Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #1001
Calis
College Starter

Dumb question here and I'm sure it's quite simple but I'm tired and brain dead and am having no luck finding the answer.

Where do I put an updated player data file in order to use it? I wasn't quite sure, and I'm having a hard time finding out if any of them are any good, anyone have any preferences?
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #1002
MrBug708
Head Coach

Usually it goes in the my documents folder...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #1003
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Dumb question here and I'm sure it's quite simple but I'm tired and brain dead and am having no luck finding the answer.

Where do I put an updated player data file in order to use it? I wasn't quite sure, and I'm having a hard time finding out if any of them are any good, anyone have any preferences?

You need to put the database updates in:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db

Then when you start anew game, it will ask you which database you want to use, and from the drop down menu, you can select the new one.

I have recently downloaded the weegie database and it's udpated to the start of September, just after the end of the transfer deadline for European leagues.

You can download it here:

http://fmweegieupdate.proboards92.co...ead=1183816897

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #1004
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

FWIW, DarkCloud and I have been working on the Premier League of America database and it continues to get better and more "realistic" if that's the right word.

I've recently updated the sponsorships to match the official MLS sponsorships, added year-end and season-end awards to the PLA and American Championship, and made a few more edits to make sure the country is part of "europe" and "UK".

I still have a problem however...

On December 6, 2007 (in-game time) I get a "Array Out Of Bounds" error pop-up. I can still play the game, but I'm concerned about this error. As it turns out, the European Football Championships draw is on that date, and Canada is not a part of it, despite everything about Canada being labeled as "Europe". What gives? It's not a show-stopper by any means, just an inconsistency.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #1005
fflix
Mascot

Does anyone know if there is a difference between youth coaches and normal coaches, besides the fact that the youth coach can only coach youth? My current youth coach's contract is about to expire and I was wondering if I needed to replace him with another youth coach or could I just hire another normal coach who is not restricted to only youth?
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #1006
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflix View Post
Does anyone know if there is a difference between youth coaches and normal coaches, besides the fact that the youth coach can only coach youth? My current youth coach's contract is about to expire and I was wondering if I needed to replace him with another youth coach or could I just hire another normal coach who is not restricted to only youth?

Other than goalkeeping coach, I always look for a regular coach rather than youth or fitness for flexibility purposes. I'll only approach a youth coach to offer a job as a regular one.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #1007
highfiveoh
Banned

Not that this really answer your question, but I'll post it anyways. It's from the in-game tips.

Youth team coaches only train youth players, they do not work with or train senior players.

Goalkeeping coaches work with and train both senior and youth goalkeepers.

Fitness coaches work with the senior and youth players, but only deal with the physical aspects of training.

First-team coaches only work with and train the senior players, they do not work with or train youth players.

General coaches work with and train both senior and youth players.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote