Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 AM   #601
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Gee I mention your names and nothing? I may as well go to sleep.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #602
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So with a fresh look at things and knowing (with high likelihood) that CR is good, I have a different idea for a candidate today. Looking at the CR voters from D1, dwardzala's vote stands out most since it pushed him to 4 to compete with DT. He also voted for Thomkal (known villager) early in the day. To add to this voting info making him look poor, there is also this circumstantial evidence:

1. I voted him early D1 but he never received a second vote.
2. He voted early for Thomkal D2 and never gave much indication of changing his vote or considering anyone else.
3. Danny's comment yesterday about Thomkal and he wouldn't think a wolf wouldn't jump to vote him if he was a villager...maybe the wolf was already on him.

Seems like a reasonable starting point for the day anyway.

Vote Dwardzala
2. Danny's comment regarding Thomkal
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #603
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day One

6 Daddy Torgo - Autumn (70), Zinto (77), Lathum (78), Hoops (130), Danny (139), Mauboy (151)
5 Darth Vilus - Narcizo (71), MrBug (86) Chief Rum (93), JAG (103), Daddy Torgo (117)
3 mckerney - bhlloy (73), PackerFanatic (84) Thomkal (92)
4 Chief Rum - Crimson Fox (81), Jackal (85), Mckerney (101), dwardzala (106)

Day Two

6 Thomkal - Dwardzala (186), Mauboy (280), MrBug (324), Zinto (330), Danny (347), Chief Rum (356)
3 Chief Rum - JAG (253), Darth Vilus (240), Jackal (253)
5 MrBug - CrimsonFox (206), Narcizo (207), Bhlloy (236), Hoops (319), Thomkal (324)
1 JAG - PackerFanatic (213)
1 CrimsonFox - Lathum (220)
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 AM   #604
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I like this group:
Zinto, bhlloy, PackerFanatic, DV, Lathum, JAG, Jackal, Narcizo.

I don't know anything about this group really. Some suspicious activity and some spidey sense. Some under the radar quietness. I want to start at the most suspicious sounding poster and voter to me.

VOTE Zinto

What would you like to know about me that you don't, other than more detail into my musical tastes?

You've got a pretty broad group there and some I think are rather low percentage choices (DV in particular, Jackal unless you think he's cunning or that both he and Mau are wolves which seems rather unlikely). In the end, I would be mildly surprised if there was a wolf on DT with the way the vote went, with the quick run up to three and then the run at the end of the day, so I don't see going after Zinto or Lathum without something more.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:01 AM   #605
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

JAG to be honest MrBug and/or you look like the best bets for a wolf at the moment but you're making a lot of sense about dwardzala. I'm going to read through and see what I make of it. Haven't had much of a time to digest or put my thinking cap on as I've been running hither and thither restarting servers this morning. In between the important work of compiling the voting list.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #606
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I do think either Zinto or Lathum are wolves. There was no danger to DT until hoops and Danny pulled the switcheroo. And I think it more because of how they act. Yeah the group is broad. I've been preoccupied with the scan business and not getting lynch myself to look at the people I mentioned.

But for a variety of reasons really.

There is the Danny/hoops/mckerney group that got trust boosts from day 1.

Oh yeah the DV thing. I remember that now.

So there's the me/bug/Chief/mauboy/jackal thing.

So are you really going to believe everyone above is clear?

I think Zinto/Lathum is a source of one wolf as I believe in spread out wolves and wolf on wolf action (bow chicka bowhowwwwwwwwl) is all the rage these days.

I think there's a wolf in the quiet ones (bhlloy/packerfanatic/dwardcala)

JAG and Narcizo - useful info a lot and...hmmm...I just don't know. But I like having you around so I wouldn't think of voting for you right now.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #607
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zgxf1xzRkQ&NR=1
Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #608
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The one-off scans are kind of like the Vegas game in that the people scanned are more likely to be cleared than the people scanning them, as it would be very risky for a wolf to try to pass along another wolf as cleared and take the chance of losing both wolves if they were found out. So that makes me feel reasonably good about CR and Jackal mores than the scanners, although it's tough to think Mau would be a wolf and cast the vote he did D1.

As for Zinto / Lathum, I kind of agree with bhlloy that Zinto usually comes off a bit wolfy, but like others I used to think that about until I kept being wrong, I need something more solid before I would consider voting him. As for Lathum, that's even more unlikely in my opinion. I absolutely do not see wolf Lathum pushing a fellow wolf to 3 votes D1 with villager options to vote for.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #609
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Anyway, yes, that's a lot of people that I don't see as likely wolves, which means I could be wrong, but my guess is there wouldn't be more than one wolf in my broad "low percentage" group and there are still candidates outside that group to explore, so I don't see imvestigating them until we take a few swings at more likely wolves. We got a really good gift D1.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #610
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I still don't see any reason to chase DT voters. Yeah, wolf-on-wolf action and all but still. Seems like there's more obvious places to look.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #611
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Narcizo has an excuse. The rest o'y'all need to go to sleep, fer Crissakes!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #612
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hey up Chief - got any ideas about where to look. You're one of the most trusted out there now so I'm interested in what you have to say.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #613
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Wish I could get a chance to look through things again but people keep on ringing wanting stuff fixed, the selfish bostords!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #614
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I do think either Zinto or Lathum are wolves. There was no danger to DT until hoops and Danny pulled the switcheroo.

Just to reiterate on the above bolded, after Zinto / Lathum put their votes on DT, there was certainly a lot of danger to DT at that point with him having a 3-1-1-1 lead over the other candidates. The way the vote went from there to when the late DT run started, there were likely multiple wolves trying to drum up other candidates. If my suspicion about dwardzala is correct, that would be an additional reason to think they could be trying to up mckerney / CR / DV at that point. It was the actions between the 3-1-1-1 and the late DT run where there was a good chance for activity to save DT (as Narcizo pointed out in his early D2 analysis).
Old 05-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #615
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Hey up Chief - got any ideas about where to look. You're one of the most trusted out there now so I'm interested in what you have to say.

I'm going to have to look at things closer right now, because I don't really have a confident guess. My gut, though, says that the village for the most part has targeted villagers and the wolves are content to let us cannabalize ourselves.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #616
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
So these are some prime players after this last vote, I might have missed one

hoopsguy
Narc,
Bhlloy
Mauboy

Co-incidentally all people who voted for you. Suprised you didn't add Thomkal as a wolf who shows up villager when dead.

Bhlloy and me I can buy but hoops and mauboy? Really?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #617
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Co-incidentally all people who voted for you. Suprised you didn't add Thomkal as a wolf who shows up villager when dead.

Bhlloy and me I can buy but hoops and mauboy? Really?

D'oh! Sorry about that Bug. Just been looking through again and Mau didn't vote you. You've got to admit it was funny otherwise. Don't you?

Probably not.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #618
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Also to get this out there preemptively in case someone scanned me with Sixth Sense last night...if you're wondering how the scan got through when you saw my list of disciplines, I turned off Mindshield last night, with the idea that:

1. I would be a reasonable target of such a scan and
2. That if someone did scan me, they would be far more likely to be a villager than wolf, since a wolf would be a lot more likely to scan a more trusted target.

I'm glad Abe made the below post because it hadn't been mentioned yet in the thread that Mindshield could be turned off (I didn't know if it could until I PM'ed him yesterday about it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
You can only use one action. Camouflage, Mindshield - these are not action but protections. You can turn them off and open yourself totally up, that's not a night action either. Also, Mind over Matter is a day action, and does not count against your night action. (And it must be submitted before 10 as well).
Old 05-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #619
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I still think there must be another wolf vote on Darth Vilus. I realise that it's easier for me to think that because I know there's only two wolf candidates there. But dwardzala looks a good place to look as well. I'm going to look at those three.

Votes:
JAG - his vote day one pushes Vilus ahead of Torgo. Starts up with a vote on Chief Rum, and doesn't actually move despite claiming misgivings about Rum being a wolf. He picks up votes early in the day but Hoops moving off of him again seems to take him out of contention. I've got a decent amount of trust for Hoops (with the usual provisos about him being a good wolf) so I don't really read much into that. I know I made it two votes to MrBug yesterday but I'm a bit surprised that JAG didn't pick up more heat, which could be a minus.

MrBug - his vote day one pushes DV into a three-way tie one off of DT on 3. Day two he's pretty much a target from the start and acts in self-defence. If he's a wolf and a save is made then you're pretty much looking at Zinto being the one doing it. If that's the case Bug would have to have a pretty juicy role to warrant that sort of a save. You'd have to look earlier on in the day for wolf efforts to save with votes on Chief, JAG or Thomkal.

Dwardzalla - his vote day one is just as bad as JAG's if you think Chief is villager. Didn't attract any other votes which is a minus. Votes known villager early day two and disappears.

Gathering Information:
Not as important day three as day two but a MrBug vote tells us the most - were wolves maneuvering to save him early on, did Zinto save him? Plus if he's a villager we can put Chief in dark blue. JAG was kind of a target yesterday so we'll get some info. Dwardzalla we get very little info from, except if he comes up wolf now then JAG looks better.

Generally activity:
MrBug's activity seem strange to me. His reveal from the scan is useless and looks like the sort of thing a wolf would do to get trust. There's the whole uncertainty about who he scanned until after Crimson reveals that he scanned Chief as good, which is kind of dubious to me. But overall he gives the impression of a confused villager than a wolf with an agenda. Seems very eager to claim himself cleared but the wolves are going to have to have talked about this, specifically to avoid making the sort of mistake people thought Chief made so it's going to be fresher for them than anyone else.

JAG has been pretty helpful and seems to have come up with good ideas and thoughts. There's the whole "Kill Autumn" thing but that's hardly damning, same way as Danny being nked it doesn't automatically mean DV is a wolf. Seems very quick to drop the target DV line from yesterday and start in on dwardzala without commenting on Bug which could be a minus or not.

Dwardzala - yeah. No. Same boat as MrBug yesterday.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #620
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Okay I really think we have one or two wolves in the three people I've looked at. I set my tie-breaker to least participation so I thin I'll go there again.

Vote Dwardzala

Some day it's got to work.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #621
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still think there must be another wolf vote on Darth Vilus. I realise that it's easier for me to think that because I know there's only two wolf candidates there. But dwardzala looks a good place to look as well. I'm going to look at those three.

Votes:
JAG - his vote day one pushes Vilus ahead of Torgo. Starts up with a vote on Chief Rum, and doesn't actually move despite claiming misgivings about Rum being a wolf. He picks up votes early in the day but Hoops moving off of him again seems to take him out of contention. I've got a decent amount of trust for Hoops (with the usual provisos about him being a good wolf) so I don't really read much into that. I know I made it two votes to MrBug yesterday but I'm a bit surprised that JAG didn't pick up more heat, which could be a minus.

Only quibble I have is with the bolded line. During the day, Thomkal and Bug became more interesting to me and I almost switched on a couple occasions, but I was waiting most of the day for CR to post something that would tell me about him one way or another. When he finally did, I felt like he didn't have much to contribute other than, "I'm not a wolf, don't vote me." So even though my opinion of the other two dropped at points during the day yesterday, I didn't like the vibe I was getting from Chief along with my other reasoning (DT avoiding him D1) so I stuck it out there. Obviously I was wrong about 2 of 3 at least and possibly all of them, so not a stellar day.

As far as another wolf on DV, I agree it would seem pretty unusual if there isn't. I'm not sure what to make of Bug at this point, I don't understand some of his behavior, I don't feel great about his posts, yet somehow I don't feel strongly about voting him. I feel reasonably good about you just vibe-wise though what Danny said about not knowing how you act as a wolf is a reasonable point as I've never seen you as a wolf. Perhaps DT chose to vote DV instead of CR because there wasn't a wolf on DV but there was one on CR? I don't know, I'm less gung-ho on it than yesterday and more interested in CR voters D1 with the strong suspicion that he is good.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #622
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think Chief, Hoops and Autumn are the guys here who probably know most about what I'm like as a wolf. Autumn's the only one who's been a wolf with me. Actually I was a wolf with mau for a couple of days but I'd rather not bring up that debacle.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #623
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

D'oh! I just did.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #624
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't help thinking that the scans aside from mine are bogus. Mauboy is the king of false reveals and so much about the timing of bug's scan bugs me. Hey! I didn't even mean that. And Chief's hysterics make me think he's a cunning of some sort.

And the other thing. Why did the other two come out with a reveal tonight. I failed my first attempt because I scanned autumn who died. Now did both mau and bug do the same? I don't think I trust this.

I somehow feel Thomkal just won.

Somehow I don't feel that way...
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #625
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So with a fresh look at things and knowing (with high likelihood) that CR is good, I have a different idea for a candidate today. Looking at the CR voters from D1, dwardzala's vote stands out most since it pushed him to 4 to compete with DT. He also voted for Thomkal (known villager) early in the day. To add to this voting info making him look poor, there is also this circumstantial evidence:

1. I voted him early D1 but he never received a second vote.
2. He voted early for Thomkal D2 and never gave much indication of changing his vote or considering anyone else.
3. Danny's comment yesterday about Thomkal and he wouldn't think a wolf wouldn't jump to vote him if he was a villager...maybe the wolf was already on him.

Seems like a reasonable starting point for the day anyway.

Vote Dwardzala
2. Danny's comment regarding Thomkal

Pretty funny, I was going to make this exact point this morning and was going to vote Dward.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #626
Danny
Head Coach

Not sure I am comfortable putting a third vote in a row there though. I like him as a candidate still, but may try and bring someone else in as a second candidate.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #627
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Bhhloy

Looking at the votes, I think he makes a good second candidate.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #628
The Jackal
Coordinator

Wow, a lot of posts and happenings in the wee hours. I think it's safe to say CR is clear! Though I really think we need one more scan on him.

Happily surprised that mau scanned me, though I do wonder how many animal kinships we have left. Sucks that two people went on CR the same night, even if that solidifies the idea that he's good.

Dward and bhlloy seem good candidates, as do JAG and Zinto. Going to get some errands in and then I'll be back to analyze the votes those people have made a bit closer.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #629
MrBug708
Head Coach

We know for certain that a scan will come up correct, right?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #630
bhlloy
Coordinator

I want to explore Zinto more, he's playing a very under the radar game and the DT vote that he's getting his trust from is a potential wolf play. He had a key, key Thomkal vote on day 2. So really, I'm pretty surprised he's not getting more looks here.

Vote Zinto
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #631
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I know I have been pretty quiet up to this point...after nearly blowing it last game, I have been watching intently from the sidelines (for better or worse, I suppose).

I think dward and bhhloy are the best options at this point, based on voting...but getting one more candidate out there would be a good idea too. I am still not totally sold on JAG (hence my vote not moving last night - that and the fact I wasn't on at deadline) so I might throw him out there, but I will wait to see how things pan out this aft.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #632
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

[quote=JAG;2465267]Just to reiterate on the above bolded, after Zinto / Lathum put their votes on DT, there was certainly a lot of danger to DT at that point with him having a 3-1-1-1 lead over the other candidates. QUOTE]

I agree with this. No way I put a third vote on a wolf. Admitidely I had no clue Zinto had voted, but I would have had a perfectly reasonable reason to move that vote and I chose to leave it. That has to be worth something.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #633
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

As of Post 632:

2 dwardzala - JAG (602), Narcizo (620)
2 Zinto - CrimsonFox (600), bhlloy (630)
1 bhlloy - Danny (627)

Yet to vote: hoops, Lathum, mckerney, PackerFanatic, Chief Rum, Zinto, dwardzala, Bug, Mau, Jackal, DV
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jag is the thread killer
Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #635
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote JAckal
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #636
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Vote JAckal

So.. you think mau and I are both wolves? I'm obviously not 100% cleared but this is an odd vote in the scheme of things today.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #637
The Jackal
Coordinator

Looking at the other candidates, now that I have time:

Zinto has 1 vote on a wolf, 1 vote on a known villager. Raises him up just slightly, as that second vote on DT could definitely have been a wolf on wolf vote, and he wouldn't be expecting Lathum to piggyback. Still, I don't know if it's enough to go his way today.

Dwardzala has a questionable looking day one vote, similar to JAG, and put forth the first vote on Thom day two, known villager.

bhlloy added mckerney (unknown) to the mix day one, and tacked on bug (unknown, but on the slightly trusted side for his scan) day two.

I think all three of these guys are good candidates, but going on gut between dwardz and bhlloy I'm feeling a little worse about bhlloy.

VOTE BHLLOY
Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #638
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll be in and out today, will try to be around at the deadline but with the Flyers I can't guarantee it.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #639
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As the remaining Kai in Sommerlund, your goal is to make it to the capital of Holmgard. For now, a more important goal is to survive.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #640
Zinto
College Starter

I do not believe that the DT vote should give me much trust to be honest it seems like many wolves are laying down an early vote to gain trust in most games. Also my vote on Thomkal looks bad but usually ties do not favor the village and if Bug is also a villager then I am not sure how much you can put into me moving my vote.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #641
Zinto
College Starter

I do not have a very good read on Bhlloy since he excuses me of being a wolf then I believe that he actually is a wolf trying to get my terrible villager butt lynched.

Dward has been quiet but that usually is his MO. The early vote on Thomkal looks worse now and I usually look at the early votes that stuck through out the day when I believe that two villagers where on the block.

I almost want to vote Lathum because my understanding of how he plays a villager is very in your face and confrontational while I feel that as a wolf he is much more quiet.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #642
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum what's up with that vote? You will be the only one on him so do the village a favor and change your vote.

Unless Kai lords are bad from your perspective....Smith.....
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #643
Zinto
College Starter

I guess I should say on Lathum that his head doesn't seem to be in the game now that i see his vote on Jackal and think about it. Then again he could be like me and forgot who scanned and who got scanned.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #644
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

gah

Unvote Jackal

Was just looking at voting records and who was on a villager both days that people werent talking about
Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #645
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Thomkal
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #646
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Vote Thomkal

A day too late Lathum
Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #647
The Jackal
Coordinator

Lathum really wants to throw away his vote, haha.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #648
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

gah!

Vote Chief Rum
Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #649
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's this kind of bizarre play that makes Lathum so interesting. Everytime he does stuff like this people will say, "oh there's no way a wolf would put himself in the spotlight by making such moves, he's too smart for that". He IS smart, and though I can't remember him doing this as a wolf lately, I'm sure he has.

From his voting on the previous days and his posts I haven't gotten a wolf vibe from him so I'm not looking there yet, especially not today. I suppose he might have thought his vote on DT was the second, not the third, and then was forced into never moving it, but that's not enough an argument at this stage for me to go after him. The other candidates we have up are better.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #650
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Vote Thomkal

This is not Lathum's "A" game
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote