour and ALSO married Margaery to my son, while I picked up one of the Sand Snakes. Early on especially it's hard to ignore all the 'name' character in the game.

I did enjoy seeing Tyrion as head of the Lannister's quite early in my game too.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #333
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't remember applying for it - and I'm fairly sure I never did considering I hadn't heard of it prior to the offer when I opened Steam last night - but apparently I'm a beta tester for the Valve Filmmaker. Downloaded it last night but haven't tried it yet.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #334
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Thought i put it in this thread, but it was the other.

Anyways, if any non-US guys want something gifted throughout the sale just get a hold of me.

Steam Community :: ID :: CancerStick

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-12-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #335
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Picking up for sure Binding of Isaac. Heard some cool stuff about it. Will probably jump on the Tribes starter pack, too.

Debating on the others like Max Payne and Anno. With all the little purchases I am making I am having a hard time justifying $25+ for a game. By the time I play through what Im getting I could probably wait for a Christmas sale for these. Also debating Sonic. Played the shit out of Sonic as a youngster, but was hoping it would be a few bucks cheaper. Anybody play it?

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #336
whomario
Pro Starter

if anyone´s interested in the game Anno 2070. In the german store, the Anno 2070 Collection is actually cheaper while containing some DLCs.

Might try out From Dust, seems like an intriguing concept.

Last edited by whomario : 07-13-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #337
mckerney
Coordinator

I strongly recommend The Binding of Isaac. There's also DLC that adds more types of rooms, enemies and bosses for about another $0.75.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #338
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Picking up for sure Binding of Isaac. Heard some cool stuff about it. Will probably jump on the Tribes starter pack, too.

Debating on the others like Max Payne and Anno. With all the little purchases I am making I am having a hard time justifying $25+ for a game. By the time I play through what Im getting I could problem wait for a Christmas sale for these. Also debating between Sonic. Played the shit out of Sonic as a youngster, but was hoping it would be a few bucks cheaper. Anybody play it?

Sonic Generations is fantastic. I have the PS3 version, so I dunno if the PC version is better/worse, but the PS3 version of Sonic Generations was the best Sonic game I've played...well, since I was a kid.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #339
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Not sure why the Daily Deals say that but I would assume they will end at 1PM EST like they always do.

From what I understand, the deals seem to overlap. New deals have appeared but yesterday's are still valid for a few hours. Not a bad idea if you ask me.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 07-13-2012 at 02:09 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #340
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I strongly recommend The Binding of Isaac. There's also DLC that adds more types of rooms, enemies and bosses for about another $0.75.

This and the mention about From Dust in the specials thread is what I have always liked about these sales. Neat little games for cheap that I would probably never have heard of without this sale.

FM
Old 07-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #341
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So far I've picked up Skyrim at it's standard discount and both Saints Row 3 and CK II at big discounts.

Coming in I wanted Skyrim, Dead Island, and CK II. I'll be waiting for the big Dead Island deal and probably end up buying about five other things just for shits and giggles.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #342
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Sonic Generations is fantastic. I have the PS3 version, so I dunno if the PC version is better/worse, but the PS3 version of Sonic Generations was the best Sonic game I've played...well, since I was a kid.

The PC version of it is also very good. Total Biscuit described Sonic Generations as, "a love letter to Sonic fans everywhere. A love letter from a spouse that has been abusing all of us for a decade."
Old 07-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I think it needs a lot more events. Once everything becomes a single kingdom there isn't much to do. I liked playing in the world, but I didn't have much to do other than marry children off every few years.

You didn't end up with plenty of warfare?

We're working on trying to make sure there's more events going on (without having them be lame), and also on making sure that there's plenty of political instability.

Maybe you just got bored before the kingdom split apart again?
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #344
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Ditto what Scoobz said - if you non-US people want something gifted, hit me up. SteamID is the same as my nickname here.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #345
mckerney
Coordinator

If you have a group you play co-op games with Payday is also worth considering. It's similar to Left 4 Dead though more focused on completing objectives than just getting to the end of the level. The bank robbery or jewel heist type missions can be incredibly intense and exciting with a good group of teammates. Unfortunately it isn't nearly as polished as Left 4 Dead, and has an experience system to level up and unlock different weapons and accessories (which can be a positive for some, though I've never really been a fan of such systems).
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #346
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you have a group you play co-op games with Payday is also worth considering. It's similar to Left 4 Dead though more focused on completing objectives than just getting to the end of the level. The bank robbery or jewel heist type missions can be incredibly intense and exciting with a good group of teammates. Unfortunately it isn't nearly as polished as Left 4 Dead, and has an experience system to level up and unlock different weapons and accessories (which can be a positive for some, though I've never really been a fan of such systems).

I thought the payday demo on my ps3 was pretty fun. not "polished" in a lot of senses, but fun.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #347
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought the payday demo on my ps3 was pretty fun. not "polished" in a lot of senses, but fun.

Yeah, that's about it. Getting 3 friend together and playing bad guys is definitely fun enough that you'll be able to overlook the games flaws and have a blast stealing stuff. It is a game where the them does a lot for it.

It's not for single player so you either need a group of friends or be fine playing with strangers (though it's at it's best if you do have some friends to play with).

Last edited by mckerney : 07-13-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #348
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that's about it. Getting 3 friend together and playing bad guys is definitely fun enough that you'll be able to overlook the games flaws and have a blast stealing stuff.

It's not for single player so you either need a group of friends or be fine playing with strangers.

Yeah.

If I only had friends...LOL
Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #349
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
You didn't end up with plenty of warfare?

We're working on trying to make sure there's more events going on (without having them be lame), and also on making sure that there's plenty of political instability.

Maybe you just got bored before the kingdom split apart again?

I only played for about twenty years. There were a couple of small splits, but the combined might of the Iron Throne easily put them down. I felt like I had nothing to do other than watch the dates tick by. For me the vanilla CK2 was far more interesting.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #350
Radii
Head Coach

I bought Shogun 2 (from the total war series) collection for $20, woohoo.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote