Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: FOOL To OOTP13?
Yes 7 63.64%
No 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
hyde4us11
Coordinator

FOOL & OOTP13 Poll

Should we move FOOL to OOTP 13? Please only vote if you're in FOOL.

If this passes we'll do the conversion after the 2166 season. We'll also implement the rules that were put in for FOOLX.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 05-28-2012 at 08:10 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I voted No because there is no "No, for now" option.

I am fine with moving FOOL to OOP13 at some point, but I would prefer we run a few seasons in FOOLX first and make sure we don't run into any particular game changers there before we switch both leagues over.

Plus, I know some expressed concern about the cost. I think CF was one of them, and I certainly wouldn't want to lose such an active owner because of switching to OOTP13. Heck, it's not even a slam dunk right now for me to get it, although I probably will anyway.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Afino
High School Varsity

I'm with Chief. Let's wait a few seasons.
FOOL Classic Champions
2166, 2189, 2205, 2206, 2208

Ann Arbor Wolverines GM 2052-
RL Playoffs
2052-'53,'60,'62,'78,'82,'84,'86-'87,'97-'01,'03,'10-'14, '23, '24, '25, '26, '27, '28, '31
RL Champions
2052-53,'60,'86-'87,'97-'00,2103,'10,'14,'23, '24, '25, '26, '28, '31
FOOL Classic Champions
2053, 2087, 2099, 2123, 2124, 2126, 2128, 2131
Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I voted yes before reading the comments - I do agree with CR. But I would to transfer things to 13 at some point.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've been a little busy and haven't totally weighed in as I don't think it really matters what I think. It was mentioned to me why I didn't speak up before. I say this every year. Every time someoone tries to make me buy MORE software even tho I already own some.

I'm actually okay with not being in both leagues anymore and quit FOOLX. I haven't enjoyed either league since I joined FOOLX and took over the bishops even tho I always enjoy bringing a badc team up to playoff quality. Just hard to make time for both and REMEMBER to do everything all three days. (as I kept misremembering which team I had already updated.)

And sure, eventually I see it okay to skip ahead to 14. But I still don't agree with the thought that "unless you buy the new software and upgrade NOW you will never be able to recruit replacements" philosophy. That's just marketing talk. That's exactly what they want you to think and do when they roll this stuff out every year and I really hate these kinds of marketing ploys especially when each version introduces new bugs when they don't even bother fixing the old bugs.

And it's just not true that you'll never fill a team. If you put effort into recruiting, then you will get people. If you put none in, you get none. Plain and simple. Looking at the other side. If you DO like the idea of switching to new software. Losing a few and gaining a few each time you do, well that says little of even caring who is in the league.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I do care who is in the league and thats why I've bought 2 extra games to offer to you guys. I've offered one person one of them already and I'd appreciate it if that person would speak about that to show that I've been thinking it the whole time. Thats also why I sent you a PM asking about AIM a week ago to talk to you about giving you the other. Thanks for giving me a chance to work with you to try to help. I DO CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE LEAGUE SO I SPENT MY OWN MONEY TO HELP.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was speaking more in general (the general you not you specifaclly since I know no decision had been made) but you didn't really say what you wanted. Been busy this week but assumed you were just going to say "we're going to move onto 13 in foolx for sure so sorry okay?" or something like that since you didn't even mention what you wanted. I mean that's a wonderful generous offer. I wasn't really looking for charity or anything nor to purposely slam people. More saying my feelings on these constant upgrades in every ootp league I joined NOT just this one as I've been through this a lot in many many leagues as it gets a little disheartening. And really just trying anything I can to try and talk you guys out of advancing both leagues.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Hyde offered me a license and I've been playing using his spare for a LONG time now. I hate needing or accepting "charity" but it has ALWAYS been offered as long a Dan has been the commissioner. We're lucky to have him! I know he would keep us all by any means necessary which includes walking us through the upgrades step by step EVERY time and offering the game for free if any of us should ever fall on hard times. Thanks for everything that you do, Dan!!!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and I don't begrudge him being pissed off at me now really. Just trying to argue a point as I was of the impression I was going to be out of both leagues.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Thanks Teach for the kind words. CF its over with so I'm all good. Please though let me have a chance in the future. I hope you are a part of the future here until the leagues die. The leagues dying would only be because the commish of the leagues died. I'm in this for the long haul thats for sure. Heck I even play by my house rules against you guys so I have a hard time winning. FTR you guys are way harder to beat then the AI in my solo league. lol

CF lets just move on and if you want to work through getting you a license let me know. I'd be happy to still offer you it. Its not charity because family don't get charity they get gifts.

My grammar sucks I know.