Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #351
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Why is that breaking news? Who gives a shit

Because DUI is a totally uncool thing to do?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #352
Joe
Pro Starter

I think shorty means who gives a shit because she's about to be eliminated in an hour.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Shocking results so far.

Edit: I've never seen Mrs. E actually angry at the results before this. She really liked who just went home.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-28-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #354
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yeah, that one chick was totaly losing it. That was nice of the pther girls to help her. Women can usualy be caddy bitches.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola= shocked Amanda didn't go.

did anyone see Dany Noriega bawling after Alaina got the axe?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #356
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I get the feeling it'll be Alexandrea and Ramiele.

I think Ramiele's performance is the most forgettable of the evening, and nothing really sets her apart from the other contestents.

Alexandrea was just bad and knew she was bad.

I think Asia'h will be close, but she'll likely get enough of the sympathy vote for getting sick and being the last one to perform is an advantage (whether good or bad).

Right on one, but wrong about the other. However, my reasoning still holds true. The girl who left was just plain forgettable.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #357
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola= shocked Amanda didn't go.

did anyone see Dany Noriega bawling after Alaina got the axe?

Nah. I think she may even be this year's Sanjaya.

Remember, what gets you eliminated in this round is not lack of talent, but lack of being able to stick out.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #358
Joe
Pro Starter

what males were eliminated?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #359
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
what males were eliminated?

Spoiler

Last edited by RedKingGold : 02-28-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #360
Jim G.
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Shocking results so far.

Edit: I've never seen Mrs. E actually angry at the results before this. She really liked who just went home.

My wife had the same reaction. She was furious. I told her to vote next time.

It was far too early for her to go, though.
Jim G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #361
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Because DUI is a totally uncool thing to do?

Right, and unfortunately a shit ton of people have had it happen to them. It's not like it said "Breaking news: Amanda molested a child in 1989!"

Now I'd give a shit about that.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #362
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

DialIdol seemed messed up on the guys, so the guys who went made sense even though they placed highly on DI. And DI had Amanda as #1 (believe it or not) and Alaina dead last, so that didn't shock me. Lushington was in the middle, and none of them got a lot of votes, so I really wasn't shocked by her, either. The voters eliminated one of each of the similar couplets - Kady/Alaina (Kady's hotter), and Lush/Asia'h (Lush's look was horrible and Asia'h's got the better backstory).

I hope at this point anyone who thought Amanda deserved to be here has changed their opinion. She was even horrendous during the group sing tonight. She just flat-out cannot sing, period.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-28-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #363
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Women can usualy be caddy bitches.
great UIC there...
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #364
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Also, David was phenomenal last night. I honestly am in shock that some people didn't see that.

Best vocal by far. In fact, much to my wife's dismay.. I think he could EASILY win this thing.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #365
Ksyrup

Oh, I definitely will be shocked if he DOESN'T win at this point. Doesn't mean I buy into him.

I'm still holding to my Disney/Hannah Montana demographic theory - he's been placed in this competition to create the male brand equivalent to Miley Cyrus. Between HSM and HM, that demo is exploding and spending tons of cash. So much so that HM's 3D movie put U2 on hold it was making so much cash. He solves the AI problem of having winners who are commercial failures.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #366
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Finally watched the girls. Amanda is fucking terrible. I too agree with everything MJ4H (and the rest) have said about the girls.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #367
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Right on one, but wrong about the other. However, my reasoning still holds true. The girl who left was just plain forgettable.

My wife and I were trying to guess who would be the second girl out, and I figured it would be one of the blondes. She agreed, as they were too similar. So we weren't surprised when they narrowed it down. What is funny is that when they said who would go home and there was no clear reaction from either girl, we went to each other: "wait...which one is that again?"
Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #368
korme
Go Reds

Kady... you'll be staying

Yea Kady's expression of sadness looked like she had just been sent packing
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #369
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Kady... you'll be staying

Yea Kady's expression of sadness looked like she had just been sent packing

I think she really thought she was going home. She most likely had prepared herself to that fact and was shocked like hell when they told her she was safe. By all rights, she should have gone and she knew it.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 AM   #370
rowech
Pro Starter

The chick went home because she was TOO MUCH like Carrie Underwood. People don't want another Carrie Underwood. They already made a girl like that win.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 AM   #371
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The Filipina is going to last until the final 3 or 2 women, just based on Filipino votes alone.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #372
Thomkal
Head Coach

well even though I predicted Alexandrea would go home, I'm saddened she was the one to go when it was just down to her and Amanda. Amanda is definitely another Sanjaya in the making it seems, but Sanjaya actually had a decent singing voice at least at times. I liked Alexandrea after week 1, thought she had a nice vibe to her performance, but completely lost it this week with a bad song choice. So not too shocked she went home, just shocked she went over Amanda.

Disappointed Alaina went home over Kady. Kady has shown nothing in her two performances, Alaina showed some potential in her first one at least. But song choice doomed her this week.

Jason leaving for the guys was expected, its too bad in a way, I thought his "going away" performance was a lot better than the first time he sang that song. A bit surprised Robbie went over Luke, but again not being able to reach that rocker image he wanted doomed him. And the rumors are that long hair of his...is a wig.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #373
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
The chick went home because she was TOO MUCH like Carrie Underwood. People don't want another Carrie Underwood. They already made a girl like that win.

Then explain Pickles, in the next season no less.

I guess she had calamari, and this chick had OCD?

I think they all expected Kady to go home, and when Alaina got sent home, I think it was that shock that caused her to breakdown like she did. She probably didn't feel totally safe, but if she had been up there with Carly, I doubt she would have been as unprepared for what happened as she was.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #374
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
A bit surprised Robbie went over Luke, but again not being able to reach that rocker image he wanted doomed him. And the rumors are that long hair of his...is a wig.

Yeah, TMZ quoted one of the backstage people as saying his hair was the "blonde elephant in the room."
Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #375
IrishHand
Mascot

Is it just me, or have the last two weeks been wholly without suspense? They just started off with SO many mediocre singing talents and forgettable characters that you could have axed half of them almost at random (set aside 2-3 of them) and not diminished my interest one bit. Indeed, I'd have been grateful they saved me a few weeks.

I'm glad Kady stayed over the forgettable blonde (Alaina). Kady's got that "I am the devil" evil look and her video clips are highly entertaining.
IrishHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #376
Ksyrup

This season is no different than any other. They could axe 18 people the first night and we wouldn't miss much, but they wouldn't get 4-5 months of ratings out of it, either.

I'm going to miss next week's performances, so I guess that's the bright side of Amanda coming back.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #377
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
The Filipina is going to last until the final 3 or 2 women, just based on Filipino votes alone.
Fillipinos have like...eight phones per capita! Imelda Marcos had over 500!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #378
Subby
lolzcat

hmmm...or was that shoes?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #379
Ksyrup

Couple pieces of info from the "oh boy!" department:

Ruben Studdard is back on “American Idol’s” radar.

The Season 2 winner will perform the “farewell song” used to play off contestants as they are eliminated from the top 12. This year, the song will be a cover of Kenny Loggins’ “Celebrate Me Home,” in a new version produced by Terry Lewis and Jimmy Jam.

We can now confirm the rumors that have been swirling about Blake’s return to American Idol…he will in fact appear on the March 6th results show to perform his new single, “How Many Words.”
Old 02-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #380
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
hmmm...or was that shoes?

Shoe phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #381
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

After tonight's batch, Luke needs to go and Danny, but I doubt Danny will go anywhere given the VFTW crowd so it will probably be Chickezie (sp?).

David Cook made me actually not hate that song.

David A really needs to do something other than a ballad, I agree with Simon about the whole gloomy thing. Plus, I'm watching AI, I don't care about any social commentary really.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #382
adubroff
High School JV

I thought this was one of the better whole episodes in a good long while. I was not completely displeased with anybody...

David Hernandez - he's got bigtime game and he brought it tonight. I think this is by far his best and he's in the lead thus far
DavidC - by far most original of night. He "put his own stamp on it". No major flaws and changing it that much buys you a lot of latitude.
DavidA - bigtime voice, pacing a bit weird but he's got pure natural skills.
Mike - Great Song again. Not his finest work but I could still see Judd NElson in detention
Gen Noriega - Great song and I actually thought he pulled it off which is a rarity for him.
LukeM - lacks the force - are we in a rush here? Voice sounds better than it has but he's butchering the song
JasonC - C might stand for C ya later. That song is so distinctive and I think he failed on it. Major difference for me and the judges here. I love the song so maybe I'm biased.
Chikeze - average and tonight average won't do.
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #383
korme
Go Reds

Who originally sang "Tainted Love"?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #384
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubroff View Post
I thought this was one of the better whole episodes in a good long while. I was not completely displeased with anybody...

I agree. By far the best night for the guys. I think they just all made good song choices (except for one, but I have a feeling no one is going to agree with me). A true break-out performance by David Cook. He has a good rock-voice, but he is still a poor mans Daughtery. He just doesn't have the charisma he needs to really pull it off. I think he needs a band.

My first statement that will get me killed...Micheal just didn't pull that song off to me. He has been completely underwhelming to me. He would be in my bottom three (with Luke and Chikkie) and might actually be who I'd kick. His vocals aren't impressive to me at all.

Second Statement to get me killed...I really don't want to like Danny, but I do. He's just fun, or something.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #385
kurtism
High School Varsity

Quote:

Soft Cell
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #386
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:

Originally Gloria Jones, but tonight was a cover of Soft Cell's version.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #387
GrantDawg

Quote:

I wanted to say The Fixx, but it was Soft Cell.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #388
kurtism
High School Varsity

S'ok, Randy apparently thinks Mike Hutchence was in Simple Minds
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #389
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtism View Post
S'ok, Randy apparently thinks Mike Hutchence was in Simple Minds

Yeah, that was pretty funny....or sad. Either way.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #390
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Yeah, that was pretty funny....or sad. Either way.

I think he was just comparing Aussies.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #391
Joe
Pro Starter

he really has a strong resemblance to Michael Hutchence, or I think so at least
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #392
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

David A sucked ass big time. He was off key most of the song and had no clue how to pace the song.

Gay boy Danny needs to go home!!! His whole demeanor is enough to make me sick.

David H and David C ruled the roost tonight, and the Ausie guy did well too.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #393
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
David A sucked ass big time. He was off key most of the song and had no clue how to pace the song.

what???

oh jeeeeeez
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #394
korme
Go Reds

Cook & Castro FTW!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #395
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Column posted at the Frontier:

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=238

Overall: It was a solid night for the guys, with no disasters, and, as usual, the three Davids setting the mark. All three will be hard to beat down the road.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #396
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Wow, what a fantastic episode. Easily the best in a long while. Right off the bat, I would buy two of the singles from that show (David Cook and Jason Castro). Of course, I agree with Simon in that the Jeff Buckley version of the song is one of the better "lesser known" performances of all time. Here's the overall ranking:

1. David Cook - Great idea, nearly flawless performance and the sound was great with the arrangement.
2. Jason Castro - Very difficult song to nail and he did just that. The mood and band was setup perfectly as well.
3. David Hernandez - Another high degree of difficulty and he is beginning to grow on me (and no, it's not because I found out that he danced at a gay bar 40 minutes from where I live).
4. Michael Johns - The Michael Hutchence comparisons are somewhat legit. I was a huge INXS fan growing up, so he's certainly a "poor man's" version - but he has the same style and his voice could be in that mold. Still, I enjoy his performances and while he wasn't as technically strong as the top 3, it still was a solid job.
5. David A - Without last week, it may have been top 4. Still, he went to the well one too many times with the "lovers lament" crying ballad. He did a nice job and would have been a top performance on most nights, but it was just average tonight.
6. Chikeze - I actually like the Luther Vandross version of this song - so it was a good song choice for me. Still, he wasn't as strong as the others, but he should be good enough to be OK.
7. Danny - He did OK with it, but it was a little corney. Like with David A (but a few levels below), on some nights this would be a mid-level performance. But, tonight, it's bottom 2.
8. Luke - I liked him when he did Queen, it was a great song choice. Tonight was blah, especially when such strong performances followed him. Easily the worst.

Overall, I thought 6 of the 7 performances were not half bad (with 2 being very good). Good showing for Idol - I also think Luke and Danny should be gone. Still, I think Danny has a bit of a following and may end up pulling it out (with Chikeze sliding in his spot). My guess, though, is that it is Luke and Danny - which would be the right choice.

Last edited by Arles : 03-04-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #397
Rizon
Pro Starter

Best part of the night was when our signal cut out for 3 seconds. Gave me a chance to wipe the blood from my ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #398
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Best part of the night was when our signal cut out for 3 seconds. Gave me a chance to wipe the blood from my ears.
Honestly, if you didn't like tonight - why even watch the show? Morbid curiousity? I hate it to break it to you but there probably won't be a much better show for the rest of the season.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #399
Swaggs
Coordinator

I like the show, but I really did not enjoy tonight's performances either.

When Noriega puts on one of the more masculine performances in, that really says something about the rest of the crowd. Two songs made popular by female artists (Celine and Whitney) and a song by Wham? Archuleta singing a Phil Collins song didn't fit well to me, either. I thought Cook was very good and I enjoy Michael Johns' voice and performance, but he is rough around the edges as a singer. I don't like Castro because he seems way too fabricated to me, but I suppose he did alright.

All in all, I thought the performances were brought way down by the song choices for the most part.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #400
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I almost shit myself when that wham song came on. All he needed was the Choose Life shirt. Man these people are morons.

Danny is just spectacular. He has to win.