Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #101
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I'm back from class. If I were a wolf, I wouldn't be stupid enough to openly defend another wolf.

I have a list of suspicious characters that I'm tracking.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:47 AM   #102
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes, I lost power last night. We had some wicked storms come through. Gimme a sec...
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:06 AM   #103
KWhit
Coordinator

The votes are cast, and one of your fates is sealed. You've selected Blackadar. You surround him, lift him up, and as you are sliding the noose around his neck, he begins to change. His hair begins to grow, and as he struggles, you watch him turn into a werewolf before your eyes!

Soon it is over. He is dead, and you all congratulate each other on a job well done.

Here's the vote tally (I let the late votes count).

Blackadar: 6 (mrsimperless, Raiders Army, GWB, JeeberD, Schmidty, Token Asian Guy)
Buzzbee: 2 (Thomkal, Raven)
Schmidty: 4 (heybrad, Fouts, kingfc22, Blackadar)
JeeberD: 1 (Neon_Chaos)
Raiders Army: 1 (henry296)

I have some of your night actions already. Please send me the others ASAP. I'll have a night turn as soon as I get everyone's PM.

I'm also replacing Buzzbee with Digamma.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 AM   #104
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. So we know Blacky was a werewolf. Here's the list of guys I'm pretty sure aren't werewolves:

Me
Digamma (Buzzbee said he wasn't a werewolf)
Schmidty (Blacky voted for him)

Here's my list of guys I'm reasonably sure aren't werewolves because they voted with me or against me:

mrsimperless
GWB
Jeebs
TAG
henry296

Here is who I suspect since they voted with Blacky:

Fouts
heybrad

I didn't include kingfc22 because I think he just changed his vote.

I have no idea about Neon_Chaos, Thomkal, or Raven.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #105
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Wow a first night strike. Nice job errr..... luck .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #106
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Okay. So we know Blacky was a werewolf. Here's the list of guys I'm pretty sure aren't werewolves:

Me
Digamma (Buzzbee said he wasn't a werewolf)
Schmidty (Blacky voted for him)

Not exactly correct. I said the reason for my silence wasn't because I was a werewolf laying low. I could have been a werewolf or a villager. I would hate to give away such information when I'm not involved in the game.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:58 AM   #107
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Not exactly correct. I said the reason for my silence wasn't because I was a werewolf laying low. I could have been a werewolf or a villager. I would hate to give away such information when I'm not involved in the game.

Sorry for the mix-up Buzz. Peregrine gave me your name as somebody who wanted to play.

And I'd also like to echo what Buzz said above. Don't assume you know his identity based upon his earlier post. Digamma could be anything.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #108
JeeberD
General Manager

Awesome work, guys!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #109
Blackadar
Retired

I was right - this is my first and last time playing this. I am incredulous that the rules are flatly ignored in an effort to bump me out over someone who couldn't even bother to show up until well after the deadline. At this point, I'll refrain from revealing what I know and spoiling the game for the rest of the players.

I would have enjoyed the opportunity to have a fair shot, but I suppose that some aren't mature enough to allow that.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #110
henry296
College Starter

Bad assumption to assume that the early bandwagoner - Raiders Army was a wolf. My apologies. Great job on getting Blackie the Wolf.

After we see what happens tonight, I'll rexamine the issue and give my thoughts.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 AM   #111
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

This is a game with newer players. I think the whole "personal" thing goes away after the novelty of voting on people wears off.

But hey, sounds like sour grapes to me .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #112
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:

Fouts
heybrad

Lets remember that our first vote was a blind guess. Voting for Schmidty was pretty logical since he hadnt said anything. Blacky actually piggy backed on me after I voted.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #113
digamma
Torchbearer

Whew. Finally made it in through all that fog(g).
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #114
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Nice. One werewolf down... how many more to go?

No hard feelings, JeeberD, I had to vote for someone... and jumping on the bandwagon is not my cup of tea.

Hmmm.

heybrad, Fouts, kingfc22, Blackadar all voted for Schmidty.

I would say that Fouts and heybrad are probably werewolves, but that's just going with my gut. That's my analysis for now.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #115
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad
Lets remember that our first vote was a blind guess. Voting for Schmidty was pretty logical since he hadnt said anything. Blacky actually piggy backed on me after I voted.
Or it could be that you two are talking via PM and decided to go with Schmidty. I'm watching you bud...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #116
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Bad assumption to assume that the early bandwagoner - Raiders Army was a wolf. My apologies. Great job on getting Blackie the Wolf.

No problem. If you do turn out to be a bad guy, I'll know the knife came from behind.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #117
heybrad
Norm!!!

I have a number of conference call today so I will be in and out a lot. You can be sure though, that I'll be noting those who are pointing fingers and those who are piggybacking.

Last edited by heybrad : 07-07-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #118
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Did we not have a night turn?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:58 AM   #119
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
I am incredulous that the rules are flatly ignored in an effort to bump me out over someone who couldn't even bother to show up until well after the deadline.

So what rules were ignored? I don't see anywhere in the rules where it says to vote for someone who hasn't shown up yet...

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-07-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #120
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Did we not have a night turn?

I think we're waiting on the night turn.

Hopefully it will come soon, so we can focus on the game and not accusations of rule breaking and fair (or foul) play.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #121
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
So what rules were ignored? I don't see anywhere in the rules where it says to vote for someone who hasn't shown up yet...

As a matter of fact, in previous games, usually the more vocal guys got lynched early. Even in the small game, look what happened to SirFozzie. You are probably better off not playing if you take a game like this personally since arguments get heated at times.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #122
KWhit
Coordinator

Night 1:

After a restless night of fearing a visit from the wolves, you all come downstairs to the common area of the Inn. You all look around, do a quick count, and realize that you're all still alive. There was no kill last night.

Voting deadline is still 8pm tonight. I'll let votes count if they are made by the time I post my writeup, but there are no guarantees.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #123
Token Asian Guy
n00b

no kill last night, good work bodyguard!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #124
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow, it's very early but we're kicking butt so far!

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-07-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #125
henry296
College Starter

There are 2 other options:

1. They got the cursed and we are back to square 1.
2. Blackie was the King Wolf and the random dice roll selected nobody.

Todd
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #126
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well, this is an easy one for me.

VOTE Fouts
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #127
JeeberD
General Manager

I think if he was the King his attack would have happened at the time of the lynching.

Good point about the cursed, though...

Old 07-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #128
Token Asian Guy
n00b

oh man, way to ruin my happiness henry. mrsimp, i tend to agree with you, and I think we can use RaidersArmy's post as a reference as to who to suspect, and so Schmidty is out of the picture. Djgamma cpould be a wildcard since Buzzbee wasn't playing and so he didn't have the opportunity to ost. I'll guess I'll sit back and wait for things to develop before casting mine.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #129
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Well, this is an easy one for me.

VOTE Fouts

While I'm not entirely sure he's a wolf I think he's at least working for their side.

Vote Fouts

Old 07-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #130
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm going with Fouts or heybrad for this one. It will depend on how each of them explains why they voted for Schmidty. If neither of them tries to explain why, I'll just flip a coin and vote for one of them.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #131
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

Fouts
heybrad

I agree that our focus should be on these five.

I wonder if we need to look a bit deeper than simply whether they voted with Blacky. On the one hand, the first vote was a pretty tight race, so if they voted as a pack, they may have been able to affect the outcome and kill a villager. On the other hand, it seems a pretty dead give away if one ends up getting lynched.

Given the closeness of the vote, option one might have more viability here.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #132
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
I'm going with Fouts or heybrad for this one. It will depend on how each of them explains why they voted for Schmidty. If neither of them tries to explain why, I'll just flip a coin and vote for one of them.
Go back and read my posts. I was pretty clear on stating that my vote would go to a player that had not spoken up. I really had nothing else to go on.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #133
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:

I didn't vote for Fouts because he voted for Schmidty, I voted for Fouts for the same reason I kept my original vote for Blackadar. Because Fouts defended Blackie for no apparent reason on Day 1.

I don't think voting for Schmidty yesterday is a very suspicious activity at this point. It was the best alternative to Blackadar out there at the time. In fact, I don't think the wolves would all vote for the same innocent. It would be way too easy to take them all out if they did.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #134
Schmidty
Coordinator

After reading the thread again, I am pretty sure that Fouts is a wolf.

Vote - Fouts
Old 07-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #135
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wow, if it was the bodyguard protecting someone last night, we got incredibly lucky not once (by getting a werewolf when the odds were against us) but twice since the wolves could have gone after anybody. They would have to be incredibly lucky to get the cursed out of all us villagers, but then we did it to them. I have a few puzzling/suspicious activities I'd like cleared up.

1. Suicane has not posted a single time since the game began. Is it likely he doesn't know he's in this game like Buzzbee? If so we need a replacement fast.

2. For those who think they should be safe based on voting (or not voting) for Blackadar last night, if KWhit had not accepted the last two votes on Blackie, which were after the stated deadline, there would have been a dual with a random result because there would have been a tie at that point. I am highly suspicious of both Token Asian Guy and Schmidty for that after the deadline votes, especially when I saw Schmidty online here a few minutes before the real lynching deadline, and he didn't post till an hour after with no OOV explanation of where he had been all day. TAG gets caught changing votes after the deadline when his vote meant absoultely nothing in the final tally.

3. I also have to suspect Jeeber for his vote change that brought out the tie. The wolves were better with a 50-50 chance of losing their own, than an outright loss of their own if there had not been a tie. Please someone else check how the voting went and correct me on this if I am wrong as I don't want to accuse a fellow villager.

4. There was also an edited message from Blackadar, the one that now says "Thanks Guys!" In the original version he presumes that both Jeeber and Mr S are wolves. Now why would he edit that out? Just who (if any) was he trying to protect here since we know now he was a wolf? In fact he has now edited many of his posts with a sad smilie face. Blackadar you are out of this game, you are not supposed to be commenting or helping your fellow wolves in any way. In fact no one should be editing their posts. If you have a correction to make, make it in a separate post.

5. Kingfc22's actions last night are also very suspicious to me. He voted for Blackadar first stating that he was jumping on the bandwagon for lack of a better reason. Later in the afternoon he changed his voted to Schmidty, with no explanation given (at least when he made his vote). Then 8 minutes after the official deadline he posted this:

"Nah, Blacky is good. I say vote Schimidty."

To me, that screams either Wolf or Sorceror. Why would you say this King?

6. Welcome digamma

While I can see why people think Fouts is suspicious, I think there are two or three more who are even more suspicious.

VOTE KINGFC22
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #136
Thomkal
Head Coach

OOV should be OOC in the above Point #2
Old 07-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #137
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't vote for Fouts because he voted for Schmidty, I voted for Fouts for the same reason I kept my original vote for Blackadar. Because Fouts defended Blackie for no apparent reason on Day 1.

I don't think voting for Schmidty yesterday is a very suspicious activity at this point. It was the best alternative to Blackadar out there at the time. In fact, I don't think the wolves would all vote for the same innocent. It would be way too easy to take them all out if they did.
Good points mrsimperless and Thomkal. I look at this as a game of minesweeper. You know how you start up the game and the first click is either lucky or unlucky? We got lucky on the first click. With that, it's revealed a few clues. I'm at work right now, but I'll read through the whole thread again tonight before I vote. I believe I did vote too early last night, and I don't want to change my vote once submitted.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #138
Raven
College Prospect

Wow. Great start.

No kill in night 1...I guess that means the bodyguard or the cursed were hit? Are there any other possibilities here? I'm going to go back and check the rules on this, and follow up.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #139
JeeberD
General Manager

Regarding Suicane, he hasn't visited the board since Monday. I'm hoping that he's OK and that he didn't get hit by a drunk driver or anything...

Second, when I changed my vote to Blacky it was currently four for Schmidty and three for Blacky. So that made it 4-3 for Blacky. Like I said, George and simperless made some valid points which made me rethink who I was voting for.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #140
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
I was right - this is my first and last time playing this. I am incredulous that the rules are flatly ignored in an effort to bump me out over someone who couldn't even bother to show up until well after the deadline. At this point, I'll refrain from revealing what I know and spoiling the game for the rest of the players.

I would have enjoyed the opportunity to have a fair shot, but I suppose that some aren't mature enough to allow that.

If you are being serious, that is pretty weak. I'd assumed you were saying that stuff as a self-preservation strategy.

When you joined up, you should have realized that people were going to try to do whatever they could to save their own asses, that someone had to die first, and, in order to have a good/long game, almost everyone has to go.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #141
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Regarding Suicane, he hasn't visited the board since Monday. I'm hoping that he's OK and that he didn't get hit by a drunk driver or anything.

I haven't heard from him, so I'm looking to replace him. I have a couple of PMs out, but if any of you lurkers want to grab his spot, send me a PM. First come, first serve.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #142
Raven
College Prospect

OK, looks like those two are probably the only options.

Now, before I voted, Blackie had 2 votes, Buzzbee had 2 votes Schmidty had 4, Jeeber and RaidersArmy had 1 vote (see post #66). At that point, the only 3 who hadn't voted were me, GWB and Blackadar. Schmidty, Buzzbee and Suicane still hadn't shown up yet, and I figured they might not show at all.

If I voted Schmidty, he was most likely the one to get lynched. He would have 5, Blackie most likely would have jumped on Schmidty (6 votes now) to save his own butt. It wouldn't have mattered where GWB voted, because Schmidty would have gone home unless someone change their vote.

I decided to vote Buzzbee. Giving Blackie 2, Buzz 3 and Schmidty 4. I wanted to make things close to even, hoping GWB and/or Blackie would come in and cast their votes tieing things up for someone. At that point, I was hoping someone would be compelled to change their vote.....giving us some kind of inclination of who they wanted to save.

I think this strategy was very close to working. GWB came in and cast the next vote for Blackie, making it Blackie 3, Buzz 3, Schmidty 4. Except Schmidty pops in unexpectedly and votes Blackadar, screwing everything up.

With the voting being that close, Blackie voting Schmidty, and GWB voting Blackie, I think that puts both Schmidty and GWB safe for now.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #143
Raven
College Prospect

Let me clarify something in my last post

"Except Schmidty pops in unexpectedly and votes Blackadar, screwing everything up."

Don't take that the wrong way. I meant Schmidty dropping in unexpectedly breaks all tie possibilities, not allowing us to force someone to change a vote.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:22 PM   #144
Fouts
College Starter

Well I'll admit I look suspicious, but I was voting with what information that was out there. I assure you, I am not a werewolf. I'll look through the posts and try and figure out who was leading us astray.

We will be making a mistake if I am lynched. Somebody knows something here, lets look at the clues.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #145
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Fouts, if you don't turn into a wolf tonight when we hang you by your hairy neck I'll be completely stunned. Althought I guess it is possible that you're an innocent townsperson and you defended a wolf by accident yesterday.

*snicker*

Ok, I lied. Its not possible. Die wolfie!!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #146
Fouts
College Starter

Well, it was by accident, because I thought the reason for lynching Blackadar was pretty flimsy. Let me tell you, if I were the wolf I wouldn't openly protect someone I know that is a wolf. There are people who are more suspicious than I.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #147
KWhit
Coordinator

Suicane is being replaced by ntndeacon.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #148
Fouts
College Starter

From Raiders Army today

Quote:

Fouts
heybrad

and this that I posted yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I see no logical reason to vote for Blackadar, but Raiders Army and kingfc22 voted for him quickly after mrsimperless put his name out there.

Do you see the connection? Raiders and King appear to be in it together. Very suspicious.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #149
Suicane75
Coordinator

I apologize guys, Comcast crapped out on Monday night and they just got finished rewiring my entire house. I'm sorry if my absence screwed anything up.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #150
Thomkal
Head Coach

Welcome NTNdeacon