Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #201
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
What did you say? I don't remember anything flamable but might have missed it.

one page back, and in FOFC terms my asshatery
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #202
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Highest paid players in the league. Numbers are dropping, which explains why teams are able to go out and sign a bevy of stars:

Code:
Rank Player Team Salary 1 Teruo Miyahara Colorado $13,500,000 2 Rick Inman Valdosta $13,140,000 3 Adam Stanley San Diego $12,020,000 4 Anthony Payton Rio Grande $11,650,000 5 Hideaki Tanaka Rio Grande $11,095,000 6 Carlos Vázquez Atlanta $11,060,000 7 Nori Kitamura Compton $11,000,000 8 Holden Matthews Columbus $11,000,000 9 John Hunt Long Island $10,985,000 10 Artie Wiley Hartford $10,805,000 11 Mauro Suárez Baltimore $10,800,000 12 Rich Lang Brooklyn $10,545,000 13 Joey Higman Rio Grande $10,140,000 14 Edgardo Reyes Atlanta $10,125,000 15 Norm Hunter New York $10,095,000 16 Abraham Luján Toronto $10,000,000 17 Floyd Yarbrough Hartford $10,000,000 18 Guillermo Arrojo Brooklyn $9,675,000 19 Alejandro Corona Toronto $9,670,000 20 Edgar Hoskins New York $9,660,000 21 Riley Hollis Baltimore $9,315,000 22 Lorenz Heijnen Colorado $9,040,000 23 Alonso Samaripa Texas $8,955,000 24 David Barajas New Orleans $8,585,000 25 Craig Davis Atlanta $8,555,555

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-24-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #203
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
one page back, and in FOFC terms my asshatery

Oh, found it. Had to dig through about 75 Chief Rum posts from the middle of the night!

I think I understand what you were saying about New Orleans, but I don't know if it applied to this free agent class.. this is probably the first year that I remember in a while that I didn't throw out around 20-30 minor league offers at players.. It seems that teams are keeping their young players that I like alot better now than they had in the past few seasons.. or maybe just not being AI control has that effect...

I guess i think I view talent value as being very classest where the best of the best talent wise are irreplacable and thus usually worth being overpaid, but the next step down usually are only a standard deviation difference from the common talent level that overpaying them is a very poor choice. You'd be better off spending half as much on three guys only a hair worse and bank that one of those three end up developing to be the same level.

So that said, I have no problems with New Orleans or anyone overpaying for a Barajas when they come around, that level of talent isn't sitting out there waiting for people to just invite in. I would have more of a problem with a struggling team overpaying for a player just a hair over average because they don't want to be stuck with average...

And I know most of this is just unwanted drivel... but I'm in a talkative mood tonight I guess!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #204
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm with you. I say -- especially when you're down and out -- that it makes sense to dive into the pool and be a player. That team is on the radar that franchise has NEVER been in before. They have the worst winning % in FOOL history, so really, just winning seasons there is a big deal. Especially since the draft ain't what it used to be.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #205
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Especially since the draft ain't what it used to be.

heh, i just got through looking at the draft and my initial thought was.. geesh alot of talent available

Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #206
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I think I am liking my potential lineup from top to bottom this year, which hasn't happened for a while. Pitching is still a problem, but I think I should pull out of last place with this lineup at least.

I was able to get myself Higman, who may end up playing SS, though 1B is not out of the question. Higman may make for a nice #2 hitter, while new OF Gustavo Sanchez (at 34) may be the closest thing I have had to a leadoff hitter in years so he will probably end up there. That will allow me to bump guys who shouldn't be there to the end of the line and others out of it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #207
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Their lone winning season came in 1969 (81-73)

Texas has had two winning seasons in '65 and '66. Besides those two, the three worst teams are Chicago, Toronto and Columbus. Two of the three have titles and the third of course, won a pennant in the past two years.

So...parity is upon us. Long Island is the only other team (besides the Texas and New Orleans clubs) to never have made a playoff appearance in their histories. (Though again, Chicago, Columbus and Toronto JUST left that club..)

The tide is turning.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #208
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok, bedtime for me. I'll have to figure out what my draft list looks like tommorrow!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #209
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I think I am liking my potential lineup from top to bottom this year, which hasn't happened for a while. Pitching is still a problem, but I think I should pull out of last place with this lineup at least.

I was able to get myself Higman, who may end up playing SS, though 1B is not out of the question. Higman may make for a nice #2 hitter, while new OF Gustavo Sanchez (at 34) may be the closest thing I have had to a leadoff hitter in years so he will probably end up there. That will allow me to bump guys who shouldn't be there to the end of the line and others out of it.

Higman is great, because he can play so many positions. I think he should be well suited for a good year if he's played right in the lineup.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #210
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Well, if OOTP plays like real life, hitting in front of Payton(who seems to be staying with us as I had no real interest), Tanaka, and O'Cleary should get him some good pitchers for him to put into play.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #211
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Well, if OOTP plays like real life, hitting in front of Payton(who seems to be staying with us as I had no real interest), Tanaka, and O'Cleary should get him some good pitchers for him to put into play.

That's a pretty nice lineup.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #212
Tasan
College Starter

Okay so I'll ask again, did anyone else bid on SS Heijnen? I'm guessing that I bid against myself, but just wanted to know. Anyone?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #213
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Okay so I'll ask again, did anyone else bid on SS Heijnen? I'm guessing that I bid against myself, but just wanted to know. Anyone?

Not me

Last edited by muns : 09-24-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #214
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

I didn't either.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #215
kaosfere
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Not me

Nor I.

Been quiet tonight. I'm having a low-key off-season, with the exception of that one trade. Managed to grab one guy tonight, but nothing exciting.

Not sure how this year is going to be. My lineup is the most loaded it's been since I've been here, but my pitching staff is weaker. Of all the teams who were in the mix at the end of the season last year, I think I'm looking the weakest for this year. Probably not going to be a banner season for me unless something surprising happens.
SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186

Last edited by kaosfere : 09-24-2008 at 10:17 PM.
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #216
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

So I am moving my guys in the minors around to their place for the upcoming season and I notice SP Stephen Joyce on my rookie league team. He is 18, and appears to be 68. lol

SP Rich Payne is close to the same....

Last edited by Cringer : 09-24-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #217
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Niiiiiiiice. I'm paying Hoskins all that money to benchwarm at AAA
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So Heijnen decided to wait til the last day to decide to take my shorter offer. Glad he took it, hope I wasn't just bidding against myself but I have a feeling I was.

If I hadn't blown my wad on Davis, he would have received a competitive offer from me. SS is one of the positions I still don't feel great about. Good signing. Maybe a little high of a salary, but that's not a bad overpay.

BTW, I was ecstatic to slip in under the radar and sign former Ranchero Walt Withecombe to a one year deal. I don't know if he will make my pen, but he's still one of my favorites.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #219
muns
Pro Starter

I have exported
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #220
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:

That poser! He hits well enough during a contract year, but after he gets the $$ watchout!! I was glad to see him go & I feel Cole will fill his shoes just fine... too bad I did not get a good SP as well. If he's seen back in the Hood, he better run!!!

X-up.
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #221
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I need maybe 5 mins. Most of draft list is done, maybe another 10 players to list.

Spring training lineups are all done.

BTW, this is a wonderful, wonderful draft, full of Chief and Alan types of players. The whole league will (sadly, for us) be enriched.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Done and exported. G'luck, everyone!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #223
TimGuru
High School Varsity

What are the odds?
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #224
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hey DC, I'm really late tonight because of all kinds of problems. Can I have like 30 minutes? I just need to set spring training stuff. i did the others earlier.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #225
Tasan
College Starter

Aw crap, totally forgot about spring training because of all the draft stuff. Oh well, I'm not totally concerned about it, I'll try real quick.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #226
Tasan
College Starter

Okay my ST stuff is in. I thought I had pretty much set up things, just didn't have stuff adjusted for my last trade.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #227
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

DC just woke up from a nap. So it kinda worked out that everyone needed more time. LOL....
Old 09-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #228
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay my ST stuff is in. I thought I had pretty much set up things, just didn't have stuff adjusted for my last trade.

So you didn't switch out rosters?

Heh, heh, with a little more time last night, I switched out almost my entire active roster, and replaced them with fringe hanger ons and prospects trying to make the jump. My AAA payroll is around $60-$65 M right now, lol.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #229
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DC just woke up from a nap. So it kinda worked out that everyone needed more time. LOL....

I need another 15 minutes.. I'm almost done.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #230
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok I put together a relatively crappy attempt at spring training rosters and exported.. sorry for the wait.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #231
Anthony
Banned

wait, why do people switch out their ST rosters? should i do it too?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #232
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post

There is a school of thought that ST is a good time to 1) demo out kids who might want to play for you at a 24th or 25th roster spot and to 2) develop guys to play out of position.

That's why a lot of us do it.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #233
Anthony
Banned

oh, i thought it had to do with injuries and stuff.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #234
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
oh, i thought it had to do with injuries and stuff.

Not at all, I use it to get a better feel for which AAA guys might make the major league roster each year. Going in, I usually have 20-23 of the positions already decided on, so realistically it is 20 people competing for 2-4 positions, with the possibility of a youngster with an incredible spring training making the roster in a suprise (Like Joel Garner did for me back in the 1960s)

Old 09-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #235
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Nope. No injuries in these parts.

Ok, I'm gonna run this thing.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #236
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

It really depends. In my experience, ive gone away from this thinking. ive noticed that guys do jump up in ratings and can jump up a good amount in ST. Its usually younger guys (since i did a total rebuild i mostly played younger guys) but im never going to leave that up to chance again.

I put the max of 40 up with my usual 25 and put the hightest ranking spects that have a shot at making the club on the ST roster. I use ST now for more of a chance at a ratings jump rather than using it for roster battles.

Last edited by muns : 09-25-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #237
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Everyone exported.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #238
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Everyone exported.

Thats great, as its not usually the case. Good job people.

Last edited by muns : 09-25-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #239
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: MR O. Andelbeek
Round 9, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: CL R. Wade
Round 9, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: LF M. Mori
Round 9, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: MR I. Kobayashi
Round 9, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS B. Bow
Round 9, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: CF D. Trovisqueira
Round 9, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: RF G. Reyes
Round 9, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: CF T. Ikeda
Round 9, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: CF S. Rich
Round 9, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: MR F. Yan
Round 9, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: MR L. Bowers
Round 9, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF B. Chong
Round 9, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B P. Carruthers
Round 9, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: MR A. Chávez
Round 9, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: MR J. Cook
Round 9, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: 1B A. Bartlett
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 2B Á. Martínez
Round 8, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: LF G. Gagnon
Round 8, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP P. Polanco
Round 8, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: C M. Lawson
Round 8, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C J. Lozano
Round 8, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP R. Salgado
Round 8, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: SP J. Gómez
Round 8, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: 1B C. Ortega
Round 8, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP R. Rommel
Round 8, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: SP M. Newbury
Round 8, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: CF T. Woodworth
Round 8, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR J. Ray
Round 8, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: MR R. Hernández
Round 8, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: 1B D. Colbert
Round 8, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: 1B D. James
Round 8, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: MR M. Sánchez
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP E. Avery
Round 7, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: SP M. Porter
Round 7, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: RF M. Maldonado
Round 7, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: SP R. Hartman
Round 7, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C P. Collins
Round 7, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: CF J. MacIntosh
Round 7, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: RF M. Gonzáles
Round 7, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: SP D. Ch'oe
Round 7, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: LF D. Zimmerman
Round 7, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: SP V. Núñez
Round 7, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: SP S. Lane
Round 7, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR A. Campos
Round 7, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: C D. Larson
Round 7, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP R. Stewart
Round 7, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: SP R. García
Round 7, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: 3B A. Macías
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP J. Días
Round 6, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: 1B J. Montés
Round 6, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP P. Deleón
Round 6, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: RF M. Whitaker
Round 6, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP A. MacIntyre
Round 6, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP J. Dale
Round 6, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: SP W. Krant
Round 6, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: C B. Brewer
Round 6, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP R. Holcomb
Round 6, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: 1B B. Rogers
Round 6, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: CF S. Carpenter
Round 6, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR P. Bell
Round 6, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: MR A. Ramírez
Round 6, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: 1B B. Slot
Round 6, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: 2B E. Brooks
Round 6, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP R. Monroe
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SS G. Watters
Round 5, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: SP J. Torrez
Round 5, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP C. Vázquez
Round 5, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: SP C. Pérez
Round 5, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: C C. Gagné
Round 5, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP E. Fisher
Round 5, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: 3B R. Edwards
Round 5, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: SP J. Cline
Round 5, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP J. Strickland
Round 5, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: SP F. Alaniz
Round 5, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: SP H. Watanabe
Round 5, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR D. Moore
Round 5, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: 1B B. Fulgham
Round 5, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP P. Castle
Round 5, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: SP M. Velázquez
Round 5, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP G. Díaz
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: 3B A. Cardenas
Round 4, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: 2B A. Carpenter
Round 4, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP C. Medina
Round 4, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: LF G. Vilardeb
Round 4, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP A. Bean
Round 4, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP T. Kato
Round 4, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: 1B E. Easson
Round 4, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: RF A. López
Round 4, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP N. Vans
Round 4, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: 2B B. McGinnity
Round 4, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: SP L. Gentile
Round 4, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SS M. Williams
Round 4, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: CF J. Molina
Round 4, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: SS M. Maeda
Round 4, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: RF F. Ortíz
Round 4, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: CF M. Ibarra
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP A. Rodríguez
Round 3, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: SP J. Cardoza
Round 3, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP M. Dunlap
Round 3, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: SP J. Luna
Round 3, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 3B H. Eperaima
Round 3, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP T. Campbell
Round 3, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: CL M. Terada
Round 3, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: SP B. Aberdein
Round 3, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP V. Espinoza
Round 3, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: SP S. Campbell
Round 3, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: SP K. Gardner
Round 3, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CF W. Contreras
Round 3, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B D. Henderson
Round 3, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP R. Dionne
Round 3, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: SP J. Bonilla
Round 3, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: 3B M. Whitaker
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP A. O'Dell
Round 2, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: RF T. Andrews
Round 2, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP M. Lilly
Round 2, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: LF N. Green
Round 2, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR C. Budgell
Round 2, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP R. Dryden
Round 2, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B F. Harrison
Round 2, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: CF G. Salinas
Round 2, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP M. Klockow
Round 2, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: 3B R. Williams
Round 2, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: SP J. Ramírez
Round 2, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 2B L. Castillo
Round 2, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: MR D. Ch'oe
Round 2, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: SP J. Ruíz
Round 2, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: C B. Johnson
Round 2, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF J. Olivas
Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Rio Grande Roadrunners: SP B. Smith
Round 1, Pick 2 - Texas Travelers: SS Z. Allam
Round 1, Pick 3 - New Orleans Wrens: SP J. McGorry
Round 1, Pick 4 - Compton Brothers: CF A. Morales
Round 1, Pick 5 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP W. Steward
Round 1, Pick 6 - New York Highlanders: SP J. Williams
Round 1, Pick 7 - Colorado Rancheros: CF P. Morris
Round 1, Pick 8 - San Diego Fathers: CF J. Estronza
Round 1, Pick 9 - Chicago Thunderstorms: SP D. Thian
Round 1, Pick 10 - Long Island Violators: RF J. López
Round 1, Pick 11 - Toronto Osprey: LF C. Cervantes
Round 1, Pick 12 - Atlanta Firecrackers: C T. Powers
Round 1, Pick 13 - Hartford Harpooners: SP M. Clark
Round 1, Pick 14 - Baltimore Terrapins: 2B M. Martínez
Round 1, Pick 15 - Columbus Crusaders: MR D. Spencer
Round 1, Pick 16 - Valdosta Peanuts: RF K. Fujii
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #240
Tasan
College Starter

draft results draft results draft results
Old 09-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #241
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nice, drafted the #2, #15, #18 and #21 players on my draft list.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #242
fairly
n00b

So much for letting the computer pick... 7 starting pitchers out of 9. Nice balance.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #243
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SPRING TRAINING STANDINGS, 1977
------
RL
---
Compton 16-8
Hartford 15-9
San Diego 15-9
Long Island 13-11
Chicago 11-13
Columbus 10-14
Colorado 10-14
New Orleans 6-18

CL
---
Valdosta 16-8
Baltimore 16-8
Brooklyn 15-9
Toronto 13-11
New York 11-13
Texas 10-14
Rio Grande 9-15
Atlanta 6-18
Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #244
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairly View Post
So much for letting the computer pick... 7 starting pitchers out of 9. Nice balance.

This happened to me, but I did it purposely, by loading my file with as many pitchers as possible.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-25-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #245
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

PAYROLL
----
Code:
Rank Team Payroll 1 Atlanta Firecrackers $67,849,955 2 Toronto Osprey $63,527,760 3 Rio Grande Roadrunners $63,527,600 4 Baltimore Terrapins $63,100,000 5 New York Highlanders $61,493,800 6 Valdosta Peanuts $60,180,800 7 Columbus Crusaders $60,107,550 8 Long Island Violators $59,871,400 9 New Orleans Wrens $58,597,200 10 Colorado Rancheros $56,935,750 11 Compton Brothers $56,686,500 12 Hartford Harpooners $55,301,000 13 Brooklyn Brownstones $54,032,800 14 San Diego Fathers $52,609,900 15 Texas Travelers $52,266,800 16 Chicago Thunderstorms $51,510,000
Old 09-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #246
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Uploading the file.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #247
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Based on the payroll figures, I take it that I didnt sign any free agents!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #248
Tasan
College Starter

I got #s 4, 6 17, 31, and 35 from my list. Not shabby.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #249
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Nice, drafted the #2, #15, #18 and #21 players on my draft list.

Fujii was your #2? Not what I would have expected. I dropped him to 20.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #250
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Fujii was your #2? Not what I would have expected. I dropped him to 20.

I see the exact same thing in him that I saw in Edgardo Reyes when I originally got him. I'll quietly hope for the same results!

He fits my system perfectly, and will hopefully develop the way I need him to. Not every player is for every team, so I can see how some teams would lower him, but he's a good fit for Valdosta.