Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #151
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, muns and gstelmack have already hit on the too-developed players, so I won't carp on that. I saw that as the big issue as well.

That said, with respect to overall talent, in my mind, a right balance of talent, means every team "should" get a chance to draft at least a four-star prospect in the first round, and a three-star in the second round, and one stars shouldn't be common until the late fourth-early fifth rounds if not later.

I would like to see higher numbers of 2-3 star talent players to bump up the bell curve in the middle. IMO, that makes for a lot more of a feeling you can get players that might develop into something without blowing up the talent base with too many star talents.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 08-07-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #152
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
No. The players who were sent to the VL simply will not be able to be drafted. So your draft list will revert to the next best player who is available. Anyone who has overall ratings of more than 1 star in the draft pool was sent to the VL. So that should make it easy to know who to rule out.

Got it. Thanks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #153
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No. The players who were sent to the VL simply will not be able to be drafted. So your draft list will revert to the next best player who is available. Anyone who has overall ratings of more than 1 star in the draft pool was sent to the VL. So that should make it easy to know who to rule out.

If you want a custom filter for the draft pool to make it easier to set your draft list, I think I set my custom filter to show all players with OVR Rating of 32 or less. I think that included one or two guys listed as 1.5 star current rating, but you can easily ignore them.

It should help you be able to sort everything for the rest of your draft list from there.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #154
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would like to see higher numbers of 2-3 star talent players to bump up the bell curve in the middle. IMO, that makes for a lot more of a feeling you can get players that might develop into something without blowing up the talent base with too many star talents.

The game just doesn't make it easy to generate a good crap of young prospects without massive tinkering. That said, I haven't been doing much solo work, largely focusing my energy over here. So maybe that's what I'll do now, is spend some time playing solo and also figuring out how to generate better draft pools. I know overall, but...it can be one of those things that OOTP simply doesn't make easy to do without massive tinkering.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-07-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #155
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, muns and gstelmack have already hit on the too-developed players, so I won't carp on that. I saw that as the big issue as well.

That said, with respect to overall talent, in my mind, a right balance of talent, means every team "should" get a chance to draft at least a four-star prospect in the first round, and a three-star in the second round, and one stars shouldn't be common until the late fourth-early fifth rounds if not later.

From my own testing of this version, I have a very tough time creating 2-3 star prospects for some reason. Maybe DC has had more luck with his experimenting, but for me it always seems to go from a handful of 4 or 5 star prospects, down to a smaller handful of 3 star prospects, then a tiny number of 2 stars, then a bazillion 1 star prospects.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong when I try to customize the draft pool in SP test drafts, but it just feels harder then it seems like it should. (which reminds me to say that all of my griping about stuff isn't a knock on DC, I understand this isn't easy and requires a bit of tinkering).

Old 08-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Figures this would be hard. I am sure part of the problem is the star system is a relation to the talent in the league. I wonder if anyone has done any Sky Dog-ish extensive studies on the settings for this a la Ronco, either here or at the OOTP community?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #157
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Figures this would be hard. I am sure part of the problem is the star system is a relation to the talent in the league. I wonder if anyone has done any Sky Dog-ish extensive studies on the settings for this a la Ronco, either here or at the OOTP community?

Not really. Just those two have done their testing. I've done testing, but it's been related almost solely to creating players for feeder leaders to have them enter major leagues. That's why FOOL was setup that way initially, because I'd finally figured out how to get the settings to work well.

I haven't done any testing for generating draftees, but like you said, that's largely because stars are dependent on the league talent level, etc.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

DC, I assume we are using the default settings for star overall ratings where they are rated compared to others that play the same position in the league? ie: 1B compared to other 1B, Catchers to other Catchers etc?

I am almost 99% sure that is the case based on the number of 1B with 90+ ratings and barely 3 stars, but figured I would make sure!

Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not really. Just those two have done their testing. I've done testing, but it's been related almost solely to creating players for feeder leaders to have them enter major leagues. That's why FOOL was setup that way initially, because I'd finally figured out how to get the settings to work well.

I haven't done any testing for generating draftees, but like you said, that's largely because stars are dependent on the league talent level, etc.

Then maybe we need to come to conclusions about what level of talent we want in the league. Maybe get a statistical basis from the current talent and go from there. Let's say we, as an ownership agree, feel that whatever talent is now is an ideal amount of talent (and I mean with respect to fully developed players, for the most part). If we take that database and come up with some base CON and POW and STF figures and what not, along with deviations and variances, maybe we will have a statistical basis on which to do testing (regardless of stars, which eventually will balance out anyway).

If we set the "league average" (what our numbers say that is) as what is coming out as a 2.5 star prospect, maybe we can do something with that.

It requires testing, but I think theoretically we can make it work if someone does the groundwork (I would myself, but with my trip next week I am up against it just getting ready for that).

Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #160
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
DC, I assume we are using the default settings for star overall ratings where they are rated compared to others that play the same position in the league? ie: 1B compared to other 1B, Catchers to other Catchers etc?

I am almost 99% sure that is the case based on the number of 1B with 90+ ratings and barely 3 stars, but figured I would make sure!

Yes, we're using those defaults.

I just setup my new solo league and I use it as a sandbox to do some testing.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #161
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Then maybe we need to come to conclusions about what level of talent we want in the league. Maybe get a statistical basis from the current talent and go from there. Let's say we, as an ownership agree, feel that whatever talent is now is an ideal amount of talent (and I mean with respect to fully developed players, for the most part). If we take that database and come up with some base CON and POW and STF figures and what not, along with deviations and variances, maybe we will have a statistical basis on which to do testing (regardless of stars, which eventually will balance out anyway).

If we set the "league average" (what our numbers say that is) as what is coming out as a 2.5 star prospect, maybe we can do something with that.

It requires testing, but I think theoretically we can make it work if someone does the groundwork (I would myself, but with my trip next week I am up against it just getting ready for that).

The sabermetric creation modifiers determine how good players are/aren't. So basically, I need to tweak them to a certain place and once we find a sweet spot, then we'll know where to set them for FOOL for the kind of "average" player we want.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #162
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you want a custom filter for the draft pool to make it easier to set your draft list, I think I set my custom filter to show all players with OVR Rating of 32 or less. I think that included one or two guys listed as 1.5 star current rating, but you can easily ignore them.

It should help you be able to sort everything for the rest of your draft list from there.

You are the man Alan!!! ive been sitting here trying to figure out what the heck to do so it wasnt that complicated and wasnt having any luck. That did the trick, so thank you for saving me another hours worth of wondering around.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #163
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think I've found some player creation settings that work for FOOL. I setup my solo league with similar league total modifiers and the only difference is that I lowered aging from 1.000 to .750 and used creation modifiers that are set to 1.200 and it seems that there is a nice statistical balance to things.

I'll report my findings in a bit.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #164
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Crap, almost blew tonight. WIll have an export in soon.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #165
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Sent it in and I forgot to do a draft list. No big deal, I would just have the AI set it anyways as I did last year.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

May need a few minutes. I am trying to work my way carefully through this draft list, copying as I go to attempt to maintain the list instead of allowing the computer to F it all up. I am at about 20 players in 10 mins, and I want to get to around 45-50.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #167
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

My list is sent in. Are we doing this tonight?
JimmyOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #168
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOOTP View Post
My list is sent in. Are we doing this tonight?

Of course. In a little bit here, I'll go ahead and get everything exported and simmed up and then released. Tonight is the last night you get to set your rosters and they're due by tomorrow night at 9pm central, as we start the season over the weekend. Sometimes, we start immediately after exports, other times, not as much. But it all gets done so that we can do the FOOL Classic on Sunday night.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am uploaded.

You have to be kidding me with this crap.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #170
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

and away we go...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #171
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

C Jose Martinez re-signed with Brooklyn to a one-year deal worth $7.7 million.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #172
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
All right, I am uploaded.

You have to be kidding me with this crap.

lol ya i got frustrated with it and said screw it and just let the AI do it. I got about 25 in and then realized that I couldnt just have the AI fill it in after that and it changed all my picks..... So needless to say I wasnt going to do it again.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #173
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
lol ya i got frustrated with it and said screw it and just let the AI do it. I got about 25 in and then realized that I couldnt just have the AI fill it in after that and it changed all my picks..... So needless to say I wasnt going to do it again.

I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't let the AI do it. Worst case, you just have to make trades to get the players you want or trade up to increase the likelihood of getting what you want.

I mean, I understand getting who you want...but in a league like this...I dunno. Seems like more hassle than it's worth.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #174
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Maybe the 24 hour window between the draft ending and season starting could be a "trade window" for people to swap picks of guys they don't want for ones they do or something? I dunno.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #175
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't let the AI do it. Worst case, you just have to make trades to get the players you want or trade up to increase the likelihood of getting what you want.

I mean, I understand getting who you want...but in a league like this...I dunno. Seems like more hassle than it's worth.

I agree, but when there are what 5 guys that look to trade here on a regular basis, that bites ya in the butt as well.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #176
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1970 DRAFT

Here are the first round picks:

Code:
Round 1 Round 1, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: 1B L. Mendoza Round 1, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: C L. Palmer Round 1, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: RF C. Weighell Round 1, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: 3B A. Summers Round 1, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 1B H. Matthews Round 1, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: LF D. O'Cleary Round 1, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: 2B C. Hernández Round 1, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B E. Finch Round 1, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP I. Valle Round 1, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: SP R. Cook Round 1, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: SP D. Adams Round 1, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: LF L. Davis Round 1, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: LF A. Shimizu Round 1, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: C M. Shepherd Round 1, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP D. Paul Round 1, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF E. Cronie
Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #177
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

We'll i let the AI do it and then just switched around a few players that i need so hopefully it works out. I got 2 first rounders this season and ones a 6th round pick. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #178
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 2-9, I'm not posting the rest:

Code:
Round 9 Round 9, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: 2B M. Arrington Round 9, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: C S. Good Round 9, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: RF P. Wyatt Round 9, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: MR M. Robinson Round 9, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF Á. Soto Round 9, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: MR C. Townsend Round 9, Pick 7 - Toronto Atlantics: CF J. Piña Round 9, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: CF M. Manning Round 9, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: 1B R. Martin Round 9, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: RF P. Palácios Round 9, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: SS P. Aguilar Round 9, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR W. Joseph Round 9, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: CF S. Specht Round 9, Pick 14 - Compton Brothers: LF C. Harris Round 9, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF M. Walker Round 9, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B B. Moore Round 8 Round 8, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: MR S. McMasters Round 8, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: C D. Dugles Round 8, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: CL G. Jerome Round 8, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: CF M. Wellman Round 8, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CL J. Encarnación Round 8, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 1B K. Burns Round 8, Pick 7 - Toronto Atlantics: CL P. Núñes Round 8, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: MR A. Cruz Round 8, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: MR J. Miller Round 8, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: C J. Palmer Round 8, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: MR W. Miller Round 8, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: CF J. De La Torre Round 8, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: SS S. Lindner Round 8, Pick 14 - Compton Brothers: 2B G. Álvarez Round 8, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: MR J. Hutchinson Round 8, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR R. Hoover Round 7 Round 7, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: SS A. van Kippersluis Round 7, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: SP T. Singleton Round 7, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: CF M. Cintrón Round 7, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: MR N. Duncan Round 7, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF F. Díaz Round 7, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: MR D. Holland Round 7, Pick 7 - Toronto Atlantics: RF S. Cantagalli Round 7, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: MR J. Domínguez Round 7, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: 1B J. Francis Round 7, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: 1B N. Newton Round 7, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: CF R. Quintero Round 7, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR B. Taylor Round 7, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: RF C. Jones Round 7, Pick 14 - Compton Brothers: RF C. Fenwick Round 7, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF H. Elmore Round 7, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF R. Miller Round 6 Round 6, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: SP M. Johnson Round 6, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: C A. Ortega Round 6, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: SP K. O'Looney Round 6, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: 2B L. Suárez Round 6, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP R. Robinson Round 6, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: CF A. Pacheco Round 6, Pick 7 - Toronto Atlantics: SP T. Harrell Round 6, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: MR H. Clark Round 6, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP J. Wendt Round 6, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: C D. Houlis Round 6, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: SP M. Tyler Round 6, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 1B R. Martínez Round 6, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: 3B G. Womack Round 6, Pick 14 - Compton Brothers: RF K. Pruitt Round 6, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF T. Rogers Round 6, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP D. Peterson Round 5 Round 5, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: SP T. Deschamps Round 5, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: SP P. Smith Round 5, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: CF S. Whittleton Round 5, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP J. Kemball Round 5, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: LF R. Torres Round 5, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP J. Ramos Round 5, Pick 7 - Toronto Atlantics: C E. Echevarría Round 5, Pick 8 - Quad City Thunderstorms: SP D. Cortéz Round 5, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP J. Harris Round 5, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: SP R. Gómez Round 5, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: RF E. James Round 5, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR J. Clark Round 5, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: SP A. Rojas Round 5, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP L. Velásquez Round 5, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: 1B M. Dunbar Round 5, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: RF T. Wallace Round 4 Round 4, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: SP B. Howell Round 4, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: 3B K. Tsutsumi Round 4, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: SP B. McCall Round 4, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: CF D. Lefebvre Round 4, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF T. Aldridge Round 4, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP J. Velásquez Round 4, Pick 7 - Toronto Atlantics: SP M. Yang Round 4, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: MR S. Osborn Round 4, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP M. León Round 4, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: 3B H. McPhee Round 4, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B T. Yánez Round 4, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 1B K. Densem Round 4, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: SP R. Young Round 4, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: LF K. Coleman Round 4, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF R. Jones Round 4, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF M. Weaver Round 3 Round 3, Pick 1 - Toronto Atlantics: SP G. Spencer Round 3, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: SS S. Coffey Round 3, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: RF T. Singleton Round 3, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP S. Thompson Round 3, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 2B T. Reece Round 3, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP B. Howard Round 3, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: CF I. Kobayashi Round 3, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: SS Á. García Round 3, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP J. Pérez Round 3, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: 1B J. Payne Round 3, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: RF P. Acevedo Round 3, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SS C. Spencer Round 3, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: 2B K. Johnson Round 3, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: CF D. Rice Round 3, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP D. Elistratov Round 3, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP J. García Round 2 Round 2, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: 1B B. Hampton Round 2, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: C M. Peet Round 2, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: CF C. Wagner Round 2, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: 1B D. Ruíz Round 2, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: LF C. Drew Round 2, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP W. Scott Round 2, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP M. Austin Round 2, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: MR D. Brewer Round 2, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP B. King Round 2, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: 1B J. Hernández Round 2, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: LF B. Hackwell Round 2, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: SS W. Edwards Round 2, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: C R. Daniels Round 2, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: C B. Fuller Round 2, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP M. Rodríguez Round 2, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF D. Hurley
Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #179
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Quote:
1970 DRAFT

Here are the first round picks:

Code:
Round 1 Round 1, Pick 1 - Quad City Thunderstorms: 1B L. Mendoza Round 1, Pick 2 - Texas Copperheads: C L. Palmer Round 1, Pick 3 - Seattle Armada: RF C. Weighell Round 1, Pick 4 - Baltimore Terrapins: 3B A. Summers Round 1, Pick 5 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 1B H. Matthews Round 1, Pick 6 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: LF D. O'Cleary Round 1, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: 2B C. Hernández Round 1, Pick 8 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B E. Finch Round 1, Pick 9 - El Paso Alligators: SP I. Valle Round 1, Pick 10 - Boston Settlers: SP R. Cook Round 1, Pick 11 - Hartford Harpooners: SP D. Adams Round 1, Pick 12 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: LF L. Davis Round 1, Pick 13 - New York Highlanders: LF A. Shimizu Round 1, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: C M. Shepherd Round 1, Pick 15 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP D. Paul Round 1, Pick 16 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF E. Cronie

I put the SS at #1 wtf and also i notice i only got one pick unless you traded comptons?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #180
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I put the SS at #1 wtf and also i notice i only got one pick unless you traded comptons?

Yup, in the Harris trade.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #181
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You make it sound like people actually want to trade!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #182
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Ok but i put micheal cols SS at #1 and i don't even see him drafted.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #183
muns
Pro Starter

Wow im surprised so far at my draft choices. I like 3 out of my frist 4 so far..
Old 08-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #184
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If he wasn't drafted at all, he might have been one of the ones that went to the VL

Old 08-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #185
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1970 SPRING TRAINING STANDINGS
Code:
------------- CONTINENTAL LEAGUE --- Valdosta (15-9) New York (15-9) Brooklyn (14-10) Rio Grande (14-10) Toronto (14-10) Texas (9-15) Atlanta (9-15) Baltimore (6-18) REPUBLIC LEAGUE ---- Boston (14-10) Seattle (13-11) Compton (13-11) Hartford (13-11) Colorado (12-12) Quad City (11-13) El Paso (11-13) Ann Arbor (9-15)

Just so those new to the league know, spring training is played with player fatigue (not pitcher fatigue) off. So...it's a little deceiving, just FYI.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #186
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Yeah he is 4 star and 5 star protential and i needed a SS badly so i put him first on my list. That's crazy
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #187
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

The draft got changed due to the influx of talent. All the guys with gold stars of like 2 and above went into the vulture league, so that would include your boy

Last edited by muns : 08-07-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #188
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

He plays for the Florida Marlins of the Vulture League. He said he'll see you in a few years when he's eligible to be a free agent and you can pay him "what he is worth in the open market."
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #189
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow im surprised so far at my draft choices. I like 3 out of my frist 4 so far..

I did a 20 person draft list and got my first 4 rounds of picks from it, so I am pretty happy.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #190
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

and a'uploading we go.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #191
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1970 SPRING TRAINING STANDINGS
Code:
------------- CONTINENTAL LEAGUE --- Valdosta (15-9) New York (15-9) Brooklyn (14-10) Rio Grande (14-10) Toronto (14-10) Texas (9-15) Atlanta (9-15) Baltimore (6-18) REPUBLIC LEAGUE ---- Boston (14-10) Seattle (13-11) Compton (13-11) Hartford (13-11) Colorado (12-12) Quad City (11-13) El Paso (11-13) Ann Arbor (9-15)

Just so those new to the league know, spring training is played with player fatigue (not pitcher fatigue) off. So...it's a little deceiving, just FYI.

That and I had 32 people on my spring training roster!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #192
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I did a 20 person draft list and got my first 4 rounds of picks from it, so I am pretty happy.

Did you leave everything blank after you ranked the 20?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #193
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

ahh, i must have missed that. Oh we'll theres always next season.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #194
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you leave everything blank after you ranked the 20?

Yeah, just let the AI run it from there.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #195
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
You make it sound like people actually want to trade!

Silly me. I also got a player I don't really care about at #1. But then, this is the first time I've ever drafted and had it matter. So...I was a little new to the process.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-07-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I decided to post something at OOTP about the Draft List issue, as I didn't see anything in the technical forums about it.

If you feel like it (and hopefully you do), please follow the link below and post in support. Mucho gracias.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2557187

Old 08-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #197
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, just let the AI run it from there.

I didnt know you could do that.... I thought if i left spots blank some dumb stuff would happen.....

Looks like I know what to do next season. Thanks for the help Alan
Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #198
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Silly me. I also got a player I don't really care about at #1. But then, this is the first time I've ever drafted and had it matter. So...I was a little new to the process.

Yeah, I know the feeling. At the place I draft it usually isn't what 5 star player I want.. its which of the left overs fit my system the best Which is probably how it should be.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #199
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didnt know you could do that.... I thought if i left spots blank some dumb stuff would happen.....

Looks like I know what to do next season. Thanks for the help Alan

Well, letting the AI draft for you could = dumb stuff happening at times

I just figure once I got to the players which would be longshots anyways, it doesn't really matter if I get that MR with 1 star potential in the 5th round or the 2B with potential 45 contact in the 5th round.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #200
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Because the hassle is still worth it over letting the AI pick. That's one God awful AI.