Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #2101
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I believe we are failing at the bolded request.

Oops I was half asleep when I read this last night. I just thought we were not supposed to vote for it in thread.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #2102
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry for the above GE, now see you meant Grover. But I must say that you have to give me more than you have the highest scores if you want me to support your case with Grover. Are you doing something besides research/engineering that will help the colony in some way like you hinted at in our previous discussion of my mistaken (somewhat) comment about you? I'm letting Grover make the decisions about his team here, so I have to support him over you unless you give me a reason to otherwise.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #2103
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Hey Chief, mind turning off the No Vacancy sign over at the medical center. I may have a date this evening.

Now where can I find some flowers on this barren planet?

I'll be in the office late. Come on in!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #2104
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
sorry for the above GE, now see you meant Grover. But I must say that you have to give me more than you have the highest scores if you want me to support your case with Grover. Are you doing something besides research/engineering that will help the colony in some way like you hinted at in our previous discussion of my mistaken (somewhat) comment about you? I'm letting Grover make the decisions about his team here, so I have to support him over you unless you give me a reason to otherwise.

I should have done a better job of quoting.

Am I doing something secret that benefits the colony? Hmmm. If i was doing something, would it be in the best interest for me to divulge it? Probably not.

The issue with Grover is that he is just not that talented of an engineer. I don't know his score or credentials, but I know mine. I can say with 100% confidence that I am the best engineer and scientist on this colony. If you want to take that person off the engineering team, by all means go ahead. But I don't think that would be the sign of a very effective leader.

If anything, you should remove Grover from his position and appoint me as primary engineer if that is is your powers as leader.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #2105
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

Am I doing something secret that benefits the colony? Hmmm. If i was doing something, would it be in the best interest for me to divulge it? Probably not.

The issue with Grover is that he is just not that talented of an engineer. I don't know his score or credentials, but I know mine. I can say with 100% confidence that I am the best engineer and scientist on this colony. If you want to take that person off the engineering team, by all means go ahead. But I don't think that would be the sign of a very effective leader.

If anything, you should remove Grover from his position and appoint me as primary engineer if that is is your powers as leader.

You may be right, but Grover was voted in. We're not going to remove him "just cuz" you said so, without any new information.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #2106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Mine didn't include it either. It just said I was a highly liked leader of a group of successful people. I assume I have the highest social skills due to certain events and information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
You don't.

Quote:
Which is something you keep saying... But I can assure you I do...

Shouldn't the two of you social butterflies be able to work this one out?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #2107
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
You may be right, but Grover was voted in. We're not going to remove him "just cuz" you said so, without any new information.

Thank you for your support, Raven. This is what I have been getting at. He has continually said he is the best at engineering without providing specific examples or proof of WHY he's the best. It's his word against mine.

Like I've said, I have an engineering and science background. I'm an astronaut, I spent two years on the ISS. I am highly qualified to be the Lead Engineer. I think I have proven myself to be such so far with the success of our designs in defense and the construction of our Biodome.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #2108
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah we probably are, but font and I should be able to discuss it at least

I think the discussion is perfect fine. But the actual voting should remain secret.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #2109
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Thomkal, I would like you to remove GoldenEagle from the Engineering team and appoint The Jackal.
This seems like a good idea. I originally kept Jackal off the Engineering team to use him on the Med Center. He's no longer needed there, so why not put him where he's useful.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #2110
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Shouldn't the two of you social butterflies be able to work this one out?

Nothing to work out. I can lead ya'll to water (which we have a lot of) but I can't make you drink.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #2111
fontisian
College Prospect

I have more faith in Thomkal than about anyone else in the game right now, so I'm willing to leave the leadership position to him.

Zinto: Did you ever go into more detail on your abilities?

I dislike how self-centered DanGarion and GoldenEagle are when talking about their abilities and needs. They both attack the leaders (me, Thomkal and now Grover) for decisions that have served us well without adequately being able to explain why.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #2112
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
I think the discussion is perfect fine. But the actual voting should remain secret.

DG is correct. EF responded to my PM that the vote needs to be done in confidence. Any discussion regarding abilities or repercussions is open game.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #2113
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I have more faith in Thomkal than about anyone else in the game right now, so I'm willing to leave the leadership position to him.

I dislike how self-centered DanGarion and GoldenEagle are when talking about their abilities and needs. They both attack the leaders (me, Thomkal and now Grover) for decisions that have served us well without adequately being able to explain why.

Served us well? We have dead piling up, injuries daily and I've been trying to get the damn supplies since day one and neither of you have taken the initiative to do so until you are forced to because we are out of supplies. I'd say my track record speaks for itself. I see the big picture. It benefits us to get the resources we NEED first before we start wasting the limited resources we had on luxuries. We are supposed to set up a colony, with less colonists we have less man power to do the work that we will need to do to SURVIVE.

Who the hell starts building and using our limited resources before we even have the resources to support ourselves? Show me where in your history books it shows that is the best course of action. How about you Mr. General. You wouldn't even go into war without support would you? Unless you were looking to fight a battle where the end would benefit you more than the collateral damage of all the dead and injured.

Research and Building is fine and dandy once we have our bearings but doing those things before we even have the resources to support ourselves shows me where your true colors are, and they aren't here to protect those of us that are doing the real work.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:59 PM   #2114
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am great at social and average at everything else.

Here you go Font.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #2115
Thomkal
Head Coach

remove goldeneagle from engineering team
appoint thejackal to engineering team
Old 02-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #2116
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Here you go Font.
Thanks. Can you get a little more specific on the distribution?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #2117
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Not attempting to stoke the wildfire that is already out of control. But in case it is of any value, the night that I was protecting CR while he recovered from his unfortunate accident, I was not aware of anyone else doing the same.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #2118
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Thanks Font, I appreciate your vote of confidence, and I hope you will continue to counsel me in the days ahead should I win. Is there any position/section you would work best in?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #2119
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Served us well? We have dead piling up, injuries daily and I've been trying to get the damn supplies since day one and neither of you have taken the initiative to do so until you are forced to because we are out of supplies. I'd say my track record speaks for itself. I see the big picture. It benefits us to get the resources we NEED first before we start wasting the limited resources we had on luxuries. We are supposed to set up a colony, with less colonists we have less man power to do the work that we will need to do to SURVIVE.

Who the hell starts building and using our limited resources before we even have the resources to support ourselves? Show me where in your history books it shows that is the best course of action. How about you Mr. General. You wouldn't even go into war without support would you? Unless you were looking to fight a battle where the end would benefit you more than the collateral damage of all the dead and injured.

Research and Building is fine and dandy once we have our bearings but doing those things before we even have the resources to support ourselves shows me where your true colors are, and they aren't here to protect those of us that are doing the real work.

Ah, so we can go gather supplies repeatedly whenever we want some, right?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #2120
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Not attempting to stoke the wildfire that is already out of control. But in case it is of any value, the night that I was protecting CR while he recovered from his unfortunate accident, I was not aware of anyone else doing the same.

Heh, "unfortunate accident".

My memory recall also only has Shoveler watching over me that night, although I don't know that that fact has been questioned at all.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #2121
timmae
College Starter

Would love to have had DG go on his rant about 6 days ago... Alas, here we are. Lets all go foraging... I have the sunscreen!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #2122
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Ah, so we can go gather supplies repeatedly whenever we want some, right?

Is that what I said...? No I said we should have gathered ALL the supplies from the start. We need those supplies to make any of the things we are doing useful. I mean I want my easy bake cremation oven. I love well done martian.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #2123
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm still waiting to hear my deep, dark secret.

nah i don't really know yours was just pissed at you
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #2124
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I can say with 100% confidence that I am the best engineer and scientist on this colony.

Delusions from fantasy island.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #2125
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Thanks Font, I appreciate your vote of confidence, and I hope you will continue to counsel me in the days ahead should I win. Is there any position/section you would work best in?
With the exception of my social score, my stats aren't that great. I think keeping me around as a general jack of all trades (except engineering) is a good idea.

I am not fond of the idea of sharing secrets from earth. It reminds me too much of the clue game, where sharing those weaknesses led to an easy murder win. Sharing abilities, stats and goals, on the other hand, is absolutely vital.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #2126
Thomkal
Head Coach

ok off to dinner and such, be back in a couple of hours.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #2127
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Would love to have had DG go on his rant about 6 days ago... Alas, here we are. Lets all go foraging... I have the sunscreen!

Six days ago we didn't have anyone dead... If only those that are dead now would have had someone looking out for them maybe they would still be alive today.

But as we have found out there are already some people here that are used to people dying under their watch and those that enjoy roughing up others.

*shrug*

I might as well keep my mouth shut since everything I say is falling on deaf ears.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #2128
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, busy day today; my youngest daughter's birthday. Trying to catch up now but then it will be her birthday dinner and celebration. Will be on probably from around 8:30 until catching up near deadline. Will answer any PM's (I see several waiting me) if there are questions.

Thank her for saving you from a BMS...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #2129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is that what I said...? No I said we should have gathered ALL the supplies from the start. We need those supplies to make any of the things we are doing useful. I mean I want my easy bake cremation oven. I love well done martian.

I wasn't making a point about what you said. I was making a point about your overvaluing of those supplies.

Those supplies aren't replenishable. Going to get them doesn't save the colony. It's a one time thing, that's it.

We could have gotten the supplies first, and then did all that we did. Or we have what we did, which was build first and then go get supplies. It doesn't really matter. In the end, we end up in the same place--a built colony with unreplenishable resources.

Until we actually develop replenishable resources, this colony is doomed to failure. Going to get those other supplies, only moves your friendly scheduled colony demise down a day or two or however long those supplies will last.

By holding off, we have mitigated our risk of actually going to get the supplies, as who knows what is out there. And when we return with them, we will have some infrastructure in place to take care of them.

My main point is, you had this all big rant about how things would have been so better if we championed "your plan" to go get supplies from the start instead of going about it the way we did, but it is really pretty meaningless. We end up in the same place either way.

So that's what you hung your leadership hat on? Kinda like campaigning for President on the platform you can grab one homeless guy a glass of water, or paying for weatherproof windows for one randomly selected family.

Now, if you have a plan for an actual replenishable resource, I'm all ears.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #2130
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:

Here's the thing. I suspect we all started with the same total stat scores. For you to be telling the truth, you would have to be completely concentrated in two fields, unlike every other person who has come forward so far. So, I'm inclined to believe that you are either lying or delusional.

GanDarion: 1. The decision to to build instead of collect supplies was a group one, thought admittedly one I influenced.
2. We have lost two people, both of whom were inactive. Are you really trying to fear monger and claim that we're on the point of death?
3. Building things worked, and each thing took time to get running. We have food, science, defenses, information, an outed stowaway, and relatively few injuries. I suspect that if we had gone to gather supplies and fallen behind on other efforts or lost people in the defense, you would argue that it all would have turned out better if only you were in charge.
4. Your previous complaints were all about not being put on missions that both were not suited for your skills and passed without you. Your complaints come off as ridiculous.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #2131
timmae
College Starter

Wish her Happy Birthday from the Mars prison ship passengers!!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #2132
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't making a point about what you said. I was making a point about your overvaluing of those supplies.

Those supplies aren't replenishable. Going to get them doesn't save the colony. It's a one time thing, that's it.

We could have gotten the supplies first, and then did all that we did. Or we have what we did, which was build first and then go get supplies. It doesn't really matter. In the end, we end up in the same place--a built colony with unreplenishable resources.

Until we actually develop replenishable resources, this colony is doomed to failure. Going to get those other supplies, only moves your friendly scheduled colony demise down a day or two or however long those supplies will last.

By holding off, we have mitigated our risk of actually going to get the supplies, as who knows what is out there. And when we return with them, we will have some infrastructure in place to take care of them.

My main point is, you had this all big rant about how things would have been so better if we championed "your plan" to go get supplies from the start instead of going about it the way we did, but it is really pretty meaningless. We end up in the same place either way.

So that's what you hung your leadership hat on? Kinda like campaigning for President on the platform you can grab one homeless guy a glass of water, or paying for weatherproof windows for one randomly selected family.

Now, if you have a plan for an actual replenishable resource, I'm all ears.

Completely agree. Basically because of all the work we've done to this point, we can go gather supplies while the colony has some defenses, rather than we go looking for supplies and come back to find everything destroyed or stolen. We did things in the proper order.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #2133
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
4. Your previous complaints were all about not being put on missions that both were not suited for your skills and passed without you. Your complaints come off as ridiculous.

I did mention that I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs and that I was PHYSICALLY able to complete tasks just as much as you.

It doesn't really matter since you are no longer in charge.

Just as before I'll do whatever work my leader wants even if I don't agree with the work. I'll lead by example of being a hard worker supporting our colony as a whole and not looking out for my personal agenda.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #2134
Grover
Pro Starter

Wow. A lot happened during my drive home from work.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #2135
timmae
College Starter

So a mobster, a chemist and a mechanic walk into a cell...
Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #2136
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I did mention that I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs and that I was PHYSICALLY able to complete tasks just as much as you.

It doesn't really matter since you are no longer in charge.

Just as before I'll do whatever work my leader wants even if I don't agree with the work. I'll lead by example of being a hard worker supporting our colony as a whole and not looking out for my personal agenda.
Yes. And I left you on the main task instead of healing because I suspected your stats there were better than mine. What is your complaint again?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #2137
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
We need the supplies before we explore. Need to get the supplies to create some weaponry for defense out there. Can't go exploring with no means to protect ourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah, no sense researching offensive capabilities if we don't have any materials with which to construct martian death rays

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I also think there's merit in having weaponry before we explore places, even if by not exploring we're kind of in the dark. But rushing out to unknown places without methods of defending yourself seems foolish.

These posts play into my thinking. Gather the rest of our supplies, get research done for offense, develop whatever we can, then go exploring (beyond the flatlands, which seem safe enough.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #2138
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you want to vote Thomkal go for it but make him step down as sheriff today before we allow him to become the leader.

Concur here. I hope martial law is a bell we can un-ring, too.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #2139
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Concur here. I hope martial law is a bell we can un-ring, too.

Cant really have martial law if nobody is enforcing it.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #2140
Grover
Pro Starter

I believe Thomkal has said he would step down if elected leader.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #2141
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm done for the night. See you after the deadline...
Old 02-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #2142
Autumn
Head Coach

vote gather supplies
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #2143
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I believe Thomkal has said he would step down if elected leader.

I am afraid of putting all our eggs in one basket. What if Thomkal ends up being the murderer? There is no way we should allow him to hold both positions.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #2144
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am afraid of putting all our eggs in one basket. What if Thomkal ends up being the murderer? There is no way we should allow him to hold both positions.

I am completely in agreement here. No one should have two leadership positions. Especially as leader and sheriff. Too great a risk to take.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #2145
timmae
College Starter

It doesn't seem like we are any closer to finding the murder or stowaway. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Are we just waiting to see who our leader and sheriff ends up being? Thom, how do we assign a sheriff if you end up as leader? Are we ok with shoveler pommeling suspect after suspect? Did we elect to imprison anyone tonight? Do we know any more about the gun and who may have it? It seems like the more information we receive the less we actually know. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #2146
Zinto
College Starter

Thom is the leader now. He needs to assign one of his deputies as the sheriff. He cannot be voted into the leader position today if he doesn't.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #2147
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
It doesn't seem like we are any closer to finding the murder or stowaway. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Are we just waiting to see who our leader and sheriff ends up being? Thom, how do we assign a sheriff if you end up as leader? Are we ok with shoveler pommeling suspect after suspect? Did we elect to imprison anyone tonight? Do we know any more about the gun and who may have it? It seems like the more information we receive the less we actually know. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Hahah it does seem like it doesn't it?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #2148
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

britrock88 is a potential replacement. I admire his honesty about using force as a law enforcement official on Earth. He could have leveraged votes to harm the colony, but did not.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #2149
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Here's the thing. I suspect we all started with the same total stat scores. For you to be telling the truth, you would have to be completely concentrated in two fields, unlike every other person who has come forward so far. So, I'm inclined to believe that you are either lying or delusional.

GanDarion: 1. The decision to to build instead of collect supplies was a group one, thought admittedly one I influenced.
2. We have lost two people, both of whom were inactive. Are you really trying to fear monger and claim that we're on the point of death?
3. Building things worked, and each thing took time to get running. We have food, science, defenses, information, an outed stowaway, and relatively few injuries. I suspect that if we had gone to gather supplies and fallen behind on other efforts or lost people in the defense, you would argue that it all would have turned out better if only you were in charge.

what font said
Old 02-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #2150
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
I think that first gather the supplies to build the weapons and then go straight ahead to explore the safest place!

I think I like you Sharkn