rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #252
kingfc22
Head Coach

And that's a wrap.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #253
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe somebody whispered "playoffs" into Manning's ear.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #254
Bobble
College Prospect

Dalton Manning with the interception. ;-)
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #255
rowech
Pro Starter

Still time left. They're acting like this is seconds left.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #256
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And we begin with another sack

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #257
Galaril
Pro Starter

That felt like the call fir Manning to retire he is done. Time to get someone in Denver next year that can play in weather . This team will do nothing in the playoffs one and done.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #258
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
That felt like the call fir Manning to retire he is done. Time to get someone in Denver next year that can play in weather . This team will do nothing in the playoffs one and done.

It's not like playing in Denver now will be balmy. They still feel like a lock to be in the AFC title game.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #259
Danny
Head Coach

Dont know why you call a timeout there, you could still have a chance if not getting the onside kick if you dont use a timeout there
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #260
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fourth pick by Manning?

Old 12-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #261
rowech
Pro Starter

Bobble at end. Will be overturned I think.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #262
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And that is game ladies and gents!

Old 12-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #263
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

WHO FUCKIN DEY

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #264
rowech
Pro Starter

Glad my reverse jinx worked. I know it's not normal Peyton but it still counts.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #265
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Manning in playoff form already
Old 12-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #266
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats to the Bengals fans for their team making the playoffs.

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-22-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #267
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Man, you know you care too much about a specific football team when a win like this makes you feel amazing all over.

FUCK EA
Old 12-22-2014, 10:55 PM   #268
Thomkal
Head Coach

In other news, the Browns have announced Manziel is out next week, they tried to bring in Grossman for a week because Hoyer is also hurt, but no deal so Connor Shaw will get the start it looks like.

Meanwhile the Cards have decided to start Logan Thomas, but he will have a quick hook if he stinks up the place

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-22-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #269
rowech
Pro Starter

Kudos to the gameplan and being willing to stay with it. Wasn't thrilled with the end game time management with 4:30 left but really like the rest.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #270
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
In other news, the Browns have announced Manziel is out next week, they tried to bring in Grossman for a week because Hoyer is also hurt, but no deal so Connor Shaw will get the start it looks like.

Meanwhile the Cards have decided to start Logan Thomas, but he will have a quick hook if he stinks up the place

Turned down by Rex Grossman.

Has any team ever been more effective at crushing fan's souls than the Cleveland Browns?
Old 12-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #271
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Would like to see Shaw do well honestly.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #272
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Wow - 4 picks by Manning hmm?

That's not very good.

Homefield for the Pats without having to worry about the Buffalo game is nice though.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-22-2014 at 11:06 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #273
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Turned down by Rex Grossman.

Has any team ever been more effective at crushing fan's souls than the Cleveland Browns?

Well it looks like here it was more the logistics of getting to Cleveland during Christmas week
Old 12-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #274
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well it looks like here it was more the logistics of getting to Cleveland during Christmas week

Or wanting to go to Cleveland during Christmas week.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #275
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Or wanting to go to Cleveland during Christmas week.
Also true
Old 12-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #276
ColtCrazy
College Starter

More Manning postseason bashing. Just an interesting note

Manning Playoff record when...

less than 38 attempts: 6-3
more than 38 attempts: 5-9

Brady Playoff record when....

less than 38 attempts: 13-2
more than 38 attempts: 5-6

Rodgers Playoff record when...

less than 38 attempts: 5-1
more than 38 attempts: 1-3

Two points. One, QBs tend to lose in the playoffs when they are forced to pass a vast majority of the time. Secondly, Manning has had to do that in well over half his playoff starts and resulted in 75% of his playoff losses. Brady and Rodgers have had to do it a far less percentage of the time.
Manning's ability has also been his curse. Teams have treated him like Elway most of his career, expecting him to win the game. Brady and Rodgers are great. All 3 could be in the top 5 by the time they retire (IMO Manning/Brady already are), but they've had help.

This won't be a one and done playoff team.

On a side note, when it comes to overrated, I really think Bill Polian is in terms of being a GM. His 90s Bills and 00s Colts both had similar makeups, high scoring play from ahead defenses. Bills also benefited from a weak AFC era. But neither could do much against well balanced (and well coached) teams. that really couldn't grind out wins against balanced teams. Thankfully the Colts got theirs and the Bills would have gotten theirs if it hadn't been for wide right. B

Sorry, no more soapbox. What's the odds on a Seahawk-Pats Superbowl anyway?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #277
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think Bill Polian was a great GM in the first half of his tenure with the Colts. However after that Peyton Manning was able to cover up his mediocrity until he was injured. I'm kind of afraid that that Andrew Luck will cover up for Ryan Grigson in the same way.

I mean Bill Polian's first round draft choices were pretty solid with Manning Edgerrin James, Rob Morris(who may not have been the best but he stuck around the team for a long time), Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney etc...

He lost me when he trade a 1st round pick plus another for some other team's second round pick which was spent on a bust.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:30 AM   #278
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NFL MVP should be interesting. I guess Rodgers has been anointed but I see a case for 4-5 QBs. I guess Ben gets hurt by having probably the best back and WR on his team but with a big win over Cincy and 5000ish yards passing he deserves a strong look. Losing to the Jets/Bucs also doesn't help.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:39 AM   #279
Danny
Head Coach

Demarco Murray or Leveon Bell. This is the age of the QB, but these two guys are allowing Romo and Ben to have the best seasons of their careers.

I lean towards Murray especially if Cowboys win next week and get a bye week.

My choice of QB's would probably be Russell Wilson (assuming they win and get a bye), amazing what he has done with so little talent on offense (outside of Beast mode)

Last edited by Danny : 12-23-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:50 AM   #280
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'd go with Murray too. Also, go Raiders.

FUCK EA
Old 12-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #281
rowech
Pro Starter

Tony Dungy said on the Dan Patrick show that Gronkowski or Bobby Wagner should be the MVP. Was happy to hear someone agree with me on Gronk. Wasn't thrilled it was Dungy.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #282
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ha, somes up my feelings as well Rowech.

Putting numbers aside, Gronk has been showing for years now that the Pats offense is broken when he's not on the field and healthy.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #283
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Demarco Murray or Leveon Bell. This is the age of the QB, but these two guys are allowing Romo and Ben to have the best seasons of their careers.

I lean towards Murray especially if Cowboys win next week and get a bye week.

My choice of QB's would probably be Russell Wilson (assuming they win and get a bye), amazing what he has done with so little talent on offense (outside of Beast mode)

The games where Romo has missed time due to injury or his back wasn't right are the games the Cowboys have lost this year. I think it's tough to argue Murray over Romo for who's been more valuable to Dallas. Not to say Romo should win over Rodgers or anyone else deserving.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #284
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I would agree with that and it has become more apparent as the season has progressed. The Cowboys improvement this year has more to do with their offensive line than anything else. The offensive line has allowed a talented running back to do great things. But, like pretty much all of the NFL, I think you could replace Murray much easier than Romo. Even going into the Colts game I wasn't too upset if Murray missed and was interested in seeing what Randle would do. I would be extremely worried if Romo was out.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #285
Danny
Head Coach

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The games where Romo has missed time due to injury or his back wasn't right are the games the Cowboys have lost this year. I think it's tough to argue Murray over Romo for who's been more valuable to Dallas. Not to say Romo should win over Rodgers or anyone else deserving.

I think this is very unfair to Murray. I'm not even sure the combined powered of Payton, brown, smith and sanders could win it with weeden at qb
Old 12-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #286
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think this is very unfair to Murray. I'm not even sure the combined powered of Payton, brown, smith and sanders could win it with weeden at qb

It's not unfair at all. Murray has had a great season, so has Dallas' OL and Dez Bryant. But Dallas could win with their backup RBs playing and get 60-75% of Murray's production. I don't believe you can't say the same about Dallas without Romo, thus I think he's been more valuable.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #287
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

True. And also, the drop off at back ups is too drastic for my example to really mean much like you alluded to. I am one of those that has always been a Romo fan, though, so I may elevating his importance, but I do feel like as the year has progressed it has really shown how valuable he is.

Murray is having an outstanding year, though. You just have to be spectacular to win as a non-QB, or hope for a really down year at QB. Or have back-to-back spectacular years.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #288
Butter
Coordinator

Reverse jinx!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #289
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
It's not unfair at all. Murray has had a great season, so has Dallas' OL and Dez Bryant. But Dallas could win with their backup RBs playing and get 60-75% of Murray's production. I don't believe you can't say the same about Dallas without Romo, thus I think he's been more valuable.

If that's how you value it then no non qb would ever win. I like to compare it to an average starter at that position instead
Old 12-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #290
Arles
Grey Dog Software

That was a disappointing effort by Denver last night, but I'm not sure it matters. With Buffalo resting nearly all their injured guys (a la Darius and others), I wouldn't see them beating a fully healthy NE team in Foxboro. So, as long as Denver beats Oakland on Sunday, they will still have the #2 seed.

The Cincy-Pitt game will be interesting. I'm not sure either NE or Denver wants to face the Steelers in round 2. So, NE will be rooting for Pitt and Denver will probably be rooting for Cincy. If Cincy were to pull the upset, that would setup matchups of Indy-Pitt (4-5) and Cincy-Balt/SD (3-6). That could setup a situation where Pitt beats Indy and travels to NE while Denver gets a rematch in Denver against Cincy. I'd be pretty happy with that setup if I were a Broncos fan. Had Denver won last night, they'd basically have assured themselves of a matchup against Pittsburgh in round 2.

Last edited by Arles : 12-23-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #291
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I'm getting annoyed at the delusional flashes-of-greatness qbs who thinks that completing one nice in ten means that he has shown flashes of greatness. Every single QB that has ever played has done that and all it means is that you can take a snap in the nfl.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #292
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
"It's been a year of growing up for me. This is a job for me now. I have to take this a lot more seriously," Manziel added.

You think? Isn't this what many said a year ago, including the Browns organization (which they and others got criticized for in some quarters)? You can't use the tired excuse of "being young" because others (not named Clowney) in the league at his age have worked hard, even those with 6th-round talent.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #293
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
You think? Isn't this what many said a year ago, including the Browns organization (which they and others got criticized for in some quarters)? You can't use the tired excuse of "being young" because others (not named Clowney) in the league at his age have worked hard, even those with 6th-round talent.

I thought the the criticism the Browns received was based on the treatment of a player that they not only drafted in the first round but traded up to get him. If they felt he was not a hard worker and was not a future starting QB, why draft him at all? They (the Browns front office) can't use the excuse that they did not know the player until he got to camp. Here is the summary of his NFL Draft Profile

Johnny Manziel Draft Profile – NFL.com

Quote:
A once-in-a-generation, run-around, ad-lib, sandlot-style quarterback who consistently won games playing a brand of fast-paced, jailbreak football that often goes off script and can be difficult both to game plan with and against. Is most comfortable on the move outside the pocket where he can find open throwing lanes and see the field and will command mush rush and extra spy defenders. Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability. Overall character, leadership ability and work habits will define his NFL career. Rare competitiveness and third-down efficiency could carry him a long way, yet he could be challenged to avoid a crash-and-burn scenario if he does not settle down and mature. A high-risk, high-reward pick, Manziel stands to benefit from entering the NFL at a time when moving pockets are trending. No other quarterback can change the tempo of a game better if a demanding head coach feels confident he can manage the risk.

I even went back to this year's draft thread and found this from an organization that I know you respect.

Leaked Internal Scouting Report: The Patriots Do Not Like Johnny Manziel

So after the combine, the pro days, the personal interviews etc., the Browns felt comfortable enough with their due diligence to trade up to get Manziel. Given the above and other weaknesses that are in that profile, it was silly for the Browns management to publicly say the things that they said about Manziel. Shame on Manziel for not putting in the work, but the Browns knew what they were getting when they handed in that draft card. They better hope Mike Pettine is the "demanding head coach" that can get the best out of Manziel.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #294
Buccaneer
Head Coach

miami_fan, I understand. I think my frame of reference started after the draft when the organization (and Hoyer) were complaining about his work ethic. I agree that the Browns should not have drafted him, let alone trade up, when they knew what they were going to get.