Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #851
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry I haven't been around this afternoon, busy cleaning the office.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #852
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Sorry I haven't been around this afternoon, busy cleaning the office.

WAS IT YOU WITH THE VINEGAR?!?!?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #853
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually I was wondering that. If an Enemy has been retained by their King can they then be voted again?

I addressed this with the Kings in PM, but just to follow up, so everyone knows, Enemies are Enemies until they're not. And when they're Enemies, they don't get votes.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #854
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Jesus, someone decided to clean the coffee pot at work, and didn't dilute the vinegar. Fucking level 3 hazmat situation right now.

Had you voted for Ser Loras I'm quite sure there would not have been a vinegar issue. Just saying.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #855
hoopsguy
General Manager

Or one of the folks that isn't an enemy - can't keep track of all of them.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #856
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Remember. There's only one enemy, and his name is Chief.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #857
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINAL VOTE TALLY DAY 3

Tywin Lannister (hoopsguy): Stannis (Autumn), Karstark (MrBug), Renly (path), Cortnay (Darth), Brienne (font), Loras (murrayyyyy), Robb Stark (CW), Roose Bolton (JAG), Theon (Lathum), Davos (InBlue)-- 13 votes

Brienne of Tarth (fontisian): Cersei (Narcizo), Jaime (bhlloy)-- 1 1/2 votes

NO LYNCH-- Littlefinger (saldana), Varys (DT), Tyrion (Danny)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #858
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Unlike yesterday, there appears to be little debate today. Nearly to a man, every noble in the realm determined that Tywin Lannister deserved their ire. Perhaps it was his ill-fated decision to point out to Pycelle that Littlefinger's vote had been missed that fateful day, throwing the kingdom into chaos with an unheard of tie? Or maybe it's just because he's rich and powerful and everyone is jealous?

Whatever the reason, the mob has spoken. The King on the Iron Throne, Tywin's own grandson, chooses not to speak before the announcement is made. The Imp chooses not to speak for him either. Only Cersei and Jaime speak up for their father.

So now the moment of truth has arrived. For Tywin Lannister, THE LANNISTER, and head of the most powerful family in Westeros and Hand to the King, has been declared an Enemy of the Realm!

Now is the fun part... who's going to tell him and his thousands of men?

King Joffrey is on the clock with his decision. And will Tywin flee?

DAY FOUR HAS BEGUN. TENTATIVE DEADLINE 10 P.M. EST (7 P.M. PDT) TUESDAY!

I may need to adjust that time, if my second job makes me work Tuesday for some reason (they usually don't). Or it will just run late.

PMs will go out in the next few hours. Soft deadline for Tywin/Joffrey decisions 1 p.m. EST/10 a.m. PDT on Tuesday.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, folks.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #859
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Dragonstone banner has left Winterfell and King Robb Stark, and is currently making its way down through the Twins back to Dragonstone. The parlay between the Wolf and Stannis has apparently ended.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #860
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hand of the king, Cersei?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #861
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

All, I have to send my computer back to dell..... And i dropped a bottle of wine on my work computer (fuck me) so........ I'm fucked, and computer less for a number of days now. I have the iPad.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #862
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
All, I have to send my computer back to dell..... And i dropped a bottle of wine on my work computer (fuck me) so........ I'm fucked, and computer less for a number of days now. I have the iPad.

[OOC] damn that's an impressive run of bad luck clusterfuck [/OOC]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #863
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Hand of the king, Cersei?

Thank you my lord. I would not be wholly adverse to marrying Robb although he would have to have the mutt put down. I would prefer he wooed me himself mind.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #864
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Dear father

I would ask you to carefully consider, or should I say, reconsider your position. Today will mark the end of the uneasy alliance between the Baratheons and Stark. Two of them will turn on one of the others. But which? Consider what the last few days have taught us. The weak are envious of the strong and will combine to pull them down. Should you side with Lord Renly then it is sure that Winterfell and Dragonstone will combine to attack Storm's End. The Kings realise this as well, accepting you into their house would be as good as attacking the other two houses. Casterly Rock is rich in men and resources but not sufficiently rich to equal the might of one of the houses. As Stannis realised but it would seem Renly does not is that in this game of thrones it does not pay to be the strongest until there are but two opponents. Thus, there is a risk that you will be hunted down and killed if you leave your grandson's court, in much the same way Clegane was. Should you survive a day you will have to side with the house alone once it is decided who will form the alliance, as a poisoned chalice you will bring bad luck on whichever house accepts you.

Further the alliance is over and the house that finds itself standing alone will have to find an ally. That ally will be the Lannister house. If you remain at Joffrey's court then that alliance will have strength, possibly enough to counter the opposing alliance.

It is not an enviable decision you face but remember who has forced this decision on you. And remember that we always pay our debts.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #865
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I wouldn't worry too much about the so-called mutt. He obeys, even when his nature demands otherwise.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #866
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is curious that you think I would stand with Renly, when he has so recently refused us. As you noted, we Lannisters pay our debts.

All options are heavily weighted with both risk and reward at this time. Both Joffrey and I, together and separately in the coming hours, have much to consider.

The phrase "poisoned chalice" is a very interesting one indeed ...
Old 05-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #867
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bah, I sound too much like Varys in that last communication. No one wants that.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #868
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

A man would be amused.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #869
path12
Coordinator

Cersei certainly believes she has a talent for knowing what is going on considering it appears she has had little direct communication. I put as much stock into her machinations as I do the Little Bird Report, quite little.

Ah well. I guess the Westeros News Channel does have 24 hours to fill.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #870
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Cersei certainly believes she has a talent for knowing what is going on considering it appears she has had little direct communication. I put as much stock into her machinations as I do the Little Bird Report, quite little

I do not require much direct communication to ascertain things my lord. And I place just as much stock in your protestations as you do in my "machinations".
Old 05-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #871
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I believe it may be in its place to mention that, while the votes of the members of the small council are insignificant at the moment, as the tides of war sweep the lands and nobles die, they will prove of increased importance. If Jaime is killed in any other way than in honest battle then I will make it my purpose to avenge his death in any and every way at my disposal.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #872
MrBug708
Head Coach

And if it is by a faceless man?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #873
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I have a hard time believing anyone would spend the required amount to kill Jaime when there are kings that could be removed. Except, perhaps, yourself. And I doubt you have the coin.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #874
MrBug708
Head Coach

I am not the only person who wishes Jaime dead but I think most would pick you over him
Old 05-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #875
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I am aware that there are those who would prefer me out of the way. I would find myself flattered should someone be prepared to spend the necessary coin to silence me. Although the pride would be tempered by the knowledge that it was the act of a fool.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #876
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I demand that something happens before the morrow. I am so bored I have taken to taunting my brother. Easy and comfortable, like a well-worn glove. But unsatisfying and quickly tiresome.

The craven alliance have not the balls to attack the Lannister lion despite kicking it for the last three days. The Maker knows my husband had his faults but were he cut from the same cloth as his brothers and the wolf cub we would still be labouring under the yoke of the Tyrant to this day.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #877
Danny
Head Coach

Cercei is lonely as no one is willing to take up her bed anymore.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #878
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

At 61 I could consider bedding Cersei.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #879
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I suggest a grand alliance. All 4 Kings march on the fortress of Chieftan Rum.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #880
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh good, I just realized deadline was on Tuesday. I was thinking it was tonight and was worried htat nobody was around. Now i can go back to not doing anything! (except for bathing and feeding and getting ready for bed two kids.)
Old 05-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #881
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post

One of the perks of getting removed from the Kingsguard.

Meanwhile, I realized earlier today that Game met real life as I channeled my inner Bolton when removing a splinter from my 3 year old's finger.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #882
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Meanwhile, I realized earlier today that Game met real life as I channeled my inner Bolton when removing a splinter from my 3 year old's finger.

(Sounds painful for the chiddy. Not sure I would want Bolton removing a splinter from my finger - he'd take off all the skin "Ah, I just have to clear away this skin to get a grip. And this bit is in the way" etc etc)
Old 05-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #883
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Cercei is lonely as no one is willing to take up her bed anymore.

While you provide yourself with a constant stream of harlots to forget your, ahem, short-comings.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #884
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post

One would imagine that at 61 considering is all you would be able to achieve. Just don't "consider" too hard or your poor heart might give up.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #885
Danny
Head Coach

I assure you, I achieve great distance on my comings
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #886
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The phrase "poisoned chalice" is a very interesting one indeed ...

Surely you cannot be this foolish father. Why do you delay your decision?

Are you safe in Joffrey's court? No, not entirely but it seems the safest for you. If you leave then I fear for Jaime's life. I suspect you may also thwart the little runt's plans, a cause I think we can both agree is worthwhile.

Do you have a contact outside of Joffrey's court? Perhaps I have been misinformed, perhaps you do not. But you certainly have had contact with others and believe that they will listen to you. But there is a world of difference between a willingness to listen and doing what you want. At least at the moment you have the ear of your liege.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #887
hoopsguy
General Manager

The concern over Joffrey's court is that it seems to be doomed with or without my presence. So that weighs on the decision process to some extent.

The notion of having influence beyond that court is a separate matter entirely. I would suggest the isolation that you have felt over the past week has been shared by nearly all of House Lannister the past several days. It appears that all ravens for the other houses are otherwise engaged with non-Lannister matters. Obviously this also factors into a decision.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #888
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] i'm around, but I've got some work-meetings this morning and a conference call at 2pm...i may be like...less available than is typical for me this morning. [/ooc]
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #889
Autumn
Head Coach

Given what the kings have learned of the result of the damage to their honor, I think it very unlikely that Joffrey is willing to keep Tywin a member of his court. To do so would be to assure his defeat. At least without Twyin there would be a chance of him building his court back up.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #890
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Interesting...very interesting.

-Lord Varys
Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #891
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

What do the kings know about the damage to their honour? Perhaps this is information that my father should have. And possibly my son as well. If Joffrey cannot afford to keep my father at court then why haven't we moved on already? There is no way a bannerman can be executed by their liege unless they are stupid or, no, just stupid.

I find it very doubtful that Joffrey will be able to build his court back up. Who would choose to bend the knee to him if my father does not remain in his court?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #892
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And the wait to see what Tywin does continues.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #893
Autumn
Head Coach

I wouldn't call it stupid, Cersei. If Tywin is executed, Joffrey at least retains the lands he held. If he holds on to Tywin, despite the desire of the realm to have him executed, then the people may well refuse to serve your son. It would be a slower death, I suppose.

Tywin has the choice to leave his justice up to his grandson, and hope the boy is sentimental, in which case the two will slowly fade out of the game of thrones. Or Tywin can choose to bend his knee to another and play kingmaker. I wonder how sentimental a man Lord Tywin is.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #894
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wouldn't call it stupid, Cersei. If Tywin is executed, Joffrey at least retains the lands he held. If he holds on to Tywin, despite the desire of the realm to have him executed, then the people may well refuse to serve your son. It would be a slower death, I suppose.

Tywin has the choice to leave his justice up to his grandson, and hope the boy is sentimental, in which case the two will slowly fade out of the game of thrones. Or Tywin can choose to bend his knee to another and play kingmaker. I wonder how sentimental a man Lord Tywin is.

Lord Tywin would be a powerful piece indeed, however any who accepted him into their service would have to contend with the likelihood that they would immediately become the target of a united effort against them. For this reason I believe that the likeliest course of action is that Lord Tywin will remain right where he is - regardless of the hit that it causes Lord Joffrey. We are, after all, only in the early stages of the game of thrones.

-Lord Varys
Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #895
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

A bannerman would be a fool to leave themselves in the position where their liege would be able to execute them. My father is no fool. As Varys hypothesizes Tywin would more likely act as an albatross round the neck rather than a kingmaker at this stage. I would imagine he will be left to his own devices until it is clear which way the alliance splits.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #896
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
A bannerman would be a fool to leave themselves in the position where their liege would be able to execute them. My father is no fool. As Varys hypothesizes Tywin would more likely act as an albatross round the neck rather than a kingmaker at this stage. I would imagine he will be left to his own devices until it is clear which way the alliance splits.

Left to his own devices, or captured and executed. I do not know at this juncture which is more likely. There is much talk afoot of what will be done with Lord Tywin if he flees, with other claimants vying to offer him safe heaven. I fear however, that not all of these offers are trustworthy, and that once fled & received, Lord Tywin may be executed rather than accepted into the service of another.

-Lord Varys
Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #897
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would say that most that flee would probably not want to head to Stannis. Especially a Lannister bannerman.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #898
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I would say that most that flee would probably not want to head to Stannis. Especially a Lannister bannerman.

Nor, for that matter, would Lord Renly be an attractive option, given what happened to the last Lannister to flee there. Which leaves only Lord Stark as a refuge, and the Houses Stark and Lannister can hardly be said to be on friendly terms at the present time.

-Lord Varys
Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #899
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There's only one Lannister who I'm at conflict with, and he's sitting on the throne in King's Landing right now.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #900
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Except executing my father would aid my son greatly. I doubt any king will execute my father as Casterly Rock will immediately be inherited by Joffrey.