Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Butter
Coordinator

Bowl Pick 'Em Game - 2014 bowl season

In this game, you will predict the score of EVERY bowl game.

Scoring
This game is like golf -- the lower the score, the better. You get one point for each point of difference between your predicted score for a team, and their actual score. You get 10 extra points if you pick the wrong winner. If you guess one team's score exactly right, you get a -3 point bonus. If you guess the exact correct result, you get a -10 point bonus.

New Year's Six Multiplier
To keep things a bit more exciting going down to the wire, I am going to insert a "New Year's Six" multiplier for the purposes of this game.

Whatever points you get in the New Year's Six games (Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Peach, Cotton) will be doubled.

For example, if I were to predict the Peach bowl as such:

TCU 28
Ole Miss 23

But the final was

Ole Miss 31
TCU 24

I would get 8 points for Ole Miss (31-23), 4 points for TCU (28-24), AND a 10 point penalty for picking the wrong winner for 22 total points... which is then multiplied by 2 for a 44 point total.

Housekeeping
If you leave a bowl game off of your entry, it will count as 30 points straight up on a base bowl game, with New Year's Six multipliers in addition. I will be entering entries into the spreadsheet soon after they are posted usually. If you make an edit to your predictions, PLEASE make another post in the thread stating that your predictions have been edited and which games. If you do not do this, your original prediction may be used. Also, any edits that appear to be cheats may invalidate your entry. All final judgments will be up to me.

Deadline
Post your predictions in this thread for all games. New predictions will close upon kickoff of the first bowl game. Edits can be made up until kickoff of each individual game, so as to take injury reports, suspensions and coaching moves into account, EXCEPT for New Year's Six bowls. All predictions are final as of December 31, 2014 at NOON Eastern time so as to prevent gamesmanship. Any edits past that time will be invalid.

National Title Game scoring
For the National Title game, scores will be tripled. Also, you will add 10 points to your score for each incorrect team you have guessed to make the title game. Other than that, scores will count for whichever side of the bracket your selected teams are on... as you are prohibited from editing any games on Dec. 31 and after to prevent crazy editing for scores.

For example, if you pick Oregon and Alabama in the final, and it's actually Florida State-Ohio State, your FSU score counts for Oregon and your 'Bama score counts for OSU. But you will start with 20 points off the bat (tripled to 60) for picking the wrong teams to make the final.

Bowl Games
I ran this once in 2007, and RomaGoth won it with a massive comeback on a nearly spot-on guess of LSU-Ohio State.

I will try to update standings fairly regularly throughout the bowl season. Good luck!

Code:
DATE GAME MATCHUP Jan. 12 Championship Game Semifinal winners Jan. 1 Rose (Semifinal) No. 2 Oregon (12-1) vs. No. 3 Florida State (13-0) Jan. 1 Sugar (Semifinal) No. 1 Alabama (12-1) vs. No. 4 Ohio State (12-1) Jan. 4 GoDaddy Toledo (8-4) vs. Arkansas State (7-5) Jan. 3 Birmingham Florida (6-5) vs. East Carolina (8-4) Jan. 2 Cactus Oklahoma State (6-6) vs. Washington (8-5) Jan. 2 Alamo Kansas State (9-3) vs. UCLA (9-3) Jan. 2 TaxSlayer Iowa (7-5) vs. Tennessee (6-6) Jan. 2 Armed Forces Houston (7-5) vs. Pittsburgh (6-6) Jan. 1 Cotton Baylor (11-1) vs. Michigan State (10-2) Jan. 1 Outback Wisconsin (10-3) vs. Auburn (8-4) Jan. 1 Citrus Minnesota (8-4) vs. Missouri (10-3) Dec. 31 Orange Georgia Tech (10-3) vs. Mississippi State (10-2) Dec. 31 Fiesta Arizona (10-3) vs. Boise State (11-2) Dec. 31 Peach TCU (11-1) vs. Ole Miss (9-3) Dec. 30 Foster Farms Maryland (7-5) vs. Stanford (7-5) Dec. 30 Belk Louisville (9-3) vs. Georgia (9-3) Dec. 30 Music City Notre Dame (7-5) vs. LSU (8-4) Dec. 29 Texas Texas (6-6) vs. Arkansas (6-6) Dec. 29 Russell Athletic Bowl Clemson (9-3) vs. Oklahoma (8-4) Dec. 29 Liberty West Virginia (7-5) vs. Texas A&M (7-5) Dec. 27 Holiday Nebraska (9-3) vs. USC (8-4) Dec. 27 Pinstripe Boston College (7-5) vs. Penn State (6-6) Dec. 27 Independence Miami (Fla.) (6-6) vs. South Carolina (6-6) Dec. 27 Sun Duke (9-3) vs. Arizona State (9-3) Dec. 27 Military Virginia Tech (6-6) vs. Cincinnati (9-3) Dec. 26 Bitcoin NC State (7-5) vs. UCF (9-3) Dec. 26 Quick Lane Rutgers (7-5) vs. North Carolina (6-6) Dec. 26 Heart of Dallas Illinois (6-6) vs. Louisiana Tech (8-5) Dec. 24 Hawaii Fresno State (6-7) vs. Rice (7-5) Dec. 24 Bahamas Western Kentucky (7-5) vs. Central Michigan (7-5) Dec. 23 Poinsettia San Diego State (7-5) vs. Navy (6-5) Dec. 23 Boca Raton Marshall (12-1) vs. Northern Illinois (11-2) Dec. 22 Miami Beach Memphis (9-3) vs. BYU (8-4) Dec. 20 Camellia Bowling Green (7-6) vs. South Alabama (6-6) Dec. 20 Idaho Potato Air Force (9-3) vs. Western Michigan (8-4) Dec. 20 Royal Purple Colorado State (10-2) vs. Utah (8-4) Dec. 20 New Mexico Utah State (9-4) vs. UTEP (7-5) Dec. 20 New Orleans UL Lafayette (8-4) vs. Nevada (7-5)

2014–15 NCAA football bowl games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Butter : 12-11-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That is last years list of bowl games...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Butter
Coordinator

Yeah, we're picking last year's games. Should be pretty easy!
Old 12-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Butter
Coordinator

So, I'm guessing I am asking a bit too much out of everyone to participate to list all 39 scores... which is fine. Wouldn't be the first time a game was a non-starter.