Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #2401
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
So vote for whomever we like, unless you don't approve? How is that voting for whomever we like?

We are working with limited information, and potentially killing someone based on that. Font has more information and is withholding it (the manifest). Being our former leader should not make her exempt - it makes her the same as the rest of us, and no less guilty than anyone else. Exempting her is counter productive to flushing out information.

I understand your concerns Raven, but I have (well had now) been in PM contact with her since the beginning of the game, so I know her a bit more than the rest of you, and she's given me no real reason to worry about her.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #2402
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote goldeneagle
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #2403
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

studies list intently
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #2404
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just want to make sure I get a vote in, having dinner at a pub and I'm not sure when I'll be checking in.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #2405
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
My investigation into the deaths revealed to me that the murderer took out Danny and Schmidty because they were weak and unable to defend themselves-that he somehow had an almost pathological need to do so. That is why I called him weak and a coward.

Before I forget, a pathological need to exploit the weak doesn't necessarily equate to low social skills. I'd think it would have an equal chance of equating to high social skills, i.e. someone who enjoys manipulating the weak-minded.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #2406
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
this post contains 100%

I love this hahaha

Here we go again... Trying to create chaos.

Guys that man should be out of the colony
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #2407
Shoveler
High School Varsity

I would equate coward to being physically inept. But Jackal has hit the nail on the head from my perspective and GE was in my crosshairs yesterday until being asked to go after Zinto.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #2408
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
So vote for whomever we like, unless you don't approve? How is that voting for whomever we like?

We are working with limited information, and potentially killing someone based on that. Font has more information and is withholding it (the manifest). Being our former leader should not make her exempt - it makes her the same as the rest of us, and no less guilty than anyone else. Exempting her is counter productive to flushing out information.

I told you Raven that unless specific evidence against her is found, I am unlikely to rule her guilty at a trial. I am glad you have spoken up against her, your vote however would be better spent on someone who is likely a better chance of actually going to trial. I will ask her right now to answer your concerns about the manifest.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #2409
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Vote: GoldenEagle
Old 02-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #2410
Thomkal
Head Coach

Font,

Some of our fellow colonists have become concerned about you holding back on information you have learned about the manifest-can you go back and find Raven's posts about it today, and tell us everything the manifest can do, and what you found out as a result?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #2411
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay I'm gone to make dinner and such-be back in a couple hours.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #2412
Zinto
College Starter

Don't worry guys. Our terrible, awful, no good, dictator decided he won't decide someone is guilty if we vote for them.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #2413
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Though the person who stuck out to me the most with their posting early on was GE, and if I end up going with gut it'll probably be him.

How have I stuck out? I think you should have more logical arguments than he just stuck out. It is not exactly like we are doing a true Day 1 here.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #2414
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
I would equate coward to being physically inept. But Jackal has hit the nail on the head from my perspective and GE was in my crosshairs yesterday until being asked to go after Zinto.

Good point about being physically inept, that could also play into that kind of pathology.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #2415
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Don't worry guys. Our terrible, awful, no good, dictator decided he won't decide someone is guilty if we vote for them.

I tend to agree with you but unfortunately I may have to put a self-survival vote on you.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #2416
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post

what nail did he hit on the head? He has like no argument here other than just a 'hunch'.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #2417
DanGarion
Coordinator

unvote Zinto

Vote Crimson Fox
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #2418
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
How have I stuck out? I think you should have more logical arguments than he just stuck out. It is not exactly like we are doing a true Day 1 here.

Your posturing about wanting to lead the engineering team but not actually being an engineer was weird, is all. Then I believe you were also making posts about not wanting to reveal things about yourself when others were being more forthright early on? Granted at that point we weren't sure what was in our best interest to reveal.

What kind of "logical" arguments do we have at our disposal here? I could make a case based on my recent previous posts for aiming at someone with high or low social + low physical from a skill standpoint. But I was also curious to see how you'd react.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #2419
DanGarion
Coordinator

With everything I have to go on looking back at everything I just think he's the best option at this time. If anyone has anything more compelling I'm willing to listen but I'm really lacking much to go on yet other than some of his posts really stood out as "out there" at the beginning...
Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #2420
The Jackal
Coordinator

As an aside, I tend to think the majority of people who pushed for a position early on likely had it tie in to personal victory conditions. I'd imagine being in power would assist the murderer's objectives, but it would also put them under the spotlight if something went wrong in their particular area.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #2421
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Your posturing about wanting to lead the engineering team but not actually being an engineer was weird, is all. Then I believe you were also making posts about not wanting to reveal things about yourself when others were being more forthright early on? Granted at that point we weren't sure what was in our best interest to reveal.

What kind of "logical" arguments do we have at our disposal here? I could make a case based on my recent previous posts for aiming at someone with high or low social + low physical from a skill standpoint. But I was also curious to see how you'd react.

I was just sort of trying to play up my character a bit. I wanted to lead the engineer team because I am the best engineer here, so it made the most sense for me to do so. Unfortunately, everyone fell into groupthink and just went with basically was suggested first. I wasn't around the first couple of days much and that hurt my campaign.

Do you really think the murder would put himself out there and create suspicious about a shady past? No. he is going to stay under-the-radar as much as possible. That is why the whole argument about me being UTR is crazy.

Let's not fall into groupthink again.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #2422
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm using UTR in comparison to some of the people who are getting looked at today, i.e. Dan and Fox. Also, if you keep spreading lies about being the best engineer that's reason enough for me to vote you.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #2423
The Jackal
Coordinator

And how does my voting of you fall into "groupthink"?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #2424
DanGarion
Coordinator

Just to be clear CF would have been my first real vote if I didn't play into Suicane's allegation of me. I reacted so quickly to assert my innocence because I am not used to someone being so against me. I should have just went with my original feeling from the start. I'm not used to being in such a powerless position...
Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #2425
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm using UTR in comparison to some of the people who are getting looked at today, i.e. Dan and Fox. Also, if you keep spreading lies about being the best engineer that's reason enough for me to vote you.

So you think someone saying they are the best engineer equates to them being a murderer?

Should I post non-sense in big bold letters so that I don't fly UTR? I can do that.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #2426
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
So you think someone saying they are the best engineer equates to them being a murderer?

Should I post non-sense in big bold letters so that I don't fly UTR? I can do that.

I guess I should have put a winky face after that sentence to echo my sentiment at the time of writing it - however you are not the best engineer here.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #2427
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And how does my voting of you fall into "groupthink"?

That more directed toward others who may vote for me.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #2428
The Jackal
Coordinator

Furthermore, I'm not really voting you because of any particular UTR leanings, I said it was mostly a placeholder based on what I recall from my gut from early on (which I expanded on, per your request), however your defensiveness is intriguing.

We're all not working with much here.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #2429
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess I should have put a winky face after that sentence to echo my sentiment at the time of writing it - however you are not the best engineer here.

All I can do is go by what information was given to me and that is that I am the best engineer and scientist in the colony. If you want to say you are the best engineer here, then that is fine but it is just simply not true.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #2430
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
All I can do is go by what information was given to me and that is that I am the best engineer and scientist in the colony. If you want to say you are the best engineer here, then that is fine but it is just simply not true.

What's the engineering equivalent of a steel cage match, because let's do that.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #2431
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Furthermore, I'm not really voting you because of any particular UTR leanings, I said it was mostly a placeholder based on what I recall from my gut from early on (which I expanded on, per your request), however your defensiveness is intriguing.

We're all not working with much here.

See post #2397 where you said you were going to vote for an UTR creative type. Your story is already starting to fall apart.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #2432
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
See post #2397 where you said you were going to vote for an UTR creative type. Your story is already starting to fall apart.

I said:

Quote:
That said, I'm probably looking more towards helpful but not creative UTR types.

That's overall, that's where I'm thinking I'm leaning on this particular day. That was before I put in what was essentially a placeholder, and is by no means set in stone .. but you're not exactly compelling me to focus on others.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #2433
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm done for most of the night until after the vote. Once I hit about 3:00 PM (pacific) here I'm getting in end of work/family time. I'll try to pay attention to what is going on but I'm pretty set on my voting.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #2434
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What's the engineering equivalent of a steel cage match, because let's do that.

I think this is that whole ego thing that EF mentioned.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #2435
The Jackal
Coordinator

All of that said, with so much unknown, I do think if there are people who aren't answering our questions and we think we'll learn the most by targeting them (whether to force them to reveal info or potentially learning about others upon their death), I'm all for it.

Font - would love for you to speak about the manifest some more.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #2436
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
I love this hahaha

Here we go again... Trying to create chaos.

Guys that man should be out of the colony

Are you actually going to contribute anything or are you just going to troll me?
You accused me of holding the colony back which is complete bullshit.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #2437
timmae
College Starter

Cue nightly CF rants...
Old 02-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #2438
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Before I forget, a pathological need to exploit the weak doesn't necessarily equate to low social skills. I'd think it would have an equal chance of equating to high social skills, i.e. someone who enjoys manipulating the weak-minded.
These aren't the murderers you're looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Font,

Some of our fellow colonists have become concerned about you holding back on information you have learned about the manifest-can you go back and find Raven's posts about it today, and tell us everything the manifest can do, and what you found out as a result?
I picked three details, but I think sharing all of this information about individual weaknesses is a mistake that could lead to blackmail and maybe even conversion. Again, I made the mistake of being very open with similar information in the clue game, and significantly helped the wolf team as a result. In addition, CF has outed himself as the stowaway and is probably telling the truth, so the impediate useful aspect of the manifest (finding the stowaway) is moot. If you really think I should share it, I will, but I can smell a backfire down the line.

And it's not "some colonists." It's Raven and now Jackal. Could some other people weigh in?

Also, could you blink twice if you are required to imprison people who speak out against you?
---

Vote DanGarion

Are you aware that your constant vote-hopping comes off as an attempt to save yourself?I'd actually be ok with voting CF, as he's almost certainly not on our side.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #2439
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
These aren't the murderers you're looking for?

I picked three details, but I think sharing all of this information about individual weaknesses is a mistake that could lead to blackmail and maybe even conversion. Again, I made the mistake of being very open with similar information in the clue game, and significantly helped the wolf team as a result. In addition, CF has outed himself as the stowaway and is probably telling the truth, so the impediate useful aspect of the manifest (finding the stowaway) is moot. If you really think I should share it, I will, but I can smell a backfire down the line.

And it's not "some colonists." It's Raven and now Jackal. Could some other people weigh in?

Also, could you blink twice if you are required to imprison people who speak out against you?
---

Vote DanGarion

Are you aware that your constant vote-hopping comes off as an attempt to save yourself?I'd actually be ok with voting CF, as he's almost certainly not on our side.

Yes I am, which is why I retracted the votes. I feel I have a reasonable excuse as to why I did it. First I voted for myself, then I voted for our leaders pick and then I made my true vote. If you think I'm trying to manipulate the vote so be it, but it was just an overcorrection to my overreaction.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:57 PM   #2440
DanGarion
Coordinator

Might I add that one day of vote hopping isn't constant...
Old 02-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #2441
timmae
College Starter

Thanks font... Appreciate what you feel you are able to discuss and also the fact that you think some information is best left unknown as a group. I only hope, and think that you do, have a good relationship with Thom and will share with him. I have to say that the leadership switch had me worried but I like how the transition has been handled.

For what it is worth I trust you as much as anyone else in this game so far. All of your statement have been consistent and have a straightforward prose. Well done in a tough position.

I also feel like Thom has gained my trust with his reaction and current position within the group. While I am not sure about his hidden objectives his goals seem to be focused in the right direction. Until he shows otherwise, like I have stated, he also has my trust.

I believe that while CF seems to be our stowaway he has not shown that he is necessarily aligned with evil interests. I have not seen a reason to think that he is directly working with the murderer. The information he has provided to date has passed my sniff test and while he is prone to hyperbole he has been correct with a lot of what he has said.

I agree with others that we need to think long and hard about how the murderer would try to fit amongst us. It seems as though having a presence but not being too strong of a persona one way or the other would be the best way to integrate oneself into the group and not draw criticism that would expose the true motives.

That is precisely, as much as we can in a game like this, why I think some of those I have previously listed as my suspects list are on that list. In some cases the stories don't add up, in others it is because they have not been up front with objectives or motives.

Right now, in no particular order, GoldenEagle, DanGarion, autumn and suicane give me the most pause. I know it now be fair to those individuals but that is how I feel. Others have been very quiet, Saldana and ntn, but haven't given me a reason to question their motives.

I have shown throughout the game that I am willing to switch my stance as information is provided and I remain open to have dialog in order to make as much as an informed decision as possible.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #2442
timmae
College Starter

Hot damn that is a ramble I just went on... Sorry about that.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #2443
Autumn
Head Coach

as much as I don't think voting the stowaway would be good, after looking back over the list for a while, I think I will be voting CrimsonFox if he doesn't divulge anything more this evening about his character and situation. If he truly is the stowaway I don't see any reason to not tell more, but other than that claim he is fishy all over. I can't get past the idea that they sent a car mechanic to Mars. Smells pretty fake.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #2444
Grover
Pro Starter

vote Golden Eagle

I have been very suspicious of him from Day 0. Claiming to be the best engineer and scientist when we likely have the same amount of points spread across the same amount of categories. That makes it very unlikely that you are the best at both. I don't believe a Computer Programmer would make the best engineer of our group as well. Everything about GoldenEagle has made me uneasy from the start. Calling for my removal from the Engineering position didn't help matters either.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #2445
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
as much as I don't think voting the stowaway would be good, after looking back over the list for a while, I think I will be voting CrimsonFox if he doesn't divulge anything more this evening about his character and situation. If he truly is the stowaway I don't see any reason to not tell more, but other than that claim he is fishy all over. I can't get past the idea that they sent a car mechanic to Mars. Smells pretty fake.

Think he has more in common with the movie, "The Mechanic" and less like an actual auto mechanic.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #2446
Raven
College Prospect

By the way, not sure who "Dave" is from the FOFC facebook group (EF?), but your post there is what brought me to the game. I know somebody mentioned they came here from the Steam forum post, so just wanted to mention how I found out about this game.

This is only my 2nd WW game, last time played was WW IV or V, back in 2005.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #2447
Autumn
Head Coach

I am super excited that we have new blood, and I hope we roll right into some more games going forward.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #2448
Autumn
Head Coach

vote crimsonfox
Old 02-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #2449
Autumn
Head Coach

Just going to put that out there. I think players whose background seems fishy are the place I'm going to focus today. There are several others, but I think CF has the most explaining to do.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #2450
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Sorry Ihave been absent for a few days. The Weather has kept me away from the computer. NO more snow here I think! woohoo!