Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Werewolf VI - Den of Thieves

You are a group of outlaws, who has been living in a forest camp for some months. There are roads near enough to make your thieving profitable, and villages who are glad to sell you food for the gold you can provide. There are usually people moving in and out of the camp all the time, with some being killed or leaving the trade, and new recruits coming in. In the last few days you've become convinced that something...darker has joined your camp.

A few days ago some of the men found an old ruined tower in the woods. Using a crowbar they made their way inside the bottom part, looking for loot, and coming back with several small vials, each made from a different gemstone. The vials are obviously incredibly valuable and there were at least two murders over them before someone hid them away. Since around the time the tower was entered the camp has felt cursed, there have been two deaths, and these are not the knifings you're used to, no these have been sinister deaths, bodies found in their bedrolls drained of fluids, grotesque husks of the men they were. Could it be that something was released from the old tower when the men opened it? The men in the camp are growing restless, and given that all of you are armed and desperate, more bodies are sure to turn up soon.

Roles

Bandits - The villagers of this game, except that each can make one night time kill during the game. You will not be identified as the killer.

Creatures - Evil creatures which have escaped from the ruins of a tower where they have been trapped for many years. Now you seek sustenance and can kill a person each night. Twice during the game you can specify someone to take over instead of making a kill, they become a creature as well and will work with you. You can't do it twice in one night.

Guard - You spend your nights on guard duty for the camp. This gives you a good chance to spot what's going on, and who is killing who at night. You will be notified each night if you have spotted anything.

Doctor - The camp's "doctor" doesn't have any formal medical training but has picked up a lot on how to treat knife wounds in the back. Each night he can protect one person and if they are attacked by bandits he can save their life. Unfortunately the attacks of the Creatures are too deadly for even the doctor to heal, however the doctor's protection will stop the creatures from taking over the person he protects. The doctor can choose to protect himself but can't protect the same person twice in a row.

Ex-Deputy - A few of the Sheriff's deputies have become bandits either through desperation or after committing some crime. They have the chance each night to try to identify the Sheriff's Men that have infiltrated the camp, by choosing to check one person each night.

Sheriff's Man - You have infiltrated the bandit camp to get information on their targets, which you pass to the authorities. Once per game you can use a night action to blackmail one of the bandits to become one of you. However if you choose a creature beware!

Spy - The leaders of the Sheriff's Men, they have magical ability so they can report back to the king. They can use this ability instead to scan for the creatures each night, PM me the name of the person you want to check.

Hostage - An important merchant from the town who is being held for ransom by the bandits. The bandits don't want to kill him since he is valuable to them, so if a bandit attacks him the attack will not go off, and that bandit will be told his identity. However if more than one bandit attacks him on the same night he will be killed in the confusion.

Camp Leader - You are the head honcho of the camp. Most of the time the men listen to you, but this is a position of very high turnover. Once per game, you can change the target of the lynch after the voting, even if the target is yourself. At this point your role is revealed, and worse, the other bandits may decide they don't like your decision and give you a knife in the ribs. Once your power is activated the other bandits must PM the moderator whether or not they want a new boss. If the majority do, the camp leader disappears, and his role is transferred to one of the other bandits! At that point the new bandit would gain the power of Camp Leader.

Rules

Most of the rules are the same as in other games. If there are any questions, ask me.

Timing is the same as before, lynch votes need to be in by 8 pm eastern, and all night actions should be in by midnight eastern. You can PM me your night actions early if you know you won't be available.

Note - there is at least one secret role not on this list that can affect the outcome of the various rules, just keep that in mind!

Game ends if the # of creatures is equal to the # of bandits left. If the bandits have enough night attacks left to kill all the creatures, the bandits win. The bandits also win if they kill all the creatures. The Sheriff's men want to survive, if any of them are alive at the end of the game it's considered a victory for them.

If two bandits use their night attacks against the same person, neither goes off as they spook each other. The power is not used in this case.

Night actions go in the order of kills, then views. I will determine the order of kills by creatures first, then bandits. If there is a conflict, I will determine who goes first in a random order!

Ties for a lynch vote result in no lynching.

Since there can be people changing allegiances in this game, it's important to note that those who are changed into creatures or Sheriff's Men will lose any special abilities they had, however they will retain anything they have learned through special abilities, etc.

Players will be replaced by alternates if they miss two consecutive votes or are not posting to a level satisfactory to me. Please let me know if you won't be able to post especially if you are a creature, doctor, spy, etc.

NO private messaging between players unless it is specified in your role information.

Notes

Since most of you will have the ability to kill someone once at night, I expect high death rates in this game! Some may save their ability of course, but if you're dead it won't help you.

I will be doing my best to prevent any PMs from me from being used in game via syntax, etc. Hopefully this won't be as much of a problem as it was the last game.

Note that the bandits hate the Sheriff's Men but the creatures come first! However if both groups are wiped out the bandits will be happy.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-13-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Player List

TazFTW
Suicane75
Neon_Chaos
Jeff061
Fouts
Raiders Army
Thomkal
Kwhit
Airhog
KevinNU7
Coffee Warlord
heybrad
henry296
BrianD
JeeberD
Vexroid
Eaglesfan27
SirFozzie
Qwikshot
Schmidty
Masked
digamma
Mr. Wednesday
Swaggs
Mrsimperless
Vince
Kingfc22
Old 07-13-2005, 01:39 AM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

This is Night 0. The only people who need to submit actions tonight are the Ex-Deputies and the Spies. There won't be any killings tonight, fortunately. Please have your actions in ASAP, and the day can begin.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:44 AM   #4
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:46 AM   #5
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm a doctor....oh wait, that strategy didn't work last game

Last edited by kingfc22 : 07-13-2005 at 01:46 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:57 AM   #6
Fouts
College Starter

Is that you Friar Tuck?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:14 AM   #7
Vince
Pro Starter

Prince John: Such an unusual name, "Latrine." How did your family come by it?
Latrine: We changed it in the 9th century.
Prince John: You mean you changed it TO "Latrine"?
Latrine: Yeah. Used to be "Shithouse."
Prince John: It's a good change. That's a good change!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:40 AM   #8
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Blow. No, I meant... BLOW!
Old 07-13-2005, 06:44 AM   #9
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Just so everyone knows, I'm heading out of town in a few minutes, and probably won't be back for about 8 hours. I'm not trying to be quiet, I just don't have a choice.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:46 AM   #10
Schmidty
Coordinator

This thing is shaping up to be a bloodbath. Should be fun!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 06:49 AM   #11
Airhog
Captain Obvious

wow, this one should play fast, especially with all of the bandits slaying people

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:00 AM   #12
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
wow, this one should play fast, especially with all of the bandits slaying people

Yeah that's what you get when you have a bunch of bloodthirsty outlaws instead of the usual placid villagers. A lynching is actually kind of boring day for these guys!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #13
KevinNU7
College Starter

Question: What motivation would a bandit have of becoming a sherriff's man? Or is the "blackmail" not a suggestion but really a forced change?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:30 AM   #14
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hmmm I already feel Excedrin Headache #372 coming on after reading the rules.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #15
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The blackmail is not a suggestion, it's a forced change. It's basically, "We have proof of crime X on you, join us in taking down your bandits or you get to meet the hangman."
Old 07-13-2005, 07:35 AM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Hmmm I already feel Excedrin Headache #372 coming on after reading the rules.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:12 AM   #17
KWhit
Coordinator

Will a person's role be revealed upon their death?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:14 AM   #18
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Will a person's role be revealed upon their death?

Yes.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:16 AM   #19
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thank God
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:18 AM   #20
KWhit
Coordinator

Hehe.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Lordy. Lordy. Lordy.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #22
henry296
College Starter

Let's all take a nice deep breath before we get on with the killing.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

*takes a deep breath*

Ok, time for some killing
Old 07-13-2005, 08:27 AM   #24
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'm interested to see what everyone does with their one killing per game. I'd imagine most would want to wait until they have a solid creature target, but some will foolishly use them right away.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
I'm interested to see what everyone does with their one killing per game. I'd imagine most would want to wait until they have a solid creature target, but some will foolishly use them right away.

I agree. It would be wise to wait and save it until one has some evidence to point towards a solid evil creature target.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #26
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I agree. It would be wise to wait and save it until one has some evidence to point towards a solid evil creature target.

That's evidence right there. He's obviously evil. Kill him.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sheesh, if that is what you call evidence, perhaps you are the evil one
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #28
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Evidence? That's cop speak there, bucko. Knife him!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #29
KevinNU7
College Starter

*sharpens shiv*
Old 07-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #30
KWhit
Coordinator

Hehe.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:45 AM   #31
KWhit
Coordinator

Evil as in a creature, dummies.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #32
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Okay Night 0 is over, we're officially into Day 1 here. Lynch votes are due in by 8 pm Eastern. Doesn't everyone love that first day where someone is almost guaranteed to get screwed over?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:57 AM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Okay Night 0 is over, we're officially into Day 1 here. Lynch votes are due in by 8 pm Eastern. Doesn't everyone love that first day where someone is almost guaranteed to get screwed over?

People often get screwed over on the 2nd day too.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #34
KWhit
Coordinator

And 3rd. And 4th. And...
Old 07-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #35
KevinNU7
College Starter

Man this game really has me in the dark. I think there is very few creatures in the game, maybe one or two. But by tomorrow their numbers will probably double and then double again the next night. It is crucial that we get some of them ASAP.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #36
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm not sure about that. When I read it, I took it to mean that 2x per game the creatures as a whole could take over someone. So if there are two of them right now, the most there would ever be would be 4.

At least I hope that's what it means.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #37
KevinNU7
College Starter

Good point! Guess I read that totally wrong
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #38
KWhit
Coordinator

I could be totally wrong, but I assumed that they acted like the wolves do - they kill (or in this case convert) as a group.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #39
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Speaking as an observer, I find it a little illogical that the bandits wouldn't be able to recognize the hostage they purportedly have taken, considering they had to go to the effort of getting him in the first place.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #40
KevinNU7
College Starter

You could make the same claim about the Camp Leader
Old 07-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #41
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I could be totally wrong, but I assumed that they acted like the wolves do - they kill (or in this case convert) as a group.

If this is indeed the case, then I'd venture to guess there are prolly around 4-5 creatures, given the number of players in this one.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #42
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
If this is indeed the case, then I'd venture to guess there are prolly around 4-5 creatures, given the number of players in this one.

Could be. I keep forgetting how many players we have this time around.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #43
JeeberD
General Manager

Awesome, this should be tons of fun...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #44
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Speaking as an observer, I find it a little illogical that the bandits wouldn't be able to recognize the hostage they purportedly have taken, considering they had to go to the effort of getting him in the first place.

This is one of those logical leaps you have to make in any game of werewolf. Of course bandits would know who their leader and hostage were, villagers would know their doctor and priest, etc. But to make the game work you have to ignore that.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #45
Masked
College Starter

I think I will re-read the rules after I have some coffee.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #46
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yes, the creatures work as a team, like werewolves, and they can choose someone to convert as a group, twice per game.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #47
digamma
Torchbearer

Just checking in.

Carry on.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #48
mrsimperless
College Prospect

If we wait until a creature is identified or suspicious then the odds are that multiple bandits are going to try to kinfe him during the night and he won't be killed at all! That is if I'm understanding the rules correctly. We may be forced to coordinate our night killings a bit.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #49
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Dola. I also didn't see a role similar to Seer from previous games. It could end up being difficult for us to figure out who these creatures are...
Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #50
JeeberD
General Manager

The spy can, mrsimperless. But he works for the Sherrif, so the Bandits are on their own, it looks like...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote