Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #2301
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I’ve been loving it so far. They’ve done a really great job. The answers to the mysteries really aren’t all that important to me at this point. I am just enjoying the ride and what they’ve done with the universe. I felt very similarly about The Leftovers, which I loved.

This is exactly me. Wasn't familiar with the source material for the Leftovers or for this show and loved the crazyness of both of them. Probably hardcore fans had nitpicks with both but I was oblivious. I'm the opposite with Dark Tower. Couldnt understand how they made it into a 2 hour movie and was surely be disappointed with a series.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #2302
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Hulu Help

This page might be helpful.

Thank you for this! I had been looking for this info and failed. Upon looking now, it looks like they give a $5.99 credit for Hulu, and a $4.99 credit for ESPN+. So I end up with Disney for $2.01/month. Which is fair I suppose. That's what I had hoped for.

{edit: Somehow the credit isn't quite that much together. After tax, it comes out to $3 a month. Certainly doable for some SW.}

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-13-2019 at 06:13 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #2303
kingfc22
Head Coach

Really enjoyed episode 1 of The Mandalorian and I certainly became even more engaged with how the episode wrapped up. Definitely looking forward to next week.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:26 PM   #2304
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Really enjoyed episode 1 of The Mandalorian and I certainly became even more engaged with how the episode wrapped up. Definitely looking forward to next week.

I feel like there's some Scrappy Doo potential there, but the rest of the episode gave me hope that things won't be too corny.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #2305
spleen1015
Coordinator

My only issue with the Mandalorian was finding out after watching the first episode that I couldn't watch the next one until Friday.

I don't know if it is a smart movie by Disney to release new episodes weekly, but we'll see.

FYI, the Mandalorian episode that would be released on the Friday the week if the next SW movie is being released on Wednesday instead. I guess they want to give all of the attention to the movie that week.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #2306
Kodos
Resident Alien

I signed up for Hulu + Live w/out ads and with the DVR as my PS Vue replacement yesterday, then grabbed the bundle deal with ESPN+ and Disney+. I'm impressed with what Disney+ has to offer, and enjoyed the first episode of the Mandalorian. My wife, who isn't into Star Wars except for the new trilogy, said it was "okay", which is a win.

On Hulu, I like how you can specify that you want to record specific teams in specific sports. I wish Vue had that feature so I didn't have to wade through all the college football games to find the IU game.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-13-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #2307
Edward64
Head Coach

Started watching S4 and finished ep1 of Man in the High Castle. Still confusing as heck but I feel obligated to finish the series and do want to know how it ends.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #2308
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Started watching S4 and finished ep1 of Man in the High Castle. Still confusing as heck but I feel obligated to finish the series and do want to know how it ends.

Finished it today. I didn't like the ending because it felt very rushed to me but overall, it was okay.

I do want to rewatch all of it again now that I understand whats going on.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #2309
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Holy smokes. Surviving R. Kelly is an intense documentary. I remember the charges and stuff like that. But there is a whole different story to this guy. He is a monster. And the fact that he was still walking the streets is incredible.

I cannot take my eyes of this. It is insane. The power of people is incredible and frightening.

Finally saw it. Holy shit, what a monster, indeed. I can't believe the record label didn't drop him because he made them money. What in the living fuck?!
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #2310
Groundhog
Coordinator

Enjoying the Mandalorian also. Not really a Star Wars nut, but (especially the most recent episode) felt like a high budget mix of a peak Star Gate SG1 episode with Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #2311
sabotai
General Manager

Just binged The Confession Killer, Netflix's documentary series on Henry Lee Lucas. Thumps Up.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:36 AM   #2312
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Finally saw it. Holy shit, what a monster, indeed. I can't believe the record label didn't drop him because he made them money. What in the living fuck?!

Not only that, countless artists continued to work with him despite knowing, likely better than most, what he was doing. Most notably Lady Gaga. And of course, milions of fans continue to defend him today, but I guess that's the least surprising thing of all.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #2313
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Enjoying the Mandalorian also. Not really a Star Wars nut, but (especially the most recent episode) felt like a high budget mix of a peak Star Gate SG1 episode with Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven.

Up to episode four, and it I love it as well. I only dislike that all the action scenes are so dark. I know it just probably saves on the effects budget if everything is not lit up, but I am old and can't see crap.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #2314
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Watchmen continues to be amazing. Granted, things could unravel during the season finale next week, but, so far, this has been one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. Beautifully shot, acted, and wonderfully written.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #2315
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Watchmen continues to be amazing. Granted, things could unravel during the season finale next week, but, so far, this has been one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. Beautifully shot, acted, and wonderfully written.

Agreed. And the show just keeps getting better. I thought they couldn't top the Nostalgia episode, but the Dr. Manhattan one was better. Really looking forward to the season finale.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:34 PM   #2316
RainMaker
General Manager

Witcher time
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #2317
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Witcher time

Got through episode 2. Its different (just like the game) and its growing on me.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:31 AM   #2318
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Got through episode 2. Its different (just like the game) and its growing on me.

It gets better as the season goes. I thought episode 2 was the weakest and I'm through 4.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #2319
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Finished Witcher. Didn't realize it was only 8 episodes.

For one, it makes me want to pick up Witcher 3 again.

For two, the pacing kind of feels off to me. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels just weird to me. I do like Cavill's portrayal of Geralt, for the most part (his interactions with Yenn just didn't feel right).

And Triss is supposed to be a hot redhead, god dammit.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #2320
JPhillips
General Manager

That's how the new season of Peaky Blinders ends? Really?
Old 12-22-2019, 06:29 AM   #2321
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
That's how the new season of Peaky Blinders ends? Really?

I’m assuming you mean the one that came out a couple months ago? We kind of felt the same. It was obvious they were setting up for the next season. I just hope it doesn’t take as long to drop.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #2322
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I’m assuming you mean the one that came out a couple months ago? We kind of felt the same. It was obvious they were setting up for the next season. I just hope it doesn’t take as long to drop.

Yeah, I'm a little behind. For me it was easily the weakest season to date.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #2323
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Yeah, I'm a little behind.

Ditto on the little behind thing.

I figure we'll catch up on it while the kid is home for the holiday break. It's more his show than mine, so I just watch whenever he does.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #2324
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished Witcher Ep 6. Yeah, its entertaining enough to continue watching. Hope next season has been agreed to.

On another note - lots of new Christmas movies on streaming. Any of them strike you as the next Elf?
Old 12-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #2325
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hope next season has been agreed to.

I believe that's the case. The hype email I got a few days ago mentioned something about S2 was already approved.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #2326
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm always an easy sell on The Expanse, but 7 episodes into its first season on Amazon (4th overall), I'm really digging it. It doesn't feel any different than when it was on Syfy.

It remains one of the best shows I have seen in recent years.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #2327
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm always an easy sell on The Expanse, but 7 episodes into its first season on Amazon (4th overall), I'm really digging it. It doesn't feel any different than when it was on Syfy.

It remains one of the best shows I have seen in recent years.

Been loving this season, too! It’s been great so far. I think I’m 6 or 7 am episodes in, as well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #2328
spleen1015
Coordinator

I knew of the Expanse but never watched until the last few days. Saw a preview for the 4th season before an episode of Mrs. Maisel. I'm watching the last episode of the first season right now. Surprised I hadn't watched it before. It has been pretty good.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #2329
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
On another note - lots of new Christmas movies on streaming. Any of them strike you as the next Elf?

Not the next Elf, but my recent 'adult' Christmas tradition is to watch The Night Before on (or right around) Christmas Eve. Fun little Seth Rogen romp centered around Christmas, I think I've watched it 3 straight years now.

The other one that I actually liked more was Office Christmas Party, but that seems to have disappeared from all the services I have access to this year. That was a real bummer.

Nothing as family-oriented as Elf that I've seen though.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #2330
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Has anyone got Apple + ? We kinda want to watch the morning show.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #2331
tarcone
Coordinator

Did you guys see that Ralphie from Christmas Story was in Elf?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:16 PM   #2332
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Did you guys see that Ralphie from Christmas Story was in Elf?

I find Jon Favreau's work in both Elf (as director) and The Mandelorian (as producer/creator/writer) to be fascinating. Mostly because his acting work is so well known. He's not thought of in that vein first and foremost.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-26-2019 at 03:18 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:19 PM   #2333
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I find Jon Favreau's work in both Elf (as director) and The Mandelorian (as producer/creator/writer) to be fascinating.

I always found him to be a clown (on Seinfeld).
Old 12-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #2334
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I watched the final episode of The Mandalorian this morning. It was great. I’ll miss the show and look forward to Season 2!
Old 12-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #2335
RainMaker
General Manager

Witcher was OK. Little underwhelming considering the budget they had. Story felt rushed and some of those special effects were comically bad.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:45 PM   #2336
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I watched the final episode of The Mandalorian this morning. It was great. I’ll miss the show and look forward to Season 2!

Yeah, it was solid and a good setup for Season 2, which comes in the fall.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #2337
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've really enjoyed the first season, can't wait for more!

I don't understand though why a newer smart TV can't just get all the streaming services. My mom has a Vizio and can't just download the Disney+ app, she has to use Airplay. We have an LG tv and can't download the Philo streaming service. So now we have a firestick and roku just to get what we want.

I would hope at some point you could just download whatever streaming service you want to your TV. I love streaming TV but it's becoming a serious PITA.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-27-2019 at 07:00 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #2338
spleen1015
Coordinator

Do any of the smart tvs allow you to download new apps? I have never used the apps portion on my tv. We've had Roku since we cut the cord.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #2339
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Do any of the smart tvs allow you to download new apps? I have never used the apps portion on my tv. We've had Roku since we cut the cord.

I have Samsungs & TCL and both allow you to download new apps. However, my Samsung (older) for some strange reason does not let me download Sling. i bought a Roku during BF which took care of that.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:07 AM   #2340
spleen1015
Coordinator

Finished season 4 of The Man in the High Castle last night. I'm disappointed the show is over. It was a pretty decent show. I wish the BCR would have been a part of the show during the earlier seasons.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #2341
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Finished season 4 of The Man in the High Castle last night. I'm disappointed the show is over. It was a pretty decent show. I wish the BCR would have been a part of the show during the earlier seasons.

I thought season 4 was absolutely awful.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:42 AM   #2342
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I thought it was pretty decent also. I was more interested in the West than the East storyline and wish they did more there. Also did not like the ending and wish there was one more episode on "aftermath".
Old 12-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #2343
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have Samsungs & TCL and both allow you to download new apps. However, my Samsung (older) for some strange reason does not let me download Sling. i bought a Roku during BF which took care of that.

My LG lets me too but I can't download Philo which is what my wife watches Walking Dead or whatever it's called on AMC.

She should be able to on the Amazon Firestick that's coming today. It's just odd that everything isn't available via app store on all TV's by now.

Streaming TV is a major PITA at times.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:30 AM   #2344
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Has anyone got Apple + ? We kinda want to watch the morning show.

The wife and I enjoyed The Morning Show. Very solid. I can't say anything else on Apple + is as good.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:13 AM   #2345
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Really enjoying For All Mankind on Apple +
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:46 AM   #2346
tarcone
Coordinator

Watching The Walking Dead on Netflix. Had a hard time with it after the 1st scene when the sheriff killed the blond girl as I have 2 blond girls. But now its a pretty good show. Some slow stuff and most of the characters I do not like. Only a couple and they are the only 2 honest characters in the show with no BS.

Overall a good show.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 02:29 AM   #2347
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
. Had a hard time with it after the 1st scene

I still think that's probably THE single greatest scene in the history of television.

It did more to establish a universe than anything I've ever seen.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:42 AM   #2348
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I still think that's probably THE single greatest scene in the history of television.

It did more to establish a universe than anything I've ever seen.

Hard to argue with that, especially with the way it set a tone. Closest similar scene I can think of is the 3rd episode of Breaking bad with Krazy-8 and the broken shard of plate.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #2349
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Just finished the first season of The Witcher on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to the second season.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:52 PM   #2350
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished watching Messiah on Netflix. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Season 2 is not yet confirmed but they better make it because I still have a bunch of questions. The guy is either the real or fake messiah and that hasn't been established yet. Some interesting theories out there is you google for them.

The show does bring up that interesting question. If Jesus/Prophet/Messiah was to come on the earth today, would we recognize him and accept him?