Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL 2037 Regular Season

We've finally made it to opening day. In what feels to me like the longest offseason in a while, it has only been one week since last season! We're ready for the kick off of the 77th season in FOOL history, also the first season for the Newark Terriers and the Hyannis Patriots.

To make TeachEnEspanol happy, we'll sim early. I'll kick off the sim at 8:59 and 59 seconds so she does not have to wait one second longer to see what will happen!

In news around the league, the Hammersmith Hooligans have announced a new jersey for the 2037 season.

2036 Prado Award Winner Vicente 'Basher' Betancourt seen here in the new Hammersmith jersey:

2036 Benny Myers Award Winner Horiuchi Higashi in the new jersey:

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
To make TeachEnEspanol happy, we'll sim early. I'll kick off the sim at 8:59 and 59 seconds so she does not have to wait one second longer to see what will happen!

Now, if it's not too much trouble...on a team that just keeps getting more and more expensive...and in the face of stupid Edmonton and others like them (ahem Boston, Baltimore...) can you also ensure that we finally win this season? I'm pretty sure we won't unless we can secure your blessing up front. So yeah, I hope I'm not asking too much.

Last edited by TeachEnEspanol : 09-21-2009 at 07:58 AM.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

Those are sharp looking Hammersmith unis there. Nice work!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:

This would be a bad time to do a chief impression? I might need a little extra time...
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
This would be a bad time to do a chief impression? I might need a little extra time...

It doesn't run for another hour. So you should have time

Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, afk for the next hour to watch the first part of House

Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ok, afk for the next hour to watch the first part of House

Enjoy the spiraling out of control story line, I know my girlfriend will. I wish these damn shows would keep the formula that works while incorporating minor tweaks.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Kidding aside, the PC that has 9 on it is running updates while I'm in weekly chat for my Statistics class....which is incredibly frustrating that its mandatory, I'm pretty much the unofficial TA since the class is loaded with dopes. Thank god its my last undergrad pre-req to start taking biz school grad classes. As soon as the professor learns to type or chat wraps up, I can shut down this computer and get the other one back online. I should make it under the wire. I'm gonna suck anyway.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Those are sharp looking Hammersmith unis there. Nice work!

All credit to Alan, who did the design. All I did was work the ole thumb in an affirmative gesture.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
cgould43
High School JV

I think we have a very good lineup, espicially the OF. But out pitching staff is just not good. We'll see what happens...I'm guessing 4th or 5th in the division.
cgould43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ranking the RL pitching staffs (for fun):

1. Hartford-- deepest rotation, and then pen is workmanlike
2. Colorado-- one of top aces, decent rotation, and some good arms in the pen; depth is not good
3. New York-- a great pen, decent rotation, but there's no real headliner
4. Hammersmith-- top heavy rotation, some solid pen arms; lack of quality depth hurts rating
5. Ann Arbor-- Some good arms in the rotation, but little quality or depth in pen
6. Chico-- a solid rotation, but the pen needs a lot of work
7. Hyannis-- A lot of 'C' guys--no one who is a threat to win an award; pens can go that way; but rotations get shelled

This is all cursory, for the most part. Did not even look at anyone below AAA.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Is it 8:59:59 yet?

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I've exported.

My pitching doesn't deserve to be ranked 7th. Its worse. Its horrendous.

It would be pretty good in FOOL H though.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Kidding aside, the PC that has 9 on it is running updates while I'm in weekly chat for my Statistics class....which is incredibly frustrating that its mandatory, I'm pretty much the unofficial TA since the class is loaded with dopes. Thank god its my last undergrad pre-req to start taking biz school grad classes. As soon as the professor learns to type or chat wraps up, I can shut down this computer and get the other one back online. I should make it under the wire. I'm gonna suck anyway.

that sounds brutal. Good luck with the class my friend!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post
Enjoy the spiraling out of control story line, I know my girlfriend will. I wish these damn shows would keep the formula that works while incorporating minor tweaks.

I never did get "into" house. The main guy just turns me off. Not sure if its his voice or how he acts or whatever, but i cant watch it.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ranking the CL staffs:

1. Napa Valley-- Best rotation in FOOL; the pen is a contender for the best, too
2. Boston-- Doesn't quite have the horse of some others, but has a deep rotation and a handful of fantastic arms in the pen
3. Baltimore-- One of top rotations in the game; the pen has some good arms, too, although quality depth is an issue
4. Edmonton-- Has some of the top arms in the league, but still needs to throw in some bottom dwellers to complete the staff; no middle talent guys
5. Tokyo-- Out and out talent is in short supply, but there are a lot of giterdun guys in this group; fairly deep
6. Apex-- Not too many wow guys, although there is good depth of guys who have can get the job done to an extent
7. Newark-- Less depth than expansion mate Hyannis in RL, but best guys are slightly better than Hyannis' best

FTR, hands down, the top four staffs in this league are better than any staff in the RL--and it's not close.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok, 8:59:59, time for the sim!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #18
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
ok, 8:59:59, time for the sim!

That's my new favorite time ever!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #19
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ranking the CL staffs:

1. Napa Valley-- Best rotation in FOOL; the pen is a contender for the best, too
2. Boston-- Doesn't quite have the horse of some others, but has a deep rotation and a handful of fantastic arms in the pen
3. Baltimore-- One of top rotations in the game; the pen has some good arms, too, although quality depth is an issue
4. Edmonton-- Has some of the top arms in the league, but still needs to throw in some bottom dwellers to complete the staff; no middle talent guys
5. Tokyo-- Out and out talent is in short supply, but there are a lot of giterdun guys in this group; fairly deep
6. Apex-- Not too many wow guys, although there is good depth of guys who have can get the job done to an extent
7. Newark-- Less depth than expansion mate Hyannis in RL, but best guys are slightly better than Hyannis' best

FTR, hands down, the top four staffs in this league are better than any staff in the RL--and it's not close.

Edmonton is my pick for number 1 this year.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I never did get "into" house. The main guy just turns me off. Not sure if its his voice or how he acts or whatever, but i cant watch it.

I love House!
I dont have cable, i just buy the seasons of the shows i like, and I have all 5 house seasons!
House and Dexter!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, April 1st, 2037
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR J. Cruz to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $2,852,500.
Baltimore Charm: Signed SP D. Taylor to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $13,275,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR L. Rivera to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $7,290,000.
Chico Rebels: Signed free agent 2B L. Ryall to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Charm: Signed MR K. Renfro to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $557,500.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent C P. Loveless to a 1-year contract worth a total of $5,500,000.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
I love House!
I dont have cable, i just buy the seasons of the shows i like, and I have all 5 house seasons!
House and Dexter!

Those are the two series that I have all of their seasons on DVD! (well and I have the Wire and The Tudors too).

My wife bought House season 5 for me the day it came out as a gift for just being me

Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #23
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ranking the CL lineups

1. Tokyo-- 4-5 elite hitters, deep lineup of supporters, very good lineup
2. Edmonton-- Has 3 of the best to lead the way, but depth falls short quickly
3. Baltimore-- A couple of the best, and then a cadre of one talent guys--great CON guys, little POW; great POW guys, little CON; it's a combo I have seen work before
4. Apex-- There are some batting title contenders on this team, but a lack of depth and pop hurts them in the long run
5. Boston-- Reliance on CON gives Boston the edge over the Winemakers, but lack of pop really hurts them
6. Napa Valley-- Two standouts and a couple guys who flirt with dangerous, but this is not a deep lineup at all
7. Newark-- They sure do have a lot of guys in the organization (I like Ward and Jackson)

Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:

Thats what makes it great. I love watching who he pisses off next lol.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #25
cgould43
High School JV

i just watched an hour of old scrubs...that show just makes me giggle...I don't know what it is...

...I know that sounded a little homosexual
Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, did you guys notice I am here? Woot! Someone asked for my shift tonight. I said heck yeah, I want to watch some football (and maybe play a little fake baseball, too ).

Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #27
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
BTW, did you guys notice I am here? Woot! Someone asked for my shift tonight. I said heck yeah, I want to watch some football (and maybe play a little fake baseball, too ).

You know whats sad. I was thinking we had more comments at this time than normal, but it never clicked it was becuase your here. I like it!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Glad to have you!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #29
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Free TV sites. Not like Hulu.

Watch Full TV-Shows Online For Free - alluc.org Free Movie Tv-Show Anime Online Stream Downloads
Megastic.com - Enjoy !!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #30
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Everyone blame Apex for having way too many people on their roster holding things up!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #31
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgould43 View Post
i just watched an hour of old scrubs...that show just makes me giggle...I don't know what it is...

that had me laughing out loud for real
Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #32
cgould43
High School JV

what i could've sworn i exported with the right amount...oh well..sorry guys and girl
Old 09-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #33
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ranking the RL lineups

1. Chico-- Four of the best in the game, surrounded by a small handful of table setters; depth is a mild issue, but of less consequence in a no-injury league
2. Colorado-- There are guys here who can do things at an elite level, but the lineup quality falls quickly after them
3. Ann Arbor-- Some top guys who can do some damage here; depth is a little poor, but it doesn't fall away as fast as some in the other league
4. Hammersmith-- Deep lineup with lots of options, but just no real top guys; only nine guys can see the field at once in the RL
5. New York-- This lineup can generate some POW, but the lack of a real bomber and an overall shortage of CON hitters limits the runs it can generate
6. Hyannis-- Very solid depth and quality for an expansion team, but the lack of power will keep them down
7. Hartford-- hyde has made clear he's not in the running; this lineup is not a very good one

Old 09-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what i could've sworn i exported with the right amount...oh well..sorry guys and girl

No worries, I sent down Quinones, Retter, Dimiceli and Dempster. You're all good now!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #35
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Muns says things like "giggle" all the time...no worries
Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #36
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You know whats sad. I was thinking we had more comments at this time than normal, but it never clicked it was becuase your here. I like it!!!

Longevity isn't the only reason I am among the post leaders in this forum.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #37
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, all set with the pre-season stuff. Ready to get the show rolling. Thanks for the preseason preview Chief. Good read while I was doing these

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #38
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No worries, I sent down Quinones, Retter, Dimiceli and Dempster. You're all good now!

Oh, in that case, you're at the bottom of the lineup chart now.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #39
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

HOORAY!

wait a minute...nobody ever throws a party when I show up...

guys?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #40
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Remember the schedule is different now. Not everyone plays every day. Should make things interesting in a new way

8 teams kick off our season on April 1st

Tokyo @ Newark in the first game in New Jersey
Boston @ Edmonton
Hyannis @ Colorado
Hartford @ Hammersmith

Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #41
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

What about the RL lineups!? NVM i'm dumb.

Last edited by buckinbranco : 09-21-2009 at 08:17 PM.
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #42
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Those are the two series that I have all of their seasons on DVD! (well and I have the Wire and The Tudors too).

My wife bought House season 5 for me the day it came out as a gift for just being me

I am on Eps 8 of Season 5 of House....not sure what I am going to watch next!

Although i see on the link that Montreal posted (thanks for that btw!!!!!) that Dexter s.4 e.1 is posted online...so I know what i am doing tonight!!!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh, the All Star game is back in July now as well, so look for the mid season break a little later in the calendar now

Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #44
cgould43
High School JV

Quote:

First pick here I come.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #45
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Muns says things like "giggle" all the time...no worries

way below the belt there teach..........
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #46
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
First pick here I come.

not so fast my friend lol.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #47
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sunday, April 5th, 2037: Estrada Gets Number 2500
Winged Lingerines right fielder Jesús Estrada went 1-for-1 and reached the 2500-hit milestone yesterday, but Ann Arbor still lost the game 7-4 to the Colorado Rancheros.

Estrada has registered a career batting average of .332 with 2500 hits, 172 homers and 1074 RBIs.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #48
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

12 people online tonight! Who are the two slackers that are missing out??

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #49
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
12 people online tonight! Who are the two slackers that are missing out??

That is pretty damn impressive!!!!! Awesome stuff!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lemieux becomes the first to take advantage of an expansion team.

Wednesday, April 8th, 2037: Lemieux Hurls Napa Valley to Shutout Win
The Newark Terriers had no answer today for Winemakers pitcher Renaud Lemieux. They failed to score a single run against him, losing 13-0. Newark managed only 2 hits off Lemieux and suffered 10 strikeouts.