Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2023, 12:09 AM   #251
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/ksadjadpour/stat...31438924312949

Quote:
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards helped plan Hamas’s terror attack on Israel, sources from Hamas and Hezbollah, Europe, and Syria told the @WSJ. The Revolutionary Guards worked with Hamas since August to devise the attack, which was praised by @khamenei_ir

Signs I've played too many Paradox Interactive games: I read this and said "Welp, there's Israel's Casus Belli for going to war with Iran"

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-09-2023 at 12:11 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:26 AM   #252
RainMaker
General Manager

I highly doubt the WSJ has better sources than our intelligence community.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 05:13 AM   #253
miami_fan
Coordinator

Since I was talking about China earlier, I wondered what China thought about current events.

Foreign Ministry Spokesperson’s Remarks on the Escalation of Tensions Between Palestine and Israel

Quote:

Q: Fierce conflict has broken out between Israel and Palestinian armed groups in the Gaza Strip, causing massive casualties on both sides. Does China have any comment on this?

A: China is deeply concerned over the current escalation of tensions and violence between Palestine and Israel. We call on relevant parties to remain calm, exercise restraint and immediately end the hostilities to protect civilians and avoid further deterioration of the situation.

The recurrence of the conflict shows once again that the protracted standstill of the peace process cannot go on. The fundamental way out of the conflict lies in implementing the two-state solution and establishing an independent State of Palestine. The international community needs to act with greater urgency, step up input into the Palestine question, facilitate the early resumption of peace talks between Palestine and Israel, and find a way to bring about enduring peace. China will continue to work relentlessly with the international community towards that end.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:07 AM   #254
Edward64
Head Coach

Sounds pretty neutral, nicely measured to me which is expected.

I looked up India's response. I'm a little surprised at how pro-Israel it is but wiki tells me the ties have been neutral-to-warming with Modi.

Quote:
Amid reports of Hamas' rocket strike on Israel cities Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi posted on X that he was "deeply shocked by the news of terrorist attacks". "Our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims and their families. We stand in solidarity with Israel at this difficult hour," he added.

The External Affairs Ministry has not come out with an official statement so far. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and the ministry's handle have only retweeted the Prime Minister's post.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:37 PM   #255
Edward64
Head Coach

Live stream on Gaza city. It's evening. Israel has been firing some rockets (but calm now).

LIVE Multi-Cam: Views from Israel and Gaza amid ongoing fighting - YouTube
Old 10-09-2023, 01:39 PM   #256
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
https://twitter.com/ksadjadpour/stat...31438924312949

Signs I've played too many Paradox Interactive games: I read this and said "Welp, there's Israel's Casus Belli for going to war with Iran"
Why would Israel go to real war vs Iran? They could never hold any territory. Tough to tell exactly what's happening on the Lebanon border or parts of the West Bank like Jenin because Hamas and Islamic Jihad have some people up there but leveraging the US's support there and avoiding any outright war while concentrating their firepower on Gaza makes all the sense in the world if the PA and Hezbollah are onboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I mean Israel has been doing that and worse for decades now. It's a war, I don't know why images from one side would change much.
The actual devastation from airstrikes will be disproportionately worse but if you don't want to admit why videos of one side killing, kidnapping, and celebrating while parading around women and children as hostages is worse optically cool. Whether it was a miscalculation thinking hostages from them would get countries on their side or they're just idiots who hit a target of opportunity the multinational nature of the music festival is also devastating to Hamas in the public opinion sphere. Attacking just IDF positions would have had a ton of people on their side, even sticking to attacking Israeli communities probably leads to a lot more Euro/Latin countries or the UN pushing to limit any Israeli response more, doing what they did makes it pretty hard for any country to avoid calling them terrorists.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:04 PM   #257
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Just blow the whistle and declare that all religion is cancelled.

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 05:23 PM   #258
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
The actual devastation from airstrikes will be disproportionately worse but if you don't want to admit why videos of one side killing, kidnapping, and celebrating while parading around women and children as hostages is worse optically cool. Whether it was a miscalculation thinking hostages from them would get countries on their side or they're just idiots who hit a target of opportunity the multinational nature of the music festival is also devastating to Hamas in the public opinion sphere. Attacking just IDF positions would have had a ton of people on their side, even sticking to attacking Israeli communities probably leads to a lot more Euro/Latin countries or the UN pushing to limit any Israeli response more, doing what they did makes it pretty hard for any country to avoid calling them terrorists.

You're not winning an optics war with Israel. They have the strongest lobbying groups in Washington and most of the media on their side. They've created an open-air prison for a group of people and committed human rights abuses on a regular basis. Their leaders were bragging on social media today about committing war crimes.

What happened sucks, but it's part of war. You can't be outraged when one side finally fights back with the same tactics as their oppressors. They don't have many options but to fight these types of guerilla wars. As for the location, hosting a rave right outside a concentration camp isn't the best optics either.

Regardless, what would you have done in their position?

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-09-2023 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2023, 05:30 PM   #259
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're not winning an optics war with Israel. They have the strongest lobbying groups in Washington and most of the media on their side. They've created an open-air prison for a group of people and committed human rights abuses on a regular basis. Their leaders were bragging on social media today about committing war crimes.

What happened sucks, but it's part of war. You can't be outraged when one side finally fights back with the same tactics as their oppressors. They don't have many options but to fight these types of guerilla wars. As for the location, hosting a rave right outside a concentration camp isn't the best optics either.

This is not right at the border.. it's miles and miles (like 10Km+ inside the border)
Old 10-09-2023, 05:40 PM   #260
RainMaker
General Manager

Re'im is like 3 miles from the wall.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:27 PM   #261
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What would have done in their position? Oh, I don't know. Gave up on the failed policy of terror many many years ago and have taken one of the many peace plans that they have been offered that would have given them more freedoms and independence and the ability to deal on the world stage. It is not like there haven't been many opportunities for peace shattered over the decades. Not always the Palestinians fault, but also not always Isreal's fault either.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:34 PM   #262
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Live stream on Gaza city. It's evening. Israel has been firing some rockets (but calm now).

LIVE Multi-Cam: Views from Israel and Gaza amid ongoing fighting - YouTube

I have this live feed on another, overlapping window. The folks operating it made a bunch of noise, voices etc. and apparently left. Some folks at the chat box said they were leaving the building and speculation is they got some warning about their building being targeted.

There were some artillery/rockets and could see the explosions. But then there was a pretty loud bang, flash of light, and 1 of their 4 cameras went dark. Could also hear people walking on shattered glass. Camera is back up so don't think they hit this building in particular but close enough.

Lots of shouting and some screaming below. Horns or sirens going off.

Shitty situation.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-09-2023 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:59 PM   #263
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
What would have done in their position? Oh, I don't know. Gave up on the failed policy of terror many many years ago and have taken one of the many peace plans that they have been offered that would have given them more freedoms and independence and the ability to deal on the world stage. It is not like there haven't been many opportunities for peace shattered over the decades. Not always the Palestinians fault, but also not always Isreal's fault either.

Agreed that that policy of terror by both sides of the war is not helping. It certainly does not provide a great working relationship for peace negotiations. I think they should both stop.

Which deal do you think they should have taken? The 2000 deal is really the only one that seemed feasible. And that still amounted to one side stealing the land of the other and then negotiating to give 10% back with some caveats. Perhaps with the position the Palestinians were in, they should have taken it.

But I think many people would reject it, including Americans. If our land had been taken from us and the peace proposal was we got to keep a few states in the Northeast, I think you know where public sentiment would lie.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:08 PM   #264
GrantDawg

If we were in that situation, it would be preferable to take that deal than to teach our young boys to strap bombs on their bodies and run into shopping malls.

Old 10-09-2023, 07:27 PM   #265
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
If we were in that situation, it would be preferable to take that deal than to teach our young boys to strap bombs on their bodies and run into shopping malls.

I really don't think America would accept a deal like that. Sure, some like you might. But Americans have sacrificed their lives for far less. Heck, we have regular terrorist attacks over things like a gay bar existing.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:44 PM   #266
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah basically what he said. It's not Israel's lobbying groups creating and uploading the videos going around Telegram etc, and we've both heard extensive criticism of Israel and it's government over the years even if it doesn't fit your narrative so you're pretending it never exists. (Much justified, but also a decent amount driven by anti-Semitism or at least "anti-Zionism" in the speakers eyes.) Israel will probably go too far and we'll have a 3rd intifada but Hamas attacked in such a terroristic fashion not a single Arab country, Fatah, Hezbollah, or the vast majority of Palestinians in the West Bank are willing to join their side at this point and all the rhetoric coming from Europe and the UN is anti-Hamas's actions which it rarely is. Even now Hamas is threatening to execute hostages on video and release them to get the bombing to stop, when the play to get some public opinion back on your side would be to have those hostages killed (or appear to be killed) by Israeli bombing, but they're too dumb and indoctrinated into a cultish echo chamber that hates humanity and celebrates their actions on social media to recognize it.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:59 PM   #267
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 09:12 PM   #268
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah basically what he said. It's not Israel's lobbying groups creating and uploading the videos going around Telegram etc, and we've both heard extensive criticism of Israel and it's government over the years even if it doesn't fit your narrative so you're pretending it never exists. (Much justified, but also a decent amount driven by anti-Semitism or at least "anti-Zionism" in the speakers eyes.) Israel will probably go too far and we'll have a 3rd intifada but Hamas attacked in such a terroristic fashion not a single Arab country, Fatah, Hezbollah, or the vast majority of Palestinians in the West Bank are willing to join their side at this point and all the rhetoric coming from Europe and the UN is anti-Hamas's actions which it rarely is. Even now Hamas is threatening to execute hostages on video and release them to get the bombing to stop, when the play to get some public opinion back on your side would be to have those hostages killed (or appear to be killed) by Israeli bombing, but they're too dumb and indoctrinated into a cultish echo chamber that hates humanity and celebrates their actions on social media to recognize it.

It's a war. Israel commits terrorism on innocent civilians on a daily basis. The Palestinians retaliated with terrorism on innocent civilians too. There's no goodguys in this scenario. Just extremists carrying out atrocities against innocent civilians.

Optics don't matter in a war for survival. Especially in one where people are siding based on religion and skin color. And even if it did matter, who tells the story? Israel just executed 3 journalists and 2 others are missing over the weekend. Not like you're going to hear both sides of this one.

And drop the faux outrage over those videos. Israeli soldiers wore t-shirts with a bullseye on pregnant women stomachs saying "1 shot, 2 kills". During the last conflict, Israeli citizens parties on top of a hill as they watched bombs fall on Palestinians. The people running an apartheid state don't get to take the moral high ground.

This is a war. Bad things happen and will continue to happen. The United States should be looking for a peaceful resolution. If that's not possible, they should mind their own business. You don't take sides when both sides are committing atrocities.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:32 PM   #269
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Nah, I'm not thrilled with the overall situation or supportive of a lot of the overall Israeli actions but perfectly happy to pick a side in this one. If someone wants to take a stand defending Hamas here and now other people can make their own judgment, no sense arguing more over it.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:38 PM   #270
RainMaker
General Manager

It's also worth noting that Hamas is who the Israeli regime wanted. They iced out Abbas and have propped up and funded Hamas for years. The strategy is that having a more extreme opponent meant no chance at there ever being a Palestinian state.

It's the equivalent of the American government funding the Proud Boys or 3 Percenters because they find it beneficial to have extremists as their opposition. Then acting surprised when those groups carry out a terrorist attack.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:43 PM   #271
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Nah, I'm not thrilled with the overall situation or supportive of a lot of the overall Israeli actions but perfectly happy to pick a side in this one. If someone wants to take a stand defending Hamas here and now other people can make their own judgment, no sense arguing more over it.

No one defending Hamas. This is a war between two sides that commit terrorism and human rights abuses. The sides in this conflict are innocent civilians or violent extremists. I don't think Americans should support either violent extremists. If we can't protect innocent civilians, we should stay out of it.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:03 PM   #272
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No one defending Hamas.

Apparently you are.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:10 PM   #273
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Apparently you are.

No more than you and others defend war crimes, apartheid, and genocide.

Some times, two bad groups fight.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:15 PM   #274
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No more than you and others defend war crimes, apartheid, and genocide.

Some times, two bad groups fight.

Hamas shared photos of slain Israeli grandma on her Facebook

Yeah and both sides and all.

Hamas needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:35 PM   #275
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Hamas shared photos of slain Israeli grandma on her Facebook

Yeah and both sides and all.

Hamas needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth.

I'm sure you have it wrong. Hamas denies it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egipqa0ZhUk
Quote:
Hamas' Head of Political and International Relations has told Sky News that no civilians have been killed by the militant group.

Doctor Basem Naim told Sky's Mark Austin that only Israeli "soldiers" were killed.

Dr Naim also said he "100% guaranteed" that any hostages taken by Hamas will be safe.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:42 PM   #277
Edward64
Head Coach

And it is true we can't be 100% that Hamas did behead a couple soldiers as there is no video. It's possible those are fake bodies ...

Needless to say NSFW (or Home)

Blocked
Old 10-09-2023, 10:47 PM   #278
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Even if there was video we couldn't be completely sure. It's not hard to fake that stuff these days.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:50 PM   #279
RainMaker
General Manager

They probably did. They're a ruthless terrorist group in a war.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:03 PM   #280
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

So you are equating some Israeli soldiers being vulgar after a shot to what happened what happened to Israeli civilians? It's a 1 on a scale of 1-10 of atrocities. Definitely a 10 on bad taste though.

I counted 4 incidents in your article. 3 of the 4 were related to "throwing stones, Molotov cocktails or fireworks". The 1 of 4, no other info but no problem in conceding Israeli soldier should be trialed, and if found guilty, be punished.

Lesson is, don't throw rocks, molotov cocktails or shoot fireworks at armed enemy soldiers.

See above re: throwing rocks, molotov cocktails or shotting fireworks at armed enemy soldiers

This is does seem legit. It seems the US is investigating (essentially disagreeing with Israel) but going slow.

This is a 1 on a scale 1-10 of atrocities. It's not even an atrocity yet, let me know if/when something bad happens.

Yup, bad soldiers. Good thing the IDF condemns it.

This is an atrocity? I may be wrong but assume the bombs dropping on Gaza is in response to something bad happening to Israel (and their troops) ... like missiles being shot at civilians. Soldiers cheering is a 1 on a scale 1-10 of atrocities.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-09-2023 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:04 PM   #281
Edward64
Head Coach

Reserved

I've responded to your list. I'll come up with my list tomorrow and let's see how the "equivalences" measure out.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-09-2023 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:18 PM   #282
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't care about equivalences because I know Hamas is bad. You're just creating a strawman like usual because you have no defense for what Israel does to innocent civilians.

You know they keep track of civilians killed, right? As well as wounded. You'll notice the wounded is quite high because they figured out that "injuring an unarmed civilian" (shooting their legs) plays better than "killing an unarmed civilian".

Data on casualties | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory

And that's not even touching on the human rights abuses of having an apartheid state that imprisons civilians and offers no economic or political options. Or just flat out murdering journalists who report on what happens.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:26 PM   #283
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
This is an atrocity? I may be wrong but assume the bombs dropping on Gaza is in response to something bad happening to Israel (and their troops) ... like missiles being shot at civilians. Soldiers cheering is a 1 on a scale 1-10 of atrocities.

The argument being made is that Hamas killing kidnapping and/or killing civilians is worse because they celebrate it. That it's a cult that hates humanity and celebrates it.

Having a picnic watching a bunch of people who had nothing to do with terrorist attacks get bombed to pieces seems bad too. Or having your leader gleefully brag about committing war crimes on social media.

Seems like a couple of fucked up extremists in a war.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:27 PM   #284
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Seems like a couple of fucked up extremists in a war.

So why are you overwhelming in support of one of the sides?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:31 PM   #285
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't care about equivalences because I know Hamas is bad. You're just creating a strawman like usual because you have no defense for what Israel does to innocent civilians.

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate not wasting my time.

But to be fair, your post with the links said below. I assumed you were trying to say "sure Hamas does atrocities but so do the Israelis". Both sides = Equivalencies. So no, I'm not creating a strawman, I'm actually not sure how else I would have read your statement with the links. But no problem, I understand, hard to defend beheadings.

Quote:
Yeah, both sides.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-09-2023 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 01:09 AM   #286
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
So why are you overwhelming in support of one of the sides?

I don't have a side in Israel vs Hamas. Just think it's important to know why they are fighting. The fact that 2 million people are imprisoned on a stretch of land with little access to resources or the political process matters. Same with land and homes being stolen by force. It might explain the desperation of those willing to commit acts of terror.

It's not new to history. Militia committed acts of terrorism during the Revolutionary War. The ANC did the same in South Africa. Same with Native Americans and the Old IRA. We condemn the actions of those involved in killing of innocent civilians while understanding the bigger conflict at hand.

The only side I'm on is one that ends peacefully. Where people have a say in their futures and do not have to live under an apartheid system. Where innocent civilians aren't pawns for religious extremists. That might be impossible at this point with how extremist both sides are, but hopefully someday the conflict can be resolved and people can be free.
Old 10-10-2023, 02:50 AM   #287
GrantDawg

We understand why they are fighting. We are disagreeing with their tactics. Suicide bombs and taking innocent hostages were not employed by the Americans in the Revolutionary War. You can't compare attacking military targets to attacks on innocent civilians. You are broad-brushing false equivalence to justify terror.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-10-2023 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:07 AM   #288
GrantDawg

By the way, how was "Hamas who the Israeli government wanted" when they were literally arresting Hamas candidates and trying to prevent Hanas supporters from voting in the last elections? Are you saying they were using reverse psychology of some sort?

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-10-2023 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:09 AM   #289
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
We understand why they are fighting. We are disagreeing with their tactics. Suicide bombs and taking innocent hostages were not employed by the Americans in the Revolutionary War. You can't compare attacking military targets to attacks on innocent civilians. You are broad-brushing false equivalence to justify terror.

Correct, they didn't use suicide bombs. They did round up a group of Christian pacifists in Ohio, stole their communion wine to get wasted, and then proceeded to scalp all the men, women, and children. The women and young girls were raped before having their heads caved in with an axe.

And Washington didn't get the name "town destroyer" for nothing. He had troops go through Iroquois lands and destroy every village they came across. Burn and steal all the crops, kill women and children, and take some hostages for themselves (you can guess what the young women were used for) before executing them. The aftermath was a major famine that wiped out like half the Iroquois population in New York.

Those were innocent civilians. There are many more if you read up on the Revolutionary War. Many militias were not keen on those who wanted to stay neutral during the war and paid the price.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:31 AM   #290
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
By the way, how was "Hamas who the Israeli government wanted" when they were literally arresting Hamas candidates and trying to prevent Hanas supporters from voting in the last elections? Are you saying they were using reverse psychology of some sort?

Abbas is seen as the bigger threat toward a Palestinian state becoming a reality. He's more moderate and pragmatic. A guy who could sway public opinion toward a Palestinian state.

So the strategy of Netanyahu and his party has been to prop up Hamas. They let Qatar funnel money in to Gaza and they massively increased work permits in Gaza while ignoring the West Bank. Basically split the Palestinians in two.

Netanyahu has been pretty open about this since taking power. Quoted as saying "those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state". His party has spoken about this a lot too, including in recent days. They wanted a stronger Hamas.

As for elections, that was almost 20 years ago when Israel had a more moderate leader that was open to a Palestinian state.
Old 10-10-2023, 05:59 AM   #291
GrantDawg

So every atrocity is terrorism? No. It is not. I never suggested the US has been innocent of war crimes. Nor have suggested Israel is innocent. You are reaching for equivalencies though.

Old 10-10-2023, 06:17 AM   #292
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You are reaching for equivalencies though.

That's how I'm reading it, so I'm confused. But maybe it's the definition of "equivalencies" or "both sides"?

To be clear, I'm absolutely for discussing "equivalencies" and "both sides" in any discussion.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:48 AM   #293
Flasch186
Coordinator

Starting to wonder if this should be moved to Edwards thread….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:02 AM   #294
Edward64
Head Coach

Possibly. I'm open to it ...

But IMO the debate has been pretty good. There has been a hint of sarcasm but nothing spiteful like the pre 9/19 levels.

This is how it should be. An exchange of ideas & opinions, not cheap shots and accusations.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-10-2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:26 AM   #295
Flasch186
Coordinator

World Politics

Except it’s starting to not be about world politics and starting to be about Edwards discussion points which is when the discussion should be moved imo

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 10-10-2023 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:29 AM   #296
Edward64
Head Coach

Hey, I was just sharing live streams and I didn't start this debate.

You have Rainmaker & GrantDawg as the primary culprits.

Regardless, still a good sharing of opinions & POVs, no attacks or spiteful sarcasm discussion ... yet. Wonder why that is?

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-10-2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:41 AM   #297
Flasch186
Coordinator

🤦‍♂️

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 10-10-2023, 12:54 PM   #298
GrantDawg

It looks like the failure to be prepared and allow this attack to happen wasn't Trump or Biden, but Israel and its fixation on culture war issues. Sound familiar?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-intelligence/
Old 10-10-2023, 01:00 PM   #299
GrantDawg

But you know. Both sides.
Old 10-10-2023, 01:23 PM   #300
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
So every atrocity is terrorism? No. It is not. I never suggested the US has been innocent of war crimes. Nor have suggested Israel is innocent. You are reaching for equivalencies though.

No, you seemed to imply that the killing of civilians was unique to Hamas. Just pointing out that countless oppressed groups do it and Israel is a much bigger culprit of murdering innocent civilians and taking hostages.