Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #301
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'm sure it's nothing you haven't heard before, but I have to reiterate: there is absolutely zero incentive to ever buy WWSM over FM, aside from saving a few bucks. I understand the limitations you're under, but under no circumstances should ya'll be urging people on this side of the pond to order a version of your product that is less supported. If you want to expand the North American version of the game, you absolutely have to commit to supporting both versions equally, otherwise you have no business asking consumers to support it.

I've seen the level of support differ between versions for a couple releases now, and in my book, it's unacceptable, especially if you're trying to expand your market over here.

I apologize for bitching, and I honestly am not all that concerned with waiting for the real patch. But the impression of WWSM being a second-class citizen is there, and it's not a Good Thing.

+3 (I purchased WWSM and now wish I hadn't. I won't make that mistake again next year)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #302
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sure it's nothing you haven't heard before, but I have to reiterate: there is absolutely zero incentive to ever buy WWSM over FM, aside from saving a few bucks. I understand the limitations you're under, but under no circumstances should ya'll be urging people on this side of the pond to order a version of your product that is less supported. If you want to expand the North American version of the game, you absolutely have to commit to supporting both versions equally, otherwise you have no business asking consumers to support it.

I've seen the level of support differ between versions for a couple releases now, and in my book, it's unacceptable, especially if you're trying to expand your market over here.

I apologize for bitching, and I honestly am not all that concerned with waiting for the real patch. But the impression of WWSM being a second-class citizen is there, and it's not a Good Thing.

+3

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #303
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
+3 (I purchased WWSM and now wish I hadn't. I won't make that mistake again next year)

I did it again, and now have to wait for everything that everyone else gets faster. stinky poo

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:27 PM   #304
TroyF
Coordinator

I just think it's ridiculous and I'm a little steamed at SI over this. The problems that caused the need for a patch are in both versions. The problems were deemed to be severe enough to get a quick beta patch out to fix the problem. I guess they were only severe enough for markets where soccer is #1 and the idiot Americans won't even notice it. We can all wait for the regular patch.

Of course, we shouldn't be mad, because that regular patch will be released at the same time as the other guys, so it's all ok. No, it's not. The two weeks or whatever it is aren't going to kill me. I'm still playing my copy of the game, even with the closing down bug there. But I'm more than a little upset that it was deemed serious enough to fix instantly for the FM version, but not a big enough problem to deal with for the other one.

If you want to market WWSM as FM with less or delayed support, by all means do it. Then I can make my choice as to which level of support I want. I was under the impression that would be changed this year. It isn't and I'm not thrilled about it.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #305
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

+5

I enjoy the game a lot and I'm more than happy to support the WWSM title on this side of the pond, but it's ridiculous that WWSM continues to get a different level of support. There's a huge market available over here in the States.........don't screw it up.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #306
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Funny, with all the talk I see here, I don't see much reason for SI to change things, at least if I were to take a cynical point of view. From what everyone's saying, they're trying to choose between two options: 1) Buy WWSM and get worse support, or 2) Buy FM and get better support. You know what option I don't see? "I'm never buying these games again." It sounds like SI is in a great position, as there are people over here in the US who are actually willing to spend almost twice as much money and possibly wait a little bit longer to get their game.

Now, I would expect SI to take a good faith approach to their American release and all, so I'm sure they will try to address this in some way, but at this point, is there really much incentive for them to change?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #307
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post
The above will work with out flaw as long as the leagues both playable and unplayable have same # of teams prior to swap. This is where you may or may not have to create teams.
This is most likely where it blew up. Seriously, there are nearly a thousand Swedish teams in this game. In that case, can I swap the teams in the playable leagues and leave the unplayables alone?

FWIW, the version of the PLA that I've uploaded doesn't have the countries swapped, It uses and .edt file to move the American teams over to Sweden, so the leage is still technically Swedish, but the teams should remain American.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM   #308
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Oh, and I've simmed 3 seasons now with the above db with no crashes AND the teams that started with empty rosters are getting good enough players rather quickly.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #309
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Now, I would expect SI to take a good faith approach to their American release and all, so I'm sure they will try to address this in some way, but at this point, is there really much incentive for them to change?

That kind of arrogance has ruined countless game companies in the past. Reputation is everything.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #310
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
I communicated this on our forums already but there wont be a beta patch for WWSM you guys will get the final version though at the same time as the FM guys get it.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2622077453/p/1

Marc:

You might want to change the main thread on the patch then. Because it still says we are getting a beta patch early next week.

Posted 25 October 2007 16:37 As per yesterdays forum post, we have decided to make a beta version of the 8.01 patch available for people to try.

For those who don't know what a "beta" is, it's a test version that we would normally use internally to test the fixes that have been made.

We have decided to release this to you due to people having issues with the workaround for the closing down bug, and a couple of other long term issues that people have discovered, as well as a few compatibility issues that a few users have experienced on their machines and the Securom copy protection that is being used on the game.

We will be releasing a final version of the patch in a couple of weeks, once we're happy with it and have gone through a full test cycle internally. The final version will also include data changes.

There will be many different versions of the "beta" patch available for the different variations of the game. As these become available, the game name will be in bold lettering.

Football Manager 2008 PC boxed - http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.exe
Football Manager 2008 Mac boxed - http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.dmg
WWSM 2008 PC boxed - coming soon (likely early next week)
WWSM 2008 Mac boxed - coming soon (likely early next week)
WWSM 2008 Digital Download - coming soon (likely early next week)Futbol Manager 2008 Digital Download - coming soon (likely early next week)

The reason for them being available at different times is that the different versions all need different installers, which take quite a bit of time to build, and also need to be tested (the installer) before we can make them live. We appreciate your patience during this time, and they will all go live as soon as we can get them done.

Hastily written, *then edited by Matt - see me after class, Mr Jacobson* legal blurb - please note that, as this is a "beta" version of the patch, it is a test version and therefore not the final version. We haven't finished testing it yet, so use it at your own risk, but we expect it to be ok. Whilst we believe we've fixed the issues, We'd like to hear, of course, if you encounter further problems, so we can try and rectify them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neil Dejyothin, 25 October 2007 21:04

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 10-31-2007 at 02:43 PM.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #311
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Funny, with all the talk I see here, I don't see much reason for SI to change things, at least if I were to take a cynical point of view. From what everyone's saying, they're trying to choose between two options: 1) Buy WWSM and get worse support, or 2) Buy FM and get better support. You know what option I don't see? "I'm never buying these games again." It sounds like SI is in a great position, as there are people over here in the US who are actually willing to spend almost twice as much money and possibly wait a little bit longer to get their game.

I still haven't purchased the game. I'm waiting for the patch. But, for the first time I'm actually thinking about not buying the game. I'm pretty pist off that duff comes here and says he explained it on their forums, but the main post of the patch, still has it listed we are getting a beta patch.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #312
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
That kind of arrogance has ruined countless game companies in the past. Reputation is everything.
Noted and understood, but I would imagine that Sports Interactive can survive on FM alone. Somehow, I don't think most of the people in Europe or Asia or wherever really care if there's a WWSM release or how well it's supported. If SI were to cut off WWSM and the entire United States completely, would all the FM buyers around the world even notice the arrogance? If they did, would they care?

I know that SI would like to have us (Americans) buying their game, and I know that they try to provide us with domestic options to get their game, but at the end of the day, does SI really need us?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #313
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
I still haven't purchased the game. I'm waiting for the patch. But, for the first time I'm actually thinking about not buying the game. I'm pretty pist off that duff comes here and says he explained it on their forums, but the main post of the patch, still has it listed we are getting a beta patch.
Actually, I agree with the first part of your post. I'm also waiting for the patch before I purchase, and I'm thinking about not buying it, too. It's not that I have anything against SI, but my enthusiasm is just slowly draining away. I honestly don't know whether I'll buy it or not. I think it really does depend on how quickly a WWSM patch gets to us.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #314
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I bought the game last week and have been playing since (digital download). And while I'm having fun playing FM again after a 2 year hiatus, I really don't think there are enough new features from the last version I had (which was FM2006) to have justified my purchase. Maybe I don't play the game deeply enough to appreciate subtle improvements, but to me it seems like basically the same game.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #315
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

At this point, I'm enjoying the game enough to want to purchase it again. So you are right with the assessment.

Having said that, when any degree of dissatisfaction starts in, it's not long before you go to the level of saying screw it. When unabashed fans of the game start to get upset, it's not long before a % of them do decide it isn't worth the trouble.

That's not any kind of a threat to SI, it's just reality and business.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #316
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I would like the beta patch for one reason, the Scottish League problem with not creating fixtures after the first season. I am near the end of the first year and have not played for days because I don't want to see things get screwed up from that. All the other issues I can deal with for now, I just need that fixed to continue playing the game.

Kind of sucks not being able to play the game I want to. Next time I won't get WWSM if this is still the policy, I will order from overseas and wait a month or so. I usually wait too, this is a good reminder of why I should.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #317
BigDPW
College Prospect

It trips me out every year how everyone says that WWSM will be better supported and patches will be released simultaneously for FM and WWSM and digdownload options... We fall for this every year for the last several and then the story changes after release and the WWSM folks still have to wait.

I have still yet to purchase this year even though I really want to play the game badly I am just fed up with the (relatively) poor support we get stateside.

In my mind the support that SI offers overall has declined over the last 2-4 years since they have tried to take on other sports simulations beyond the FM series.

I continue to have alot of respect for Marc Vaughn and Duffy (as they individually provide our members alot of one-on one support) but the end result of there companies support for the product has taken a hit over the last few years.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM   #318
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
It trips me out every year how everyone says that WWSM will be better supported and patches will be released simultaneously for FM and WWSM and digdownload options... We fall for this every year for the last several and then the story changes after release and the WWSM folks still have to wait.

I have still yet to purchase this year even though I really want to play the game badly I am just fed up with the (relatively) poor support we get stateside.

In my mind the support that SI offers overall has declined over the last 2-4 years since they have tried to take on other sports simulations beyond the FM series.

I continue to have alot of respect for Marc Vaughn and Duffy (as they individually provide our members alot of one-on one support) but the end result of there companies support for the product has taken a hit over the last few years.

I blame sega. I understood their issues when they were independent guys. But, now they are with a major player so there is not really an excuse.

At least sega gave us FM on the PSP and other crappy gaming devices woohoo!!!!

I really like Marc and Duffy they are cool. In fact most of them are really cool.

I hated the first hockey release with sega when they used Softcrap. That was a terrible experience.

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 10-31-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #319
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I think Coffee nailed my thoughts with his post.

I love the game and have absolutely nothing personal against SI or the Marcs, but next year and from here on out it is FM.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #320
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Well, in all fairness, it's an internal beta patch that they have released to the public for bug testing, etc.

Sure the FM guys get the beta patches, but everyone gets the same final patch when it is out, don't they?

Oh, and didn't Sega and SI split this year?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:23 PM   #321
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

yup

and

yup
Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 PM   #322
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Well, in all fairness, it's an internal beta patch that they have released to the public for bug testing, etc.

Sure the FM guys get the beta patches, but everyone gets the same final patch when it is out, don't they?

Oh, and didn't Sega and SI split this year?

Neon, I have no issue with them not releasing a beta patch for WWSM. The problem was they announced it was going to come out and now they are saying it is not coming out.

I didn't know that Sega and SI split, I blame it on the residule effects of that bad marriage then.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #323
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No, Sega and SI did not split, SI and OOTP split.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #324
GoDukes
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Seems they've changed everything about how the editor worked last year. How frustrating.

Yes I also cannot change the attibute colors yet

I am a huge SI fanboy, and will be for the foreseeable future, but this was a bad launch. I wish they would "leak" kits or something so when I get the game it's all ready.

Last edited by GoDukes : 10-31-2007 at 04:32 PM.
GoDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #325
GoDukes
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I would like the beta patch for one reason, the Scottish League problem with not creating fixtures after the first season. I am near the end of the first year and have not played for days because I don't want to see things get screwed up from that. All the other issues I can deal with for now, I just need that fixed to continue playing the game.

Kind of sucks not being able to play the game I want to. Next time I won't get WWSM if this is still the policy, I will order from overseas and wait a month or so. I usually wait too, this is a good reminder of why I should.

GoGamer has FM stateside.

I have never bought WWSM.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:46 PM   #326
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

gogamer is stateside? huh, i thought it was elsewhere. I bought a version of CM from there years ago and will probably go back there in two years when I buy FM/WWSM again.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM   #327
GoDukes
Mascot

Irvine, CA
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #328
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

They have great customer service. That has been where I've always bought FM, except for when I've bought the downloadable versions of WWSM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #329
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Everyone is absolutely spot on. WWSM has been miserable supported, made worse by the disingenuous promises of better support and more parity with FM. Even if one of the Marks came on this board and gave us an ironclad stone cold lead pipe promise that WWSM and FM would be supported equally, there is a less than zero chance I'm gonna buy WWSM next year. FM for me from here on out.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #330
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Everyone is absolutely spot on. WWSM has been miserable supported, made worse by the disingenuous promises of better support and more parity with FM. Even if one of the Marks came on this board and gave us an ironclad stone cold lead pipe promise that WWSM and FM would be supported equally, there is a less than zero chance I'm gonna buy WWSM next year. FM for me from here on out.

+1 even with the exchange rate.

I was FM-only until this year, this year I was feeling the financial pinch so I went WWSM, but yeah...next year FM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #331
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Marc posted this at 10:34 am my time.

Quote:
I communicated this on our forums already but there wont be a beta patch for WWSM you guys will get the final version though at the same time as the FM guys get it.

Neil posted this on the SI forum in the beta patch thread at 3:35 pm.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...753#1002050753

So we still have two conflicting reports, wonder which one is right?

Quote:
Neil Dejyothin
Sports Interactive

\o.
Fanboy

Posted Oct 31, 3:35 PM Hide PostReply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Hi Guys,

We're having a couple of technical issues and that's the cause for the delay in getting versions of the beta patch done for WSM boxed and the various digital versions.

We've been hard at work on them all week, hence we've not been as responsive on the forum. We appreciate your patience with this and hopefully we can give you a further update soon.

Cheers,
Neil
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:35 AM   #332
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Hey guys,
quick question - I'm jonesing for some FM, and I'm way too lazy to wait (and download the FM 2008 when it goes) - I'm just to buy WWSM 2008 (digital) right now. As it stands, just wanted to confirm the 3 things people have mentioned:

1) There's an editor included with the game
2) Other game content (skins, save game editors) should be able to work, as long as we change the .exe name from "wwsm" to "fm"
3) There's an option (as discussed earlier) for "English", as opposed to "American".

If anyone could confirm these, I'd be grateful.

Just bringing back an old post -- it seems like all these things are true, right? So is the delayed patch the only problem? I have an order in from amazon, and am wondering if I should cancel it. If it's just that I have to wait for the patch, that's okay -- I'm in no hurry.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #333
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
1) There's an editor included with the game
2) Other game content (skins, save game editors) should be able to work, as long as we change the .exe name from "wwsm" to "fm"
3) There's an option (as discussed earlier) for "English", as opposed to "American".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Just bringing back an old post -- it seems like all these things are true, right? So is the delayed patch the only problem? I have an order in from amazon, and am wondering if I should cancel it. If it's just that I have to wait for the patch, that's okay -- I'm in no hurry.

(1) Yes, there is an editor included. It has become my dear, dear friend.
(2) I'd say 90% of the 3rd party content for FM I've ever tried with WWSM has worked fine. I know there is a definite issue with FMM, but there is a workaround. As for skins, logo packs, kits, etc., all of those work fine as long as you make sure the content goes in the right place.
(3) There is definitely an option for "English" .

Pass, if I were in your shoes, I'd definitely cancel the order and order FM from gogamer. Because we all know it is not just going to be this beta patch. The next patch, and the next one, and the data update will all be available for FM way before WWSM and the support for FM will always be a little better.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 11-01-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #334
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
(1) Yes, there is an editor included. It has become my dear, dear friend.
(2) I'd say 90% of the 3rd party content for FM I've ever tried with WWSM has worked fine. I know there is a definite issue with FMM, but there is a workaround. As for skins, logo packs, kits, etc., all of those work fine as long as you make sure the content goes in the right place.
(3) There is definitely an option for "English" .

Pass, if I were in your shoes, I'd definitely cancel the order and order FM from gogamer. Because we all know it is not just going to be this beta patch. The next patch, and the next one, and the data update will all be available for FM way before WWSM and the support for FM will always be a little better.

Why didn't I see this post two hours ago? I just got an e-mail that my order was shipped. I guess someone must have read my post and thought, "damn, we better ship that before he can cancel it!"

Anyway, I probably won't be able to play the game at all until Tuesday, so hopefully the patch is out by then. As for 2nd and 3rd patches, those will probably cover things so minor that I won't mind waiting.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #335
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i want to play nowww!! now now now!! i'm bored of waiting for the patch!!

*grumpy and throwing a temper tantrum*
Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #336
Izulde
Head Coach

Where do you get the FM patch anyway? I couldn't find it when I looked on SI's site.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #337
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Where do you get the FM patch anyway? I couldn't find it when I looked on SI's site.

It is in a sticky thread with Beta patch in the title in the Football Manager General Discussion Forum. I would provide a link but their forums are unresponsive at the moment for me.

Edit: Here is the thread

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/2622077453

Last edited by twothree : 11-01-2007 at 02:04 PM.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #338
Marc Duffy
SI Games

If you own a CD copy of WWSM ONLY the beta patch is ready for you....

http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.exe
http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.dmg

If you downloaded a digital version via Boonty or D2D for WWSM or Futbol Manager on PC or Mac then these beta patches will be here tomorrow
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #339
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

WOOHOO!!

Thanks Marc!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #340
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

PLA-semi-update

WHOO-HOO! I got a version of the PLA to work with a swap into Norway with an added bonus of making the league "Canadian" so the American soccer rules restrictions are gone as well. Norway has a playable top division (14 teams), a playable second level (16 teams) and a playable third level (4 divisions of 14 teams each) for 86 total teams. I didn't do anything other than move teams around and change country stuff as a proof-of-concept so I at least know the DB I'm working with can be manipulated.

SO - I'm gonna give the swap into Sweden one last try, and if that doesn't work I've got this to fall back on - and I can pretty it up before I make it available for upload.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #341
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Good stuff, Todd!
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #342
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
If you own a CD copy of WWSM ONLY the beta patch is ready for you....

http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.exe
http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.dmg

If you downloaded a digital version via Boonty or D2D for WWSM or Futbol Manager on PC or Mac then these beta patches will be here tomorrow

Nicely done Marc... Thanks for getting this out. It is very confusing when we here that there will be a beta patch - no sorry there want be a beta patch - oh by the way here is the beta patch.... But as long as we get one and only a few days after the rest of the world I am fairly happy...

This decision to release the beta patch may have just tipped me over the edge toward buying a copy this year...

Again - as I said in a earlier post I have alot of respect for you and M. Vaughn... So don't take my criticism personally please... We yanks just really want to be able to play your awesome product the same as everyone else around Europe does...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #343
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

For those planning to play with PLA, will you just run that PLA league, or will you select other active leagues such as England Premier, etc... ?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #344
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
For those planning to play with PLA, will you just run that PLA league, or will you select other active leagues such as England Premier, etc... ?
Personally, I'm gonna select a bunch of other leagues to run (England, Scotland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, and Argentina are my usual suspects).
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #345
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

I think I'd like it to be part of the whole world. Will the PLA be part of European competitions? Is that sort of thing customizable?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #346
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

THANK GOD A PATCH BEFORE THE WEEKEND!

MY FAITH IN SI IS GROWING AGAIN!

edit: along with my wang

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-01-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #347
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

Again - as I said in a earlier post I have alot of respect for you and M. Vaughn... So don't take my criticism personally please... We yanks just really want to be able to play your awesome product the same as everyone else around Europe does...

The issue isn't the Marc's. I think a majority of people here have a lot of respect for them. Nobody here made a personal attack on either of the two guys. We just stated a fact that was frustrating for those of us who made the decision to purchase WWSM. I don't think anyone at SI had evil intent, I just don't think they thought their decision through correctly. If the two versions are the same in terms of gameplay, bugs, etc., you can't say that an issue is so important that a beta patch will be released to fix one version and stick your finger up at anyone who purchased the other version.

As pumpy pointed out above, if anything, SI should at least take pride in the fact that most of us are just saying we'll purchase FM next year instead of WWSM. A game that isn't this good would simply be scratched off the list not to be purchased again.

I'm glad the right thing is being done. Good on SI.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #348
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yes ummm...this game is going to hugeify my wang.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #349
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Installed the patch, played a match, one of my players picked up a serious injury. I tried to view the coach reports for the player, but upon clicking the coach reports button for the player, the game crashed. I think I may wait for the final to try and continue.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #350
cougarfreak
College Starter

Has anyone been able to run the game in windowed mode? I have tried, and it tells me I can't. My screen resolution is 1280X800.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote