Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
rkmsuf
Head Coach

American Idol 2008

I officially hate this fucking show. They set up these storylines to generate this temporary interest to drive ratings in the short term of their stupid auditions. Fuck them. It's a fucking joke.

Eat me Idol.

*no this isn't a complete surprise but fuck them anyway.

rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Ok, one dola.

They can eat me.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

maybe you shouldnt have kicked the band off of the stage, eh?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

ooh that was safe, take a risk, take risk.

fuck you

I hope that man/girl wins.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

I wanted Josiah
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I wanted Josiah

see, he was interesting.

just interesting enough for you to tune into this farce tonite I guess

what a sham this thing is
Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
I hope that man/girl wins.

Which one was that? I don't remember any obvious shemales...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Which one was that? I don't remember any obvious shemales...

oh come on
Old 02-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Quote:
I wanted Josiah

I couldn't get past the fake british accent. I also couldn't believe how far Okie politician boy made it. And Simon liked him? He usually goes OFF on people who sound "theatre", and brother was he ever "theatre"...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
oh come on

Wait...are you talking about a man who looks like a woman, or a woman who looks like a man? I don't recall any of the latter but a couple of the former could fit the bill...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Wait...are you talking about a man who looks like a woman, or a woman who looks like a man? I don't recall any of the latter but a couple of the former could fit the bill...

can't remember the guy's name but he's a guy I guess

some of the ones in the top 24 I've never heard of. that's great considering the face time given to others.

seriously, it was obvious josiah was out by the way the story was crafted and the play up.

the whole thing was bogus man. they really threw that kid under the bus the way it was produced.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Think he is talking about Danny Noriega.. (If I remember his name right)

His fans will be affectionately known as Danny's Fairies.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Think he is talking about Danny Noriega.. (If I remember his name right)

His fans will be affectionately known as Danny's Fairies.

I figured it was him or the Garrett kid with the crazy blonde hair whom I had never seen before...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #14
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

All I know is daddy likes Kristy Lee Cook
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 02-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I actually know one of the people that made the top 24. Luke Menard, wish him luck. He's a great guy and comes from a great family.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Josia turned out to be a crybaby.

I'm glad he is gone. I could see getting very sick of him quickly.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-

Carly is teh hot. Chicks with tattoo's turn me on.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I officially hate this fucking show. They set up these storylines to generate this temporary interest to drive ratings in the short term of their stupid auditions. Fuck them. It's a fucking joke.

Eat me Idol.

What the hell are you doing here at night???
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #19
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola-

Carly is teh hot. Chicks with tattoo's turn me on.

Plus she's Irish. Giddy yup..
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #20
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

I liked her hoochie dance at the end when they were introducing everyone...

For some reason I also like the virginal nanny. She's cute and sweet, even though she doesn't have any boobs.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #21
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

I also think the laryngitis chick and the chick whose dad died just before her first audition are hot...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #22
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Dola-

I also think the laryngitis chick and the chick whose dad died just before her first audition are hot...

Word. Two sexy black chicks right thur
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #23
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I thought the plus size model is hot.

just kidding.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:

hells yeah
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #25
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Kristy Lee Cook looks really... smart.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #26
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I thought the plus size model is hot.

just kidding.

Dude she does have a hot face

I could make a sacrifice
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #27
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

Eat me Idol.

See, this is one of the reasons I like knowing the spoilers. They had them nailed, 100%, a few weeks ago (right after they filmed tonight's show).

A few comments:

What's with Leif Garrett Haley?

Do you realize we have a Castro and a Noriega? And a Chikezie Eze Amin?

Thank the Lord that Josiah dude didn't make it. I kinda knew he wasn't going to make it, but I wasn't 100% sure. I already had him lined up as my Chicken Little/Mikalah Gordon annual pick to receive buckets full of hate. Dude was nothing more than a Coldplay wannabe rip-off singer, and as if theaffected singing voice wasn't enough, he'd alread gone Madonna on us and incorporated the accent into his speaking voice. Go back to sleeping in your car, dude, and come back when you can be a bit more original.

You know a chick is hot when my wife mentions how pretty she is 3 times. Kristy Lee Cook better be around for awhile, or I'm going to be disappointed.

I think Danny Noreiga is pretty interesting. Obviously he's gay, so there's that wrinkle to see how that plays out in the competition, but he seems fairly talented.

David Archuleta won Star Search a few years back. Very good singer for 16, but what's bizarre is I can't stand his speaking voice. It's like he's got the Dick Vitale starter kit. It makes me cringe to listen to him speak. His singing, though, I can handle.

Will be interesting to see if there's any anti-foreigner sentiment in the voting. Carly Hennessy-Smithson and Michael Lee Johns are not only both industry vets, but they've been imported from Ireland and Australia. They are't the only vets (Kristy Cook, Jason Yeager, Brooke White, Syesha, Robbie Carrico (one of Britney's exes)), but this is about discovering America's talent, right?

Once again, there are several people who made it that we have seen maybe 1 fleeting shot of the entire season so far. Amy Davis and Jason Castro I'd never have remembered had I not seen them on the spoiler lists.

Seems like a decent, talented bunch, but I guess that's no surprise given the "experience" of many of them. Good news is that Jim shouuld be back with his rankings next week!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #28
JeeberD
General Manager

Archuleta has annoyed the hell out of me with his, "Golly, gee, they really like me!" after every audition so far. I can see that getting REALLY old REALLY fast...just like with Melinda last year.

Last year I had a couple of guy favorites at the 24 stage (Chris Sligh, Blake, Sundance) but this year the only one who really stands out for me is the Aussie...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #29
Ksyrup

And unfortunately, that Aussie guy is rumored to be kind of a jackass. His real name is Michael Lee, he was the lead singer of a band called The Film, and he is alleged to have stolen a bunch of songs he didn't write, formed his own band, and released an album with those songs on it. There's a website out there called therisingsucks.com about it (his band is/was The Rising). I guess in an attempt to distance himself from all of that, he changed his name to Michael Johns.

Feel good story of the year, right?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #30
korme
Go Reds

Ksyrup, it's funny you call him unoriginal when his first two auditions were with songs he wrote.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #31
korme
Go Reds

Archuleta's speaking voice just doesn't seem like it's fully matured yet, it's very gravely
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #32
korme
Go Reds

And FTR, I like Johns on the male side and a ton of the women, notably the chick that's never seen an R-rated movie, and the black chick who lost her voice and the black chick who lost her father
Old 02-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #33
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm voting for Kady Malloy. I don't even care if she can sing or not.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:14 AM   #34
saldana
Pro Starter

i think archuletta is gonna win (please note i have never actually watched the show for the entire season before).

i think it is gonna come down to him versus syesha or asia (sp)

i was really, but very pleasantly (you know...in my pants pleasantly) suprised that kristy lee cook made it, considering she had to sing the same song she used in her first audition in order to make it through (can she sing anything but amazing grace)

and i am sure i am going to be in the minority on this, but i cant freaking stand the "rock and roll nurse" girl. her singing is possible the most annoying thing i have ever heard, and if she makes that index/pinky sign with her hand one more time i am putting out a hit on her.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #35
Ksyrup

Quote:
Ksyrup, it's funny you call him unoriginal when his first two auditions were with songs he wrote.

I'm not sure I understand what one has to do with the other. Many people can write "original" music that's nothing but a pale copy of other artists. It's pretty clear that he has only one style, and he's copied it rioght down to the bloody accent. Listen to the way he phrases every line he sings - it's the same thing every time. Apparently all he's got to listen to in his car are Snow Patrol CDs.

I just didn't buy a single thing about him. Part of me thinks he did the whole "living in his car" thing as an attempt to gin up a story line to make it easier to get on this show. Maybe if he goes home and concentrates on developing his talent into something a bit more original - and stops crying for the camera every chance he gets - he'll get somewhere. But I was wholly unimpressed with his talent and the way he carried himself. Something about him just struck a nerve with me. Thankfully he compeltely blew Stand By Me and gave them no choice but to let him go.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #36
Ksyrup

Syesha was on NBC's attempt at an AI-type show called The One. I saw bits and pieces of it and remember her. As in her auditions, she has an issue with oversinging. I guess that's the best way to put it. Her final audition was excellent, I thought she kept control of her voice really well. But on The One and especially in that first audition, she did the same thing - over-sang it and really lost the tune. If she gets the chance, I think she'll come up with a couple of wow performances, but I also think she's capable of a couple of trainwrecks as well.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #37
Ksyrup

Saldana, as much as I hate to agree with you about the RnR Nurse (I guess that's her nickname), I do. And I really wanted the rock element in this show, but I think she's way too one-dimensional to be a good fit for AI. The only time she sounds good is when she's belting it out, and after awhile, it gets grating. But it seems like she only stands out when she's on 10. But we'll see.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #38
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm the type of American Idol viewer that you all probably hate. I enjoy usually all of the shows up until now.. Now its the final 24, I usually get bored as I just don't really like the type of music they generally sing and they are all decent singers at the least.

My wife is the opposite of me, she usually gets bored with the starter episodes, but this is the point she really likes AI... I guess I just like the freak shows
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #39
Ksyrup

My interest starts before the show even airs, when the actual auditions and Hollywood Week takes place, and is greatest when the final cuts are made (which occurred, in real time, 2-3 weeks ago). As far as the competition, I agree that I can't stand most of the music, and for me, it's really only interesting until they cut down to about 7 or 8 people. At that point, my interest begins to wane and I'd be just as happy if they cut 6 people at once and got right to the finals. I usually don't even watch the finale, and I certainly don't care who wins. The process is the biggest reason I watch.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #40
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
and i am sure i am going to be in the minority on this, but i cant freaking stand the "rock and roll nurse" girl. her singing is possible the most annoying thing i have ever heard, and if she makes that index/pinky sign with her hand one more time i am putting out a hit on her.

I could see her act getting old really fast, but I still dig her. Except that she looks and sounds like Jodie Foster and that distracts the hell out of me.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #41
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What the hell are you doing here at night???

It's a sad state of affairs my friend.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #42
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm the type of American Idol viewer that you all probably hate. I enjoy usually all of the shows up until now.. Now its the final 24, I usually get bored as I just don't really like the type of music they generally sing and they are all decent singers at the least.

My wife is the opposite of me, she usually gets bored with the starter episodes, but this is the point she really likes AI... I guess I just like the freak shows

I'm with your wife (not literally, of course). The early stuff is just a big long attention whore parade to me. I don't enjoy it at all. Now that they have it whittled down to people with actual talent, I'm more interested and I'll remain so until the last few episodes when they stretch stuff out way too much.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #43
MJ4H
Coordinator

I enjoy it from here out. The auditions are very very annoying to watch anymore. I find myself getting ticked off at the nonsensically bad performers they don't immediately cut repeatedly.

From here out I get a kick out of hearing what the judges say about a performance. Randy and Simon are actually pretty good judges. Paula is ok sometimes, but most often not. Randy is the best musician of the three, clearly, but Simon seems to be fairly in-tune with what will work with audiences and what will not with a lower level of just plain old music knowledge than Randy has. I think that is why he always makes comparisons to other events, like "that was like a bad wedding singer" and stuff like that. He isn't really sure what exactly was wrong, he just knows it didn't work and is usually right.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quote:
Dola-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold101 View Post
I'm voting for Kady Malloy. I don't even care if she can sing or not.

From what I've seen so far, my 4 favorite contestants as far as looks go.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #45
rkmsuf
Head Coach

this show better give me tits
Old 02-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #46
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I could see her act getting old really fast, but I still dig her. Except that she looks and sounds like Jodie Foster and that distracts the hell out of me.

You know what I think she needs to sing, rather than Joplin/Morrison? Some Tina Turner. I think the raspiness might work a bit better there. She has the attitude for it too.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #47
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
You know what I think she needs to sing, rather than Joplin/Morrison? Some Tina Turner. I think the raspiness might work a bit better there. She has the attitude for it too.

oh please no

and if they have that fucking bryan adams on during the live shows I'm cracking skulls.

enough with the brian adams songs on the list

Last edited by rkmsuf : 02-14-2008 at 10:30 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #48
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
oh please no

and if they have that fucking bryan adams on during the live shows I'm cracking skulls.

enough with the brian adams songs on the list

Do I have the video for you!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #49
rkmsuf
Head Coach

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #50
MJ4H
Coordinator

Bryan Adams is awesome*

*i will fill his vagina with poison cement