Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 - The Chargers are always the patsies that sooth our wounds, and once again we defeat them 31-6. Fred Taylor had two runs for a score, Wendell Reese had a 74 yard scamper for a score, and Game MVP Samari Rolle had a 46 yards INT RET TD. Hudson recovered a fumble. Collier had the day’s lone sack. We had something for the first time in Lone Stars history.

Fred Taylor, 156 yards on 20 carries, 2 TDs
Wendell Reese, 100 yards on 8 carries, 1 TD

First time we’ve had two 100+ yard rushers in one day. 9 players registered KRB on the day.

Allard was 15 of 29 for 154 and a 0:1 ratio. LB Joey Albert will return next week.

Week 11 - 16-13 over the Saints. Our sole TD, a 29 pass to Monty Swift. Their sole TD, a pick that turned into a returned TD 68 yards later. Taylor was 62 on 16 carries. Allard had 28 of 47 for 317, 1:2, Swift had 133 yards on the day, Rolle got a pick and McWilliams and King each grabbed sacks. Poole had 4 KRB. Dunnigan recovered a fumble on special teams.

Week 12 - In a game to determine the lead in the AFC West, we lose 10-24. Fred taylor had our lone score on a 17 yard run. He had 17 yards on 10 carries. Allard was 17 of 32, 209, 0:0, Graham had 161 yards on 10 catches. Flowers and Rolle had picks. Ray Lewis and Collier had sacks. Fitzpatrick fumbled another ball on the return.

Week 13 - Looks like we are sliding. We lost 27-52 to Seattle. Nick Creekmur, and Tony Dunnigan caught TD passe.s Fred Taylor added a TD on the ground. Dunnigan had 102 yards on 6 catches. Allard was 19 of 33 for 235 and a 2:4 ratio. Taylor was 96 on 13. No picks, no sacks. Fumble recovery by Flowers.

Massive injuries - OG Alvin Stokes is doubtful with a broken hand. WR Marvin Graham is doubtful as well. Both are deactivated. Page will start despite being questionable with the injury to Stokes. CB and nickel back Clarence Hudson is questionable with a bruised sternum. We have some other minor injuries as well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We defeat the Raiders 14-7. Allard, Game MVP, hit Swift and Dunnigan for scores. 19 of 28, 208, 2:0 ratio. Taylor was 79 on 17. Huntley got a pick and Albert had a pair of sacks. Flowers recovered a second fumble. DT Pat Bradley is out.

At 8-5, we are tied with the Raiders with the same record and we split the series. We still have a shot at the division title, and a wild card if that falls through.

Week 15 - 28-11 over Denver. Scores - Fred Taylor with a 29 yard run, Don Fitzgerald with a 50 yard punt return, Dunnigan and Swift with pass receptions. CB Jack Huntley was Game MVP with a pick and a fumble recovery. Darius had a pick. Collier had the game’s sole sack. 107 yards for Swift. 43 for Taylor on 21 carries. Allard was 21 of 29 for 228 and 2:1 ratio. The Broncos are normally our kryptonite, but we beat them this time. LB Joey Albert is doubtful. I deactivate him.

Oakland lost so we are now in 1st in the AFC West.

Week 16 - We take down the Falcons 24-3. Allard and Reese have TD runs. Dunnigan caught a TD pass. MVP was nickel back Clarence Hudson with 2 picks. LB Zambrano had a sack. Ray Lewis recovered a fumble. Allard was 18 of 32 for 242, 1:0 ratio. Taylor was 36 on 21. Dunnigan had 146 yards with 8 catches.

Oakland won too, so if we lose this game, and Oakland wins, we may lose the AFC West. If we win, we get the #2 spot in the AFC and a very helpful bye week with many niggling injuries.

Week 17 - We win 16-6. Fitzgerald had a 76 yard punt return. Add three Fgs. Lethon Flowers was Game MVP with a pick, our team‘s only turnover. We went sackless on the day again. Taylor 44 yards on 21 carrries. Allard 17 of 28, 151 yards, 0:0.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

AFC Wild Card Weekend -

Indy 41-16 over Oakland
Seattle 41-10 over Pittsburgh

Our division had two wild cards.

AFC Divisional Round - We host the 9-7 Colts.

Players back - WR Marvin Graham, LB Joey Albert, O Alvin Stokes.

We win 29-7.

Monty Swift and Tony Dunnigan with TD catches. Mare with 5 Fgs. Jerome Allard Game MVP with 23 of 36, 317, 2:0. Taylor had 15 yards on 24 attempts. Graham had 103 yards on 3 catches. Darius had two picks, Hudson one. Ray Lewis notched 2 sacks, Collier 1.5, Castillo recovered a sack.

We gained no additional injuries.

Cleveland defeated Seattle 17-3.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2006 AFC Championships

11-5 San Antonio Lone Stars travel to Cleveland to face the

12-4 Cleveland Browns

In a battle of expansion teams. Can the Lone Stars three peat or is destiny on the side of the Browns finally getting to the big one.

We lose 24-31. Destiny is on the side of the Browns. I will root for them next week.

Going into the 4th quarter, the score was 31-0, I kid you not. Then we scored by hitting Dunnigan, hitting Swift, Wendell Reese rushing and a Mare FG.

Taylor had 9 yards on 5 carries. Allard was 21 for 42, 303, 2:0. Swift had 190 yards on 10 catches. LB Huntley had a sack. Graham reinjured himself early so Swift and Dunnigan were starting the whole time.

Cleveland beats SF 16-13 to win their first Super Bowl. I’m happy for them

Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #105
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awards:

All-Pro 1st team - CB Samari Rolle
All-Pro 2nd team - C JC Poole, S Lethon Flowers

Major players ending their contract”

Several patches.

P Baldridge
WR Tony Dunnigan
RB Wendell Reese

Old 03-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

Team - Our offenses dropped significantly. Our rushing defense got worse, but our passing defense remained steady with 4th fewest passing yards allowed, and 4th lowest rushing average allowed. Tied for 6th with TO average of +7. 2nd fewest sacks in the league. Allowed 3rd fewest, however.

Individual Stats:

QB Jerome Allard - 58.6% complete, 3731 yards, 20:17 ratio. 78.7 rating. 5th most passing yards in NFL. 12th best QB rating. Very average play this year.

WR - We had a lot of changes with Graham being out for 5 games and Herman swinger getting injured after two. Despite a lot of changes, here are our stats:

WR Monty Swift - 80 catches, 1071 yards, 9 Tds. 8th most receiving yards in NFL. Tied for 2nd most Tds.
WR Marvin Graham - 57 catches, 943 yards, 1 TD
WR Tony Dunnigan - 73 catches, 875 yards, 7 TD. Tied for 10th most receiving Tds.

RB Taylor - 1014 yards with 214 carries, 8 TD, 4.6 average. 9th in league in yards ad rushing Tds.
RB Wendell Reese had 7 Tds.

Among qualifiers, CB Don Fitzgerald was 10th in kick return average, had 2 PR Tds, and 5th in PR average.

K Mare was 26 of 30 and missed a PAT
P Baldridge once again led the league in punting average, and got 39 of 91 punts inside the 20

DE Collier led the team with 4 sacks.

CB Rolle led the team with 7 picks. A good year for him

C JC Poole led the team with 23 KRB. Poor run blocking year, good pass blocking one

Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: WR Monty Swift. In a year in which Allard was anemic at times, Taylor could not reignite his previous year, Graham was injured and Swift was supposed to have been downgraded to 3rd WR he still put up good numbers at the WR position.
Defensive Player of the Year: CB Samari Rolle. Often in the shadow of Sam Madison or Donovin Darius, this was his year to step up big, and he did.
Special Teams Player of the Year: CB Don Fitzgerald. He had good return averages in both PR and KR, and had two TDs to his name. A good year.
Rookie of the Year: CB Jack Huntley. There are no obvious players, but CB Jack Huntley had a solid year with 3 picks starting at the CB position. That’s more picks than Darius.
Heart Award: WR Tony Dunnigan. He’s won this before. He dropped to 4th on our roster, and due to injuries, had 5 starts. However, with just five starts and deep on the chart, he still managed to have a record season for him, with a ton of yards and TDs. It’s be sad to see this UFA go, but he’ll be too pricey to keep. A real shame. He’ll ask too much money, no one will grab him, and then he’ll leave NFL, but I would have given him a long term home on my roster in the 3-4 spot. Ah well.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Off Season

Score - Performance - 81, Value - 100, Profit Loss - 53, Difficulty - 72, Score - 79

The Hall of fame inducts James Hasty and Henry Thomas

We have 34 players under contract. I franchise tag Baldridge

Franchise Picture:

We are the 3rd valued franchise in the NFL behind the 49ers and the Giants. 6th stadium, 1st roster, 15th support, 8th best economy.

We had 91.3% capacity last year, 13th best in the league.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello Free Agency:

Crazy Thoughts - Allard had a down year last year and my scout had dropped our evaluation of him. What if we traded him and then used the high draft pick to find some nice long term players?

Let’s live dangerously. I trade Allard to the Dolphins for their 1 and 5 picks (6th in the round).

I trade Fred Taylor for a 6th to the Ravens. Clears up more salary.

I spend some of that cap room to extend Marvin Graham by 3 years. I can’t get Baldridge to sign a longer contract, so I sign him to a one year deal.

I extend Bart Zambrano’s contract by a year, Olindo Mare’s by two years, Lethon Flowers by two.

I have decisions to make with my Ots. Neither have had great stats and both are in their contract year. Options include signing one and trading the other, trading both, or signing both.

Mo Collins is in his 10th year and LJ Shelton in his 9th. This is not a bad time to leave them. Last year, LJ allowed fewer sacks, has slightly better bars, and is one year younger. I look to move Collins.

After some moves, I end up trading both to Arizona in a package deal and get a 1st and a 5th from the Cardinals.

It’s time to refresh my roster.

During the draft I have 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 3 4ths, 3 5ths, 5 6ths and a 7th.

Total # of draft picks: 19

Moving the expensive OTs gave me 35 million under the cap which I can spend on a nice FA or two.

Needs:

Backup: Qbx2, RBx3, TE, WRx2, C, Otx2, LB, CB, Sx2

Starter: TE, OT (Perhaps OT, QB), DE, DT, LB

Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s see what I can find out there in FA land.

I make an offer to DT Mitchell Lincoln. Let’s end this poking at the DT position and just sign a hoss.

I make an offer to TE Rickey Dudley and DE Phil Lee. We need to increase our sack count.

There are a ton of OT out there, so I intend to hold off my offers for now. Plus, there are three hot OT prospects in the draft, all worthy of the pick at 1/6.

Week 1 - Dudley signs with Pittsburgh

Week 9 - Both my new DT and DE sign with me this week.

I trade DT Neal Castillo to the Vikings for their 3(10) pick and Mike Rogers to the Chargers for their 6(3) pick. Both of them were in the last year of their contract at the position that demands a ton of money and weren‘t that great and cleared off about 3.2 million from my books.

Some spending money for, perhaps, one more major FA.

Week 18 - We have a choice to make. To make an offer or not to make an offer to Akili Smith, QB. He’s really talented. Marlon Strickland, on my roster, has tons of potential. However, he make take a few years to grow into the position. Akili is ready now.

Nah, I’ll stick with Strickland. He’s cheap.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll hit up the draft now.

With the top pick, the Vikes take DE John Barrett. He was a super super stud and no way he was falling to 6. There are three Ots and I want one of them to fall to us.

Next pick, the top Qb goes. Now, all I need is one of the next three teams to not go Ot and I am all set.

3 - OT
4 - OT
5 - OT

Yep, they went 3,4,5. Sucks.

I look at the draft board and my roster carefully. I have another pick in four ticks of the board at 1/10.

The best player on the board is super super super stud S Dave Fling. He‘s rated 74 now, 82 later. He can come in and contribute right away and has potentials of 100, 88, 88, and 100. I don’t need a S now, but dang. However, Fling is no development project, he is an immediate starter. I could draft him and trade Flowers. Lethon’s entering his 14th year. I wouldn’t get much for him. I would be set forever at this potion though.

Here’s another option - LB Charles Thomas with potentials of 100, 74, 100, 60. Not bad.

OG Adam Benson, 86/87 potentials and 48/49 currents with 52 endurance. OG Dale Glover has higher potential but stats out lowers.

I draft LB Charles Thomas. This is my third 1st round LB taken since I’ve had the Lone Stars, and I hope this will be the first that is not a bust.

I then take the best DT in the draft at pick 1/10. Let’s fix these defensive problems!

I take a useful OT at 29, because I simply needed at least one here. That was my final need pick.

From there, it's is just BAP, BAP, and some more BAP

Draft Recap:

1/6 - LB Charles Thomas, Tennessee - Martin
1/10 - DT Levon Moss, Kent
1/29 - OT Ernest Samuelson, UNLV
2/5 - DE Derrick Fontaine, East Carolina
2/12 - S Brady Horn, Indiana
2/29 - C Mark Jeffers, Iowa State
3/10 - CB David Finch, North Carolina State
3/29 - QB Tony Clements, Virginia
4/10 - RB Harvey Nowlin, Truman State
4/12 - QB Artie Switzer, USC
4/29 - TE Herb Cranford, Boston College
5/6 - OT Henry Buckley, Notre Dame
5/12 - C Xavier Stone, Purdue
5/29 - WR Grady Givens, Florida
6/3 - RB Ross Ballard, St. Peter’s, NJ
6/5 - S Billy Joe Williams, Colorado State
6/7 - WR Chester Battle, Liberty
6/13 - RB Harvey Hopson, Pittsburgh
6/19 - LB Rod Kirnan, Indiana
6/29 - CB Cole Martinez, Alabama
7/29 - OT Adam Kelly, Kansas

Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I come out of the draft, after my rookies are signed, with 53 players on the roster. Incredible.

I trade C JC Poole to the Cowboys for their 5th rounder next year. My two rookie Cs are awesome, and if even one does not bust coming out of camp, then I’ll have a starter on my roster form the draft.

A look at my rookies post camp:

LB Charles Thomas - 46/84. Finally an LB that’s not a bust!
S Brady Horn - 43/76. A long term replacement for Flowers or Darius?
DT Levon Moss - 40/72. Not a bust either!
C Xavier Stone - 45/68. Starter quality easily.
DE Derrick Fontaine - 33/63 - Another starter quality player from the draft
WR Grady Givens - 34/56
CB David Finch - 29/56
C Mark Jeffers - 31/52
RB Ross Ballard - 40/50
WR Chester Battle - 29/48
TE Herb Cranford - 14/47
RB Harvey Hopson - 31/45
S Billy Joe Williams - 26/44
RB Harvey Nowlin - 34/42
CB Cole Martinez - 14/39
LB Rod Kirnan - 18/32
OT Henry Buckley 22/29 - Looks better though
OT Adam Kelley - 4/24
OT Ernest Samuelson - 3/21 - Mega Mega bust
QB Artie Switzer - 30/65. Very good for a backup
QB Tony Clements 24/64 - Bars are better than Switzer’s though.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Switzer’s Potentials vs. Clements vs. Marlon Strickland:

Screen - 58 - 85 - 56
Short - 78-85 - 70
Medium 58-48 - 87
Long 80-59 - 79
Deep 63-100 - 58
3rd Down 46-76 - 60
Accuracy 67-75 - 51
Power 44-74 - 54
Scramble Freq 34-39 - 55
Carrying 74-98 - 71

As you can see, Switzer is better at Medium and Long balls, and Clements is better at literally, everything else of the two. Add Strickland into the mix, and we have some interesting decisions to make.

The result?

Screen - Clements
Short - Clements by a bit
Medium - Strickland
Long - Switzer/Strickland
Deep - Clements
3rd Down = Clements
Accuracy - Clements
Power - Clements
Scram - Strickland - not important
Carrying - Clements - not important

Who comes out the best?

Clements does, obviously.

I have three good quality young QBs and I have to decide who is the face and future of this franchise. A poor choice here and we are screwed. I have Strickland under contract for two years and my rookies for three. One of these will be the one I commit too, and there should be no turning back barring significant issues.

Scout Overview - 31/64 Strickland, 30/65 Switzer, 24/64 Clements. Even the scouts say they are about even in potential.

Strickland is more developed, and that is a good thing. However, Clements has better future upside.

I sign OT Raymond Hopper as a one year patch. I release OT Ernest Samuelson. Might as well get it over with and cut the lad.

I trade DE Collier to the Jets for their 3rd rounder. He was going away next year, and I have a newly revamped D Line with four new players, and he was not in the cards. I sign TE Norbert Rivers to a one year deal.

I will start Clements and try to hit it out of the park.

We sold 55,400 season tickets

Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster Strength - QB - 2nd worst but 2nd best reserves, 15th best RB, 16th best FB, 7th worst TE, best starting Wrs 2nd best reserves, 14th best C and 5th best C reserve, 4th best starting G, 2nd worst starting OT, best P, 2nd best K, 13th best DE and best reserves, 5th best DT and 3rd best reserves, 9th best LB and 7th best reserves, best corners still with 2nd best reserves, 2nd best safeties with 2nd best reserves.

Areas of concern - OTx2 and TE.

Perhaps I’ll move a few more backups leaving at the end of the year. Let me take a look.

I trade DT Chuck Small to the Giants for their 6th rounder.

I sign DT Dan Myers to a one year backup role minsal deal.

Okay, the roster is as tweaked as I can manage to make it.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2007 San Antonio Lone Stars:

QB Tony Clements - We are going with the rookie with the potential, but it’s all a crap shoot. Next year I can look to move one of the big three and get a nice plum draft pick out of the deal.
RB Chris Evans - Looks like he could be a perfectly serviceable back for us. Nothing major, of course.
FB Billy Joe Blackwell - Needs growth
WR Marvin Graham - Stud of all studs
WR Herman Swinger - Maybe in his second year he can stay healthy for more than 2 games.
TE Herb Cranford - Rookie who’s quite green but could develop into something decent.
C Xavier Stone - The lower draft pick won out, but both are really good.
OG Soloman Page - From WVU!
OG Alvin Stokes - Hello old man
OT Raymond Hopper - Recent signee who might be something decent later, Green now.
OT Bob Turney - Another recent signee who needs time to grow into his role

Look at how many of my offensive players I drafted! 8 of 11 were drafted by me. All but Page, Hopper and Turney are mine.

K Olindo Mare - Great
P Blaine Baldridge - Great

DE Phil Lee - Recent Signee brought in as part of our D Line overhaul. Strong
DE Derrick Fontaine - Rookie green but with lots of potential. Could be between adequate and a stud later.
DT Mitchell Lincoln - A downright dominating player.
DT Levon Moss - Another rookie with some serious potential but very green right now.
LB Ray Lewis - Starting at the MLB spot
LB Charles Thomas - 6th overall pick will start at OLB, and looks like a future star.
LB Bart Zambrano - I like this natural WLB and he looks great.
CB Samari Rolle - Coming off a record year for him
CB Jack Huntley - Sophomore year arrives
S Donovin Darius - Stud had a down year last year. We hope for better stats this year.
S Lethon Flowers - Another great S.

Returners - Don Fitzgerald with some help from WR Herman Swinger and CB David Finch.

Let me show you Bart Zambrano’s potentials to show you how he is a good WLB to my mind.

Run Defense - 53 - Good but not great, his weakness, and thus on the side with the fewest runs.
Pass Rush - 73 - Rushes to the side with less protection for the passer. Perfect
Man-to-man - 94 - Can really spot the TE and others.
Zone - 93 - Good at zoning the short passes

Isn’t that just a great WLB? I mean, once developed, he can be better at pass coverage than most defensive backs, and a good pass rusher, while still decent at tackles.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, we drafted just 4 of 11 on defense.

I honestly think this is our strongest roster ever, despite starting six rookies (LB Thomas, DE Fontaine, DT Moss, C Stone, QB Clements and TE Cranford).

It feels like a real team instead of a free agency built and patched team, if that makes sense.

We go 2-2 in the pre-season

We lose a backup S - Billy Joe for a month or two.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2007 San Antonio Lone Stars Schedule

1. SEAHAWKS
2. Broncos
3. EAGLES
4. Cowboys
5. BYE
6. COLTS
7. Chiefs
8. Raiders
9. Patriots
10. BRONCOS
11. GIANTS
12. Chargers
13. CHIEFS
14. CHARGERS
15. Seahawks
16. Redskins
17. RAIDERS

CAPS are home games

Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m bored with the slow pace of my previous season sims, so I quick sim the regular season.

We finish 11-5. At 12-4, Denver won the divisions.

We have some injuries, but nothing major.

We are playing against the equally 11-5 Pittsburgh Steelers in the WC game in Pittsburgh.

We lose 22-30.

Cincy crushed Indy.

Divisional Playoffs - Denver 27, Cincy 24; Miami 27, Pittsburgh 14

AFC Championship:

Miami 41 over Denver 22/

Super Bowl - New Orleans over Miami 27 to 21.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #119
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awards:

Defensive Player of the Year - S Donovin Darius.
Offensive Rookie of the Year - QB Tony Clements
All-Pro 1st Team - DE Phil Lee, S Donovin Darius
All-Pro 2nd Team - S Lethon Flowers.

Hello Donovin!

Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

QB Tony Clements: 2976 yards, 18:18 ratio, 68.9 QB Rating

RB Chris Evans - 938 rushing yards, 5 Tds, 3.6 ypc

WR Marvin Graham - 959 yards, 6 Tds
WR Herman Swinger - 711 yards, 3 Tds
WR Monty Swift - 534 yards, 1 TD

PR/KR Don Fitzgerald had a PR TD, had 2nd highest PR average in league, highest KR average is league.

P Blaine Baldridge - Once again, best punting average in league. 28 of 70 inside 20
K Olindo Mare - 30 of 36.

DE Phil Lee led the league with 23.5 sacks. No one else on the team had more than 3.5 sacks.

S Donovin Darius and Lethon Flowers each led the league with 8 picks. CB Jack Huntley had six. Both Flowers and Darius returned two picks for scores.

OT Bob Turney and OG Soloman Page led the league with 25 KRB.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Stats:

7th worst rushing offense in league by yards, 4th worst passing offense by yards.

2nd best rushing defense in the league. By yards, 9th worst passing offense in leagues. However, by yards per passing play, we were 5th best in allowing the fewest yards per play.

+8 TO margin. We were 3rd in the league in sacks. We were tied for fifth fewest sacks allowed. With a rookie QB, that’s saying something.

We only fumbled the ball away 6 times in the entire season. Again, with a rookie QB starting, that’s a solid stat.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year - OG Solomon Page. This was a down year for our offense. No one was particularly good. No receiver or back had 1000+ yards, no blocker had 30+ KRB, no QB threw for over 3000+ yards. No one excelled. Therefore, I am giving this award to Page. He led the team in KRB, he led the team in % KRB out of KRO, and he only allowed 3 sacks all season long. There were 32 sacks allowed, and he accounted for just 10% of the sacks. This combination of good run blocking and good pass blocking makes him my choice for OPotY.
Defensive Player of the Year - DE Phil Lee. I know is it hard to discount a guy who won DPotY for the entire league for this award. However, we always have a great secondary year in and year out. Without Darius, Flowers till had 8 picks and Huntley had six. We would have still been in games. Without Phil Lee, however, we would have had, by far, the worst pass rushing game in the league. We had problems with rushing the passer in years past, and although a fresh D Line was brought in, some did not have stats that met our expectations, but Phil did. He single-handedly put the fear of Phil Lee into opposing quarterbacks.
Special Teams Player of the Year - CB Don Fitzgerald. It is hard to argue with success. Best KR average in the league despite not having a TD (which inflates averages). 2nd Best PR average in the league. PR TD to add to his numbers. He is a difference maker.
Rookie of the Year - QB Tony Clements - We had starters in a lot of areas, but none had the pressure Tony had. None were just amazing successes. Tony had moments of brilliance, and considering how green he is, this was a great year for him, and for us as a team in moving on from our previous QB.
Heart Award - S Lethon Flowers - Usually this award goes to a overachiever on t he bench who steps in and doe swell or that fourth string WR who catches way more TDs then they should have, etc. However, Flowers’s skills as a safety have atrophied over the last few years. I would not be surprised to see him retire next year. And despite swiftly dropping skills, he still has a great year, leading the team and league in picks, running two backs for scores, and leading the team in passes defensed. Flowers has done a great job this year stepping up and I am glad to have him!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #123
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Important people leaving us:

CB Don Fitzgerald
WR Monty Swift
P Blaine Baldridge?
OT Hopper

Since the game began, Donovin Darius is second in career picks at 48. Sam Madison is 4th at 42. Rolle and Flowers are at 32 and are in the top 20.

Olindo Mare is #2 in FGs kicked.

Tony Brackens is #9 in sacks with 84 and Phil Lee is #13 with 72.5.

Season records:

Phil Lee has the most sacks in a season at 23.5
Mare has the most FG in a season at 39 from 2004
Marvin Graham has the most receptions in a season also from 2004 with 111

Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Off Season

Score: Team Performance - 66, Franchise Value - 80, Profit/Loss - 17, Difficulty - 71, Total Score - 56

That is an ugly profit/loss score.

Franchise Overview:

4th highest value
7th rated stadium, 2nd rated roster, 14th rated support, 6th rated economy

Capacity - 91.9% last year

We lost 77 million dollars last year.

Our costs only increase 7 million, but our revenues dropped massively. Perhaps a lack of home games in the off season did that.

I franchise Baldridge again.

That gives us 44 players on our roster plus Baldridge.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #125
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency - 2008:

I begin some roster changes:

DE Tom Burke is released
OG Solomon Page is extended for a year
TE Al Hatcher is released
We trade QB Marlon Strickland to the Chiefs for their 2/8 pick. Not a bad pickup for them. They keep their 1/8 and get a starting caliber QB.
I ink a 3 year deal with Blaine Baldridge
LB Rodney McWilliams is cut
I trade CB Clarence Hudson to the Titans for their 2/4 pick.

We have 40 players under contract and 13 draft picks. That’s 53 players total.

I have room for at least one good free agent. What are our holes?

TE. We have a massive need for a quality TE.

RB perhaps.

OT

DE Derrick Fontaine busted a bit. He’s still okay, but not as good as we thought he’d be.

Rolle’s CB replacement in a year or two perhaps

I make an offer to TE Ethan Hanson.

He signs in the first week with Chicago.

I make an offer to a FB to see if a great one would make a difference for us statistically.

He signs with Washington 3 weeks later/

Week 17 arrives. Monty Swift is still unsigned. We make no moves.

Areas of need:

Backup: Qb, TE, OG, DE, DT, LB, CB
Starter: RB perhaps, TE, FB perhaps, OT

Old 04-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #126
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2008 Amateur NFL Draft

We are drafting 24th this year. Our number comes up in the first. There is an outstanding drop dead good WR, but we don’t have any WR needs for starters.

There are good LB and QB options, but we don’t have needs for starters there either. I go for OT.

In the second, I look at grabbing BAP in positions of need.

After that, it’s simply fill in the dots.

Draft Recap:

1. OT AJ Berry, Central Florida
2/4. TE Norman Spann, McNeese State
2/8. FB Wesley Hamer, California
2/24. RB Russell McSherry, Michigan State
3/3. DE Donnell Powell, Toledo
3/21. QB Horace Harper, Oregon State
3/24. CB Leon Matijacic, Indiana (KR/PR)
4. LB Austin Deal, Iowa State
5/7. TE Courtney Woo, Rutgers
5/24. OG AJ Burke, Oregon State
6/24. DT Kerry Gaines, Minnesota - Deluth
6/27. FB Kendell Freeman, Kansas (in case Hamer is a bust)
7. WR JB Clemons, Indiana

We have 53 players under contract now

I extend LB Bart Zambrano’s contract by a year and S Donovin Darius’s by two.

Ray Lewis agrees to a salary cut. His abilities continue to decline.

I sign UFA FB Thurmon Hakim from Purdue to a one year deal prior to going to camp. I have a history of busting FB picks, so I want to insure I have at least one good one.

I sign UFA S Chad Marsh from Duquesne to a multi-year deal which I rarely do, but he looks good enough to be a backup for a while. I gave him a nice contract though, 250k signing bonus and increasing salaries well above min-sal. It is a respectable deal.

I finally sign RB UFA Ike Covington of Oklahoma State to a one year deal.

I trade DT Pat Bradley to the Redskins for their 4th next year. I sign UFA DT Roy Patel from Purdue to a one year deal.

We head to camp.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We sold 57,500 season tickets

A look at our drafted rookies:

TE Norman Spann, 46/73. Looks like he could be a solid starter for us.
OT AJ Berry, 29/71. Could be a really strong OT for us as well.
DT Kerry Gaines, 16/58 - Doesn’t look as good as our scouts think
DE Donnell Powell, 17/56 - Solid, which is what we need.
FB Wesley Hamer, 44/55 - Which FBs will be cut and which will stay?
TE Courtney Woo, 35/55. A good enough backup.
QB Horace Harper, 19/53. Yet another project.
CB Leon Matijacic, 32/50 - Drafted because he was both decent at defense and great at returning.
OG AJ Burke, 19/44 - Will never be more than an ok backup
FB Kendell Freeman, 25/41
RB Russell McSherry, 27/39 - Numbers look better than this, though
LB Austin Deal, 13/35
WR JB Clemons, 27/30

I release FB Billy Joe Blackwell and Thurman Hakim, RB Harvey Hopson, and Ike Covington

Artie Switzer busted a bit. Glad I didn’t start him last year. LB Charles Thomas busted a bit.

Roster Strength: 4th worst QB, 11th worst RB, 6th best FB, 20th best TE, best WR, 7th best C, best OG, 2nd worst OT, 2nd best P, 2nd best K, 10th best DE, best DT, 6th best LB, best corners, best safeties

We are 11.5 million under the cap.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2008 Lone Stars:

QB Tony Clements - Now a sophomore QB, hopefully can significantly progress during the year.
RB Chris Evans - Still not a great RB
FB Wesley Hamer - Could be one of the best FBs in the league after he develops.
TE Norman Spann - One of the best TEs we’ve had in our roster so far.
WR Marvin Graham - Very very good
WR Herman Swinger - Very good, but this is his third year. Let’s see him do something.
C Xavier Stone - Already almost fully developed by his second year.
OG Solomon Page - Looks pretty good
OG Alvin Stokes - Solid
OT AJ Berry - The 1st round rookie will be starting for us
OT Bob Turney - A poor starter.
P Blaine Baldrige - Amazingly solid punter
K Olindo Mare - I want him to be around for a while
DE Phil Lee - We hope he can continue to be a massive force
DE Derrick Fontaine - Although he busted a bit, he is still solid
DT Mitchell Lincoln -A house
DT Levon Moss - Very developed already.
LB Ray Lewis - Starting in his 14 year in the league. Abilities are diminishing.
LB Bart Zambrano - Our WLB of choice
LB Charles Thomas - Busted a bit but still really strong
CB Samari Rolle - Had just one pick last year. Is he getting too long in the tooth? Highest cap hit on the team
CB Jack Huntley - A good enough corner. No Sam Madison, but pretty strong.
S Donovin Darius - A rock in our secondary.
S Lethon Flowers - Is it time for him to get replaced or can he continue last year’s pace?

KR/PR - CB Leon Matijacic

2-2 in the preseason

DE Donnell Powell is placed on IR with a broken hand. We sign David Wade to a one year minsal deal to be our deep backup.

Herman Swinger is questionable and deactivated until healed.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #129
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Is there anywhere to download FOF 2k1?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There was a thread about it in the FOF section.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #131
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

I tried that link and got an error?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #132
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It was probably taken down then.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - 34-28, us over Denver in OT as Tony Clements hits Marvin Graham for a TD. Stats: Marvin Graham, Game MVP, 174 yards, 2 TDs. Evans 13 rushes for 121 yards and caught a 2 yard conversion. Clements had 22 of 36, 284 yards, 4:2 ratio. DE Phil Lee got 2 sacks. C Xavier Stone had 5 KRB. Our new KR/PR fumbled twice. Ick. Blaine Baldridge kicked two FGS as Olindo Mare was injured. Other Tds were caught by backup WRs Battle and Givens.

Week 2 - We defeat the Raiders 23-3. Game MVP was Lethon Flowers, with 2 picks, and Darius also had a pick. Baldridge kicked 3 FGs including a 52 yarder. Both Lee and Wilkins had two sacks. Clements had 19 of 30 for 253 yards, 2:3 ratio. He hit Graham and Battle for TDs. Graham had 174 yards on 9 carries.

Samari Rolle is the doubtful. We deactivate him. Herman Swinger will be returning.

Week 3 - We lose to Indianapolis 25-6. DE Phil Lee had two sacks. There are no other noteworthy occurrences.

Week 4 - We defeat the Bears 24-16. Donovin Darius was Game MVP with a pick. CB Marsh joined whim with a pick. Clements looked good today. 15 of 26 for 204 and 3 TDs. He hit Graham twice and RB Evans once.

CB Cole Martinez is OUT VERY LONG TERM with a Compound Leg Fracture. I toss him on IR and go shopping. With Rolle still doubtful and another CB, Marsh, knocked down to questionable, I decide to get a good CB instead of a minor one.

We sign Leroy Bowlin for a one year deal.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #134
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - We lose to KC 17-23 in OT, we were 35 seconds away from a tie. Marlon Strickland, the QB we traded them, started and beat us. Chris Evans had a 51 yard run for a TD. Ross Ballard had an 11 yard run. Evans had 110 yards on 15 carries. Clements went 32 of 47 for 316, 0:1 ratio. Swinger had 138 catches on 11 yards, and Graham added 111 yards on 9 grabs. Baldridge punted five times for an average over 50 yards each time. OG Page had 4 KRB.

RB McSherry is questionable. I deactivate him.

Week 6 - We lose 26-31. Game MVP is Marvin Graham with 215 yards and 3 TDs on 8 catches. Swinger adds 115 yards on 5 catches. Clements had 17 of 49 for 391 and a 3:1 ratio. Huntley had a pick. DT Mitchell Lincoln and LB Bart Zambrano and S Donovin Darius are questionable. All will start.

Week 7 - We defeat San Diego 38-17 to go to 4-3 on the season. RB Chris Evans was Game MVP with 19 rushes, 81 yards, and 2 Tds. Clements was 23 of 37 for 212 and a 3:1 ration, hitting Graham, Givens and Graham for scores. S Horn got a pick. Lee had our lone sack of the day. Stone and Turney each had 4 KRB.

Week 8 - We narrowly defeat the up-until-then undefeated Patriots 22-20. Olindo Mare is Game MVP with 5 FGs. Clements was 23 of 36 for 266 and 1:0. Graham had 157 yards on 9 catches. Givens had the lone catch for a TD. Darius and Horn got picks. We were held without a sack. 5-3 halfway through the season.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 - We lose to Tampa 10-16. Our lone TD was Chris Evans catching one from Clements. Graham added 110 yards on 9 catches. Flowers and Horn had picks.

WR Herman Swinger is out with a dislocated elbow. This drops Herman’s ratings a bit.

Week 10 - BYE. Samari Rolle will be back next week. I put Swinger on IR. I sign Monty Swift for the rest of the season to be our #2 guy.

Week 11 - We lose to the now 8-2 KC Chiefs 10-17. We are now 5-5. FB Hamer got a TD run. Graham had 182 yards on 11 catches. LB Thomas and Samari Rolle got picks.

WR Chester Battle is OUT with a Sprained Back. I IR him and sign WR Kelly Carr to a one year deal. Solomon Page is doubtful and is deactivated for a few weeks.

We need to start winning soon, but we have the woeful Raiders coming up.

Week 12 - 37-6 over the Raiders. Marvin Graham was Game MVP - 180 yards on 11 catches and a 72 yard TD. Chris Evans had 117 yards on 15 carries and a TD while backup RB Ross added another TD on the ground. Swift had 110 yards on 8 catches. LB Thomas added a pair of sacks and Darius had a pick. Wells, starting in place of Page had 6 KRB. Chris Evans is questionable as is Derrick Fontaine. I deactivate CB Leroy Bowlin who is also questionable. Next up - the 2 win Chargers.

Week 13 - 20-14 over the Chargers. RB Ross Ballard had 28 carries for 111 yards. Newly signed WR Carr had a score. Rolle and Flowers had picks. C Stone added 6 KRB. OG Alvin Stokes is doubtful and is deactivated.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We edge Green Bay 17-14. Game MVP is Marvin Graham with an 80 yard receiving play for a TD, and 159 yards on 8 catches. Clements had one of his good days. 19 of 27 for 243 and 1:0. McSherry, starting in his first game since Evans is out, had 92 yards and a TD on 22 carries. Jack Huntley and Ray Lewis have been knocked to questionable, while my OGs have been upgraded to it. I will start Bowlin over Huntley.

At 8-5, we have the 4-9 Broncos next. We are currently 6th in the AFC in the final wild card spot.

Week 15 - We crush the Broncos 34-14. Game MVP was Marvin Graham with 189 yards on 11 catches and a TD. McSherry had 105 yards on 18 carries and two TD runs. DE Phil Lee recovered a fumble and returned it for a TD. Darius had a pick.

We now sit at 9-5.

My guess - Marvin Graham will be League Offensive MVP. Next week, we have the 10-4 Seahawks from the division. A critical game.

Week 16 - We manage to defeat the Seahawks 23-13. Tony Clements was Game MVP with 27 of 35 for 258, and 2:0. Graham caught 7 balls for 95 yards and two more scores. Darius added a pick and Lee had 1.5 sacks.

We are now in a 3-way tie at 10-5 at the top of the AFC West. If I lose, I may not even make the playoffs. On the other hand, if I win, I may not even win the division. Here we go.

Week 17 - We crush the four win Vikings 31-7. Game MVP Monty Swift with a 70 yard receiving TD, 144 yards on 6 catches. Graham and Carr also caught TDs. Clements was 19 of 26 for 266, 3:0. McSherry was 17 runs for 89 yards and a TD. Lee notched a pair of sacks, Finch grabbed a pick.

How did we rattle off 6 straight wins after going 5-5.

Record of Final 6 Opponents Combined: 4-12 Vikings, 4-12 Raiders, 5-11 Broncos, 5-11 Chargers, 11-5 Seahawks, 7-8-1 Packers. Total Record: 36-59-1.

We will be traveling to 12-4 Miami.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wild Card Weekend:

All wounded players are enlisted for this game.

We win 34-30.

Game MVP -Backup LB Austin Deal. Led the team in tackles and had a pick.

Backup CB Finch had a pick

Gaines had our lone sack.

McSherry had 23 carries for 116 yards and a TD

Clements was 10 of 23 for 173, 1:2. Switzer came in for a couple of series after Clements was knocked down. Switzer had two TDs on 6 passes. Swift had 5 catches for 113 yards, 2 Tds. Carr had the other score.

Page had 4 KRB

Marvin Graham is questionable and WILL start next week.

Baltimore crushed KC 45-14.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Divisional Weekend:

We travel to face the 12-4 Patriots. We were the team to first beat them when they were 6-0, and we crushed them a couple of years ago in the playoffs. Perhaps we match up well with them

Not this week. 24-17. We lose. Our TDs went to Monty Swift and Carr. Swift had 150 yards on the day. No pick, no sacks, and we tossed more picks than we tossed TDs. An easy formula for defeat.

Seattle beat Baltimore 17-10.

AFC Championship sees Seattle defeat New England 27-24.

2008 Super Bowl - Seattle loses to the Saints 45-31.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awards:

All-Pro 1st Team - WR Marvin Graham, C Xavier Stone, P Blaine Baldridge, DT Mitchell Lincoln

Old 04-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s look at who they thought was league Offensive MVP:

QB Johnny Orellana - 3831 yards, 30-10 TD:Int ratio, 97.9 rating. A very good year, no question.

Now, let’s look at Marvin Graham:

WR Marvin Graham - 142 catches, 2114 yards, 16 TDs.

All three stats led the league. The catches and yards are, by far, record setting numbers.

Orellana had a good year, no question. But nothing there is record-setting. Nothing there is Marino-esque. It’s a very, very good year, and Orellana deserved the Top QB spot for All Pro, but Marvin Graham SET RECORDS in his position that obliterated previous records. Who should be League Offensive MVP?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

Team -

10th best rushing offense by yards, 12th by ypc. 3rd best passing offense by yards and average.

13th best rushing defense by yards, 2nd best passing defense by yards, best by yards per pass allowed.

16th best in sacks, -6 TO margin (ick!).

We rarely have such an anemic TO margin.

Individual -

RB Chris Evans - 12 starts, 144 rushes, 723 yards, 4 Tds, 5.0 ypc
RB Ross Ballard - 116 rushes for 472 and 3 TDs, 4.0 ypc
RB Russell McSherry - 4 starts, 109 rushes, 440, 4 Tds, 4 ypc

QB Tony Clements - 61.8 completion percentage, 4283 yards, 27:19 ratio, 86.4 QB Rating. Very good. 2nd most yards in league. 6th best QB Rating. 3rd highest # of Tds.

Our PR/KR was woefully poor.

P Baldridge was 2 full yards more than the next in terms of average punt, 35 of 79 in 20.

DE Phil Lee was 7th in the NFL with 14 sacks.
DT Mitchell Lincoln had 7.5 sacks, a good number for a DT.

S Darius had 6 picks, Flowers 4, S Horn 3,

C Xavier Stone had 36 KRB and also led the league in KRB.
OT Bob Turney had 25.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year - WR Marvin Graham. Duh.
Defensive Player of the Year - DT Mitchell Lincoln - He did well enough to get 1st team all pro, great sacks, solid tackle numbers, and was a force for us. I got what I wanted when I signed him!
Special Team Player of the Year - P Blaine Baldridge - He massively led the league in kicking average, got a good number if balls inside the 20, was the 1st team all-pro, and even kicked 5 FGs while subbing for an injured Mare.
Rookie of the Year - OT AJ Berry - While no rookie really flashed anything major, OT Berry had a solid year. 5 sacks allowed, and 17 KRB, which is a good year for such a green player.
Heart Award - WR Marvin Graham - This award always goes to overachieving players on the bench, overachieving UFAs, or even older stars playing well past their prime. However, Marvin Graham is a stud, but his performance this year was beyond expectations. No one drafts a WR at any position, not even 1/1 with the intent that they will get 142 catches and 2112 yards in just one season. Here’s to Graham!

LB Ray Lewis is currently 2nd in most tackles during this dynasty.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I still wish I had Santoro on my team, but that trade gave me the pick I used on Marvin Graham. Was it such a loss in retrospect?

Old 04-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Final Gasp

End of Season:

Score: Performance: 67, Franchise Value - 78, Profit/Loss - 55, Difficulty 70 - Score - 67

Hall of Fame - Randal McDaniel, Shannon Sharpe and Vinny Testaverde have been Hall of Fame ized.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are having a new round of expansion. Albuquerque Timber Dogs and Corpus Christi Cyberhawks.

Ray Lewis retired.

I will be jumping to a new expansion team this year. I would love to follow my team, but I feel that I have made a great franchise and I am ready to jump for another expansion team.

The San Antonio Lone Star Seasons:

2002 - 10-6 Wild Card
2003 - 10-6 Wild Card, Made it to Division Round
2004 - 13-3 Division Winner, Won Super Bowl
2005 - 13-3 Division Winner, Won Super Bowl
2006 - 11-5 Division Winner, Made it to AFC Championship
2007 - 11-5 Wild Card
2008 - 11-5 Wild Card, Made it to Division Round

That is a very realistically good dynasty. We never just absolutely dominated. Two Super Bowls, 3 division banners and 4 wild cards in seven years.

I hire a new nice cheap coach for the Lone Stars who reduce their costs but is pretty solid.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #146
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Say Hello to the:

Albuquerque Timber Dogs

What happens sometimes is teams get poor random choices assigned to them. So I am going to choose a new mascot, more appropriate to the Albuquerque environment.

We have narrowed the list to the possibilities:

Vipers
Dust Devils
Chubasco
Thunderbirds (currently the name of the Albuquerque Dleague NBA team)
Mustangs
Scorpions
Rail Runners (You’d have to know NM in order to get that one)
Cottonwoods
Prairie Dog
Pronghorns

There are several evocative New Mexico and Albuquerque names here.

Thunderbirds is considered too close to Phoenix, and is removed from contention. The Mustangs are too similar to the Broncos and Colts.

The Cottonwoods is too meh. It is removed.

I removed Dust Devils. Sun Devils are next door at ASU. Pronghorns don’t strike enough fear into people.

That leaves:

Vipers - I like snakes as mascots, they aren’t done enough. It doesn’t scream Albuquerque, however.
Chubasco - Which, in case you didn’t know, is a violent storm that rages in the area.
Scorpions - See Vipers. Perhaps a bit too deserty.
Prairie Dog - Can be found in the Sandia Mountains right next door to Albuquerque.
Rail Runners - The name of the public rail transit system, but I like it.

Chubasco, although good, may be a bit too region specific. It is pulled. Scorpions are too deserty.

That leaves Rail Runners, Prairie Dogs or Vipers.

I think all are suitable.

No schools have these mascot names, so we are good to go from that perspective. All that is left is to choose one.

This is not the time for Vipers. Both Prairie Dogs and Rail Runners are good local names, unused, and good for mascots. Prairie Dog would be the more traditional one, along the lines of numerous other animal mascots in the NFL.

Which one will it be? Rail Runner or Prairie Dog?

Rail Runner.

We are in the AFC East, fighting the Jets, Patriots, and so forth. That was a silly location.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our head coach and lead scout were already hired. Let’s say hello:

Head Coach
Norbert Cole
4 year contract at high rate (5th highest paid coach in the league)

Excellent - RB, WR, Young Talent, Motivation, Discipline
Very Good - Offense PC, Def PC, Avoid Injury
Good - LB, DB
Fair - QB, Oline, Dline, K

Lead Scout
Kelly Shehee
4 years, one of the cheaper lead scouts in the league

Excellent - K
Very Good - RB, WR, Young Talent
Good - QB
Fair - DB, Dline
Poor - Oline

Our Head Coach isn’t bad, but our scout is downright disappointing.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #148
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Franchise Overview:

4th worst stadium, worst roster (duh), 4th worst support, tied for 9th best economy, 3rd lowest franchise value.

Our stadium:

Outdoor/Artificial Turf

Capacity - 84000

Time for the expansion draft.

Unlike last time, we are now competing against the Corpus Christi Cyberhawks for players.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2009 NFL Expansion Draft has begun:

We have the first pick.

I initially take a look to see if the new GM at San Antonio left us anything to play with, but he didn’t.

The top rated player is TE David LeFleur, in his 14th year.

This is largely a wrinkles convention, with a lot of players long in the tooth on the board.

Here are my options:

P Edward McConnell, one of the best young players on the board, could be a starting P for a while.
QB Tony Banks - You’d have him for two years at 5+ million each year, and not that great but something.
WR Kelvin Griffin - Just one year but a decent enough WR.
TE Rickey Garcia - One of the younger players with some potential on the board. Have him for 3 years.

I take a good player in Griffin. Perhaps he will want to resign. The Cyberhawks take TE David LeFleur.

I grab Edward McConnell now. There aren’t that many good players in the draft.

Corpus Christi takes LB Lance Madison

I grab S Russell Tuttle, of the Giants. Just one year left on his contract, but younger and has some potential for growth.

They take LB Barry Gardner. I grab TE Garcia and they take Tony Banks.

I grab old, idolized, RB Tim Biakabutaka.

They take an old washed up receiver, I take a washed up guard. They grab a washed up safety, OI take another washed up OG. They grab a 3rd LB.

After that, it’s pretty much BAP, as much as that even applies here.

Expansion Draft Recap:

1. WR Kelvin Griffin, Broncos
2. P Edward McConnell, Patriots
3. S Russell Tuttle, Giants
4. TE Ricky Garcia, Dolphins
5. RB Tim Biakabutaka, Saints
6. OG Doug Brzezinski, Eagles
7. OG Rich Tykski, Steelers
8. DT Edward Kaplan, Chicago
9. CB Devin Reed, Dolphins - Returner
10. LB Dexter Coakley, Cowboys
11. DE Mo Poston, Jaguars
12. LB Austin Deal, San Antonio
13. S Billy Joe Williams, San Antonio
14. WR Rex Hanks, Chargers
15. OT Randall Norris, Jets
16. C Mike Compton, Detroit
17. DT Gary Fike, Chargers
18. LB Stanley Clayton, Chargers
19. WR Wayne Chrebet, Jets
20. K Julio Tyler, Falcons
21. LB Derek Castle, Jaguars
22. FB Kendell Freeman, San Antonio
23. TE Raymond Kolodzik, Bills
24. S Donovan Norton, Titans
25. WR Kurt Money, Packers

We now have 25 players under contract

Old 04-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are in the 1/2 slot.

There are some good QBs and a perfect, perfect DT.

I make an offer to:

QB Rex Alcott to be our starting man
K Jason Elam
WR Moe Paradis - A stud WR
OT Randy Long
OG Conrad Cloutier
LB Conrad O’Neal

Week 1 - OG Conrad Cloutier joins us

Week 2 - I made an offer to TE Cam Cleeland for one year, but he goes elsewhere. QB Rex Alcott will be our new QB.

Week 3 - I increase my offer for Paradis. I want a developed WR to catch from my developed QB.

Week 6 - I increase my offer for OT Long.

Week 9 - OT Randy Long joins us

Week 10 - Jason Elam signs with Dallas

Week 12 - WR Moe Paradis signs with us

Week 13 - LB Conrad O’Neal joins us

Week 18 - No FAs interest me. To the Draft!

What I want is that perfect DT and if Corpus Christi takes a QB for their franchise, we can have him!

Needs:

Starter: RB, C, OG, OT, K, DEx2, DTx2, LB, CBx2, S

Bunch o’ Backups