Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #151
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, Conduit kindof snuck up on me. I know it had been mentioned once in this thread before but I really hadn't read anything about it. I really hope that because the Wii has a larger install base that it doesn't become another Perfect Dark- a great game which didn't sell as well as it should have (tho PD's biggest problem was being at the end of a dev cycle).

I started reading into it, and I'm definitely intrigued.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-07-2009 at 11:16 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #152
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

11 more days!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #153
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
11 more days!!!

Yuzzur. I cannot wait.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #154
MJ4H
Coordinator

Contra Rebirth coming to WiiWare May 12th (in Japan)

2 player co-op confirmed, but no idea if online or local only.

Last edited by MJ4H : 05-08-2009 at 07:05 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #155
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Guitar Heroes Greatest Hits is going to ROCK!!! As long as it had Freebird (which it does) it's a day 1 buy for me.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #156
Flasch186
Coordinator

7 days

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #157
DataKing
Pro Rookie

In case you weren't aware, Freebird in on Guitar Hero 2.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #158
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
7 days

This is either a countdown to this...

UFC 2009 Undisputed for Xbox 360 - UFC 2009 Undisputed Xbox360 Game - UFC 2009 Undisputed Xbox 360 Video Game

or this...

Hannah Montana: The Movie for PC - Hannah Montana: The Movie PC Game - Hannah Montana: The Movie Computer Game
Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #159
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Next two weeks are going to get my wallet. UFC game next week followed by inFamous on May 26th.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #160
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
In case you weren't aware, Freebird in on Guitar Hero 2.

I know but I can't get my PS2 versions of GH/GHII to play on my PS3 (well, I can't getthe guitars to register) There's no combo disc for PS3 like 360 has...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #161
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Guitar Heroes Greatest Hits is going to ROCK!!! As long as it had Freebird (which it does) it's a day 1 buy for me.

The set list for Smash Hits is phenomenal. There are maybe 10 songs that I'm "meh" about and I'm glad to have a bunch of these songs on the Wii and full band. It's got most of my favorite songs from the previous games, not just whatever crap they could throw into a package because they could renew the rights for cheap. I wish they had included something from Metallica, but I guess that's what GH:Metallica is for.

Spoiler

SI

Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #162
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NCAA 10 will have Create-a-school via the internet (http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...m-builder.aspx)

and also custom conferences. For me, that makes it a must-buy. And I generally can't stand console games. But inheriting a PS3 makes it a bit easier, of course.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #163
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

It will be interesting to see how our FOFC conferences will want to use (or not use) the custom school creator. I'd love to see my alma mater Wright State Raiders (who don't have a football team) beat the crap out of the Big Ten. Many people would say doing that wouldn't take much (bazinga!).
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #164
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Put in my deposit on UFC Undisputed. Have picked out the old games which I will be trading in towards it as well. Under a week to go!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #165
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Put in my deposit on UFC Undisputed. Have picked out the old games which I will be trading in towards it as well. Under a week to go!!!

Yep. Did that as well. Also paid off Fight Night Round 4. Talk about a great summer of violence.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #166
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Punch-Out!!! has the best video game advertisement of 2009 so far:

Last edited by Big Fo : 05-13-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #167
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's pretty funny

The downside I've heard about it is that it's only 5 or so hours long to beat. I'm guessing that depends on how hard it is. If it's too hard, gamers now get frustrated whereas before you'd just button mash for hours. If it's too easy, you could beat the game in an hour or two, I'm guessing.

The sweet spot will be if they can come up with a game where you lose a few times to each fighter before being able to beat them, making the game about 10 hours long. But even that probably won't feel like you've gotten your money's worth unless there are other facets to the game.

I'm still definitely getting it, but it's probably going to have to go on sale for me to jump.

SI

Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #168
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
That's pretty funny

The downside I've heard about it is that it's only 5 or so hours long to beat. I'm guessing that depends on how hard it is. If it's too hard, gamers now get frustrated whereas before you'd just button mash for hours. If it's too easy, you could beat the game in an hour or two, I'm guessing.

The sweet spot will be if they can come up with a game where you lose a few times to each fighter before being able to beat them, making the game about 10 hours long. But even that probably won't feel like you've gotten your money's worth unless there are other facets to the game.

I'm still definitely getting it, but it's probably going to have to go on sale for me to jump.

SI

The impressions I've seen indicate that the single player mode is going to be relatively easy for the regular/hardcore gamer. Hopefully they have a tougher difficulty level in the works.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #169
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

re: Punch-Out length - this could be considered a spoiler

Spoiler
Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #170
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep Big Fo, that's what I've read also.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #171
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

reminds me of this video

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #172
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Surprised they haven't done a Knock Out movie spoof yet...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #173
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Dandy trailer from Uncharted 2. First one was a must-have game. I'll be picking this one up on release day as well.........

PS3 Video: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #174
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Nice little gem on PSN that was released last week. I hadn't heard anything about ZEN Pinball, but it's a really good game. Pinball physics are good and there is an online tournament mode included. Well worth the $10 purchase.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #175
bhlloy
Coordinator

Holy crap this sounds like the best sports console game ever... if they manage to implement this stuff on top of BAP properly.

hxxp://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/EA-Sports-embraces-first-person-fights-homer-fa?urn=nhl,164642#remaining-content
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #176
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I just wanted to chime in here on a little puzzle game called Peggle. It's on 360 Arcade, DS, and PC. Definitely the best puzzle game I've played in a long time. The best way to describe it is a combination of pachinko, pinball, and plinko (that's right...the Price is Right plinko). It's seriously amazing and I definitely recommend it to anyone to try. At least download the demo. I heart Peggle

89% on Metacritic

hxxp://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/peggle?q=peggle
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #177
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

nice, but I'll stick to my good ole Mike Tyson Punchout on NES downstairs until the battery in the cart dies
Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #178
MJ4H
Coordinator

1up.com gave Punchout for Wii a 100 out of 100 review score.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #179
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I just wanted to chime in here on a little puzzle game called Peggle. It's on 360 Arcade, DS, and PC. Definitely the best puzzle game I've played in a long time. The best way to describe it is a combination of pachinko, pinball, and plinko (that's right...the Price is Right plinko). It's seriously amazing and I definitely recommend it to anyone to try. At least download the demo. I heart Peggle

89% on Metacritic

hxxp://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/peggle?q=peggle

Yep, it's been awhile since I've gotten so much mileage on a game so cheap. My 5 year old loves it and I find it to be the perfect relaxing game when I don't feel like getting into a longer type of game. I'm now addicted to clearing the boards completely of all the balls, not just the orange ones. It's an excellent game.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #180
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Great news for PS3 owners who enjoy classic RPG's. Demon's Souls is being published in North America. It's received great reviews overseas. It's been a big import favorite.

PlayStation Insider - PSINext Discuss PS3, PS2, PSP - PS3 News
Old 05-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #181
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
1up.com gave Punchout for Wii a 100 out of 100 review score.

Nintendo World Report follows suit and gives it a 10/10. Must be tons of fun. Can't wait for it.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #182
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

IGN gives it 8.8, Gamespot 8.5. Seems short but that's really the only complaint anyone has (oh and the play control if you use the Wii Fit board, which just wasn't going to work with something involving pattern matching and quick reactions). As soon as someone has it on sale, I'm there.

SI

Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #183
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
IGN gives it 8.8, Gamespot 8.5. Seems short but that's really the only complaint anyone has (oh and the play control if you use the Wii Fit board, which just wasn't going to work with something involving pattern matching and quick reactions). As soon as someone has it on sale, I'm there.

SI

It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that the game is relatively short. However, I'm not sure that being short is a terribly good reason to give a game a lower score. The perfect scores are just as ridiculous for that matter.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #184
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I picked up a Wii and Punch Out last night.

Having a blast so far.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #185
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that the game is relatively short. However, I'm not sure that being short is a terribly good reason to give a game a lower score. The perfect scores are just as ridiculous for that matter.

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with the scores- I'll have to play to see. It's also not the reason I'm delaying buying the game either- that's just because I'm cheap

SI

Old 05-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #186
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

As a sidenote, has anyone been bad enough to lose to Glass Joe in either version of the game?

***prepares mocking laugh***
Old 05-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #187
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with the scores- I'll have to play to see. It's also not the reason I'm delaying buying the game either- that's just because I'm cheap

Nintendo games take forever to drop in price, right now I'm waiting on some kind of deal on Excitebots.

For Punch Out the best I've seen is a $10 gift card at Best Buy or a $54 game/nunchuck combo at Target.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #188
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

SI

I'm sure that anyone that buys it will enjoy the game and get their money's worth. I just think the 'OMG, it got a perfect score - it must be awesome' comments are better reserved for a message board where rational thought isn't involved.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #189
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sure that anyone that buys it will enjoy the game and get their money's worth. I just think the 'OMG, it got a perfect score - it must be awesome' comments are better reserved for a message board where rational thought isn't involved.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #190
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So, I need to walk back to the store and get punchout? I have no desire to exercise and play, so how is the button mashing aspect?

I'm sure it's old news, but Wii Sports Resort is available to pre order, and comes out July 26th.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #191
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
it must be awesome' comments are better reserved for a message board where rational thought isn't involved.

About time you admit you aren't rational.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #192
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
About time you admit you aren't rational.

So true.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #193
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So, I need to walk back to the store and get punchout? I have no desire to exercise and play, so how is the button mashing aspect?

I'm sure it's old news, but Wii Sports Resort is available to pre order, and comes out July 26th.

The preferred method of play is via buttons. You turn the controller sideways NES style.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #194
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Instead of doing New Play Control releases like some of the old Gamecube games reworked for motion/IR controls, Nintendo is going to release Metroid Prime Triology on August 24. Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are reworked for widescreen 480p graphics and the control scheme from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption which is also on the disk.

ign.com preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew

Naw, the game can be played old-school NES style. As for whether you need to walk back to the store or not that would depend on how much you liked the old games or puzzle/quick thinking types of games in general. In case you're unfamiliar with the series it's nothing like EA's Fight Night or any kind of boxing sim.

Last edited by Big Fo : 05-22-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #195
MJ4H
Coordinator

wowowowow soooo good. (the Metroid thing)
Old 05-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #196
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Nice little gem on PSN that was released last week. I hadn't heard anything about ZEN Pinball, but it's a really good game. Pinball physics are good and there is an online tournament mode included. Well worth the $10 purchase.

It's pissing me off right now. I love pinball games, but I'm clearly not very good at them, because this one, it seems like half the balls I hit rebound *just* right to drain out without an opportunity to save them. Especially coming down the left side instead of the middle where I at least have flippers.

So, to the pinball community at large, how in the hell do you avoid shit like that? I see 46 million point tables, and that doesn't happen just because of lucky bounces. What am I doing wrong?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #197
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Nobody playing inFamous yet? I traded Warzone 2 in this afternoon and got it for $30. Spent the rest of the afternoon playing it up until it was youth soccer time. Loving the game. Honestly the only thing I can complain about after 3 hours of play today is the fact that I was kind of hoping for a little longer opening "movie" scene. Not a big deal at all though, and I am sure plenty of people will be fine getting to gameplay quickly.

I just like how the whole thing is set up so far, and they have done a good job of mixing it up some so far. The ability upgrade system is nice, having to earn points to buy upgrades. Some things have been kind of easy, while others not so at all, a good mix I think especially while learning to play. I like how early on they kind of explain (or give an excuse for) how you are not able to get in cars because of the power. Being in water is also very interesting.

Just insanely fun so far, it was more then worth trading in Warzone 2 for. I liked that game, but so far inFamous is twice as fun for me. So far it's my game of the year, though I have much more playing to do, I admit.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #198
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I liked that game, but so far inFamous is twice as fun for me. So far it's my game of the year, though I have much more playing to do, I admit.

inFamous is a fabulous game. I'm a huge fan of The Show, but from a non-sports perspective, it's going to be extremely difficult to top inFamous. I absolute LOVE the way the story is told in graphic novel form. Comic book geeks will eat this up.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #199
Calis
College Starter

I might have to give inFamous a rental at some point. I must be in the minority that found the demo underwhelming. It looked snazzy and the powers were fun, but the world seemed kind of boring and I didn't care for the feel of the combat.

Should be a game right up my alley though, so maybe the full game will catch me more. I was looking forward to both this and Prototype.

I'll have to stop playing Undisputed long enough to try either of them though.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #200
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
I might have to give inFamous a rental at some point. I must be in the minority that found the demo underwhelming. It looked snazzy and the powers were fun, but the world seemed kind of boring and I didn't care for the feel of the combat.

Should be a game right up my alley though, so maybe the full game will catch me more. I was looking forward to both this and Prototype.

I'll have to stop playing Undisputed long enough to try either of them though.

I didn't try the demo. What powers did they have for you to use? As I go on I am enjoying fighting more and more (woke up at 4 AM because of a storm and have played a couple hours this morning). The more powers I unlock, the more experience I gain, it is changing the way I fight. More variety of attacks, jumping around. The guys that disappear and pop up somewhere else are fun to fight. I just got the Precision ability and that is cool, like sniping with electricity.