Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #501
Danny
Head Coach

So game over and we win?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #502
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, looks like we had a discipline match and that kept someone alive.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #503
Danny
Head Coach

FWIW, Chief is usually very calm and collected as a wolf, and he's kind of all over the place this game. That along with (well mostly because of) the scan, I don't see him as someone worth wondering about for the time being.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #504
MrBug708
Head Coach

I ended up scanning Chief as well since my change of vote happened at the 7pm deadline and he came up as a good guy.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #505
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
That would have been a good time for an attack of opportunity by the Agents.

Crap! This is D&D 3.0??? *WHINE!!!!*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #506
Danny
Head Coach

Anyone else scan Chief?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #507
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
FWIW, Chief is usually very calm and collected as a wolf, and he's kind of all over the place this game. That along with (well mostly because of) the scan, I don't see him as someone worth wondering about for the time being.

I do agree that Chief's day one rants against mckerney struck me as typical chief.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #508
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I ended up scanning Chief as well since my change of vote happened at the 7pm deadline and he came up as a good guy.

Well, at least we can eliminate the possibility that CF and CR are wolves trying to cover for each other. Unless all three of you are bad...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #509
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah hopefully everyone wasted their scans on chief so we can just ya know not have any left.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #510
Danny
Head Coach

I'd give all three being good a very high chance. If CF was a wolf, he would have been better off letting chief hang. And I really really doubt Mr Bug is a wolf.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #511
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Then we know WITHOUT A DOUBT that CR is good :-D
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #512
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I guess everyone healed each other...

Big hottub of life
Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #513
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone else scan Chief?

I scanned myself. I was blocked. I find that very suspicious.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #514
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd give all three being good a very high chance. If CF was a wolf, he would have been better off letting chief hang. And I really really doubt Mr Bug is a wolf.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #515
Danny
Head Coach

Very suspicious, unless a third person can confirm, my vote is likely heading your way
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #516
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I intended that for the post about me being good.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #517
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Please do not post PM results PRIOR to me running everything and such.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #518
MrBug708
Head Coach

My bad
Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #519
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So was anyone attacked?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #520
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm just really afraid if I fucked up Abe's awesome game.

I remember my Middle Earth game where I gave a few hobbits names similar or identical to those in Bree, Hob and Bob and such. Someone role revealed their name, and it wasn't excactly the name in the LOTR, so they lynched him. It was off by ONE letter. That was the worst lynch in any of my games, ever. They voted him off because his name was off by one letter, so they thought he was making it up. I can't imagine the way he felt and his frustration, since he couldn;t do anything about it, and it was clearly wrong logic.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #521
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
So was anyone attacked?

I was not.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #522
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I remember my Middle Earth game where I gave a few hobbits names similar or identical to those in Bree, Hob and Bob and such. Someone role revealed their name, and it wasn't excactly the name in the LOTR, so they lynched him. It was off by ONE letter. That was the worst lynch in any of my games, ever. They voted him off because his name was off by one letter, so they thought he was making it up. I can't imagine the way he felt and his frustration, since he couldn;t do anything about it, and it was clearly wrong logic.

I remember that game, but not the letter thing, since the village lynched my butt Day One, IIRC. That does suck.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #523
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

No point in me holding off on my animal kinship scan.

Jackal is a Kai Lord.

I put a scan in for tonight only because I felt I would be done early in this game. Just glad I didn't scan CR, which I had no intention of.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #524
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So was anyone attacked?

Maybe...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #525
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thoughts about the wolves "versions" of our Kai powers. Abe sid that wolves may have modified versions of this stuff:
So let me see if I can deduce some possbilities:
(These are not based on ANYTHING except my own thoughts (however dangerous they may be):

Camouflage –
OUR VERSION: You cannot be targeted at night by an Initiate with Weaponskill or Animal Kinship or Healing.
WOLVES VERSION: You scan as good.

Hunting –
OUR VERSION: Once, when you are about to be lynched, you will instead immediately take off into the forest for a short bit. You will emerge with a dead animal that will serve as a sacrifice in your stead. Therefore, you will not be lynched, and the person with the next most votes will instead be lynched.
WOLVES VERSION: I don't see this being any different.

Tracking -
OUR VERSION: When you are targeted at night by anyone, if you survive, you backtrack and can find out who. You won’t know why. This does not include Mind Over Matter, which does not target you, but your vote (and is not a Night Action).
WOLVES VERSION: - Not sure. Possibly something TOTALLY different. Or maybe those that track you get false information.

Mindblast – If attacked at night by someone with Weaponskill, you will drive them off but not know who is what (unless they have Mindshield, in which case, you will die). If you are in a tie with someone else for a lynch, you will win and not be lynched, unless you both have Mindblast, or they have Mindshield.
WOLVES - KILL someone.

Mindshield – You are immune to Mindblast and Sixth Sense.
WOLVES: Immune to scans of all kinds/scan as good?

Animal Kinship – Your power of animals is so strong that once in the game, you may submit a night action to scan another player by having small animals spy on your target. You will know their side. You can use it again if it fails against a Camouflage person.
WOLVES: Scan people's abilities?

Mind over Matter – Once in the game, as a Lynch Action, you may manipulate someone’s vote to cast it against another person, instead of the one they had intended to vote for, by mentally changing the ballot. During the vote count, it will be revealed who voted for whom officially, so people will know the vote was manipulated, but not who did it.
WOLVES: Doubt this has changed.

Sixth Sense – At night, you may scan a person. If you do, then you will learn what three Disciplines they have. This is blocked by Mindshield
WOLVES: Scan peoples stuff.

Weaponskill – Once, during the game, you may use a Night Action to attack someone. If they have no defense, then they die. If you have Weaponskill or Mindblast and are attacked by an Initiate using Weaponskill at night, you will survive. You will not know your assailant. Defense also includes someone who targeted you with Healing, or their own Weaponskill. You cannot hit someone with Camouflage at all, and if your Night Kill attempt fails, you may try again on future nights on other targets (or the same if you want). If you have not used your Night Kill successfully yet, then when you are lynched, you may choose to take someone with you.
WOLVES: Kill or brutal kill

Healing As a night action, you may target anyone other than yourself. That person is healed of any physical damage they took, and will not die. You may not target the same person in consecutive nights. Since you arrive after battle, you will not know who attacked, nor will the other side know who Healed. If you target an Agent, you will heal them just as well as you would an Initiate.
WOLVES: Prevent a kill of a comrade at night by hunters.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #526
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Abe. So can people use more than one discipline at night? Fir example if I have camaflogue and healing can I heal someone while I am still camaflouged or is it one or the other?

Posted from my iPhone.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #527
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
No point in me holding off on my animal kinship scan.

Jackal is a Kai Lord.

I put a scan in for tonight only because I felt I would be done early in this game. Just glad I didn't scan CR, which I had no intention of.

Kai Lord as in good dude, right? Cool, good to know.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #528
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Bug, why would you not have revealed you had Animal Kinship when you were in danger of being voted off? I don't understand that.

And sorry Chief. Crappy start of the game for me. I understand you think my behavior vs you is wolfish, but I think you're also overstating me going after you. I was also drawn to Bug and Thomkal, which isn't exactly great all things considered, but I was hardly closed off to thinking about other candidates.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #529
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think thevillagers are in trouble. There is no way to tell if a scan is legit or not at this point. A wolf can easily claim a villager is legit and not have to worry about the real seer from coming out and outing him for a reveal like that
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #530
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe...

?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #531
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
And sorry Chief. Crappy start of the game for me. I understand you think my behavior vs you is wolfish, but I think you're also overstating me going after you. I was also drawn to Bug and Thomkal, which isn't exactly great all things considered, but I was hardly closed off to thinking about other candidates.

That's okay, JAG. You were more suspicious through circumstance, not because of your outward actions. That doesn't mean you're not a wolf, though.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #532
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Bug, why would you not have revealed you had Animal Kinship when you were in danger of being voted off? I don't understand that.

Anyone can reveal a night action, there is no limit per game so everyone can theoretically have night actions so revealing it doesn't have that much advantage to it.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #533
Zinto
College Starter

I understand what you are saying Crimson but for now we should assume that any scan is correct for now.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #534
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
?

Maybe he went for a kill?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #535
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's my belief that every Kai Discipline, when used by a wolf, can be used to kill. It's the only way Abe could ensure the wolves always have a way to kill, regardless of the disciplines they have. Unless he just gave them a "kill power". That's possible, but too simple, Abe don't do simple.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #536
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Abe. So can people use more than one discipline at night? Fir example if I have camaflogue and healing can I heal someone while I am still camaflouged or is it one or the other?

Posted from my iPhone.

You can only use one action. Camouflage, Mindshield - these are not action but protections. You can turn them off and open yourself totally up, that's not a night action either. Also, Mind over Matter is a day action, and does not count against your night action. (And it must be submitted before 10 as well).

Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #537
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would say CF, Chief, and myself are probably in the clear for most, if not all?

Assuming Mauboy is correct (and he did defend Chief once Chief made that reveal) then he and the Jackal are good.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #538
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
?

I do not want to say who, but someone targeted me last night as per my senses. I don't want to say just because of the possibility they're a BG.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #539
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

See that's what I thought. When I still didn't know if Chief was innocent or not. He revealed after I revealed. but didn't say who. I was a little confused by it. Especially when he was a definite candidate. I was probably going to reveal had I gotten up to 5.

And that he said he scanned for hoops then changed to CR. It was all in my head. I didn't think for a minute CR would come back clean the way he was acting. So if CR IS clean, then BUg looked guilty to me. At least the logic was there an hour ago. I've forgotten now.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #540
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Posted from my iPhone.

Camouflage is a toggle. It is default ON. YOu have to turn it off by PM, but doing so does not prevent you from making another action. Already checked on this stuff.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #541
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe don't do simple.

I don;t know whether to be insulted or praised!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #542
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do not want to say who, but someone targeted me last night as per my senses. I don't want to say just because of the possibility they're a BG.

Makes sense.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #543
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think thevillagers are in trouble. There is no way to tell if a scan is legit or not at this point. A wolf can easily claim a villager is legit and not have to worry about the real seer from coming out and outing him for a reveal like that

Quote:
I would say CF, Chief, and myself are probably in the clear for most, if not all?

Assuming Mauboy is correct (and he did defend Chief once Chief made that reveal) then he and the Jackal are good.

Maybe I am miss reading something, but in on breath you are saying you can't trust anyone because you have no way of knowing if a scan is legit, then in another you are saying you and CF should be trusted.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #544
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, does someone have a list of who scanned who and the results? Because I'm having a hard time actually keeping up with these posts and I don't think it is solely because of the couple of glasses of wine I've had in the last two hours.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #545
MrBug708
Head Coach

I picked JAG originally, but near the deadline I picked Chief, then he made his reveal and switched it to Hoops, but I was too late in making the switch and it stayed with Chief.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #546
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm curious about that, if you were attacked and saved by a body guard would you show being targeted by two people? Do you have any disciplines that could have saved you without body guard intervention? If not and you were only targeted by one person I would think that would probably be either a seer or body guard. Though if you were targeted a seer ability it's possible that the wolves seer ability would reveal your disciplines.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #547
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don;t know whether to be insulted or praised!

Praised! You always aim high and assume (mayhaps sometimes foolhardily) that we're bright enough to follow along. And you generally pull it off.

When I aim high with my games, half the time, I screw it up royally.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #548
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe...

I would agree with this. I think there may have been some Weaponkills/healing going on . I am sure in THIS bunch there are a lot of people taking weaponskill. So I'd be really surprised if we didn't have Kai coleslaw in the morning.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #549
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, does someone have a list of who scanned who and the results? Because I'm having a hard time actually keeping up with these posts and I don't think it is solely because of the couple of glasses of wine I've had in the last two hours.

We need to devise a flowchart.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #550
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I'm going to bed. I'm a bit surprised at how many people chose Animal Kinship after all (assuming they're telling the truth).

For hoops:

CF scanned CR - CR is Kai
Bug scanned CR - CR is Kai
Mau scanned Jackal - Jackal is Kai
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote