Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2021, 08:23 PM   #1
nickelback
n00b

Defense

Does anyone have any defensive game plans that they would be willing to share? Can't seem to get a hang of that side of the ball and Rex doesn't exact do the best job.

nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
Ronmun29
n00b

For me, it's really based on the upcoming opponent...meaning that they don't last long enough to save.

I will say a few of my keys here...
1- look at the scouting report of the opponent...the first part I notice...that determines much of the defensive set I go with that game...is the scramble frequency of the opposing QB. If he is an avid scrambler, then at least 9 of my defensive plays will be plays with a spy.

2- I look at the WRs...if they have a tendency to target more than 1 on deep throws, I will only use 1 or 2 of the "cover-1/press-1" defenses, for use down close to my own GL on defense where I don't have to think of deep passes.

3-I will watch a bit of their recent game, at least...with an eye to how well they pick up blitzers. If blitzing them has success, then I will use blitz on about half my defense plays..if it usually doesn't work, then I won't abandon it, but will only incorporate maybe 2 plays..both with multiple blitzers.

4-Cover-3 and cover-4 both have some issues with trips-sets...if they use a lot of tris, I will either not use cover-3/4 or only use 1, as my "late game prevent D"
Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote