Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #451
BigDPW
College Prospect

I have noticed one thing I miss from the FM series when I play the EHM demo is the lack of options from right-clicking on a player... The one's on your team when you right click should give you the option to do everything you can from the action menu... Instead it gives you a few options but not many useful ones... This would avoid having to go to the player card for most actions...

It is a very small thing but I like the way FM streamlines those actions by allowing you to do them from any screen with the players name on it...

I am really looking forward to the Digital Download version and I am sad I did not go ahead and plunk the cash for the game from go gamer...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #452
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Come on, SI! Get them to hash this stuff out! I want the game!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #453
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

According to SI site...looks like "tomorrow or thursday " for the DD- Per Mr Duffy.

Last edited by Bea-Arthurs Hip : 06-14-2005 at 08:49 AM.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #454
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW
I have noticed one thing I miss from the FM series when I play the EHM demo is the lack of options from right-clicking on a player... The one's on your team when you right click should give you the option to do everything you can from the action menu... Instead it gives you a few options but not many useful ones... This would avoid having to go to the player card for most actions...

It is a very small thing but I like the way FM streamlines those actions by allowing you to do them from any screen with the players name on it...

I am really looking forward to the Digital Download version and I am sad I did not go ahead and plunk the cash for the game from go gamer...

Agreed. I want to be able to send someone to the minors via right-click.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #455
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dammit, I was hoping to have something to download this evening. Oh well, I've waited this long.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #456
BigDPW
College Prospect

I was off work today and could have really used this game to blow my day with... I have been hooked by the Gold Demo... I could never really get into the original EHM last year for some reason... I have been GMing the Hurricanes (my hometown team) and we suck... I wish we had more prospect depth to work with and in the demo I obviously can't have the fun of using all of the draft picks I have aquired for various spare parts... I so want to start a new career having gotten my feet wet with the demo and see if I can make a run a Sidney Crosby or the playoffs despite the Cane's short comings... I will be on call tomorrow so the first time I may get to play the DD version if it comes out tomorrow will probably be this weekend...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #457
rexallllsc
Banned

Ok. I'm 0-5-1 with the Kings. I'm having the same exact problems I had last year (even when my roster was stacked).

Always playing from behind.

Just weird. Any tips? What can I possibly be doing this wrong? It's like a recurring dream.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #458
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Ok. I'm 0-5-1 with the Kings. I'm having the same exact problems I had last year (even when my roster was stacked).

Always playing from behind.

Just weird. Any tips? What can I possibly be doing this wrong? It's like a recurring dream.

I'd love to offer some help, but I am not a great tactician by any stretch of the imagination. I recently switched the play the neutral zone trap. That has worked to some degree. I try to mess around with the shoot/pass bias and board-play. Other than that, I don't tinker so much.

Is it that you're letting an early goal in? Letting too many in? Not scoring enough?

I find that I play much better at home then away. I win most of my home games and I not only lose my away games, I tend to get blown out 6-0, 4-1 type games.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:05 PM   #459
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Finally got my first career started and I'm having a blast so far. Took control of the Everett Silvertips in the WHL and I've been blessed with the opportunities of having my head scout leave to the Sabres and my top enforcer signing with an NHL team as well. Excellent!

A right winger also got an offer from another team (hasn't signed yet), but I've already begun the search for a replacement and this caused me to stumble upon something. I sent a scout out using the WHL and right wing as criteria for his search. I finally got some recommendations back and instead of just right wingers my scout has been evaluating the whole WHL. That doesn't seem right. Anyone else have a similar experience before?

Still having fun though and hopefully I'll turn this into a dynasty after getting a year or two under my belt.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #460
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm in the offseason with my Devils now, right after the draft. Scott Gomez and John Madden want too much money, but I still have their rights, so I'll get some compensation if they go. Scott Stevens has decided to return for another year. I'm trying to get Bryan Berard out of Edmonton, but the Oilers want my next two second-round draft picks and a million dollars. I'm trying to talk them into next year's second- and seventh-round picks, plus the following year's third-round pick, and the million bucks. I only want Berard because I don't think I can convince Rafalski to come back. He's getting offers from seemingly every team in the league.

I might have to bring my first-round pick up to Albany immediately. I need a scorer, and I need him to develop fast. I understand that I'm risking him by putting him at too high a level too soon, but I might need this guy by the end of the season. I think I'm going to be the type of GM that's way tough on the kids.

Edit: The Oilers sent Bryan Berard to Montreal. Now I need to give Rafalski a blowjob to try to get him back to New Jersey, because I need a good defense partner for Scott Niedermayer. Now that the Oilers have sent Berard to Montreal, they're making offers to Rafalski! Augh!

Edit #2: Also, the Rangers won the Sidney Crosby lottery. Now this guy is going to be in my division.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 06-14-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #461
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I'm in the offseason with my Devils now, right after the draft. Scott Gomez and John Madden want too much money, but I still have their rights, so I'll get some compensation if they go. Scott Stevens has decided to return for another year. I'm trying to get Bryan Berard out of Edmonton, but the Oilers want my next two second-round draft picks and a million dollars. I'm trying to talk them into next year's second- and seventh-round picks, plus the following year's third-round pick, and the million bucks. I only want Berard because I don't think I can convince Rafalski to come back. He's getting offers from seemingly every team in the league.

I might have to bring my first-round pick up to Albany immediately. I need a scorer, and I need him to develop fast. I understand that I'm risking him by putting him at too high a level too soon, but I might need this guy by the end of the season. I think I'm going to be the type of GM that's way tough on the kids.

Edit: The Oilers sent Bryan Berard to Montreal. Now I need to give Rafalski a blowjob to try to get him back to New Jersey, because I need a good defense partner for Scott Niedermayer. Now that the Oilers have sent Berard to Montreal, they're making offers to Rafalski! Augh!

Edit #2: Also, the Rangers won the Sidney Crosby lottery. Now this guy is going to be in my division.

Who did you grab in the first round in 2005?

I had 3 first round picks that year: Anze Kopitar, Jack Johnson, and Michael Blunden. I am in my fourth season now... I brought Kopitar up immediately, but he's been travelling between the NHL and AHL. Johnson has been one of my top 4 d-men since his first year. Blunden has finally made it to the NHL. He's hovering around my 3rd and 4th lines, but playing pretty well.

Good luck! Crosby has been putting up decent, but not godlike (when I say godlike, I mean Heatly and Kovalchuk like) numbers. He's averaging around a point a game so far this season. Though his attributes are off the charts!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #462
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW

The FM right-click system would be nice, but remember that EHM is still built on the older CM3 engine. With the older code, there are some things that Graeme, who did the right-click coding, found were impossible to make right-clickable.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #463
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Who did you grab in the first round in 2005?

Michael Blunden was my guy. My coach and scout wanted me to draft defense, but I'm hoping to just lean on Brodeur for another year or two, and I'll make a trade if I need to bring another defenseman in. Blunden is going to get some chances to make the NHL team during camp, but I'm pretty sure that he'll spend almost all season in Albany. If he just can't cut it yet, I'll (reluctantly) send him to juniors for the season. Maybe with a healthy Langenbrunner, my team will be OK, but it'll be hard to compete if I can't get either Gomez or Madden back.

At least Rafalski signed with me. The blowjob worked.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:34 PM   #464
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Honolulu_Blue

wow you guys play fast.

how long it take you guys to play a season? you guys just simming right?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #465
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I received the game last Thursday, I think, and I just finished my first season on Monday, so that's four days. I didn't play nonstop during all that time either, so it really doesn't take long (unless you want it to). I don't watch or coach any of my games. I just sim them and try to take care of the GM side of things.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #466
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Honolulu_Blue

wow you guys play fast.

how long it take you guys to play a season? you guys just simming right?

I have played too much... Way, way too much.

Pretty much the last two weekends were spent playing the game. Lady HB actually proposed a house rule limiting the amount of time I spend on weekends playing the "hockey game."

I will need to cut back soon. But. it's. so. damned. addictive.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:34 PM   #467
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Just like reality, where the lottery will be rigged in the Rangers favor.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 PM   #468
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I have played too much... Way, way too much.

Pretty much the last two weekends were spent playing the game. Lady HB actually proposed a house rule limiting the amount of time I spend on weekends playing the "hockey game."

I will need to cut back soon. But. it's. so. damned. addictive.

klaywoman walking into the computer room : "Is that another version of that soccer game?"

me : "Nope. This one is hockey!"

klaywoman : "Oh god." Leaves.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:06 AM   #469
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman

klaywoman walking into the computer room : "Is that another version of that soccer game?"

me : "Nope. This one is hockey!"

klaywoman : "Oh god." Leaves.

She left the room so you could keep playing? She's a keeper.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:09 AM   #470
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
She left the room so you could keep playing? She's a keeper.

She knows she lost that fight a long time ago
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 AM   #471
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Just for kicks, I scheduled an exhibition game with the Rangers. Maxim Afinogenov scored 6 goals for me as we routed New York 11-2. Sadly, Sidney Crosby scored one of the Rangers' goals in his first pro appearance. He's going to kick our asses this year.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 06-15-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:45 AM   #472
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Finally got my first career started and I'm having a blast so far. Took control of the Everett Silvertips in the WHL ...

Hey, I'm playing as the Silvertips too. They are my local team and I played with them in last year's EHM. I ended up inviting like 22 guys to training camp and expanded it to 4 teams. Found a couple keepers too. Good luck and I'd love to read a dynasty (although it may get confusing fast).
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:13 AM   #473
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Download, please?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #474
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR
The FM right-click system would be nice, but remember that EHM is still built on the older CM3 engine. With the older code, there are some things that Graeme, who did the right-click coding, found were impossible to make right-clickable.

I'm surprised they didn't update this year to the newer FM engine. Is that in the plans for next year's version of EHM?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 PM   #475
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I'm surprised they didn't update this year to the newer FM engine. Is that in the plans for next year's version of EHM?

Well, the low level engine running beneath the covers is still the CM3 based engine, we've only update it to "look the biz" on the outside, which means better user interface looks etc. But because the low level design is totally different to the one found in FM, there are some things (like full right clicking and xml based skins) we cannot simply do with this system right now. Updating to the low level FM stuff would mean a _lot_ of work and would not be something that could be done within one dev cycle with the amount of hands we've got on the project at the moment. But we're always trying to find new ways to stretch the old war horse to new dimensions so you never know....we might be able to find ways around it further down the road.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #476
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Hey, I'm playing as the Silvertips too. They are my local team and I played with them in last year's EHM. I ended up inviting like 22 guys to training camp and expanded it to 4 teams. Found a couple keepers too. Good luck and I'd love to read a dynasty (although it may get confusing fast).

Dude, I'm getting my ass beaten down for the most part. I too managed to find a few UFAs that are decent (at least I think), this after panicking because I thought that my overage players were going to the NHL for good. Little did I know they would sign, BUT would be sent back on loan.

It's almost December and I've got a winning percentage of under .300 (3-13-6). Problem is that I'm giving up *way* too many shots and not getting enough away offensively. Now I only GM and have Coach Constatine do as much as he can and I'd prefer to keep things that way. It's weird because he's more of a defensive-minded coach. It's almost like we're just getting overmatched by most of these teams give or a take a few. The shots are much more even when playing Portland for example (and thank god they're still sticking around the bottom of the American Division too).

Did you have a similar experience? If so, what would you attribute it too? I thought my team was better than this (or at least the coaching was better).
Old 06-15-2005, 01:05 PM   #477
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Hopefully somewhere down the line we can get more of the WHL rules in the game. While you're only allowed to dress three overage players in the game, you shouldn't be able to carry more than three on your roster past a certain point in the season. It even lists this in the WHL info screen, but the game still allows more than three on a roster. It's also been brought to my attention that there is a rule that only allows teams to have a max of 50 players they can hold CHL rights too. That'd be nice in a future version (or patch).
Old 06-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #478
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Hopefully somewhere down the line we can get more of the WHL rules in the game. While you're only allowed to dress three overage players in the game, you shouldn't be able to carry more than three on your roster past a certain point in the season. It even lists this in the WHL info screen, but the game still allows more than three on a roster. It's also been brought to my attention that there is a rule that only allows teams to have a max of 50 players they can hold CHL rights too. That'd be nice in a future version (or patch).

When you have 3 or more on the roster, you cannot add any overagers anymore. The reason why the limit isn't enforced in the game fully is because if some NHL teams send you prospects and you go over the limit because of only those players, then you cannot release anyone to get below the limit since they are not yours literally in the game but the NHL team's, leaving you a bit stuck.

Real life reserve list sizes are on the to-do list and the code somewhat supports the concept already, so it is incoming some day. Maybe not a patch though since it will require new text and all for the news items about going over these limits etc.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #479
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
When you have 3 or more on the roster, you cannot add any overagers anymore. The reason why the limit isn't enforced in the game fully is because if some NHL teams send you prospects and you go over the limit because of only those players, then you cannot release anyone to get below the limit since they are not yours literally in the game but the NHL team's, leaving you a bit stuck.

Real life reserve list sizes are on the to-do list and the code somewhat supports the concept already, so it is incoming some day. Maybe not a patch though since it will require new text and all for the news items about going over these limits etc.

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. It certainly hasn't hampered the fun factor that much as I've been playing for 15 of the last 24 hours.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #480
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. It certainly hasn't hampered the fun factor that much as I've been playing for 15 of the last 24 hours.

Heh...no matter how many posts like this I see, it always brings a smile to my face. Someone from Finland posted on another board that he managed about 13 hours straight with the game once he bought it. Somehow I get the feeling that we are onto something here
Old 06-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #481
jbmagic
Pro Starter

riz

awesome game.. time goes by so fast

i am little confused on teamorders vs Tactics line orders.

some things are the same on both. so which one will override the other?

for example hitting. if i set team order to hard and tactic line order to normal, which one will it follow?

and still confuse also on individual orders, team order and tactic line order. some things are all the same in all three. not sure which one will overide the others?

thanks
Old 06-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #482
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Heh...no matter how many posts like this I see, it always brings a smile to my face. Someone from Finland posted on another board that he managed about 13 hours straight with the game once he bought it. Somehow I get the feeling that we are onto something here

You definitly are.. no doubt about it. I have the utmost in faith the game will continue to evolve.. I drool just thinking about a fully functional 2D match engine.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #483
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
i am little confused on teamorders vs Tactics line orders.

some things are the same on both. so which one will override the other?

for example hitting. if i set team order to hard and tactic line order to normal, which one will it follow?

and still confuse also on individual orders, team order and tactic line order. some things are all the same in all three. not sure which one will overide the others?

I thought JeffR had done a pretty good job answering this for you over on SI's forum:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...5/m/1792086631
Old 06-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #484
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

DD?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #485
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I thought JeffR had done a pretty good job answering this for you over on SI's forum:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...5/m/1792086631

he kinda did.

but still not very clear on it. sorry

he said Individual tactics first, then line, then team.

from that it seems like team order wil never get use then.

because a lot of things in line order is the same in team order.

so why have the same things in team order when line order will get use over team order?

Last edited by jbmagic : 06-15-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:50 PM   #486
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
he said Individual tactics first, then line, then team.

from that it seems like team order wil never get use then.

because a lot of things in line order is the same in team order.

so why have the same things in team order when line order will get use over team order?

It all depends on how far you go with giving instructions to your players. If you give instructions to all of your players individually, those instructions will over-ride everything else. Some people that play the game may not want to get that detailed and will only set up how they want their lines to play. If you don't want to over-ride the line orders, don't give individual instructions (leave them on the default "Unit")

It's all just a way to adapt the game to all kinds of players. It's really not that confusing. I think you are trying to make more of it than it really is.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #487
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
It all depends on how far you go with giving instructions to your players. If you give instructions to all of your players individually, those instructions will over-ride everything else. Some people that play the game may not want to get that detailed and will only set up how they want their lines to play. If you don't want to over-ride the line orders, don't give individual instructions (leave them on the default "Unit")

It's all just a way to adapt the game to all kinds of players. It's really not that confusing. I think you are trying to make more of it than it really is.

Or he just wanted to ask another question because he's going for the world record.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #488
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

i got that part down well. between individual orders and line orders. Jeff explain it well too at SI forum. no problem there.

but i am not clear on team orders.

there some things in line orders setting and team orders setting the same. for example Hitting.

so if line order override team orders per JeffR, why have some things the same in line order and team order? if team order not going to use some things that are the same that line order has?

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 06-15-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #489
scooter
High School Varsity

jb,

For the same reason I wrote about with individual orders and line orders. The same applies to team orders and line orders.

Some people don't want to get into the detail of setting up each line and how they play. If that's the case, you can just set the overall team orders and go from there. If later on, you want to set up a special "thug" line, you can go into that line and change their settings. Those line settings will then over-ride what you've set up for the whole team (without affecting the rest of the team).
Old 06-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #490
rexallllsc
Banned

I guess where I'm having problems is just winning. I couldn't win in the first one, and I can't win in this.

I can win in FM/CM, though.

In my last game, I had amazing players and made the playoffs once in 7 years. I appreciate the difficulty, but I can't win no matter what. Any advice here? Am I missing something?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #491
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Direct Download?

(yes, this is going to be a constant until the release )
Old 06-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #492
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I guess where I'm having problems is just winning. I couldn't win in the first one, and I can't win in this.

I can win in FM/CM, though.

In my last game, I had amazing players and made the playoffs once in 7 years. I appreciate the difficulty, but I can't win no matter what. Any advice here? Am I missing something?

in EHM , be sure to do your own practice setup because head coach if you assign to practice wont do everything in the practice screen.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #493
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
in EHM , be sure to do your own practice setup because head coach if you assign to practice wont do everything in the practice screen.

Dont I just set percentages for the 3 items? General, PP, PK?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #494
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dont I just set percentages for the 3 items? General, PP, PK?

yep you have to do yourself because letting head coach handle practice wont. they will leave it at 60%,20%,20%

also you have to assign your coaches to practice and pick no more than 3 categories. that is what recommended to get the best out of your players.

by default it picks just 2 coaches and marks all 7 categories for both
Old 06-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #495
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
also you have to assign your coaches to practice and pick no more than 3 categories. that is what recommended to get the best out of your players.

Who recommends this?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #496
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
yep you have to do yourself because letting head coach handle practice wont. they will leave it at 60%,20%,20%

by default it picks just 2 coaches and marks all 7 categories for both

Yeah, I set those to 50/30/30 (but my PK still sucks). I didn't, however, set the coaches to 3 categories. Is that 3 categories per coach, or 3 categories total?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:44 PM   #497
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, I set those to 50/30/30 (but my PK still sucks). I didn't, however, set the coaches to 3 categories. Is that 3 categories per coach, or 3 categories total?

I'll say with 95% certainty that it's 3 categories per coach.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:56 PM   #498
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Who recommends this?

someone at SI forum says its in the manual. check there if you have the full version

check this site out:
http://ehm.fhockey.com/train.htm
Quote:
When you look at your coaches at the bottom of the training screen, you will see a list of all of your coaches and check boxes beside them linking them to each area of training. By default they are all assigned to every area, this must change! Giving each coach a special area will maximize the effectiveness of your training. I cannot stress enough the importance of a good goalie coach! Goalie coaches should be used on goalies only, other coaches should be used on a max of 3 areas each to maximize their ability to train your players.

and read this thread.
http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...5/m/8922011631

read the whole thing.

Last edited by jbmagic : 06-15-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #499
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll say with 95% certainty that it's 3 categories per coach.

yep
Old 06-15-2005, 08:40 PM   #500
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

So yeaaaaahhhhh, still in my Everett career here and earlier I talked about getting outshot. Well now I've ran into some even fishier stuff. My head coach Kevin Constatine was lured away by the Rangers in mid-January. Okay, no big deal as I was able to hire a pretty good replacement. Constantine left with a 12-21-8 mark and we were in 4th (out of 5) by a pretty decent margin. Well we've managed to reel off quite a streak now. 0-25-1. Yes, 0-25-1. Including one game where I was outshot 108-25 (SOG 59-21). In those 26 games we've been outscored 35 to 128 (1.34 to 4.92). A few things to keep in mind:

-I only GM. I tweaked a few things in practice, including having my coaches have no more than three categories. I have 4 coaches altogether. I've been going with the default 60-20-20 for quite awhile now.

-I haven't done jack with this team, no trades, and just a few minor UFA signings. I figured that I'd ride this season out and just look forward to next season. Nobody wanted any of my older players anyways. And *maybe* we could surprise a few teams in the playoffs. Well not anymore. We're officially done for.

Something has got to give here. There's no way this team was this bad to start off with and I've barely touched the team. I hate to turn on the game here, but something isn't quite right and that's all I'm trying to say.