Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL 2028 Playoffs

Waiting on one playoff team to finish their export and then we will kick things off!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

sounds good!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All set! Thanks Alan!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Cool...g'luck all!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Cool...g'luck all!

you happy with those trade results?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, getting exports now!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like it is going to be one of those nights I have to download 10 or 12 times before I finally get them all to take inside of the game.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Looks like it is going to be one of those nights I have to download 10 or 12 times before I finally get them all to take inside of the game.

sorry you gotta do more work bud. Take your time.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
you happy with those trade results?

Hard not to be! I played every card I had for this playoff run. Trujillo is toast though, but his agent doesn't realize it yet so I am going to have to let him walk...Morgan is now my#2 starter and has the best contract in baseball...He is the ultimate asset!
IF, i can spend my 15mil wisely in FA, I may be a contender for one more season, but i don't think so...too many old players hanging on by a thread.

But yes, i sure need to give Baltimore an assist for this playoff appearance...enjoy your prospects!!! 3 years from now i may be regreting the moves, but i'll worry about three years from now in three years!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
sorry you gotta do more work bud. Take your time.

Oh it is not more work really. I just hit the button and wait

It is all loaded now though finally. So lets kick things off!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 1:

Gabriel Montoya pitches for Napa Valley vs: Kieran Browne for Edmonton

Brown pitches well in this one, giving up only 1 earned run on a Jesus Diaz solo home run in the top of the 6th before he leaves the game after that inning.

Montoya pitched better though for Napa Valley, pitching 8 innings of scoreless 4-hit ball to give the Winemakers a 1-0 lead entering the 9th inning.

Edmonton brings in St-Cyr to pitch the 9th, but he proceeds to give up a single to Lujan, walk Heredia, Hit Velona with a pitch, give up a RBI double to Gathee and a pinch hit RBI single to Matson before being pulled. Napa Valley ends up scoring 3 runs in the 9th to go up 4-0.

Edmonton managers a pair of singles in the bottom of the 9th, but no one can score and Napa Valley secures the game 1 win.

Napa Valley 4, Edmonton 0

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 1:

Alfredo Hernandez pitches for Hammersmith vs Leon Olivares for Ann Arbor

Ann Arbor gets solo home runs from Linseman, Mejia and Chaundy in the bottom of the first inning to take an early 3-0 lead vs the Hooligans.

Hammersmith gets one back in the top of the third, but Ann Arbor returns the favor in the bottom of the inning on a RBI single from Weeks.

The Winged Ligerines add another insurance run in the 4th on a Mejia Sacrifice fly, and Ann Arbor wins easily. Olivares pitches 8 innings, giving up 2 runs on 7 hits.

Ann Arbor 5, Hammersmith 2

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
CLCS Game 1:

Gabriel Montoya pitches for Napa Valley vs: Kieran Browne for Edmonton

Brown pitches well in this one, giving up only 1 earned run on a Jesus Diaz solo home run in the top of the 6th before he leaves the game after that inning.

Montoya pitched better though for Napa Valley, pitching 8 innings of scoreless 4-hit ball to give the Winemakers a 1-0 lead entering the 9th inning.

Edmonton brings in St-Cyr to pitch the 9th, but he proceeds to give up a single to Lujan, walk Heredia, Hit Velona with a pitch, give up a RBI double to Gathee and a pinch hit RBI single to Matson before being pulled. Napa Valley ends up scoring 3 runs in the 9th to go up 4-0.

Edmonton managers a pair of singles in the bottom of the 9th, but no one can score and Napa Valley secures the game 1 win.

Napa Valley 4, Edmonton 0

Ruh Roh! A teams only hope versus Napa Valley is to win the games that Lemiuex doesn't pitch...Strike one!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hard not to be! I played every card I had for this playoff run. Trujillo is toast though, but his agent doesn't realize it yet so I am going to have to let him walk...Morgan is now my#2 starter and has the best contract in baseball...He is the ultimate asset!
IF, i can spend my 15mil wisely in FA, I may be a contender for one more season, but i don't think so...too many old players hanging on by a thread.

But yes, i sure need to give Baltimore an assist for this playoff appearance...enjoy your prospects!!! 3 years from now i may be regreting the moves, but i'll worry about three years from now in three years!

ahhhh i doubt youll regret it. Glad they worked out for ya though.

Dominiguez didnt bump much, and wont get to his potential. I have better OF's so he will work out in your favor.

Johnson- I have no idea what the hell his problem pitching in AAA this year was. 5.02 ERA and 1.58 WHIP. LOL if he keeps going he works in your favor as well

Sherman- played nicely for me, and should be a nice player here shortly. Hit 287 in AAA and went up 10 in contact and in power and 6 in eye.

Rios- Hit .247 in A ball but went up like 10 in contact. So its too soon to tell.

But as of right now, you got me beat up in the trade

Last edited by muns : 07-21-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 2:

Carlos Esquivel pitches for Napa Valley vs Donald Morgan of Edmonton

The washed up Trujillo tries to prove he is still worth the money to the fans of Edmonton in the bottom of the 2nd inning with a Sacrifice fly that puts Edmonton up 1-0 early. Edmonton adds another to it in the bottom of the third on a Broomhead RBI single and then three more score in the 4th on a solo Home run from the washed up Trujillo and then later a 2-RBI single from Soto to give Edmonton the 5-0 edge.

Napa Valley try to climb back into it in the 8th on a Navarro 2-run home run but they can't make up the entire ground as they fall in game 2.

Morgan pitched 6 innings of 3-hit shutout ball, striking out 6 in the win for Edmonton.

Edmonton 5, Napa Valley 2

The CLCS is tied up 1-1.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Typical playoff start for the Hooligans. Up against it already.

8 playoff trips in 12 seasons. 0 for 7. Can we make it 8? I have faith we can.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ruh Roh! A teams only hope versus Napa Valley is to win the games that Lemiuex doesn't pitch...Strike one!

im really looking foward to seeing how this series turns out.

Interesting that Lemiuex didnt pitch the frist game. Is that manager gamesmanship teach? Worked out in a good move if it was. Browne is no sloutch!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 2:

Eddie Coleman pitches for Hammersmith vs Nathan Ewbank of Ann Arbor

Vince Hanna starts off the scoring with a 2-run home run in the bottom of the 2nd. A RBI double from Chaundy in the third makes the score 3-0 and then a second home run from Hanna, this time a solo shot increases the lead to 4-0 Ann Arbor in the 6th.

The door is slammed shut on Hammersmith in the 7th however as Ann Arbor scores 4 times, twice on a Chandy RBI double to take a commanding 8-0 lead.

Ewbank pitches 7 innings, giving up only 1 earned run on 4 hits in the win for Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor 8, Hammersmith 1

Ann Arbor leads the series 2 games to 0.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Typical playoff start for the Hooligans. Up against it already.

8 playoff trips in 12 seasons. 0 for 7. Can we make it 8? I have faith we can.

Would you rather make the playoffs just about everyear or have the first pick like my dumbass does this year???
Old 07-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #20
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would you rather make the playoffs just about everyear or have the first pick like my dumbass does this year???

Yes, actually. You have a championship.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
im really looking foward to seeing how this series turns out.

Interesting that Lemiuex didnt pitch the frist game. Is that manager gamesmanship teach? Worked out in a good move if it was. Browne is no sloutch!

I think Teach kept the rotation in the same spot in the order as Lemieux had pitched 103 innings only 2 days prior. After Lemieux, Montoya was the 2nd best pitcher for Napa Valley this season (but not much difference between Montoya and Martinez however)

Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #22
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Ahhh muns...playing possum again!!
We know the method to your madness...we've lived through 15 years of your domination before and we know you are poised to do it again!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 3:

Catron pitches for Edmonton vs Lemieux for Napa Valley

It is always trouble when you give a pitcher of Lemieux's ability an early lead, but that is exactly what Edmonton does in this game. Gathee hits a RBI single in the first, Wallace with a RBI single in the second makes it 2-0 Napa Valley.

Edmonton comes storming back however in the top of the third, on a RBI single from Pina, who later scores on a Broomhead one-out ground out to tie the game up 2-2!

In the bottom of the 3rd however, Napa Valley retakes the lead 3-2 on a Lujan solo-home run, but Edmonton once again ties it in the 5th thanks to another Broomhead RBI, this time a sacrifice fly to left field.

The Winemakers once again pile on more runs in the bottom of the inning, a sac fly from Lujan and a RBI single from Chavez puts Napa Valley up 5-3.

Edmonton gets one back in the top of the 8th, but can't come back this time. Lemieux is not as sharp as expected, but he gets the win none the less.

Napa Valley 5, Edmonton 4

Napa Valley leads the CLCS 2 games to 1.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #24
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think Teach kept the rotation in the same spot in the order as Lemieux had pitched 103 innings only 2 days prior. After Lemieux, Montoya was the 2nd best pitcher for Napa Valley this season (but not much difference between Montoya and Martinez however)

Thanks for the insight alan!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #25
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Ahhh muns...playing possum again!!
We know the method to your madness...we've lived through 15 years of your domination before and we know you are poised to do it again!!

Well said! You can't fool us Muns. (haha, get it...fool...)
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #26
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
CLCS Game 3:

Catron pitches for Edmonton vs Lemieux for Napa Valley

It is always trouble when you give a pitcher of Lemieux's ability an early lead, but that is exactly what Edmonton does in this game. Gathee hits a RBI single in the first, Wallace with a RBI single in the second makes it 2-0 Napa Valley.

Edmonton comes storming back however in the top of the third, on a RBI single from Pina, who later scores on a Broomhead one-out ground out to tie the game up 2-2!

In the bottom of the 3rd however, Napa Valley retakes the lead 3-2 on a Lujan solo-home run, but Edmonton once again ties it in the 5th thanks to another Broomhead RBI, this time a sacrifice fly to left field.

The Winemakers once again pile on more runs in the bottom of the inning, a sac fly from Lujan and a RBI single from Chavez puts Napa Valley up 5-3.

Edmonton gets one back in the top of the 8th, but can't come back this time. Lemieux is not as sharp as expected, but he gets the win none the less.

Napa Valley 5, Edmonton 4

Napa Valley leads the CLCS 2 games to 1.

Good game though
Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #27
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Ahem, yes...quite right. It was all strategy and whatnot and so forth.

(dude, I just moved, I didn't do a damn thing to my team)
Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Just to follow this thought up a bit further. Ann Arbor and Napa Valley are the two teams that kept their rotation in order and did not throw their #1 starter on short rest.

Edmonton and Hammersmith both forced it back to their #1 starter to lead off the series. Edmonton has three high quality pitchers going for them, so I am a bit suprised that they rushed a tired Browne out there instead of a rested Catron. Hammersmith has more difference in quality from their #1 starter this year and the rest of their staff, so understandable that they want their ace with the ball as often as possible.

Anyways, just interesting how the different teams handled their playoff rotations differently.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Well said! You can't fool us Muns. (haha, get it...fool...)

lol you guys are fool of shit

Trading is dead here, and while yes I did win my fair share in the last version, this version is a tad bit different.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #30
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just to follow this thought up a bit further. Ann Arbor and Napa Valley are the two teams that kept their rotation in order and did not throw their #1 starter on short rest.

Edmonton and Hammersmith both forced it back to their #1 starter to lead off the series. Edmonton has three high quality pitchers going for them, so I am a bit suprised that they rushed a tired Browne out there instead of a rested Catron. Hammersmith has more difference in quality from their #1 starter this year and the rest of their staff, so understandable that they want their ace with the ball as often as possible.

Anyways, just interesting how the different teams handled their playoff rotations differently.

I love this stuff. Shows up different we all are when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for sharing again Alan
Old 07-21-2009, 08:44 PM   #31
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
lol you guys are fool of shit

Trading is dead here, and while yes I did win my fair share in the last version, this version is a tad bit different.

Oh gawwwd, that was way worse than mine!

I loved just being involved in trade talks this season (not that hardly any panned out...but still). I'd like to see more of that.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 3:

Bartolo Rodriguez pitches for Ann Arbor vs Dermott Retter for Hammersmith

The young 22 year old Retter from Manchester, England is making his very first postseason start in his career in front of the Hooligan home fans. He starts off shaky however, giving up a lead off double to Linseman followed by a RBI single to Mejia immediately afterwards to fall into a 1-0 deficit in the top of the first inning.

Retter settles down after that, at least until the 5th inning when once again Linseman bests him, this time with a solo home run that gives Ann Arbor a 2-0 lead after 4 1/2 innings.

The Hooligans come back however against the Ann Arbor ace, a Bignell 2-run home run in the bottom of the 6th along with a Desilets RBI double helps give Hammersmith a sudden 3-2 lead, just like that!

Retter pitches well with the lead, and he goes 8 innings in this one, spreading around 10 hits but only 2 runs and he leaves with his first career postseason win, and the first playoff win of 2028 for Hammersmith!

Hammersmith 3, Ann Arbor 2

Ann Arbor leads the series 2 games to 1.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #33
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh gawwwd, that was way worse than mine!

I loved just being involved in trade talks this season (not that hardly any panned out...but still). I'd like to see more of that.

What can i say, I tried to be funny. Im not Eric or Tasan and cant come up with good one liners like they do.

I agree, there needs to be more deals, but thats been the deal with FOOL all along.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm interesting draft pool this year.. I love players that would be possible future hall of famers if not for that 19 movement potential!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
RLCS Game 3:

Bartolo Rodriguez pitches for Ann Arbor vs Dermott Retter for Hammersmith

The young 22 year old Retter from Manchester, England is making his very first postseason start in his career in front of the Hooligan home fans. He starts off shaky however, giving up a lead off double to Linseman followed by a RBI single to Mejia immediately afterwards to fall into a 1-0 deficit in the top of the first inning.

Retter settles down after that, at least until the 5th inning when once again Linseman bests him, this time with a solo home run that gives Ann Arbor a 2-0 lead after 4 1/2 innings.

The Hooligans come back however against the Ann Arbor ace, a Bignell 2-run home run in the bottom of the 6th along with a Desilets RBI double helps give Hammersmith a sudden 3-2 lead, just like that!

Retter pitches well with the lead, and he goes 8 innings in this one, spreading around 10 hits but only 2 runs and he leaves with his first career postseason win, and the first playoff win of 2028 for Hammersmith!

Hammersmith 3, Ann Arbor 2

Ann Arbor leads the series 2 games to 1.

There ya go Chief, got one under your belt now.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm interesting draft pool this year.. I love players that would be possible future hall of famers if not for that 19 movement potential!

Anyways, Some interesting choices on who to go for at least for the top 3-5 teams this year. (I'll let you all figure out if that is a good thing or bad thing)

Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #37
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the heads up
Old 07-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #38
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Anyways, Some interesting choices on who to go for at least for the top 3-5 teams this year. (I'll let you all figure out if that is a good thing or bad thing)

That makes me feel ok about being at the bottom again.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #39
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the heads up

Don't hurt yourself there.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #40
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 4:

Browne pitches for Edmonton vs Jorge Martinez for Napa Valley

Edmonton jumps to the early lead as they score 2 runs in the top of the 2nd, followed by 3 more in the third thanks to a Broomhead RBI single and a 2-run RBI double from Garcia. After 2 1/2 innings, Edmonton leads 5-0 and they chase Martinez out of the game before the 3rd inning is even over!

Edmonton scores another run in the 4th on a Broomhead Sacrifice fly to go up 6-0 and that should put the game away for good... or does it?

Nate Wallace finally beaks up the shutout for Napa Valley as he hits a Solo home run in the 5th to cut the Edmonton lead down to 6-1. It is not until the 7th inning however when Browne runs out of gas. He hits Fen with a pitch to lead off the inning, then gives up a single to Chavez, double to wallace, and walk to Vega, only getting one out in there before he is pulled.

Lujan follows with a pinch-hit RBI single ans Velona also has a RBI single to help get Napa Valley back into this one, now trailing after 7 innings only by 1: 6-5.

The Winemakers continue to slap around the Edmonton bullpen in the bottom of the 8th as Gathee scores on an error by the centerfielder and then Fuentes hits a pinch hit RBI-single to give Napa Valley a come from behind 8-6 lead.

Edmonton is unable to break through against Pat Johnson in the top of the 9th, and Napa Valley wins this one!

Napa Valley 8, Edmonton 6

Napa Valley leads the series 3 games to 1

Old 07-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Way to go, Retter. Nice to get that sort of start from him, and against BRod, too. Retter has some good talent, but he didn't much pitch like it this season. I am crossing my fingers his ratings will translate better on the field next year.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #42
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Don't hurt yourself there.

Ha ha ya well I think Eric took the plunge on that kinda guy 2 years ago in the draft with Jean St Cyr. His 4.91 ERA says please look the other way to me.

I actually tried to snatch him up in our trade talks this year too. Id be interested to hear what he thinks about him.

Last edited by muns : 07-21-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 4:

Lawrence Thompson pitches for Ann Arbor vs Alfredo Hernandez for Hammersmith:

Hammersmith jumps to the early lead in this one on a Cuevas RBI single in the 2nd that gives the Hooligans a 1-0 lead. They add three more to that lead on a RBI single from Miguel Rodriguez and a RBI double from doran.

Hernandez pitches well for Hammersmith and that is all of the lead he will need as he goes 7.2 innings an gives up only 1 run on a wild pitch in the 8th over 4 hits.

Nathan Weeks hits a solo home run in the 9th to close the gap to 2, but otherwise Ann Arbor does is not able to get anything else going and they fall to the Hooligans.

Hammersmith 4, Ann Arbor 2

The RLCS is tied up 2-2

Old 07-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ha ha ya well I think Eric took the plunge on that kinda guy 2 years ago in the draft with Jean St Cyr. His 4.91 ERA says please look the other way to me.

I actually tried to snatch him up in our trade talks this year too. Id be interested to hear what he thinks about him.

If you want to know what I think.. St-Cyr might be ok like that as a relief pitcher (but he's going to be Edmonton's version of Mitch Williams).. I don't think I would have the stomach to have a starting pitcher like that. Maybe if they played in a pitcher's park they can hide a bit.. but that is still like asking to invest into peptobismol.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #45
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
RLCS Game 4:

Lawrence Thompson pitches for Ann Arbor vs Alfredo Hernandez for Hammersmith:

Hammersmith jumps to the early lead in this one on a Cuevas RBI single in the 2nd that gives the Hooligans a 1-0 lead. They add three more to that lead on a RBI single from Miguel Rodriguez and a RBI double from doran.

Hernandez pitches well for Hammersmith and that is all of the lead he will need as he goes 7.2 innings an gives up only 1 run on a wild pitch in the 8th over 4 hits.

Nathan Weeks hits a solo home run in the 9th to close the gap to 2, but otherwise Ann Arbor does is not able to get anything else going and they fall to the Hooligans.

Hammersmith 4, Ann Arbor 2

The RLCS is tied up 2-2

Its now a series folks!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #46
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Napa Valley 8, Edmonton 6

Napa Valley leads the series 3 games to 1

EEP!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you want to know what I think.. St-Cyr might be ok like that as a relief pitcher (but he's going to be Edmonton's version of Mitch Williams).. I don't think I would have the stomach to have a starting pitcher like that. Maybe if they played in a pitcher's park they can hide a bit.. but that is still like asking to invest into peptobismol.

Well you have peeked my interest in seeing what this starter looks like.

Cyr still looks good, but this years stats are nasty for a guy with that potential. Ill be following him for a few years to see how his stats turn out for sure.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #48
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

After blwoing the 5-0 lead I'm not sure anyone wants to hear what Eric is thinking right now....

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #49
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
After blwoing the 5-0 lead I'm not sure anyone wants to hear what Eric is thinking right now....

I'm pretty sure we already know. But it's not over yet...and I'm completely holding my breath over here.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 5:

Morgan pitches for Edmonton (1-0 0.00 ERA this postseason)
vs
Montoya for Napa Valley (1-0 0.00 ERA this postseason)

Napa Valley jumps on Morgan early as Montoya the pitcher helps his own cause in the bottom of the second with a RBI double to go up 1-0 vs Edmonton. The Edge respond immediately in the top of the third however on a solo home run by Pina that ties things up 1-1.

The Winemakers show no signs of slowing down however in the bottom of the inning with a RBI single from Diaz and a 2-run RBI double from Chavez, Napa Valley goes up 4-1.

Edmonton shows signs of desperation as they pinch hit for their pitcher in the top of the 5th, but the pinch hitter Conboy slams one 431 feet for a solo home run that cuts the lead down to 4-2!

Edmonton deciding to do a test for Muns, brings in St-Cyr to pitch the bottom of the 5th. He indeed does his best Mitch Williams impression as he gives up a lead off single to Velona, walks Gathee on 4 straight before Fen reaches thanks to an Error by the Right fielder! With the bases loaded, Chavez hits one to the center fielder which is caught, but the runner at third tags up and scores easily. Wallace follows with a RBI single and that is all for St-Cyr! Napa Valley ends up scoring three runs in the inning and go up 7-2!

Edmonton's spirit is broken, as they manage to only score once in the remainder of the game. Montoya pitches 7.1 innings, allowing only 2 earned runs on 7 hits and Napa Valley knocks Edmonton out of the playoffs!

Napa Valley 7, Edmonton 3

Napa Valley is the 2028 Continental League Champions!