Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1983 FOOL Offseason Thread

Lets get this rolling. congratulations to the Napa Valley Winemakers on their first FOOL Championship last season. Tonight we will sim up until the start of free agency and perhaps a fresh chance for many teams to take steps towards the title for themselves.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new Board of Directors starting this year are the following:

Kaosfere (CL representative) will serve 1983 - 1988
Tasan (RL representative) will serve 1983 - 1986
TimGuru (At Large member) will serve 1983 - 1984

I will be dropping you all a PM in the morning to get you oriented into the new positions on the board. Thanks again to our last group of Board members, Turner, Chief and ekcut.. one of the best things about this league is that all of our owners are top quality and eager to give back to the league.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also starting this season, the top two teams will make it to the playoffs at the end of the year and play in a league championship series.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No exports from Columbus, Napa Valley, New York and San Diego

Old 11-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The 1982 Awards:

CL MVP:

1) Ed Morgan (TOR)
2) Charlie Wilson (TOR)
3) Thierry Fournier (NVY)

RL MVP:

1) George Baker (HAR)
2) Sandy Anderson (HAR)
3) Bobby Barrett (SD)

Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CL Pitcher of the Year:

1) Manny Lopez (TOR)
2) Joe Hart (NVY)
3) Weston Steward (BKN)

RL Pitcher of the year:

1) Billy Smith (HAR)
2) Dylan Robinson (HAR)
3) Artie Wiley (HAR)

Old 11-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CL Rookie of the Year:

1) Skip Adams (RG)
2) Mike Clark (NYH)
3) John Brown (TOR)

RL Rookie of the Year:

1) Hsueh-liang Zhao (HAR)
2) Santiago MacQueen (BOS)
3) Jose Lopez (COL)

Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, September 30th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed 3B T. Henry to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed SP C. Blevins to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $780,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed CL L. Lambert to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed C A. Hurtado to a minor league contract extension.

Friday, October 1st, 1982
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed MR R. Attenborough to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $435,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed CF I. Nakashima to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed CF P. Chevalier to a minor league contract extension.

Saturday, October 2nd, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed SP E. Hall to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed LF L. Hendrickson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,840,000.

Monday, October 4th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed LF M. Mendoza to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed 1B P. Wakeham to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed SP G. Thompson to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed SP C. Olivas to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $520,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed SP J. Ramírez to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,690,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed SP C. Huard to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $9,180,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed CF H. Aragón to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $14,210,000.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed 2B J. Tejeda to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $2,040,000.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed RF A. Lagario to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $5,020,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed 1B B. Jones to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed RF B. Anderson to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Bombers: Signed RF R. Bannerman to a minor league contract extension.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed MR N. Duncan to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,830,000.
Toronto Osprey: Signed SP G. Riggs to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,550,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed LF T. Roussy to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $4,425,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed LF L. Pierce to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $790,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed SP G. Lawson to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $520,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed 3B J. Jackson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $2,310,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed C A. García to a minor league contract extension.
Long Island Violators: Signed SP C. Davis to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $16,550,000.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed SS J. Reyes to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,730,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed RF J. Salazar to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,260,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed C P. Richter to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $610,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed RF P. Auchinleck to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,460,000.

Friday, October 8th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent RF A. Samaripa to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,240,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent 1B H. Da Silva to a minor league contract.

Saturday, October 9th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent 1B D. William to a 2-year contract worth a total of $525,000.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday, October 12th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent CF S. Contreras to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,850,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent RF A. Shimizu to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,360,000.

Wednesday, October 13th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B W. Reed to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,200,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent MR J. Lindsay to a 1-year contract worth a total of $190,000.

Thursday, October 14th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR H. Gray to a 2-year contract worth a total of $450,000.

Friday, October 15th, 1982
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent C B. Sampson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $850,000.

Saturday, October 16th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent 2B I. Nakano to a minor league contract.

Tuesday, October 19th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent C J. Ford to a 2-year contract worth a total of $520,000.

Thursday, October 21st, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent LF E. Costello to a minor league contract.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

New file is up!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, where the hell was everyone tonight? At least I have the excuse of always being gone Monday nights. Probably won't be around tomorrow night either, since I will need to get a workout in after work tomorrow, and then go vote (East Coasters, your polls are closed when deadline runs, but out here, the polls will still be open for a while yet).

Congrats to the new BoD members. I'm sure you guys will all do great. After all, I picked all of you.

I think I went to bed last night before seeing the final sim results, so if so, congrats to Teach on her championship. Poor muns--if I wasn't a CL manager, I suppose I would feel sorrier for him. And besides, he beat me the one time I got there.

Really looking forward to seeing how this season works out with the playoffs. Doesn't look as deep in the free agency market as usual, but I know that goes in cycles.

I will put in my votes for the HoF tomorrow evening when I return.

Good luck to everyone in free agency (except when you're going for the same people I am! ).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:15 AM   #12
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Not a lot happening on Monday nights so it isn't really a priority to sit around for live action.

Good to see I extended some contracts though.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #13
Tasan
College Starter

Thanks for the vote everyone. I'll serve as best I can.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #14
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Congrats to all the new BoD folks!

Glad to see that outside of Fontenot, the players I had hoped to keep (Roussy being #1) all resigned, and cheaply for the most part.

Excited about FA tonight, gonna need a clone between watching the election results and getting my FA bids in, lol.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #15
Ramzavail
College Starter

I forget to export and it's friggin xmas with minor league prospects, ridiculous.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I declined the option on Mac Rasmussen, so why is he on my team? What wonky things is OOTP doing? I most certainly didn't want to pick the team option on him for this year and yet, there he is. I declined on Bob Halpin too and he went away, but there Mac is. Help?

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-04-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think I went to bed last night before seeing the final sim results, so if so, congrats to Teach on her championship. Poor muns--if I wasn't a CL manager, I suppose I would feel sorrier for him. And besides, he beat me the one time I got there.

Dont feel sorry for me my friend. Im good with 2 titles, and nobody has ever won 6 divisions in a row..... I can hang my hat on that and id be ok with it if I was to stop playing today. Would it be nice to have more??? Sure, but thats the breaks

Loosing 4 out of 6 actually helps make my point about the playoffs and "german randomness", but im not gonna beat a dead horse or bore anyone with anything, Plus as I have said, Less of me talking for a while I think is a good thing.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I declined the option on Mac Rasmussen, so why is he on my team? What wonky things is OOTP doing? I most certainly didn't want to pick the team option on him for this year and yet, there he is. I declined on Bob Halpin too and he went away, but there Mac is. Help?

Halpin went away because he retired. Looking through the file and my backup old file, I see no where that you executed the team option on Rasmussen.. No where it says that he should still be on your team. My guess is Halpin's retirement "broke" something in OOTP. I'll manually Nullify the last year in Rasmussen's contract tonight to add him to the free agent pool since he shouldn't be there anyways.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
muns
Pro Starter

alan ive exported as ill be at practice when the file gets run. Lots of young guys out there for teams looking to rebuild. Looking forward to seeing how this shakes out.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #20
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Black Sox are exported. Good luck to.....me!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, free agency time.. lets see who went shopping!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In other words, getting exports now

Old 11-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No export for Toronto

Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, October 23rd, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed MR B. Mueller to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SS N. Weeteling to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR L. Finley to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $7,230,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed MR J. Domínguez to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $435,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed RF T. King to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CF J. Molina to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $540,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B C. Holmes to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B R. Kelly to a minor league contract extension.

Sunday, October 24th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed CF H. Jensen to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 3B A. Hashimoto to a minor league contract extension.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent 1B E. Sánchez to a minor league contract.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent 3B T. Dale to a minor league contract.

Monday, October 25th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed RF M. Zuwiski to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CF R. Norman to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed RF T. Ewing to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,995,000.

Tuesday, October 26th, 1982
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent MR J. Day to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,155,000.
New York Panthers: Signed SP M. Clark to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,050,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B A. Barajas to a minor league contract extension.

Wednesday, October 27th, 1982
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR L. Jenkins to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed MR D. Jones to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $630,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed MR A. Kadri to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,075,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B B. Fulgham to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP D. Robinson to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $30,240,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B S. Johnston to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 1B S. Mathis to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B E. Brown to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed LF K. Tamura to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,988,800.

Friday, October 29th, 1982
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent RF S. Martínez to a minor league contract.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent C C. Johnston to a minor league contract.

Saturday, October 30th, 1982
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent C J. Nadeau to a minor league contract.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Monday, November 1st, 1982
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent C B. Johnson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,980,000.

Tuesday, November 2nd, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent MR J. Soto to a 1-year contract worth a total of $620,000.

Wednesday, November 3rd, 1982
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent LF J. Benson to a 1-year contract worth a total of $445,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent MR J. Hussey to a 1-year contract worth a total of $320,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent LF G. Vilardeb to a minor league contract.

Friday, November 5th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CL C. Fontenot to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,330,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent RF D. Valdéz to a 1-year contract worth a total of $190,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 3B S. Kawano to a 2-year contract worth a total of $780,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CL J. Pérez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,590,000.

Saturday, November 6th, 1982
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent RF M. Yi to a minor league contract.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent MR E. Fleming to a 2-year contract worth a total of $780,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent LF C. Machado to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,380,000.
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent 3B R. Sánchez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $695,000.
New York Panthers: Signed free agent MR A. Córdova to a 1-year contract worth a total of $625,000.

Monday, November 8th, 1982
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent RF J. Vélez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,980,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent 3B A. Rangel to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,260,000.
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent 1B A. Fountain to a minor league contract.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent MR J. Foster to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,430,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent LF Y. Kubo to a 2-year contract worth a total of $980,000.
San Diego Fathers: Signed free agent CF G. Salinas to a minor league contract.

Tuesday, November 9th, 1982
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SP E. Barraclough to a 6-year contract worth a total of $22,690,000.

Wednesday, November 10th, 1982
New York Panthers: Signed free agent SP J. So to a 3-year contract worth a total of $12,115,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP S. Ueno to a 1-year contract worth a total of $220,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 1B R. Cruz to a 3-year contract worth a total of $11,250,000.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, November 11th, 1982
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP A. Piña to a 2-year contract worth a total of $415,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent RF J. Lane to a 4-year contract worth a total of $21,220,000.

Friday, November 12th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent SP B. Hill to a minor league contract.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 1B A. Montgomery to a minor league contract.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent CF E. Medrano to a minor league contract.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent SS R. Haas to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,150,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent 2B A. Carpenter to a 2-year contract worth a total of $920,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SP M. Green to a 4-year contract worth a total of $6,500,000.

Saturday, November 13th, 1982
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent RF C. Argo to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,170,000.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent LF C. Khu to a 4-year contract worth a total of $6,980,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent MR B. Sanders to a 4-year contract worth a total of $9,000,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 3B Y. Kiyomizu to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,860,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent CL T. Ishibashi to a 2-year contract worth a total of $5,580,000.

Sunday, November 14th, 1982
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent 3B M. Barnett to a minor league contract.
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent SP G. Turner to a minor league contract.

Monday, November 15th, 1982
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent RF P. Duval to a minor league contract.
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent SS P. González to a 1-year contract worth a total of $605,000.

Tuesday, November 16th, 1982
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent 2B E. Ostrom to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,655,000.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent SP S. Campbell to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,270,000.
Long Island Violators: Signed free agent C D. Baxter to a 1-year contract worth a total of $690,000.

Wednesday, November 17th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent CL A. Rodríguez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $580,000.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent CL D. Brewer to a 3-year contract worth a total of $6,735,000.

Thursday, November 18th, 1982
Boston Bombers: Signed free agent CF K. Kelley to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,620,000.

Saturday, November 20th, 1982
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 1B J. Guerrero to a 3-year contract worth a total of $38,970,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SP S. Gonzáles to a 6-year contract worth a total of $69,010,000.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent MR S. Cash to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,965,000.

Monday, November 22nd, 1982
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent CF N. Curtis to a 7-year contract worth a total of $36,800,000.

Wednesday, November 24th, 1982
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent C L. Palmer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $395,000.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #27
TimGuru
High School Varsity

The Tim Dale signing is REALLY aggravating because he WASN'T asking for a MLC but rather a 1 year deal.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Have at least one contract violation. Need to make sure there are no others and then will pack up the file

Old 11-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #29
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Monday, November 1st, 1982
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent C B. Johnson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,980,000.

Was this some front loaded BS contract, or random stupidity by the AI again? I offered more than 1 mil more per season, 2 more years and 13 million more guaranteed.

This one really pisses me off.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #30
allpro10050
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Was this some front loaded BS contract, or random stupidity by the AI again? I offered more than 1 mil more per season, 2 more years and 13 million more guaranteed.

didnt front or back load it
allpro10050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't know what he was asking for. If he only asked for 2 years, he might have turned down your offer because you wanted to lock him up for too long in his opinion. That I do see from time to time and it makes some sense for younger players..

Or it could just be a case of random OOTP fun when it picks a lesser contract for who knows what reason!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #32
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Tuesday, November 16th, 1982
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent 2B E. Ostrom to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,655,000.

Lovely. Another one. Millions left on the table.

I guess this is the "untried rookies" taking nothing deals again?

I just need to go to bed tonight before I come unhinged.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lovely. Another one. Millions left on the table.

I guess this is the "untried rookies" taking nothing deals again?

I just need to go to bed tonight before I come unhinged.

Yeah, the game just doesn't handle contracts of undeveloped talent well at all. One of the more frustrating things (in my laundry list of many) about the game.

In other news. File uploading. It is at 15%, so 2:45 left

Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

New file is up!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #35
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm with Tasan on this one.

I'd offered Dale a huge deal. Multiple years, millions in the bank. And he signs a MLC?

Same goes for several other guys.

Glad that I'm not the only one who wants to pull his hair out.

With all that said......call me crazy, but I think we need an additional night of FA or something. It'd be nice if there were some way to get feedback on some of these deals, or at least change course when these ridiculous AI-flukes occur. As is, my team is once again screwed.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #36
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's just the way the game works. I think, while it's frustrating, that it's a lot like real life. Sometimes, guys sign with teams for a variety of unknown reasons like family considerations or other intangibles. I used to rationalize game quirks that way in solo play a ton and so, I'd suggest that in this instance too. Because short of a new game being developed (not that it's not on the radar...) it's not going to improve in OOTP anytime soon.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #37
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
It's just the way the game works. I think, while it's frustrating, that it's a lot like real life. Sometimes, guys sign with teams for a variety of unknown reasons like family considerations or other intangibles. I used to rationalize game quirks that way in solo play a ton and so, I'd suggest that in this instance too. Because short of a new game being developed (not that it's not on the radar...) it's not going to improve in OOTP anytime soon.

In real life DC, a guy doesn't turn down 30+ million guaranteed for a MLC.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #38
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Where is the stud FA 1B Sanchez? I can't find any record of him signing, and I can't find him on the FA list or the players list. He was only 22 or 23.

*edited* Found him...signed a MLC in Wyoming...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

Last edited by ekcut : 11-04-2008 at 10:59 PM.
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #39
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
In real life DC, a guy doesn't turn down 30+ million guaranteed for a MLC.

Yes, I know that.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 AM   #40
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Yes, I know that.

Well, then, it isn't like real life is it?

I realize the game is what it is, just irritating as I have lost out 2 weeks in a row because of stuff like this. Hard not to get frustrated.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #41
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Chicago is exported for the Wed. night sim, and even more ready to see who Mr. #1 pick will be!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Alright it is sim time!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #43
Tasan
College Starter

wooooooooo!

I didn't export, at least I don't remember doing it.

It was a loooong election night ;- )
Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No export from Boston, Colorado, Hartford, Long Island, Napa Valley or San Diego

Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #45
Anthony
Banned

i got no money to sign anyone
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #46
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post

I have money, just nobody I want to sign.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #47
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
No export from Boston, Colorado, Hartford, Long Island, Napa Valley or San Diego

Sweet, a few less teams to compete against for the 2 guys I am really, really hoping to land.

I actually smell a whiff of hope around here.....not of a championship, or even a winning season.....just that I might be competitive this year.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post

No worries, I know alot of people skip wednesday night sim unless someone special is in the Free agent pool anyways. I just announce who I did not get one from just in case someone uploaded exports and I didn't get it. (We can figure out what went wrong possibly)

Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #49
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Sweet, a few less teams to compete against for the 2 guys I am really, really hoping to land.

I actually smell a whiff of hope around here.....not of a championship, or even a winning season.....just that I might be competitive this year.

You have an interesting definition of competitive.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, December 8th, 1982
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent 1B K. Roberts to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,035,000.
New York Panthers: Signed free agent 2B C. Springer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,000,000.

Sunday, December 12th, 1982
Rio Grande Roadrunners: Signed free agent SP E. Braun to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,190,000.

Tuesday, December 14th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent MR E. Trosclair to a 2-year contract worth a total of $6,560,000.

Wednesday, December 15th, 1982
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent C M. Shepherd to a 1-year contract worth a total of $715,000.

Thursday, December 16th, 1982
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF M. Schmidt to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,395,000.

Friday, December 17th, 1982
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SP C. McNeil to a 2-year contract worth a total of $425,000.

Saturday, December 18th, 1982
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SP A. Hernández to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,100,000.

Tuesday, December 21st, 1982
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent 3B M. Taylor to a 1-year contract worth a total of $815,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent MR E. Mills to a 3-year contract worth a total of $3,200,000.
Wyoming Buffalo Soliders: Signed free agent MR J. Mockly to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,860,000.

Thursday, December 23rd, 1982
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent LF J. Hunt to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,850,000.

Saturday, December 25th, 1982
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SP E. Fisher to a 3-year contract worth a total of $675,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF C. Weighell to a 1-year contract worth a total of $6,040,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B J. Higman to a 1-year contract worth a total of $5,515,000.

Monday, December 27th, 1982
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent MR M. Marcotte to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,800,000.
Chicago Black Sox: Signed free agent SS Á. García to a 3-year contract worth a total of $10,630,000.

Wednesday, December 29th, 1982
New York Panthers: Signed free agent MR C. Gómez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $7,200,000.