Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #301
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
exactly how much would you wager? right now, this instant - how much would you bet? $5? $24? or were you just making silly talk?

I can't see any way that a person who did NOT like the FM user interface would like the new OOTP one. It's like a hybrid of past OOTP versions' and FM. They tried, but from all the feedback they are getting on it, they probably came up a bit short.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #302
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I can't see any way that a person who did NOT like the FM user interface would like the new OOTP one. It's like a hybrid of past OOTP versions' and FM. They tried, but from all the feedback they are getting on it, they probably came up a bit short.

relax, sally, was just making fun of your "i'd be willing to be" comment.

personally, i like FM's interface.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #303
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
You have to hold your cursor over the up or down arrows and wait for the countries to slowly scroll. It took 25 seconds to click on the change nation dialog and get to the United States.
I don't know about FM, but in EHM I always wondered why they seemed so obsessed with making sure every possible country was represented. I was constantly reminded that it was an international sim, not just a North American one, but it still seemed excessive. That would seem even more true with a baseball game.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #304
SunDevil
College Prospect

Well shouldn't Japan show up first in the list of countries. since they just won the world baseball whatever the hell you call it. Each version the country who wins that year can be listed first. Wouldn't that inspire the americans to field a better and more motivated team. I am so glad I have not ordered this game yet. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone though.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #305
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
I don't know about FM, but in EHM I always wondered why they seemed so obsessed with making sure every possible country was represented. I was constantly reminded that it was an international sim, not just a North American one, but it still seemed excessive.

Short answer: I had some time, I was curious about how hockey was organized in places like South Africa and New Zealand, so I did the research and put them in. It's not like other areas were neglected to get that stuff added. That sort of thing keeps me sane after typing in a few thousand rows of historical player stats.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #306
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
I don't know about FM, but in EHM I always wondered why they seemed so obsessed with making sure every possible country was represented. I was constantly reminded that it was an international sim, not just a North American one, but it still seemed excessive. That would seem even more true with a baseball game.

Well for FM, they sell it in a lot of different countries. And even the smaller countries/teams can participate in soccer tournaments like Concacaf, the European Championship / UEFA championship etc... so it adds a lot of depth/realism even if you're not managing the more obscure countries/teams.

As for OOTP, I supsect it's because a) they are levereaging FM/EHM's code, b) they are trying to sell to many countries along the sames sales lines as FM, and c) Marcus is not American so he's more likely/predisposed to allow for other countries/nations to be modeled.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #307
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Latest Quickstart
Old 06-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #308
Stevebsfan
n00b

Am I completely missing it, or is there not a way to look at the prior years stats on the roster page?

Also, I played a few games out, then resigned as a coach to sim a few seasons and build a history, but now it's hard to find a job. When do GM/manager contracts expire so I know when to look for one? Is it the day after the postseason ends for whatever league they're in?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #309
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'd really like to have access to the screen you see while the game is simming through a season. I want to be able to view that screen whenever I want, even when I'm not simming.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #310
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

All in all, its most certainly a LOT. Normally, I can sit up for hours and play this game -- even past versions -- get into a dynasty and such.

That said, I'm really enjoying the international feel. It gives the game a completely distinctive taste than say, other baseball games which clearly aren't meant for that. It sets it apart.

Is it confusing? Sure is. But EHM kicked my ass for a few days before I really could understand what the hell was going on. And that game obviously has some polish to it.

But I can see how this game is a culture shock for folks who have only played a lot of OOTP or something, because it is a really different game. That said, if they work the kinks out, it'll be even better.

I went to bed last night and my head hurt from starting at the screen with that thing, because it does lack the same engrossing nature to a degree that you had with previous versions of OOTP, but that's because you don't know WHERE to start, I think.

So, I'd say..it's a good game. It's fun and I think its replayability will surpass any previous edition of OOTP, for me anyway.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #311
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

It's confusing, it made my head hurt, but I think it's a great game.

I'm with you on two out of three.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #312
SackAttack
Head Coach

Has anybody found a way yet to set parameters for receiving trade offers?

I've been receiving several trades along the lines of the below:

I haven't found a way to set a team profile like "win now," "develop youth" or anything like that for use with regards to receiving AI offers, and I'm wondering if anybody knows if I'm just looking in the wrong place.

I don't know if I'd have had as much of a problem with this offer if not for the cash request and the fact that the 35 y/o looks like this:

Even as a one-off, not so much a problem. The problem is that every trade offer I've received is pretty similar to this one in terms of offering decrepit old farts with little use on any major league roster and asking for decent to good young kids and cash (at one point, $3 million in cash).
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #313
astrosfan64
College Prospect

One thing I don't understand about the interface complaints. What is the basis of your argument that the FM interface is not solid or well thought out?

FM is the largest text based simmulation in the world. EHM is the second largest simmulation in the world. OOTP is the third largest simmulation in the world.

All of these share a common interface scheme. This scheme is very well implemented and works quite well. Those of you that are complaining about the interface, need to give it a few weeks before you make a decision.

I can't name one interface that is any better then these above.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #314
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
One thing I don't understand about the interface complaints. What is the basis of your argument that the FM interface is not solid or well thought out?

FM is the largest text based simmulation in the world. EHM is the second largest simmulation in the world. OOTP is the third largest simmulation in the world.

All of these share a common interface scheme. This scheme is very well implemented and works quite well. Those of you that are complaining about the interface, need to give it a few weeks before you make a decision.

The FM interface is fantastic. I know my early thoughts re: OOTP 2006 is that it isn't making efficient use (yet) of the codebase SI has provided. It will grow into the interface, I have no concerns on that front, but I don't feel yet like it fits the skin it wears.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #315
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

And Windows is the most popular OS in the world. Does that mean it's the best?

All I know is I've run this game for five freaking hours and I still feel like it's the opposite of fun. After 20 minutes I'm actually pissed off, and that's a shame. I was really looking forward to this game, but now I'm tempted to go back to OOTP5.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #316
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:

Many of us have given many weeks to the FM interface (and earlier variations) and have never found it works well for them. The slowness of the game compounds the interface problem for many people. There is also a lot of clicking to do certain things. For me (and a few others here I know of), a game like Baseball Mogul or Fast Break College Basketball has a much better interface. Those games use simple, streamlined screens to convey a lot of information. FM uses big fonts and graphics that often clutter things up. So, it really isn't for lack of trying that many here don't like the FM interface.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #317
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

What Sack said.

I have ZERO problems with the FM interface. It's intuitive and it feels right. But some of the things in OOTP are simply not intuitive. Again, the absolute best example I can give is the scouting.

I have to go to one spot to scout a player, another to scout a team, another to scout a league, another to scout a country.

All of these screens require multiple clicks to get to. In FM, this isn't a problem. You pick a scout, tell him where to go and he's off. A few clicks, all in the same section of menus and you are done. In OOTP it becomes a chore to set your scouts.

The interface itself is just fine, and I've never understood the people who didn't like it either (different strokes for different folks, no biggie) I don't think we need a wide sweeping series of changes to this interface. What I would like to see are a series of subtle alterations to make things easier to find and easier to get to.

Keep in mind, when you are talking about the people posting in this thread, that it encompasses a group of people who have a ton of text sim experience. It's what led us to this board. Most of us have played every text baseball sim ever released. When you have people with this experience not knowing where the trade screen is without an extensive search, not knowing how to sim multiple years, people not knowing how to find spring training stats without help or a manual?

That isn't good. I spent at least 65% of my time last night LOOKING for things, not playing the game. I never remember doing that in FM or EHM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #318
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
All I know is I've run this game for five freaking hours and I still feel like it's the opposite of fun. After 20 minutes I'm actually pissed off, and that's a shame.

i found this humorous, considering we play these games to have fun.

"i'm actually quite angered right now..." HAHAHAHA
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #319
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you saying you haven't sent one of your scouts to Cambodia yet to scout? I'm thinking this would make a great house rule. And maybe it could incorporate an element from Inside the Park kicked up a notch -- send a scout to Thailand or the Phillippines, he goes out drinking with Steve Kuffrey and ends up with a "bug."
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #320
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I still haven't started reading the monster manual at all and I want to. I absolutely loathe PDF files that are larger than a few pages. And printing that sucker out just isn't an option.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #321
kcchief19
Pro Starter

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to going home and and giving things another whirl this evening. I think it will take a while to become comfortable with the vastness of the program. I had the same issues with the FM and EHM demos -- my lack of familiarity with soccer and even hockey made those games just too much for me to enjoy with everything going on.

I think it speaks volumes that the I think there were more bug reports initiated by the HTML reports that were posted prior to release than since the release of the game. I think this is deserving of a poll ...
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #322
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i found this humorous, considering we play these games to have fun.

"i'm actually quite angered right now..." HAHAHAHA

Well, I'm glad someone's getting some enjoyment out of the 35 bucks I've spent.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #323
SackAttack
Head Coach

Found a pretty good-looking 1B in the free agent pool.

Well. That's an understatement (and probably an AI issue in itself that he hasn't been approached with a contract yet).

What I'm noticing is weird is, well...let me take a few screenshots. I'll post them in a moment.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #324
SackAttack
Head Coach

A six year deal, significantly below what he's asking, but because it's evenly spread, he'll listen.

A three-year contract with salaries weirdly jumping all over the place. He seems willing to listen to that one, too, even though it's below what he's asking.

An escalating contract, which he apparently won't accept because it's not "even" enough. If I offered four years at the $3.35m rate, he'd probably listen. He won't listen to the deal that includes an extra $6m, though - which is worrisome because baseball has guaranteed contracts. He'd see that money whether he got traded, cut, or whatever.

Little bit perplexed by that.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #325
Swaggs
Coordinator

Has anyone played multiple MLB seasons yet?

I'm curious about whether or not the draft has improved and if it is any fun?

And, also, whether or not anyone has found any foreign-FA gems?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #326
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Just my opinion, but I hope that guys will report any important tweaks/bugs over at the OOTP boards as well. It's nice to point stuff out over here, but it may be falling on deaf ears. I doubt Mr. Duffy will want to log things over here, though he can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #327
SackAttack
Head Coach

I tinkered some more with Goodloe's contracts. He doesn't like $1m escalating salaries with a contract value as low as that, but $500k doesn't seem to bother him.

If you boost the base values up (from $3.35m to $6.35m to start with, say) and then escalate by $1m, he's okay with that.

I'm curious if what's happening here is that the game is looking at escalations as a percentage of the previous year's contract. from $3.35m to $4.35m is a jump of nearly 25%, but from $6.35m to $7.35 him is closer to, what, 16.5%?

Only thing that makes me wonder if I'm even right about that is that I'm not boosting each year's salary by 25%. As the salary is going up, the escalator as a percentage of the previous year's salary decreases, actually.

If it were a 25% annual thing ($10m, $12.5m, $15.625m, $19.3m, etc), it'd make much more sense. Right now, I'm a little flummoxed as to what the logic here is.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #328
Dekanth
Mascot

My 2 cents:

I share the interface concerns with most people here. It is really very poorly designed, of course I hate the FM UI as well, gave it a month and quit because of it and because soccer is stupid.

Simple is better when it comes to text sims, or at least having the option to make things simple. It is great that there is so much detail for the people who like to dig into what your backup OF's numbers are with runners on 1st and 3rd. For me, I would like to be able to look at my AAA roster, quickly be able to tell who deserves a shot at the ML level to replace my MR who is sporting a 7.80 ERA in Mid-June. That's not happening right now.

Further problems noticed immediatly after a couple hours on it....I set up a 16 team fictional league, with 3 levels of minors. Ran the Japan league with no minors and for some strange reason set up a independant AAA league in my home state (not connected to my fictional league).

First off, towards the end of January I looked at the FA list and found 2 superstars from Japan who signed 1 year deals for a few hundred thousand dollars each. They are 2 of my top 4 positional players. Not good.

I also decided to look at that regional AAA league in June. Found a tremendous starter with a 16 million dollar salary. I traded my mediocre 3rd starter and my nice closer who just took a huge potentials hit to this team for their ace (the ace of the league in fact) and 10 million dollars. So basically, they traded him to me and ate most of his contract for this year to get a mediocre starter and a good but not great closer? I think the problem is that major league type players and salaries were created for this supposedly minor league league and the computer looks at these players that way, but they are not (if that makes any sense).

I see potential, I doubt it will ever be fully tapped. I would have been much happier with OOTP7 and a shored up engine and AI. Oh well, live and learn.
Dekanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #329
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Just my opinion, but I hope that guys will report any important tweaks/bugs over at the OOTP boards as well. It's nice to point stuff out over here, but it may be falling on deaf ears. I doubt Mr. Duffy will want to log things over here, though he can correct me if I'm wrong.

sov, when I see something I'm certain is in need of logging, I've been posting it over there.

The stuff I'm posting here is largely either for thinking out loud, or hoping somebody else has some insight as to what I might be missing.

I don't want to overload the bug squashers with potentially irrelevant trivia, as it were.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #330
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekanth
My 2 cents:

I share the interface concerns with most people here. It is really very poorly designed, of course I hate the FM UI as well, gave it a month and quit because of it and because soccer is stupid.

It's a good thing you smiled when you said that

Us FOFCers have been known to form lynch mobs for lesser offenses then the two in this statement
Old 06-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #331
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Possible Dola: with my english league Owen D'Eath of the Highbury Gunners won the Player of the Week.

The email:

Red Hot D'Eath of the Gunners Sizzles with Bat-Cops NL (Nelson League) Player of the Week
Old 06-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #332
TroyF
Coordinator

Josh,

I ran a few offers by the CPU yesterday, tried to fleece some GM's. Almost everytime, they told me they'd listen and then told me to go to hell after I offered the trade.

I wonder if this guy will actually accept any of those demands. If he's that good, it's not cool he's not a hot commodity in FA though.

Getting ready to leave work in about 1 hour. I'll see where my 100 year sim is and report back. I'll ask the group. . .

If I'm 25 years off, do you want me to wait until tomorrow evening and upload the full thing or do you want me to halt it and upload 75 years? It's no big deal either way to me.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #333
SunDevil
College Prospect

I think by 75 years you can see the most glaring issues and WTF's. Then again, if you wait and post the whole 100 years we get the steroid era included as well.

Last edited by SunDevil : 06-01-2006 at 05:40 PM.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #334
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Josh,

I ran a few offers by the CPU yesterday, tried to fleece some GM's. Almost everytime, they told me they'd listen and then told me to go to hell after I offered the trade.

Troy,

I didn't mean to imply that he'd accept any of the weird offers. I just thought it strange that he'd listen to an offer, for example, of $350k per for four years (he promptly told me to go die in a fire when I offered it), but he wouldn't even listen to $3.35m, $4.35m, $5.35m, $6.35m as a 4 year deal.

As I speculated, he did listen to a deal with $1m escalators that started at $6.35m for year one. I also threw in some incentives ($1m for every year he has 800 plate appearances, $1.5m for each MVP award), and he ended up taking the deal.

I am concerned that a player as good as my scout thinks he is wasn't receiving any offers in January - which is traditionally the free agent period anyway. I've also signed a couple quality (YOUNG) pitchers. One or two are good enough for the pros, a third is going to be a high profile prospect in my farm system.

I don't know if the computer GMs are being that active on the free agent market in January.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #335
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm sure Markus is getting enjoyment out of the 35 bucks!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #336
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
My first impression ...

I feel like I just got the job as general manager of the Kansas City Royals. That sounds like a good thing. But my first impression is that I'm going to need to work 18 hours a day to go through all the reports and information available and still not have a clear idea of what to do because there are 800 guys who look exactly alike.

I don't think I've ever felt this way before, but after spending a night with the game last night, I still don't know what I think. I could see definitely liking this game. I'm just wondering if it's going to be too much work -- not work in the sense of trying to get Maximum Football to function, but in the sense of "Sorry, honey, I can't go to your grandmother's funeral, I'm waiting to hear back from the GM of the Mexico City Trout to see if I can make a trade for a 23-year-old right fielder who looks like the next Albert Pujols."

I'm actually shocked you bought the game. You've been a detractor of ootp for quite some time.

That being said, I'll pass this time around. Nothing against SI, but I wish Markus would have just improved 6.5 and stayed solo.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-01-2006 at 05:53 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #337
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm actually shocked you bought the game. You've been a detractor of ootp for quite some time.

That being said, I'll pass this time around. Nothing against SI, but I wish Markus would have just improved 6.5 and stayed solo.

I'll disagree with you greatly here.

The problems in the OOTP series were never, ever going away with Markus soley at the helm. I don't think we see the same issues with SI long term. If I'm wrong on that, I've misjudged SI as a company. Seeing the care they've put into FM, I don't think I have.

I believe some of the glaring AI problems that have affected this game for years have a real shot at being addressed.

Now. . . don't get me wrong. I'm not an OOTP fanboy by any stretch. This weekend I'll probably be immersing myself in as much PureSim as OOTP because I think there are issues with the AI in OOTP.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #338
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Cam,

In all seriousness, play with the bookmark feature. I started using it last night and it helped out tremendously. With one click I can now get to stats, ratings, trades, lineups, shedules, etc.

It makes the game much easier to manage and I think it'll help someone like you (a person who wants to like the game but is having issues) overcome it.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #339
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekanth
Simple is better when it comes to text sims, or at least having the option to make things simple. It is great that there is so much detail for the people who like to dig into what your backup OF's numbers are with runners on 1st and 3rd. For me, I would like to be able to look at my AAA roster, quickly be able to tell who deserves a shot at the ML level to replace my MR who is sporting a 7.80 ERA in Mid-June. That's not happening right now.
Bingo.

When I play a text sim, I like to move quickly. It's not that I have any particular aversion to detail. Rather, I just like pile up some seasons. I like to see the kid I drafted mature, find success, leave as a free agent, become a star, come back at the end of his career, then retire and go into the Hall of Fame. I can't do that if it takes me an hour to go through each week.

Again, this is how I like to play. Other people like the detail. That's cool. But for me, it doesn't work. That's why I couldn't get into EHM. Even when I was having fun, I'd play all night and still be in October. I'd realize it would be months before I felt like I had any kind of real history with the game, and I just don't have the time or attention span to play a sim that way.

The ironic thing is that SI's detailed approach killed EHM for me and doesn't sound promising for OOTP, but would actually sound pretty good for an NFL sim. The short season makes US football an easier sport to get into detail with at the sim level.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #340
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll disagree with you greatly here.

The problems in the OOTP series were never, ever going away with Markus soley at the helm. I don't think we see the same issues with SI long term. If I'm wrong on that, I've misjudged SI as a company. Seeing the care they've put into FM, I don't think I have.

I believe some of the glaring AI problems that have affected this game for years have a real shot at being addressed.

Now. . . don't get me wrong. I'm not an OOTP fanboy by any stretch. This weekend I'll probably be immersing myself in as much PureSim as OOTP because I think there are issues with the AI in OOTP.

I don't have the same kind of "confidence" in SI like you do from my experience with FM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #341
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The ironic thing is that SI's detailed approach...would actually sound pretty good for an NFL sim. The short season makes US football an easier sport to get into detail with at the sim level.
I agree 100% with this sentiment.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #342
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Question for those with the game...

One of the things that really annoyed me about the SI version of EHM was that you couldn't quick sim a few weeks or months without giving up control of your team. You had to go "on vacation", and turn over control of the team. You had to either allow the team to make moves without you, or prohibit them from doing anything until you got back. Neither worked especially well.

OOTP, on the other hand, had a cool feature where you could quick sim but be interupted if there was an injury or trade offer. You could decide whether to keep simming, or stop and have a look at what was up. Very neat feature, and well implemented.

Does OOTP 2006 still use this approach, or have they adopted the EHM method?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #343
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Cam,

In all seriousness, play with the bookmark feature. I started using it last night and it helped out tremendously. With one click I can now get to stats, ratings, trades, lineups, shedules, etc.

It makes the game much easier to manage and I think it'll help someone like you (a person who wants to like the game but is having issues) overcome it.

I'm fooling around with it right now. Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #344
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
OOTP, on the other hand, had a cool feature where you could quick sim but be interupted if there was an injury or trade offer. You could decide whether to keep simming, or stop and have a look at what was up. Very neat feature, and well implemented.

Does OOTP 2006 still use this approach, or have they adopted the EHM method?

Is that what you're looking for?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #345
SackAttack
Head Coach

Auto play, FWIW, also encompasses vacations, I *think.*

I'd have to re-read the massive manual to be certain.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #346
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Is that what you're looking for?
I think so. Looks like a slight rework of the OOTP system. Very good to see.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #347
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Why when I'm playing a game do players come up with dashes for ratings. Then if I click into the player they have ratings from SISA and my head scout?

Then I back out and the ratings are there. Is that just a bug? Or is that on purpose? It's pretty freaking annoying. Happens at least once an inning to me.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #348
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, my sim is just bogging down. It's up to 1969 at the moment. 67 years in about 20 hours or so of straight simming. My system is high end, so I'm not exactly sure what they were simming on, but this isn't it. I'm going to go grab a bit to eat, but I think I'm calling it a career whenever I get back.

I'll upload what I have and we'll see how things stack up.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #349
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
Why when I'm playing a game do players come up with dashes for ratings. Then if I click into the player they have ratings from SISA and my head scout?

Then I back out and the ratings are there. Is that just a bug? Or is that on purpose? It's pretty freaking annoying. Happens at least once an inning to me.

Check whose ratings you're seeing. I've seen it happen where SISA either didn't scout a guy at all, or delivered only an incomplete report, but my head scout had something more substantial. It seems like it pins whichever report you last looked at, and does it for everybody.

If you switch from SISA to your head scout, all ratings you look at for other players display as your head scout's view. Stuff like that.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #350
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Well, my sim is just bogging down. It's up to 1969 at the moment. 67 years in about 20 hours or so of straight simming. My system is high end, so I'm not exactly sure what they were simming on, but this isn't it. I'm going to go grab a bit to eat, but I think I'm calling it a career whenever I get back.

I'll upload what I have and we'll see how things stack up.

Looking forward to it!
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote