Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #351
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Yes. Given the new schedule, they can look forward to getting beaten by the Red Wings on a more relevently consistent basis.

I'd be willing to bet that we have a close to .500 record against you over the past ~7 years, so I'd shut your yap

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #352
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
yep, Straka's done no matter what NHL this is

Well the good news for the Rangers then is it is only a 1 year deal. Maybe it is a "we see if you still have it" deal.

Rangers are still trying to court Forsberg and Naslund (seems they come in a tandem).
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #353
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Tuomo Ruutu
Mark Bell
Kyle Calder
Steve McCarthy
Brent Seabrooke
David Bolland
Cam Barker

Decent young players that could be helped out with a few FA aquisitions. They need a goalie though...

(remember these responses are chronological so I haven't gotten to the stupid Aucoin signing)

I disagree 100% about the goalie comment. Thibault is stellar when he stays healthy. I guess that's a big caveat, but they have bigger holes to fill than between the pipes. I've gone from completely disliking Thibault to begrudgingly respecting him to feeling he's a really nice #1 goalie that all but a few teams would probably like to have. Of course no one can predict how players will come off the down time but, when healthy, he's a rock.

SI

Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 PM   #354
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Well, on that front, both can be true. Osgood was adequate (read: 15th best goalie in the NHL, give or take) but not good enough to win a Stanley Cup by himself ala Roy, Brodeur, etc. That said, he wasn't the one who only scored about a goal a game while losing playoff series.

SI
Quote:
I think he was a fine (adequate) goalie and wasn't to blame for the Wings playoff collapses between '99-'01.
Agreed.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 08-02-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #355
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Oilers trade for Pronger

TSN.ca Staff

8/3/2005 1:00:57 AM

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues Senior Vice President & General Manager Larry Pleau announced the club has traded defenceman Chris Pronger to the Edmonton Oilers for defencemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka.

Pronger, 30, won the Norris Trophy in 2000 and is one of the league's most decorated defencemen. He's played for Canada's last two entries in the Winter Olympics.

After missing most of the 2002-2003 season due to a serious wrist injury, Pronger rebounded to have a solid campaign in 2003, 2004, scoring 54 points in 80 games.

Brewer, 26, has played six seasons in the National Hockey League, including the last four with Edmonton while totaling 113 points in 404 games. He averaged 24:38 of ice time per game to lead the Oilers in 2003-04 and led Edmonton defensemen in scoring with 29 points while earning a spot in the 2003 NHL All-Star Game. The Vernon, B.C., native has also represented Team Canada while capturing a gold medal at the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah and winning the championship of the World Cup of Hockey 2004.

"Eric Brewer has been a premier defenseman in the National Hockey League for the past several seasons and we are very excited about the talents he brings to the Blues," said Pleau. "We are also adding two skilled younger defensemen who are clearly up-and-coming players at this level. We're looking forward to having all three of these players in our lineup together one day in the future."

Lynch, 22, made his NHL debut with Edmonton in 2003-04 while appearing in two games. He completed his second season with the Oilers organization in 2004-05 while skating for the Edmonton Road Runners of the American Hockey League. This past season the 6'3'', 214 lbs. defenceman appeared in his 100th career AHL game and recorded his 100th PIM. In 2003-04 while playing with the Toronto Road Runners, prior to the team's move to Edmonton, Lynch was named to the AHL All-Rookie Team and played in the 2004 AHL All-Star Game.

Woywitka, 21, has played the past two seasons in the AHL while splitting time in 2003-04 between the Philadelphia Phantoms and the Toronto Road Runners. The Vermilion, Alberta native played in a combined 82 games that season while notching 28 points on four goals and 24 assists. In 2004-05 the 6-3, 215-pound defenseman was the only member of the Edmonton Road Runners to play in all 80 games, including his 100th career AHL contest. He recorded five-multiple-point games last season. Woywitka was taken by the Philadelphia Flyers in the first round, 27th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft during his four-year tenure with the Red Deer Rebels of the Western Hockey League.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132273

All I can say is...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:18 AM   #356
JeffR
High School JV

Wow, Pronger in Edmonton. Wouldn't have seen that before the new CBA.

A Vancouver radio station is reporting Naslund will re-sign with the Canucks tomorrow.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #357
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade

I guess that means the Oilers are not chasing Niedermayer anymore? Unless he's going to be the #1 center we so desperately need.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:02 AM   #358
Travis
Pro Rookie

Lowe made a great move here. I wish it could have been Jason Smith in the deal instead of Brewer, but oh well. Pronger is a name that will definitely help in the effort to attract top tier free agents to Edmonton.

Though really, I wouldn't be all that sad to see the Oilers tie up some money in Niedermayer. It'd give us a 1-6 set of defensemen that would be as good if not better than any in the league and a great pair of guys to help the youngsters (Bergeron and Semenov) develop. Throw in one big time forward and the team would be looking pretty complete at that point, and I'm not 100% but I think financially it wouldn't be unreasonable to add two more guys in that price range (and I think it would make more sense than trying to add a #1 and #2 center).

It won't happen that way but would our powerplay ever get a kick in the right direction adding that pair of defensemen.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:12 AM   #359
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Has anyone heard what Pronger signed for after being traded? I've heard $5.5 over 5, but I'm not sure if that's close to official or just people talking.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:28 AM   #360
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
Trade Toronto and Nashville and it'd work. Also, you can up the bloodsport quotient by moving Colorado into the Norris, especially if the new NHL is going to place emphasis on division rivalries.

So, it'd be a Norris Division of Detroit, Toronto, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado, Minnesota and St. Louis. Feel the love.

Oh man, that'd be pretty all over.

SI

Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 AM   #361
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Latest from Eklund (still needs to be confirmed from one acutally reliable source) Aucoin signed with Chicago at $4 million a year for four years (need to confirm). I think that's a pretty good deal for Chicago. Aucoin is a few years younger than Zubov/Foote. He can play like 57 minutes a night. He's physical, can kill penalties, and has a big shot from the point. I like this signing.

Seriously? You liked this deal for the Hawks (or as a Wings fan )? I thought it was way overpaying for a guy not in the same league as the other two, tho he is a bit younger. I figured Aucoin was worth 2.5, maybe 3 to the right team but 4M for 4 seemed too much.

SI

Old 08-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #362
bbor
Pro Starter

Damn...am i the only one to think giving up Brewer and Woywitka is too much for Pronger?I really like Brewer...and if the NHL is going to be free flowing i like him even more.Pronger is an obstruction type defenceman who will have to change his game in the "new" NHL.

Has anyone seen or heard from JFJ?

If he waits any longer to sign anyone all he is gonna get is Robert Riechel.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:50 AM   #363
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms
Several Dallas radio stations reporting Modano has re-signed. Apparently supported by this: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....35a26a5e.html

Just noticed that at the bottom of this article, the Stars have signed Martin Skoula.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 AM   #364
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Damn...am i the only one to think giving up Brewer and Woywitka is too much for Pronger?I really like Brewer...and if the NHL is going to be free flowing i like him even more.Pronger is an obstruction type defenceman who will have to change his game in the "new" NHL.

Brewer was probably gone in two years when he hit 28, and he's been getting an increasing amount of criticism for the way his development seems to have leveled off. Pronger has apparently signed a five-year deal, and he gives the Oilers' D a better offensive presence than they'd get from Brewer and a better physical one than they would from Woywitka and/or Lynch.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 AM   #365
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Seriously? You liked this deal for the Hawks (or as a Wings fan )? I thought it was way overpaying for a guy not in the same league as the other two, tho he is a bit younger. I figured Aucoin was worth 2.5, maybe 3 to the right team but 4M for 4 seemed too much.

SI

I like the deal for the Hawks. I actually think Aucoin is more valuable than Zubov and Hatcher. I just don't think he's gotten the recognition he deserves because he was exiled to Long Island oh these many years (sorry RPI). The guy is a work horse. I think he played more minutes than any player (or close to it) back in 03-04. He's got a great, heavy shot, kills penalties, he does it all. While $4 million may be a bit high, I still think this is a move in the right direction. He's a very good 1-2 defenseman.

Perhaps I like Aucoin too much.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 08-03-2005, 08:22 AM   #366
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

Same with Craig Patrick. I would have like Aucoin in Pittsburgh since I don't think they would be able to get Niedermayer or Rafalski. I think Rafalski is their top priority now.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:23 AM   #367
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Naslund stays with the Nucks.
3 * $6 Million
Old 08-03-2005, 08:44 AM   #368
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj
Has anyone heard what Pronger signed for after being traded? I've heard $5.5 over 5, but I'm not sure if that's close to official or just people talking.

5 years, $6.25 mil each, per TSN.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:58 AM   #369
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

interesting that there is like NO word on Forsberg.

that silence, and the fact that Naslund stayed in Vancouver makes me very, very hopeful
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #370
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:

Whats the rush, im pretty happy he hasnt really paid anyone who signed so far that kind of money....With the exception of Demitra, Amonte, and Stillman. Everyone else seems to be overpaid, and for long term deals. If we wait, alot of other teams cap space will be gone, and their will be some bargains out there. Remember, we did get Jeff O'neal, ist not like he doesnt count
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #371
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Apparently Eklund is reporting that JFJ and Kenny Holland were on a fishing trip together just off of Prince Edward Island.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #372
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Oilers trade for Pronger

F*&^!
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #373
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
F*&^!
Maybe your Flames can find a time machine and get the Amonte from 5 years ago, to battle Pronger
TML
Old 08-03-2005, 09:53 AM   #374
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wings fans are fretting like mad at the moment. First, they all want the Wings to add some toughness. They are worried that losing McCarty and Hatcher leaves a void. I can't remember the last pure "tough guy" that played regularly for the Wings. Stu Grimson maybe? Still, it may happen. They do have Daryl Bootland and Ryan Barnes down on the farm if need be.

Anyway, after signing Yzerman the Wings have about $12 million left within the cap and they need to sign about 10 or so players. That works out to an average of $1.2 million per guy. Now, you take into account that a good portion of that $12 million will have to go to Zetterberg and Datsyuk (if they sign at all, BIG question marks about that), that leaves pretty much peanuts for the rest.

I think it could be safe to expect contract talks between the Wings and Datsyuk and Zetterberg to be VERY slow and VERY difficult. The Wings not likely to haul in any big name guys (eg, Khabibuhlin).

Even if you assume the Wings can bring Datsyuk and Zetterberg into the fold, the line-up as it stands has holes bigger than a bunch of "complimentary" players will likely be able to fill.

Times they are a changin'
Old 08-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #375
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

In a way, I'm glad they took a season off, because the teams are going to look so different this year that the year off makes it easier to deal with. It's like they started a new league and redrafted teams.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-03-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #376
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Roto has a blurb from the Calgary Sun about Iginla not signing with the Flames. His agents are saying he has not signed a deal.

Red Wings made an offer to Chris Chelios.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #377
Johnny93g
College Starter

An example of how Toronto media talking out of their ass

JFJ runing Leafs

GM ruining LeafsSo far, Ferguson out to lunch in new NHL
By STEVE SIMMONS

JOHN FERGUSON hasn't looked so cool with how he has handled some of the Maple Leafs' affairs. (Michael Peake, SUN files)
TWO DAYS into the brave new hockey world and already John Ferguson's reputation is taking a pounding.

What, players and agents are wondering, is the general manager of the Maple Leafs doing?

The answers, however varied, are not encouraging.

Ferguson's clumsy handling of negotiations with Gary Roberts and Joe Nieuwendyk -- where he attempted to have close friend Roberts undercut close friend Nieuwendyk -- sent a cryptic message to those within the industry. And then, to follow that up with a desperation offer to Nieuwendyk, after first trying an end run on him, only demonstrated his own inexperience in deal making.

Players talk. Word gets around fast. The Leafs have suddenly become an exit ramp instead of a destination. Those who play for the team and those who want to play for the team now wonder amongst themselves about the lack of buyouts, about free-agent qualifying offers, about a team that appears to be heading nowhere.

There were 57 messages on Roberts' cellular phone on Monday, almost of all them from players around the NHL. Not coincidentally, Adam Foote, hoping to play for the Leafs, signed a long-term contract in Columbus, where no one grows up dreaming of playing for the Blue Jackets.

Just last week, board chairman Larry Tanenbaum described the Leafs as the "No. 1 franchise in the National Hockey League." Today, we might demand a recount, as the No. 1 franchise is finding itself forced to dine out on other people's table scraps.

The way Ferguson has positioned this team in the post-lockout NHL has one wondering exactly why Pat Quinn was replaced as general manager in the first place.

Ferguson insisted the Leafs would be competitive this coming season. He has not wavered from that stance. But how is that going to be possible?

Ferguson has said he had a plan heading into the re-establishment of the NHL, but no plan is evident. And the notion that he is clearing cap room to take a run at younger free agents a year from now makes nice logic if: a) you believe it; b) you think players such as Vinny Lecavalier, Joe Thornton and Jarome Iginla won't be signed long term by then; c) he has the foresight and long-term confidence to write-off an entire season and deal with the fall-out from that.

The largest problem for the Leafs is how little money they have and how the player market -- post lockout -- hasn't corrected itself as much as many expected it to. Conventional wisdom was there would be a significant drop in player contract values in the new economic world.

So far, that hasn't been the case.

Quality defenceman such as Foote, Adrian Aucoin, Derian Hatcher and Mike Rathje have all signed in the $3-million to $4-million range per season. That's more money than even some optimistic of agents were banking on.

Yesterday, quality forwards but not star players such as Glen Murray, Bobby Holik and Pavol Demitra all signed contracts for more than $4 million a season. Which is out of the Leafs' price range because of the way they've bungled their cap situation.

With only a maximum of $9 million left to spend -- and remember, the Leafs and every team have to leave some room available in order to make moves during the season -- Ferguson has the ability to sign one reasonably priced player and not much more than that.

So he will gamble on Jason Allison, who hasn't played a full season in four years and he will hope. And he likely will gamble on Eric Lindros, who he can afford because Lindros missed 100 days of hockey last time there was a season and qualifies for performance bonuses and he will hope.

The No. 1 team in hockey, built on gambling, hoping and inexperience.

A year ago, the Leafs had Nieuwendyk and Roberts and Alexander Mogilny and Owen Nolan and Brian Leetch and Tie Domi -- all of them real pros -- on a team that wasn't considered good enough.

How is John Ferguson going to fix that now?
TML

Last edited by Johnny93g : 08-03-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #378
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Gonchar gets $25M over five years from... the Pens?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #379
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

dola (ack, can't I get a dola! )

From Sportsnet.ca

Pens ink Gonchar

Sportsnet has learned Sergei Gonchar has agreed to a five-year, $25 million deal with Pittsburgh and Jarome Iginla has agreed to a three-year, $21 million contract to remain a Flame.

Last edited by TazFTW : 08-03-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:17 AM   #380
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs

Outstanding singing by the Penguins. Even better than Rafalski.

Lemieux just brought in another partner and they expected the payroll to be about 31 million. Even after signing Crosby, Malkin and Lemieux, they estimated that they would have $10 million left to spend. Even after signing Gonchar have have some room to add some complimentary parts to help the Penalty Kill and 3rd line.

One of their key needs was a top notch defenseman and I think Gonchar fits the bill. He key be the QB on the Power play and anchor a good defense.

A quick look a the Pens rosters:

First Line: Lemieux-Crosby-Recchi
Second Line: Malone-Malkin-Morozov (if he comes back from Russia)

Plus Milan Kraft and Konstantin Koltsov who are solid NHLers.

I really see 5 quality NHL D-men now: Gonchar, Orpik, Tarnstrom, Jackman and rookie Ryan Whitney who was a top 5 draft pick.

The excitement in Pittsburgh hasn't been this high since the year of Lemiuex's return.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #381
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs

one of the few blueliners signed so far actually worth the money he got.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #382
bbor
Pro Starter

Is'nt Malkin staying in Russia also?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #383
Karim
College Starter

Iginla signs for $21 million/3 years.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #384
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I think it would depend on if the NHL can get the Russia Federation to agree to the new IIHF agreement.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #385
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I think it would depend on if the NHL can get the Russia Federation to agree to the new IIHF agreement.

That's the key holdup now about Malkin playing in Pittsburgh this year. If the transfer agreement is in place, I would expect Malkin to be a Penguin. The CBA governs the size of base salary (which will not change if the offer is made in 2006) and I expect the Pens to include enough bonus' to entice him to come to the NHL.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #386
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:

I have to disagree with this somewhat...thought to preface this, I am a huge Pronger fan, so this may be a biased opinion.

Pronger isn't the skater that Brewer is, but Pronger has one of the best passes I have seen. He can make that long pass to start the attack, and that will be very crucial with the red line gone. Brewer just couldn't do that. He is a good moving defenseman who can join the attack, but I still think Pronger has more offensive upside, and he can log a ton of minutes.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #387
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
one of the few blueliners signed so far actually worth the money he got.

agreed, one of the best signings so far
TML
Old 08-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #388
Simms
FOBL Commish

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132307

Habs resign Kovalev.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #389
Karim
College Starter

Simms beat me to it.

Last edited by Karim : 08-03-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:00 AM   #390
Karim
College Starter

I thought Alexei was going to Pittsburgh. So where is Peter the Great going to go?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #391
Johnny93g
College Starter

Ok, this Eklund guy, he has 4 players listed on his site, rumoured to be going places.....the post was made at 11:11am...with the Gonchar rumour being right

Maple Leafs beat him to the news here.....by 9 minutes....

It seems everything on the site is bs, except the stuff he posts after other outlets have broken the story

im just saying......
TML
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #392
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
Ok, this Eklund guy, he has 4 players listed on his site, rumoured to be going places.....the post was made at 11:11am...with the Gonchar rumour being right

Maple Leafs beat him to the news here.....by 9 minutes....

It seems everything on the site is bs, except the stuff he posts after other outlets have broken the story

im just saying......

Yes. Eklund appears to be about 35% right, 40% of the time.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:29 AM   #393
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so Eklund IS just like DJ Hradek
Old 08-03-2005, 11:29 AM   #394
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
agreed, one of the best signings so far

this is getting scary.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:37 AM   #395
bbor
Pro Starter

Is Ziggy a UFA?

If he is why is no one chasing him?

Old 08-03-2005, 11:38 AM   #396
Karim
College Starter

If anyone cares and has access to the Score, they're showing the Canucks press conference at 1:00 p.m. ET and the Flames press conference at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #397
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD's Sig
currently reading the It's BACK! The 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

lol
Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #398
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Is Ziggy a UFA?

If he is why is no one chasing him?

His is, and they are, just nobody's talking about it. He said in an article earlier this week (Sunday/Monday?) that he thought he'd end up with one of Toronto, Florida, or one other (Isles?). Haven't heard a peep since then though.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #399
bbor
Pro Starter

I'd like to see him here....i think he is highly underated playing for L.A.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #400
Johnny93g
College Starter

3 hours and no news.....grrrrr....
TML