Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #201
rexallllsc
Banned

I'm running 28 leagues (England playable, the rest are View-only) on a Mac laptop w/ 2gb RAM and it runs FAST. to the point where I have a hard time reading the 'Tips' in time.

Big improvement over 06.

Last edited by rexallllsc : 11-01-2006 at 09:03 PM.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #202
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This may be a dumb question, but I'm managing part-timers Queen's Park in Scotland, and although I scheduled 3 friendlies before the season started, a good number of my first team were not match fit (or even severely lacking in fitness) for the first 3-4 games of the season. My assistant handles all the training, so is the issue that I need to schedule more friendlies?

Also, I've set my assistant to schedule more friendlies, but up to 1 month before regular season games, he still hadn't done so. Am I supposed to prompt him or something?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #203
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*growl* i'm quite impatient and irritated that amazon and sega usa blow goats and my copy isn't here yet. my only solace is that the patch isn't out yet so I'm not missing out on anything in my "serious" career.

but still...next year I'm definately going back to ordering from overseas.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #204
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I've been noticing that no MLS games are ever on TV, so of course I don't recieve any TV money. I have no idea if this is how it is in real life though.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #205
BigDPW
College Prospect

I wanted to support the US release this year but after the problems with the DD version and patching last year and the continued delays this year I think I will either go with GoGamer or CD-Wow... Any suggestions about which to go with??? CD-WOW looks like the cheaper option right now... Any negatives if I go with them vs GoGamer?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #206
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Oh damn, I just got news that Man Utd has announced a link with Chicago. And.....a beautiful annual fee of $1.4 million plus an annual friendly.

I like the main benefit too, "financial benefits for both teams".
Old 11-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #207
BigDPW
College Prospect

Nevermind the cost seems to be about the same for both sites... just under $50...???

Amazon for 29.99 is tempting... But the wait is killing me!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #208
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
Oh damn, I just got news that Man Utd has announced a link with Chicago. And.....a beautiful annual fee of $1.4 million plus an annual friendly.

Are you chicago, because if not thats going to suck for you
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #209
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I'm Chicago.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #210
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Anyone have any ideas about my match fitness problem?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #211
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
This may be a dumb question, but I'm managing part-timers Queen's Park in Scotland, and although I scheduled 3 friendlies before the season started, a good number of my first team were not match fit (or even severely lacking in fitness) for the first 3-4 games of the season. My assistant handles all the training, so is the issue that I need to schedule more friendlies?

Also, I've set my assistant to schedule more friendlies, but up to 1 month before regular season games, he still hadn't done so. Am I supposed to prompt him or something?

no clue why he's not set up any friendlies as I alsways schedule my friendlies myself. As for the fitness, yeah, I'd say you need more than three friendlies to be in match shape. I usually start seeing players being match fit around match 4 or 5 and that's after playing friendlies every 5 days or so. Also make sure you give some playing time to most of your players about equally. I usually switch all 11 players at halftime for the first 2 or 3 friendlies, no matter what the score, except if there's an injury.

FM
Old 11-04-2006, 03:40 AM   #212
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
'tis true though - a lot of English teams try very hard to break the American market, shirt sales etc. bring in a lot of revenue from abroad if you can get the interest up ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #213
BigDPW
College Prospect

Marc,

Any idea about the digital download? Do we expect it before the amazon release or after?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:02 AM   #214
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Any idea about the digital download? Do we expect it before the amazon release or after?
I'm afraid I can't say at this stage (simply because I don't know 100% for certain myself), sorry.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #215
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'm afraid I can't say at this stage (simply because I don't know 100% for certain myself), sorry.

*growl*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #216
samifan24
Pro Starter

Did anyone else receive an Amazon e-mail asking for their approval in yet another WWSM shipping delay? Amazon's page seems to indicate that they haven't even received any copies yet so it's not as through they're in short supply...they don't even have them yet!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #217
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Did anyone else receive an Amazon e-mail asking for their approval in yet another WWSM shipping delay? Amazon's page seems to indicate that they haven't even received any copies yet so it's not as through they're in short supply...they don't even have them yet!

Yeah, I got one. It looks like they'll cancel your order if you don't approve the delay. I guess it's a way to verify that you haven't gone somewhere else already since they can't seem to get a copy.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #218
bhlloy
Coordinator

I haven't had the e-mail from Amazon yet, but I may be behind y'all in the queue because I didn't order until last week. If it is delayed again, I think I will just forget about it and go with gogamer, the 20 bucks extra is a small price to pay to get the game in my hand this week IMO.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #219
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

not delayed long, the new date is 11/7 Shipping.

I just hope the Exchange crash is patched at that point so I can seriously play MLS
Old 11-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #220
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ah, interestingly I already had that date when I placed the new order. So I guess they have known it was being "delayed" since the start of last week.

Last edited by bhlloy : 11-05-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #221
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Something that has happened twice in my career in the MLS. I keep getting sacked with no notification. The first time I thought something messed up so I reloaded and then it happened again. All of a sudden I was just brought back to my "snapshot" with my Australia job as the only one listed. I looked at the news and there was nothing.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:14 AM   #222
SackAttack
Head Coach

Clint Dempsey is turning into one hell of an EPL signing. Ten goals for me in mid-November thus far.

Now if only we could get Hartson firing at the same time.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:17 AM   #223
SackAttack
Head Coach

And just as I say that, he gets a first-minute goal against Salzburg in the EURO Cup to boost his total to 11.

Salzburg then went and got themselves two red cards in the first half. We'll see if Dempsey can pad those stats now.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:14 AM   #224
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
Something that has happened twice in my career in the MLS. I keep getting sacked with no notification. The first time I thought something messed up so I reloaded and then it happened again. All of a sudden I was just brought back to my "snapshot" with my Australia job as the only one listed. I looked at the news and there was nothing.

I decided to reload one more time to see if I could get anything and this time I at least got an ultimatum, then I got sacked again without any notification.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:18 AM   #225
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

PS> With regards to amazon I'm chasing to find out whats going on - but bear in mind that shops are a law unto themselves and unless its something our end its possible I won't be able to find out whats going on (as they don't have to tell me).
Old 11-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #226
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody know many sports sims where you feel the need to get acquainted with about everyone on your squad before you really feel like starting to make roster moves?

That's where I am at the moment with my newly started career. Took over Stevenage Borough in Conference National and as I went through the squad screen, kept seeing nice tidbits here and there. Like that 30 something striker who's mentionning he would like to become a scout after his career is over, or that other one who'd want to become an assistant manager. Nice touch SI

For those curious, I settled on the following football universe:
England (top to bottom)
Italy (top 2)
France (top 2)
Scotland (all 4 levels)
Holland (top 2)
Brazil (top 2)
MLS

These are the playable league and my database size is set to normal. I added England, Canada and Scotland as retained nations. Quick check returned 1871 unemployed staff available, specifically 794 unemployed coaches, 450 unemployed scouts and 141 unemployed physios. I felt that was good enough.

I also added 11 more European leagues as view-only, to give some flavor just in case I ever make it to European competition someday:
Spain
Germany
Portugal
Greece
Russia
Romania
Belgium
Ukraine
Czech Republic
Turkey
Switzerland

Savegame at startup is about 85mb but is saving and loading in under 10. While I have not advanced one day since starting it this time around, in test runs, it ran swiftly enough. I went on holiday for ten days and timed the processing time and it took it 3.5 minutes. These 10 days included two games for my team.

PC Specs are Athlon X2 dual core 4200+ with 2GB RAM and a 7200rpm HD.

FM
Old 11-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #227
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
And just as I say that, he gets a first-minute goal against Salzburg in the EURO Cup to boost his total to 11.

Salzburg then went and got themselves two red cards in the first half. We'll see if Dempsey can pad those stats now.

Remember, I'm the one who tipped you to Dempsey
Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #228
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Okay, just started assessing my Stevenage squad and got some general questions regarding coaches. The current coaching staff consist (or consisted since I have sackedone of them) of one goalkeeper coach, one general coach and one youth coach.

My board is telling me I should limit myself to three coaches. Preliminary question: is that a strict limit, or is it like with the wage budget, where I could go over, but run the risk they could get pissed?

For real questions:
(1) Do I really need to carry a goalkeeper coach or would a general coach with a good "coach goalkeepers rating" do the trick instead? I sacked the current goalkeeper coach, as he had a bleh "5" for to train goalkeepers and I could only use him on goalkeeping. What's the use of such a bad coach restricted to only one type of training???

(2) Same with youth coach, do I need one or could I not simply appoint my regular coaches with god "coaching youth" skills to the youth coaching schedules?

Finally, my questions basically revolves around the type of coaches, ar they necessary, especially at the lower level? If I'm restricted to only 3 coaches, I'd probably want better all around guys more than one goalkeeper coach, one youth, one fitness...

FM
Old 11-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #229
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
PS> With regards to amazon I'm chasing to find out whats going on - but bear in mind that shops are a law unto themselves and unless its something our end its possible I won't be able to find out whats going on (as they don't have to tell me).

Talk about going above and beyond...
very cool of you.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #230
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Talk about going above and beyond...
very cool of you.

I tell ya, you should have stayed with cd-wow. You'd be playing right now.

muahahahahaha, this time you can't blame me for anything!!!!!

FM
Old 11-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #231
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
I tell ya, you should have stayed with cd-wow. You'd be playing right now.

muahahahahaha, this time you can't blame me for anything!!!!!

FM

I'm sure if I thought about it long enough I could blame you, but I'm too distracted by all the emails from amazon saying my game is being delayed....
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #232
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, just went through my first game and while the game is livelier, something is still bugging the hell out of me: sound still goes silent after making some quick tactics adjustments!!!

Are we up to saying it's not a bug but a feature? I mean, come on, the frigging sound goes off and only comes back if I hit pause then play. That is just annoying me to no end.

Other than that, the game is deeper than ever. I love the scouting reports you get when simply scouting a player. I've not sent out my scout though, so I can't vie for the number of players I will see. I did offer mutual termination to my original scout. He had something like 3 and 4 in judging player ability and potential and 1 in determination. That didn't fit my idea of a good scout

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-07-2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #233
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
okay, just went through my first game and while the game is livelier, something is still bugging the hell out of me: sound still goes silent after making some quick tactics adjustments!!!
Ugh. It's "nice" to see that this still happens.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #234
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I like to pretend that my tactical adjustments are so amazing that it leaves the entire crowd speechless.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #235
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Ugh. It's "nice" to see that this still happens.
Why this isn't fixed, I have no idea.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #236
rexallllsc
Banned

The game has been excellent thus far. However, one thing is bothering me:

After scoring, I see the "...wheels off to the crowd..." line WAY too much. How can this be fixed?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #237
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Remember, I'm the one who tipped you to Dempsey

He just had two more against Bolton. He's up to 14 league goals in 20 league matches, 2nd only to Wayne Rooney in EPL goals scored.

20 goals in 27 overall games for Dempsey.

Yeah, dude's a beast.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #238
highfiveoh
Banned

Trying out the demo and have a question. What exactly is an 'Appearance Fee' (under bonuses/clauses)?
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:52 AM   #239
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfiveoh View Post
Trying out the demo and have a question. What exactly is an 'Appearance Fee' (under bonuses/clauses)?

just what it says it is, a fee you pay him to appear in a game, on top of his weekly wage. Good to offer to players you fear might never crack your starting eleven and may rot in your reserves squad, thus never playing a game, or not many of them...

FM
Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #240
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Had something really cool happen last night. I'm still in the very early stages of my game, mostly getting acquainted with my players and staff, trying to get a few new players in to help Stevenage Borough maybe promote out of the National Conference in my first season there.

On my very first day on the job, I had asked my board to find a parent club to link with. Some of you may know my strong ties with Luton Town, with whom I've had a couple of very good careers in FM2005 and WSM2006. Well, woudln't you guess, the board comes back with three possible links. The first was Charlton, okay, not bad. The third one was Milton Keynes, hrm no thanks, I'd rather go with Charlton. The very cool thing was that the middle team there was good old Luton Town Hatters.

No need to tell ya, I said yes in a heartbeat They will pay us a little yearly fee and will play a friendly with us, of which we will keep the whole fee. Also, they have already arranged to send a right winger my way, simply waiting to hear if he'll accept. If he does, he will become our starting right winger, as he is much better than the scrap we have on board. Exciting times

FM
Old 11-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #241
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

My order with Amazon is now 'shipping soon'. The product page now lists it as ships in 2-3 days.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #242
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just saw these posted on the SI forum:
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/9462009272

Quote:
Hi All,

We would like to thank everybody who has contributed feedback on Football Manager 2007 since release.

Providing support for our games is something we take very seriously at Sports Interactive and we've listened to all of the constructive material we've received.

The 7.0.1 Patch is currently still a work in progress and will contain plenty of refinements and fixes to issues you've brought to our attention.

There is no release date for the patch at this time, but we do anticipate it to reach you at some point this month and it's currently in its final testing phase.

In the meantime we're pleased to provide you with the current Change List for the patch.

Cheers,
Neil

Quote:
7.0.1 FAQ

Is the patch save game compatible?
Yes. The patch is save game compatible. You will be able to continue your save game from 7.0.

Is this the final Change List for the patch?
The patch is still a work in progress at this time so it may be subject to change. We are however not expecting to add too much more to the current Change List provided.

Will the patch include a database update?
Yes. In order to make use of the latest database you will need to start a new game.

Quote:
Football Manager 2007 v7.0.1
----------------------------

General
=======
- Fixed wrong player listed in international Set Friendly Instructions for replacement players.
- Fixed a display bug with the teams table on MLS manager’s achievements screen.
- Fixed player milestones declaring that a player was about to make a landmark appearance (e.g. 50th league appearance) for a club when in fact it was his debut.
- Fixed When you move a player to your reserve squad for

FM
Old 11-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #243
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, I have not read through the whole list of things that are being fixed, but at quick glance, I'm not seeing anything regarding the sound going off after a quick tactics change.

ANYBODY FROM SI: do you even acknowledge this as a bug? I've seen a bug report regarding this in your forum and somebody from your team sayign it was being looked at but still, it's not listed as something that will be fixed. It's a nothing kind of little bug, but it is annoying the hell out of me...

FM
Old 11-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #244
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Hmm. So the patch is a work in progress, but it's in its final testing stage. Don't tell me that this game has suddenly become Maximum Football Manager 2007.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #245
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
- Fixed a crash which would occur sometimes when negotiating MLS transfers.

hopefully this will take care of the major issue we've seen reported here...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-08-2006 at 02:27 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #246
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

- Fixed a crash which would occur sometimes when negotiating MLS transfers.
- USY player status icon in Major League Soccer teams now takes you to a players transfer panel instead of not doing anything.
- MLS wage cap adjusted from $350k to $310k.
- MLS roster cut down tuning. Teams try to keep their better players.

Good stuff.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #247
Icy
Pro Starter

Good list, let's hope is released soon, i have stopped to play the game until the patch is out as after testing enought i want to start my first serious career.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #248
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
My order with Amazon is now 'shipping soon'. The product page now lists it as ships in 2-3 days.

It has shipped, w00t!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #249
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
It has shipped, w00t!

I got another delay e-mail and now it will be here next Tuesday at the earliest.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #250
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I got another delay e-mail and now it will be here next Tuesday at the earliest.

Mine says: Delivery estimate: November 16, 2006 - November 18, 2006

* 1 of: Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007

Grrr...
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote